Front sm

analyzingacrobatics725

aka DragonDragon804

Branch: Ekaterina

Why do you ask? Because it values quantity over quality. Writing 50,000 words is no easy task. But writing an actual good story ain't any easier you know? Forcing yourself to write way faster than you would usually write will more than likely produce very bad writing. 

A full length novel is great but if it's terrible what's the point?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ONE OF THE REMAINING MEMBERS OF THE UNOFFICIALLY DISBANDED WRITE OWLS

Just an asexual boi

I actually write and roleplay quite a lot.

emmanuel-pacings 

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

Hey Jack, can I ask you something?

• Posted at:

Farewell everyone, it was fun while it lasted....

Front sm

analyzingacrobatics725

aka DragonDragon804

Yes of course.

• Posted at:

ONE OF THE REMAINING MEMBERS OF THE UNOFFICIALLY DISBANDED WRITE OWLS

Just an asexual boi

I actually write and roleplay quite a lot.

emmanuel-pacings 

Front sm

tsunamininja5

Branch: Tomas

It's to get your thoughts down and actually write something for once. Many of us just stare at the screen and write absolutely nothing. NaNoWriMo makes us stop thinking and write. Once you're done, then you can go back and edit it.

I . . . don't see how this produces bad writing. Sorry. You go back and edit anyway, regardless of whether you do this or not, so . . .

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

I was wondering if you would like to do a rp with me.

• Posted at:

Farewell everyone, it was fun while it lasted....

Front sm

sapphiredragon5553

Branch: Lucian

I had actually never heard of nanowrimo and it sounds amazing sort of because i'm horrible at remembering to write...but i can understand where you're coming from saying you don't approve

• Posted at:

Hi, it's Katie:) I'm Lucian and a bit Janus but I'm nice:) I'm home-schooled and on a lot and I would love to chat with anyone! And I'm trying to get my first a five hundred stars, thanks if you make that happen!:)

Front sm

dogyellow583

i disagree with you but i'll wait to give my reasons until i'm published

• Posted at:

Christy ~  currently trying to figure out what’s wrong with me 

Front sm

spyunicorn1

aka FieryLucian3

the entire point of nano is to just write. it pushes you to write. it's forcing you to put something, anything on that blank document. a badly written novel is better than no novel at all, and it's up to the writer to decide if they want to edit later or if they were writing simply for the joy of writing.

sure, it can be bad, but along the way you might think of a new idea, a new plot twist, new character details. nanowrimo isn't 'you have a month to write a novel that is ready to publish'. it's 'you have a month to write anything you want, as long as you write something'.

• Posted at:

ChuCahill & MBer siπce '12

professional craftinator.

#NeverAgain | #SayNoToRacism | #MeToo

"In 2022, who was best man at Dan and Phil's wedding?"

"A terrifying hybrid of of Chris and PJ."

"Correct!"

#It's A Chain Reaction of Compassion

Front sm

winterfrost107

I understand where you’re coming from. I think it’s similar to how artists say that art class destroys their creativity.

• Posted at:

Staof Nohr

#ProudChristian

#RememberSphin

"Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back."

"I never wanted a prince or a fairy tale. I never wanted a big life. I'm just a girl struggling to be Ordinary." - Agatha of Woods Beyond

Front sm

dogyellow583

for some people, they procrastinate and it would take them a really long time to get to 50K if they didn't have a sense of competition. it doesn't work for everyone. if it doesn't work for you, fine, you don't have to do it. but you can't say that no one should do it.

but have you read the Night Circus? that's just one book that was first drafted during NaNoWriMo. there's an entire list of them on the site that have been published.

(regarding my last message: no, i'm not published, i'm just not in a sarcastic mood anymore.)

• Posted at:

Christy ~  currently trying to figure out what’s wrong with me 

Front sm

agentginger211

Branch: Janus

As someone who is not participating in Nanowrimo, and as someone who has a lot of ideas but has trouble getting them down whether it be on paper or electronically, I like the idea of just sitting down and getting your ideas down. (This is coming from someone who spends way too much time with not necessarily editing, but with making sure everything... I guess the word would be... works?) I do however agree with Winterfrost107’s statement that it is similar to how art class destroys an artists creativity, as this actually happened to me in my senior year.

I guess I’d say just do what makes you happy. People who enjoy Nanowrimo, participate. Those who don’t, don’t. To each his own.

• Posted at:

Melissa|AgentGingerCahill

50%Ekaterina&50%Janus

SNAKESALADIN

Anger|Is|An|Acid|That|Can|Do

More|Harm|To|The|Vessel|In

Which|It|Is|Stored|Then|Anything

On|Which|It|Is|Poured~MarkTwain

Front sm

spyunicorn1

aka FieryLucian3

I don't agree with the art class analogy. You are required to produce something specific in an art class. In NaNoWriMo, the only thing you have to do is write. No limits on what you have to write (although they recommend writing a novel, I've always written collections of short stories and the like and I don't see why that shouldn't count towards my word goal). It's more of a free art space where at the end of the day all that matters is that you have put something on the canvas and that you're enjoying practicing your art, whether it's visual or writing.

• Posted at:

ChuCahill & MBer siπce '12

professional craftinator.

#NeverAgain | #SayNoToRacism | #MeToo

"In 2022, who was best man at Dan and Phil's wedding?"

"A terrifying hybrid of of Chris and PJ."

"Correct!"

#It's A Chain Reaction of Compassion

Front sm

ghostmorning7

Yes Chu XD Way to explain it :)) Fully agree with that, I've never been able to participate though lol

~Hope Forever~ Andrea

• Posted at:

~Hope Forever~ Andrea   

Goodbyes are only sad if you know you'll never say hello again

I guess this one is sad

So I'll bid you goodbye for the last time

And say thank you for the memories

Know that I'll miss you tomorrow and ever day after