Front sm

midnightlightning285

Branch: Ekaterina

@Becky: Thanks *builds Zinnia's/Redstonian Emboar's Elemental Power shop* For more details go to topic: /346749.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

I'm not one to wait respond ASAP Call me

One of these choices. 

Redstonian Emboar (prefered) 

Midnight Thunder,

Demon of the Earth,

Theory Theorist, 

Golden Foxy,  

MEGAMEWTWOZ. 

in all further messages

RP NAMES:

Dimensior 

David

Dave/Lightnin(g) Bedrockian

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

Becky, what's your favorite childhood memory? Did you ever get nightmares about the turkey jumping up and trying to eat you? And one more question: On the background of the forums, there are these orangey brown lines on the purple, is that rust... or blood?

• Posted at:

Bracha

Life's tough. I try to be tougher.

I wish all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

dragonepic445

can I have some card codes

• Posted at:

Front sm

dogyellow583

Bracha: Looking at the book cover, it almost seems to be like... fire/melting metal?... i don't know o_o

• Posted at:

Christy ~ I'm sorry I'm a monster, I'm sorry you're an angel; I'm sorry you're the one who                   

had to teach me to be careful with love"

Front sm

onyxlime24

asasasasssssssdddgthytjjyuy566756

• Posted at:

Front sm

crazyteam13

Branch: Janus

Hello Becky! This is such a helpful idea. 

So, I came back tonight to collect a lot of my old writing. When I went to look at my post history though, all I could find were a few things from 2014, one from 2016, and everything from 2017. Was there any sort of purging that I'm not aware of, and if so, is it possible to collect anything that's been archived? Thanks!

• Posted at:

Thank you to all,

for all that you've done.

~Kari

Front sm

jadecat1391

Great idea!

Sorry I was offline for so long, school and all. Bleh.

It makes me happy to finally see a mod interact with the users. (Probably happened in the past, I am relatively new)

Questions for you - 

Why do you give out lifetime bans? Seems a bit harsh. Also, why can't I find the chat? 

FYI, I'm Catte (my name is always in light pink) and I am super happy to meet you!!

Stay smiley,

Catte 

• Posted at:

CATTE

AKA:

The pun master

The cat lady

The undertale fangirl

Atheist

BISEXUAL

KITTIIIIIIEEEEESSSS

Front sm

spyunicorn1

aka FieryLucian3

Thanks for clearing the IR MB thing up, Becky :P but now at least 2000 pages of posts are gone from this MB. What happened? Me and a few older MBers were scratching our head at this one earlier today actually xD

• Posted at:

ChuCahill & MBer siπce '12

professional craftinator.

#NeverAgain | #SayNoToRacism | #MeToo

"In 2022, who was best man at Dan and Phil's wedding?"

"A terrifying hybrid of of Chris and PJ."

"Correct!"

#It's A Chain Reaction of Compassion

Front sm

dogyellow583

Chu: you mean they took posts from this MB, right? I saw someone talking about that and was shocked when I found two thirds of my posts missing from my personal post history...! I can't believe it.

• Posted at:

Christy ~ I'm sorry I'm a monster, I'm sorry you're an angel; I'm sorry you're the one who                   

had to teach me to be careful with love"

Front sm

spyunicorn1

aka FieryLucian3

Yes of course I mean this MB. My favorite stories are all gone, as well as conversations that meant so much to me growing up, and with them the entire memory of some MBers. As cringey as I was, the MB made up the better part of my childhood, and it feels like all of that is missing from me.

Of course we have to move on someday but those buried posts were proof of a time long ago. I always thought the MB would be permanent, that even after it fizzled out, there would still be our posts lying in the ruins, but . . . :/

• Posted at:

"Correct!"

Front sm

jadecat1391

What happened to Becky? Does she not post on weekends?

• Posted at:

CATTE

AKA:

The pun master

The cat lady

The undertale fangirl

Atheist

BISEXUAL

KITTIIIIIIEEEEESSSS

Front sm

sapphirephoenix471

aka DolphinAmber136

With the highest due level of respect, what the heck?!

That's like... Three quarters of MB history gone..? Us oldies are kind of jolted by what just happened. An explanation would be really nice..? Cause we didn't have a warning at all---

• Posted at:

Safire

⬧♋●◆⧫♋⧫♓□■⬧ ■♏❒♎⬧

~A forever bitter pre- Dark Ages MBer~

"I say Vol, you say Tron! Vol-?"

"...Vol-tron...?"

So long live the car crash hearts

Cry on the couch and all the poets come to life

Fix me in 45

#Isupportsamegendershipping 

\(o-o)z

Front sm

magicalnectar2

aka AgentOfficer39

I mean, technically this is her job. I would hope she doesn't have to work on the weekends. o_o 

• Posted at:

claire

no bullying pls

Front sm

sneakygirl1

aka BlueDolphin595

I second what Chu just said.  I haven't been active on here in a very long while, but this place still holds memories that are very dear to me.  I logged in today and saw that I now only have 13 pages of posts while beforehand I had at the very least 50 and you can consider me more than a little confused and hurt.

I don't know.  I've met some people on here that I now know outside of this forum and I'd even go as far as to consider them to be lifelong friends of mine - that's how greatly they and this message board have impacted me.  That being said, I'm extremely disappointed to see so many memories - RPs, branch politics, you name it - fly out the window.

I just really wished that maybe we could've had a warning ahead of time that this was happening.  Some transparency.  I guess I saw it coming; this forum can't last forever, but I'll never be happy to let it go and to just have it ripped away like this hurts more than I thought it would.

-Kathy

• Posted at:

l i g h t   i s   e a s y   t o   l o v e.

s h o w   m e   y o u r   d a r k n e s s.

- r.  q u e e n

i n t j • e n f p   -   s t e l l a • n a t h a n 

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Becky

Thank you for answering about IR. As much as I didn't like the news, at least I know why it happened.

But why did you get rid of all the old posts on here? You said that this whole post was made to be more transparent about this sort of stuff and this is another event that I think a lot of people would have liked to know beforehand so they could take pictures of it and stuff before it's gone.

Why wasn't there some sort of message sent here on the Forum Town Square to prepare people for this?

I apologize if this sounds really rude or ungrateful since you guys are in charge of all the Message Boards. It's just those old posts and the other MBs meant a lot to some people and to see it gone just hurts.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect & Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

"See the world not as it is, but as it should be."

Blog: /301450

Front sm

cleverdragon76

aka ClassifiedDragon108

I'm also here to say that I feel hurt by what's happened. I started in these forums a looooong while back, and seeing a part of my childhood just deleted left me shattered. I really spent most of my time in IR, and now the whole platform is just gone. Poof. I mean, I get why it had to go... but so much of this forum as well. My first posts here... all my time growing up in three of four years (plus two year being innactive)... it just hurts.

Is there a way anyone could access the old posts? Even if it doesn't look like a forum and has the format all wierd... is there a way?

• Posted at:

cleverdragon76 aka ClassifiedDragon108 

I am Billy

Remember Emerald

Bring Infinity ring back

Small image from ios f119decdd5

Brrr-cky B

admin

Before I do a normal news post I want to talk about what happened over the weekend with the post purge. 

This was an event I knew might happen at some point, but I didn't know when and I thought it was a long way off. The timing turned out really poor, as it was Thanksgiving and most of us here were gone the past few days. So by the time I learned about it happening it was already, well, this morning. I want to apologize for not giving a warning as soon as I knew a post purge could occur and give you time to collect your writing and memories. This was without a doubt a mistake on my part and I'm really sorry, kind of failed the whole point of this announcement space. You can definitely be mad and upset and hurt.  

What happened is posts that hadn't been active since 2016 were removed. This means posts that were bumped or had a comment in 2017/18, even if they were posted earlier than that, are still around. I know the majority of posts were lost but some from 2013/14/15/16 are still around because of that, I hope that retains a few of the memories you've made here. This also made me chuckle when I saw that it was still around so I hope it does the same for you, the Never Dead Thread literally might never die/50577

First, I'm going to talk to the site developers and find out if there's any way the posts were archived as opposed to deleted. I don't want to get your hopes up, I do think they were deleted, but I'll find out for you.

Second, I'm going to learn from this mistake and give a warning right now that even though we don't have any current plans for removing more content, I recommend saving anything on here you want to make sure you keep. It is 100% possible we will need to either clear up more space or retire old things for new things in the future (like what happened to the chat). 

Again, I am very sorry. I grew up in messageboards and online games similar to here and it hurts that some of those spaces are just gone now. For what it's worth I can promise you that the memories you've made here will stick in your mind and turn into anecdotes you tell long into the future, even if the posts themselves are gone.  

• Posted at:

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out 12/26/18!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

Brrr-cky B

admin

Hear ye hear ye, here's the news!

[Announcement]

I want to apologize for the lack of warning over the post purge. Defeated the whole point of these announcements. Please read my post about it just above this post, and don't be afraid to tell me how you're feeling. You can absolutely be mad and don't need to apologize for it. 

A lot of things are being removed from the site like the chat and some MBs as I'm sure you've all noticed. We've moved pretty much all our resources over into building a new project, the one that I've been teasing. This is why we've had to cut down some older stuff that required maintenance. What's coming is a new world that is basically everything you can do here.... but more. You'll have more freedom in how you present yourself as there are avatars, you'll be able to chat with each other, have new games to play, and I'm planning a ton of new events and activities that will be in it. I want you to know we're not just getting rid of stuff for no reason or without any plans to have new things for you. 

[Question Corner]

@Melissa I like most pies but pecan pie has to be my favorite. I didn't used to like it, but like a switch turned on in my brain now I really do.

@Bracha Favorite childhood memory is making flash movies and other derpy content with my brother. They were.....creative. Never had nightmares (yet) about a reanimated turkey coming after me, but that sounds terrifying. I sure hope it's rust! Yeah, it's definitely rust! 

@Catte Nice to meet you too Catte! I only use lifetime bans for accounts that don't provide a positive impact on the forum community. Meaning: fake/spam accounts, people who keep bullying others, people who join the forums and really quickly cause a ton of issues like their first post is hate speech, etc. What has happened in the past is someone creates an alt account, trolls, and gets IP banned. This makes it impossible for their original account to access the forums on the same internet. 

@Kari @Chu @Christy @Safire @Kathy @Hazel @Billy I want to personally apologize to you all, this is not the way I wanted a forum clean-up to go.       

[Forum Prompts]

One day you go to school and your teacher walks in with someone who looks familiar. They announce there's a new transfer student to the school and you realize why the new student looks like someone you recognize - they're one of your OCs!  

[Recommended Reads]

A winter pun-off thread by Catte seems like a fun way to keep warm, at least for those living where it does get cold! /347151 (I have friends from Brazil where it's so warm in December, I love the snow but still...I'm jealous!)

[Warnings]

-nothin today-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Front sm

jadecat1391

*Do do do. Lets see...aww, post purge....ooh, pecan pie....WAIT THAT'S MY PUN OFF. 

So glad you liked it Becky! FYI, I do pun-offs for most major holidays and seasons. 

@Becky out of curiosity, do you not post on weekends? 

@Becky I got a permaban once for standing up for myself on the chat while being bullied, and am clearly still here. Any explanation?

• Posted at:

CATTE

AKA:

The pun master

The cat lady

The undertale fangirl

Atheist

BISEXUAL

KITTIIIIIIEEEEESSSS

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Becky thanks for the heads up... If it actually does happen though I will cry. I can't imagine life without the MB. Also, is there any way you could fix the super smart auto cucumber that makes me people tell me that they live my soggy? Yes, my soggy is beautiful. I live it very much.

• Posted at:

Bracha

I wish all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

ghostmorning7

Darn am I late to the party XDDD 

@Admin/mod Becky- what's your favorite season? Cause coming from a reallly sunny place with no seasons, most of us love winter cause we never get to experience it XD and we have no idea what season people with actual winter like best 

~Hope Forever~ Andrea

• Posted at:

~Hope Forever~ Andrea

Thank you for your kindness, I missed seeing your name, and I still miss the ones whose names have faded away. 

Thank you for your laughter, I've missed you my friend, and I still miss the friends I may never laugh with again. 

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

At the moment I'm in shock, but thank you for being open about what's happened and understanding. I've been on this site since 2013. I hope that the posts were archived, but I understand that that might not have happened. When this MB is eventually terminated I hope an archive for everything from 2016 and onward can be archived and that we'll be able to talk to our friends about a new place to chat before the termination takes place. 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

crazyteam13

@Becky Ah wow. That’s wild.i do have to say, it’s quite a shock. But by no means would I say I’m angry and up set. If anything, I’d just be frustrated with myself because I’ve put off collecting everything for so long. Your efforts to find any archives are so appreciated, and while I’m not trying to get my hopes up, it would mean the world. I don’t want to spent too long mourning it, because as you mentioned, you know how much of your life is captured during periods of time on sights like this. While there is a lot lost, there are only a few threads I can think of that I would have intentionally saved things from. These hold a lot of my old writings and poetry. But I completely understand if there is nothing that can be done. It’s just crazy to see a section of you life just disappear. In the grand scheme of things, it’s ultimately not the end of the world. However, any efforts to retrieve things have been and will be very much seen and appreciated. 

• Posted at:

Thank you to all,

~Kari

Front sm

midnightlightning285

@becky I was wonderin, you know that big section of the front page with threads made by admins that was rarely effected why did you remove it.

• Posted at:

One of these choices. 

Midnight Thunder,

Demon of the Earth,

Theory Theorist, 

Golden Foxy,  

MEGAMEWTWOZ. 

in all further messages

RP NAMES:

Dimensior 

David

Front sm

midnightlightning285

Wait it just came back guess this was with my computer only.

• Posted at:

One of these choices. 

Midnight Thunder,

Demon of the Earth,

Theory Theorist, 

Golden Foxy,  

MEGAMEWTWOZ. 

in all further messages

RP NAMES:

Dimensior 

David

Front sm

jadecat1391

does relpying work now?

• Posted at:

CATTE

AKA:

The pun master

The cat lady

The undertale fangirl

Atheist

BISEXUAL

KITTIIIIIIEEEEESSSS

Front sm

midnightlightning285

Yes I had the exact same problem 2 days ago.

• Posted at:

One of these choices. 

Midnight Thunder,

Demon of the Earth,

Theory Theorist, 

Golden Foxy,  

MEGAMEWTWOZ. 

in all further messages

RP NAMES:

Dimensior 

David

Front sm

midnightlightning285

Hey becky, I made a topic for anyone who was on infinity ring. the entire infinity ring site just vanished along with a few of my posts on there I didn't even get to read them enough for them to be stuck in my head. If anyone was on the infinity ring site and wants to talk with someone else from there visit topic: /347636 . 

• Posted at:

One of these choices. 

Midnight Thunder,

Demon of the Earth,

Theory Theorist, 

Golden Foxy,  

MEGAMEWTWOZ. 

in all further messages

RP NAMES:

Dimensior 

David

Brrr-cky B

admin

[Announcement]

I could've sworn I posted this earlier today!! But I guess not. Welp, here it is now. 

Yesterday as I'm sure many of you noticed no one was able to post or respond on the forums, including myself and other admins. It was not fun! We're still investigating what happened. 

[Question Corner]

@Catte I don't post on weekends and other times like holidays. For your second question, the chat had an automated banning system, so it would give (usually) small bans to people after they'd reached a certain threshold of saying things that were against the rules. It didn't have any context to situations, it just took words at face value. I do see that you were banned once by a moderator over a year ago but it wasn't a permaban. 

@Bracha I believe the autocorrect is gone now! It was pretty bad, though your soggy is lively.

@Andrea I love fall and spring, aka the transition seasons. I lean towards fall more because spring can be really rainy. Both are great because the weather can swing between being warm or cold on a weekly basis, so you never get tired of one or the other. Though it does make it really difficult to figure out what to wear :P There was one year I remember in the fall it snowed one week and then the next was like 60 degrees fahrenheit and sunny. 

@Monica and @Kari I checked in with the developers and unfortunately the posts were completely deleted. There is one thing I can try however. If you remember any keywords from a piece of writing, such as character names, the title of a story, or unique words used, tell them to me and I'll see what I can do. It's possible I can find some that passed through the filter.

@Redstonian Emboar two days ago the thing happened to you where you couldn't post or reply?

[Forum Prompts]

We've landed a rover on Mars. As the rover traverses the new landscape, it's livestreaming back to Earth. All of a sudden the livestream goes black. A few minutes later, it comes back to show a regular human - but they're not wearing a space suit and totally fine. They look at the camera and say "Finally! I've been waiting so long for you to arrive. Hi Earth! Hi mom!" 

[Recommended Reads]

Katie has the great idea of starting a book club sort of thread called "Book Deals!" You might learn some cool new book series from your fellow forumers here: /346604

[Warnings]

-nothin today-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Front sm

jadecat1391

Ooooooooh. Thanks for claryfying! 

@Becky  Cats, Dogs, or Capybaras?

@Becky favorite holiday?

• Posted at:

CATTE

AKA:

The pun master

The cat lady

The undertale fangirl

Atheist

BISEXUAL

KITTIIIIIIEEEEESSSS

Front sm

midnightlightning285

Yeah I remember it happening to days ago but I can be wrong (I can never fully trust my memory.

• Posted at:

One of these choices. 

