Front sm

wolfdreamer11

aka AgentDreamer92

Branch: Janus

@Carla- I've seen those books. We were reading the "City of Bones" in book club, but I never got to read it. I heard it was good though. I wanna read "I am Number Four", but I haven't had the time to check our library. I will when we get back. Now I'm in the middle of reading: "13 Little Blue Envelopes", "The Five Flavors of Dumb", "Grave Mercy" and "The Iron King". I am in the middle of the first 3, and I have had the Iron King for months, but I have been checking out book left and right so I have had to try and read them first. I'm glad you are continuing your story. It is awesome!!! This is one of my first stories that I started to read when I first started! I went and looked at all of my posts and this is my first one I wrote on. I can't wait to read more!!
~Kayla 
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

I love wolves! I mean they're awesome!

Soccer's amazing! I got kneed in the jaw!

Tiger's are my favorite feline

And I'm a Christian :)

*interviewer raises hand* Why are you bouncing on a ball while answering?

*stops bouncing* I never said I was sane.

Front sm

awesomeninja30

aka CobraRed30

Branch: Lucian

Yay!!!! You're working on another chapter!!!!! XD XD XD
  • Posted at:

AwesomeNinja30 aka CobraRed30

"You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you."

A Chain Reaction of Compassion

Former LuciaLeader

~Jessica

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Branch: Ekaterina

Carla-
I know it's taken me like a week to reply, so I apologise. I seriously think that you should consider publishing a book. Not this one (although it would be awesome!) because its now on the Internet and therefore anyone could see and steal it, so that would be unfair to you. But you'd be a great author! Your stories are always so good :) Glad you've got a break coming up! Considering how long it took me to reply, it's probably already started, hasn't it? I can't believe it's Christmas tomorrow!! It doesn't feel like it, where did the year go?? How does the whole freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior year thing work? Like which is what year? It all confuses me . . . Here, we just call it year 8, year 9, etc. I'll be in year 9 next year, I can't believe it, I still remember being in kindergarten . . .Whoa, that's a lot of tests! Good luck to you with all of that! And what's a senior room? I feel so daft, I know nothing about your education and all the weird words and stuff . . . LOL. 

-Sam

PS: Hate you? How could anyone hate you? Just go at your own pace, it's cool :) 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- The name is Sam. Female.

- I write, read, and apparently am good at maths and other school stuff.

- I'm 16, and in Year 12.

- I'm Australian.

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. - Bill Gates

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

A late Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

@Carla - Sorry I've been away for so long. You know how it is when you have tests and reports right before the holidays. I did write you this long message, and I pressed one button, don't know which one, and it was gone! So, I'm writing all of my lengthy messages on word first, then transferring them here. We're with family now. We gave my cousin about 15 books from a thrift store (good books, though) at Thanksgiving and she hasn't even finished the first one!!! And we just gave her about 10 new books for Christmas. I'm so very surprised! She has to read a certain amount every day for school and I have no idea what she is reading. I put a lot of effort into finding good books for her. She's so very smart (she's 7) and the family has so many books and is always reading that I just figured she'd become a big reader. I'll have to pray for her to have that desire, I guess.

I got six books for Christmas - all Christian ones that I'd asked for. And I have about 25 other books at home that I haven't read because I've been reading library books. I took about 12 unread books back to the library on Monday. I have 5 library books at home and when I'm finished with them, I'm going to catch up on my own books before I get back to the library books. I just finished a trilogy by Allie Condy - Matched, Crossed, Reached. Really awesome. I think you'd like it. A romantic dystopian with 16 year olds. It's been pretty popular. Have you heard of it? I'm reading Words by Ginny Yttrup. I have Unwholly - the sequel to Unwind by Neal Shusterman. Did you like that book? Anyway, I am sure you did well on all of your tests. Did you get your PSAT's back yet? I saw the list of tests you might have to take to get into college! It seems amazingly and overwhelmingly unnecessary! I thought if you went to a 4 year college you only had to take the SAT. WOW! I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas and holiday from school!!! TTFN and lj. George I also was overwhelmed with sadness over the shooting of all of those little children and educators at Sandy Hook Elementary school almost two weeks ago. It was hard to do much of anything with all of that sadness inside of me. I think you must have heard about it because the story went worldwide. I'll have a lengthy message for you soon!!!   
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

of the eternal life to which you were called

when you made the good confession

before many witnesses." 

I Timothy 6:12

CLASSIFIED

@George: merry Christmas!! I hope you had a good one :) I got 9 books for Christmas, and my sister got a bunch of them (including Shatterproof and The Mark of Athena [from the Percy Jackson books]) that I want to read too. Neither of us got "Trust No One" though, it came out too recently for it to get here. Maybe for Three Kings Day in January we'll get it. I also got this makeup kit thingy, a new camera (my old one mysteriously broke at camp this summer), a pyjama, a winter/snow hat (idk what you call those) and this little stuffed animal thingy that is soooo adorable. Recently I've finished reading "Th1rteen R3asons Why" which was so sad :( and "The False Prince" which was pretty good but kinda predictable. Now I'm halfway through "Death Cure" (from the Maze Runner trio) which was one of the books I got for Christmas. Next up I think I'll read "Shatterproof" and then "The Hobbit" because I want to watch the movie while it's still in the cinema but I refuse to watch the movie without reading the book first. I still have 3 books left from summer to read too ("Monument 14", "Unwind" and "Shipbreaker") so in all when I finish "Death Cure" I'll still have 11 books to read, plus 2 (at least) from my sister. Hmm... I've heard of the Matched trilogy by Allie Condy. Maybe I'll get it for summer (next time I'll be able to buy books). Oh and I have "Great Expectations" and "A tale of two cities" by Dickens to read too, unfortunately in ebook format (but hey, they were free if you got them as ebooks).
I love winter break :) The first day of the break (the 22nd) I went ice skating with my dad, sister, step-sister and her fiancée (they're getting married in June!! FINALLY. So excited about going to a wedding!) and then I had lunch out in a restaurant with my sister (everyone else left off to somewhere) followed by a couple hours of Christmas shopping which is super fun. And yesterday I went out for lunch with my sister again (McDonald's this time, nothing fancy. My mom was kinda mad we spent 34€ at a restaurant and all we ate were french fries, chicken nuggets, a burger and dessert. And then I left a 3€ tip cause I'm stupid and didn't remember you just don't do that in Spain) and then ice skating for a second time. In the afternoon I went to the movies to watch Les Miserables. OH.MY.GOSH. I loved that movie. It was beautiful! And so sad too :( I cried, not even ashamed. Seriously, WATCH IT WATCH IT WATCH IT WATCH IT. I always wanted to see the musical in a theater, but this was almost as good. The music was beautiful and everyone had great singing voices and the scenery asddfghjkl!! It was amazing. I highly recomend it. I thought it was slightly odd though (although convenient for me) that instead of translating the songs into Spanish they just left the original voices in English and put subtitles. Since 95% of the movie was told through songs, people who don't know English must've spent the whole time reading subtitles. I'm glad they did it that way though because the meaning would've gotten lost in translation and this way I could listen to it in English. I just think it has to be annoying if you don't know English though (and most people here don't). Anyways: Les Mis. WATCH IT. NOW.
Well, my school has my PSAT results, but they haven't given them to the students yet. They wanted to give us a quick lesson on how to interpret the results (it's weird on the PSATs) to know how well we did, but we didn't have time because of the final exams so we didn't get our PSATs. We'll get them in January I suppose. I was told I did great though. My teacher (the one who's in charge of the PSATs and SATs and college counseling and all that) told me I'd done great especially in the English part (I'm not expecting the same greatness from the Math part) and in writing. She said I had like a 99 in writing and that it was one of the top grades of the world or something. I have to admit I was pretty surprised seeing as I thought I'd done horrible on those exams, but I guess writing so much in my free time pays off! And that SAT course I took at summer camp must've helped too. Then my school principal went and congratulated my mom on my results and said I'd done great on everything (I'm still having doubts about Math). So I'm really happy about that and I can't wait to see my PSATs!
Okay let me explain. Exams I'm going to take before college: SAT, TOEFFL, many APs, CAE, CPE, DELF (idk if I'll do DELF A2 or B1). Technically you only need SATs to get into college, you're right about that. BUT the more tests you take, the better chance of being accepted into a better college (assuming you get good grades on them of course). I have to take TOEFFL because I'm from a non-English speaking country though, and they want to make sure I can speak English. But the TOEFFL is like B1 or B2 level English so I don't even have to study for it, it's baby English. The CAE and CPE I'm not worried about either, they're both official English exams by Cambridge University (Certificate Advanced English, and Certificate Proficiency English). My sister already took both of them, and I took the FCE (First Certificate in English) last year and it was super easy. The hardest is the CPE, which is the Proficiency one, (C2 level I think) but my sister told me it was still easy. Then the APs are Advanced Placement tests, which is college-level work in high school. Like, if you take so-and-so AP exams in 11th and 12th grade, you don't have to take those classes in college and therefore you save a LOT of money. This girl who graduated from my high school last year took 8 APs in 11th and 12th grade and therefore skipped straight to the second year of college without doing the first year and saved all the money she'd have to pay for the first year. It's really useful and then in college you won't have to take as many classes. The DELF exams are official French exams. I took the A1 (the most basic French ever) last year and got a 96.5. I'm going to take either A2 or B1 this year (my dad wants me to take B1 but I don't think my French is good enough for it). And then the SATs which you already know about. So yeah, I have a lot of work ahead of me but the only exams I'll have to study for out of all of those are the APs and the SATs.
I'm having the overwhelming urge to start writing a new story lately. I'm bored of my NaNoWriMo story, the more I think about it the more stupid it seems. I thought it was a good idea at first but now...ehhh... it's so lame. And it's too similar to a bunch of books. So I think I'll drop it and start this new story I've been thinking about. Maybe I'll go back to the NaNoWriMo story later. And Elsmeria. I keep forgetting/procrastinating.

