Front sm

elfbulldog81

Branch: Lucian

(credit for the original Bilbo speech goes to J.R.R. Tolkien in the Fellowship of the Ring, Chapter 1. Everything that you recognize is by him, so all the credit goes to him.)

'They could all see her standing, one hand beckoning the lurkers while the other held on tightly to a large wad of photos in her pocket. A strange group of people and creatures stood behind her, possibly numbering more than a hundred. They weren't intimidating, however, they seemed almost... sad, and a few of them had bittersweet smiles on their faces.  

"My dear Lucians and Januses!" she began again, "And my dear Ekaterinas and Tomases and Madrigals and Newcomers and Oldies and Active MBers and Non-Active MBers, RPers, Theorists, Clue-Hunters, Writers. Also, my good Fellow Fans that I welcome back at last to one of my nerd threads! Today is my farewell day! I say goodbye today! I hope you had all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did!" 

Shouts of "Yes!" nearly deafened the speaker and conversations broke out about the wonderful memories they had made on the MB. But Elf wasn't finished quite yet.

"I shall not keep you long!" she assured them, as they probably had more archiving to do, "I have called you all here for a purpose!"

A somber silence reigned over the crowd. 

"Indeed, for TWO purposes! First of all, to tell you that I am immensely fond of you all and that four years, one month, and ten days is far too short a time to live amongst such excellent and admirable MBers. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, but I like more than half of you half as well as I should." 

Crooked smiles appeared over the faces of the those who quickly deciphered the meaning of the last sentence, while the newcomers wondered how much of a nerd this MBer was to drag them through another fandom's speech while this fandom's MB was dying. 

"Secondly and finally, I wish to make an announcement."

The oldies sighed sadly as they new how it was the speech was to end while the newcomers shared quizzical looks with each other. 

"I regret to announce that -though, as I said before, four years, one month, and ten days is far too short a time to spend among you- this is the end. I am going. I am leaving. So I say to you: See you later, alligators!" 

She sat down and everything vanished, leaving a group of people in a much more empty thread facing the MBer who had brought them all to this thread.'

.     .     .

*takes a deep breath* *cracks a smile* Well, that certainly took a long time to say, didn't it?

*thoughtfully looks out a window* Y'know, I never thought it would end like this, with the MB getting taken down as we all scramble around, archiving all that we could and saying tearful goodbyes to our friends here. I thought it would end with me slowly fading out of the MB's existence with my person in the forgetten trenches of the Oldie's memories and as an old whispered legend that Newcomers would brush off before cheerfully making their MB's generation just that- theirs.

*chuckles and turns back to face y'all* Things don't always go to plan, though, does it? *sighs contentedly* But we had ourselves a nice, long run, didn't we? We made friends, we told stories, we laughed and we cried and we ran ourselves ragged and rebelled and warred. *nods head, as if making up my mind about something* But overall, it was good. 

*gets up slowly and hauls a bag over shoulder* But all good things must come to an end, ay? *grins one last time* And this thing was the greatest. 

Elf, Over and Out.

FINAL STATS (& More):

Friends - 471 (according to "Friending")

Stars - 4688 (that's... a lot. O.O Thanks, guys! :D)

MBs Frequented - 2 (visited another... 3)

Gang Members - 112 (give or take a few)

Full Name - Elf "Ranger" "Elf the Earmuff" "Potato" Saryn-Hope-Loridell-Fortis-Elementorial-Avery

Titles - Queen of Hashtags, Countess of Stars, Guard of Awkward Moments

MB Twin - Elfie

Generation - (SA Only) 2nd Gen [Elder]

Fav #s - #methosismylawyer #ultimatetomato #bakerstreetboys

Other Accounts - ElfWarrior49

Finished RPs - 3 or 4 (I think. At least 2)

Time since Starting - 39CMB: 4 years, 1 month, 10 days SAMB: 4 years, 4 months, 3 days

Thanks - A lot; to all of you

"Everything's got to end sometime, otherwise nothing would ever get started."

-The Eleventh (11th) Doctor, Doctor Who

"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good on, eh?"

-The Eleventh (11th) Doctor, Doctor Who

Thanks for having me! Have a nice life! And see you later, alligator! ;)

(Mods, please, please, PLEASE let this go through!!!)

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ELF

"But I don't regret,

Nor will I forget all who took the road with me.

To these memories I will hold

With your blessing I will go.

I bid you all a very fond farewell."

-Billy Boyd

Front sm

twilightsparkly139

Branch: Janus

Ahhh! Quoting Doctor who! Yes! ... oh, but Goodbye, Elf. In a while, Crocodile. 

• Posted at:

Amber. I am Amberdolphin1210! I am now a Janus!

Check out the other me's RPs!

Front sm

analyzingacrobatics725

aka DragonDragon804

Branch: Ekaterina

Gotta tear in my eye.

• Posted at:

ONE OF THE REMAINING MEMBERS OF THE UNOFFICIALLY DISBANDED WRITE OWLS

Just an asexual boi

I actually write and roleplay quite a lot.

emmanuel-pacings 

Front sm

ghostmorning7

Bye Elf :( I wish you all the best. 

~Hope Forever~ Andrea

• Posted at:

~Hope Forever~ Andrea   

Goodbyes are only sad if you know you'll never say hello again

I guess this one is sad

So I'll bid you goodbye for the last time

And say thank you for the memories

Know that I'll miss you tomorrow and ever day after

Front sm

creativescarlet16

Goodbye, Elf "Ranger" "Elf the Earmuff" "Potato" Saryn-Hope-Loridell-Fortis-Elementorial-Avery. I hope we can meet some other time.

Also, Elfie was your twin? I never knew. 

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Deviantart is LivVirtual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

*sobs* That was... *wipes tear* beautiful. I appreciate the LOTR throwback. I surely will miss you. And no, I didn't take any silver spoons.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread.

Through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.

Front sm

ambersnow38

Hello to a new adventure, Elf!

*Hugs*

• Posted at:

Reese

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace.

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

These wings are made to fly.

Front sm

scarletactor17

• Posted at:

Under cloud, beneath the starsOver snow one winter's mornI turn at last to paths that lead homeAnd though where the road then takes meI cannot tellWe came all this wayBut now comes the dayTo bid you farewell

-Billy Boyd

#TheMBLivesOn