Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Branch: Ekaterina

Hey George,

Since the last post actually posted, here are my answers to your questions:

I love The 39 Clues!

Some of my favorite book series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Nancy Drew Mysteries, Twilight, Harry Potter, Ender's Game, Lord of the Rings, and Circle Series.

Some of my favorite authors: Agatha Christie, William Shakespeare, Edgar Allen Poe, Ted Dekker, Orson Scott Card, and Terry Goodkind.

What I do now: Trying to find a job, taking care of my parents especially my mom, my mom had been seriously ill for years but they finally figured out what was wrong and after a couple surgeries she can run circles around me all day long

What I do for fun: I read every chance I get, I also write books and plays, I draw, sketch and paint, I just recently took up rock painting, I am working on a a group of rocks to represent the Harry Potter books, so far I have a lion, a snake head, and the Deathly Hallows symbol, Next I plan on a set of rock to represent each branch of the Cahill family and then for each book,

Personal stuff: I have a dog named Xander, he is a border collie/spaniel mix, I have a younger sister and brother, my sister is married so I also have a brother-in-law, I am 28 years old, I can't knit but maybe one day will learn

I love that you pray for missing children. It is very nice to meet you!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

indigowatching1 aka WritingArt2

aim4good

Check it out: http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/23666

CLASSIFIED

@Smriti: what popular website stuff? I'm confused lol. I'm glad you like the story!!

@Nicole: IKR? I'm scared of criticism too, even if it's supposed to be constructive. But I try to face it reasonably... if I want to be an author I'm going to have to survive a LOT of negative criticism before I get anywhere, might as well get used to it. WHOA WHAT? Your invisible ink message just stunned me... he has a 39 clues account? I've gotta see that. Which thread is it?? Gimme the name so I can check it out!

@Miks: *groans* MAHIN ASKED NATE?? OMG this is so weird... I guess Mahin has a MB father now hahahaha!! Yeah I guess I do have a lot of official MB titles :) I feel important now: Carla Queen of Nerds, President of Author Link, Lucian Representative on the Writer's Council and Empress of Suspense. OMG I LOVE IT! I sound like someone important and all!!

@Aimee: that is so awesome!! I hope college will be easier and happier for me too... mainly I have 2 different versions of what college will be like in my head: version 1 is the cool part where you're super independent and do whatever you want and there's awesome parties and stuff. Version two is the horrible part of college where you spend whole nights studying until your head splits apart, stressing over 30 page essays and having nervous breakdowns over homework deadlines. I'm scared and excited at the same time, even if I still have 3 years to go before I graduate.

@Dreamer: omg same here. I love to read but I'm always struggling to find time! I read a lot yesterday though, cause it was Saturday and I didn't need to do homework. I seriously need more reading time too! Oh man :( You lost a flashdrive with a 43 page story in it?? That sucks. Didn't you have a copy of it saved on your computer or on another flashdrive?? That's why I always leave a copy on the computer if I pass something to a flash drive. I hope you find it! If you do, post it on the MB, I'd love to read it! I'm glad you enjoyed Chapter 9, I'll try to post more soon!

@Sam: yeah a long time before my vacations... I need a break! I'm glad you liked my newest chapter! I'll try writing more soon. Six pages, woohoo!

@Erika: whoaaa! Calm down!! It's just a quick little chapter of some random story on the MB!! No big deal hahaha!! I love the enthusiasm though, really inspiring! I'll try to write more!

@DecodingEager15: thanks!

@George: well, maybe Finis Mundi doesn't LITERALLY mean the world will end... it's like those 21st of December 2012 theories. Some people say that indeed, the world will end but that doesn't necessarily mean Earth will explode and we'll all die or something. It just means it's the end of the world as we know it. A new era is coming. Maybe "Finis Mundi" refers to that too. There's a poem by William Butler Yeats called "The Second Coming". It talks about this theory that says that every 2000 years an era of the world is over, and a new, improved one begins. We don't die, but the world changes to new ways of life. Something like that anyways.

I like that theory about the Guardians guarding the objects Dan and Amy are trying to collect... it makes sense. Stonehenge is looking more and more like it'll fit into the picture somehow. It's definetly some kind of observatory and all this stuff about star maps and astrolabes... so confusing. Ugh my brain isn't working properly, I'm so tired even though I woke up like 3 hours ago. Well, that thing about March and the full moon makes sense except for one detail... CVV takes places sometime between May and June (according to my calculations) so I don't see how they could wait almost a whole YEAR until March for something to happen. Oh I don't know... you seem to be like ten steps ahead of me, I can't keep up LOL.

Ohhh with that "police letters" thiing you mean Phonetic Alphabet!! Like in aviation! Pliny huh... No, I definetly don't think Leonardo DaVinci's tank will have anything to do with this... a tank meh. There's much better tanks nowadays. DaVinci's tank might've been a great invention in the RENAISSANCE but this is the 21st century, there are more technologically advanced tanks that Vespers could get to without a problem. No, the tank is unimportant.

Volcanoes will come in somewhere here. "Tierra del Fuego" literally means Land of Fire (I guess you know that, but just in case) and if there's a laser mointing at a MOUNTAIN, and you're right about Mt. Shasta... it all points to volcanoes, doesn't it? Tierrra del Fuego sort of reminds me of the "Ring of Fire", as you probably know that's what they call the area around the Pacific Ocean (America's west coast and Asia's east coast) because it is surrounded with volcanoes. Mt Shasta is in California, which is to say on the Ring of Fire. Fiske, who was in California when he was kidnapped, was the first to arrive at the place where they're keeping the hostages. THAT'S IT. The hostages HAVE to be in California, it's too much of a coincidence. Hmm... And then there's this whole thing about that other volcano erupting thousands of years ago and Pliny dying soon after...interesting.

On a slightly diferent topic: I finished Starters! OMG I was SO CREEPED OUT when Senator Harrison told Callie that it was the Old Man inside of Blake all that time... CREEPYYYYYY. And the end... you're right it did remind me of something. When Callie's dad's voice sounded in her head saying "When hawks cry, time to fly" or something like that, it reminded me of the very end of The Dead of Night where AJT texted "Moon Face" to Dan... sort of like the dead dad reapearing after a long time with a special code word. Or is it something else you'd noticed about the end of Starters that I'm not catching on to? Anyways, it was a really cool book :) I'm going to read Legend by Marie Lu now.Yeah, sometimes I read what the books are about on Amazon, but not always cause I forget or I'm too lazy. Ahhh the lazy person's life... and I used to be so hard-working lol. Now all my energy is drained on studying so I'm lazy to the core. I already have a list of 8 books to ask for for Christmas. I'll ask for some more recomendations in later November though... just saying :)

BTW, I don't know if I told you this already, but I submitted my short story to the Writer's Digest contest like a week ago. Won't get the results till February but fingers crossed! Also, I don't know if you've heard of NaNoWriMo? I made a thread about it, check under My Posts. I'm getting ready for NaNoWriMo now, planning everything and developing my characters. I swear I'd never planned out a story this much before. I've even written psychological evaluations on my characters, I feel so proffesional lol. Can't wait for November although I'm worried I won't have time... LJ.

WOOHOO!!! Congrats :) I'm super happy to hear you already had your surgery and it was fine. I'm so relieved :) See, everything's better now isn't it? Free of annoying kidney stone pains. Way to go girl!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Branch: Lucian

Hi Carla & Aimee - G2G2 bed now, but thanks for writing. I will be back 2moro 2 write more ASAP.
TTFN! George ;^)

P.S. - I'LL LOOK FOR NaNo WriMo, George
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

of the eternal life to which you were called

when you made the good confession

before many witnesses." 

I Timothy 6:12

CLASSIFIED

@George: as the Gladers would say: good that :)  
  • Posted at:

Front sm

fallinggale12

aka AgentCaptain84

@Carla: Yeah... Like it's kind of weird like people are presenting and then you're shy to show yours because you think it's hideous and then you change it in the last minute and then they call your name and then all so suddenly people boo and those are just one of the weirdest rants I've ever made... But anyway it wasn't exactly AJT but it was Admin Jen T but it is possible she could be Arthur Trent though... So... uh... yeah... And I just bought Divergent and I know that you love the series but I just read like half of the book but I don't really get it could you like explain it to me? Oh and the thread was named: 'Makeup Gurus?'
  • Posted at:

fallinggale12 aka AgentCaptain84

"Do it with your dying will."

CLASSIFIED

@Nicole: HAHAHAHAHA I can't believe I thought you meant Arthur!! Silly me... of COURSE it's Admin Jen T!! Ugh, sorry I'm kinda stupid like that lol. You're reading Divergent?? YAY :) So, in a dystopsian (sp?) future Chicago, the city is divided into 5 factions (Erudite, Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless and Amity) and when they turn 16 each person gets to choose if they want to change and go live with another faction or stay in the faction in which they've grown up in (where their family is). Tris is from Abnegation, but she changes to Dauntless when she turns 16. Before you choose the faction where you'll spend the rest of your life, you take a sort of "test" that determines your personality and in which faction you'd fit in best. Usually people get 1 of the 5 results. If you get more than 1, it means you're Divergent (like Tris). So yeah basically Tris goes to Dauntless and the first book is about her initiation (like training you have to pass to become a full member of the faction) and how she deals with stuff at Dauntless. IDK how far ahead you've read so I don't want to spoil anything for you... Ask if you have any questions or something though.
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Hey, nice story! keep going, i want to know how it ends! BTW, the name seem really familiar to me, i just don't know why..... maybe it similar to a word in a book i've read..... i dunno, but still, keep up the good work!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

@Carla - Chicago? How'd I miss that??? Looks like we've all been busy. I read Infinity Ring by James Dashner (the "Good That" guy!). It's going to be a series written by different authors just like The 39 Clues. Pretty good. I think that time travel is the latest thing other than dystopia. We have an apartment inspection Tues morning that I've had to help with since we're going away Friday to Monday to celebrate my cousin's birthday (AND MINE since our car died when we had tried!), so I'll be back after Tuesday!!! Have a great weekend!!! George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

CLASSIFIED

@FieryCobra76: thanks, I'm glad you like it! IDK why the name seems familiar to you... I made it up years ago (like at least 5) when I played pretend-to-be games with my sister :) Maybe someone else came up with the same name for their book/movie or whatever, but I've certainly never heard it anywhere else! If you do remember where you've heard it before, do tell me please. I don't want any angry author demanding me for plagiarism or anything lol.
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@Carla Yeah...you sure are busy :P
  • Posted at:

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Carla-
Use the weekend as a break! Time to chill out, sit around and eat junk . . . It's what I do :) LOL. School has just started again, and after one week I'm already counting the weeks until I get holidays again. Early finish this Wednesday, and no school on Friday *fist pump*. I hate weekend homework though. What a bummer . . . Why on the first week? Homework and assignment already? Grr -.-

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- The name is Sam. Female.

- I write, read, and apparently am good at maths and other school stuff.

- I'm 16, and in Year 12.

- I'm Australian.

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. - Bill Gates

CLASSIFIED

@George: wait, you didn't know Divergent was set in Chicago? They mentioned that big famous Chicago building!! Sears Tower? Where the Dauntless zipline was? And also the dried up lake? As in Great Lakes? I pretty much figured it was Chicago anyways, and I think the author said something about it too if I remember correctly... I'm reading Legend by Marie Lu right now, pretty good :) Have fun with your cousins!! I have a long weekend (didn't have school on Friday, national holiday in Spain) so I'm relaaaaxing. Have fun! Talk to you Tuesday!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

stormmusician3

aka BrilliantOperative10

Branch: Janus

<3 love the story! :)

Chantal 
  • Posted at:

stormmusician3 aka BrilliantOperative10

Bloody Princess~

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

I am still reading and loving this! Sorry if I don't keep up conversations anymore, I was told I was being too personal.

The only suggestion I have is to write more story because it is an awesome story!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

CLASSIFIED

_  
oh... dear... lord... THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! TG AND TB APPROVE!!!! :D 

TG TB 
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@Miks: busy is an understatement!

@Sam: I do use weekends as a break, but there's a liiiiittle problem with that. It starts with W and ends with EEKEND HOMEWORK. It sucks, seriously. We get too much of it. Oh yeah, I didn't have school this past Friday either! October 12th is a national holiday in Spain (día de la hispanidad). And next Monday (22nd) I don't have school again!! Oh I love those little random no-school days. I know, too much work for me too :( AND I HAVE TO TAKE MY PSATs THIS WEDNESDAY!!!

@Chantal: thanks!

@Aimee: good to know you're still here! I will, I'll write more soon if I can. Thanks for reading!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

stormmusician3

aka BrilliantOperative10

@Carla: :D Oh and I saw that Nicole and Hydra are here right? Well, technically I usually see them in school but ANYWAY!!! POST!!! POST!!!
~Chantal 
  • Posted at:

Bloody Princess~

CLASSIFIED

@Chantal: oh you know Hydra and Nicole in real life?? Awesome!! Say hi from me in school :)

@TG and TB: hey! Woohoo! You approve :) Glad you like the story!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

stormmusician3

aka BrilliantOperative10

@Carla: Yeah, it's pretty awesome :) Already did this morning. Kinda' awesome you have so many posts, though :)

~Chantal/Channie d Bunny 
  • Posted at:

Bloody Princess~

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

@Carla - I had a really awesome time at my cousins. We celebrated my birthday. I got a rainbow cake! Each layer was a different color. My 5yo cousin helped to make it, then iced and decorated it. She was so thrilled when I cut into the cake and saw the rainbow. (I'm a rainbow junkie!) And we passed inspection (of the apt), so hopefully I won't have to do much cleaning for a while. I started to read Crossed, the sequel to Matched, but I forgot where Matched left off. So, I switched and I'm reading The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker. It's awesome. It's a 14 day library book, so I have to finish it soon.  I have homework, but I will come back to write about what I, then you, talked about regarding the star cards. TTFN!!! George

@Aimee - We can still be friends if you don't want to share much. If it's not too personal, there's nothing to worry about since we only know your first name. I don't remember what I told you before, so I'll sort of start fresh. I don't like Percy Jackson and I hate Twilight, so I don't think I'd like Terry Goodkind. I like Orson Scott Card, but the more I read of his Ender series, the weirder it gets. (It's supposed to be a movie soon!!!) I like mysteries, but I don't like scary stuff like Ted Dekker or Poe. I like Divergent, Legend, The Secret Series, Michael Vey, The Age of Miracles, Clara's World, Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Maze Runner, Birthmarked, Life As We Knew It, Variant, Starters, Monument 14, Ashfall, Enclave, THG (and all of their sequels). I like authors Margaret Peterson Haddix, Paolo Bacigalupi, Gemma Malley, Pittacus Lore and Brian Selznick.