Enjoy Christmas too! And happy new year 2013 (in case we don't talk till then) too! lj.

I know :( I heard about the Connecticut shooting too. I hate it when those things happen... it's so unfair. Hopefully it won't happen again :(
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@Sam: ahhh I wish I could publish something! Maybe some day soon I'll get a really good idea for a story and work on it and not get bored by it and abandon it halfway through as I usually do :) Yeah my break has started! Okay so it goes like this:

HIGH SCHOOL:
Freshmen- 9th grade
Sophomores- 10th grade
Juniors- 11th grade
Seniors- 12th grade

I'm in 10th grade now, so I'm a sophomore. Oh and a senior room is just a... room at school that is like a place for seniors to hang out. Like ONLY seniors can go in there, no one else. I don't know if they have them at all schools but we do at my school. The senior room in my school is pretty tiny but it has 2 (very old and run down) couches, a microwave, a bookcase where seniors put their stuff... usually they set up some music up there and we can hear it from outside lol. Nothing much to a senior room really.

So how's Christmas coming along? Doing anything exciting over summer break? It feels so weird that it must be summer for you right now!! It's winter here, but it doesn't get too cold where I live. The coldest would be around 15ºC or so. Except in the mountains but yeah why would I go there. Is it really hot in Australia right now?
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@Jessica: yeah... I didn't get too far though :(
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@Kayla: CITY OF BONES!! Read it, it's awesome. Actually, read all the Mortal Instruments books (City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels and City of Lost Souls) and all the Infernal Devices books (Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince) by the same author. They're sooooo awesome. And we're getting a City of Bones movie this August! So exciteeeed! I just finished reading "The False Prince" and now I'm reading "The Death Cure" which is the last book in the Maze Runner trilogy. Those books are really good too! Have you read them? I'll try to continue the story but I'm such a lazy procrastinator ughhhhhh..... I'll try.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

awesomeninja30

aka CobraRed30

Awww.....writers block?
  • Posted at:

Former LuciaLeader

~Jessica

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Carla-
Once you get started on an idea, nothing will stop you! I am kind of stuck with my book. I got a but confused and stuck with my storyline so I have ordered myself that I won't keep writing until I make a plan - even if it's really rough - of what will happen. And I need to profile my characters, too. Can't believe I've actually been writing for this long without a plan ... Oh well. Call it winging it. That's how I thought the grades were, 'cause I knew senior year is the last, and you count backwards. So I'll be a freshmen next year ... good to know. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding, elementary school is up to grade 5, then middle school from 6 to 8, then high school from 9 to 12. Right? It's simpler here. We have preschool, then primary from kindergarten to year 6, and high school from 7 to 12. Some high schools like mine are split into two, so you go to a second school for 11 and 12. Senior room ... Sounds good :) Christmas was good. Got an ereader (bought 39 clues rapid fire and TNO first, of course, followed by a David Baldacci book. It's pretty good so far.) and some stuff for guitar - a capo and some picks. Funny, considering its my sisters guitar from Christmas last year, but I play it more than she ever did. LOL. How was your Christmas? It's weird thinking its Winter on your side of the planet! You lucky lucky person. Is it hot? IS IT HOT?! Yes. It is HOT. But it's only December. It will get MUCH hotter in January. So if I disappear off the face of the MB, I've melted. Legit. Summer started less than a month ago, and we've already had days between 30 and 40 degrees. Celsius. I'm not sure I'll survive the summer ... Wish me luck! Enjoy the cold weather!

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- I'm Australian.

CLASSIFIED

@Jessica: more like the internet abducted me.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

icetwilight12

aka ArcadeBlue4

Posting to find later! Great story!

