Front sm

dogyellow583

Branch: Ekaterina

I missed some days already, but I'll catch up :) I'd love to see the things y'all are thankful for as well, though it might be easier if you made your own thread so that no posts get lost. here goes:

Day 1 -- I'm thankful that I learned to read and write. Without that, I couldn't participate in NaNoWriMo this month and I'm having a lot of fun!

Day 2 -- I'm thankful for my parents. Both of my parents are hard workers. My dad started his own business from the ground up after losing  his job a couple years ago. My mom cooks, cleans, teaches piano, teaches us school all day every day.

Day 3 -- I'm thankful for my extended family. They make the holidays fun. Each side of the family has different ways to celebrate. One side plays music together, goes Black Friday shopping late into the night and new this year, we're going to have a cooking/baking day the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The other side is lively, loud conversations of all kinds go on at once, is famous for the number of different icecreams collected in the freezer on a regular basis; they gather around the table to celebrate Thanksgiving by using their talents to bake and cook great food.

Day 4 -- I'm thankful for the semi-truck driver who hit us. If he hadn't made a choice to swerve and do his best to miss our van, even though he knew that he could well be hurt badly (or worse), my family could've gone from 6 members to 1 in a split second.

Day 5 -- I'm thankful for the emergency responders and whoever called 911 for us. Mom had to go to the hospital with one of my brothers, leaving me alone with the other two in the back of the police car. The EMT who stopped to talk to us may never know how helpful that was, just saying the words "it's gonna be okay" even though words can't fix anything. I'm thankful for whoever handed me a bottle of water, the officers who took us to our dad, the off duty emergency responders who jumped out of their car when they saw what happened and came to see how we were doing.

To some extent, yes, it's their job. But they still have a choice to be either comforting and caring or harsh and rude-- these ones chose comforting and caring.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

christy ~ i'm scared for you. freaking out. i want to just know you're okay... alive...~

Front sm

tsunamininja5

Branch: Tomas

Bookmark

• Posted at:

- Samurai -

Kami: You know that technique is forbidden, Piccolo.

Piccolo: Your face is forbidden.

Thorn Jaguar Tarik Akira

Front sm

creativescarlet16

Branch: Lucian

Dear Lord I'll pray for you

*Sends over a virtual care package of tissues, books, sweets, pillows, music records, and anything else you might need*

• Posted at:

Not all who wander are lost, but I most definitely am

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T

Please forgive my forgetting. I don't know anymore. *Tips hat in thanks* 

"For instance, I thought mascara was a type of fish..."-Galaxian

Front sm

dogyellow583

day 6 -- I'm thankful that I had all of my novel in docs so I didn't lose it when my laptop decided to go up in smoke. enough said, am I right?

• Posted at:

christy ~ i'm scared for you. freaking out. i want to just know you're okay... alive...~

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

0_0 How did that happen?

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Life's tough. I try to be tougher.

I wish  all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

dogyellow583

Day 7 -- I'm thankful for art, including writing and music, which are the outlets for our emotions and help us to connect with others.

Day 8 -- I'm thankful for my friend group. Kiara, her sister, Harry Potter and his friend I have not nicknamed yet. They're literally the best and yesterday while playing a game with them I was able for the first time to let go and forget about analyzing everything I did or said.

also they played the role of advice committee and decided that I look better and older in my glasses than without. So I guess I won't get contacts...! 

• Posted at: