CLASSIFIED

@Aimee: thanks! I'm almost there only 5000 left! I can totally do this :)

@Charli7e: whoa, wait. What poem? I can't remember what poem it was. Could you post it here or give me a link to the thread in which I wrote it? I just want to see it, but sure, you can use it I don't mind. Poetry's not my strong suit so I'm surpised you'd want to use it but whatever floats your boat. Oh I wish I could read your elf story so we could compare and contrast! But if you want to get it published you should probably not post it online so... if you ever decide you don't want to publish it do post!! That's awesome you're writing a book too, we should totally virtually whack each other whenever we slack off from writing to keep ourselves motivated to finish our stories :)
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Front sm

lightningthief5

aka LightningCatacombs1

Branch: Ekaterina

XD Sure I'll virtually whack you! (You can whack me too) I'll go and find the link. Fiction is so much easier to write than, like, essays and stuff. I can never finish my composition homework. :P C'ya

• Posted at:

☮

>O

Psych-O

Tick tock

WORLDS)(COLLIDE

A C-H-A-I-N Reaction of Compassion

Whatever floats your boat...Or sinks your Titanic.

You feed the MADNESS and it feeds on you

The prince fought valiantly.

He slayed the dragon.

The princess cried for days.

She loved that dragon.

-The stories fairytales don't tell

Front sm

lightningthief5

aka LightningCatacombs1

Here's the link.

http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/15747/5

It's about halfway down.

• Posted at:

☮

>O

Psych-O

Tick tock

WORLDS)(COLLIDE

He slayed the dragon.

She loved that dragon.

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

I know you can do it!!!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

indigowatching1 aka WritingArt2

aim4good

Check it out: http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/23666

Front sm

elfdragon179

aka EmeraldDragon1227

Branch: Tomas

posting to find later!!! really good bye the way!!!

Black Dragon~~ 
  • Posted at:

elfdragon179 aka EmeraldDragon1227

Everyone has a purpose in life, we just have to find it.-Me

"You are two sides of the same coin." Kilgarah

A story of mine--topics/96808

SUPERWHOLOCK

AVENGERS

GIshWHes crazy time!

CLASSIFIED

@Charli7e: ohhh THAT poem! Yeah, I remember that! Sure, if you want to use it feel free to do so! Good, I'm looking foward to virtually whacking you.

• Posted at:

Front sm

lightningthief5

aka LightningCatacombs1

:D Thanks. You know, I have this funny feeling that I'll be whacked until I'm typing in black and blue...

• Posted at:

☮

>O

Psych-O

Tick tock

WORLDS)(COLLIDE

He slayed the dragon.

She loved that dragon.

CLASSIFIED

@Charli7e: I have a feeling your feeling is an accurate description of the future :)

I just wanted to say, I won NaNoWriMo! I wrote 50,000 words in one month and I'm so proud!! Thanks to all of you for sticking around here while I abandoned this story to work on my novel, it's awesome to know you're so supportive. I'll be eternally grateful!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

lightningthief5

aka LightningCatacombs1

...Is that another opinion, or are you just psychic now?

-1('cause I predict something similar in your future...)
  • Posted at:

☮

>O

Psych-O

Tick tock

WORLDS)(COLLIDE

He slayed the dragon.

She loved that dragon.

Front sm

wolfdreamer11

aka AgentDreamer92

Branch: Janus

Congrats Carla! I checked out the post, but I never knew what to say. I felt that if I ever said anything it would be too random or I would feel weird afterwards. I didn't know what to say, but I did hope that you would do great!!! I'm glad you won. I might do it next year. What did you write about?
~Kayla 
  • Posted at:

I love wolves! I mean they're awesome!

Soccer's amazing! I got kneed in the jaw!

Tiger's are my favorite feline

And I'm a Christian :)

*interviewer raises hand* Why are you bouncing on a ball while answering?

*stops bouncing* I never said I was sane.

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

CLASSIFIED

@Charli7e: oh I'm pretty much psychic, yeah. I see everything in everyone's minds... mwahahaha!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@Aimee: thanks!!

