Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Branch: Ekaterina

@Carla: Yeah, he's writing "Day of Doom", that's why I started reading one of his books. I finished it yesterday, and let me tell you, he's good at surprises. "Day of Doom" will definitely be an interesting read. I suppose I'd consider the first 'curse word' that was used in TNO as swearing, but probably not the others. It's not really that startling - the series is NOT written for seven-year-olds. Oh, you're reading "The Hobbit"? Yeah, I read that in year 7 (2011) 'cause we had to do a novel study in English and they made the whole grade read it. It was pretty good. Have you read the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy? I haven't, but I really want to! From what I've heard, they're really good. And I want to see the movies, too. There are a lot of things I want to do. Got some of them done today - it took all day, and a LOT of help from my sister, but I finally cleaned out my wardrobe and drawers. It may seem to be nothing, but I filled five big garbage bags with stuff to throw away. I've wanted to do it for ages. Mission accomplished. :)
I've started planning out a second book. I haven't finished the first, and this one I'm planning is completely unrelated, but I really want to start it. I think it's going to be good (probably a biased opinion, but anyways). I don't know if this whole publishing thing is going to work out. Probably not. Might as well add it to the bucket list.
Rabbits are the scariest? Really? Wow. A dead rat freaked you out that much? I suppose a decomposing rodent IS pretty gross. I've never actually seen a rat. We get them here (at school, apparently they're always around, with cockroaches, yuck) but I've never seen one in real life. I'm not sure I want to. Bugs freak me out. I'm not even kidding when I say I almost screamed when a cricket jumped on my leg in my bedroom a couple of weeks ago. We seem to get them in my house a lot... Kinda gross. Oh yeah, and spiders. They terrify me. But let's not talk about that.
Hi-five to living in iceboxes! *virtual hi-five* Yeah, it's only like that for me in winter. Gets pretty bad. The closest mountains to me are the Blue Mountains. They're ages away, though. It still gets pretty cold here in winter. I haven't ever seen snow, though. Add that to my list, too. The weather has settled down now. It's funny though - two days ago, it was searing hot. Yesterday, it was pouring rain. Now there's a light breeze and sunshine. This country is weird... You started a fire?? O.O wow. I've always wondered how to do that. Yeah, people are pretty stupid setting fires. It makes me want to kill them. The guy who lives over my back fence always burns stuff in his backyard. I don't know what or why, but I can always smell the smoke when he's burning (and as an asthmatic that's not a good thing) and sometimes I'm freaked he's gonna set his yard on fire and then my house is gonna burn down... The bushfires are still  burning in some places. 30 houses were burned down just today. I really hope it stops soon. Yeah, Queensland had some pretty bad floods last summer, I think it was. We get natural disasters every year. Bushfires and floods are the most common. We get rare cyclones and earthquakes, too. They aren't common at all, but when we do get them they're pretty bad. There was the Newcastle earthquake, Cyclone Tracey, the Black Saturday bushfires...they're only three. It can get pretty bad. Where I am, though, it's okay. 

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Some notes about me:

- The name is Sam. Female.

- I write, read, and apparently am good at maths and other school stuff.

- I'm 16, and in Year 12.

- I'm Australian.

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. - Bill Gates

CLASSIFIED

@Sam: well I'm glad he's a good writer then! I haven't even read TNO yet though... I ordered it from Amazon along with a bunch of other books but the delivery's been delayed forever. Technically the series is written for 8-12 year olds lol. But I think most people on here are like 13 and older. I haven't read Lord of the Rings but I got the trilogy for Christmas. I'll read them after The Hobbit. And I want to watch the movies too! Congrats on your wardrobe lol :)
I'm still planning my book. I've got the two main characters down and I'm working on the third main character. I have bits and pieces of the plot but I need to put it all together. I really want to start writing it but I have to plan first!! Aghhh.
Oh I've seen rats and mice and stuff. I live in a suburbean area but it's like in the mountains sort of. It's hard to explain. We're ten minutes away from the city but we're sort of in the mountains. It's weird okay. So because of that once or twice mice have sneaked into the living room or the garage. I also saw a decomposing rabbit if that helps lol. There's tons of cockroaches at my school too. You don't see them that often, only once in a while but YOU KNOW THEY'RE THERE. It's disgusting. Once a huge hairy spider (okay probably not huge for Australia standards, but for my standards) sneaked into my garage too. My dad caught it in a jar and took it away... We get a lot of little bugs around my house. Mostquitoes, fruit flies, flies (if the windows are left open too long), spiders...stuff like that. No crickets though, we don't have those. Or firelies unfortunately. I love fireflies!!
*responds to virtual high-fiv* go iceboxes! Where I live it's ALL mountains and beaches. The rest is just the little land that there is between the mountains and the beach. But wherever you are here you're going to be able to see either a mountain or a beach. Or both sometimes, depending on where you are. Not very big mountains though. I think the tallest one is like 1949 meters. But it gets cold up there, like 1ºC or so in winter.

• Posted at:

Front sm

elfprincess6

aka RubyDancing17

Branch: Janus

WOW.  That's all I have to say.  Keep writing!

Maddie
  • Posted at:

elfprincess6 aka RubyDancing17

On silver necklaces they strung

The flowering stars, on crowns they hung

The dragon-fire, in twisted wire

They meshed the light of moon and sun

~The Hobbit

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

@Carla: you haven't read it yet? I thought you had! See, that's why I don't get books off Amazon. I either buy them at QBD (closest bookstore to me) or now that I've got an e-reader I just buy them on Kobo as e-books. I should buy "Lord of the Rings". Like, right now. I might when I finish this reply. I'm reading TNO again 'cause I haven't got any new books anymore. 8-12 year-olds, pfft. I don't think an 8 year old is going to take well to people dying and being kidnapped and blackmailed all over the joint. That's odd. It ought to be 13 and up or something. 
I know what you mean, wanting to just start writing. I'm taking it seriously this time. Plan BEFORE write. Not write as I plan. I should probably finish the book I'm already in the middle of. That would be wiser. I still have to plan that one, too! You see my problem? Okay. I will finish the in-progress novel first. THEN tackle this new idea. That makes sense.
Decomposing rabbit?! Eww. Just...yuck. I'm in a suburban area, too, but we don't get mice in my house. Other houses do, but not mine. It's weird. The mountains are probably a couple of hours away from me, but the city is an hour by car. Trains are faster, but it still takes a while. I'm an hour or two away from the beach, too. We usually only ever see cockroaches at my school in summer, or when some idiot leaves old food in their locker. Or when some other idiot spills food in the locker room. Seeing a bug is not a problem. It becomes a problem when it disappears. LOL. My house gets flies, mosquitoes, spiders, crickets, beetles, and moths. Oh, and really small lizards. It's usually only in the summer that we get bugs, though. You don't have crickets? I think we have fireflies, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one. Huge hairy spider? Yuck. How huge? There was once a huge redback in my sister's room and my dad trapped it in a jar and it was going crazy in there. We had a blue-tongue lizard in my backyard once, too. We had to get a guy to come out and take it away - you know, like exterminators? Except they don't kill it? I can't remember what it's called, there's this company you call when you see stranded wildlife here and they come and take it and make sure it's healthy and then release it into the wild again. I can't remember the name of it... Knowing my luck, I'll remember it as soon as I submit this. LOL.

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- I'm Australian.

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Wanted to say hi! And bump!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

indigowatching1 aka WritingArt2

aim4good

Check it out: http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/23666

CLASSIFIED

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The suspense is KILLING me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Branch: Lucian

@Carla - Hi. Just wanted to take a sec and let you that I'm still breathing and all. I'm thinking you might be in "Holland" (isn't it technically The Netherlands?), so I'll actually write something of worth soon. I have to think of something to say first - haven't been up to much, really. Hope you are well - not too stressed with school and all. Sorry your books have been delayed - that really stinks. GTG. lj George I've been spending a lot of time on Goodreads lately to find good books to read, going on the MBs, taking trivia quizzes. Mostly just looking around, not actually participating much yet. It's a nice site to visit!
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

of the eternal life to which you were called

when you made the good confession

before many witnesses." 

I Timothy 6:12

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

More as soon as you can! Please!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Please write more soon!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Carla! I'm not going to assume that you are in the hospital or something this time. Just taking a break. Please let me know when you are back!!! I miss you! George
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!

Where have you gone?
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

@Carla - Yes, I agree - where have you gone? You weren't gone this long the last time, were you? I have two new fantastic books for you. Origin by Jessica Khoury (a lone standing book) and Crewel (first in a trilogy) by Gennifer Albin. I couldn't put either one down. And I just finished reading Prodigy, the sequel to Legend by Marie Lu. Great book. You will cry. I read Day of Doom a while ago, of course. I was disappointed in it for a lot of reasons. Others were, too, and others thought it was "the bomb". I really expected so much more from David Baldacci, but I think maybe he didn't put much effort into it since it was his first "kid's book" or something. I wish he'd tell us, anyway. I hope you come back soon. I thought maybe you were just off to The Hague or something and would be back. I hope you get back to us before you travel all over Europe for the summer!!! You are keeping up with the progress of THG movie #2, right? Countdown and all? The few posters I've seen are cool. I am missing you. George
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

Front sm

officerjade14

aka OfficerJade4

Bump.
  • Posted at:

officerjade14 aka OfficerJade4

Name: Aimee

P44W6F2GXP

CLASSIFIED

OKAY HELLO EVERYONE

Yes I'm not dead or anything. I'm sorry I keep leaving for so long without saying anything. But really, I'm fine, I just have stuff to do and I forget about the MB or lose interest in it. First I was in the Netherlands, then a few weeks later I was in Germany, lots of school work, projects and exams in the middle... stuff. But it's okay, I'm sorry I left without saying anything. I'll doubt I'll be on here much from now on, but every so often I'll pop in to say hi. Maybe I'll come in later and type up more stuff. Or maybe I won't. I don't really know. Stuff's complicated right now.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

lightningthief5

aka LightningCatacombs1

CARLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE VESPERS DIDN'T GET YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been checking you're posts for soooooo long!!! I knew you'd have to come back SOMETIME. The guilt would force you to... XD I've TOTALLY been slacking off on writing. (Just gonna say that now) Not entirely my fault, but still. (Have you?) What place did you get in that writing compitition, by the way? You said you found out in February I think. I read The City of Bones! I liked it, but I do think it's a bit exactly like Star Wars... I haven't gotten to read the next one yet, but I still plan to. :P Have you read The Dragon Queen? I'm a bit more than half way throught it, but it's pretty good. I get what you mean about losing interest and being busy and stuff... And traveling would make it extremely hard to come on... Anyway, I hope you post again soon! C'ya! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Posted at:

