How is it?

Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

YOOO So, the official release is tomorrow, but I thought I’d share the synopsis today!

The Adler Middle School annual eighth-grade trip seems like it’s going to be perfect, but when four eighth-graders who have problems at home and at school get grouped together — with a chaperone who has no idea what’s going on half the time — they suddenly have their doubts.

Feeling pressure to fit in from his teammates, LOGAN starts to worry that he’s going to end up like his older brother. MOLLY is a gifted student and a perfect student body president but can’t always handle the pressure her mother puts on her to succeed. ANDRE has always been an outcast but has always been afraid to open up about why. Weird and eccentric, no one really knows the anxiety ALLISON faces everyday.

When this group of students who couldn’t appear more different get grouped together on their field trip, they realize the might not be so different after all.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Something to believe in for even a night

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

YAAAYYYY LUCY YOU RELEASED IT A DAY EARLY YYYYAAAAYYYY I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!!! YYYYAAAAYYYY!!!!

• Posted at:

Bracha

Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread.

Through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.

Front sm

cyclonecandy39

I'm really excited for this!!! Knowing you, this will be amazing!

• Posted at:

Fiona/Elia/☆☆ ɆⱠɆ₵₮Ɽł₵ ʀǟɨռ ☆☆ (Call me any)

Local RP Person! 

I'a Hufflepuff

'Call me a schemer, call me a freak. How can you say that? I'm just... unique.' -Mal (Descendants)

I'm Rotten to the Core

Front sm

agentclue77

Fiona-

Thanks!!

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

YEEEE I’M EXCITED/NERVOUS FOR TOMORROW

Also, I’ll have schedule for this one, so I don’t get ahead of myself: MONDAYS & THURSDAYS (1-2 updates on those days)

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

EEEE! My first update!

We are not alone
Find out when your cover's blown
There'll be somebody there to break your fall
We are not alone
'Cause when you cut down to the bone
We're really not so different after all
After all
We're not alone

-   Karla DeVito (We Are Not Alone)

Day 1

Logan Clark

“Why do they make us get here this early?” Adam asks me as I plop my backpack and duffel bag on the floor next to him. He’s leaning against the window, his beanie pulled over his eyes.

“They just want to cram another day of learning into the trip,” I say, sliding into the seat next to him. “We are only here for four days. There’s only so much time to visit all the dumb museums in LA.”

Adam groans, “Still.”

I watch as more kids piled into the bus. Lucas and Bryce came in, sitting right in front of us.

“Hey,” Lucas says, grinning.

“Hey,” I say. I shoot a glance over at Adam, he’s still half-comatose.

Bryce just waves. Figures.

Andre Carlton boards next, followed directly by Allison Gardner. If there was ever an award given to the least popular eighth-graders in California, it would’ve been given to those two.

Andre is practically the smartest kid in the whole dang school, but he’s just so weird. He rarely ever speaks to anyone and that kid was almost never without a book in his hand.

Maybe he shouldn’t have been carrying his book around today, because he falls and lands face-first on the bus floor. Yikes.

Allison is weird too, just not like Andre. Allison Gardner is…interesting. She’s just so out there that no one really knows what to make of her and just decides to keep their distance. Her crazy frizzy red hair fit her. I glance at where she's sitting in the back. She’s staring out the window now, murmuring quietly to herself. Then, she laughs. It’s things like that that make her a social outcast.

I look out at the window and saw Molly Pearson talking to her mom. It looked like her mom was lecturing her. Probably something like, make sure not to do too much homework on that trip. Molly’s title is basically Overachiever Extraordinaire. She rolls her eyes and makes her way to the bus, climbing the steps and surveying the seats, trying to figure out where she could sit. Unfortunately for the both of us, the only open seat is right behind Adam and me.

She sighs loudly and sits down. That girl did that so often that she could probably win a trophy for best expeller of breath in annoyance. Or something like that.

I can’t believe the two of us ever used to be best friends.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Round 2 and it's awesome!!! 

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Thanks!

mods haven't been letting my updates through...please let this one through

Molly Pearson

“Remember to use this bus ride as an advantage to study. You’ve got final exams coming up.” Andrea says.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, I know she wouldn’t like it if I did. “Mom, this is supposed to be like a break from that. Plus, I’m sure I won’t be able to concentrate on the bus anyways.”

“Well, if you can’t concentrate on the bus, you make time at the hotel to study, you hear me?”

I nod. I don’t want to do that, but I also don’t want to fail the exams and have her read me the riot act afterward.

She turns and gets into the car without hugging me or saying goodbye. After she drives away, I roll my eyes and climb onto the bus. Thanks to Andrea’s lecture, everyone’s already found their seats. Lorelai and Courtney were sitting next to each other, with Blake and Avery sitting together right in front of them, and there are no open seats behind them.

You’d think the student council would save a seat for their president.

“Sit down!” The bus driver shouts, making me jump.

“Sorry,” I murmur and tell myself that I was going to sit in the first seat I found empty.

Unfortunately for me, that seat just so happens to be right behind Logan Clark and his buddy Adam Ross.

Logan and I used to be best friends, way back from when we were about two-years-old all the way to the third-grade. Once we were in third-grade, he suddenly hated me – started hanging out with Adam Ross and Lucas Kavinsky and no longer had room for me. I didn’t mind, though. I didn’t need a friend who’d throw sand at me during recess for literally no reason – and besides, I found that I made much better company than the other kids would’ve offered me. And now at fourteen and nearing the end of eighth grade, I had officially decided he was my enemy. Plus, there was that whole picture incident from seventh-grade, but that’s a story for another day.

I sigh heavily and take my seat behind Logan and Adam, sprawling my bag out next to me, and pull my math book out.

I have to ace this test.

Andre Carlton

Al Capone Does My Shirts is super interesting and I’m right at the scene where Moose’s family is going to find out if his sister got accepted into that special school, but unfortunately, for me, it also means that I'm not exactly looking where I was going.

I’m walking just fine, already headed towards my seat in the back. Then, I feel my foot collide with Bryce Vander Waal’s leg. My book goes flying, my bags go flying, my glasses go flying, I go flying. I land on the nasty bus-floor and everyone bursts out laughing, thinking this was absolutely hilarious.

The only two not laughing are Molly Pearson and Allison Gardner, but I can see Allison trying to hold her laughter back. Although, for all I know, Allison is trying not to crack-up over something completely random.

My face burns as I start to pick myself and my stuff up from the floor. Great. My book landed in gum. At least my glasses didn’t break.

“Watch out there, Midnight,” Bryce hisses at me.

My face burns hotter at that comment and I just keep my head down walking straight to the back.

It’s no wonder that Bryce was Coach Vander Waal’s son. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, I think.

Allison Gardner

The bus is really crowded. I usually hate the bus rides on field trips, and this was no exception. No one sat next to me – not a shocker there – and I’m happy about that. That means I don’t have to interact with anyone for the three-hour bus trip.

I do my best to tune it out, though. I concentrate on the stuff outside my window and whisper quietly to myself. I used to flat-out talk out-loud to myself in public places like this, but my parents told me to stop that. They asked how someone like me who doesn’t like being the center of attention would want to draw it to myself like that. I shrugged because I didn’t know why either.

My therapist said that it was okay if it helped to calm down, I should just try to do it in a low voice.

I want to listen to music, but I know if I did, I’d bust out singing Sincerely Me and I don’t want to do that.

I check my phone. Two-and-a-half hours to go until we arrive in L.A. This is going to be a long trip.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

IT'S SO GOOD!!! I can relate to every single character.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thanks! Characters that feel real are what I try for.

Andre Carlton

My roommate is none other than football all-star, Logan Clark. I don’t really mind. From what I’ve seen of him, he’s a pretty cool guy and doesn’t hang out with the guys like Bryce.

We’re all holed up in the lobby, waiting for the teachers to finish checking everyone in. I’m preoccupied with my book. I’m almost done with it; I’m at the scene where Piper and Teresa and the rest of the kids show up to Natalie’s birthday party. Anyway, I’m so preoccupied that I don’t notice the commotion until Allison Gardner taps my shoulder.

I jump and stare at her. Why is Allison Gardner touching my shoulder?

“Look,” she whispers pointing to where Mr. Fitzgerald and Mrs. Shaw are talking to the concierge.

We’re all listening now. I’ve never seen this many eighth-graders so quiet and focused.

“What do you mean you can’t find the reservation?” Mr. Fitzgerald is asking the concierge.

We don’t hear what the concierge says back to her, but shortly after that Mrs. Shaw comes to where we’re all sitting.

“I’m so sorry for the delay, but we just found out that apparently, our reservation was never made. Mr.–”

“Are we gonna have to sleep in the bus?” One kid pipes up.

“No.” Mrs. Shaw shakes her head. “No. No one is sleeping in the bus,” she says again, louder this time when the kids start buzzing. “Mr. Fitzgerald is making another reservation and making sure that everyone gets a room.”

“What are we going to do until all the rooms are ready?” Someone asks.

Mrs. Shaw checks her watch, “We wait.”

Everyone groans.

“We will wait so you guys can drop all of your stuff off in your rooms,” she says.

Everyone groans again. I’m fine with it. I have my book with me, so I’m fine. Allison gets up all of a sudden and heads to the bathroom.

After about an hour, everyone’s finally given their room keys and told which rooms to go into.

“Boys on the fifth floor, girls on the sixth floor,” Mr. Fitzgerald announces. No one asks for it, but he starts to give a lecture on exactly why the guys and girls were split up like that. “All of you are experiencing thirteen and fourteen-year-old hormones and feelings, and I don’t want any funny business going down between anyone. In fact, if I see a boy on the girl’s floor and vice versa, they will get an immediate punishment.”

Everyone groans once again.

“I mean it,” he warns and leads the boys up to the fifth floor, Mrs. Shaw leading the girls to the sixth floor.

Logan and I are in room 556, right in the middle of the hallway.

“I’m getting the bed closest to the window,” he announces the minute I open the door.

I shrug, “Fine by me.”

He looks at me, both surprised and amused, “So, he speaks.”

I ignore that. I know I hardly talk to anyone at school. It’s not like anyone is lining up to have a conversation with me. It’s fine. My books keep me company.

“I like the one closest to the bathroom anyways,” I tell him.

I do. I have the bladder of a seventy-year-old. In fact, I kinda have to use the bathroom right about now.

Logan chuckles, “Of course you do.”

I hold out my fist, so Logan and I could fist-bump. I’ve always wanted to fist-bump the football all-star. Logan just stares at it for a solid ten seconds and then puts his backpack and duffel bag on his bed.

Okay, then, I think. Maybe he’s not as cool as I thought.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

Ooh it's so so so good! Hmm... Vander Waal? That sounds familiar xp... You know what's strange? (Don't laugh at me please but) in (one of) my fantasy worlds, there's someone named Andre and he's also like this one... 0_0

• Posted at:

BRACHA!!!!!

SliGhtLy BonKerS

#FORUMLIVESON

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.

-Lemony Snicket

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thanks!

So, for the first four days since releasing it, I'll release a chapter every day so we can establish our main characters

Molly Pearson

“Remember to use this bus ride as an advantage to study. You’ve got final exams coming up.” Andrea says.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, I know she wouldn’t like it if I did. “Mom, this is supposed to be like a break from that. Plus, I’m sure I won’t be able to concentrate on the bus anyways.”

“Well, if you can’t concentrate on the bus, you make time at the hotel to study, you hear me?”

I nod. I don’t want to do that, but I also don’t want to fail the exams and have her read me the riot act afterward. I wish Dad were still here. Had he not left when I was a baby, I’m sure he would’ve been the warm and fuzzy parent.

She turns and gets into the car without hugging me or saying goodbye. After she drives away, I roll my eyes and climb onto the bus. Thanks to Andrea’s lecture, everyone’s already found their seats. Lorelai and Courtney were sitting next to each other, with Blake and Avery sitting together right in front of them, and there are no open seats behind them.

You’d think the student council would save a seat for their president.

“Sit down!” The bus driver shouts, making me jump.

“Sorry,” I murmur and tell myself that I was going to sit in the first seat I found empty.

Unfortunately for me, that seat just so happens to be right behind Logan Clark and his buddy Adam Ross.

Logan and I used to be best friends, way back from when we were about two-years-old all the way to the third-grade. Once we were in third-grade, he suddenly hated me – started hanging out with Adam Ross and Lucas Kavinsky and no longer had room for me. I didn’t mind, though. I didn’t need a friend who’d throw sand at me during recess for literally no reason – and besides, I found that I made much better company than the other kids would’ve offered me. And now at fourteen and nearing the end of eighth-grade, I had officially decided he was my enemy. Plus, there was that whole picture incident from seventh-grade, but that’s a story for another day.

I sigh heavily and take my seat behind Logan and Adam, sprawling my bag out next to me, and pull my math book out.

I have to ace this test.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I'm assuming Phil is causing all this funny stuff?

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thanks! Lol great minds think alike.

Also, what the actual heck, Phil?

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Molly Pearson

The chaperones on this trip consist of a group of seniors from the high school. Who were apparently classified as “the best students for this job”. I highly doubt it. I’m sure that even I could do a better job of chaperoning this group of wild fourteen-year-olds than the seniors could, but whatever.

“Alright!” Mrs. Shaw calls out, trying to get everyone to stop messing around in the rows of lampposts. “I’ll be splitting everyone up into groups of four. Blake Jones, Lorelai Hart, Lucas Kavinsky, and Courtney Hall. You will be with–” she points to one of the seniors, “Alexis Ziegler.”

Okay, so I didn’t have to worry about being put with Lucas. Unfortunately, Blake, Lorelai, and Courtney weren’t going to be in my group. It’s okay, I still have Avery and Cory.

“Next is Avery Gilmore, Bryce Vander Waal, Rachel Whitmore, and Adam Ross…you four will be with Derek Irwin.”

It’s…fine. Cory hasn’t been chosen yet.

“Next up is Molly Pearson, Allison Gardner, Andre Carlton…” Allison and Andre are quite odd, but they’re nowhere near as bad as– “…Logan Clark.”

Oh no.

“You guys will be with Randall St. Reynolds.”

I look over at Randall, the guy looks up from his phone, looking lost.

Oh no, no, no.

Randall looks like he doesn’t quite know how to deal with four fourteen-year-olds. He just blinks at us and sneaks a look at the instruction sheet he was given.

Great. Just great. But I tell myself I could tolerate him and Logan until Randall interrupts my thoughts, “It says here that you’re supposed to hold hands with your partner.”

I quickly tell myself that my partner would be Allison, who is currently excitedly inspecting a ladybug that had just landed on her hand.

She gasps. “Look! Look! Make a wish! Make a wish!” She tells Andre, tugging on his arm. Andre looks at her then reluctantly does as she says. She giggles and Andre smiles slightly at her.

I started to walk in her direction to let her know about the holding hands rule when Randall takes my hand, stopping me, and leads me over to Logan, and all at once I’m holding the big, sweaty hand of Logan Clark.

Perfect. Just perfect.

Logan turns to face me, his eyes wide, then he drops my hand. Good. I don’t want to be holding his hand in the first place. Randall just grabs my hand and places it in Logan’s hand again.

I remember in kindergarten – back when we were still best friends – we declared that we were boyfriend and girlfriend we held hands all through recess. Mind you, this was back when we had no idea what the words boyfriend and girlfriend meant. It blew over by the next day.

Holding his hand now just feels so, so different from that.

Logan groans and I sigh loudly. I hope Andrea doesn’t catch wind of this.

I look over at Allison and Andre. Randall waves the ladybug off Allison’s hand who is now staring at him with sad puppy-dog eyes, and then takes each of their hands and places them together. Andre looks mortified at the prospect of having the first girl to hold hands with be Allison Gardner.

I raise my free hand, “Um, Randall?”

He looks up.

“Why can’t I just hold hands with my roommate?” I ask him.

Randall shrugs, “They weren’t specific. I make the rules for you four and I like it better this way.”

I turn to Logan, “Don’t you get any ideas from this.”

He shrugs, “Wouldn’t dream of it.”

This is going to be a long four days.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

You make me exited for Mondays! This is so good! I like the childhood memories ;)

• Posted at:

BRACHA!!!!!

SliGhtLy BonKerS

#FORUMLIVESON

-Lemony Snicket

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thank you! Expect more childhood memories from Logan and Molly ;)

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Logan Clark

First dumb and boring museum on the schedule was the LACMA or how Molly insisted on addressing it – the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Yes, she insisted on saying that mouthful every single time she said something about it.

Zack used to like art.  He was the top student in all of his art classes, and he had a million sketchbooks all over his room. Every year when he’d give me a gift, it was some kind of sketch or painting.

Back before he started…you know.

The first exhibit we decided to look at was the one with the Roman art. Honestly? I don’t see the appeal. It’s freaking weird.

Molly is now staring at one of the paintings, real enthralled. I scoff.

She looks at me, “What?”

“These paintings are so weird. And why is everyone naked?”

She rolls her hazel eyes, “Get over yourself, it’s the culture.”

“Well, it’s weird,” I retort. “If this were a regular picture on the internet, it’d be considered ‘inappropriate’ by all parents and teachers. And here we’re all praising it?”

Molly rolls her eyes again. “Well, what else would you like to look at?”

Allison quietly clears her throat. We look back at her and she points, “That waterfall painting looks cool.”

I sigh, “Finally, something that isn’t naked.”

Molly sighs and follows Allison and Andre to the painting. Allison was right, this one’s pretty cool.

Zack would’ve liked this one.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

aqualoki7

Great so far! Awesome. Andre is kinda like me.

• Posted at:

Blizzard

Gryffindor                

Daughter of Poseidon

Form names:

Evie

Scarlet

Allie

Abcde

I'll miss you guys!! I love you like my family (and that's saying something). Probably won't be able to get on HB with all the bugs in the program.

Front sm

agentclue77

Evie-

Thanks! Glad you were able to relate to him :)

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

Zack's the brother, right? This already makes me sad for Logan... And me

• Posted at:

BRACHA!!!!!

SliGhtLy BonKerS

#FORUMLIVESON

-Lemony Snicket

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yes, Zack’s the brother. More to come with him

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Molly Pearson

Logan is being as annoying as ever today. Everything we saw he just had something to say about it. And not anything intelligent either. It’s all complaining and whining.

After looking at the Roman, Egyptian, and Asian exhibits, Randall – did I mention he spent the whole-time texting? – decides to lead our group into the Modern Art exhibit.

“Finally,” Logan mutters. “Something from nowadays.”

I roll my eyes and resist the urge to pull my hand free from his grasp. I follow Randall up the steps to the paintings.

I hate to admit it, but I don’t understand any of these. I’m absolutely not going to tell Logan that, though, so I decide to pretend to be really interested in a painting that only has one splatter of blue on the giant white canvas.

“Hey,” Logan leans over and whispers. “You know how the artist got this painting like this?”

“What are you talking about?”

Logan continues, “He was all ready to paint something real cool. And then he went like this–” Logan makes a production of fake sneezing, “and then when he did that, it splattered all over it and he thought it looked better that way.”

I can’t help it. I laugh and for a second, it feels like it did back when we were still best friends. I hear Allison cracking up behind us, and Andre snickering beside her, so I figure that they heard Logan.

Logan smiles at me and I smile right back – but let me be clear: I am only smiling at him because I’m still trying to hold in my laughter.

The next painting is…odd. It’s all red with two thick horizontal pink lines and one white line in between. It’s strange how paintings that looked like these could be considered fine art.

“It looks like an ice cream sandwich,” Andre says.

Allison giggles.

“It does,” I say.

After that, I regain my composure. Sure, I accept the fact that I can’t make heads or tales of any of this, but I am not about to give Logan the satisfaction of making me laugh any more than I already had. I do not need him getting cocky and thinking that I think that he was a funny guy.

Randall decides to take us out of there before he gets in trouble for not keeping Logan and Allison quiet. In the exit hallway, we come across a series of sculptures.

Allison gasps excitedly and points to a teal one with purple specks in it that looks like a big blob. “Look,” she squeals. “This one looks like unicorn poop!”

Andre snorts. Logan laughs hard. I roll my eyes. It does look like that, but they are being way too immature about it for my taste. I also don’t want to run the risk of museum security coming in and kicking us out. And me having to apologize for my dimwitted group.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I don't get modern art either, Molly, it's okay. Is it weird that I'm upset at her for not giving everyone the benefit of the doubt? Sometimes the most immature people are the ones who had to grow up too fast and are just trying to hold on to their childhood.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

No, no, no, it’s good, that’s my intention. Don’t worry, Molly will grow as a character as the book goes on.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Alrighty, since the forums are going down, I will make updates as often as possible. And if it isn't completed before everything leaves, I will be uploading the completed story on a site called Quotev. More info on that later.

Andre Carlton

Okay, I admit it, this stuff is awful. The best part so far had been Allison and Logan making jokes about everything. There was an exhibit about contemporary dancing and Allison decided to start following the moves with the screen like she was playing Just Dance. She’d tried to get me to join in too, but there was no way I was doing that. Especially not in front of the likes of Logan Clark and Molly Pearson.

As it was, Molly was rolling her eyes the whole time and Logan looked so legitimately baffled that he just settled on whispering to Molly, “What the heck is wrong with her?” I felt bad for her, but I wasn’t about to join in with her.

Now, we’re in the 3D: Double Vision exhibit. Which…is actually pretty cool.

They have these stations where you can take some 3D glasses for each exhibit that warrants those. Allison has like, three of them on now and keeps squeezing my hand so that she doesn’t trip and fall.

Allison suddenly points excitedly to a guard standing in front of a curtained entryway. “What’s that?” She asks.

Logan shrugs, “Let’s go in.”

Molly shakes her head, “Are you crazy? If we ditch Randall, we are so dead!”

Logan chuckles, “Yeah, like he’s gonna know.” He nods in Randall’s direction – he’s seated on a bench, looking at something on his phone. “Let’s go,” he insists.

Molly bites her lip, looking in Randall’s direction, but before she can make up her mind, he leads her towards the curtained entryway. Molly sighs loudly but doesn’t try and turn back.

Allison looks at me hopefully and I shrug reluctantly, sneaking a glance back at Randall. Allison giggles and runs towards the employee. He hands us two pairs of special 3D glasses and we’re let inside. I spot Logan and Molly sitting on a bench – they let go of each other’s hands and are staring intently at the screen.  Allison leads me towards the very front, plopping herself down on the ground. I let go of her hand and put the 3D glasses on over my regular glasses.

Apparently, they’re showing different clips of 3D movies through the years. They show some really cool ones from mid-twentieth century – like one where a guy was doing a cool ping-pong trick and the one with the floating drink tray. Eventually, we get to the ones from the twenty-first century. They show a clip from the Hugo movie – I like that one, the book was my favorite book in third grade.

I look over at Allison who is grinning at the Monarch butterflies on the screen. Sometimes I wonder why she’s so weird. You know, what’s actually wrong with her, if it’s anything at all. She looks pretty normal staring at the screen right now.

I look back at Molly and Logan. Molly is smiling too. It’s probably the first time I’ve seen her smile. I see her reach out and grasp Logan’s hand, probably not realizing what she’s doing. Logan looks over at Molly and grins slightly. If someone were to see them right now, they wouldn’t believe they were mortal enemies.

Eventually, the clips end and Allison starts applauding.

“That was pretty cool,” I say.

Allison sighs dreamily, still staring at the screen, “It was beautiful.”

I look over at Molly and Logan, about to ask them if they were ready to leave when I see Molly look down at her and Logan’s fingers interwined and quickly pulls her hand away, her face reddening. Logan’s face is turning a light shade of pink. Interesting.

Suddenly, Molly’s eyes widen, and she gasps, “How long were we in here? Randall’s probably looking for us right now!” She grabs Logan’s hand and pulls him out of there.

Allison stares after them, then holds her hand out to me. Reluctantly, I take it and follow Molly and Logan out of the room.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Molly Pearson

“I’m so sorry, Randall!” I cry, rushing over to where he was. I pointed to Logan, “He made me go-”

Randall looked up from his phone, “What are you guys talking about? You’ve been here the whole time.”

Seriously? He was so clueless that he didn’t even realize that we were gone for a whole half-hour?

Logan nodded, “Yes, sir, we have. I have no idea what Molly’s talking about.”

I glared at him. He shrugged.

Randall’s phone buzzes and he clicks on the notification. “Oh, uh, we’re supposed to meet where the giant orange balloon animal statue is.” He looks confused even as he’s reading the text. “Let’s go.” He stands up and starts walking towards the exit.

It’s not too difficult to find the giant statue. It really does look like a giant balloon animal. I spot the rest of the eighth-grade there.

Lorelai and Blake rush over to me. I quickly let go of Logan’s hand before they could take note of who I was with and rush over to them. Lorelai hugs me, “I wish you were in our group! Lucas is so annoying.”

Blake nods, “Did you have to hold hands with anyone in your group? I had to hold Lucas’s hand and it was the most humiliating experience of my life. At least Lorelai got Courtney.”

I nod.

“Was Allison weird to hold hands with?” Lorelai asks.

I shrug, “I didn’t have to hold hands with her.”

“Andre, then?” Blake asks. “Did he even utter a single word to you?”

I nod, “I think he said like, two sentences max.” I shake my head, “But, uh…it wasn’t him either.”

Blake and Lorelai’s eyes widen, realization slowly dawning on them.

“You had to hold hands with Logan Clark?” Lorelai asks.

I nod feebly. “Unfortunately.”

I don’t mention that when we were watching the 3D clips, I grabbed his hand voluntarily without even realizing it because I just know that they’re going to get the wrong idea. Because believe me, if I had known I was doing it, I would’ve stopped immediately.

Eventually, Mrs. Shaw announces that we’re going to stop her lunch in the Museum Café and that we all need to follow her.

Sigh. Back to holding Logan’s hand again. For a second, I’m almost hoping they won’t notice I’m gone, but then Randall grabs my arm and leads me to Logan again, who’s hands are stuffed in his pockets. He spots me next to him and groans.

“We don’t have to-” I start to say, but then I hear Mrs. Shaw call, “Molly Pearson! Please hold your partner’s hand.”

I sigh loudly and reluctantly take Logan’s hand again.

I can’t wait to get back to the hotel.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Oh man... This is really good.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thank you

mods please let this through!

Allison Gardner

I’m doing pretty okay today. My hands are getting sweaty and shaky, though, and I hope Andre isn’t taking note of that.

Mrs. Shaw tells us that we have to sit with our groups for lunch. I didn’t mind. It’s not like I had any plans to sit with anyone else.

Molly sighs and gets in line with her student council friends, and Logan goes and stands with his football friends. Andre pulls his book out and gets in line.

I don’t move. My eyes start surveying the crowd. The whole eighth grade has to be here – except Piper and Calvin Gallagher since their mom didn’t sign the permission slip. Everyone’s talking all at once, all the sounds blending together into one buzz.

And then I feel it. My chest hurts, and I can feel myself start to breathe faster. I try to remember what my therapist, Dr. Baker, said when the panic started. What did she call it? I try to remember. Was it…grounding? Yeah, I think so.

Grounding was a calming tactic. I basically look around trying to find something that corresponds with each of the five senses. At least one thing that I can see, one thing that I can hear, something I can feel, taste, and smell. It usually works, thankfully.

