agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

Blizzard-

THANKS!!

Bracha-

The pizza thing actually happened on a vacation my family went on XD

phil please let this through!

Andre Carlton

Allison, Logan, Molly and I are in the media room of the hotel not long after eating gross Chinese food in the food court since the pizzas turned out to be illegal. Allison had been acting weird (weirder than usual, at least) in the midst of all that and just wanted to watch a movie in there since it was empty. Molly had tried to object but ended up staying – now her and Logan are out cold on the couch, both on completely opposite sides of the couch.

I’m reading my book – I’m almost done with it – when I suddenly realize that it’s strangely quiet. The TV is turned off and the room is pretty dark. I turn to the couch and see Molly and Logan still sleeping. Where’s Allison?

All of a sudden, I hear someone shriek behind me, and I jump at least eight feet in the air – metaphorically, obviously.

I turn around, breathing hard, and see Allison laughing hysterically.

“What the heck was that for?!” I exclaim.

She shrugs and suddenly, her face looks concerned and she asks, “Did I really scare you that bad?”

I shake my head. It was scary when she first did it, but it honestly wasn’t that scary.

“Really?” She asks.

Then, she comes and sits right next to me, closer than I’ve ever seen her with anyone. And then, to my surprise wraps her arms around my shoulders and rests her head on my shoulder.

“I’m sorry if I scared you too bad,” she whispers.

I’m too stunned to process her apology. I’m still processing her hug, her head resting on my shoulder, her frizzy hair brushing against my cheek, making a weird feeling go through my entire body.

Don’t get the wrong idea, though; I don’t like-like Allison Gardner. I mean, I barely even know her. But still, the feeling of her being so close to me sends a tingling feeling all through my body.

If you were reading this in a book, you’d think differently, a little voice in my head tells me.

Shut up! I tell the voice.

She releases me and sits back. Then she stares at me. Like, right at me. Her face is barely two inches from mine, our noses almost brushing and for a second, I think she’s going to kiss me.

From here, I notice details I never really did about Allison Gardner. Like, her eyes, they’re so blue. Or the freckles dusted across her nose like constellations. Or the way the frizzy red curls that come out of her ponytail frame her face. She’s actually pretty cute.

Eventually, I realize how long we’ve been staring and that it’s getting pretty weird. She blinks slowly and then clears her throat slightly, “Anyway, I’m sorry if I scared you.” She’s breathing hard.

I shake my head and inch away from her, trying not to look at her, but I can see that she’s rubbing her shaking hands together. Who knew Allison Gardner got that nervous? I think.

“Oh my god!” I hear Molly shriek and for a second, I think she saw Allison and me face-to-face like Jeffrey and Jessica were during the closet game in Saving Mr. Terupt, but then she says, “What time is it?”

Logan woke up at her shrieking and is fumbling to check his phone. “10:45,” he mumbles.

“We have to get back to the room! C’mon, Allison!” She hurries out of there.

Allison sneaks a glance back at me and then hurries out after her.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Something to believe in for even a night

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

0_0 that must've been an interesting experience...

Aww, Andre and Allison are perfect for each other! So shipping them! Very well written, Lucy.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread.

Through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thanks! Funny thing is that when I was planning this story, Logan and Molly were in my head as a ship since the beginning, but I was legitimately planning on having Allison and Andre stay platonic, but they decided to take on a fate of their own

Allison Gardner

I always have trouble falling asleep. My mind starts racing, and when I try and clear my brain, I focus too much on that and I don’t end up falling asleep. So, I’ve started listening to music. Movie scores are fantastic because I’m not repeating lyrics in my head. The Wonder and This is Us scores are traditionally what help me sleep since they’re pretty relaxing.

Tonight though, I manage to fall asleep fairly quickly, but then I wake up by the sound of someone breathing hard and quietly crying. Guess I wasn’t as sound asleep as I thought.

