I LOVE THIS STORY!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

sapphireangel239 aka AquaButterfly1414

Angel-a

Ekat  / Madrigal

The 39 Clues  Forever

Amian Love

100%  Madrigal, 100% Ekaterina, 100% Lucian, 100% Janus, 100% Tomas...

Front sm

darkdragon658

aka PrincessPeach3

Branch: Lucian

Posting to find later! Great story!
  • Posted at:

darkdragon658 aka PrincessPeach3

~Drake Yilmaz Tolliver~

Great. Now I look like the huge, mighty Kinof GUYS WHO TALK TO POSTERS!-Bowser

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Branch: Janus

Sorry for the wait - thanks everyone! Here's the next chapter;

Chapter 3

The silence stretched on for an uncomfortable length of time. The Cahills stared at the two Scholastic employees relentlessly, their gazes hard and unyielding. Gavin and Len glanced at each other again.

"Why don't we all sit down?" Gavin said finally, gesturing at the table behind him. "It's kind of...complicated."

Len shot him a look, but nodded in agreement. Amy glanced at Dan, then at Ian, then Sinead, before nodding slowly as well.

"Fine. But keep your hands on the table where we can see them at all times," she said firmly. Len nodded again, gesturing for each of them to pick a spot. The eight of them took seats around the long conference table (the two men taking care not to make any sudden movements). Len and Gavin moved some chairs so that they shared the head of the table, taking the seats closest to the door.

Ian frowned, displeased with their choice of seating, but said nothing. The two unknown men were in a good position to block the apparently only exit in the room, and/or get through said exit and call for back-up before any of them could stop them. Ian glanced at Hamilton discreetly, tilting his head slightly. The Tomas teen nodded, taking the spot immediately to Len's right as Ian took the one on Gavin's left. The two boys were the fastest and (arguably, in Ian's case) the strongest of the six teens, so it made sense for them to be the closest as it would be easier for them to react if the men tried anything. Amy sat beside Ian, with Dan beside her, and Sinead and Jonah took their places next to Hamilton.

After they were all settled, Len cleared his throat. "Well...I have to warn you now; this is going to sound pretty unbelievable..." he began, hands clasped on the table as requested. Dan snorted.

"Dude, if we had a nickel for every time we heard that, I could buy out the Kabras," he said, ignoring the glare Ian sent his way. Gavin stifled a laugh and Len kicked him under the table.

"That's...good? I hope," Len said after a moment. "That might make this a little easier for all of you to swallow..."

The looks of the Cahills' faces became slightly impatient as he paused again. Seeing this, and wanting to avoid any potential confrontation, Len decided to just come out and say it.

"The reason we know who you are is that we're part of the team that helps publish The 39 Clues book series, which follows the adventures of Amy and Dan Cahill as they discover that they're members of the most powerful family in history and get swept up into a world full of lies, betrayal, and mystery as they travel around the globe hunting for clues," Len said in one breath.

Dead silence met his declaration. Amy, Dan, Sinead, Ian, Hamilton, and Jonah blinked several times as they processed his words, eyes narrowing or widening in shock and mouths falling open all around the table. Gavin looked at Len, giving him an incredulous look, to which Len just gave a nearly imperceptible, helpless shrug. The pair of them eyed the Cahills warily, unsure of how they were going to react. Len and Gavin braced themselves for screaming, anger, denial, and vicious accusations, but all they received was more silence.

Amy and Dan were staring at each other, presumably communicating in their unique non-verbal way while Ian and Sinead examined Len and Gavin, trying to assess whether or not they were lying. Hamilton and Jonah just looked at each other, exchanging incredulous looks.

"Let's just...say, for the sake of the argument," Amy said slowly, staring at Len with disbelief and suspicion, "that you're telling the truth... You're telling us that we're fictional characters in a book?!"

"Well...books, but yes," Gavin replied hesitantly. Sensing the rising emotion in the room as the six teens tensed, he hastily pointed at the shelf on the wall. "Grab that blue book at the end, if you don't believe us!" he said. Len looked at him in alarm, but it was too late. Still eyeing them warily, Amy was already up and holding the copy of Rick Riordan's work.

