Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

Branch: Lucian

Emily, I know this is weird asking right now, but would you mind doing the story with me? We could plan it out. . .

Prologue: The Agent
2 Years before

“I'll never forget you,” Ian Kabra vowed, staring at the stars. They shimmered in the night sky, painfully reminding him of the one he was talking to. She, of course, was dead, but he vowed anyways.
 The stars seemed to dance in the sky, following some unheard song. His eyes blurred, as he thought one last time of her.
She'd been the only light during the Vespers, for him. They'd met on a night like this, the stars bright, a full moon, the sunset fading behind the trees. . .
He turned and walked away, for the final time, away from her death. Though he'd always remember her, her death was still raw.
He vowed never to speak of her again.

When Ian got back to Attleboro an hour later, he crossed the threshold and walked past Nellie and Amy.
“Ian?” Amy asked, startled. He brushed past her, without saying a word. At this point, what could he say without bringing her up? Ian winced. He'd just brought her up.
“Leave him, Amy,” Nellie said softly. “He's busy.”
Ian crossed the hall, ran up the stairs, and walked to his room.
Pictures of her were scattered around the room. His laptop had drifting pictures of her. A treasure of hers, a golden locket with a ruby, laid across the desk.
He gathered everything of hers up -- the locket, pictures, her stuff -- and put them in a box. Then he marked it with Do Not Open Anytime.
He flipped open his phone, dialing Jonah Wizard.
“Yo, man, what up?” Came Jonah's sassy voice.
“Listen, Jonah. Can you do a favor for me?” Ian asked quietly.
“What is it?”
“I need you to deliver a package to the Madrigal stronghold in Kremlin, Russia, on your private jet.”
“What's the package?” Jonah questioned curiously.
“Nothing!” Ian snapped. Regaining his composure, he simply said “Nothing you need know of.”
“Wow, bro, calm down!” Jonah insisted.
Then Ian noticed something he'd missed: an iPod touch. Her iPod touch. He walked over, about to pick it up, when he noticed the trap around it. He could almost hear her voice: I knew you'd try to get rid of my stuff once I'm gone, Ian. So I made it where something would keep me alive here. Keep it, save it, for me. . .
“Ian?” Jonah asked.
“I'll meet you at the Attleboro Airport,” Ian murmured. His gaze was locked on the iPod. He hung up, and bent closer to the trap.
Knowing her, it was deceptively easy.
Hide it in plain sight, and most think it's a trap, she often would say.
Ian cautiously tapped the desk next to the iPod, and sure enough, the electricity running over it disappeared.
He was about to place it in the box, but something made him look up.
A shadow disappeared along his window.
He looked back at the iPod, and clicked 'Music'. Several playlists appeared. It must've been left like this, when he last saw her, listening to music and texting her best friend, who was also Ian's cousin, Emily.
And then she'd been called away on the fatal mission seconds later. . . He could still remember her last words: “When this mission is done, the Vespers have been dealt with and it calms down, maybe we can roam the world for fun. I'd love to show you my homeland. The Clue Hunt didn't give you much time to tour it. There's so much we haven't done, and who knows when the time we have together ends? Life is unpredictable, but no matter what, we have to move on, and if necessary, forget everything and everyone that happened. Remember, Ian, nothing in this life is predictable or steady. Carry on, and maybe something wonderful will happen. I promise I'll come back, Ian. Don't worry about me.” She'd smiled. “I know how to deal with life.” Cruel last words for someone dead.
He was angry at Amy for making her go on the mission. If Amy hadn't insisted, if the Vespers hadn't risen, she would still be here, laughing and dancing to some crazy music. Like Nellie.
His eyes landed on a picture sticking out of the box. It took him back to when he and her had gone to London for fun. . .

“Ian, look at this!” She been so excited to see the Tower of London and the Crown Jewels. Of course, he'd already seen it all, growing up here.
But he'd just smiled and said, “Well, let's go, Love.” He'd do anything for her, and she anything for him.
She'd gazed with wonder at St. Paul's Cathedral and explored the British Museum with reverence.
But her favorite place of all in London was the London Eye. The times they spent up there were more then all the others combined. She loved heights and the view from there was amazing. They'd never gotten the chance to go to Paris, however. She'd been called away, and he'd been asked to come to Command again. They'd been planning to go off again, until the mission killed her.

“Ian?” Amy asked, shaking Ian  from the memory.
“What?” He snapped, turning away.
“Look, I know Nat's death hurt you, but she agreed to go on that mission,” Amy said softly.
“Don't speak of her like that!” Ian whirled around furiously. “And don't call her 'Nat'! You killed her! You knew that mission was nearly certain to kill her!” He hissed.
Amy made no move to contradict him. His words had a ring of truth to them. It was true, yes, that she'd known that the mission would be fatal to almost anyone, but that's why she specifically chosen Natalia for it: Natalia was one of the best agents Amy'd ever seen. If anyone could defeat the mission, Natalia was definitely one of their number. So it’d come as a terrifying, horrifying shock when Cahills reported her dead. They'd been on her trail, just to make sure nothing happened, and they claimed they'd seen her die.
Of course, being a Honorary Madrigal, she’d completed the mission, but then something'd happened. From what the spies said, a Vesper had trailed her, knocked her out from behind, dragged her into a dark alley, and all the spies knew was that a shot had rang out. She'd never reappeared.
“Look, Ian, I'm sorry,” Amy said. It was all she could say.
“You wanted her to die!” He hissed, eyes narrowed.
“No, I didn't,” Amy protested.
“Amy, he’ll understand one day. It's the pain that's causing him to lash out,” Nellie’s voice said.
“Ian, what happened happened. I didn't do anything. What could I do?” Amy pointed out.
Ian's eyes narrowed even more, the way only a Kabra can do. It was a big sign that told everyone that no matter who it was, he'd kill them if they didn't tread carefully.
Ian wanted so bad to reject them all. What had his family done? Amy had the nerve to ask that? His mother for god's sake had shot her own daughter! Then killed her, and now Amy’d killed his girlfriend.
Amy slowly backed out, seeing Ian’s rage. She knew this wouldn’t be a good time to try and comfort him. Who knew, with a Kabra?