• Posted at:

IceTwilight12 aka ArcadeBlue4

I've Been Framed. I have no hope. Do I? /36353

WH13 Story: /39822

Music Freak d-_-b

I will...never be a memory.~Sephiroth

Earth Bender

Front sm

wolfdreamer11

aka AgentDreamer92

@Carla- Omigosh I am sooo glad that I know other people who love to read! I have read so much this Christmas break! I finished two books within two days. I read "13 Little Blue Envelopes" by Maureen Johnson who also wrote "The Name of the Star" which I think I did mention before. They were both good, but "13 Little Blue Envelopes" was serious sad near the end. Oh great, I'm having that moment where I think the correct spelling of a word is wrong. Have you ever had that happen to you? I keep thinking I spelled 'envelope' wrong...sigh. I hate those moments. The other book that I finished is "Five Flavors of Dumb' by Antony John. It was really interesting because it is about this girl named Piper who is deaf. She tries to help this band Dumb (soo hilarious when a pun is intended) get a paying gig within one month. It is sooo good. I was like whoa! City of Bones is my best friend's favorite book! When she heard that we were reading it for book club, she was like and I quote: "'I am sooo leading this! I have the book discussion questions and everything.'" Soo she was in a good mood every Wednesday when we had book club. She was crushed when we finished, but she can't wait for the movie to come out. We both have the same book taste. I am her best friend since I read "If I stay" and showed her "Where She Went" both by Gayle Forman. Sooo good. Is "The False Prince" good? I've seen it, and I was like hmm, I wonder what this is like. I did like Maze Runner, but I have been reading soo many other books that I just keep forgetting to get "The Scorch Trials" and then I would have to wait for "The Death Cure". I really want to know what happens to the others in "The Scorch Trials". I saw that Theresa was missing and I was like whoa whoa where did she go? I then found out that she was replaced by a boy who was in a girl's camp. I have to know what happens next! Have you ever heard of "The Iron King" that is part of the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa? It is really good! I am like freaking out about it! I wanna know what happens next! I am still reading the first one, but I should be done with it soon. I am also reading "Grave Mercy". My librarian is sooo cool! She's recommended all of these books to me except "The Iron King" (I want this one in our library though along with Tiger's Curse. It's gonna be a movie!!) Anyway, I feel ya Carla. I am a lazy procrastinator too. Well Kayla is signing off.
~Kayla 
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

IT FINALLY HAPPENED. I forced myself onto a chair and finished writing this chapter! Consider it a late Christmas/ early New Year's gift. The End of 2012 chapter. It kind of sucks, I don't really like this chapter, but hey.. at least it's something. So here it is! Enjoy:) (oh god I hadn't posted a new chapter since OCTOBER THE FIRST?? I'm so sorry about that... almost 3 months... wow I suck at this. Sorry everyone!)

CHAPTER TEN

“Maybe you should’ve given him more of a chance to explain.”

“No.”

“I’m sure if you went back now and apologized-“

“No.”

“Nick, he’d understand-“

“No!”

Kate sighed and stood up for the umpteenth time to resume her pacing around the room. For some reason I stared at her sneakers as she walked back and forth over the wooden floorboards. Her bedroom was small, and there was barely enough space for her desk, bed and closet, so she kept having to turn every few steps. The sun had begun to set, and reddish-orange light seeped in from the window, bathing everything in the succulent colors. For a moment the red light on the white walls reminded me of the blood that had soaked the streets of Elsmeria the day of the invasion and I shuddered involuntarily.  I tried to concentrate on something else and my eyes focused on the dozens of photographs that lined the walls- pictures taken on trips, with her family, and with her friends. There was one picture on the wall over her desk of the four of us –Michael, James, Kate and I- that had been taken when we went ice skating last winter. The rink behind us was crowded with families skating to and fro and snow had started falling gently. Kate had said she hated the picture –something about her hair being messed up or her cheeks too flushed from the cold- but I’d told her I liked it and that she looked pretty good in it too. I’d been surprised to see it on her wall a few weeks later. I still didn’t understand what it was doing there if she hated it so much.

“You’re being stubborn,” she said now, frowning down at me.

“And you’re being impertinent,” I shot back. “I told you I’m not talking to that man again.”

She snorted. “Oh really, and I suppose you’re just inviting yourself to live here then?”

“He knew her,” I said, tightening my jaw. “He knew her and he never told me.”

Kate’s face softened, which only made me more frustrated. I didn’t want her to feel bad for me, or even worse, pity me. I just needed someone to talk to and she was being no help at all. “He must have had his reasons.”

“Can’t imagine what those were.”

She shrugged and sat down next to me on the carpet once more. “You said he felt… guilty? And miserable? Maybe it’s too hard for him to talk about.”

“After thirteen years?” I asked incredulously. “Whatever happened he must have gotten over it by now.”

“I hate to ask this, but… how did she die?”

“She was sick. I can’t even remember it but that’s what my father told me.” I shrugged. “No one talks about it much.”

“Doesn’t that strike you as odd?” she said, a tone in her voice that told me she was trying to tread lightly.

“Why should it?”

Kate hesitated, and I couldn’t help but wonder what was going through her head. Don’t, I told myself, you’ve messed enough with people’s heads for one day.

“I mean, she was the queen of a whole kingdom and yet she dies and no one ever says a word about it?” She bit her lip, her eyes dancing around the room as if to avoid looking at me. “Think of Lady Diana, you know who she is?”

I frowned, trying to remember. It was a little hard to keep track of all these human celebrities and famous figures, there were so many of them. “The singer with the outrageous outfits?”

Kate laughed and then covered her mouth as if embarrassed. “No, that would be Lady Gaga.”

“Oh.”

“Lady Diana from the English royal house. She died and her death is something that people still discuss every year on the anniversary of her death. It’s even on the news sometimes.”

“And that’s exactly what I would expect of humans. It’s different in Elsmeria; we don’t talk about our dead like that.” I stood up and walked over to the window, unable to sit still any longer.

“So you just forget them?”

I frowned. “Not talking about something isn’t the same as having forgotten it. We remember, we just give them the silence they deserve in death.”

“So you are punishing the dead? A sort of post-life silent treatment as if they had done something wrong by dying?”

I sighed in exasperation. Sometimes humans were so narrow-minded. “It’s not a punishment. Quite on the contrary, it’s a reward.” I turned to face her again. “Think about it, life is noisy and busy and loud. And when you die, you deserve to rest. You’ve earned the peace and silence throughout your life.”

She tilted her head to one side as if intrigued. “You believe spirits or ghosts are listening to you talk about them, then?”

“No. When you die, you die. That’s it, no after-life.” I shook my head. “It’s simply a sign of respect towards the deceased, that’s all.”

She seemed to consider this. “I don’t think it’s disrespectful to speak about the dead, as long as you’re not saying anything rude or negative. “

I shrugged. “Does it really matter? They’re dead; you have to let them go.” I ran a hand across my face, tired. “The point is, no, it isn’t odd that we don’t talk about my mother’s death.”

“Then why would Eliah have had any reason to talk to you about it?”

I opened my mouth to reply but I didn’t know what to say. It was a fair point; I had to give her that. Instead I just tightened my jaw and narrowed my eyes at her. “Not helping.”

“But you see where I’m going, right? I you guys never talk about it anyways why would he bring it up?”

“I don’t know, Kate! I honestly don’t know.” She flinched slightly at my sudden outburst but I was on a roll. “The only thing I do know is that he knew my mother, and he knows about…something that- that happened to her or…” I blew out a frustrated breath. “There’s something going on that I don’t know about. Something happened that no one told me about.”

Kate raised her eyebrows. “No offense but why would they tell you? You’re just a kid. My parents hide stuff from me all the time.”

Another good point. “Maybe you’re right, maybe I just want to know too much when it’s none of my business.”

“I’m just saying-“

“Yeah, I know.” I let my shoulders slump, for once dropping my perfect posture. “Sorry about that, you didn’t need to hear this rant. I guess I just need someone to remind me to get over my big ego sometimes.”