I sit up in my bed and look over at where the sound is coming from. The desk light is on, and Molly is sitting there, her shoulders shaking. I know exactly what I’m witnessing. I’ve experienced it on more than one occasion.

I creep over to Molly to see what she’s freaking out over. It’s the honors math textbook. I wonder why. She’s always aced all her classes, and seemingly without effort.

She notices me peeking over her shoulder and she hastily wipes the tears from her cheeks and tries to shoot a signature irritated Molly Pearson look, but she’s still breathing hard. “What are you doing here?”

I shrug. “What are you doing?”

“Homework,” she mutters.

Homework? The teachers didn’t assign homework this week because of the trip.

“But we don’t have homework this week,” I say.

“I do, okay?”

It’s clear she doesn’t like the fact that I’ve caught her doing homework, although, it’s an odd thing to be embarrassed about. Usually, kids get embarrassed to get caught not doing homework.

Here’s the thing about me: I don’t have such a hard time calming someone else down. If it’s me, I need to do all kinds of different things – especially if it’s a really bad one.

So, I try and help Molly through it. She’s never been mean to me. Standoffish? Yes. A little rude? Yes. But never outright mean. Plus, a panic attack isn’t something I’d wish on anyone.

“Take deep breaths,” I tell her.

“What?”

“To regulate your breathing,” I say. “Hyperventilating will just lead you to faint.”

She raises an eyebrow but starts to take deep breaths.

“In through your nose and out with your mouth,” I coach.

She does as she’s told. “My chest hurts,” she complains.

“That’s normal,” I tell her. “Keep taking deep breaths.”

Eventually, she calms down, enough that her crying has stopped, and she isn’t hyperventilating anymore.

“Better?” I ask.

She smiles slightly, “Yeah. Uh, thanks.”

I smile and go back to my bed. I’m not quite sure what just happened, but I feel like things will be slightly different between me and Molly tomorrow.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

aqualoki7

This is SUPER awesome! I'm thinking.... Maybe, just Maybe Allison and Molly might turn out to be friends?

• Posted at:

Blizzard

Gryffindor                

Daughter of Poseidon

Form names:

Evie

Scarlet

Allie

Abcde

I'll miss you guys!! I love you like my family (and that's saying something). Probably won't be able to get on HB with all the bugs in the program.

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Allison's really nice.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Blizzard-

Good observation :)

Bracha-

Yeah, she is :)

Day 2

Molly Pearson

When I wake up the next morning, I can already hear the shower running and for a second, I wonder who’s in there. Oh. That’s right. I’m sharing a room with Allison Gardner.

Then I remember last night.

I was studying the math that Andrea told me to study. The problem is, I can hardly understand this year’s honors math. The only reason I got an A in math last semester is because of the late-night study sessions with Andrea, and if you were to ask me now what I remember from that math, I wouldn’t be able to tell you.

I tried so hard last night. I really did, but I might as well have been reading Chinese for all I understood. I started crying and hyperventilating. It’s not something that happens often. The last time it happened was when I was trying to write my Spanish essay a couple months ago and I was up at three in morning on a school night, trying to conjure up at least a paragraph to turn in – and one that would make Andrea happy.

I thought I was being fairly quiet, but then Allison found me. Somehow, she knew exactly what was going on and helped me through it. I’m not sure how she knew. Maybe she knows someone who experiences them.

I took a shower last night, shortly after Allison helped me, so I decided to use right now as an advantage to get dressed. I went to the top drawer in the small dresser of the hotel room and pulled out my outfit for the day: a black skirt, a white and purple flannel shirt, and a purple sweater to go over it. It’s that kind of weather that’s fresh in the morning but gets hotter throughout the day so I’ll probably take the sweater off later.

I’m just taking my dark brown hair out of the braid I put it in to keep it from getting messy, when I hear singing of all things coming from the bathroom. I stop, and creep towards the bathroom.