@Kayla: wow I'm surprised! That's the first time you don't sign as Dreamer!! Aww you shouldn't have felt weird to post! Everyone was welcome to join in if they wanted to :) And yes, you should totally do it next year. It's so rewarding to win and you feel so proud. Now I feel guilty whenever I'm not writing because I got it into my head that I can't fall behind word count lol. This morning I was like "yeah I should really be writ- oh wait, NaNoWriMo's over...". Weird feeling, this NaNo-hangover!

So do you guys really want me to continue with this story or have you gotten bored of it by now?
  • Posted at:

Front sm

fallinggale12

aka AgentCaptain84

Branch: Lucian

Hi Carla!! :) It's been a seriously long time since I went to the MB... And uh... what happened? Oh and continue the story!!!

~Hydra
P.S. Nicole's in the US for a while...
  • Posted at:

fallinggale12 aka AgentCaptain84

"Do it with your dying will."

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

CLASSIFIED

@Hydra: ooh lucky Nicole!! I just abandoned this story for a month because I was busy writing my novel for NaNoWriMo, that's what happened :) I'll hopefully start it back up now if you guys still want me to.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

lightningthief5

aka LightningCatacombs1

You should totally continue! I'm kinda glad you did stop for a while, if only for selfish reasons, though. It was giving me a month to catch up reading the story. :D But yes! Continue now! (Psh. Well, than I must be psychic too. ;))

• Posted at:

☮

>O

Psych-O

Tick tock

WORLDS)(COLLIDE

He slayed the dragon.

She loved that dragon.

CLASSIFIED

Alright then, I'll continue writing this as soon as I can :) Just keep in mind I have final exams coming in less than 2 weeks time that I haven't started studying for though... I have to study all the stuff I've covered in 9 different classes from September to now. And I have to take 9 final exams in 4 days. Insane much? Yeah, I think so. I have a theory my school just hates children and likes to torture us until we're bleeding on the floor from exhaustion. Sooo I'll try to write as soon as I can but be warned. Ugh, why can't December 20th get here already so I can get these exams out of the way...

ALSO. I've been thinking of maaaybe rewriting this story to make it a little better, especially the first few chapters. I don't know if I'll do it or not but just saying.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

wolfdreamer11

aka AgentDreamer92

@Carla- You should most defiantly write more of the story! Oh yeah remember that 43 page story that I think I told you about? Well, guess what. I never found it! I have the first five pages, but I'm so angry that I don't want to write it! I know, I could possibly make it better, but I'm in the middle of other stories. Lol. NaNo-hangover! If I had done it, I probably would be the same way. I hope you do well on your finals! I have only one to take, but next semester I'll have three! I'm freaking out big time! I don't feel like being all weighed down because of so much homework! I guess I'll have to figure out what to do. Well Kayla out! ~Peace, Kayla 
  • Posted at:

Front sm

lightningthief5

aka LightningCatacombs1

XD Can you bleed from exhaustion? I have yet to expierience that.

• Posted at:

☮

>O

Psych-O

Tick tock

WORLDS)(COLLIDE

He slayed the dragon.

She loved that dragon.

CLASSIFIED

@Charli7e: uh, maybe I exagerated that a juuuust a little bit. Well when you make a lot of physical effort you taste blood in your throat anyways. Or at least I do. Maybe I'm weird. Forget I said anything.

@Kayla: one semester? God I'm jealous. Trust me, 3 is nothing. Which grade are you in anyways? Relax, you'll be fine. If you're feeling like you have too much work remember me and my 9 semester exams plus ten tons of homework, 2 honors classes and 5 extracurriculars. AND NaNoWriMo. I feel so old all of a sudden. Not too long ago older kids were telling me this and now... I'm in their shoes. How on earth did this happen? That sucks that you only found the first five pages of your story :( So frustrating right? Well, there's always time to rewrite if motivation strikes you again!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

wolfdreamer11

aka AgentDreamer92

@Carla- You have a lot more classes than I do. I would be freaking out if I had that many classes. I have that same feeling. I always heard high schoolers complaining about work and stuff, and now I'm there and I am like I'm in their shoes! I think I might work on my story again, but I have ideas for a different story.
~Kayla  
  • Posted at:

Front sm

lightningthief5

aka LightningCatacombs1

XD Juuuust a little bit.

• Posted at:

☮

>O

Psych-O

Tick tock

WORLDS)(COLLIDE

He slayed the dragon.

She loved that dragon.