“Nick-“

But I was already climbing out the window and onto the oak in the backyard. I felt suddenly stupid for having run out of the house and come to Kate’s just to ramble about something she couldn’t care less about. So Eliah knew my mother, so what? It’s not as if he’d murdered her, I was sure she’d known plenty of people in her lifetime. And yet I couldn’t forget all those conflicted feelings I’d perceived when I had been in Eliah’s mind – the guilt, the sorrow, the misery... What did that mean? That they were close? That they had been very good friends and her death hit him hard? Or was it something else? I heard in my mind that awful scream again, the one Eliah had been thinking about. Why had she been screaming like that?

Apologizing to Eliah when I got home was amongst the most embarrassing things I’d had to do in years. It was made doubly humiliating by the fact that he didn’t even scream at me. Eliah just stood there, staring stonily at me without saying anything while I struggled to find the words to tell him how sorry I was for everything. That his thoughts were none of my business, I had no right to read his mind, I was an impertinent brat for screaming at him and running away… all of it. When I was done he simply told me to go to my room in his usual fashion –advising so it didn’t seem like he was ordering- but without any of the warmth in his tone. I felt dead inside. 

I lay awake on my bed for hours, musing over the afternoon’s events. I still couldn’t help but feel betrayed by Eliah, although everything Kate had said was true. There was no reason Eliah should have brought up my mother, so why did I feel like I deserved to know?  

School the next day was awful. It was awkward beyond description to see Kate again after how I’d behaved the day before- like the stuck-up little prince who thought himself important enough to meddle with everyone’s businesses. Like exactly the kind of person I’d always fought hard not to be. On top of that, we had a science pop quiz that I was too distracted to bother putting any effort into answering. And just in case my day wasn’t miserable enough, it was raining.

But then things got interesting.

I was sitting in English class staring at the rain pouring on the other side of the window, not hearing a word of what was being said. Quite frankly I don’t even know what it was about the rain that captivated me so much. Maybe it was the way the raindrops slid across the glass like tears shed by angels above- or like the world was showing it’s shame for all the hardships it put us through by crying. Or maybe Mrs. Anderson’s literature lessons were finally getting to my head and I was reading too much into symbolism of simple rain. Whatever it was, the rain was keeping my mind busy.

There was a knock on the classroom door and from the corner of my eye I saw several of my classmates turn in their seats to see who it was, as they always did. I supposed it would be a teacher or another student, but when a collective gasp ran through the room my curiosity finally made me wrench my eyes away from the window to look at the newcomer. My jaw dropped.

Standing at the door was Adelais, fully decked in the same military outfit the invaders had been wearing in Elsmeria the night of my escape. In his hand he held a sword –one of his own, no doubt- and there was blood on the side of his face. Next to him stood a girl I didn’t recognize, dressed in the same black gear as he was.

As soon as she spotted me she went down on one knee, bowing her head in respect. “Your highness,” she mumbled.

My classmates looked around frantically trying to figure out who she was talking to. Beside me Kate had tensed up- I had no doubt she knew these people were elves. But I had eyes only for Adelais.

With a huge grin I couldn’t keep off my face I sprang to my feet and crossed the classroom in three long strides, pulling Adelais into a tight hug the moment I reached him. He hugged me back with the same relief, the hilt of his sword digging into my back. When we pulled away we both stared at each other for a moment before bursting out laughing as if we didn’t have a care in the world. The girl was still kneeling on the floor, but glancing up at me with wide eyes.

“Don’t- stand up,” I said to her without any of the usual formalities I would’ve used in Elsmeria. I had said it in English, not Latin, but she seemed to understand and obeyed silently. I turned back to Adelais. “I can’t- how in the name of the crown did you-“

Adelais laughed again, as if he couldn’t quite find the words to talk either. The relief pulsing through me right then and there was overwhelming. He was alive. My best friend had survived the bloodshed. He was alive and standing right in front of me. “It would be recommendable perhaps that you switched to our own language now?” he said in Latin. I’d missed the sound of that voice.

I nodded, taking in his clothes, weapons and wounds. “I think it would also be a good idea if you explained to me how all this-“I gestured at his military gear “-came to happen.”

He opened his mouth to reply and then closed it. I raised my eyebrows and he nodded towards the classroom behind me. With a feeling of dread I turned around to find twenty-three pairs of eyes trained on us, mouths open and expressions of disbelief. Dammit, I’d completely forgotten about the humans.

“Um, Mrs. Anderson I need to leave… like right now… without a note… because I, uh... yeah.” I think it was my most brilliant speech of all times. But the teacher just nodded, her eyes trained on Adelais’ sharp sword and the knives hanging from his belt. 

I didn’t wait for her to change her mind, I was out that door in a second, slamming it shut behind me and leading Adelais and the girl down the corridor as a million questions flew through my mind, raindrop symbolism long forgotten.
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@Kayla: OMG MAUREEN JOHNSON? I've never read any of her books, but she is co-writing this mini-series of ebooks (THE BANE CHRONICLES!! MWAHAHAHA. THE PAST. PERU. THE FUTURE. SOOO EXCITED!) that serve as a companion to the Mortal Instruments /Infernal Devices books with Cassandra Clare. Johnson and Clare are good friends apparently. Yeah that spelling-the-word-correctly-but-it-looks-wrong sensation is a constant companion of mine... so annoying, especially when it happens in the middle of a test. Your best friend has a very good taste in books then :) I'm telling you, City of Bones is awesome, I'm so obsessed with those books. They're like my life now. Has your friend read The Infernal Devices too? "The False Prince" was good (not great or excellent, but good) but kind of predictable. I knew what was going to happen halfway through the book... This is how it goes for The Maze Runner trilogy:

Book 1: The Maze Runner: huh? What's going on? Who are you Thomas? What is this place? What the heck is going on?? WHAT'S HAPPENING??

Book 2: The Scorch Trials: ohhh... THAT makes sense... uh oh... ASDFGHJKL!! WHAT THE HECK?? RUN FOR YOUR LIVES GLADERS!! AGHHHH!! THIS WILL NEVER END! THERE IS NO END TO THIS TORTURE!

Book 3: The Death Cure: *beginning* hmm, maybe everything will be okay... *further into the book* OH NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. NOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHY??? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?? THEY DON'T DESERVE THIS!! WHAT?? NO. STOP. NO. ASDFHAGHAKL!! Pain and suffering everywhere! DEATH. DEATH. DEATH. DEATH. WHAT? The end.

Yeah that's pretty much a summary of how each book will make you feel. The Death Cure should be renamed just DEATH because it's what people do throughout the whole book. I finished "The Death Cure" and I loved it but it was so sad :( Some people died that...*snif* didn't deserve that... *cries* It was really sad. After I finished that book I read the whole of "Shatterproof" which was too short and there was NO ARTHUR TRENT. I mean, what is this? My sister falsely led me into believing we were going to meet Arthur Trent in that book but nooooo. I want "Trust No One" now but it didn't get here in time for Christmas :( And now I'm going to read "The Hobbit". After I read it I'll go watch the movie cause I refuse to watch it without having read the book first. Nope, I haven't heard of "The Iron King" but I'll check it out on Amazon or something and I can buy it in summer (I only buy books twice a year in big loads: once in Christmas, and then in summer vacation. I can't buy them the rest of the year so I have to wait till summer now).