The shower is still running, but I can hear Allison singing. “But it's all an adventure that comes with a breathtaking view. Walking the tightrope. With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh. With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh. With you.

I recognize the song from that movie, The Greatest Showman – Lorelai, Blake, Courtney, and I went to go see it when it first came out. Funny how Andrea’s strictness never comes into play when I go out with my friends. Anyway, Allison has a really pretty singing voice. I wonder if she’s ever taken voice lessons.

The shower turns off, but she’s still singing – a different song now, “'Cause I cannot play the grieving girl and lie, saying that I miss you and that my world has gone dark. I will sing no requiem. I will sing no requiem. I will sing no requiem tonight. Oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh

I don’t recognize this one, but it sounds like a nice song, and Allison’s voice makes it sound even better. I’m still listening when the door opens, and I stumble a little before standing up straight and face Allison Gardner.

“Were you listening?” Allison asks, her cheeks pink.

“Uh…” I stammer. I figure to just admit it rather then try and come up with an excuse as to why I was standing right by the door. I nod, then add, “You have a really nice voice.

Her cheeks go from pink to bright red, but she smiles slightly, “Thanks.”

Who would’ve thought Allison Gardner, who dances terrible contemporary in front of a screen at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, to get embarrassed?

I press on, “Do you take voice lessons?”

She shakes her head, “No, I just sing at home sometimes. Usually when everyone is gone.” She occupies her self with tying her wet hair up into a ponytail, her hair dripping onto her black long-sleeved shirt. “I thought you were still asleep,” she smiles sheepishly, “sorry.”

I shake my head, “No, I liked it.”

There’s a kind of awkward silence between the two of us now, so I blurt, “Thanks, by the way, for helping me last night.”

She looks at me and shrugs, “No problem.”

We don’t say anything more. She doesn’t ask why I was having a panic attack over math homework last night and I don’t ask how she knew how to calm me down last night.

But when we go down to the lobby to meet up with our group for breakfast, I don’t try and get away from Allison, so my friends don’t realize who I’m with.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Phil, please let this through!

Logan Clark

Okay, this is weird. Molly doesn’t seem completely disgusted with Allison today. I’m not trying to say that Allison deserves Molly’s rudeness, it’s just strange coming from her.

Me, on the other hand, is still receiving all kinds of rudeness from Molly. She didn’t object too strongly to holding my hand today, although she had asked Randall if we had to have the same hand-holding partners today.

Today, we’re going to the L.A. Zoo. I’d been here once, way back in like, second grade. Actually, Mom had taken Molly with us that time, you know, back before she hated me.

Mom still has the picture of Molly and me posing in front of the elephants. Some days, when I’m feeling really pathetic, I look through the pictures from that day and pretend things are still like that.

I’d never admit it out loud, but the zoo is still pretty cool. The area with the birds was pretty awesome. Allison stood in front of the flamingos and pretended to stand like them.

The reptile exhibit would be cool…if I didn’t have an intense fear of snakes. Seriously, give me the choice between being in a room full of spiders and a room full of snakes, I’d take the spiders any day. Unfortunately for me, Randall really, really wanted to go inside the reptile exhibit, so we all went in. I kept my eyes closed the whole time.

There was a part where we were walking past one of the artists drawing one of those caricature things, and he called out to Molly and me, “Do you want a picture of you and your girlfriend?” And Molly turned bright red and called out, “He’s not my boyfriend!” I was probably just as red as she was, and I was hoping none of my friends heard this exchange.

Just before we were going to head to the fish area, Randall calls for a bathroom break. I think it’s about time. Andre is squirming like crazy.

Molly releases my hand with a sigh, “Finally.”

Andre releases Allison’s hand and rushes inside the men’s room and I follow him in because I figure that it’s probably better to go now.

“So, what’s going on with you and Allison today?” I ask him as we’re washing our hands. He’s more nervous around Allison today than yesterday. I mean, I don’t blame him, but it’s funny watching him squirm as I interrogate him.

He jumps, “What are you talking about?”

Every time he speaks, I get just a little surprised. I don’t ever remember him speaking in my presence before this trip and I have to keep getting used to his voice – I kept expecting to hear a little squeaky chipmunk voice, I wasn’t expecting it to have dropped already.

“You’re acting weird around her,” I say.

“You would too if you had to hold her hand all day!” He objects. “You know she’s crazy!” The minute the words are out of his mouth, he looks like he wants to cram them back in. I’m a little taken aback too. I mean, we both knew she was weird, but calling her crazy seems a little harsh.

He clams up again and dries off his hands with a paper towel. I wipe mine on my jeans and follow him outside, rejoining the girls and Randall. Looks like Randall finished before us.

I reluctantly grab Molly’s hand again and she rolls her eyes, sighing loudly. What is her problem? I’m not especially thrilled at holding hands with Molly Pearson, but does she have to be so obvious about it?

“Can I ask you something?” I ask her, slowing a bit so that Andre, Allison, and Randall are a good distance ahead of us.

She looks at me scornfully, like I just interrupted whatever “important” thoughts she was having at the moment, “What is it?”

I just blurt it out, “Why do you hate me so much?”

She scoffs, “You mean other than you completely ditching me in third-grade, throwing sand at me, and just generally being a dirtbag to me?”

I cringe. I forgot how awful I’d been back in elementary school. The two of us were cool up until second-grade, but the summer between second and third-grade, guys started to make fun of me because apparently, it wasn’t “cool” to be friends with a girl. So, I became friends with Lucas and Adam and they thought it was cool to mess with Molly. I have to admit, it was kind of funny seeing her get all worked up like that. Then, once we hit sixth-grade, it was suddenly cool to like girls and hang out with them. By that point, Molly and I never spoke to each other.

I guess I had never apologized for being a complete turd to her in elementary school, but then again, she’d never given me the chance.

“Okay, fine,” I say. “I’m sorry about the way I acted back then. I don’t throw dirt at you anymore. Is that still why you hate me?”

She turns to me and raises an eyebrow at me, “Do you not remember?”

I’m confused, “Remember what? Did I do something else to you back then?”

She bristles, “Seventh-grade? Picture at the football game? Nothing?”

Picture at the football game? I think. Seventh grade?

Then, I remember.

It was sometime in the fall of last year, during football season. Bryce had been being an idiot again, caught with a can of beer at the school dance. I bet you can guess who caught him? That’s right, Molly. She told the principal and he suspended Bryce and a few other kids who were caught for three days.

When Bryce came back, he was not happy. “I’m gonna get her back, Logan,” he said that day. “You better believe I am.”

I wasn’t really paying attention to what he was saying. I just assumed that it was one of those times that he talked a big game but never carried through with it. Plus, why should anything that happened to Molly Pearson at that point in time bother me?

About a week later, at our last football game of the season during half-time, while Lucas and I were going over our next play, I noticed that people were going crazy over what was on the big screen. I looked up, and that’s when I saw it.

It was a picture of Molly. Only…it wasn’t. It just looked like it was her. Basically, it was a picture of Molly’s head photoshopped onto some Victoria’s Secret ad.

I looked over at the table with the AV club’s laptop sitting on it and saw that they were trying to take the picture down.

A lot of kids were laughing, and when Molly looked up from the table that the rest of the Student Council were sitting at and saw the picture, her cheeks flamed beet red and she ran out of there, Lorelai Hart and Blake Jones following her out. Courtney Hall rushed over to the AV club’s table, trying to help them take the picture down and started screaming at the onlooking students.

I felt bad for Molly. Really bad. At this point I time, I couldn’t figure out who would do that to her. Surely it couldn’t have been Bryce, right? He’s kind of an idiot turd, but he wouldn’t go this far, would he?

After the game I overheard Bryce laughing with some of the other guys.

“Dude, that was awesome!” Nick told him.