After Amy closed the door, Ian resumed examining the iPod.
He scrolled through Nat's playlists. One group folder titled ‘Ian Kabra’ caught his eye. He clicked on it, picked ‘Meeting Ian’ and pressed play on the first song.*
“You, you got me
Thinking it'll be alright.
You, you told me,
"Come and take a look inside."
You believed me,
In every single lie.
But I, I failed you this time.

And it feels like tonight.
I can't believe I'm broken inside.
Can't you see that there's nothing that I wanna do,
But try to make it up to you?
And it feels like tonight,
Tonight.

I was waiting
For the day you'd come around.
I was chasing,
And nothing was all I found.
From the moment you came into my life,
You showed me what's right.

I never felt like this before.
Just when I leave,
I'm back for more.
Nothing else here seems to matter.
In these ever-changing days,
You're the one thing that remains.
I could stay like this forever.

Tonight.
Tonight.
'Cause there's nothing that I wanna do,
But try to make it up to you.
Tonight.”
Ian's eyes blurred again. It was almost like having her with him again.
The next song started playing.
“What am I fighting, afraid of losing. . . It's like I'm not in control. I'm watching myself, I'll die thinking you won't be around. You know you got my heart on lock, and even if I were to run, I can't go. . . Go oh; I don't want to go oh. . .”
The final song started.
“. . . I woke up with the sun, thought of all of the people, places and things I’ve loved. . . . . .
If I lose myself tonight,
It’ll be by your side.
I lose myself tonight... (oh) yeah, yeah, yeah.
If I lose myself tonight,
It’ll be you and I.
Lose myself tonight...
Take us down and we keep trying,
Forty thousand feet, keep flying. . .”
Ian realized just how important he'd been to her. He'd loved her with all his heart and the feeling had been mutual. The next playlist, which was titled 'Ian', began.
“If time could turn into today and we left too many things to say, if we could turn it back, what would we want to change? Now's the time to take a chance. C'mon, we got to make a stand. What have we gotta lose? The choice is in our hands. And we can find a way to do anything if we try to... Love like it's all that we know (the only chance that we ever found)Believe in what we feel inside, believe and it will never die. Don't ever let this life pass us by. Live like there's no tomorrow. Be here by my side. . . ”
Somehow she'd known she was going to die, Ian realized. Otherwise she wouldn't have left this protected or divided her things among Amy and I. When she said she was coming back, she knew she really wasn't.
Kabras don't mourn others. Unbidden, Isabel's voice revoked him.
Get out of my head! Ian thought furiously. He wouldn’t’ve been surprised if it had been on Isabel’s orders that Nat was killed. The last time he'd seen Isabel, she was worried what Nat could do.
Ian looked up again.
The shadow from before slipped away again.

Ok, so anyone who wants to be in the story, fill out this form:
Name:
Skills:
Looks:
If you know she's alive or not:
Government or branch position (in the story):
Personality:
Trademarks:
Thanks, and hope you liked it!! There's going to be Prologue, Part 2 soon.
*The songs in the story is as follows, in order, with the artists.
Tonight - Daughtry
Can't Breathe - Leona Lewis
If I Lose Myself - OneRepublic
Live Like There's No Tomorrow - Selena Gomez & The Scene
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

N y l a   MBer since 2012 

"Oh, we're all just searching, not knowin' where we're going.

And it makes us nervous, so we try to find a way out.

We're still v a g a b o n d s."

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

Sure! Sounds fun..
  • Posted at:

//the secret to lying//is to never ever//let anyone call your//bluff//

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

I guess I should do a form too.... If it doesn't fit, whatever, I'll redo it :) Or just go with the flow

Name: Emily Kabra(yes, I know I'm already in it)
Branch(s): Lucian, honorary Madrigal
Skills: Lucian skills, art of any kind, martial arts, intimidating people, getting what she wants, masquerading as other branches, despising Rosenblooms and Tollivers(if in this), disliking Amy for sending Natalia on the mission, loving music
Looks: Tall, slender, amber-gold eyes, jet black hair, olive skin, intimidating, graceful-strong, fashionable
If you know she's alive or not: Umm... We can discuss this later, Nyla
Government or branch position (in the story): Co-leader with Ian?
Personality: Loyal, sarcastic, cold and cruel to those she dislikes or strangers, leader, kind to those she's closest to, cutting, Lucian, perfect at lying, ruthless when she wants to be
Trademarks: Um.... What is this? 

• Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

I love your story!!!! And I would love to have a character in the story.
Name: Samantha Page (Fake Name. FYI:I'm Julia)
Branchs:Lucian and Madrigal
Skills: Hacking Poisons, Writing, Singing, Martial Arts
Looks: Curly Brown shoulder length hair, bright blue eyes.
I know she's alive.
Branch position: Agent in both branchs
Personality: The Dective. 
Serious, quiet, with loner tendencies. Enjoys solitude and tends to sit back and observe. Private, rarely talks about their feelings.A planner. Well-organized and hard-working. Works steadily towards identified goals. Focused, with well-developed powers of concentration. Will usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it. A perfectionist. Clean, thorough, detail-oriented. Avoids mistakes. Logical and analytical.Interested in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments.Dutiful, always follows the rules. Punctual. Finishes tasks. Responsible and dependable. Prepares for worst case scenarios, cautious. Interested in security and a peaceful life. 
Trademark: Glasses. Her vision stinks! 

