Front sm

dragonflyamber78

Branch: Ekaterina

Hi George,

It's been a long time since I've heard of you. Thank you for your gratulations. Actually school really went very well. So I got a mark 1.0 as a final mark (all subjects combined). If you are familar with the German system reaching from 1 to 6 you can possibly guess that this is not too bad. I was best at my school and got invited to the ministerium together with all those other kids of my state who managed to beat that mark. However, I don't feel very intelligent at all. I've just done what the teachers have asked me to do, learned some stuff which I the forgot some weeks later. That's it basically. Now I applied for a German university (I'm probably not allowed to name it but it is a smaller one which is not known in any particular way. I just wanted to have something near my parents house which wasn't too big as I hate huge cities, crowds of strangers and traffic everywhere). I'm going to study mechanical engineering. I don't know too much about that up to now but am hoping to learn a lot in the next 5 years. You can't know everything before you've studied it. But that's why I'm doing it, right? Because it is something I can't do at the moment but that I'd like to know more about.

That magic cube thing (twisty puzzles) has really passed the state of an obsession now. I think I'm now at approximately 120-130 puzzles. I'm collecting lots of different ones. i've been doing this for some years and solved, modded and invented new ones. However, the purchase of my very own 3D-printer (some kind of a graduation-present for myself) made it possible for me to start designing puzzles virtually that I can now really produce. That's awesome and who has never seen a 3D-printer at work will truly be amazed by those machines.

Inventing algorithms for a puzzle is more like trial-and-error and some testing. SO it isn't toooo hard after all. I've just managed to solve a "Master Pyraminx" on my own after some weeks. It is always fun to solve those puzzles although I'm not very talented. There are people who can simply solve every single puzzle in just days whereas I only try simple ones and it often takes me months to figure those out.

I'll definitely don't stop using my brain. I'll have it occupied with puzzles, English and the studies once they've started in automn.

Dario

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Hi, I'm:

18 years old,

a fan of the 39 clues series,

a german native speaker,

a funny guy AND

a fan of the 39 clues series

short: I'm Dario ;-)

My C-Mail: /88905

Happy MB game I: /129500Cubers Forever!

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

Bump!

• Posted at:

THE NAMES TAYLOR. GIRLS RULE! RP Queen!

I like Miraculous Ladybug!

I'm just a girl who likes to rp.

I also like to write stories.

Star Wars Rp!: /339111

Mummy Rp: /339330

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Branch: Lucian

Hey Dario,

You sound happy and well. That's great. I wonder if it's kind of normal to learn something to do well on exams and then forget. Because you are moving on, not using what you have learned. Practicing the things you learn - which you should do at university in classes for mechanical engineering - should help you to retain your knowledge. Your mark 1.0 shows your aptitude to learn and that will carry over to the university and real life working of mechanical things, I'm sure.

Your English is very good. I'm glad that you are continuing with that as well as your puzzles and algorithms. Keeping your brain busy. I understand not wanting to be in a big city. I don't like big cities either. It's nice you'll be close to family.

I'm still doing school online (we start back in the middle of August). Nothing major going on there. I'm still really involved in church. In the last year our church started a school that has more than 200 students, we started an orphanage for 12 children, and we're paying half of the cost of farmland. That gives people jobs. Some of the harvest will go to the orphans and the rest will go to market. They can harvest 3 crops a year. I have helped put all of this in place, so it's exciting. I'm hoping to go to Haiti in February. We have a Haitian congregation that's been meeting in our church for two years - since their church had burned down. That connection is how we started and it's who we are partnered with. That pastor and his wife, our pastor and her husband, and I are hoping to go to Haiti in February. We're not yet sure if others want to come. I'll be in charge of taking photos of the children being sponsored by people in our church, getting info, and just getting to know them. I already know them really well just because I've done the most work with the kid's photos and information. I can't wait to meet the students and the orphans!

A lot of times I hold myself in. I don't express my happiness or joy. Because I've been judged and bullied by others in the past, it's hard to just be myself. I'm praying to get better at not worrying about others and just be free to be me. That's how I want to be with the kids in Haiti. I want to have fun with them and show them lots of love. I want to express to them how precious they are. 

I had been learning Haitian Creole, but that was before the last trip in April. I've not been practicing and we've not restarted the classes. I hope I can learn to say enough in Creole to be understood. And to understand. At least a little bit. There are almost no books in Haitian Creole. Mostly children's books and they don't portray the culture accurately and show all kinds of food on the pages when the people in Haiti, for the most part, are starving. 

That's pretty much what's going on with me. 

I know you will do well when university begins in autumn.

Blessings to you!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

of the eternal life to which you were called

when you made the good confession

before many witnesses." 

I Timothy 6:12

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

Bump!

• Posted at:

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

Bump!

• Posted at:

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

Hey Dario!

• Posted at:

Front sm

dragonflyamber78

Hi George,

thank you for encouraging me. I've now returned from a trip to France. I'll also be spending a week in Turkey with my sisters this month. Beside that I've celebrated my birthday with my friends this weekend which was nice. Furthermore I've now received the official answer from university. From now on I'm an official student (that sounds stupid but in German there are different words for students at university than for those at school). That changes a lot in my life of course and I have to think about how and where to live in the future. I've applied for a room but haven't received an answer yet.

That church activity sounds very exiting. To be honest I'm not religious and don't believe in God. However I'm happy that Christians (and other religious people excluding those using violence to inforce their goals) use that very religion in order to help others. That is something non-religious people should be more active in as well. Even in my town, there are Christians who help poor or elderly people and provide them with food and cloths. That is a good thing to do. I hope that doesn't insult you but I often see the church as a charity organisation. People come together and help each other without wanting something in return. Nowadays sometimes even charities want to earn money and are not just helping willingly. So I'm really impressed by how much effort you put into those projects. Although I do feel uncomfortable when religious people try to convince me of something I do not believe in I can't understand those who hate Christians, Jews or others due to their believings. Without being into it the way you are I can tell that what you are doing is a good thing. And that's what matters.

I hope your trip will be successful and you can improve your skills in that language as well.

Dario

• Posted at:

Hi, I'm:

18 years old,

a german native speaker,

a funny guy AND

a fan of the 39 clues series

short: I'm Dario ;-)

My C-Mail: /88905

Happy MB game I: /129500Cubers Forever!

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Hey Dario! Not sure if you remember me, but it's Hazel. How have you been?

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

"See the world not as it is, but as it should be."

My Blog: /301450

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

Bump!

• Posted at:

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

Bump!

• Posted at:

Front sm

livelyfire22

Ew old post 

But ohmagod! Dario! I remember reading this the first day it was posted! I didn’t post but I did stalk you guys (sorry, I was young). Memories....*sad sigh* this place has changed so much! I can’t believe so many things have changed. This place has been my home since 2013 and these people have been family. I read every single post on this thread before typing this, and some of the names on here almost made me cry. I remember this so well. Now I’m being sappy, but it’s still just so...I don’t even know the right word...FLUFFEH. Fluffeh, that’s the word. *sigh* 

imma stop being depressing now....o.o

• Posted at:

Sally

HAMMOCFLAVORED DRINK FAMILY

I have loved you all for years, and I will never stop.

My friends, my family, stay awesome.

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

*you know you're missed when

someone puts you in their sig*

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

Bump!

• Posted at: