Front sm

dragonflying601

Branch: Ekaterina

I noticed lately while looking through some posts, especially on the announcements about the closure of the MB, that some of the posts got rather... vitriolic. This isn't beneficial for anyone, and is in fact rather detrimental to everyone.

First of all  I understand the anger and frustration and the urge to lash out. It's perfectly normal in a situation like this. But. BUT. That anger and frustration still isn't an excuse to rip into Becky.

Attacking Becky is just the wrong thing to do. She's not the one making the decisions here  It's not Becky's fault that this is happening. Attacking her won't change anything - it's not going to help save the MB. All it's going to do is sour the relationship between Becky and, well, us.

If she's being attacked by the people she's trying to help... well, that very well might make her less inclined to help and be present.

People who are in community-facing positions, like Becky, often have to bear the brunt of the backlash of announcing something, even if they have no control over the change and often don't understand the changes or why they were made. It's really not healthy for someone to deal with backlash like that, especially alone.

I'm a mod in other corners of the internet. I've seen it happen first hand to people - they get dragged down over something totally not their fault. It's awful. 

Please  don't be part of the problem. The mods are people too. They don't deserve your vitriol.

Thanks for what you do and put up with, Becky.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

<♔ ~Leo~ ♔>

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down

I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out

I am brave, I am bruised

I am who I'm meant to be, thi is me

They/them.

#SkylarEmeraldCarmenZoeyDanielLiveOn

#PutIRBack

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

All solute Becky, who puts up with all our trouble on a daily basis. Thanks for all you do, Mom.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread.

Through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.

Front sm

twilightsparkly139

Branch: Janus

Agreed. It's frustrating, but take your anger out on a punching bag. Not Becky.

• Posted at:

Amber. I am Amberdolphin1210! I am now a Janus!

Check out the other me's RPs!