• Posted at:

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

Nyla, do you want me to co write it with you or what???
  • Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

Chapter 1: The Kremlin Assassin
Nyla's POV

I glance at the man, pretending to be confused. “Chto Vy ishchete?” I inquire, though I can understand him perfectly.
Russian,” he says to his companion.
That explains it,” Hamilton Holt says.
The Cahills are looking for me, still. I just wish I could tell them. . . No.
Ty polnyy idiot, ledi,” Phoenix says in Russian.
I stare at them, then say in English, “I think you meant to say Have a nice day, not You're a complete idiot, lady, no?”
Phoenix looks mortally embarrassed. “How do you say that?” He asks.
Imeyut khoroshiy den',” I reply.
I walk off, shaking my head.
I flip out my phone. “Emily?” I ask.
What?”
I tell her what just happened.
Ok. Yeah. Samantha and I are at the Kremlin.”
Coming.”

Mods, the Russian is as follows. In order.

What are you looking for?

You're a complete idiot, lady.

Have a nice day.

@Emily and Samantha - It's Emily's turn, then Samantha's. Since no one else is reading this, here's an idea. We meet at the Kremlin, (if you don't know what that is, it's the seat of Russian Government power) but an assassin comes. You two are going to continue Chapter 1, then I'll start on Chapter 2.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

@Emily- Duh. When are you gonna start on your POV . . . Oh. I’m a big idiot. I need to introduce you. Ok. Posting soon.

@Samantha- Thanks!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

Ok, continuing.

Emily's POV

I stand in the Kremlin with Samantha, pretending to examine the exhibits of Russian history, but in reality waiting from a call from Nyla Spasky or Ian Kabra, one of my best friends- I wince at the thought of Natalia- and my favorite cousin. Yeah, it's the Russian seat of power. Been there, done that. Being one of the co branch leaders of the Lucian branch, one of the most deadly jobs in the universe, doesn't give me much respect for the Russians.  A vibration starts in my pocket, and I slip my phone out of my black jacket. 
"Emily?" Nyla says on the other side of the line.

"What?"

She explains to me in detail what just happened, including how the other Cahills fail, like fail, at Russian. No wonder we split up.

"Ok. Yeah. We're at the Kremlin." I respond.

"Coming." She states, and hangs up.

I look around, scanning again for anything that might do us harm. Suddenly, I spot something. A dark figure has been walking close to us for the last hour and a half, just watching.  I never thought anything of it, but...

Kabras must remain on alert at all times. The voice of my aunt Isabel enters my head. Both Ian and I are plagued by that, being brought up by her. It gets really sickening, not being able to be a normal person. I remember something in the Maximum Ride series Max's voice once said to her. Being normal would bore you to tears. Yeah, sounds like me, as much as I hate this sometimes. I nudge Samantha, and she gets the message. I take my two daggers and conceal them under my jacket, waiting for the attack.

How was it?

• Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

Samantha's POV 

"Who is it?" I whipsered to Emily who was reaching for two daggers underneath her jacket.     
   "I don't know. But whoever it is they're watching us," she whispered back.
I can already feel myself reach for my knife in my back pocket until I see a figure in the shadow. The figure is wearing a black-clad outfight which looks terribley odd in his surronding.
   "Oh, I know alright."
I start marching toward the figure. He of all people should be ashamed. They had no idea what kind of pain they were putting Ian in.
  "Sammy, where are you going?" Emily asked in alarm.
I ingnored the question and kept walking. 
________________________________________________________________________________

When I reached the man, he smiled.
  "Привет, как дела?"
   "Я в порядке, Fiske.
Просто прекраснo." 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Translations
 ÐŸÑ€Ð¸Ð²ÐµÑ‚, как дела~How are you?

Я в порядке, Fiske.Просто прекраснo.~ I'm fine. Just fine.

• Posted at:

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

How was it? HOW WAS IT?! AMAZING!!!
Sorry. Got excited. But I loved it!! If Sam doesn't post soon, I'll continue. Aaannnddd, if she doesn't, it'll still be every three posts, so I don't get all the chapter-naming!

Do you believe Natalie Kabra is dead?
Ignore what people say, and think: If you were her, would you be dead?
It made no mention of Natalie's grave in the expert of Nowhere To Run. . .
So what do you think?
Is she really dead? All hope lost for her and Isabel?
Or are the Kabras alive, somewhere. . .
And yet no one knows because we don't bother?

The Kabra Revolution
Join at http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/46546
  • Posted at:

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

Samantha just posted, so your turn, Nyla. Thanks for the compliment. And I just joined the Kabra Revolution. Kind of obligary for me, no? After all, I am a Kabra through and through. The really creepy thing is that I actually look like them. Tall, olive skinned, long jet black hair, etc.
  • Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

Will post tomorrow. . .
  • Posted at:

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

*smiles*
  • Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

Chapter 2: Surprise, We Knew All Along
Nyla's POV

I dart across the stone pavement, and to my horror, I see Samantha talking to the assassin. He followed me earlier, and told me he was sent to kill me.
By whom? He refused to tell.

“Samantha, no!” I yell frantically. Everyone besides the man, Emily Kabra and Samantha look at me like I've gone crazy.
Not so far off the mark. I'm just Cahill.
Emily and I lunge at the man just as he's drawing Samantha away to distract her.
Divide and conquer. The standard plan for any assassin and spy.
I push Samantha away, the moment the man draws a knife and tries to get her.  
“No you don't,” Emily growls and, taking some handcuffs, handcuffs him.
“Where did you get that?” I ask.
“Dan,” she says. Without missing a beat, she picks up her phone and dials the police.
“Huh?” she says confused, when the Russian answers.
“Give that to me,” I sigh.
“Thanks,” Samantha's saying to Emily when I'm done.
Emily's phone rings again.
Privet?” I ask in Russian, forgetting I'm English to most.
“What the – Just bloody who is this?” A very surprised British voice says.
“Ooh, sorry. I meant hello?” I ask, then I realize who the voice is. Ian.
I pale. I haven't seen him in two years, nor heard his voice. I almost forgot how he sounded.
Emily grabs the phone after I place my hand over the speaker and say, “It's Ian.”