"'The Maze of Bones'?" she asked, sitting back down. "I-hey!" Amy exclaimed as Dan snatched the book out of her hands and began to flip through it. His eyes widened as he paused on a certain page, brow furrowing as he read and re-read the words written there. Without warning, the boy stood up and stepped towards the shelf, tossing the blue book to Amy as he began to pull more of them off the wall. The green one went to Jonah, the red one flew at Ian, the yellow one landed in Sinead's hands, and the black and orange one was caught by Hamilton. Dan seized the next one, a teal colored book, and flung himself back in his chair. Len and Gavin could only sit and stare as the Cahills scanned the summaries on the back of the books and began to flip through the pages, casting watchful glances in their direction every once in a while.

The two moderators looked at each other as they waited, each wondering what on earth they were supposed to do. But neither of them could help but cringe as they watched Ian page through The Sword Thief.

"The Message Board Amians would have a field day with this," Gavin said in a hushed undertone, eyeing the British boy warily. Now there was a disaster waiting to happen.

Len couldn't help but agree. But while giving them the books might be the fastest way to prove their story, he couldn't help but feel like everything was only going to get even more complicated from here.
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

Guess who's still writing?

Check out All Over Again - The Clue Hunt, Take 2 (Updated 2017)

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep dreaming.

CLASSIFIED

More! Bump
  • Posted at:

Front sm

sapphireangel239

aka AquaButterfly1414

Branch: Ekaterina

I LOVE THIS STORY!!!!!! 

Please, Please, Please...Please write more, sooooooon!!!!

• Posted at:

sapphireangel239 aka AquaButterfly1414

Angel-a

Ekat  / Madrigal

The 39 Clues  Forever

Amian Love

100%  Madrigal, 100% Ekaterina, 100% Lucian, 100% Janus, 100% Tomas...

Front sm

griffinheart9

aka AquaDolphin1713

awesomesauce
  • Posted at:

HONOR before GLORY

LOYALTY before VICTORY 

DEATH before DEFEAT

If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you die...walk it off."- Captain America

"If you go our there, you fight, and you fight to kill." Hawkeye

Front sm

griffinheart9

aka AquaDolphin1713

awesomesauce
  • Posted at:

HONOR before GLORY

LOYALTY before VICTORY 

DEATH before DEFEAT

If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you die...walk it off."- Captain America

"If you go our there, you fight, and you fight to kill." Hawkeye

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

Good chapter! Love your writing style! I wonder what people would d if they found out that Amy and Ian are real people......
  • Posted at:

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

Front sm

analyzingwizard7

aka CapitalCelebrating1

Cool! Yeah, we Amians like The Sword Thief!
  • Posted at:

Chai @^@

2010-2016 : 6 years as a Cahill

The Lord of the Books!

The Inventor of the Gavinometer!

King of the 39 Clues Fandom!

Horizoner, Greencloak, SQ, Madrigal, Amulet Keeper, Shadow House Special

Since the very start!

ChaiHam or ChaiJavi

Front sm

infiltratingelf2

aka AgentCobra2020

Again, 
  • Posted at:

Everything's ok, I'm here. If you're reading this, you're smart :D 

RP Mastermind

Ruler of the old

Bringer of the new

Daniel Adams

Front sm

redsad3

aka DecodingAzure15

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

Jess

GOODBYE EVERONE! I am no longer apart of this AWESOME Message Bord! :(

Front sm

midnightstranger1

aka DarkCat38

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!! EEEPP!!!
I.NEED.MORE.
  • Posted at:

DarkCat38 aka midnightstranger1

My name is Veronica

Seriously? -Me

SHERLOCK

Front sm

blackarrow131

aka BearDragon5

Branch: Tomas

DRAKE!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ME!!! CHRIS!!!!
  • Posted at:

Chris Voyage

Golden Age MB'er

Sprinkle Queen.

"When life gives ya lemons... Stop hating on lemons. I like lemons. I'm gonna keep those little pieces of heaven."