After a few more deep breaths, I manage to calm myself down enough to stand in line with the rest of the kids for my food.

I put my earbuds in and listen to the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack. It’s my favorite soundtrack that keeps me distracted enough. Mom and Dad had taken me to see the play last year. The play means a lot to me too, as someone who can relate to Evan so well.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Logan Clark

Lucas nudges me, “What’s she doing?” He points to Allison sitting at our table. She’s sitting on her hands, breathing hard – like she just finished warm-ups at practice or something – and looking around, her eyes fixating on certain things.

I shrug.

“Hey,” Bryce says, “how’s touring the museum with Stuck-up Girl and the Freaks.”

I shrug again. I couldn’t tell them that Allison and Andre weren’t that bad. Allison was honestly kind of entertaining. But I know I’m not supposed to like them if the rest of the team doesn’t.

I decide to settle on, “I’m just trying to ignore them.”

Lucas nods, “Same. They made me hold hands with Blake Jones. He’s the most stuck-up person I’ve ever met. If you guys thought that award went to Molly, think again.”

Now, Molly was as annoying as ever. At least I didn’t get partnered up with Lori Ferguson. After what she did to me last summer, I don’t think I could handle holding her hand.

“That sucks, Man,” Adam says. “I got to hold hands with Rachel Whitmore. She’s nice and she’s pretty.”

“Hey, Clark, who’d you have to hold hands with?” Bryce asks me.

I try to shrug it off and ignore his question. “So, what’re you thinking of getting, Lucas?”

Now, Lucas stares at me with the same interest as Bryce. “Who did you have to hold hands with, Man?”

“No one,” I scoffed.

Adam raised an eyebrow, “No one?”

Bryce grins, “Oh, I see. It was Psycho Girl, wasn’t it?”

“No!” I say way too quickly.

“Oh, then who was it?” Bryce pries.

“Was it Molly?” Lucas asks.

I sneak a glance at where Molly was standing with her stuck-up friends. But that glance betrays me.

“Oh, you held hands with her?” Bryce scoffs. “At least she’s hot.”

I bristle, “She’s not that hot.” I try to ignore the memory of me at the age of six, telling Mom and Dad that she was the prettiest girl I’d ever met.

Bryce laughs but leaves it at that. I try to ignore the sudden rush of heat to my cheeks.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

XD they're all crushing on each other! I love your characters! (white text) 

which is just another way of saying i love you

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thank you :3...Yeah, Logan’s definitely crushing on Molly. He’s kinda confused about it, but he’ll figure it out

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

dragonflying601

Above this point, this topic has been archived in the Wayback Machine.

• Posted at:

<♔ ~Leo~ ♔>

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down

I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out

I am brave, I am bruised

I am who I'm meant to be, thi is me

They/them.

#SkylarEmeraldCarmenZoeyDanielLiveOn

#PutIRBack

Front sm

proudcat90

Thanks, Leo.

• Posted at:

BRACHA!!!!!

SliGhtLy BonKerS

#FORUMLIVESON

-Lemony Snicket

Front sm

agentclue77

Leo-

:)

Andre Carlton

After lunch, Mrs. Shaw announces that from here, we’re going to walk right over to the La Brea Tar Pits, which are about a block from here. I’m kind of excited. I’ve never been before. Every time my family comes to LA, we go to the Science Center, and occasionally, The Last Bookstore (which is freaking awesome for book lovers).

Mrs. Shaw says that we won’t have enough time to go inside the actual museum, but we could still see the actual tar pits outside. I was disappointed about the museum, but I was still excited to see the tar pits.

Mrs. Shaw leads our group to the fenced-in pit with the big mammoth statue and explains, “Now, the stuff you see here is not actual tar. They put water to simulate what it may have looked like.”

I’m interested, and I can see that Molly is too. Allison, on the other hand, is very interested in wrapping a loose thread from her shirt around her finger, making it turn purple. I cringe.

I’m just listening to Mrs. Shaw explain how the animals would get lured into the tar trying to get food, when I hear Logan mutter, “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

I follow his gaze and see Bryce Vander Waal getting Adam Ross to lift him up and over the fence, his leg swinging over one side and falling hard on the other side. He flashes Adam a thumbs up.

Molly sees him, and her eyes widen. She raises her hand, “Mrs. Shaw! Bryce climbed over the fence!”

Mrs. Shaw turns around and sees Bryce running towards the body of water. “Bryce Vander Waal!” She calls. “Get back here this instant!”

Bryce shrugs and continues making his way to the pond.

Mr. Fitzgerald attempts to jump the fence, banging his knee at the top and tumbling down to the floor. At least he made it over. Mrs. Shaw, Molly, and the rest of the student council rushes to the fence to make sure he’s okay.