Translation:
Sorry, that was my British cousin. She has no idea what our language is. As far as she's concerned, Russians should be British.
Anyways, a man tried to kill me, my cousin, and a friend. Please come at once, or send a KGB.

Who are you to be demanding things of the KGB?

Irina Spasky was my mother. I am Ivanna Ruslanova Spaskaya. Don't make me call on the Mafias of here. They all owe me a favor.

Hello

• Posted at:

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

*yells in Russian*
Ok, sorry Emily. *grumbles*
Mods, I’m trying to be calm. . . Not going to work. THE TRANSLATION WAS RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!! WHY DID YOU TAKE OUT THE RUSSIAN?!?!?! I WORKED SOOOO HARD TO MEMORIZE IT!!!!! 
Ok. *deep breath*
Seriously, why did you??  
  • Posted at:

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

This will be fun to work off of. I'll post after Emily posts.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

SOOOOO GOOD, NYLA!!! I don't know where you're going with this, so... I can redo this later if it fails.

Emily's POV

To my utter surprise, and slight disgust and horror, Samantha starts talking to him in Greek. Great. Now she's gone crazy. I see Nyla running across the sidewalk, with the other Cahills trailing along behind.

"Samantha, no!" She shouts, and I groan internally. Yes, we're in trouble. Of course we want to draw attention to ourselves.

Nyla and I jump in tandom, attacking the man together. Nyla gets Samantha away while I handcuff him with handcuffs in my pocket. "No, you don't."

"Where did you get that?" Nyla queries.

"Dan." In actually, they were plastic until I modified them, but same thing. Whatever. I pull out my phone and dial the police. The man on the other end says something in a language, and I blank out. "Huh?" 

Nyla rolls her eyes, or at least does mentally, says, "Give that to me," and grabs the phone. "
Sorry, that was my British cousin. She has no idea what our language is. As far as she's concerned, Russians should be British. Anyways, a man tried to kill me, my cousin, and a friend. Please come at once, or send a KGB." She says fluently in Russian. Ok, now I'm offended. I do not think Russians should be British. Only those of high status can be British. Oh, great. Now I sound like a socialite freak.

"Irina Spasky was my mother. I am Ivanna Ruslanova Spaskaya. Don't make me call on the Mafias of here. They all owe me a favor." I roll my own eyes. Mafia is not plural. 

"Thanks," Samantha says to me. I incline my head.

My phone rings again, and before I can answer it, Nyla answers.  "Privet?" My Russian, is, admittedly, limited to phrases about Lucian things like police, but I understand Hello.

Nyla pales, and I freeze, watching her expression. She says, "It's Ian." I take the phone from her.

"Ian?" 

On the other end, Ian asks, "Who was that?" Surprisingly, just hearing a British voice, the voice of one of my favorite people on Earth also, relaxs me.

"Nyla Spasky. I'm in Russia, so.."

I can just see Ian's nodding sagely. "Nyla, daughter of Irina? And what exactly are you doing in Russia?"

"Yes, Nyla's Irina's daughter. And I'm taking care of... Cahill business. Why did you call me? I mean, yes, it's great to hear your voice, blah blah, but you usually don't call without a reason."

Ian sighs. "I have my reasons."

"Yes, and you should be telling me them." My own accent increases. I start pacing, and Nyla watches me, gesturing for the other Cahills to join us.

• Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

Samantha's POV

"Why did you call, Ian?"
 Emily asked her Russian accent showing.
"I have my reasons,"Ian replied crptically.
""Yes, and you should be telling me them," Emily replied. She was now pacing and Nyla was gesturing the rest of us to follow her.
Oh dear she's pacing!
It was never a good sign when she started pacing. It meant something was really ticking her off.
"I called you because, I found out that you, Nyla, and Sam have been keeping something from me," he said. 
He couldn't have found out unless William Mcyntye did he job.
"Ian we were going to tell you..." I trail off.
"But we didn't know when," Nyla finished.
"What the heck are you talking about?!?" Hamilon asked obivously very confused.
Ian took a deep breath on the other line.
"The truth is that Natalie isn't really dead."

• Posted at:

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

Chapter 3: Secrets Unveiled
Nyla's POV
(Sam, I'm not sure if you really meant Natalie or Natalia. It's easy to replace the 'a' to 'e'. I'm assuming you meant me. If you didn't, just say so and I'll rewrite my POV)
I freeze, horrified. How did Ian find out?
"And I know she is among you," Ian continues, "admittedly, under a different name, but I think I know who she is."
I panic. It's not time for Ian to see me again.
"There's only one of you who is completely Russian, like Natalia was, and that's Nyla."
"Ian, really? Me? How could I be your long-lost girlfriend?" I laugh, hiding my panic. "You just sorely miss her, and that's understandable, but don't blame m-her for hiding from you. I honestly thought better from what Emily told me."
"But she didn't tell you anything about me," Ian says mysteriously. "You already knew."
"How, exactly?"
"Because you know me." Ian's accusation startles me.
"No, she doesn't," Hamilton interjects.
"Hamilton, you are there to make sure Natalia doesn't come to any harm on the way back home," Ian says coldly, calmly.
"Russia is my home!" I snap angrily. "My mother lived here before the Hunt, and so do I afterwards!"
Then something hits me. Since I lost contact with Ian, one, he's been in pain, and, two, I never realized. I can know sense his grief, and his hoping that he's right.
"Look, Ian," I soften my voice, "if I was Natalia, I would be with you. But she's dead, for good now. There's nothing you or I could do, even if we chose to try."
Oops. That's exactly what Natalia, aka me, would say if she was alive.
"Ha!" Ian says triumphantly. "Only Natalia would say that! Love, I'll see you soon. I'm almost at the Kremlin," he also softens his voice.
I slowly shake my head, half-angry, half-calm.
"Nyla, no!" Emily and Sam say when they see my look.
"Just distract Ian. I need to go," I say. Turning, I race out of the Kremlin to Red Square.
I tap my GPS tracker, and then kneel next to a cat.
I quickly fix the tracker to the cat, who slips away. Now all Cahills will get two signals trying to track me. Soon, five.
I trade a vendor my silver bracelet for a small jar of gummy snakes.
I see a crying boy, and quickly crossing over to him, I ask, "What's wrong, young one?"
"Someone stole my spy gear," he sniffs.
"I have the perfect thing." Smiling, I hand him a small tablet. I show him how it unfolds, and can do several things. He cheers up immediately.
"Thanks!" He says.
"It's better then that stuff the person stole, isn't it?" I ask.
He nods. "Yeah!" Then he hands me a small knife, that was with the gear, and runs off.
I get up and brush myself off. I examine the knife.
Nothing except a small M at the base of the blade. It was probably engraved with his initial. 
I also get rid of my other tracking devices fairly easy, and then I head to the Spasky Manor.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