@Sam: NaNoWriMo taught me the importance of planning ahead your plotline and profiling characters :) Now I always do it. I'm doing it for a new story I want to start working on right now. I'm making the psychological profiles of my characters, giving them backstories and inner demons and whatnot. I've pretty much figured out the best way to make characters is to give them inner demons and weird quirks. Trust me, it works wonders.  Yeah you got it right, except you skipped pre-school. It would be:

PRE-SCHOOL:
Nursery
Pre-kindergarden
Kindergarden

ELEMENTARY:

MIDDLE SCHOOL:

HIGH SCHOOL:

Yep, that's pretty much it. LOL 7th grade is high school?? That must be so strange. Christmas was good for me too :) I got 9 books, a winter hat, pyjama, makeup kit thingy, a fluff stuffed animal and a new camera (my old one broke in camp this summer somehow). Ughh 30 or 40 degrees?? Eek, good luck with that. It doesn't really get cold where I live... I mean, it's colder than summer but it's not COLD. Right now it's about 17ºC in my room. Usually our winter temperatures range from 15-18ºC. The coldest would be maybe 12 or 13ºC only really early in the morning and then it goes away. But that rarely happens. It doesn't even snow here, I've never seen snow :( Good luck with the heat!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

awesomeninja30

aka CobraRed30

Carla- I'll save you!!!!! If I wasn't abducted too....:P
  • Posted at:

Former LuciaLeader

~Jessica

Front sm

awesomeninja30

aka CobraRed30

That was an awesome chapter!!!!

The classroom...the kids staring in disbelief, that's what made it XD I was laughing at that part.
  • Posted at:

Former LuciaLeader

~Jessica

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

I loved the chapter and I thought it was perfect!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

indigowatching1 aka WritingArt2

aim4good

Check it out: http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/23666

CLASSIFIED

@Aimee: I'm glad to hear that! I'll work on another one soon...

@Jessica: lol I supposd the appearance of a dude in military gear with a sword and blood on his face wouldn't go unnoticed by the kids in the classroom... I had to give them SOME sort of reaction!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

wolfdreamer11

aka AgentDreamer92

@Carla- No way! The Maze Runner triology is that predictable?! Omigosh! I'm freaking out!!! During the first one, I was wondering what Thomas's real name was, and how he got there and how he and Theressa were responsible for the maze and have you read The Kill Order? It's the prequel to the whole series and aw man I'm suffering from spelling-the-word-correctly-but-it-looks-wrong again. It's becoming constant now. I honestly don't know if my friend has read The Infernal Devices. I'll have to ask her. She might've though because she practically breaths reading. I do too. I love reading and I spend any minute I can reading at school. My friends have to ask me to stop reading, but I hardly ever listen. I love reading that much and I find it so much fun whereas others groan and act like they'll die if they have to read.
Omigosh I wanted Arthur Trent to be in "Shatterproof" so much, but alas he wasn't. I was so sad. Yeah, I'm the same way when it comes to books that have movies. I have to read the book first because I will refuse to watch the movie. Have you ever started to compare the book to the movie either during the film or after when you get out? I did for Percy Jackson and I was utterly disappointed about the movie, but a new director is filming the Sea of Monsters soooo here's hoping. I really want to read "Trust No One" but I have to wait a bit before we can go to the bookstore. For my Christmas wishlist, I only named books, but the sad thing is...I didn't get any of the books I asked for. I got a bunch of clothes (which I love)! My mom said we were going to the bookstore after New Years to go get my books. I wanted to read "War and Peace", "Trust No One" and more, but I can't remember since it is on my mom's computer and I named them like five months ago.
Anyway, I liked your new chapter. I wana know what happens next! It was sooo awesome!! I wonder what Eliah wanted to tell Nick. Write more when you can!!!
~
Kayla 
  • Posted at:

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Carla-
YAAAAAY!!!! Amazing chapter! Love Nick's 'speech' for his teacher. LOL.
Inner demons? Weird quirks, definitely. My main character doesn't go anywhere without a black leather fingerless glove. And leather boots. Oh, and she shot rifles with her father when she was six. They would fill soup cans with petrol and shoot them out of a tree. Oh, and her brother is a total nerd. So . . . Yeah. Definitely some quirks. My sister is reading what I've written so far, and she said its like the 39 clues but different (I convinced her to start reading it. She's only halfway through the first book.). I want to kill her. This book is taking some serious research! Translating web pages from French, watching boring YouTube videos . . . It's hard work! 17 degrees?? Wow, you lucky thing. How hot is your summer? Yeah, I've never seen snow either, but I'd love to! In winter, it can be as low as 4 degrees at 8 o'clock in the morning. The weather here is different all the time. Either really hot or really cold. Thanks for the luck, I think I'll need it!

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- I'm Australian.

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Carla-
YAAAAAY!!!! Amazing chapter! Love Nick's 'speech' for his teacher. LOL.
Inner demons? Weird quirks, definitely. My main character doesn't go anywhere without a black leather fingerless glove. And leather boots. Oh, and she shot rifles with her father when she was six. They would fill soup cans with petrol and shoot them out of a tree. Oh, and her brother is a total nerd. So . . . Yeah. Definitely some quirks. My sister is reading what I've written so far, and she said its like the 39 clues but different (I convinced her to start reading it. She's only halfway through the first book.). I want to kill her. This book is taking some serious research! Translating web pages from French, watching boring YouTube videos . . . It's hard work! 17 degrees?? Wow, you lucky thing. How hot is your summer? Yeah, I've never seen snow either, but I'd love to! In winter, it can be as low as 4 degrees at 8 o'clock in the morning. The weather here is different all the time. Either really hot or really cold. Thanks for the luck, I think I'll need it!

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- I'm Australian.

Front sm

awesomeninja30

aka CobraRed30

And it was a hilarious reaction! I would not know what I would've done in that situation.
  • Posted at:

Former LuciaLeader

~Jessica

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Oh, and just so you know, Elsmeria made the first page!! Congratulations!! :D :D

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- I'm Australian.

Front sm

risingtide21

aka RisingTide18

Ohmygosh Carla this story is amazing!! 

~Samira :) 
  • Posted at:

"Clouds like the fallen feathers of angels blown carelessly across the sky."

Samir

Samir

CLASSIFIED

@Kayla: I haven't read The Kill Order yet, but it was one of the books I got for Christmas so I will be reading it soon. I read all the time at school too, I'm too bored in school. I KNOW! I compared the Percy Jackson book to the movie and the movie was sooo bad and they had it all wrong. It was disappointing. But now... Sea of Monsters coming up and all... and Annabeth is finally blonde for one. I have high hopes for this movie. Haha I only asked for books too for Christmas! I got most of mine though, I was only missing two. But I was supposed to get more books tomorrow that my mom ordered on Amazon but they're not getting here until at least Monday :( Tomorrow is Three Kings Day in Spain, it's like our second Christmas and we get presents and all like on the 25th. But I guess I'm not getting anything this year because the book delivery was delayed and I was only going to get books. Hmm... "War and Peace" as in the one a Russian guy wrote in the "realistic" period of European literature? Hmm... what was his name again? Leon Tolstoi? Or Fiodor M. Dostoievski? One of those two, I can't remember which one of them. Glad you liked that chapter!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@Sam: hehe glad you liked it! Why would you shoot at a can filled with PETROL? Couldn't that end up in an explosion? I shoot at cans with my dad sometimes but we always make sure they're empty. I use a compressed-air gun though, not a rifle. I gave my new characters that I'm planning quirks too. One of them is like totally lost in his own little world all the time, reading and daydreaming and all. He reads all the time. His weird quirks include flexing his fingers (like a nervous habit), stroking the pages or spine of books when he reads, he always reads a little before going to sleep, he constantly trips and falls because he's so distracted... stuff like that. Book research, it's awesome. For my NaNoWriMo novel I researched everything: how to hotwire a car, prices of guns in the black market in different states, how illegal gun trading went, Robespierre in the French revolution (don't ask), Seattle's underground, I studied blind people and how they live and all...etc. If the police happened to look at my search history I'd be in a lot of trouble. Let's leave it at that. Our summer is anywhere from maybe 22ºC to 28ºC (that would be almost too hot for here, but it happens sometimes). Where I live they say we have an "eternal spring" because our weather doesn't change much throughout the year.
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@Jessica: me neither... it would be awkward!