CLASSIFIED

@Kayla: yeah, just imagine what college will be like! Oh we're going to have a baaaad time...
  • Posted at:

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Carla, Carla, Carla!! You're 15 now! Awesome! Will you have a quinceañera party or is that for other cultures like Mexico or something? I think that would be cool! CONGRATS on finishing your NaNoWriMo. I don't think I could do it. I can be creative, but I don't know enough about the habits and behaviors of people to write anything interesting and to keep people in character and stuff. Even if I wrote from the POV of my cat Sadie or something, I still wouldn't know how to characterize her. I'm much better at short stories. Do your parents know you did that? They must have either thought you were nuts, or they were very proud of you. I hope it's the latter.

I'm glad you have two friends in school that you can hang with and talk about books and stuff. I'm sure that all of your extra curricular activities are giving you much more exposure and other teens are wanting to get to know you. It's also awesome that they ask you for books to read. You are a good person to go to for that! I have been reading a lot, as usual, mostly from the library. I just finished Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon. It's great. There is at least one more book after this one, probably more. I am about 1/3 finished with the Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie: Matched, Crossed, Reached. I can't wait to finish it. The series is getting a lot of good reviews. Across the Universe, Struck by Jennifer Bosworth, Wonder by Palacio, Origin by Jessica Khoury, Blood Red Road by Moira Young, and Crewel by Gennifer Albin are on the YA  GoodReads list and on my wish list on Amazon (they're not in the library). Have you read Unwind? Sooo awesome! I have Unwholly in my library pile to read when I'm finished with Reached. I also will be getting CVV #5 (Trust No One!) in the mail soon! Yay!!! Other library books in my pile are The Breadwinner Trilogy (in one book), Words by Ginny L. Yttrup, and Gone by Mo Hayer. I hope it's good because Mo has written several books. My Grandma is going to give me 3 books for Christmas that I know of for sure. My aunt (Abby and Joce's mom) is going to buy me books from Amazon - I gave her four titles to choose from. All of these books are Christian. My mom has already ordered me a bunch of books for Christmas. Mostly they are Holocaust survivor books. You really should read The Girl in the Green Sweater by Daniel Paisner. I'm telling you, it's similar to Anne Frank, but better. It never fails to amaze me how these people live through fear, silence, lack of movement, lack of privacy, starvation, etc. It's a true story and of all of the many amazing books that I have read, this is one of the very best ones, though I do have other favorites because there are so many different stories of miracles that came out of the horror of the Holocaust. Oh, and how do you read books on Tumblr? I looked it up, but didn't know how to find books. I thought you didn't like to read off a computer or tablet? Oh - again! A lot of the books that you and I have read (combined) are also on the GoodReads list as notable books.

Wow, you asked for a lot of good books for Christmas. I think I'm too young to read LOTR because I tried to read The Hobbit and the descriptions were mind-boggling long and drawn out, tho the story was good. I didn't finish it, though. I haven't read The Scorch Trials yet cuz my mom is hoping that the paperback version of The Death Cure will come out soon. I am sooo bad at remembering what I read in the previous book that it seems best for me to try and wait whenever I can manage the self-control. I have the 2nd book in the Infinity Ring series, but I haven't read it yet. I can't help but read The 39 Clues books as they come out, though. You know there will be a third series of books, right? I'm so hyped about that. I don't want this to end even if I don't have as much time for it as I used to. I FINALLY became an official Madrigal!!! I just had to pass the Ekat challenge, but it took me a lot of practice to finally get it. When I finally won, it seemed so easy. 

I had a good Thanksgiving with my family. i got to spend a lot of time with my cousins and I loved that. I ate the traditional Th-giving dinner four times over three days - sooo awesome! (My mom doesn't cook real food too often.) We usually go back for our Christmas between Christmas and New Years, but we're not sure what's happening this year because my Grandma and others want to visit her brothers in another state and we don't know when that will happen. Well, I'm off to bed now cuz I have an early dr. appt. I see 3 new drs in two days - Wed and Thurs - I hope I get some relief from pain and to be able to sleep better. Blessings and TTFN! George 
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

of the eternal life to which you were called

when you made the good confession

before many witnesses." 