This will be horrible, so I can redo it. This is probably not what was supposed to happen, but this is what Emily would do.

Emily's POV

I watch as Ian convinces himself- correctly- that Nyla is Natalia. Oh, great. Now he's going to kill me. As Nyla- I don't care if her name is Natalia, I've known her as Nyla for years now, goes to hide her tracking devices, I talk to Ian.

"How could you?" Ian accused me queitly. "How could you keep this from me?"

"Sorry, what? Please." I groan inside. Yes, I'm a natural lier. But someone you lived with for 7 years knows when you're lying.

"Don't lie to me." Ian's voice is steely.

"Ian, I'm sorry. But she asked me to keep it from you. Would you have denied her anything? I couldn't. I couldn't live with myself because I couldn't tell you, because you were in that much pain. But I couldn't tell Nyla that I would just give up her secret. How bad of a friend would that be?" I admit, horrified at myself. I glance over at Nyla, and she nods. It's fine, she mouths as she sets off. I can guess easily where she's going. After all, people tell us we're twins at heart. She's going to Spasky Manor. 

"Ta-ta, Ian." My heart breaks internally to tell him this, to deceive him, but I know that my first loyalties have to be Nyla. I promised her.

I follow Nyla out of Red Square. The others try to follow me, but Sam stops them. She know how important this is. Meanwhile, Nyla turns on me.

"You can't come." She states. "Ian can track you."

I let out a dry laugh. "Please. I learned how to block Ian from the expert, Natalie." I winced. "Anyway, I don't keep anything someone could track on me. Not even the Vespers could find me when I didn't want to be found. And Isabel was in it, Isabel who was my mother for years."

Nyla still shakes her head. "No."

I sigh, and shift into what I called Kabra mode. The unstoppable, determined, arrogant and ruthless girl that lived inside of me. "I'm coming. Now. You will not stop me." I knew that my eyes were dangerous, but voice sweet. People always said, when Emily's sweet, it's more of a crisis then when she's not.

Nyla tries to stare me down, but gives in. "Fine."

I smile grimly and pull out my phone for a final text to Sam before I toss it in the trash. Take care of things. Well. And don't let the others follow us. Give Ian my apologies, and love. I press send and throw in the trash can. Taking my amber necklace, I loop it around a passing car. "I'm good." Nyla nods, and we leave.

• Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

Samantha's POV

Take care of things. Well. And don't let the others follow us. Give Ian my apologies, and love. 
Great, I'm stuck holding back a mob of angry Cahills. But this is important, Natalia and Emily need to loose Ian. I'm expendable.
  "Where are Nyla and Emily going?"Phoenix asked.
  "Quiet, please," I say.  
  "We need to follow them!" Hamilton exclaimed.
  "Quiet, please,"I repeat.  
  " I need to get lunch!" Dan yelled.
  "EVERYONE SHUT UP!!!!" I finally yell.
They all turn and stare at me as do other people in the square.
  "Look,"I sigh,"Nyla and Emily are going to Spasky Manor. We can not follow them and we are not getting lunch!"
  "Why are they going?"Phoenix asked trying to look inoccent.
  "That's classified,"I stated.
I turned around and started marching back to the train station. The others just stare at me.
  "Are you guys coming?"
They quickly sprint after me. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
When I reached the train station I'm welcomed by the sound of moving trains and rushing people. I look through the crowd of people for Ian Kabra.
  "Guys, be on the look out for Ian,"I say to the others. They nod in acknowledgement.
As I say that I bump into a man that looks like he came off a fashion runway.
  "Sorry! Here let me help you pick up your things," I say quickly my face getting hot.
  "It's not a problem,"he replies with a slikly British accent."Sam?"
I look up and see a the face of the person I least want to see.
  "It's nice to see you, Ian."
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry, for the confusion Natalia!                     

• Posted at:

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

Hey Nyla, my stupid computer isn't, for some reason, letting me on my story Amian after DOD, so will you tell everyone I won't be on that for a while?
  • Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

Nm, Nyla. I... kind of fixed it :)
  • Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

Oh, no, I love it!!!
Emily, do you want to post?? I loved your POV!!!