@Samira: glad you like it!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

risingtide21

aka RisingTide18

@Carla I can't wait for your next chapter!! And btw I was so confused when I first saw this because I thought the title was a typo and you meant to write ellesmera (where the elves live in Eragon). AND THEN when I saw that the story was about elves I was SUPER confused so I just had to keep reading and it finally got cleared up ;) Did you get the idea of the name from Eragon?

~Samira :) 
  • Posted at:

Samir

Samir

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Carla-
My main character is a bit of a troublemaker, that's why! I guess they wouldn't be completely full - like halfway. She's set a couple of trees on fire. But I guess if she did it with the can floating in a river or something it wouldn't be too dangerous. She's wild. You know, one of my characters is a little like yours, with the reading and daydreaming. He's such a dork, but I guess it gives him his charm. Whoa, you did your research thoroughly! So far I've looked at where Napoleon's tomb is located, the meaning behind the words written on his tomb (it's a bunch of references to some of his greatest battles), the names of actual hotels in Paris, the story of the Rosetta Stone, the layout of the Louvre and location of the Mona Lisa and other paintings in the gallery, Mona Lisa's history, etc. Did you know it got stolen once? A former guard at the Louvre walked in and the room was empty so he just picked it up and walked out the back door with it. He wanted to return it to Italy because it was seized by the French in the war or something. Then he went to sell it and the guy who was buying it reported him to the cops and set him up for arrest. Ah, the information you gather while researching. I have started profiling characters properly now, and planning out the plot a bit better, so hopefully it all works out. 22-28 degrees is too hot?! It's over 30 at the moment! And it's supposed to be 40 later this week...in some places, like outback towns in Central Australia, it can get up to almost 50 degrees! Couldn't imagine living over there... Lucky you, having consistent weather. Here, it's simple. In winter, it's freezing and raining. In summer, it's scorching and there's not a cloud in the sky. Last summer it rained all the time, and Queensland got some nasty floods, but that's not very common. I'd love to take a trip to Spain. Something tells me I would love it. Not just for the sights, but the weather too!

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- I'm Australian.

CLASSIFIED

@Samira: oh I didn't know that about Eragon! I only read the first book and it was years ago. So no, I didn't get it from Eragon. Funny coincidence though haha.

@Sam: oh yeah I'd heard about the Mona Lisa being stolen. I actually know a lot about the Mona Lisa after reading "The DaVinci Code" by Dan Brown. It was a REALLY good book. Did you know the name is an anagram? It's an anagram for AMON L'ISA. Amon is some Egyptian god of masculine fertility and Isa was the Egyptian god of feminine fertility. Anyways I could start listing trivia about the Mona Lisa but I'll restrain myself. I actually went to the Louvre in Paris last year (March 2011) and saw the Mona Lisa myself. I have a picture with it. The weather sounds harsh there... still, it would be a nice change from the boring weather we have here. I'd love to go to Australia! It's like my dream. Oh and the weather isn't that nice in all of Spain, just where I live specifically. Most of Spain gets cold winters and really hot summers too.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Carla-
Yeah, "The Da Vinci Code" was great! It's been ages since I read it, though. I knew about the anagram, too. I still can't believe that "LEONARDO DA VINCI THE MONA LISA" translated to "O DRACONIAN DEVIL OH LAME SAINT". Who would have figured? You went to the Louvre?! Okay, now I'm jealous. Man, it must be awesome to live so close to so many awesome places. Spain is in, like, the perfect spot. You're near France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland...a couple of hours either way and you're set. I'd have to fly for a day straight to get to where you are now. There's nothing out here. We are an island in the middle of the ocean. The only thing even remotely close to us is New Zealand. I mean, we have museums and stuff, and there's places like the Opera House, Uluru, etc etc. But when you don't live in either the CBD of one of the capital cities or in the middle of the country, there's nothing. Western suburbs suck. (It's all good, mods. There are western suburbs everywhere here.) Yes, the weather is harsh. I am currently barricaded in my house 'cause it's, like, 42 degrees outside. There's even a blanket over the front window to stop the sun heating up the living room. Feel sorry for my parents working today. And my dog out in the heat. Poor Max...The weather in Spain may not seem nice, but it HAS to be nicer than this. I suppose you get used to it...eventually. Yes, I'm still waiting for that day to come. But aside from the heat in summer and rainy cold in winter, it's a great country! If you go to Victoria, though, I hear it takes a bit of time to get used to their weather. And their driving. My dad went to Melbourne with his brother once. You know how on the roads there's a right lane to turn right? In Victoria, that's too mainstream. No, they turn right out of the left lane across three other lanes of traffic. Yes, because Australia is totally safe. Not to mention all the animals that can kill you. Thousands of them. If the Vespers wanted to take the Cahills out for good, they should just strand them in the middle of the Red Centre. Problem solved. LOL. But seriously, it's a nice country. :)

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- I'm Australian.

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

Who will win? Select your choice for the Good Year Awards on this page! Deadline is January 19, 2013.

Link: /37727

~Vanessa~
  • Posted at:

dawndancer15 aka ButterflyActress33

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

"Charming, 'andsome, and speaks French? Amy, keep him." - Marguerite Beaufort

Updates every Tuesday and Friday! 

Read the new and improved rewrite at: forums/topics/287662

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Wow! Nine pages! The Hunger Games won People's Choice Awards in four categories, plus Jennifer Lawrence won People's Choice award for best dramatic actress in a movie. I think that is sooo very awesome!!! Woo Hoo!

@Carla - been sick with headaches, so I haven't even been reading much or anything. Hope you are well!!! George 
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

CLASSIFIED

@Sam: ohh you read "The DaVinci Code" too? Awesome! Have you read any other Dan Brown books? The only other one I've read is "The Lost Symbol". Also pretty great, but I liked DaVinci better. Um, let's not talk about Spain and location because of reasons. Like, honestly, it's not as easy as you think... can't say more cause I don't want to say where exactly I live. Lol Australia sounds crazy. I wish I could go there so bad!! Where I live there aren't any dangerous animals at all. Except in the zoo but they don't count. We don't even have scorpions or poisonous spiders or anything. Bears? No. Tigers? No. Kangaroos? No. Lions? No. Sharks? Little ones, but not the ones that kill and quite honestly although I know they're there I've never seen one in my whole life living near the sea. What else... panthers? No. Mountain lions? No. WE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING. Well, I guess it's a good thing. You do have air conditioning in your house though, right? I suppose you do... if not... you must be going through a rough time. I don't have air conditioning or heating in my house, because most of the time we don't need it. But SOMETIMES we do need it and then I either freeze or boil. Like right now it's 16ºC in my room. I'm cold. BTW I heard of the fires in Australia right now, I trust everything's okay for you?
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@George: sorry to hear abut your headaches :( I hope they get better soon!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

@Carla - You didn't even say anything about THG taking five awards at the People's Choice Awards. Aren't you still obsessed with THG? I just got People Magazine which has "an exclusive" on the second movie, which I will read tonight. I'm sure there will be more rewards for the movie and actors in THG - it's "let's overdo it award season" for actors, after all.

So, your PSATs. Score? Percentile? Happy? Do you feel that your extra curriculars helped you with the test, or your classes and teachers, or your smarts? Isn't there a written part on the test? If there is, surely you got 100% on that part, huh? 

I had an assignment to watch a movie based on a true story and research how accurate it was to what really occurred. Usually I've had to do just book reports, but the teacher wants us to be aware of how directors take a creative license and alter facts to make the story "better". There are sooo many movies to choose from that it was difficult to choose. I decided to do Hachiko: A Dog's Story. That was fun. Have you seen that movie? What about The Last Mimzy? That is one of my favorites. I just think it's so cool and everything fits together so nicely. Can you watch the TV series "Touch"? The first season was just put on Netflix if you guys subscribed to their streaming option. It is one of the best shows on TV EVER!!!!! So very awesome! Since I'm feeling better, I'm reading The Breadwinner Trilogy by Deborah Ellis. It is true and heartbreaking about the Taliban in Afghanistan and how it impacted girls and women. Also the occupation by Russia and others before that. I cannot even begin to fathom living with so many restrictions that the idea of freedom is basically an unknown. It's truly different from reading a dystopian novel and a novel based on true events. Very enlightening. Then I will read Unwholly, the sequel to Unwind. After that I will read the many, many books that have been piling up on my shelves. Mostly Christian and Holocaust books.

What are your favorite foods? I'm becoming addicted to ramen noodles. I like most seafood and I lack total self control when it comes to ice cream - especially chocolate with peanut butter or chocolate chip cookie dough. Mmmm good! I saw you were talking about animals and how you have no dangerous animals in Spain - which is a blessing, by the way! Do you have any favorite animals? Other than my cat Sadie, I really like zebras. I just love the beauty of their stripes and how they are so crisp and clean and don't blend together since they have short hair and not fur. I like their manes, which are so different from regular horses. I am glad that they are not tamed. Zebras are cool.

Do you like Monopoly? My brother and I play the board game quite often, and I started playing it online not long ago. Did you know that they are going to discontinue one of the tokens and add a new one? You can vote on the Monopoly page on FB. I like to vote on things like that - just something fun to be a part of.

I'm sleepy and have a lot to do tomorrow, so I'd better go. TTFN! Your friend, George! ;^)
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

CLASSIFIED

@George: lol "let's overdo it award season"? Is that real or just something you made up? I guess I wasn't really too thrilled about THG winning awards cause they've won a bunch already and it's lost its charm. But yeah, I guess that's good cause I really loved the movie! I haven't been able to find much about the Catching Fire movie online though.

PSAT scores. Yes. I got a 50 in Math, a 63 in Critical Reading and a 77 in Writing. These are out of 80, by the way. And I know they don't sound that great, but I was pretty proud. I mean, in Critical Reading I did better than 96% of PSAT test-takers in the whole world. And in Writing I did better than 99% of PSAT test-takers in the world too. Not that I actually WROTE anything. Like, we didn't have to write a story or essay or anything in the exam. The writing questions were stuff like correct use of grammar and all that. But I think all the writing I always do definetly helped! Maths wasn't that great... I think I did better than 77% of PSAT test-takers, which isn't as impressive as the other two, but I'm just really bad at math. I think the prep course I took at camp this summer helped the most. And some of the preparation we did in English class at school too, which was just us practicing on our own, really. Not like the teacher helped at all.

Oh wow your school assignments sure are "thinking out of the box" kind of stuff. Mine are all "write an essay on this..." or "answer these questions about this...". So boring. You know, when you said "a movie based on a true story" the FIRST thing I thought about was Hachiko! I watched that movie a few years ago and I loved it! It was sooo sad though, but the dog was the cutest thing ever, especially as a puppy. Yeah, I really liked that movie, it was great. And I did watch "The Last Mimzy" too! Years ago. That isn't based on a true story though, right? Another good movie I can think of based on a true story is one I went to watch with my sister on Halloween. It's fairly new, called in Spanish "Lo imposible" which means "The impossible". It's the first Spanish movie I've watched in my entire life that didn't suck. Like, honestly, I was surprised. Spanish movies are horrible, but this one was really good. The actors were American though, so that probably helped lol. The director was Spanish though. It's this true story about a family who goes on vacation to spend Christmas in Thailand in 2004... yeah, you can guess. That's right when the tsunami hit. So it's the family's story about how they made it through the tsunami and how they found each other afterwards because the conditions were horrible there. Like awful. It's really sad, but at least it has a happy ending. Really intense too... it gets me thinking what on earth I would do in that situation. But they were lucky... the whole family of 5 survived, and it was a real story of a Spanish family. I've never heard of "Touch", what's it about? Oh and we can't get Netflix here... I download stuff from the internet though. It's kinda illegal here too, but not as much of a deal as it is in the U.S.

I'm reading "The Hobbit" right now. It started out kind of weird. It took me a while to get used to the author's writing style, but now that I'm more into the book it's actually pretty good! You've read it, right? I have so many books to read! And I've got more coming on their way from Amazon. The delivery's been delayed though... for over a week now. Stupid mail service.

Favorite food? Pizza. French fries. Chocolate. Turrón (it's like a special Christmas-time chocolate with like hazelnuts or something in it that's reaaaally good. Unfortunately we can only buy it during Chrismas). Ice cream (vanilla and chocolate). Pasta. Homemade brownies or chocolate chip cookies (my mom's are to die for). Yeah I'm not a very healthy eater. Lol ramen noodles, they're a fashion in my school, especially for trips. As for animals... well for a pet I would love to have either a dog or a cat. My parents don't let me though, which I think I've complained about before. Really unfair, especially seeing my dad had a MONKEY when he was a kid. Aside from pets I really like eagles (they're beautiful and elegant), horses (riding them is awesome and they're just cool okay), penguins (lifetime obsession. Don't ask.), baby seals (no explanation required, just... asdghjkl! Cuteness level over 9000) and panda bears (I mean come on, you can't just not love panda bears). Yeah I've always loved animals. I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was little :)

I have a Monopoly game, Disney edition from AGES ago. I used to play with my sister and we made up a rule (my sister and I make up our own rules for EVERY game, it's just this thing we do to avoid reading the instructions) that whoever landed in the "free parking" square would get all the money in the middle of the board (every time we payed for something, like a house or whatever, we'd put the money in the middle of the board in a pile instead of in the bank). So whenever I hit the "free parking" square I would grab the huge pile of cash from the middle of the board and throw it up in the air and let it rain over me. Then I'd scream and laugh and roll around in Monopoly money on the floor for some time, until my sister got mad at me. It was fun. Good times, good times. I hadn't played in years until the other day I was at my cousin's house and we played Monopoly because my little cousin wanted to. They have the electronic version though, where you have fake credit cards and a credit card machine and stuff, not as exciting as rolling around in money.