Front sm

blackarrow131

aka BearDragon5

Oh wow. i just read all three of the chapters and i dont think i've ever found a story on the MB quite as addicting to this one. i LOVE it!!!! KEEP WRITING! i cant wait to see how this turns out! *leans back in chair and waits* 

by the way, love the part about how the Amians having a field day! that was hilarious!!!  
  • Posted at:

Chris Voyage

Golden Age MB'er

Sprinkle Queen.

"When life gives ya lemons... Stop hating on lemons. I like lemons. I'm gonna keep those little pieces of heaven."

Front sm

emeraldlion40

aka CobraCandy11

A message to future you: Don't ever forget this thread!!!!!!

• Posted at:

emeraldlion40 aka CobraCandy11

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

"Say cheese." -Vesper guard.

Front sm

redsad3

aka DecodingAzure15

BUMP!!!

~Jess :)
  • Posted at:

Jess

GOODBYE EVERONE! I am no longer apart of this AWESOME Message Bord! :(

Front sm

yellowsilver13

aka IntelligenceAgent211

I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING. WHY I'M I WRITING? IT JUST I LOVE THIS STORY!!!!!
Chapter 4

"Wait!" Amy cried " Why is Maze of Bones and One Fasle Note writen by 2 authors?"
"We wanted kids to get interested in different authors." Gavin said.
"Wait!"Dan cried out more suddenly than Amy "Maybe we should kidnap this Riordan guy...."
"And Gordon!" Jonah said.
"And Peter Legaris!"yelled Hamilton.
"How about this Carmen guy who wrote The Black Circle?" Said Ian "And Linda Sue Park!" 
"And Jude Watson!" said Sinead.
"And M.P.Haddix!" said Amy.
"...and make them tell us more storys about us!"Dan finished 
 "Yes!" they all agreed
Gavin and Len looked at each other and gulped at the same time
Hamilton said "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's kidnap some authors!"
Then Hamilton,Jonah,Amy,Dan,Ian and Sinead all made a chain
Hamilton got off first. Then Sinead jumped into Hamilton's hands
Then Amy screamed" The Maze of Bones is pulsing!!!!!"
Gavin said" Home Awaits them!
Sinead told everyone something "Think for a minute. We were in the R-i-o section of the library when we came into this world? Rick R-i-o-r-d-a-n. If we stay away from 39 Clues Books, we won't go home!So HURRY!!!!"
Then Dan jumped into Hamilton's hands. Then Jonah. Then Amy. But Ian would not!
"IAN! JUMP NOW!"yelled Amy
"No way I'm jumping into those Tomas hands!!!" yelled Ian
"JUMP NOW"
"Soon it will be one back home, five to go, Len.
The book was pulsing a lot now.
"NOW IAN!!!!"Amy screamed
"O-okay."
"NO!!!!!!"Both Gavin and Len
----------------
Sorry to leave you as a cliffhanger, but I wrote too much already. I think you should choose what happens
What happens?
Does Ian make it back to Amy, Dan and the others?
Do Gavin and Lee grab Ian's leg? or
Does Ian get sucked back into the books?

You choose. And don't forget to read The Time Traveling Cahills

WARNING--- EmeraldJanus37 is Vesper One. He has ransoms waiting for you!!!! Or he will kill Dan!!! No Joking!!! He already kiddnapped and KILLED Atticus!!!! Save Amy,Dan,Jonah,Reagan,Chrissy Collins and Bae Oh!!!!!
Find :EmeraldJanus37/ Vesper One's Ransom's!!!! 
  • Posted at:

Far from home I set up my endeavour,

Risked all - love, even life, to sever

If need be. Yet with all I had,

the Clues given, brain nearly mad...

Warning. Vesper One is rising. The MFM had a backup, and was never disengaged.

Front sm

lightningdragon264

aka LordAssassin246

HELLO???? BUMP???

Scotch Tape ;) 
  • Posted at:

lightningdragon264 aka LordAssassin246

My name isSCOTCH TAPE.(Also known as Erika) Also, thx 2 Jay 4 da name!

