Front sm

queststudy29

Branch: Ekaterina

Dear Cahills,

I know that the decision to eradicate the Message Boards has been hard to process. Personally, I am at a loss for words. Since sixth grade the Message Boards have served as a safe haven for me to escape reality. I’ve made some amazing memories here and have met so many great people, including some of my closest friends. I will admit that I haven’t been as active as I used to be, but that doesn’t change my love for this place.

I’ve witnessed something troubling after the announcement was made. All of a sudden people decided to call it quits and leave the MB, without giving our future new home a chance. I understand that not everyone will have access, to whom of which I apologize that your days here are numbered, but I believe that those who will and have decided to leave should give the new place a chance. Our numbers have depleted over the years and we need to stick together.

At first, the transition to our new home is not going to be easy, but we are Cahills. When has it ever been easy for us? Since the Cahill Schism, we’ve always been in the shadows, on the run, and fighting each other (until recently), all while protecting the world’s greatest secret(s). I understand the controversiality of what I am about to say, but part of me is glad that we are moving. The Message Boards are great and all, but we are exposed. Given our small numbers, one message board is too large to protect from what could be future enemies.

If I am going to be transparent with all of you, there is another reason as to why I am glad the Message Boards will be eradicated. Knowing that this reason exists scares me. There is a secret hidden within this MB that if discovered by any foreign enemy, could give Damien’s wishes a second chance at coming to fruition. I am sorry that I cannot reveal any more, but I swore an oath to keep it a secret. I am grateful that when we discovered it a couple of years back, it did not spread.

I am sorry that the place we once called home is going down in such an unhonorable fashion. If it were up to me we’d lay the MB on a boat, let it into the water and set it on fire with an arrow, all while chanting a sadder/hopeful/extended version of Ho Hey by The Lumineers. I know that this transition is scary, but like I said, we are Cahills. Even though we have never gotten along until recently, it is our duty to stick together for as long as possible. The Cahill name is not a place, but a people. Us.

-A Cahill

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

I have a feeling the mods made this account just to give this message to us, or just some other MBer, but either way, I agree.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread.

Through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.

Front sm

twilightsparkly139

Branch: Janus

Agreed, fellow Cahill. To those leaving, listen to Raymond whatshisname's song called "Farewell to You, My Friends."

• Posted at:

Amber. I am Amberdolphin1210! I am now a Janus!

Check out the other me's RPs!

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Branch: Tomas

Lol, I like this.

• Posted at:

Ghostsurfer1 aka Ghostbrigadier1 aka Investigatecorpral1  

CoolSyrup

HEY, SMART THAT YOU WOULD HIGHLIGHT MY SIG. MY MB B-DAY IS MARCH 12.

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Branch: Lucian

*slightly nods once* Well said. I'll see y'all there. :) 

• Posted at:

ELF

"But I don't regret,

Nor will I forget all who took the road with me.

To these memories I will hold

With your blessing I will go.

I bid you all a very fond farewell."

-Billy Boyd