I'm going to Holland with my school's MUN team in two weeks :) For this international conference thing with over 3000 students from schools all around the world. I went last year too and I had so much fun (there were a few... eh, incidents with this south american dude trying to dance with me and these drunk guys flirting with me outside a club but all minor inconveniences). So I'm excited about going except for the fact that I need to rewrite all my documents for the conference because they're weak and sloppy right now. Ugh, it's my work for this weekend. And then in March I'm going to Germany with my school too! Whoppee! I haven't been in Germany since I was two, when I went there for a wedding. I can barely remember anything. I'm planning on visiting London, Paris and Rome this summer (okay those are my plans, we'll see how much we can stretch the money in the end) which I'm also super excited about (except for the fact that it'll be the first summer in 10 years that I don't spend in the U.S. and I'm going to feel nostalgic and I won't be able to buy many books). And then in September I'm going to Italy and Switzerland with my school's volleyball team for a tournament! I don't play volleyball, but I made myself manager of the team so I get to go on the trip. This is looking like it's going to be an awesome year, I'm so excited!! I've never traveled so much in a single year :)

I'm freezing. It's cold in my house and we don't have heater. Usually we don't need it but I'm freezing right now. It's 16ºC in my room, which is like 60ºF. I know, not too cold but honestly... FREEZING. It was 10ºC (50ºF) this morning at school. Uh, a little bit of a shock actually. We barely ever get that much cold here. Unless you go up to the mountains but that doesn't count. And we don't have heat at school either. And there's lots of BIIIIG windows. And we have to go outside for pretty much everything (break, lunch, to go from one class to another... it's a small school and part of it is in the open or around a little courtyard). So yes, I'm cold. I'm actually pretty thrilled to get REAL cold in Holland soon :) I get to wear my trenchcoat! And my sister's fancy black coat! We never wear those here.

Okay I'm going to stop ranting and go shower now see if the water's warm (usually it isn't... either my mom, dad, or sister use up all the hot water. Usually my sister). Talk to you later!

P.S. I'm glad you're feeling better! Did you ever find out what happened to your hip after the fall? And how's your kidney (because of the kidney stone surgery I mean)? I hope all is well!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

@Carla: Yeah, I thought we talked about this ages ago! LOL. No, I haven't read any more of his books. I started reading "Angels and Demons" but it got kinda boring so I gave up on it. At the moment I'm reading a David Baldacci book called "Split Second". It's really good so far - if you like crime fiction, which I do. It's about this Secret Service agent, Sean King, who gets kicked out of the Service because he was supposed to be protecting a guy running for president but he was distracted by something and the guy got shot dead, and then eight years later another Secret Service agent, Michelle Maxwell, gets in trouble because SHE was protecting a guy running in the election and she let him go into a room alone and he got kidnapped, and then Maxwell and King meet up and agree that the cases were linked and they team up to find out who was responsible for it all. New bodies turning up all over the place, random people being kidnapped, crazy attacks and allegations, etc etc etc. It's a great book :) They swear a lot though, so anyone who was freaking out about the few curses in TNO better not read it. Personally, I don't see what the fuss is, but anyway. Have you read any of Baldacci's books? They're pretty good, if you ask me. 
No dangerous animals? Are you kidding? We've got sharks, kangaroos (they can get nasty if you tick them off, hence the term "boxing kangaroo"), koalas (don't laugh - they have nasty claws), drop bears (apparently they can eat your face off), bears (once there was a story on the news about a couple of bears that ended up fighting on someone's front lawn, but that's pretty uncommon), bluebottles, jellyfish, sting rays, and there's also the birds like crows and magpies and all them that can get nasty. Oh, and I forgot to mention all the reptiles and bugs. Taipans, cobras, rattle snakes, certain lizards (I think blue-tongues can be dangerous, and there are heaps of others), red backs, tarantulas, funnel webs, bees, wasps, hornets, mosquitoes, beetles of every kind, lots of crickets in summer (not dangerous, but thought I'd mention it), and the classic daddy-long-legs. They kill red backs, and they can't bite people, so they're not so bad, but they freak me out. I hate bugs of every kind. Blech -.- I'm not sure about stuff like panthers and lions and tigers, but I'm sure they could be found in the wild. We've probably got scorpions. Oh, and wild horses can be dangerous, too. There are thousands of dangerous animals in this country. If you're in the city then you're fine, though. 
Yes, I have air conditioning (thank god), but only in one room. It's okay though. It's at the front of the house, in the living room, so I just stay in there. There are fans in all the other rooms, too, so it stays pretty cool. It sucks because my room is the smallest and its at the back of the house so in summer it gets really hot and in winter it's a little icebox. Apparently today is supposed to be the second hottest day in Australia ever. The hottest was in the ninteen-sixties, when it got to 50 degrees in South Australia somewhere. Last night when I went to bed, which was after 11pm, it was still 30 degrees outside. And the humidity doesn't help. I didn't think you would have heard about the fires in Spain. Yeah, everything's okay for me, I don't live near any bush land so it's all good. There are, like, a hundred fires burning in NSW alone and heaps in Tasmania too. It wiped out heaps of their houses and towns. But you know what makes the bush fires worse? Arsonists. I don't mean adults lighting fires to kill someone or destroy something. No, I'm talking stupid 15 and 16 year olds setting the bush on fire for kicks. One was set 'cause some kid dropped a cigarette (which he'd been smoking illegally anyway) on the ground in the woods. Another bunch of kids coated golf balls with petrol or something and put them in socks before lighting them up and dropping them in the woods. And some of it happened a couple of suburbs away from me! O.O Why are people so stupid? And they weren't fined or sent to jail or anything. Stupid people these days...

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- I'm Australian.

CLASSIFIED

@Sam: nope, I've never read any Baldacci books, but isn't he writing Day of Doom? I guess if his books are good that one will be too! I hope so. Yeah I don't see what the fuss is over the cursing either. I mean big deal. I don't even consider those 3 words in TNO curse words. I'm reading "The Hobbit" right now, I don't know if I'd told you that before. Pretty good so far!
Yup, looots of wild animals where you live definitely! I guess I'm lucky we don't have them here. You can go into the little "wilderness" there is here and the most threatening thing you'll find is a rabbit. Or a dead rat. I once found a dead rat and it freaked me out so much (it was decomposing and you could see all the torn flesh and bones okay, it was gross) I fell down a ravine and through the forest, giving my dad a great laugh. It wasn't funny. Okay maybe a little.
My room's an icebox too! My room faces the North, so it gets really cold, especially cause we're pretty up high where we live. It's not exactly the mountains (the real big mountains are like an hour away) but it's high enough that it gets pretty cold here. And since my room faces North... well, I'm always freezing.
Oh wow people really are stupid provoking fires for fun... I once made a fire with a magnifying glass and some paper in my back yard. I actually started a FIRE in my backyard. But it was only a flame (pretty big flame) and I was able to blow it out while my parents sat there laughing at me. It was awesome. I'm glad you're okay and away from the fires! Yeah, we do get international news here and we do hear whenever there's big fires anywhere. Or floods. I remember hearing about floods in Australia some other year.
  • Posted at:

1 , 2 , 3 ... , , 8 , , 10