Problemo?

There were2roads…andItookthe oneless traveledAND IT HURT, MAN!!!”

ScotchTape ;)

Proooblemoooo? =3

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Hey everyone! Sorry for the wait. That's an interesting take on Chapter 4, YellowSilver13 - thanks for your interest in my story! Here's my version of the next chapter;

Chapter 4

***SPOILER ALERT: Len was right.

It took all of two minutes for everything to start to go downhill. First came the furrowed brows, then the muttering under their breaths, then the odd stifled exclamation, and then, of course, the inevitable explosion.

"HOW DID THEY KNOW ABOUT-"

"THERE'S NO WAY-"

"THIS HAS TO BE SOME VESPER TRICK-"

Len and Gavin winced as the six Cahills started shouting and waving the books around furiously, casting anxious glances at the door behind them. The others' desks weren't that far away, after all, and the last thing they wanted was for all of Scholastic to walk in on this...whatever it was. That was definitely not something they wanted to add to this rapidly growing mess.

Sinead, Amy, and Ian caught their sidelong glances and swiftly misinterpreted them. Amy shot to her feet.

"Don't move!" she practically ordered, abruptly drawing all attention back to the two men. Len and Gavin hurriedly raised their hands again, trying to calm everyone down.

"No, no, we're not thinking about leaving!" Gavin hastily reassured her. "And we swear, this isn't any kind of trick. See, it all started..."

He went off, explaining the idea and history of the 39 Clues books with Len interjecting important points here and there. Amy, Dan, Ian, Sinead, Hamilton and Jonah still looked incredibly tense and fired up, but they at least listened as the two men spoke about the popularity of the series and the worldwide fan-base. Gavin even pulled out his phone to show them the evidence online; the books for sale, the pictures of the cards, the promotional videos, etc. Sinead immediately went online on her own phone, not trusting his not to be fake, only to find the same results.

Slowly, but surely, the six teens calmed down.

"...You've either put a lot of time and effort into making this one huge and elaborate trick..." Amy said slowly as Len finally finished speaking, trailing off into silence.

"-Or you're telling the truth," Jonah raised his eyebrows, flipping through 'One False Note' yet again. Dan, Ian, Sinead, and Hamilton nodded in agreement.

"All right, if we're in some weird other world, how do we get home?" Hamilton asked, rather calmly. The others leaned back in their seats casually (Amy having sat back down a few minutes before) and looked to the Scholastic employees expectantly.

Len and Gavin gaped at them.

"That's it?" Len said incredulously. "Accepted and moved on? Just like that?"

Dan smirked. "If you know half of what you say you do about us, you'll know that 'normal' isn't in the Cahill vocabulary. That's one of the first rules you learn in our family - you've just got to roll with all the insanity."

Ian rolled his eyes at the younger boy's choice of words, but even he didn't deny them. Len and Gavin exchanged a glance.

"Uh...right," Gavin nodded. "Well, the truth is that we have no idea how you got here at all, let alone how to send you home. The latest book that's been published, which is the last one on the shelf up there, just randomly starting pulsing a few minutes ago. Cue a bright flash of light, and then there were six teenagers in the conference room. That's all we know."

There was another brief silence as the Cahills absorbed this. Then Amy took a deep breath.

"Right then. Sinead?"

"On it," the other girl nodded, already franctically working away on her phone. "The Ekats have experimented with this kind of stuff before, all top secret of course, but I have access to the files."

The brisk efficiency in her voice made Gavin and Len blink. Amy just nodded.

"Good. In the meantime..." she looked to the Scholastic employees questioningly. Len and Gavin exchanged another glance, this one full of barely masked uncertainty.

"Well...have we convinced you that we're not any kind of evil masterminds?" Len clarified, just to be sure. Ian and Dan nodded in reply, completely serious. Len blinked again. "All right, then do you guys mind if Gavin and I step out for a second to talk? We'll be right back, of course, it's just-"

"-This is an even bigger shock for us than it is for you, and we need to sort some stuff out," Gavin finished. The six teens exchanged a few quick glances before Amy turned back to them and nodded.