“I know!” Derek echoed, “It looked so real! How’d you do it?”

Bryce shrugged, “Just some simple photoshop. That’ll teach her not to mess with us anymore.”

Nick and Derek laughed with him and I could feel myself getting angrier and angrier. Maybe she wouldn’t have messed with them if they hadn’t been being complete idiots at the dance.

This is probably the part where you’re expecting me to go up to Bryce, beat him up for being a jerk, and find Molly to console her. But that isn’t what happened. Instead, what happened is I kept my mouth shut about it. I never told Bryce off, nor did I say anything to poor Molly, who was probably humiliated. I just went on my merry way.

But I swear, I had nothing to do with the picture. I had no idea he was gonna do that. I honestly thought he was just going to pull a harmless prank on her – something funny.

“God, Molly,” I tell her now. “I’m so sorry about that. I didn’t even remember that whole incident.”

Molly bristles, “The heck you didn’t. You had to have been part of it.”

I shake my head, “I didn’t, honestly. I knew Bryce was planning on getting you back for telling on him at the dance, but I didn’t think he was gonna take things that far.”

“And you didn’t think it was important to tell me that he was going to do something?” She asks.

I shrug, “It’s not like you’d have believed me.”

She doesn’t say anything more except to mutter, “We should probably catch up with Randall and the others.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Molly Pearson

The snacks being sold at the football game were raising a ton of money for the school, and I was proud. This was my idea, after all.

Sometime during half-time, I heard a lot of commotion going on, so I looked up to see what everyone was hooting and hollering about, and what I saw left me speechless. It was a picture of me! Well, not really. Some idiot had photoshopped me onto a Victoria’s Secret ad! It was awful how real it looked.

I could feel my cheeks get hotter and hotter, and tears well up in my eyes. I ran out of there, trying to get away as fast as I could and found a spot in the hidden alcove near the second story science room. Who would do this?

Lorelai and Blake found me sitting there, my face buried in my knees, crying my eyes out.

“It’s okay, girl,” Lorelai said, sitting down next to me and leaning her head on my shoulder. “Courtney’s trying to help the AV kids take the picture down and Cory ran to get Principal Celeste to try and take it down.”

Blake shrugged, “Yeah. I mean, you looked kind of good in that picture.” Lorelai shot him a glare and he quickly added, “But, it was still horrible of someone to do that to you.”

I sniffed, “Who do you think did it?”

“I saw Bryce bragging about it with Lucas, Adam, and Logan,” Lorelai said.

I shot up, “Logan?” I knew Logan had practically hated me in our last years of elementary school, but I never expected him to do something like this to me.

Lorelai nodded, “You know how those guys are. Utterly terrible.”

And if all that wasn’t bad enough, you should’ve seen how Andrea reacted to the whole thing.

“How could you let this happen?” She asked me, the minute we stepped foot in the house.”

“Mom, it wasn’t my fault,” I tried telling her.

She just rolled her eyes at me, “If you had been thinking straight, you would’ve prevented this from happening. What’s the matter with you?”

That stung. Mostly because she was accusing me of something that couldn’t possibly have been my fault!

“Now, go to your room, and study for that science exam you have coming up,” she said, plopping herself down at the kitchen table. “I want to see a hundred percent on that test, you hear me?”

I made sure to be in the hall when I rolled my eyes and called over my shoulder, “Yes, ma’am.”

This was all Logan and his stupid friends’ fault. It’s not my fault his dumb little friend, Bryce Vander ’Waal had a beer at the Fall Formal. I did the right thing by telling Principal Celeste about them.

But now…I come to find out that Logan had nothing to do with it. I mean, I’m relieved, but at the same time…I’m not sure what to think. The fact that Logan may not be the dirtbag I remember him being gives me a strange feeling. And I’m not sure if it’s nostalgia…or something else. And I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Ooh... This is gooodddd!

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thanks!