“I’m fine,” he assures us and gets up, grunting, and takes off after Bryce.

Here’s a list of what happens after that:

1.    While trying to catch up to Bryce, Mr. Fitzgerald trips, taking both him and Bryce down.

2.    The two of them fall into the water pit.

3.    At least three security guards come rushing to see if they’re okay.

4.    After making sure that they didn’t break anything and don’t have any serious injuries, they kick us out.

I’m disappointed. I really, really wanted to see the observation pit.

After that whole debacle, Mrs. Shaw comes over and announces that we should be heading back to the hotel anyway.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

So, this hasn't been let through, so I'm gonna try one last time

Logan Clark

“Dude, that was awesome!” Adam tells Bryce on the bus, after the whole fence jumping incident.

Bryce grins, “Yeah. It was pretty awesome.”

I roll my eyes but don’t say anything. Yeah, it was great that we got to head to the hotel early, but Bryce was an idiot to climb the fence. And what was he even gonna do? Screw around until someone caught him? Probably.

I’d never admit it to Molly, but I’m grateful that she decided to be her tattletale self right then.

Zack was always mad that jocks got a bad rep for just a couple idiots on the team. He told me one day that he came back from some party with his friends, back when I was just a little sixth-grade twerp.

He’d come home angry that day.

“What happened?” I asked him after dinner after Mom and Dad had finished peppering him with questions.

Zack was laying on his bed, staring straight up at the ceiling, “A couple of the guys got caught with dr*gs.”

My eyes widened, “They did?”

Zack nodded. “God, this is why everyone thinks high school jocks are always using dru*s. It sucks that jocks get a bad rep just because two or three of the guys decide to be idiots.”

I’d nodded. I wasn’t on the middle school football team yet – they don’t let you play in sixth-grade – but I nodded anyway, not really knowing what he was talking about.

That was back before he became one of those two or three idiots.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Poor Andre. I wouldn't want to miss that either :(

Oh, man. Did Zack... did he... uh-oh. Uh-oh

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

It went through!

Bracha-

Yeah, I can say that after the events of this book, Andre does get to see the museum part. Did Zack? You'll see.

Molly Pearson

We’re back at the hotel, and Mrs. Shaw and Mr. Fitzgerald are trying to order pizzas for everyone. At least I get to be back with the student council.

“Can you believe Bryce?” Lorelai asks. “I still can’t believe he got us kicked out.”

I nod. “I knew he was an idiot, but I didn’t think he was that big of an idiot.”

Blake nods, “I’m surprised his buddies Logan and Lucas didn’t join in.”

I nod again. When I looked at Logan, trying to see if he was proud of his friend for being an idiot, he just looked exasperated, like he couldn’t believe Bryce would do something like this.

Well, he should’ve known that his friends were idiots. Does he think I don’t remember who put that picture up on the screen during the football game last year?

“Adam helped him get over the fence,” Courtney chimed in.

We talk some more about how awful it is that we aren’t in the same group and Blake whines some more about having to hold Lucas’s hand.

As we’re talking about this, I can’t help but feel just a little bothered by the stuff they’re saying about my group. Honestly, they aren’t terrible. Even Logan – annoying as he is – isn’t exactly the terrible jerk I remember him being.

I quickly push those thoughts to the side.

“Hey, what’s going on over there?” Lorelai asks, peering over my shoulder.

I turn around and see three guys getting arrested by the police – with, yes, pizza boxes in hand.

“That can’t be–” Mrs. Shaw starts and she and Mr. Fitzgerald go over to the policemen and the three other men.

After some talking to the police, Mrs. Shaw comes over and explains that what ended happening was the “pizza place” they ordered from was actually just three guys making pizzas in the back of their van, who didn’t have the proper permits to be selling food.

I guess this is why you check where you’re ordering from before you place your order.

“I can’t believe they just ordered illegal pizzas,” Allison whispers to no one in particular.

“We’re sorry, everyone,” Mrs. Shaw announces. “Maybe we can try and find something in the hotel food court.”

I sigh and roll my eyes at Lorelai as if to say, Can you believe this?

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

aqualoki7

Totally, Absolutely, AWESOME!!!!!

• Posted at:

Blizzard

Gryffindor                

Daughter of Poseidon

Form names:

Evie

Scarlet

Allie

Abcde

I'll miss you guys!! I love you like my family (and that's saying something). Probably won't be able to get on HB with all the bugs in the program.

Front sm

butterflyamber887

What Blizzard said. SO GOOD!!! Molly's starting to come around, I like that. Also that pizza thing sounds like something that would actually happen to my school XD 

• Posted at:

Bracha

1 ,