I Timothy 6:12

Front sm

wolfdreamer11

aka AgentDreamer92

@Carla- Okay I replied to this, but apparently it didn't send because something popped up saying that this url was invalid. 
Oh my five fingers to the face Carla! I'm gonna have a lot of work in college! *looks off into the distance and shudders* That was scary. The thing is I was gonna have to deal with college work if I did dual enrollment, but I'm not going to. I wanted to be with my friends, go to homecoming, football games and graduation. I promised that if we went to the same high school I would stay. I'm not doing the dual enrollment thing anyway because my mom said no. She made the big decision for me. She was worried that the work wouldn't be rigorous enough. I wanted to do it though because I would be ahead of all of my friends by two years college wise.

Have you read any good books lately? I've read a bunch of books this year. My librarian has recommended all of them for me!!! She totally connects with us!!! She's epic!!! She was the one who told me about Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth, Shiver, Linger, and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater, and more. One book that I read made me cry because it was so sad. The second book of that series wasn't as sad, but it was still sad. Over Thanksgiving break, I read most of it. If I didn't read I was writing a story. I have now two that are in the 30's (page number wise). Guess what! I lost my flashdrive again, and it is new. I got it after I lost the first one. I freaked out all day about it, and this girl in my class found it! I was practically jumping for joy in the hallway! 

Wow, this is the most I have ever written!
~Kayla 
  • Posted at:

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

You're continuing. You. Are. Continuing. YEEEEESSSS!!!
Okay, that may have been a little bit of an insane reaction. But it's legitimate. Promise. I swear you just made my day. So . . . Thanks :D
I personally think your first few chapters (along with all the others) are great and you don't need to rewrite them. However, if you really want to, then that's totally up to you.
Remember how ages ago I told you I was writing my own story? It's coming along well and I'm definitely not posting it because I plan on having it published. A long shot, I know, but hey, I dream big. I'm up to chapter 7, and my friend at school says its really good, so I'm proud of it. A bit irrelevant to everything else that's going on, but I thought you might want to know. 
You've got exams? Man, I feel sorry for you. I finished all my assessments for the year (*fist pump*) and school ends in *counting on fingers* 7 school days not including today. I'm already celebrating :) I totally get the whole "bleeding from exhaustion" thing. Never tried it, but I've come close. HAHA. 
Cant wait to read the next chapter! Good luck with all your exams! 

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- The name is Sam. Female.

- I write, read, and apparently am good at maths and other school stuff.

- I'm 16, and in Year 12.

- I'm Australian.

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. - Bill Gates

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Good luck with all your exams/finals!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

@Carla - Are you finished with all of your tests? Have you gotten the results of your PSATs yet? I was wondering, does your sister read as many books as you do? Do you have similar interests and share books (other than The 39 Clues)? Because that would mean that you have access to twice as many books. Do your parents read as much as you? Is it in your blood or something? Just wondering because I'm the ONLY ONE in my family who reads anything other than magazines. That's why I insist my mom always get my cousins books for gifts in addition to other things. Then, someday, they could inherit some of my books and BORROW the books I won't want to part with. How much time to you get off from school over Christmas and New Years? Enough time to read and write just for fun? I mostly follow the local school schedule even though I do cyberschool, so I'll get off 12 days, including weekends. Hey - I'll take anything I can get!!! TTFN! lj George Don't know why I feel secretive. I just finished reading Trust No One. As SOON as you get your hands on books 4 & 5, you should drop everything and read them. 5 is better than 4, but that just means that 6 will be better than 5 since we're nearing the end of CVV. Still read them in order, of course. Then, let me know when you've read them so we can "talk"! Bye! :o)
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

of the eternal life to which you were called

when you made the good confession

before many witnesses." 

I Timothy 6:12

CLASSIFIED

@George: hey! Um no, we don't do quinceañera parties in Spain, that's just Mexico I think. LOL it's funny how all Americans think Spain is the same as Latin America... in truth the only thing we have in common is the language and even that is different because people from South America speak Spanish like they're singing and use words such as "mamita" and I'm like "wait, what did you just call me?". So no quinceañera parties for me, but it's still kinda cool to be 15 because next year my mom's going to teach me how to drive even if it's illegal in Spain (we can't drive until we're 18 here) and because I was getting kinda bored of being 14. And I can now say I've lived a decade and a half :)