Midnight Thunder,

Demon of the Earth,

Theory Theorist, 

Golden Foxy,  

MEGAMEWTWOZ. 

in all further messages

RP NAMES:

Dimensior 

David

Front sm

crazyteam13

@Becky: If I gave the name of threads would that work? Or is it just specific to individual posts? If threads work, then "Letters from Kari" would be the most important one by far. 

• Posted at:

Thank you to all,

~Kari

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

I didn't even notice that posts weren't going through the other day.

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2

(29) Nickname: Rad - 7749

Front sm

midnightlightning285

Quick question: How do you become an admin.

• Posted at:

One of these choices. 

Midnight Thunder,

Demon of the Earth,

Theory Theorist, 

Golden Foxy,  

MEGAMEWTWOZ. 

in all further messages

RP NAMES:

Dimensior 

David

Brrr-cky B

admin

[Announcement]

Follow along thread /347665 for updates on our new project! 

[Question Corner]

@Catte Capybaras no question. Have you heard of quokkas? They are the happiest creature in the whole dang universe. And my favorite holiday is definitely Halloween. 

@Kari My attempt to find things in the filter didn't pan out but something else did. You have some really nice writing :) There's something called The Wayback Machine. Use your My Posts page.

That's all I can really say but I trust you can figure it out.

"August
I sit here today
Thinking of where I was a year ago
What I dread the most, one day away
One year and counting..." 

@Redstonian Emboar Quick Answer: You must climb the perilous Admod Mountain and at the peak offer that which you care about most. Real answer: Get hired at Scholastic xD 

[Forum Prompts]

Interesting words

-Zenith: the highest point of a place or thing, or the time something was most powerful

-Wonky: a little off, crooked

-Panacea: a cure for everything, all diseases

-Ubiquitous: being everywhere at once, worldwide

[Recommended Reads]

I like this quiz that catpizza879 started! Have you done a "which character in the 39 Clues are you" quiz ever? /347655

[Warnings]

-nothin today-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Front sm

crazyteam13

@Becky: Thank you so so much. It took a minute, but I eventually got it. :) However, I realized that the last one I had under that name was after a break I took. So not much is there. My assumption is that you or anyone else around the office doesn't have any control over what shows. Regardless though, I have spent about three hours today just looking through my past. It's so wild. This place is so special, and I really did grow up here. I was reminded of so many friends, so many happy memories and MB jokes. That, and how many wonderful people I had around me for such a crucial time in my life. While I didn't archive as many writings as I had hoped, I did refresh so many lovely memories. Thank you for that. :) Also, thank you for the compliment. That means a lot, however, I wish you could have seen some of the other stuff that I put a lot more time into. Thank you again for all your help. :)

• Posted at:

Thank you to all,

~Kari

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Becky

Can I give you names of oldies I talked to often in the past? One keyword I can remember is Titanic. Also an RP called No Escape. I posted on a lot of threads under Amian as well. 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

spyunicorn1

aka FieryLucian3

thank you for explaining everything, becky - it's a lot more appreciated than we show, I guess o_O the first thing that popped into my mind was an amian story called secrets of the past by paula as it was the catalyst for everything that I've done on this mb. I've heard about the wayback machine and I haven't had time to try it out (school is tough!) but there were a handful of other amian stories too, like gold digger by vanessa, fire and ice, a lot of gabby's old stories from 2012 . . . kinda sad I might never see them again but maybe that's one of life's harsh truths *laugh-crying*

• Posted at:

"Correct!"

Front sm

sneakygirl1

aka BlueDolphin595

Okay but Gold Digger by Vanessa was actually legendary.  And I really want to read Lyss’ writing again.

I just have a bunch of really ridiculous shipping stories, but I’d like to read them again just for old times’ sake.  Montessica and Jocia (apparently I wrote a story about them?) and I think I even had an Amian fic at one point even though I never liked Ian?  They’re all terribly written of course but they feature some people I’ll likely never see again and I’d just like to hold on to at least that much of them.  I’ll try the Wayback Machine later when I have the time for it. 

Thanks for the tip, Becky :)

• Posted at:

l i g h t   i s   e a s y   t o   l o v e.

s h o w   m e   y o u r   d a r k n e s s.

- r.  q u e e n

i n t j • e n f p   -   s t e l l a • n a t h a n 

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I think I just coined a new MB term: Scholastechies! The wonderful peeps who are creating our future MB world.

• Posted at:

Bracha

1 , 2 , , 4 ,