Allison Gardner

The zoo is really fun so far; the carousel was my favorite part. I always liked carousels, although, when my anxiety first started to flare up (back when my family was going into its divide) I refused to get on them if they had more than ten people on them. I’ve gotten better at that one now.

Randall had made everyone get on, despite Logan’s and Molly’s protests. Andre seemed pretty okay with it, he sat on one of the benches with Randall, who was on his phone again and continued the book he was reading at breakfast this morning (it’s a different one from yesterday). Logan and Molly, on the other hand, did get on the plastic animals, they just made it a point to sit far away from the front – and each other.

According to Randall, we’re going to see the giraffes next. Earlier today we had seen a big crowd over there, so I’m not thrilled.

“What happened?” Andre asks.

I look at him, “What are you talking about?”

“Your hands,” he says, “they’re really sweaty.”

I feel my cheeks grow warm (warmer anyway, since this is California May we’re talking about). My hands always get sweaty when I’m nervous. Even if my heart isn’t going crazy and I’m not hyperventilating, my hands still get really sweaty. Which is a reason why I was always scared to hold hands with someone.

“Sorry,” I mutter.

He shrugs, “It’s fine. Really. They got like that yesterday too.”

He had noticed. “Sorry,” I said again. That’s something I do way too much. Apologize. Dr. Baker says that I don’t need to do that. She says that I’m not a burden to everyone.

Sure feels like it.

“Why do you keep apologizing?” He asks.

I shrug. I don’t get into the anxiety with people at school. The only people who know are my parents. I just try and use my bottled-up nervous energy, hence the crazy.

“Sorry,” I just tell him again.

“You know you don’t have to keep telling me that,” he says.

I just stay silent. It’s the first time someone other than my mom and my therapist has told me that.

He chuckles, “You want to say it again, don’t you?”

I nod, “Yeah.”

I giggle, and he laughs slightly again. I never realized being with Andre Carlton would feel so nice.

I think back to last night. That couple of minutes when Molly and Logan were sleeping, and it was just the two of us. I have to admit, hugging him felt good (a little awkward, but good) and I liked what I was looking at when we were staring at each other. I liked how his dark brown eyes had little flecks of gold in them. I liked how his dark curly hair went with his dark brown skin.

And if I’m guessing correctly, he liked what he was looking at too.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Logan Clark

When we finally make it to the giraffes, I notice Bryce and his group there, looking at them. Molly sighs loudly and leads me to the far end of the area, away from Bryce. I’m honestly glad to follow.

We do hear Adam call out, “Wow, the zebras look awesome!”

Zebras? What the heck?

I look over at them and see Bryce punch Adam in the arm. “Ross, you idiot. Those are giraffes. No wonder you suck in school.”

Adam punches back, “Shut up! I got confused!”

I stifle a laugh. Molly rolls her eyes and I honestly don’t blame her.

I stand there, looking at the giraffes, and I can’t help thinking about the time that I came with my family and Molly. This is probably exactly how we were standing: staring at the giraffes, holding hands (we held hands all day that time).

I remember Zack teasing us (he was barely in sixth-grade at the time and was just starting to like girls) and I turned bright red and let her hand go, but that didn’t stop me from grabbing her hand again when Zack wasn’t looking. Looking back on it, I’m pretty sure I had a mean crush on her at the freaking age of seven. Especially since I had stood on top of the table at some point during that phase and declared that I was going to marry Molly Pearson when I grew up. Mom and Dad had just chuckled and looked at each other. Zack told me that I’d probably change my mind as I got older.

I ignore the feelings of longing for life to be as perfect as that day at the zoo with Molly again and look at the giraffes. There were two of them right now, one of them following directly behind the other – kind of like when you’re a pathetic little kid at a party with only adults and you just want to follow your mom around. Although…

“Oh my god,” Molly mutters.

“Yeah,” I say, not entirely believing what I’m seeing.

“Gross!” I hear Adam say. “Is it drinking the pee?”

