Front sm

dragonflying601

Branch: Ekaterina

Well. This is it.

Goodbye, MB. I joined the MB in early 2014, and I've been pretty much a regular since then. I was 12 at the time. I'm now 16. This was my first real encounter with the internet. It's where I developed skills, made friends, and had fun.

They're shutting down the message board. It's a real shame. This was a huge part of a lot of kids lives. Many of us made friends here that we're still in contact with, through different mediums, years later. This place is a large part of my history, and I have some friends here that I don't have any other way of reaching. I can reach some of you, but I'm about to lose contact with a large number of people that I have, over the years, considered friends.

I'd like to mention some folks here. Users. MBers. Friends. In some cases, at times it was almost family. I won't remember every name. I can't; there are just so many. And since half the MB history is gone, I can't even go back and check.

Taylor and Reese - you two were among the first people that I met on the forums. You were the first people I interacted with, really. I haven't seen Taylor around for a while, but Reese - you're one of the people that I regret not having any other way of contacting you.

Dario - I haven't seen you in years, but you were also among the first friends I made. You created a fanfiction event, that was my first (and only) attempt at writing fanfiction. You were fun to interact with.

Hazel - you were also among the first. You were also the very first person to call me "Leo", and it's because of you that this is a name that I go by in several places. You're a legendary MBer. See you Over the Rainbow.

Oz and Lyss - the mother and father of the MB. You two created some awesome stories, and the Lyzzy family was one of my favorite things about the MB.

Chai - the MB's grandpa. You were basically the patriarch of the MB; the person who had been around for the longest and knew about everything before the rest of us. You're what, 23 now?

Fardosa - we met early on in my history here. While you were only sporadically around, I enjoyed our interactions. The first people you meet stick with you.

Christy / Kristie - ah, Tea. When you arrived, you caused... possibly the largest event in MB history; the Great War. It marked an era of the MB. Since then, you've definitely matured, and you're the MBer that I've probably has the most consistent interaction with. You're a great writer, awesome musician, and a good friend.

Alabaster / Old Man Jenkins - I haven't seen you around in a very long while. Last I saw you were going through a hard time. I hope you're doing okay. Know that you brought hilarity and joy to the lives of many kids, including me. BAZOOKA!!

Nour - I haven't seen you in years, either. It was an honor to know you, and I regret that I haven't been able to talk to you in a long time.

To everybody else - I'm sorry that I can't write a personal message to everybody. There have been so many great friends over the years that I can't even remember all the names. If I left you out, please leave me a note down below, and I sincerely apologize.

Apollo / Artems / Charity / Chair. Cara. Gabby. Marshall. Clair. Jade. Alissa. 99. Ruby. Safire. Saphhire. Sage. Kathy. Chu. Nyla. Puma. Red. Jak (formerly Boudica). Amber. Christine. Ariana. Nathaniel. eKat. Monica. Klary. Nyla. Kiera. Andrea. Layna. Montego. Hope. Megan. Ashley. Bess. Gwen. Ocean. Em. Tessa. Timothy. Jason. Sphynx. Daniel. Jane. Maxi. Elaia. Alora. Matt. Jordyn. Noelle. Micky. Kris. Emilie. Tobias. Rad. Andrea. Sam. Heather. Bast. LFC. Maleia. Amethyst. Ryan. Laura. Lani. Cali.

And, of course, the admins. Ah, the admins. Gavin. Len. Harmonie. The Jens. Does anyone remember Noah? Beth. Mallory. Kevin. Erika. Lauren. Emily. Shelia. Jonathan. And then Sarah, and Becky. We used to chat with the admins...they'd actually post and interact with us. Play games with us. It was awesome.

The years we spent begging for a search bar, that finally payed off. The years we spent asking for a live chat, which finally was added. Those were amazing times.

The launch of Doublecross, and the moving from the old domain to the new, and the new design of the MB (how we complained... the colors were awful at the beginning). The rename from "Cahill Command Message Board" to "Doublecross Forums".

There is so much history here, from the Egypt Game to Gavin in China to Camp Cahill to this. And it's all about to be gone.

This has been a part of my life for quite a long time now, and I'm sad to see it go. All good things come to an end, and apparently, it's time for the MB to rest in peace.

I'll be Over the Rainbow.

Goodbye, forums. Goodbye, Cahill Command Message Board. Goodybe, T39C. Goodbye, Scholastic.

It's been a good run, for nearly five years now, but it has come to an end.

So long, and good luck. Thanks for all the fish.

I'll always remember this place fondly.

Leo, signing off for the last time.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

<♔ ~Leo~ ♔>

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down

I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out

I am brave, I am bruised

I am who I'm meant to be, thi is me

They/them.

#SkylarEmeraldCarmenZoeyDanielLiveOn

#PutIRBack

Front sm

breakingheart128

Branch: Janus

i'm not crying it's just raining on my face

You probably don't remember me, but it's Clev. You were one of the only "oldies" who didn't think they were too cool to talk to a "newbie" like me.

It meant a lot. I was very alone.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

moonlightsunrise37

Goodbye Leo 

~ Cara

• Posted at:

The butterfly’s end

is 

the caterpillar’s beginning 

Front sm

dogyellow583

Goodbyes always tear me up; I’m way too sentimental. And hopefully we can stay in contact.

But thank you for being part of everything it took to make me a little easier to deal with :P And for your feedback on all my crazy projects, all the fun times.

...I’m leaving it there on a good note and cutting the sad part short lol: see you around.

• Posted at:

Christy ~  currently trying to figure out what’s wrong with me 

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

I didn't really know you, but it's sad every time an MBer leaves... especially now... Bye, Leo.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread.

Through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.

Front sm

twilightsparkly139

Thanks Leo. I'm sure I'll kinda be around.

• Posted at:

Amber. I am Amberdolphin1210! I am now a Janus!

Check out the other me's RPs!

Front sm

dawnamber101

I went through a lot of emotions reading through this goodbye post. So many memories popped up about people who, after this MB shuts down, I'll never be able to see again. I wish I was able to still reminince on old memories...but I can't. 

I'm still coming to terms with all this. :(

• Posted at:

Far. Fardosa. AmberDosa. FariesFarry. Farreh 

Proud MBer Since: June 2014

Cahill-Demigod-Potterhead-

Reader.

Dreamer.

Just your favorite person :D (30-day money back gurantee)

I feel like I spelled gurantee wrong...it doesn't look right...

Front sm

ambersnow38

Aye, wish we could keep in contact too.....

Who knows, maybe we'll cross paths futher on in the future. But, I guess until then, stay gold, Leo. Stay gold.

• Posted at:

Reese

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace.

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

These wings are made to fly.

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

This MB was really my introduction to the internet too...and with so many memories, its heartbreaking that its being shut down. Goodbye, Leo!

--Bess

• Posted at:

Bess

It's addictive the minute you let yourself think...

the things that I say just might matter to someone

topics/255489

topics/185888

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Branch: Tomas

Bye man, It was quite the experience. 

• Posted at:

Ghostsurfer1 aka Ghostbrigadier1 aka Investigatecorpral1  

CoolSyrup

HEY, SMART THAT YOU WOULD HIGHLIGHT MY SIG. MY MB B-DAY IS MARCH 12.

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Thank you for everything that you've contributed to over the years Leo! 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Just to let you know Leo Reese knows about OTR now. 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ghostmorning7

Branch: Lucian

Oh Leo. Thanks for the memories. every word and every moment in the past years meant the world to me. I'll see you on the other side.

~Hope Forever~ Andrea 

• Posted at:

~Hope Forever~ Andrea   

Goodbyes are only sad if you know you'll never say hello again

I guess this one is sad

So I'll bid you goodbye for the last time

And say thank you for the memories

Know that I'll miss you tomorrow and ever day after

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

It's so weird seeing this part of our lives approaching an end. I shall miss this place and the people here so much.

I'll see you Over the Rainbow.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

"See the world not as it is, but as it should be."

"The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last."

Thanks for the memories. I'll miss you all.