Chapter 4: How Could You?
Nyla's POV

Uh-oh. Not good.
Emily and I have reach the Manor. I quickly hacked into the train station's security feed, and volia, Ian's there.
"Nyla, we need to make a distraction, quickly. Or someone will blurt out our place." Emily warns.
"I know. Let me think," I reply.
Emily's silent, and I can tell she's a bit miffed.
I turn to face her. "What's your idea?"
Before we can do anything, though, Ian asks, "Where's Natalia and Emily?"
"Nowhere," Sam says.
"If you get me a hot dog, I'll tell you," Dan says.
Ian quickly buys Dan one.
"The Spasky Manor," Dan confides, before taking a bite.
"Dan!" Emily and I say loudly, before remembering he can't hear us.
I glance at Emily, and we both know what to do.
Ian apparently chooses to take the shortest way to the manor.
I groan. "Now what?"
"I'll distract him. What's with hiding, anyway?" Emily asks.
"Vespers are tracking me, and they threatened to kill Ian, and in their words, 'Just like Natalie'."
Emily's eyes darken in anger. "I see. Now-"
Then the front door alarm goes off.
Electrcity crackles along the outside handle, and I hear Ian yelling in pain.
"This place is a secure Lucian stronghold, or at least, equipped like one," I say, seeing Emily's look. "No one can get in any rooms without my permission. It also use to be Mom's, but now she's dead, there's two more places." I quickly program Emily into the defenses.

• Posted at:

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

Will post soon... My iPod is acting up.
  • Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

Has Artemis Fowl finally met his match?
Will he survive the rival's evil?

Has Athene Faerie finally realized her mistakes of evil?
Will Artemis show her the light?
And is she finally falling in love?

What happens when Haven City is nearly exposed?
Julius Root is alive again?

Can Artemis and Athene forget their differences and help the People?
Or will they destroy the People?

And will Athene's dark secret destroy her and Artemis's friendship, and maybe love, forever?

Artemis Fowl & Athene Faerie
  • Posted at:

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

Here.....

Posting :)

Emily's POV

As soon as we get out this, I will KILL Dan Cahill. The idiot gave away our location. Of course, I need to take down the Vespers first. No one will kill anyone I love ever again. Not after.... Natalie. Ian tries again to open the door, and I prevent my sigh. Honestly. 

"Nyla, you need to escape. Keep in touch with me with this." I throw a ring at Nyla. 

"What about you? And I can't use this, it can be tracked." Nyla is looking for an exit.

"No, it can't. Cutting edge Lucian technology invented by yours truly and tested at least a million times. I'll hear and see what's going on when I 'tap in,' so you and I can talk to each other, or just inform the others on what's happening." I watch Ian try again, and curse. I'm almost tempted to go out there and say, "Language!"

Nyla smiles sadly as she disappears down a exit. I inhale slowly and walk to the front door. I give Nyla 5 minutes, then fling the door open. "Oh, hello, Ian."

Ian shoves past me, then spins around. "Where is she?"

I shrug. I literally don't know, so there's no harm in saying it. "I really don't know.

I guess Ian can see the truth in my eyes, so he goes storming throughout the house-well, until he comes to the next door and it shocks him too. "How come you can touch the doors and I can't?" he grumbles.

"I'm programmed into the defenses. You're not." I remark. I see the other Cahills coming, and I groan. "Alright, Ian, if I had any idea of where Nyla was right now, I would tell you. I promise. Now can we get out of here before the other Cahills defile Irina's memory?"

Ian sighs. "Fine." He stalks out of the house, and I followed him.

"Did you find her?" Dan asked. I went up to him, ignoring the question, and slapped him.

Ok, that was harsh, but seriously, he deserved it... In the story. 
  • Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

Natalia, do you want me to post or do you want me to wait for Emily?
  • Posted at:

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

Love it Emily!!
Sam, now you can post.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

I just posted...
  • Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

Samantha's POV 

"The Spasky Manor," Dan confides, before taking a bite. 

Dan is so dead! He of all people should understand that Nyla and Emily needed to be alone. I probably should have bought him lunch.

"No, Nyla and Emily aren't at the manor. Ian, they're at the restroom,"I interjected a little to quickly. I swore under my breath. Ian Kabra is a human lie detector. If my rushing word weren't noticable, he would see me playing with my shirt hem and biting my lower lip.

He came dangerously close to me. So close it looked like we were kissing.

"Are they kissing?"Hamilton whispered to Dan.
"I donf knof,"he replied his mouth still full of hotdog.

"Sam, take me to Spasky Manor. Please, I need to know,"Ian whispered in my ear.
"Ian, I can't. They wouldn't let me,"I reply. I silently hope that Ian understood.
"If you can't take me to Spasky Manor, I'll go my self."

He takes off across the train station, sending me and the other Cahills sprinting after him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we got to Spasky Manor I can hear Emily on the comns unit trying to throw Ian off.

"Oh, hello, Ian," Emily said trying to be calm.
"Where is she?"he asked ignoring her greeting.

Emily shurged. She had no idea where Nyla went off to.
Ian then goes on a rampage complaining that he can't touch the doors and Emily can. They both went outside to meet us.

"Did you find her?" Dan asked, but Emily ignored that question and slapped him in the face.
"Emily, I'm sorry. It's all my fault,"I say noticing the other Cahills gasping and whispering.
"It's not your fault,"she replied. "It's this idiot's fault!"

Emily then went off on a rampage leaving Dan hiding behind Hamilton for the remaining time outside.

"Emily, where's Natalia?"I ask confirming that Nyla was indeed Natalia.
"I don't know,"Emily replied.

I was about to say someting about Nyla, until Ian interupted me.

"Then find her!" Ian yelled.
"Don't worry, loverboy. Don't get polo in a twist,"Emily said smirking.               

• Posted at:

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

That was amazing, Sam!!! Nyla, post soon :)
  • Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

Oh, thanks for putting 'Kabra Revolutionary' in your sig, Julia!