Thanks! I felt so proud to have finished NaNoWriMo! Oh keeping people in character in stories is hard... I have a notebook I planned my NaNo novel in and I had to make whole files for characters and desribe them in every possible way, find quirks and details to make them more realistic. But I think the key to making characters realistic is giving them inner demons to overcome. That is SO much fun because you get to create tragic backstories for them and it's awesome. I'm cruel, I torture my characters too much. But don't just say you can't do it! If you practice you will be able to! I still haven't finished my novel (even though I hit 50K) , but if I finish it before June 30 2013 I can send it to NaNoWriMo and they'll send me 5 copies of my book in paperback. Wouldn't that be awesome?? To have actual copies of a book I wrote? I just hope I manage to finish it and not forget about it and abandon the project. Yeah my parents know I did NaNoWriMo but meh, they don't reall care much I don't think.

Well I wouldn't call them "friends" exactly, but classmates I can talk to. It's not like I hang out with them in lunch and break or call them or text outside school or anything. We just have a few conversations about books, that's all. Still, better than nothing I guess. Uh, about the "other teens wanting to get to know you", not so much. I have psychological proof I'm weird, okay? This personality test I took in my psychology class at summer camp told me only 1% of the world's population has the same personality type as I do (there are 16 types in total). So yeah, I'm not someone people are eager to get to know. But you know what? I've stopped caring by now. I'm used to not having friends and I have my sister and books so WHATEVER.

Books, oh books. Recently I've finished reading "I am Number Four" which was okay, and I'm halfway through "Life as we knew it". I'm kind of disappointed by the latter, it's so slow and it gets on my nerves that the main character's name is Miranda because that's the last name of a girl who I really don't like at my school (the really annoying one, I think I've told you about her before). I reaaallly want to read "Th1rteen R3asons Why" next, it just looks so good. I ended up adding even more books to my Christmas list (my mom must hate me by now) including the Chaos Walking trilogy (which a girl in my class recommended to me) and two classics by Charles Dickens ("A Tale of Two Cities" and "Great Expectations"). My history teacher gave me this huuuge list of books that are like the "must read before you die" books, classics all of them. I've already read about 7 of the books on the list (Anne Frank, Romeo and Juliet, Catcher in the Rye, Of Mice and Men, Lord of the Flies, 1984 and The Prince) but I plan to read as many of them as possible! Ugh I'm so annoyed that "CVV: Trust no one" has come out and I haven't even read "Shatterproof" yet. I'll get both of them for Christmas though, thankfully. And yeah, I heard about the third 39C series! Woohoo!

No, you misunderstood me. I don't read books on Tumblr (I don't even have a tumblr or go on it except to check out book fangirling gifs, posts, news and stuff) what I meant was that the girls in my class (who do go on Tumblr and are obsessed with it) heard about the kind of books I read on Tumblr. Like, they saw posts about Divergent or TFIOS and they knew I'd read those books so they asked me about them. Speaking of which, EVERYONE is going to read TFIOS now because I praised the book. Like, everyone wants a copy now and I'm just sitting there thinking "John Green, I just got more customers to buy your book". But honestly, those girls only read to keep up with the news on Tumblr, which kind of annoys me for some reason.

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving lunch with the girls in my class was pretty good. They even bought me a late birthday present, I was so surprised!! And I had this brownie with vanilla ice cream and fudge for dessert that was amazing :) I hope everything goes well at the doctor's!

Oh I haven't even started my finals yet. They start on Friday the 14th and end on Thursday the 20th. Last day of school is the 21st. Usually I'd just skip the last day of school (like most high school students do) because I'm exhausted after finals, but since I'm Student Council I have to show up and set an example or whatever. I've only studied biology so far, and nothing for the other 8 subjects. But biology, pre-calculus and Spanish are the ones that worry me the most. Well Spanish not so much except that I need to memorize about ten billion biographies and stuff for literature. I'm barely going to study for geography, classical studies (reading the Percy Jackson books has given me a great advantage in this class cause I know so much about Greek mythology already...) and English (this class is a waste of time, the teacher doesn't know how to be a teacher), and I'm not going to study at ALL for French because we're just having a DELF A2 as our semester and it's pretty easy. I did a practice with my French tutor (the private one who comes to my house on Fridays) the other day and got most stuff right. World Cultures and Sociales... well, I'll probably skip school a couple days this week to stay home and study so I'll have time. But Pre-calc is going to be horrible, I just know it. And I'll probably get my PSAT results during finals week, although I'm not sure I want to see them...