☮

>O

Psych-O

Tick tock

WORLDS)(COLLIDE

A C-H-A-I-N Reaction of Compassion

Whatever floats your boat...Or sinks your Titanic.

You feed the MADNESS and it feeds on you

The prince fought valiantly.

He slayed the dragon.

The princess cried for days.

She loved that dragon.

-The stories fairytales don't tell

Front sm

awesomeninja30

aka CobraRed30

CARLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU AREN'T DEAD!!!!!!!!!!

*Throws party* *streamers fly everywhere*

:D :D :D I understand about having stuff to do and everything, but it looks like you've traveled a lot! And lots of school work.... I'm shuddering at the mention of school :P So is everything okay, and all? Need to throw you a big party on another thread? That would be fun.  
  • Posted at:

AwesomeNinja30 aka CobraRed30

"You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you."

A Chain Reaction of Compassion

Former LuciaLeader

~Jessica

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Oh my god, Carla! You're alive! :D I was wondering where you'd disappeared to... That's cool, if stuff's heavy for you then by all means take some time to get it all sorted. Just make sure you check in every so often, please. Even if it's only, like, once a month. Don't disappear!! It's great to hear from you, don't drop away again!!

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- I'm Australian.

Front sm

fieryninja10

aka AgentLucian110

@Carla, Hey girl! Where you been? You do remember me don't you? How have you been? For a while, I thought you'd quite the MB. Your Chatroom is practically dormant. I just found this topic and saw it was by you. I haven't read your story yet, but I'll get around to it. :)
  • Posted at:

fieryninja10 aka AgentLucian110

Agent NateChristian, Homeschooled, Pianist, Guitarist, Skillet Fan

"Piano is not just for girls, it's for tough guys." John Cooper

"Rule#9 Never go anywhere without a knife." Agent Gibbs

Front sm

fairydragon282

aka AmethystDragon519

Awesome story. Can't waight to read the rest. Pleasse post!!!!!!!! 

from N

• Posted at:

The trouble with an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth is that everyone ends up blind and toothless.

I am proud of being called a bookworm.

Walk by faith Not by sight

Front sm

awesomebeliever11

aka ClassifiedPink2

Branch: Tomas

CAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA CARLA!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've missed you so so so so so so sooooooooooo much!!! I can't believe you're here!!!!!!!! :D Anyway, how are you??? Hope you're ok and that you're doing well at school! :) 
  • Posted at:

Every revolution begins with a spark...

The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand.

No one is a victor by chance

I’ll Never forget you, Mahin.

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

sagawriter14

aka AmethystChurch2

CAAARLAAAA! As everyone else has very kindly pointed out, you are obviously not dead. That's a relief. Hope you're doing well!

-Kelly
  • Posted at:

Demons run, but count the cost

The battle's won, but the child is lost

When a good man goes to war

topics/82106

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Please come back to this story!!!!!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

BUmp!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Please at least say hello again!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

bluefairy391

aka BlackBlue105

that was funny 
  • Posted at:

bluefairy391 aka BlackBlue105

What I am trying to show : Love (no not the mushy kind), Joy, peace, patients, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and selfcontrole.

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

@Carla - Hi. Just hoping that you will stop by someday. Just hoping that neither you nor your family was on the train that crashed in Spain and killed at least 80 people. I know you're traveling through Europe this summer, so maybe you weren't even home. I haven't been on this site either. They have only had three games in forever in spite of saying they would be getting us new games ages ago. They are all about this spirit animals crap, so they've been censoring everything I try to write on there. Just plain don't even post anything. My last post was one word, and it didn't get posted. Guess they haven't heard of the First Amendment. I'm fine except for being lonely, bored, and frustrated. C'est la vie. George (I'm 14 now. Meh.)
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

CLASSIFIED

ummm... hi... carla... thats your name, right?
ummm, well this is akward...im back? yay 
  • Posted at:

Front sm

moonlighthunter5

aka AmazingDolphin49

Bookmarking
  • Posted at:

moonlighthunter5 aka AmazingDolphin49

Some are born GREAT.

Some achieve GREATNESS.

And some have GREATNESS thrust upon them.

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Hello!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

osirisphoenix39

aka TopazDragon105

bookmarking
  • Posted at:

Cali.   6

r e m n a n t

o f

a n o t h e r

t i m e

Your identity is valid ll Firebirds forever!

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Please return!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

1 , 2 , 3 ... , 9 ,