"Of course," she said. "We need to do the same."

Understandable. 

With one more nod to the group, Len and Gavin got up and left the conference room.
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

dragonninja44

aka AgentArmy302

Best story ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

James Cahill

Proud Madrigal with a hint of Janus

ASK AND I SHALL RESPOND

(No guarantee)

Visit my threads for secret card codes and other spoilers

(Don't tell the Admins ;)) 

P6CJG9GWXP 

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

This is getting good!!!! I really can't waitfor the characters to meet the other mods. Keep it up!!
~Julia~ 
  • Posted at:

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

Front sm

infiltratingdolphin5

I like this story!!!!!!!!!

-Matt
  • Posted at:

Y0d@ w1z

"We  must marshal  Marshall."-Lyss

"Do or do not.There is no try."-Yoda

*Stuff to come here soon*

Steve:"I'll take over the world!Muahahaha...*Coughs*"

Max-"You Better not."

Rusty-"I'm with them..."

Hammy-"I'm Baack!!!"

#Get Better Alissa

Front sm

spykitten11

aka AmberTiger21

Wow, this is an AMAZING story!

~Vivian 
  • Posted at:

"I try not to think. It interferes with being nuts." - Leo Valdez

Vivian, daughter of Hermes. Edmund (Narnia) is mine!

Front sm

dolphindolphin1379

aka DolphinDolphin122

Great!
  • Posted at:

DolphinDolphin1379 aka DolphinDolphin122

eKat 

We will always remember you Kathy, Ashley, Jess and Clair.

Stay strong Madelyn! 

WWBWD? xoxo

The Girl on Fire + The boy with the bread = Toast

ChaiReactiooCompassion 

Front sm

moonlightangel85

aka WolfBlue252

bookmark
  • Posted at:

Moonlightangel85 aka WolfBlue252

TWolf

♥♦The Bear Interviewing Show♣♠/35963

♥♦cards♣♠.

The stars fade away…

Front sm

analyzingwizard7

aka CapitalCelebrating1

Awesomeicecream! 
  • Posted at:

Chai @^@

2010-2016 : 6 years as a Cahill

The Lord of the Books!

The Inventor of the Gavinometer!

King of the 39 Clues Fandom!

Horizoner, Greencloak, SQ, Madrigal, Amulet Keeper, Shadow House Special

Since the very start!

ChaiHam or ChaiJavi

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

This is a really good story!
  • Posted at:

MischievousLoki7 aka SapphireLightning107

"Are you ever not going to fall for that?"  -Loki, The Avengers 

"You amuse me.  I will make you mine."  -Eska, The Legend of Korra

"You can't marry a man you just met."  -Elsa, Frozen

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

Is anyone even still posting on this?  Don't tell me this story's died already!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Hey everyone! This story is definitely NOT dead - sorry for the wait. My other story - All Over Again - The Clue Hunt, Take 2 - has also been updated, so check it out! Without further ado;

Chapter 5

"Amy Cahill. Dan Cahill. Ian Kabra. Jonah Wizard. Hamilton Holt. Sinead Starling. They're all real, and they're all in our conference room," Gavin spoke as he and Len paused in the short hallway that separated the conference room from the rest of the Scholastic office. The other man grimaced.

"Yeah..." Both of them paused for a moment.

"Sorry, but I have to ask - am I the only one who, underneath all the 'what-are-we-going-to-do/is-this-seriously-happening/have-I-finally-gone-insane', thinks that this is incredibly cool?" Len said with a short laugh. A small grin crept across Gavin's face as he too chuckled.

"No, no you're not," he reassured him, glancing over his shoulder. "I feel like we've become one of the books we publish here, instead of the other way around."

Len laughed again. He knew exactly what Gavin meant. "Still..." he looked towards the office, quickly sobering up as he saw a few people and desks in his limited field of view. "Uh...what exactly are we going to do? I mean, announcing the fact that six fictional characters apparently now physically exist doesn't exactly seem like a good idea."