Oh yes my sister reads as much as I do, and most of the same books too. One thing you must know, my sister and I are one person. What one does, so does the other, we're inseparatable. That's just how it's always worked, I don't know why. I know most people who have siblings barely talk to them, and fight all the time and all but my sister and I don't. I think she's the only person in the world who I tell everything to. The thing is about 90% of the time we talk about books. She's read T39C too, and Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, The Mortal Instuments, The Infernal Devices...etc. I'm trying to get her to read Divergent, but she doesn't have time right now cause she's reading a bunch of history books too (she loooooves history). I read my sister's books and she reads mine (not all of them, but many). So yes, I do have access to twice as many books, I just wish I had time to read all of her books. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my sister. I wouldn't have anyone to talk about books with (except people online, but that's different). Honestly, we just talk about books characters like they're real people and they FEEL real to me... it's weird but I care much more about fictional characters than about 99% of people I know in real life. My mom's always telling me that I can't live inside fictional worlds all the time but I ignore her. I found a quote I love, which is "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one". Isn't it beautiful? I think it captures the feeling of really getting into books perfectly. And when my mom tells me to live in real life, I can only think that I don't have to. I know I should, but I'm a reader, and I'm a writer. I can choose what world to live in. Another quote says "We must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy us". Yep, pretty much describes my life. And yes, my parents both read a lot. My mom mainly reads on the computer nowadays cause she doesn't want to spend money though. But we still have gazillions of books at home. Once for English class in 8th or 9th grade our teacher asked us to count how many books we had at home... I lost count when I went over 1000 something. And now we have even more, it's impossible to count. So yeah my family (at least my close family, not so much my cousins and aunts and uncles) reads a lot. Keep insisting that your cousins read, set an example for them and talk to them about books, get them excited about books whatever you do. Not only will you have someone to talk to about books but you'll be giving them one of the greatest gifts in life, I mean it.

Oh I'll be getting 18 or 19 days off school for Christmas. In Spain we get more because we have Three Kings Day on the 5th or 6th (I can never remember the day, I should be ashamed of myself). So yeah I'll have enough time to read and write for fun, but I also have to work on some Model UN policy statements and write a second draft of this essay on Columbus I wrote that my history teacher corrected. Once I give him the second draft in January he'll be sending it to Madrid to get graded. If in Madrid they like it I think they'll be sending it to the U.S. It's part of this international Columbus essay writing contest they do every year. A kid in my school won one year, and it's an international thing so that's pretty impressive. But then again that kid was a genius... Oh well I can only hope for the best :)

Talk to you soon, and let me know how it went at the doctor's! LJ.

Crying because I haven't read Shatterproof yet :( Soon though, I'll get it and Trust No One too, for Christmas. Unfortunately, my sister and I decided to be idiots and we looked up CVV stuff online and read some spoilers for Shatterproof some time ago... ugh. We just couldn't help ourselves, it was necessary. I till want to read it desperately though. I'll let you know when I'm done reading them!

• Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Oh gosh George I just realized I practically gave you the "Encyclopedia of My Life" to read there with my last post. Sorry about that, I'm the queen of rants I can't help myself!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@Kayla: oh yeah I read "Clockwork Angel" and "Clockwork Prince" recently, which are part of the Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. Soooo good but I know a lot of people don't like them because the whole demon thing creeps them out. But I still love them and I love the characters too, probably more than I should. Then I also read "I am Number Four", which was okay. Now I'm reading "Life as we knew it" and I still have 5 other books to read before Christmas after that one. That's so cool your librarian recomends books to you! I mainly get them either from hunting around Amazon or from George here on the MB who is my ever reliable book source :) I need to get working on my stories again too, but studying for finals is taking up a lot of my time and I spent half the morning setting up the Christmas tree today, and I went to sleep at 3:00 AM last night so I woke up pretty late too... Glad you found your pendrive! That must have been such a relief!

@Sam: hahaha glad to have made your day then :) Okay the thing is I like my first few chapters (of this story) too, but I HATE how I introduced all the information in chapter one like BAM! Usually in books authors spread the info out more, so that the reader gets it little by little instead of all together like that. That's what I don't like about my first chapter, it's just this huge rant about Elsmeria and the human world and whatnot. So I think I might need to rewrite that. But actually I've been thinking I'll probably finish the story first, and once I have a completed first draft I'll work on editing that stuff for the second draft. Ooh, good luck with getting that published!! You know what they say, aim high! Do let me know if you end up publishing it! Lucky you're almost done with school. I only have 9 days of school left technically (not counting weekends), but I'm not going to be at school for half of them because I'll be studying at home and the other half will be final exam days. So I should be happy, but I'm not because this is the hardest part of the semester. Man, the school's organization sucks. When we're all exhausted after a long semester of work... FINALS!! Ugh, I wish there were no finals...

@Aimee: thanks!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!

Ever wonder what happened  
                   Between
T
HE 39 CLUES and CAHILLS VS. VESPERS?
            Look no further than

~* THE GAP *~

By
Sierra/LlamaAmbitious1

http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/31471

Could it be?  
Another adventure for the Cahills?
Did somebody let something slip out of his hands?
What’s going on, Ian?
☣The Gap☣
By Sierra, Llama Ambitious 1
www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/31471
  • Posted at:

aim4good

CLASSIFIED

Aimee do you make those advertisement thingies yourself?? If you do, could you pleeaasseee do one for this story? I'll write a chapter if you do :) Well, I'll write it anyways but yeah... I'll dedicate it to you :)
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

GUYS GUYS GUYS. Guess who's finally working on a new chapter? Yep, that's right, this girl over here. I'll try to post it ASAP!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

I did the one on top and Essy made the bottom one. I will try and make one for your story.

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Carla-
Yeah, I suppose I get what you mean about the first chapter. But I definitely think finishing a draft before you edit whole chapters is a good idea. Sometimes  when I'm writing I go through the past couple of chapters and edit little things that need to be fixed. But I don't usually change entire chapters. That can be saved to the end when I've got a full copy. Thanks for the luck :) Fingers crossed it all works out. I have six weeks of summer holidays coming up in two days (I'm jumping up and down with joy, HAHA) so I'll be able to write heaps. Oh wow, I feel sorry for you! Good luck with all that studying and exams and everything! Last year all of our classes were graded, and this year (year 8) they're mixed, but in years 9 and 10 we get put into graded maths classes, and I ended up as the first choice for the top class, so I'm going to be working hard next year. Chances are I'll bleed of exhaustion (see what I did there?). Hopefully I'll survive. Pray for me! And I'll pray for you. Win win right there. HAHA. But seriously, good luck. 

-Sam 

PS: Can't wait for the next chapter! And you're up to 8 pages! It's a time for celebration :D 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- The name is Sam. Female.

- I write, read, and apparently am good at maths and other school stuff.

- I'm 16, and in Year 12.

- I'm Australian.

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. - Bill Gates

CLASSIFIED

You guys can start hating me again already, I wrote a page and a half and then gave up to the temptations of the Internet. Sorry, I'll try again laterrrr (possibly Tuesday).
  • Posted at:

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Here is the flier: I hope you like it.   Aimee

Nicholas lived in two worlds,
                       Elf and Human,

But

Tragedy Strikes
                   Find out what happens to
                          Nicholas in…

❀
Elsmeria
❀ 
                   By Carla/EmeraldMaze45

http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/26408  
  • Posted at:

aim4good

CLASSIFIED

@Aimee: thanks! That's awesome :)

@Sam: sorry it took me an eternity to reply. Been busy studying and procrastinating and stuff. I edit like that too, going back and tweaking a few words but not whole chapters or ideas. But idk... I guess I'll just let it slide for this story. It's not like I'm doing anything serious with it. Oohh you must be in summer break already, right? Lucky thing. My last day of school before winter break is this Friday. Tomorrow I have my last 2 finals. MY LAST TWO FINALS. Do you have any idea how happy that makes me? And easy ones too. But I only get 3 weeks of winter break, not 6. I think this is the hardest year for me, sophomore year. My sister's a junior and she's all like "pshh, junior year is easy. 10th grade was worse". So I have hope next year will be pretty relaxed (aside from all those extra tests I need to take: APs, SATs, CAE, maybe TOEFFL...). And senior year should be pretty sweet aside from college apps (and we get a SENIOR ROOM yeaaahhh). So I just need to make it through one more semester...
  • Posted at:

1 , 2 , 3 ... , , 7 , , 9 , 10