Randall looks up from his phone to see this for himself and sees that what Adam’s saying is true.

The first giraffe – the one that was following the other around – has started to drink the pee that’s coming out of the other giraffe. It’s honestly kind of gross.

Allison giggles.

Molly rolls her eyes and sighs, “You guys are so immature.” But I can see her stifling a smile.

Andre just looks so legitimately baffled at the sight of a giraffe drinking another giraffe’s pee. Randall’s on Snapchat, taking a video of this whole thing and I’ve started to laugh a little.

I suddenly really want to tell Zack about this. Then, I remember that he probably wouldn’t care anymore anyway.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Branch: Janus

Please go to my thread titlted, "Could all of my friends please come here? ~Monica," ASAP for a goodbye message.

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

agentclue77

Monica-

I just saw it :)

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Andre Carlton

I don’t understand what my problem with Allison today is. I’m getting that butterflies in the stomach feeling every time she smiles, and I don’t care at all that her hands are sweating. What is going on with me?

And then I think, do I like Allison Gardner? I can’t. I mean, I’d never spoken to her before yesterday. But, it’s not like I want to kiss her or anything, I just get this crazy weird feeling when we hold hands.

Although, I am glad to have a distraction from Bryce. I haven’t really had to deal with him on this trip.

After Randall puts his phone away, we decide to leave the giraffe exhibit and head to the lion exhibit which is just right there. I can’t help but think of the Funjungle series by Stuart Gibbs. You know, the one with that kid who lives at the zoo and solves mysteries there?

Allison loves the lions, and she has this huge grin on her face the whole time. Cue the weird feeling in my gut.

“Well, if it isn’t Midnight!” I hear Bryce call out, right behind me.

I jump but don’t say anything. I found that it’s better to not respond to Bryce when he decides to start getting like this.

Bryce shoves me, just hard enough for me to stumble a little and lose Allison’s grip. I nearly fall to the floor. Then, he walks away with his group – the high school kid telling him that he shouldn’t have done that.

Allison helps me to steady myself and wipes her hands off on her jeans before taking mine again.

“Why does he call you that?” She asks.

“Hm?”

“Midnight,” she says. “Why does he call you that?”

Oh. I suppose there are worse things he could call me. Midnight is pretty mild on the list of insults he could hurl at me, but I’m sure he just knows that he can’t get in trouble with any teachers for calling me Midnight.

“It’s uh, it’s because I’m black,” I tell her.

She looks surprised, “Why would he care whether you’re black or not?”

I shrug, “Why does anyone care? Why does his dad care? I don’t know.” I always thought race was such a stupid thing to be mad at someone over. It’s not like you can choose what race you are.

“Coach Vander ’Waal is like that?” She asks.

Oops. I guess I let that one slip.

I just nod and change the subject, focusing on the lions.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

Yes, Allison, it sure is hard.. I know all too well...

Andre and Allison are adorable! And Logan keeps making me feel sad! Yay!

• Posted at:

BRACHA!!!!!

SliGhtLy BonKerS

#FORUMLIVESON

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.

-Lemony Snicket

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yeah, it sure is. Oh just, wait...more to come with Logan

Logan Clark

Everyone’s sitting at some picnic tables, eating lunch. Today we got a little more freedom as to who we were sitting with for lunch. I’m sitting with the guys, and Molly’s sitting with her friends. Although, I wouldn’t have minded if we had to sit with our own group. Things seem to be at least a little better between me and Molly since yesterday.

I notice Andre and Allison sitting together, though. Seems like they never had friends to sit with at lunch and now they’ve started to make some.

Bryce tries to get Lori and her friends to sit with us at one point, and my heart suddenly leaps into my throat. Not because of any flutters, it’s just…that incident from that time at the movies from last summer. It’s not like she’s talked to me since then, anyways.

Luckily, there’s no more room at our table.