I hope you find a job. What kind of job are you looking for? I'm glad that your mom is doing well after being sick for so long. I always seem to have some health problem going on, but I try to keep going when I can. I do internet school for two reasons: 1) I was bullied in school and nobody would make it stop even though they have a zero tolerance policy against bullying. (My best friend, a boy named Dominic who is 11yo, was bullied, too, in elementary school last year and they wouldn't make it stop.) 2) My sleep is sooo crazy and no amount of tests have helped figure out what's wrong. Sleep meds don't help. I just wake and sleep whenever. My days and nights are often backwards, I'm awake for two days and then sleep for 12 hours - stuff like that.

Too bad you aren't allowed to take a pic of your painted rocks and post it - I'd like to see your collections. I read constantly, play games on the computer, do word puzzles, and make cards and stuff with rubber stamps. I'm not artistic, but I am creative. TTYL. George
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

CLASSIFIED

@Chantal: so many posts on this story you mean? Or overall in the MB?

@George: ohhh rainbow cakes are the new internet sensation, in case you didn't know. I see pictures of them everywhere although I've never eaten one myself. I'm glad you had fun at your cousin's! I'm still working on "Legend" which is sooo good up to now :) I've read about half of the book and I'll see if I can finish it this weekend. I love Day, seriously... he's so awesome! June I don't love so much. I wish I had her mad perception skills though!! So observant! But yeah she doesn't appeal to me as a character. She's too perfect and quite frankly I'm always on the underdog's side.

Hey, guess what? I got into my high school's Student Council :) I'm class representative for 10th grade. So the thing is we vote for our class rep, right? Three people in 10th grade wanted to be class rep (including me). BTW keep in mind 10th grade consists of like 25 people (1 class)... it's a small school. I really surprised myself by having the guts to raise my hand when they asked who wanted to run for class rep... honestly I didn't think I'd dare to do it. Of course, I didn't get voted because as you well know I'm not exactly popular. This guy got elected, but the thing is he wasn't really serious about it. That guy is the most irresponsible person in the whole class and is always failing exams and stuff. He skipped the first two Student Council meetings and didn't want to take any responsibilities or anything, he just wanted to be class rep to make his dad proud or whatever. So after like 1 or 2 weeks he quit, and I got the job! The third person who wanted to be class rep got another different job in the Student Councl (secretary), so I was the only one left who wanted the class rep position and I got it. I'm so happy!! Another show-offy thing to put into my college applications!! Plus, the Student Council's pretty fun... we get to plan Prom and everything :) Tomorrow we're having a bake sale... I haven't done one of those since 8th grade.

ASDFGHJKL!! I almost forgot, I took the stupid PSATs yesterday!! OMGGGG so long and hard... and it's only the PSATs, not the real SATs which are twice as long (4 hours instead of the PSAT's 2 hours). Not even the SAT Prep course I took at camp this summer prepared me for this... ughhh. Well, I did my best. I'm not getting my results till December anyways.

GTG, I'm  supposed to be writing my Model U.N. policy statement on the issue of "establishing nuclear-free zones in the Pacific" :) My school's representing Malaysia this year!! I was kinda hoping for Israel but oh well... I always knew that was a long shot. And it's better than last year's Liechtenstein too.

AAAAHHHH sorry for rambling on and telling you the boring details of my life (it's my mom's birthday today!).... I'll be quiet now. BYE!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

George,

The Ender series does get a little weird. The order you read them in can get a little confusing too. Especially since you goes forward in time with books 2- 4 and then back in time for several of the others. I can't wait for the movie. I read Divergent when my cousin stayed with me. She had left the book with me while she was sightseeing and I read it while she was gone. I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel. I haven't heard of most of the books you listed so I might have to make a library run.

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Haha, I know how you feel about that! I actually have today off, the half-day was two days ago. It kinda sucked, because I only had 3 classes that day and they were all rather boring - History, Math, and Art with a boring teacher. Yeah, I love those little random day-long holidays too! Who doesn't? And what are PSATs? Whatever they are, good luck!

-Sam
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- I'm Australian.

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

@Carla - Did you know that Divergent is going to become a movie, releasing 3/21/14?!?!?! TFIOS is becoming a movie, too, but I couldn't find a date. They are still looking for a cast for both. There are all kinds of guesses going around about who should play Tris and Four. I know a couple of the female actors being proposed, but I don't know any of the male actors. You should Google it, or maybe you already knew this. TFIOS has people guessing the actors, too. Another countdown for you, huh?

I had no idea that you're school is so small! Wow! I am really happy for you that you are a rep on the student council. It not only will look good for when you apply to colleges, but also will give you an opportunity to shine and hopefully make friends. That's cool that you get to help plan prom. I'm excited for you!!!

So, you don't think you did well with the PSATs, huh? The whole reason to take them is to give you an idea of what the SATs will be like, right? They don't actually count for anything. This guy in church felt the same way after he took his PSATs last year. His parents got him an SAT study book (it's HUGE) and his English teacher has an after school class once a week to help prep for the SATs. He said his parents might get him a tutor. It's really important to learn word roots and Latin derivatives and stuff, he said. He did worse on the verbal part of the PSAT's than the math even though his math grades are worse than his English grades. This surprised Ben and his parents so they are thinking of hiring a tutor since there is no math teacher doing SAT prep at the school, just to play it safe and make sure it wasn't a fluke. How did your sister do? She's a senior, so did she take her SATs this year or last? How much prep help did she get? At least you can learn from her experience, right?

I think it is neat how your school gets to do model U.N. stuff every year. It would really be cool to represent Israel on the topic of nuclear free zones.

Onto all that research I did so long ago. You wrote:

"Well, that thing about March and the full moon makes sense except for one detail... CVV takes places sometime between May and June (according to my calculations) so I don't see how they could wait almost a whole YEAR until March for something to happen."

Well, we don't really know when the whole ordeal will end since there are two more books yet to come out, but it does seem like a stretch that it would end 9 months from June, if you are correct. I'll have to look at Shatterproof to see the time period of that book. It just seems so weird that things point to Easter, you know?

And, I was totally agreeing with you that the tank was unimportant. This is what I wrote.
"
I saw a card that says, "What is this item and why did the Guardians go to such lengths to protect it? There has to be more than meets the eye ..." It's card #333 and is labeled: Secret: The Guardian's Legacy. It shows a very rusty cog wheel - it has 12 teeth or cogs and they are very thin compared to the spaces in between. There is a continuous carving at the space, then up the narrow tooth, then down - its yellowish compared to the rust. The center is indented and there are teeth and spaces of even sizes carved (not actual) the whole way around the perimeter of the indentation (also yellow). There are two to three times more of these than of the actual outer teeth. Then there is a circle carved in the indentation (again yellow). At the very center there appears to be a screw or something, although I see no indentation for a screwdriver or any other tool to fit. Below, left, you can see part of a similar cog, without carvings, connected so that the teeth fit into the spaces of the first cogwheel. What little background is evident is also rusted."
First, whatever is pictured on this card is “The Guardian’s Legacy”, which they went to great lengths to protect, so that makes it of monumental importance. The ring existed way before da Vinci, so wouldn’t this rusted thing with cogs that the Guardians protect have existed whenever the ring was made? What could that be and why would the Guardians have allowed it to deteriorate into such a rusty condition?

That's it for now. Take care!! George 
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

CLASSIFIED

@George: WHOA. Whoa. Whoa. Major breakthrough. What IF the tank IS important? Not because of the tank itself, but maybe at some point in the ring's long history it was hidden in the tank. Hidden in plain view, as if it were one more cog or little thingy on the tank? Wouldn't be a bad idea, huh? Maybe...

Oh yeah, I knew about the TFIOS and Divergent movies :) Please, whenever I finish a really good book I instantly go on Google and look for the movie. But 2014?? Seriously? I thought it would be 2013 :( There's a bunch of good movies coming out 2013 though... there's Catching Fire, City of Bones, Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson) and I THOUGHT Divergent but apparently not. Oooh I'm so excited!! I can't wait to see the movies.

BTW I finished reading Legend last night. I felt sooo bad for Day :( Because of what happened to John I mean. It kinda makes me wonder if MY sister would do that for me... I wonder... Anyways the book was really good. Is there a sequel? Cause it feels like there should be. Okay actually I just looked that up. The sequel, "Prodigy" comes out in January 2013.  Lucky me, right after Christmas when I can't get more new books. Oh well...

My sister is actually a junior now, not a senior. She took her PSATs last year, but she hasn't taken her SATs yet (I think she's doing them in January). She actually did pretty good on them too. Her English was super. Her math not so much... it was kinda average but not horrible. My sister struggles a lot with math, like me, she's a person of letters. Oh I have a bunch of PSAT and SAT study books too. Like at least 6 of them. It's just I have to study so much just for regular school that I have zero time (or motivation) to study for the SATs. But the PSATs DO count a little... not for college, no, but if you do well on them colleges start getting interested in you and sending you information and stuff. After my sister did her PSATs a bunch of universities started sending her info pamphlets and invited her to go for a college tour and what not. So if I do well on the PSATs that will happen to me too. And the worst part is, my sister got good grades on her PSAT and she hadn't had ANY prep AT ALL. She hadn't taken a course over summer like I did or anything. She's just so smart (jealousy...jealousy everywhere lol). So I took a prep course at camp and I'm still going to get worse grades than she did on the PSAT. Well what's done is done. Now I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope I didn't do TOO bad.

I spent all morning yesterday planning my NaNoWriMo novel, I'm so excited! I finally figured out who my good guys are and who the bad guys are too, and their motivation. In fact, I developed this whole web of espionage and whatnot, with different organizations and government secrets and stuff, I was pretty proud of the result. Now I just need to link all the series of events together and think of a good way to end the novel. Never thought this would be so hard! I also need to finish planning my characters (I only have like 4 of them succesfully planned and I have TONS more). So yeah, lots of work.

Today I have to go to school (yeah, I know, it's Sunday) for this event we have at school every year. Usually it's in June, but  for the first time they've decided to do it in October. It's just this big fundraiser and all the students and parents are invited to go and there's different booths with activities and international food (meaning: pizza, some mexican stuff and a LOT of korean food... there's dozens of koreans at my school). I have to work for half an hour selling popsicles (every class has to do something, my class got the popsicles). The event is pretty boring to tell you the truth, not much to do except if you're in elementary school and you enjoy little kid games. But I'm class rep so I can't just sneak out of it this year.

Hey guess what?? OMG I can't believe I forgot to tell you this! My history teacher planned a trip to GERMANY for high school!! Out of the whole high school only about 23 people have signed up for now... INCLUDING ME :) So yeah I'm going to Germany in March asdfghjkl!! I went to Germany once when I was 2 years old for a wedding, but I can only remember this toy store and looking out at the big Frankfurt buildings from a train... nothing else. Apparently I even went to Oktoberfest but I can't remember a thing. I thought of you the other day when our history teacher told us that when we went to Germany he'd take us to see a concentration camp. I remember you told me you liked the Holocaust so I thought of you :) I'm super excited!!

Um yeah sorry for rambling on as usual, can't help myself lol. TTYL!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@Sam: PSATs... I guess you don't have them in Australia? They're an American thing. The PSATs are the Preliminary SATs. Which is to say, sort of like a practice for the real SATs (that are longer than the PSATs). They're these really hard standarized exams everyone has to take to get into an American college. There's English and math and it's sooo hard. The vocabulary words are super difficult and you don't have enough time to answer everything. It's insane. But yeah depending on your scores on the SATs (not PSATs, those are just practice) you can get into certain colleges or not. Each college has its own requirements. Basically, they suck. Lucky you don't have to take them!! No school for me tomorrow either! Woohoo! 
  • Posted at:

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Carla-
Oohhhh . . . I suppose they're kind of like the SC? Here, they used to have a School Certificate exam that has to be taken in year 10. They don't do it anymore, but there's still the HSCs, which are the Higher School Certificate exams. They help you get to university and stuff like that, but I don't have to worry about that until year 12, so I'm free for the next *quick math calculation* four years . . . I think. I'm in year 8 now, so . . . a long time to go.
In years 3, 5, 7, and 9, we have to take tests called NAPLAN, which I think stands for the National Assessment Program for Literacy And Numeracy. It's basically tests on spelling, grammar, reading, writing, and maths taken over a three-day period. They don't really count for anything - it's just the government's way of keeping track of the standard in schools. They also have optional ICAS tests. Don't ask what that stands for, but every year, there are four tests on science, mathematics, computer skills, and something else I can't remember. In primary school we had a choice of whether or not we did it, but in my school now they make us do it. I don't know how the HSCs are graded, but the ICAS tests are graded based on the amount of quiestions you get right - a certain percentage for a certain mark. You can get participation, credit, distinction, or high distinction. High distinction is the best and participation is the worst. It's pretty hard to get a credit or better, but I somehow manage it. :)
SATs are pretty much like the HSCs, I think. What grade do you have to do them in? Good luck!

-Sam
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- I'm Australian.

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

CLASSIFIED

@Sam: whoa you have a LOT of tests in Australia, huh? But yeah, basically they're standarized tests. Sorry I took so long to reply, I don't have much time to come on the MB anymore.

Hey guys... I might not be continuing this story for some time cause I'm kinda writing a novel for NaNoWriMo (check under my posts for a thread about it) and I'm really busy with that so... yeah. I'll pick this up when I can!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@Carla Ha! I can see why. NaNoWriMo,high school, stories....and people say kids rush all the time XD...listening to Deep Shadows....I think u may recognize it. :P
  • Posted at:

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Carla-
Yeah, and that doesn't even count half-yearly exams, yearly exams, and all of the topic exams in between. After almost every topic for almost every subject, they have an exam that goes towards your report. And assignments (fifty at once) and all the other stuff they make us do. Blech. :L  I'm going to miss this story. It's so well-written and interesting. You always - ALWAYS - have me hooked with the first line in all of your stories. I've told you before how good of a writer you are, so I don't think I need to repeat myself. But I will say this: If this story really is about to end, you've been an amazing author, and I can't wait to see more of your stories - both on the MB and in the bookshop! ;) Good luck with the NaNoWriMo thing you're doing! 
Talk soon,

-Sam 

PS: If it's not ending, and you decide to continue sooner, then . . . *fist pump* :) 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- I'm Australian.

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

I understand. Good luck with your novel!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!
  • Posted at:

aim4good

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Just posting so this doesn't get lost while you are busy writing your novel.

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

CLASSIFIED

Thanks Aimee :) You're the best!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Carla! I have been busy. Regular stuff, not writing a book or anything like you, O Ambitious One!! I did think it was brilliant how you think that da Vinci's tank could have been used to hide Gideon's ring for a while. You're so smart! I've had to read a lot of little kids books from the library lately cuz my Mom wants to make sure we only get wholesome books for my cousins for Christmas. Abigail is only in second grade, but some of the books are really horrible the way kids treat each other. Her mom doesn't her to read books like that and Abigail hates books like that, so I have to sort through to find the good ones. We're going to be visiting them for five days over Thanksgiving. I am excited. I am the happiest when I'm with my cousins even though they are all so much younger than me. I was worried that you weren't coming to this thread any more and I wouldn't know which thread to use to get back in touch with you. Do you have any holidays coming up? Usually we stay home for Christmas and visit my cousins during New Years to celebrate that and Christmas. I can't wait for them to see what we got them! Abigail (alias) is 7 and her sister Joss is 5. My uncle has two boys, ages 4 and 2. We call them Moo and B. Abigail is all princess and butterflies. Joss loves insects and sharks. Moo is very serious. B is crazy. (Even his hair makes him look crazy cuz of how bad his cowlick is when his hair is long!) The boys love anything vehicles, and nothing else. (Not even Play-doh or fingerpainting or anything!) So, we're getting them books, puzzles, games, stickers, etc, that only have to do with vehicles. I know, I'm boring you, huh? Sorry!

Is your mom going to order your books for Christmas soon? Did you give her a list? I got a couple of new ones from the library that I have yet to read. I'll be getting Infinity Ring #2 after Thanksgiving and Trust No One has been preordered for me. I'm having to limit my books to two a month now cuz everything costs so much. 2013 is our budget year, my Mom says. Then by 2014 we'll be used to it and it'll seem normal. I'm letting her think she's right about this even though she's obviously not. It's not her fault our economy sucks!

I'm going to go to your WriMoNaNo page and see how you are doing. TTFN! George     
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

CLASSIFIED

@George: hey!! Long time no chat! I have news :) Sometime this month I turned 15!! Sooo for my birthday my parents got me the Hunger Games DVD and 2 books they ordered from the U.S. for me. I was so surprised they ordered books before Christmas! BUT THEY DID :) I got Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince, which I've been DESPERATE to read. They're sort of along the same lines as The Mortal Instruments (the demon-creepy ones) and by the same author, but they're set in a different century and with different characters and stuff. I love those books so much, I already finished reading Clockwork Angel and I just got started with Clockwork Prince today. It's also so much fun because there are these two girls in my class who have read the books and I spend half my day fangirling about the books with them. Before I got those books for my birthday I also finished reading The Drowned Cities (Mouse... WHY?), Starters and Legend (although I think I'd already told you about those).

It's weird cause now everyone is asking me for book recomendations!! Like, seriously... the girls in my class HATE reading, but they're asking me to lend them my books or to recommend them some to read just because they hear about the kind of books I read on Tumblr. So far I recommended Divergent to one girl and she went and bought it (in Spanish, though), and tomorrow I'm going to bring another girl Legend for her to read cause she asked me if she could borrow it. Another 2 girls also asked me if I could lend them Divergent. It's so weird to be talking about books with the girls in my class... they usually don't read at all (except for about 3 people; 2 of them being the ones I was fangirling with, the other one the girl I'm lending Legend to).

I've been working hard on my NaNoWriMo novel. So far I have about 30,600 words. I'm currently 5000 words behind schedule, because I've been slacking off writing to read. It's a big issue... to read or to write? That is the question. But today I'll hopefully get at least 1 or 2 K in since I don't have much homework (although I'm going to skype with a friend from camp in a minute) and then comes the weekend in which I'll get ahead as much as I can. I can't believe NaNoWriMo is already on it's 3rd week! It's been insane and I'm barely sleeping 6 hours a night these days because I keep waking up at 6:00 AM to write before school. I'm sort of used to it by now though. Anyways I won't give up! I'll reach 50K if it's the last thing I do! My book is going to be waaay longer than that though, but I can finish it in December. The point is getting at least 50,000 words in November, no matter whether you finish your book or not.

Your cousins sound awesome! I love having little cousins, but most of mine are all grown up now *sniffle*. I remember when my 8-year-old cousin Victor was a baby learning how to stand up, and crawl and when his teeth were growing for the first time... and now he's so big and unfortunately knows martial arts (yes I get hit quite often, it hurts thank you very much). My youngest cousin is 5, and she's the one who lives in the U.S. so I don't see her that often, or her brother, who's also 8 like Victor. That's so sweet of you to take the time to read through all the children's books to make sure they're appropiate! I'm sure your cousins and your aunt will appreciate that! The cousin I spend the most time with is my cousin Angela (Victor's sister). She's your age, 13 (her birthday is a few months after yours) and she's soooo funny!! I have the best times at her house cause we get into all sorts of trouble and we make up weird stuff to do. Like once, with this science game for kids she has, we started mixing a bunch of chemicals into a bowl, and then we added all kinds of food, anything from milk to yogurt, onion, mustard, eggs, cereals, cookies... everything until it was a big disgusting gooey mass and then she flushed it down the toilet. Unfortunately some of the egg bits didn't go down the toilet too well so my cousin threw them out the window (she lives on a 5th floor) ... and they landed on a man's head. He swore so loudly we heard it all the way up in the apartment and hurried to close all the windows. It was hilarious. Other times we spy on her neighbors with binoculars (she has these awesome ones) or we make a game of throwing a lot of little stones into the community pool of her building and then diving to find and retrieve all the stones. Except the last time we did that there was a woman swimming in the pool (usually it's desserted and we have it all to ourselves) and we kept having to dodge her to get the stones, and then the janitor came around and told us off. Oops. Still, we cleaned the whole pool. It wasn't like we were going to leave the stones there. Sorry, rambling.

For Thanksgiving we get early dismissal from school on Thursday and we have no school on Friday, even though we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Spain... but being at an international / American school has it's perks :) So since we get out of school early tomorrow (Thursday) all the girls in my class decided to go for Thanksgiving lunch together at this American restaurant in a mall by the beach. Strangely enough they invited almost every girl in the class so I get to go too. I'm actually looking foward to it, that restaurant has great food and I haven't eaten there in years. I imagine I'll find myself alone in a corner, but whatever. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to strike up a conversation about books with the girls I was fangirling with. I don't go anywhere for Christmas, I don't even see my family (my cousins I mean). I just dress up all fancy for both Christmas and New Years and have a very fancy dinner at home with my parents and my sister. It's kinda cool actually :) I get to wear my fanciest dresses and eat from the best plates and have turrón (it's like a traditional Spanish food we eat only at Christmas which is like chocolate but soooo good omg I love it, it's addictive). So yeah, not many plans for Christmas.

I did give my mom my Christmas book list already. I can't remember all the books in it but it included Shatterproof, Trust no one, Death Cure, Enders, Looking for Alaska (from John Green, the guy who wrote TFIOS), the Lord of the Rings trilogy (believe it or not I've never read them. I thought it was about time to put a stop to my ignorance on one of the most famous trilogies ever), The Hobbit... gah I can't remember what else. It was a bunch of them anyhow.

I gotta go have dinner now. Talk to you soon!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

lightningthief5

aka LightningCatacombs1

Pfft, forget NaNoWriMo, you need to get this published! I only read the first chapter, but it was still awesome. (I will read the rest l8r) I'm writing a story about elves, too. It takes place a long time ago, though. Not, like, modern day. I'm going to try to get it published. I haven't gotten far, though, so that's way in the future. You remember that poem I asked you to write? If it's okay with you, I'd like to use it in my book. (Unless, of course, you have other plans for it) I'd put you in the acknowledgements, of course. You get total credit. And I may change a few words or something. Or I may not use it at all. At this point, I don't really know. But I won't plan on using it without your consent. It wouldn't really affect the plot or anything, but it would still be cool to use. If you're, like, uncomfortable with that, or just would rather me not use it, that's okay. I don't mind. I'll probably not finish the book anyway. (I'm going to try, though. Extremely hard! Harder than the rest of the things I've tried. I haven't given up on them either, yet, though.)

-1(I realize by now you may think that I'm exaggerating your awesome writing skillz. Don't worry, I'm not.)
  • Posted at:

☮

>O

Psych-O

Tick tock

WORLDS)(COLLIDE

A C-H-A-I-N Reaction of Compassion

Whatever floats your boat...Or sinks your Titanic.

You feed the MADNESS and it feeds on you

The prince fought valiantly.

He slayed the dragon.

The princess cried for days.

She loved that dragon.

-The stories fairytales don't tell

Front sm

indigowatching1

aka WritingArt2

Bump!

And good luck on the final days to get 50,000 thousand words on your novel!

Aimee
  • Posted at:

aim4good

1 , 2 , 3 ... , , 6 , , 8 , 9 , 10