Hello Cahills!! There here is your Town Square *gestures towards a metal door inscribed with some mysterious symbols. Once a password is entered, it opens to reveal another door. Once opened, yet another. Finally it leads to a lounge area with couches, games, and snacks. And some top secret technology. Phew!*
I tested out this idea in the WoF forum and it seems like something everyone is excited by. This is my way of having better communication and transparency with all of you.
In this space, there are a few things that can happen.
1. Announcements: This is where I'll post announcements about the forums or other matters
2. The Question Corner: Where you can ask me questions about posts, bans, life, and more! I cannot promise I will answer every single question asap, but I'll try my hardest to make sure everyone gets answered.
3. Forum Prompts: I'll post writing prompts from here on out on a weekly fashion. I hope this provides some inspiration for stories, poems, characters, whateva! To keep this thread not too jumbled, please make your own threads for the prompt.
4. Recommended Reads: I think this is something other mods used to do. Basically, in this section I'll post the thread number for some RPs or posts that I think are really quality content and posts I think everyone should read. This could be writing tips, a long running RP some folks might have missed, interesting posts about 39 Clues, etc!
5. Warnings: This is a test area. One of the biggest issues I have is warning people about their post content when their post got caught in the filter. Especially if they were trying to make a new thread, there's often no good place to let them know what they were trying to say was ban-worthy. This area is the perfect space to solve that issue. If this becomes a problem I'll stop doing it but right now I think it could be really great and help with having a more transparent forum. Let's see how it goes!
I will try to post once in the morning (around 10am EST) and once in the afternoon (around 5pm EST). A warning in advance - this may not always happen, but I'm going to try really hard to keep it consistent. I can make an announcement for days where I am not on the forums at all for whatever reason.
Here is an example of what this will look like. This is all one post:
I'm making a Town Square! Wew!
@____ You were banned for giving out your last name and birthday
@____ Your post didn't go through because you used the phrase "Shut up!"
@____My favorite food is sushi
Your prompt of the week is: What Halloween costumes would Amy, Dan, and Saladin wear? How about Ian?
Check out thread /341851 for daily prompts! #selfpromo
@____ you recently tried to post a URL to a different site. This is a warning that URLs are against the rules. If you try again, I'll be forced to give you a 24-hr ban.
@____ you tried to use a word that is inappropriate for the forums in one of your RP posts. Avoid using that word in the future. If you continue to use language like that, I'll need to give you a 24-hr ban.
Please, enjoy your time wandering the Town Square. I hope it becomes a comfortable place for you to ask questions, get inspired, and read the news.
Please tell us why you'd like to report this post
Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out now!!
i like turtles
39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061