Small image uploaded from ios  5  13d2318a15

Becky B

admin

Hello Cahills!! There here is your Town Square *gestures towards a metal door inscribed with some mysterious symbols. Once a password is entered, it opens to reveal another door. Once opened, yet another. Finally it leads to a lounge area with couches, games, and snacks. And some top secret technology. Phew!*

I tested out this idea in the WoF forum and it seems like something everyone is excited by. This is my way of having better communication and transparency with all of you.

In this space, there are a few things that can happen.

1. Announcements: This is where I'll post announcements about the forums or other matters

2. The Question Corner: Where you can ask me questions about posts, bans, life, and more! I cannot promise I will answer every single question asap, but I'll try my hardest to make sure everyone gets answered.

3. Forum Prompts: I'll post writing prompts from here on out on a weekly fashion. I hope this provides some inspiration for stories, poems, characters, whateva! To keep this thread not too jumbled, please make your own threads for the prompt.

4. Recommended Reads: I think this is something other mods used to do. Basically, in this section I'll post the thread number for some RPs or posts that I think are really quality content and posts I think everyone should read. This could be writing tips, a long running RP some folks might have missed, interesting posts about 39 Clues, etc!

5. Warnings: This is a test area. One of the biggest issues I have is warning people about their post content when their post got caught in the filter. Especially if they were trying to make a new thread, there's often no good place to let them know what they were trying to say was ban-worthy. This area is the perfect space to solve that issue. If this becomes a problem I'll stop doing it but right now I think it could be really great and help with having a more transparent forum. Let's see how it goes!

I will try to post once in the morning (around 10am EST) and once in the afternoon (around 5pm EST). A warning in advance - this may not always happen, but I'm going to try really hard to keep it consistent. I can make an announcement for days where I am not on the forums at all for whatever reason.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is an example of what this will look like. This is all one post:

[Announcement]

I'm making a Town Square! Wew!

[Question Corner]

@____ You were banned for giving out your last name and birthday

@____ Your post didn't go through because you used the phrase "Shut up!"

@____My favorite food is sushi

[Forum Prompts]

Your prompt of the week is: What Halloween costumes would Amy, Dan, and Saladin wear? How about Ian?

[Recommended Reads]

Check out thread /341851 for daily prompts! #selfpromo

[Warnings]

@____ you recently tried to post a URL to a different site. This is a warning that URLs are against the rules. If you try again, I'll be forced to give you a 24-hr ban.

@____ you tried to use a word that is inappropriate for the forums in one of your RP posts. Avoid using that word in the future. If you continue to use language like that, I'll need to give you a 24-hr ban. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please, enjoy your time wandering the Town Square. I hope it becomes a comfortable place for you to ask questions, get inspired, and read the news.

-Becky B

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Front sm

beetlebrain826

Branch: Ekaterina

Cool!!

• Posted at:

bla

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

Cool! Thanks so much for trying to be more active, really appreciate it. I have a lot of questions but I probably should not ask them because then I'll make everyone sad. That's what I do best according to one of my friends. At least I have one talent.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Life's tough. I try to be tougher.

I wish  all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

spyunicorn1

aka FieryLucian3

Sounds helpful! I think it's gonna solve a lot of communication issues in the server O_o

• Posted at:

Chu |child of lyzzy + keir :D

professional craftinator.

#NeverAgain | #SayNoToRacism | #MeToo

"In 2022, who was best man at Dan and Phil's wedding?"

"A terrifying hybrid of of Chris and PJ."

"Correct!"

#It's A Chain Reaction of Compassion

Front sm

cyclonecandy39

Ooh, thank you for making this!

• Posted at:

Fiona/☆☆ ɆⱠɆ₵₮Ɽł₵ ʀǟɨռ ☆☆

Queen of ɆⱠɆ₵₮Ɽł₵ł₮Ɏ

Local RP Person! 

I'a Hufflepuff

ASIA

AFRICA

EUROPE

AUSTRALIA

ANTARCTIC

NORTAMERICA

SOUTH AMERICA

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

Sounds interesting.

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2

(29) