Are y'all scouts?

Front sm

jadecat1391

Branch: Ekaterina

Drumroll please.....

*everyone reading taps fingers on tables)

I'm a boy scout!

Everyone: But Catte, you're a girl, that makes no sense!

Yeah, I know, but they take girls now and i just joined a troop a few towns over from my own. I originally did girl scouts, but long story short it wasn't what I expected. I don't want to start ranting.

But yeah I'm a boy scout. 

YAAAY!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

CATTE

AKA:

The pun master (more than you, LUCINA)

The cat lady

The undertale fangirl

Depressed

Atheist

BISEXUAL

KITTIIIIIIEEEEESSS

Sci-fi

Oreos

Alphdyne

- crisis

會 - opportunity 

They are one in the same. We are the future. We are leaders.

Front sm

cloudart142

Branch: Lucian

Congrats! oooh you get to sell popcorn now- yum. 

• Posted at:

Helloooooooooooo!

I’m a

Dreamer

Book- lover

Soccer Player

Artist 

And Music Listener 

Nice to Meet You,

Front sm

proudcat90

Congratulations! Why don't they just merge girl scouts and boy scouts tho? 

• Posted at:

BRACHA!!!!!

SliGhtLy BonKerS

#FORUMLIVESON

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.

-Lemony Snicket

Front sm

crowsoul50

Branch: Janus

Hey! Welcome to ScoutsBSA! 

Apologies in advance I love talking about this

@Bracha, actually, the US is one of the few countries that doesn‘t have a co-Ed scouting program. For now, Boy Scouts of America is allowing all female troops, but nothing really co-ed. However, Cub Scouts is co-ed, with packs having both male and female scouts. 

The reason that they don’t merge has to do with a lot of red tape and ideals of both organizations. Girl Scouts has different policies when it comes to LGBTQ and non-Christian scouts (both Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts have roots in the Christian faith but have become much more accepting of different religions and atheists) and Girl Scouts has generally more accepting policies, but BSA is beginning to catch up in that regard. The merit badge programs and ranks have pretty big differences as well. GSA is based on grade while BSA is based on personal advancement. 

The bigwigs in GSA are in a tizzy because they think the BSA are stealing members to keep their program afloat. This is partially true, both organizations have had their numbers take a dip for a long time. GSA is actually suing the Boy Scouts of America because they believe the name change (ScoutsBSA) is confusing and misleading, but that’s a whole other issue. 

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

Front sm

parakeetpanther60

Branch: Janus

I really don't underatand the merging and stuff it seems kinda pointless but i know nothing about scouts so

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

Heroes always get remembered

But you know legends 

Never die

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

Just gonna pretend I get that whole thing... Well, at least Catte got in and is happy!

• Posted at:

Bracha

Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread.

Through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.

Front sm

jadecat1391

@everyone

Yeah, the whole thing is that girl scouts think that boy scouts isn't capable of helping girls "become our future leaders"

But I have some issues with that statement.

WARNING: Rant - Feel free to skip

1.) "Oh, what a girl can do!" is found on the back of cookie boxes, above pictures of girls selling cookies. Oh, girls can sell cookies in front of a convenience store, but boys can go on week-long camping trips in Utah. Great message.

2.) Girl Scouts (at least in my home state) has deteriorated into a place where girls sit and gossip and do nothing but make crafts that fall apart a day after you make them. I joined girl scouts to go camping. As my leader said, "I'm from new york*, I don't do camping or outside stuff." So I was sorely disappointed.

3.) I have a personal bias against GS and for BSA. My brother (cub scout) is in BSA, and even though he is 5 years younger than me, I am jealous of him. He's done more stuff in cub scouts in a month than I had ever done in girl scouts in 4 years. Also, the entire troop hates me now because I got mad at one of them. The leader did nothing. 

4.) GS isn't what it used to be. In the 70s and 80s, my mother was a girl scout. They were essentially boy scouts now, but for girls. Not now.

5.) I take things seriously. Maybe too seriously. But when I was the only one to show up for meetings for 4 months in a row, I was upset. You almost have to show up for every meeting is BSA (unless you are sick or away) or you risk not progressing in the ranks, or not being able to do certain activities. 

All in all, I am glad that I quit girl scouts. I hope Boy scouts will be a better place for me. 

*she named a city, but filter would not allow me to say

@people who didn't read the rant

I don't like girl scouts for a variety of reasons, mainly because it wasn't what I expected. Read above for in-depth info.

@Bracha

Thanks, but I haven't even been to the first meeting yet. Should be in a few weeks.

(mods plz let this through. No offense to anyone mentioned.)

• Posted at:

CATTE

AKA:

The pun master (more than you, LUCINA)

The cat lady

The undertale fangirl

Depressed

Atheist

BISEXUAL

KITTIIIIIIEEEEESSS

Sci-fi

Oreos

Alphdyne

- crisis

會 - opportunity 

They are one in the same. We are the future. We are leaders.