Chapter 5: The Final Truth
Nyla's POV

Then find her!” Ian yells.
“Don’t worry, lover boy.” I’m sure Emily is smirking right now.
I crack up. Emily knows how to deal with Ian, all right.
I run up a staircase, thankful I’ve Sam and Emily to cover my back.
“Find her!” Ian orders the other Cahills, giving them a Kabra glare. They spread out.
How can I see this? By my phone, and I can hear the others.
“Laser trap,” I tell myself.
The lasers start crisscrossing irregularly, making it impossible to cross without getting caught. There’s no pattern to the times they fly. And they can come from literally anywhere.
This is just a simple trap, actually. The complicated ones are more... messy, just in nice terms.
Then my phone flickers out. Strange.
I tap it several times. Nothing.
“I see someone!” Reagan Holt yells, too close for my liking.
“Really?” Sam shouts back. “This house is supposedly haunted. I think you’re seeing a default trap.”
“Awesome!” I hear Dan cry. “Ghosts!”
“No, traps!” Emily corrects.
I smother a laugh. Nothing here is haunted, but Dan would just find that annoying.
“Same old,” I mutter.
I dash recklessly across the third floor, leaving the lasers behind and fully functional, stopping in a hidden hallway.
“Nyla,” someone says. I turn and instantly aim a dart gun.
It’s only Emily.
“Emily, there’s a back way out,” I say. “If you can get the Cahills arguing, Sam, you and I can disappear.”
“Making Cahills disagree is my talent,” Emily grins and runs back to the second floor.
“Well, following my cousin paid off,” Ian says, appearing in a black doorframe.
“Look, Ian, I can explain later. I need to go,” I say and turn to run.
Ian moves in front of me. “No, I don’t think so. You lied to me, Natalia. Why? I thought you loved me.”
“Ian, I am not Natalia.” I steadfastly refuse to admit it.
“Really? There’s one way to find out, not asking your best friend Cheyenne,” Ian says quietly, smiling slightly.
I flare with rage. “One more time, Kabra, and Cahill leader or not, I will kill you.”
I pin Ian up against the wall, holding a knife to his throat.
Despite the knife, Ian finally smiles openly. “Only Natalia would react to that.”
Still angry, I remove my knife but don’t release Ian. “Look, stay back, Ian. I do love you, and yes, I am Natalia, but I need space.”
“You lied, ignored, nearly killed, and broke my heart,” Ian points out. “What kind of girlfriend would do that?”
“One who is trying to keep you alive!” I snap, stepping back. I turn and run down the hall, breaking out of Ian’s weak grasp, and lock myself in the Central Circle, which is a circular room lined with desks, like a space station, and commands. The circle controls the manor. So whoever controls the circle controls the manor.

Technically speaking. In reality, I control the manor. I’ve controls all over, but this is the only place in the manor where it has all controls in one place.

Access denied,” a mechanical voice informs me, when I try to get to the secret room.
What? That isn
t right.
I press my hand to the scanner again.
Access denied.”
I thought youd do that,” Ian says.
How in the world–” I ask, amazed, angry, and stunned.
Im a Kabra,” he replies. “I can do that.”

I become angry again. “Ian, you’re being selfish right now. I could be saving lives, but you want me to yourself.”
I haven’t seen you in two years,” he says coldly. “How do you think I feel upon knowing you’re alive, but hiding from me?”
I know exactly how you feel, but the Vespers are after me.”
So?”
So the last girl that let a Vesper know she knew I was alive and we were best friends was found dead,” I say. “I-” I stop suddenly, calming down. “I don’t want you dead too.”
  • Posted at:

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

Emily's POV 

"I don't know." I reply to Sam's question.
“Don’t worry, lover boy.” I smirked. 
"Find her." Ian commanded, and gave a Kabra glare. Oh, no, he didn't. I shot my own glare at him.
I tap into Nyla's ring, and watch her set up a trap.
"I see someone!" Reagan shouted, and I resisted cursing. Too close.
"Really? This house is supposedly haunted. I think you're seeing a default trap." Sam responds, and I sigh. Human lie detector at your service.
"Awesome! Ghosts!" Daniel cries, and I resist slapping him.
"No, traps." I enunciated.
I creep down the hallway, then paused. A shadow froze. I almost swore aloud, but then restrained myself. Nothing. Right?
"Nyla." I hissed under my breath. She whirled around and aimed a dart gun at me, then put it down.
"Emily, there's a backway out. If you can get the Cahills arguing, Sam, you, and I can disappear."
I grinned, but nervously. I was sure there was someone behind me. "Making Cahills disagree is my talent." I spun around and ran out the door, but paused when I got to the other Cahills. I watched as Ian appeared- I am such an idiot sometimes- and confront Nyla. She pins him on the wall then goes into the Central Circle. Nyla's denied access by her system, and I hear Ian say, "I'm a Kabra. I can do that."
I smiled. Pulling out my bracelet, I fiddled with the links, controlling the system. The words Access Always and Only Permitted to Nyla Spasky, also known as Natalia flashed across the screen. Done. The argument flashes across my eyes, and I wince as she mentions her last best friend-one of mine too.
"You better try the room again, Nyla," I muttered, "Because I am so not doing that again."
As I waited, I stalked up to the Cahills and announced, "All of you stop. Now. Or else." I stood, back erect, and stared them all down. "Go to the hotel and wait there. If you don't.... Well, don't forget that I am related to Isabel. I can be as ruthless as she is."
The others backed away, and Dan sped away. Sam and I glanced at each other, then sprinted into the mansion.   

• Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

Emily's POV 

"I don't know." I reply to Sam's question.
“Don’t worry, lover boy.” I smirked. 
"Find her." Ian commanded, and gave a Kabra glare. Oh, no, he didn't. I shot my own glare at him.
I tap into Nyla's ring, and watch her set up a trap.
"I see someone!" Reagan shouted, and I resisted cursing. Too close.
"Really? This house is supposedly haunted. I think you're seeing a default trap." Sam responds, and I sigh. Human lie detector at your service.
"Awesome! Ghosts!" Daniel cries, and I resist slapping him.
"No, traps." I enunciated.
I creep down the hallway, then paused. A shadow froze. I almost swore aloud, but then restrained myself. Nothing. Right?
"Nyla." I hissed under my breath. She whirled around and aimed a dart gun at me, then put it down.
"Emily, there's a backway out. If you can get the Cahills arguing, Sam, you, and I can disappear."
I grinned, but nervously. I was sure there was someone behind me. "Making Cahills disagree is my talent." I spun around and ran out the door, but paused when I got to the other Cahills. I watched as Ian appeared- I am such an idiot sometimes- and confront Nyla. She pins him on the wall then goes into the Central Circle. Nyla's denied access by her system, and I hear Ian say, "I'm a Kabra. I can do that."
I smiled. Pulling out my bracelet, I fiddled with the links, controlling the system. The words Access Always and Only Permitted to Nyla Spasky, also known as Natalia flashed across the screen. Done. The argument flashes across my eyes, and I wince as she mentions her last best friend-one of mine too.
"You better try the room again, Nyla," I muttered, "Because I am so not doing that again."
As I waited, I stalked up to the Cahills and announced, "All of you stop. Now. Or else." I stood, back erect, and stared them all down. "Go to the hotel and wait there. If you don't.... Well, don't forget that I am related to Isabel. I can be as ruthless as she is."
The others backed away, and Dan sped away. Sam and I glanced at each other, then sprinted into the mansion.   

• Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

bashfulbookish6

aka BashfulBeliever2

Samantha's POV

I cringed as Nyla mentioned her other best friend. I only met her a few times, but every time she always was laughing, smiling, and she was always so nice to me even though I barely knew her.

After Emily commanded the Cahills to go to the hotel and wait there and reminded them if they didn't do so that she was related to Isabel and probably equaly ruthless. And trust me she was, I learned that after trying to prank her in the middle of the night.

"What do you think happening with Nyla and Ian?" I asked Emily as we sprited through the mansion.
"I be she's trying to reason with Ian, trying to tell him that she doesn't want to see him dead,"Emily replied.
"Ian's probably trying to offer her protection. It's sweet but........."I trailed off.
"They are the Vespers. They would evetnually find out that Ian's protecting her and they would find a way in. It's better if she's away from Ian. You remeber what happened to Lucy,"Emily stated.

I winced again, Lucy was an awesome friend. Lucy had offered Nyla protection she accepted. The Vespers found out and cornered them. Lucy told Nyla to run, to save herself. Nyla ran and Lucy died. I knew Nyla well enough to know she would never let anything like that to happen again.

"You're right, Emily. Nyla won't let anything like that happen again," I stated. "Wait weren't you supposed to make the Cahills disagree?"
"Oh, right. Don't tell Nyla,"she replied.
"Not a word,"I reply smiling."Now shall we go help Nyla?"             
  • Posted at:

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

Nice Emily. Sam, your turn
  • Posted at:

Front sm

amberspy14

aka JadeAssassin102

I don't know why it posted twice... 
  • Posted at:

//hush//

//confessions are nigh//

Front sm

tidesong9

aka RisingAssassin113

Chapter 6: I Told You
Nyla's POV

"Ian, listen," I try to reason with Ian. "I don't want to see you dead!"
"I could protect you. I'm the Lucian Leader, along with Nat-" he stops.
"I know. My friend Lucy, the one that died, had the American and Russian governments behind her, and even with all the power, she still died."
"We're Lucians! Nothing can defeat us."
I look at him sharply. Has Isabel really let him believe that?
"Your mother was a liar," I say.
"I know she was, but listen to me. Don't stay here. I can protect you."
"Like you think you can. Remember, Isabel was a Vesper. She probably told you all sorts of lies to break the defenses slowly. As Lucian Leader, she would've been able to do that." I remind him.
Ian just shakes his head. "I don't care."
"You don't care if you lived or die? Because you would certainly die if you tried to protect me. I'm their target, and anyone in the way will be disposed of."
"Two things. Why do they hate you that bad? And aren't my cousin and Samantha in danger then?"
"Who says they hate me?" I smile sadly. "I'm either useful to them, or dangerous. Emily and Samantha have everything to do with this. The Vespers seem to think the same of them. They're eager to exploit our talents before anyone else realizes them."
"But Emily and Samantha never disappeared."
"Exactly. So the Vespers figured they weren't that smart after all, and decided to come after me alone."
"But how did you escape that night?"
I get confused. "What night?"
"The night you supposedly died."
"I just dodged the bullet, and knocked the Vesper unconscious. What did you think, it was going to be an elaborate scheme?" I raise an eyebrow. 
"Well, yes," Ian admits.
"Ian, you can't protect her," Emily says.
Ian shakes his head slightly. "Maybe not, after what Natalia's told me, but maybe I can help you."
I see Samantha and Emily exchanging surprised glances. They apparently didn't expect Ian to agree.
"Come on," I gesture to everyone. "If Ian's to help us, we need to make up a story for the other Cahills."
"Why can't they know?" Ian questions.
Now Emily and Samantha raise their eyebrows.
"You really think we'd be safer with the lot of them?" Samantha asks.
"With them arguing?" I add.
I see Samantha's quickly-hid smirk at Emily. I mentally roll my eyes. If Emily forgot, highly unlikely, she's so dead. Emily glares at me, and I know she sensed the mental rolling-of-eyes.
"Let's go," I say.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

redsad3

aka DecodingAzure15

Name: Jessica Holt (I am hamiltons couson)
Branch(s): 1/4 Lucian 1/4 Madrigal 1/2 Thomas
Skills: Spying, Hacking, marshal arts, shooting guns, archery, gymnastiscs
Looks: long black hair, blue eyes, tall, nachiral looking make-up
If you know she's alive or not: I know shes alive
Government or branch position (in the story): Thomas branch leader
Personality: Serouse but can be funny, not the socile type but gets alonge well with others
Trademarks: she always has this Lucian glare in her eye before she fights
Other: She only knows about the Thomas part of her blood intell Amy tells her

GREAT story so far.
  • Posted at:

Jess

GOODBYE EVERONE! I am no longer apart of this AWESOME Message Bord! :(

1 ,