Gavin rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"So what's the plan?" Sinead asked at once as soon as the door had closed behind Len and Gavin. All of them immediately looked to Amy, who put her hands to her head and took a deep breath.

"Okay," she exhaled, "in short - we've somehow been transported to another world, one where we're fictional characters in a book franchise. We don't know how we got here, the people here don't seem to know how we got here-"

"-Or at least those two Scholastic guys don't," Dan interjected. Amy nodded.

"Right. Personally, I believe them. Any objections?" she was only slightly surprised when no one (not even Ian) argued. All of them had been extensively trained in spotting lies and reading body language, after all. Len and Gavin had been clearly unsettled, certainly, but had not displayed any of the key signs that they were deceiving them. The books they all still held in their hands were evidence enough, even if the two men were extraordinarily good actors. As strange as it was to read about their lives in a novel format, every printed word rang true to their experiences over the past few years. Len and Gavin's story seemed to be the only (somewhat) likely explanation to how that level of detail could be possible.

Amy nodded again thoughtfully.

"Well, I should re-phrase that - we don't know how we got here yet," she turned to Sinead, who was glancing between Amy and her handheld. "How long until we get something, do you think?" she asked the other girl. Sinead frowned.

"All the data I have is totally classified. The Ekats specifically designed the security programs protecting the information not to have a quick way to sneak in no matter what your clearance level is or how good a hacker you are," she said with a small huff of annoyance. "It'll take me at least a few hours to break in. After that, I can't say how long it'll take to find info that will help us get home. It could be minutes. It could be days."

"Days?" Hamilton made a face. "What are we supposed to do here for days? What if-" a panicked look suddenly spread across the Tomas teen's face, "What if people decide they want to - I don't know - experiment on us, or something? I mean, we aren't supposed to exist here."

Ian scoffed, but Dan had a look of horror on his face. "Dude, if I wanted to be an experiment, I'd spend more time in Sinead's lab," he said frantically, shaking his head with earnest. Sinead just ignored him.

Amy held out her hands, trying to calm them down. "No one's going to do anything to us," she said firmly. "We can find somewhere to stay for however long it takes Sinead to figure this out-"

"-and I will figure it out," Sinead put in.

"-and then we can all go home." Amy finished. Dan and Hamilton hesitated, but nodded, looking a bit more at ease as they relaxed into their seats. Ian just rolled his eyes at the two of them.

"Hold on."

Amy, Dan, Ian, Hamilton, and Sinead all turned to look at Jonah, who had been oddly quiet throughout the conversation. A thoughtful look creased his features.

"We're in a world where we're made-up..." he said slowly. Dan's brow furrowed.

"Uh, yeah, dude, we've covered that," he pointed out. Jonah shook his head, still with that thoughtful look on his face.

"Hear me out. We're in a world where we're made up, for who knows how long..." he trailed off for a moment, looking around at his cousins. "Why don't we make the most of it? Why don't we spend the time we're stuck here tracking the people who - supposedly - made us up?" The other five blinked. Jonah carried on with more confidence.

"Think about it! If we track down these 'authors' in this world, maybe we'll be able to find out some secrets about our world! Maybe we'll even be able to find out our future!" He looked around at them, trying to get them to see his point. "Think about any book series you've ever read. It's mad, yo, but it makes some kind of twisted sense!"

Silence filled the conference room for the umpteenth time in the past half hour.

...And then the smiles began to appear.
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

maththor7

aka AgentRed446

posting to save
  • Posted at:

the name: SRNreal name: you really think you can find my real name like that?!

Front sm

infiltratingdolphin5

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Another chapter!!!!
More,please.Cuz this story is really good!!!!
Matt  
  • Posted at:

Y0d@ w1z

"We  must marshal  Marshall."-Lyss

"Do or do not.There is no try."-Yoda

*Stuff to come here soon*

Steve:"I'll take over the world!Muahahaha...*Coughs*"

Max-"You Better not."

Rusty-"I'm with them..."

Hammy-"I'm Baack!!!"

#Get Better Alissa

Front sm

emeraldanubis36

aka DeviousLord8

Great chapter!
  • Posted at:

Not every duckling becomes a swan

It's always darkest before the dawn

Even birds can't always take flight

Not every dog's bark is worse than it's bite

Yet to cast a shadow there must be light

Safeguards Co-Leader

How to get tons of stars at /94579

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

Yay!!!! You're back. Please continue. I love your writing and don't want to see this story die.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

infiltratingelf2

aka AgentCobra2020

Nice!
  • Posted at:

Everything's ok, I'm here. If you're reading this, you're smart :D 

RP Mastermind

Ruler of the old

Bringer of the new

Daniel Adams

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Hey everyone! This is my first official post under my new agent name; PhoenixWriter39. I'm still CleverReader3 though! Thanks for your interest in my story/stories. Here's the next chapter!

Chapter 6

"Well, what else can we do?" Gavin asked, looking over at the Scholastic office just a short distance away. "I mean, we have six brilliant teenagers on our hands that have to have somewhere to stay for however long it takes to figure out a way to get them home. They can't stay in the conference room forever, and there's a meeting in less than half an hour."

Len frowned, glancing at his watch. Gavin was right. They had a deadline to decide what to do, and it was approaching much quicker than either of them would have liked.

"We could...I don't know...say that they're part of a school tour and lead them out the side door?" he suggested, nodding towards the door that was just inside the office. They would have to cross part of the room to get there, but that side was purely filled with filing cabinets and bulletin boards, not any actual desks. Odds were that no one would even look up if they were sneaky enough (or acted natural enough, since them acting shifty would probably raise all kind of alarm bells in their co-workers' minds), and it seemed like the best way to get the Cahills out unnoticed.

"Okay, that could work, but what about once we get them out of the office?" Gavin pressed on, frown deepening. "Couldn't we just...I don't know...put them in one of the unused offices downstairs until we figure out what to do? We could grab them some food and everything, of course, but at least they'd be safely out of the way until we decide who to tell or whatever."

"Who to tell what?"

Len and Gavin both jumped, startled, and they turned to see Jen B. peering at them curiously from the doorway, holding several files in her hands. The two men resisted the urge to exchange panicked looks.

"Jen! How are you? What are you doing?" Len said entirely too casually, subtly stepping forward to block her path to the conference room. Jen raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm fine, Len, thank you for asking," she said slowly, eyeing the two of them. "I was just on my way to the conference room to start setting up for the meeting."

"No!" Gavin exclaimed, causing Jen to give him an odd look. Len stepped on Gavin's foot. Hard.

Gavin hid a wince, immediately backtracking to cover his mistake. "I mean, what meeting? Did I miss a memo? Do I need to have something prepared?" he said quickly, not needing to fake the rising anxiety in his voice. The strange look that Jen was giving both of them only deepened.

"What are you two hiding?" she asked pointblank, not fooled for a second but highly confused at their antics.

Their first impulse was to deny that anything was wrong, but her expression clearly told them that any claims of innocence would not have any effect. Len and Gavin couldn't help but exchange a look this time, each man panicking as their minds searched frantically for a suitable response. Should they try to divert her attention? Should they try to cancel the meeting? Should they just tell her the truth? What would happen if the secret got out?

A noise from behind them saved the pair from having to answer. Len turned, but his relief instantly changed to dread and he was shoved unceremoniously to the side of the hallway as six blurs darted down the hall past the three admins, through the side door in the office, and out of sight.

Len and Gavin rushed past Jen to stare after them, but the Cahills were long gone. Both men sagged back, shock and panic making them momentarily freeze up. What were they going to do now?

"Was that...the Cahills?" a slightly dazed-sounding voice asked behind them. Len and Gavin glanced back to see Jen staring after the teens with an utterly stunned look on her face.