“It’s too bad,” Bryce says, then looks at me, “She really likes you, Clark.”

“No, she doesn’t,” I say. I know she doesn’t. If she really liked me, she wouldn’t have…never mind.

I look at Lucas, and he shrugs in a what can you do? kind of way. Then, he points over at Andre, who’s calling over a squirrel, trying to bait the thing with a piece of his sandwich.

“C’mon,” I hear him wheedling, “cute little fella.”

The kid might’ve been the smartest kid in school, but that didn’t stop him from lacking in common sense in lots of areas.

I scoff and shake my head. I turn back to my food and am just about to eat another Dorito when I hear screaming. I look back, and see him, struggling to get the squirrel off his face.

“Oh my God,” I mutter. I rush over there, trying to pry the squirrel, except Andre just screams louder.

Molly comes over next, an employee with her.

“Stay calm, kid,” the employee tells Andre. Andre doesn’t calm down, he keeps screaming as loud as he can. The employee ends up having to take Andre to the medic, the squirrel still attached to his face.

When he comes back, we get told that he had to get a rabies shot since the squirrel was wild. They tried their best to clean him up, but he still looked pretty banged up.

“You okay, buddy?” I ask him, patting him on the shoulder.

Andre nods weakly, “Squirrels are evil, man.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

*ROFL* But... one of my best friends is a squirrel! (Metaphorically.) Still, that was funny! Good foreshadowing, too. 

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

XD Thanks! More about Lori later...

mos please let this through

Andre Carlton

I know one thing for sure: squirrels are pure evil. All I wanted to do was give that squirrel some food, and then it attacked me. I guess that’s why they have don’t feed the animals signs up at restaurants and stuff.

Anyway, we’re all back at the hotel now, and Logan offered to toss his football with me. I was thrilled when he asked me. I love football and play all the time with my dad, but I didn’t make the middle-school team because Coach Vander ’Waal hates me.

Logan through another pass and I caught it, throwing a perfect spiral to him.

Logan caught it and chuckled, “Woah, where’d you get so good?”

I shrug, “I play with my dad in our yard.”

Logan throws the football back at me, “Why didn’t you join the team earlier this year? Or last year?”

I catch the pass and just stand there. “I tried,” I mutter.

“What?” Logan asks. Then, he looks like he remembers, “Oh, yeah, I saw you at tryouts last year. Why didn’t you make the team? You were really good. A lot better than Peter Winshall.”

Peter Winshall is the backup kicker, but he really just spends his time on the bench since Adam Ross is great as the kicker. But the reason Coach let Peter on the team over me is one big defining factor: Peter is white, and I’m not.

I don’t say that to Logan though. He wouldn’t understand. Coach Vander ‘Waal loves him. Although, Bryce will always be the star, no matter what he says or does.

I just throw the pass back to Logan, ignoring his question.

“Wonder why you didn’t make the cut,” he murmurs.

“It’s the same reason Bryce hates me,” I say.

Logan scoffs, “Bryce hates everyone. Do you remember what he did to Molly last year? And how he treats anyone who isn’t in one hundred percent agreement in the stuff he does.”

I bristle, “It’s different with me.”

Logan stands there, the ball in his hand, looking lost, “What do you mean?”

I look around to make sure Bryce isn’t around and then tell Logan, “He’s a freaking jerk to me because I’m black.”

Logan’s eyes widen, “Is that why you didn’t make the team? Because Coach Vander ‘Waal is racist?”

I hesitate, then nod. “Have you ever noticed the team consists of only white players?”

Logan thinks for a moment, then nods. “You know, I’m kinda tired now. Let’s head back inside. It’s probably dinner time anyway.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

Yikes. It's good that Logan is turning to the good side, though.

• Posted at:

BRACHA!!!!!

SliGhtLy BonKerS

#FORUMLIVESON

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.

-Lemony Snicket

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yeah, he’s definitely realizing things

Alright, I’ll see everyone on Home Base

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd