Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

Branch: Janus

Bump!Continue!
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

"For every person you save, there's gonna be somebody you can't." -Joe West, in The Flash

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

Branch: Lucian

Oh my goodness, you're back!!! I'm sorry I haven't been reading your story but I thought this story was dead. * hangs head*

• Posted at:

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

And it's been nearly 4 months since this one was updated.  That's 1/3 of a year.  You do realize this story and All Over Again are so good, they ought to be included as 39 Clues canon, right?
  • Posted at:

MischievousLoki7 aka SapphireLightning107

"Are you ever not going to fall for that?"  -Loki, The Avengers 

"You amuse me.  I will make you mine."  -Eska, The Legend of Korra

"You can't marry a man you just met."  -Elsa, Frozen

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Hello! Yes, it has been several months since my last post, but these stories are still not abandoned. Shout out to MischievousLoki7 for sticking with my stories - thank you! You're awesome! (That goes out to all my readers, too - new and long-time :) )

You've waited long enough, so here it is - the next chapter! All Over Again will hopefully be updated soon as well.

Chapter 8

Jen T. was looking at Dan as she spoke. Dan stared blankly at the woman he had just collided with, fighting the urge to shoot a helpless look at Amy. What could he say? Every second they wasted here made it more and more likely that they would be caught before they could even leave the building. The teen doubted that they'd be allowed to track down the authors if the employees here had anything to say about it, and now that the thought had been planted in his head, Dan was determined to do just that.

He opened his mouth slowly, but before he could say a word Ian stepped forward.

In a flawless American accent, he said, "Sorry miss, she's just getting into character. My friends and I are dressing up as the Cahills for a convention, and we just had to stop by the publishing company that prints the books in costume to test them out. Apologize, Michael." Ian stressed the name, looking pointedly at Dan, who was gaping back at him in shock. The Madrigal shut his mouth quickly and smiled an overly bright and entirely fake grin at Jen T.

"I'm sorry - I should have been paying attention," he said, somehow managing to sound perfectly polite and apologetic. The other four skillfully hid their own surprise at Ian's quick-thinking and acting behind sheepish looks.

Jen T.'s face cleared, and she smiled back at Dan. "Well, let me tell you, you six had me thinking that the books had come alive for a second there!" she said with a laugh (the Cahills struggled to keep their expressions bland). "That's certainly some impressive role-playing!"

Amy, Ian and Dan laughed along with her, though theirs were a little more strained. Jen T. glanced back at the book in her hands and raised an eyebrow at the teens.

"But why do you have a Scholastic office copy of The Maze of Bones?" she asked, raising an eyebrow inquisitively. This time it was Amy who stepped in. She stood up straight, seemingly very excited.

"The employees upstairs thought our act was so great, they gave us one of the signed copies they had lying around. It's so cool!" she said enthusiastically, practically bouncing on her feet. Dan had to stifle a laugh - she was doing an imitation of him doing an imitation of her when Amy found a particularly fascinating new book at a library. Amy pointedly did not look in his direction as her face abruptly 'fell'.

"That is okay, isn't it?" she said anxiously, glancing between Jen T. and the book with a worried expression. Even Dan had to admit that her act was impressively convinvcing. His sister looked every bit the enthusiastic fan who was scared of having her amazing gift taken away.

Jen T. looked surprised, but she covered it up quickly and hurried to reassure the girl. "Of course it's fine! That sounds like something Len or Gavin would do, and we do have many extra copies," she said with a smile, handing the blue book back to Amy. Amy smiled brightly, thanking her repeatedly as she subtly motioned for the others to make for the doors on the other side of the lobby (miraculously, no one else in the room had noticed the commotion). As they slipped away, she made some hurried excuse, using her fake excitement to mask her abruptness, and with a showy wave goodbye Amy walked away from the woman after her cousins and brother. Jen T. waved back, shrugging to herself as she adjusted her grip on her bag and headed upstairs.

As soon as the doors to the building slid shut behind them, Dan, Jonah, Amy, Sinead and Hamilton all stopped and pinned Ian with incredulous looks. The British boy just raised an eyebrow.

"Accents are a key part of espionage, and I am a Lucian," was all he said, turning away to survey the city street they were standing on. "Well, let's hurry it up then! We can get a good headstart."

And with that, Ian walked away. The other five exchanged half-surprised, half-exasperated looks, but they didn't hesitate to follow his lead and leave the Scholastic building far behind them.
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

Guess who's still writing?

Check out All Over Again - The Clue Hunt, Take 2 (Updated 2017)

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep dreaming.

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

Yes!  Update!

• Posted at:

Front sm

fireamber36

Amazing story!! It's very orignal, and often I don't see it in stories. Great job!!!!

~Rachel

• Posted at:

I am a 15 year old  fangirl,

daughter of Poseidon...Chocolate, books,and weapons to kill with kindness....

makes life bearable.

My name is Dagger Ridiculous the XXXIV. You killed my pillow pet. Prepare to die.

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

Bumpercars!

This is a really good story! You just HAVE to update!

• Posted at:

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

Front sm

writerbookworm21

This sounds awesome

• Posted at:

Veronica bookworm Titaniac Swiftie

I've had the time of my life fighting dragons with you.

~Long Live (Taylor Swift)

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

'Bumpercars.' I like it.

Chapter 9

Gavin and Len looked at each other, both hoping that the other would step up to explain. Jen B. was thankfully still staring after the teens and not looking at them, giving the two men a few moments to gather their wits.

"The Cahills? Really, Jen, I think you've been in the 39 Clues division for too long," Gavin tried to bluff (rather unconvincingly in Len's opinion). "It was just a couple of excited kids from a tour group."

Jen blinked, finally turning her attention back to her co-workers. She raised an eyebrow at their attempts at nonchalant expressions. 

"Tour group?" she questioned. "I didn't know there was one scheduled for today."

Inwardly panicking, Gavin shrugged as casually as he could. "It was a last minute thing. Some school called this morning and...er..."

"Something about an English class that loved the series and was going to be in the area for another trip," Len interjected quickly. "They asked if they could stop by while they were here."

The eyebrow rose higher.

"I didn't see them come in."

Gavin laughed nervously. "Well, that doesn't surprise me. You've been buried at that desk all day," he tried to joke. Len fought the urge to grimace at their utterly transparent acting abilities. It wasn't their day job, sure, but neither of them were usually this bad. He blamed it on the shock of seeing six fictional teens come to life before their eyes, which, as far as excuses went, was actually fairly valid.

Jen just looked at both of them, suspicion written clearly across her face. Gavin and Len kept their faces as blank as they could, but the thin line of her mouth told them that it wasn't working.

"I think I would have noticed a bunch of 'excited kids' going by my desk, considering it is right by the door," she said. "Jen T. only unlocked the side door a little while ago when she went out for lunch."

It was Gavin's turn to hold back a wince. They were really grasping at straws now, he knew, and he was just opening his mouth to say something (anything, really) when the side door opened and Jen T. entered the office. 

"Jen! How was lunch?" Len waved her over a little too eagerly, glad for the apparent rescue. But both his and Gavin's hopes were quickly dashed when Jen T. laughed as she came over, saying, "Good, except for running into a kid - literally! - downstairs. Those Cahill costumes really were convincing, weren't they? The level of passion that kids have for the series is really quite cool. I know I wouldn't have stopped by a publishing agency with my friends just for kicks when I was a teen."

Jen B. looked interested at this, turning to look at Gavin and Len. "I thought you said they were on a school trip?" she asked, not quite managing to hide the triumphant gleam in her eye. Jen T. was surprised. 

"What? I thought they were just random fans. I didn't see a teacher anywhere downstairs," she said in confusion. "By the way, that was really nice of you two to give them one of our special book copies. ...You did give it to them, didn't you?" Jen T. added, a hint of uncertainty creeping into her voice.

The two men looked at each other, wracking their brains to come up with a reasonable explanation, but as the silence stretched on it became obvious that neither woman was going to believe anything that came out of their mouths but the truth. There was nothing else for it.

This whole crazy mess was probably going to end up on their heads, but right now they had to act fast before the situation got worse and the damage became irreparable. Gavin and Len exchanged one last glance before squaring their shoulders and turning to face the Jens.

"Not exactly," Len replied to both questions. "We've got...a bit of a situation. And I think we're going to need your help."

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

dragonchasing402

Branch: Tomas

PTFL!

-Jane

• Posted at:

Jane the Jovial

Dragane

SHADESLAYER

DaughterofPoseidon

ⓦⓞ 

Hobbit In Disguis

DragonChaser and Rider For 402 years 

CH-BSPQR

Archer

ExecutiveProtector|WeProtectTheMBfamily!Info@/114657

YourMomChoseLife!:D

"Aperson is a person no matter how small"DrSeuss

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

*hahaha* Bumpercars.... I think that was Kathy's thing. Anways, thanks for updating. This is really good! can't wait for more!!!!!

• Posted at:

Front sm

writerbookworm21

Need more

• Posted at:

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Wow, I just found this just tonight and read it straight through. It is so very awesomesauce!!! I want to read this story to the very end!!! I can't believe one of the four mods hasn't gotten back on here to make a comment since Len's first comment. Maybe they are waiting until the superb ending!

Please, continue!! This is star quality!

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

of the eternal life to which you were called

when you made the good confession

before many witnesses." 

I Timothy 6:12

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

Yes, why haven't the mods commented on this in ages?  You would have thought this would be the sort of story that they had ought to follow closely, seeing as they are the main characters after all.

• Posted at:

Front sm

writerbookworm21

Yeah I agree where are the mods?

• Posted at:

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

YES!STORY!

• Posted at:

"For every person you save, there's gonna be somebody you can't." -Joe West, in The Flash

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I almost forgot about this story. More, please! (Maybe the mods have, too, which is why they haven't commented??)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

of the eternal life to which you were called

when you made the good confession

before many witnesses." 

I Timothy 6:12

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

I blame the author and their random updates. 

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

writerbookworm21

Need more. There hasn't been more since June. What happened?

• Posted at:

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

• Posted at:

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

As a thank you for all of you still reading, I'm posting a new chapter both here and one on my other story, All Over Again - The Clue Hunt, Take 2 today. I know that some of you have followed both, and if you haven't, check it out!

Out of curiosity, which of my three main stories do you guys like the most? Agents of Scholastic (this one), All Over Again - The Clue Hunt, Take 2, or Amy's Boyfriend? (The links to the other two can be found under my posts). I've enjoyed writing all of them, and if you've liked this one, you may be interested in reading the other two. Let me know here or on one of those threads.

Chapter 10

Ian had only walked about a block before conceding (in the most arrogant way possible) that he had no idea where he was going. He had graciously allowed Sinead to take the lead, ignoring the way Dan had rolled his eyes with an obnoxiously loud huff, and the Ekat had wasted no time in steering them towards the nearest library. 

As soon as they had stepped through the door, Amy was in her element.

"All right, Hamilton, Dan, you go find as many of those books as you can and meet us at the computers over there. Jonah, Ian, grab a desk and start looking up everything you can find on the authors of the books - especially any ones that have yet to be published. Sinead, see if you can find anything about how we got here and how we might be able to get home. I'm going to look up the publishing company," Amy fired off directions like an army general directing her troops, striding off towards the computers without waiting to see if the other five listened.

Jonah, Hamilton and Dan exchanged looks behind her back, but all of them set about on their separate tasks without complaint. They were still too close to the building - Scholastic - for any of their comfort, and each Cahill was eager to accomplish their mission so that they could get out of there quicker. 

Ian and Jonah sat down beside each other, pulling up browsers and starting to surf the web without delay. Sinead was already flying through information on her screen. Amy typed 'Scholastic book publishers' into the search bar and clicked on the first link, quickly burying herself in her research.

It only took a few minutes for Dan and Hamilton to return, arms full of books. Amy paused just long enough to order them to start skimming for any useful information before returning to her own work.

"We should probably be out of here in half an hour, at most," Ian stated, glancing up from his computer. "Jonah and I will have locations by then."

The others nodded in agreement. Without another word, the six Cahills dove into their respective tasks with the all the efficiency of the highly trained agents that they were - a fact which did not change, no matter what world they were in. 

They were the Cahills, and they were on a mission. Nothing was going to stand in their way.

The 39 Clues department of Scholastic had all but shut down. Desks were empty, phones were unattended, computer screens flickered without notice, and papers lay discarded on almost every available surface.

Every eye in the room was focused on Len, Gavin, and Jen B., who were standing at the front of the room, facing their co-workers with serious looks on their faces. No one was talking; everyone waited silently to hear what they had to say. Jen B. had called an emergency meeting not five minutes before, and after the initial chatter of "Do we actually have those?", each Scholastic employee had put down whatever they had been working on to turn towards the trio with varying degrees of interest.

Len and Gavin looked expectantly at Jen B., but their expressions quickly turned to looks of horror as she pointedly stepped aside and gestured at the two of them to take the floor. Her face (though clearly hiding a smirk) told them quite clearly, 'this is your mess, you get to explain'. 

After a fruitless moment of silent pleading and unwavering stares, Len and Gavin exchanged a nervous look. Turning to face the others, Gavin took a deep breath.

"Guys...first off, I swear that I'm not making this up. Everything I'm about to say is 100% true," he started, earning him a wave of raised eyebrows and piqued curiosity. Gavin swallowed, but he steeled himself and plowed on. "Six of the Cahills appeared out of the 39 Clues books in the conference room about an hour ago, as real and breathing as I am right now. Amy, Dan, Ian, Sinead, Jonah, and Hamilton stayed just long enough to find out that they were fictional here in our world, and then they ran out. We don't know where they've gone, but we need to find them before they cause any damage here or learn anything that could mess things up in their world. They're smart, and resourceful, so we need to hurry. We'll all have to work together to bring them in before anyone else realizes that they're here, so we're going to need all of your help."

Gavin caught his breath after his impromptu speech, staring out hopefully around the room. Beside him, Len mirrored his expression as he too looked over all of their assembled co-workers.

There was a silence. The admins blinked. Gaped. Stared. 

...And then the room erupted into laughter.

A sinking feeling grew in Gavin's chest as he exchanged a weary look with Len. This was going to be a long day.

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

Poor Gavin and Len.  No one believes them...

• Posted at:

Front sm

inkdragon19

aka AquaEager38

Amazing story!

• Posted at:

Agent: Amber Cahill

A Lucian, A Hunter, A Clue, An Agent

2010-

Agent's Note: Although a distant memory I will forever remember the golden age

Front sm

angelpepper8

Branch: Ekaterina

Please post more chapters soon.

• Posted at:

Hi, my name is Alejandro

Poseidon rules

Proud Grifinder

Help me out with my RP at /209691          

#PUTIRBACK

#AllLivesMatter

#LeaveYourMark

#WearYourCrownRight

Front sm

angelpepper8

Helllllooooooooeeeeeeeee

• Posted at:

Hi, my name is Alejandro

Poseidon rules

Proud Grifinder

Help me out with my RP at /209691          

#PUTIRBACK

#AllLivesMatter

#LeaveYourMark

#WearYourCrownRight

Front sm

decodingdragon1366

Need more!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

APRIL/RO 

"I love the DARK"

All shall bow down to me, as I am a QUEEN. 

I dream. I write. I read. I live. 

#Freakslikeme<3

#Wearefamily

#Ichosehappy

#ComehomeClev

#I'mnotClay

#Iamtitanium

#Callonme

#NeverForgetCyra 

Front sm

actorbrainy16

Bumpercars Teleport Bump

• Posted at:

Andra/Emmi M-D-W 

Christian †

Actress :-D D-:

Writer => ~

Autistic :'P

Singer ♪

etc...

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)

MeJoKeDuAnRaCaAcShLuKaLeOd

Front sm

decodingdragon1366

Ptfl.

• Posted at:

APRIL/RO 

"I love the DARK"

All shall bow down to me, as I am a QUEEN. 

I dream. I write. I read. I live. 

#Freakslikeme<3

#Wearefamily

#Ichosehappy

#ComehomeClev

#I'mnotClay

#Iamtitanium

#Callonme

#NeverForgetCyra 

1 , , 3