This day just kept getting better and better.
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

Yes!  Update!  It's always awesome when there's a new installment to one of your fanfics.  Cool new username, by the way.  I always loved Fawkes in the Harry Potter series.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

emeraldanubis36

aka DeviousLord8

I'm so glad to see this story still up and running. Great chapter, and keep posting!
~onor
  • Posted at:

Not every duckling becomes a swan

It's always darkest before the dawn

Even birds can't always take flight

Not every dog's bark is worse than it's bite

Yet to cast a shadow there must be light

Safeguards Co-Leader

How to get tons of stars at /94579

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

Please update soon.  It's so nice to be able to read something during the torturous intervals between book releases.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

sapphireangel367

This is a really good story...please keep writing !!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
  • Posted at:

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Hey Cahills - been a while, hasn't it? Sorry about that. Like I said, my stories have not been abandoned, despite how long it's been between updates. If anyone's still interested in reading, enjoy! (And by the way, I'm planning to update some of my other stories soon too )

Chapter 7

Getting through the office building was laughably easy. Not bothering to waste time with the elevator, the six Cahills raced down the stairwell, passing several suprised Scholastic employees on their way down to the ground floor.

"Should we split up right away? I mean, these authors are probably spread out across the whole country," Hamilton asked, not even winded as they neared the bottom floor. Amy furrowed her brow, taking a flight of steps to think about it. She didn't want them to start breaking up into smaller groups in this familiar, yet strange world. They were literally all each other had right now, and as curious as she was to find out what the mysterious authors might know, Amy didn't want to let the others out of her sight just yet.

"Let's find somewhere to hide out for a bit. We can find out exactly where to find the authors, how close they are, and whether we should split up to track them down," she said after another set of stairs. "Let's just get out here first. I don't like the fact that those guys knew so much about us, even if they didn't know how we got here."

"Agreed," Sinead said. The boys just nodded, just as eager to get out of this weird place as she was. They were out of their element here, something none of the Cahills felt comfortable with, but the idea of actually having a plan and doing something constructive while Sinead found them a way home was reassuring.

Less than a minute later, they had reached the ground level. Dan, who was in the front, opened the door and ran out into the lobby - only to collide head-first with someone going in the opposite direction.

"Oof!"

"Ow!"

With slightly muffled cries, the two of them went down. The book in Dan's hand and the bag in the woman's went flying (though thankfully there was no one else in the immediate vicinity for them to hit) as the pair landed with painful-sounding thumps on the hard tile floor.

Amy, Sinead, Jonah, Ian and Hamilton skidded to a halt as Dan and the woman groaned, both rubbing their heads as they pushed themselves slowly up off the ground. "Dan! Are you okay?" Amy exclaimed, rushing to her brother's side as Sinead went to the woman. Dan closed his eyes and took a deep breath, shaking his head once to clear it before opening them again.

"Mmm, what smells so good?" were the first words out of his mouth. Ian snorted as Dan inhaled sharply again, his eyes falling on the woman's fallen bag eagerly.

"He's fine," the British teen drawled as Amy sat back on her heels, looking more and more annoyed as her concern for him was appeased.

"We're so sorry about that. He can be a bit excitable and he doesn't look where he's going," Sinead apologized to the woman, ignoring the way Amy elbowed Dan as the latter opened his mouth to protest. Jen T. just waved her hand with a shake of her head.

"Oh no, it's okay, accidents happen," she said, accepting Sinead's hand as the teen helped her to her feet. Amy did the same for Dan, albeit with a heavy eye-roll. "Here, let me just grab-" Jen T. began, bending back over to pick up her bag and the book before abruptly halting half-way up, staring at the cover in her hand.

"Wait a minute...isn't this from the set in the 39 Clues office?" she asked suspiciously, recognizing the small label on one corner of The Maze of Bones. "What are you-"

Her voice faded as she looked up at the teens and faltered, really looking at them for the first time. Anyone else would have passed off the seemingly random group as just another gang of teenagers, but after working in the 39 Clues department for as long as she had, Jen T. would recognize those jade-green eyes, that joking manner, that posh British accent, that strong physique, that clear swagger, and that obvious sharp-eyed intelligence anywhere. By themselves, the attributes were fairly unremarkable, but when all six were gathered in one place with that particular book it was unmistakeable.

It was impossible, but Jen T. couldn't help but remember what one of the girls had said a moment earlier.

"Did you just call him Dan?"
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3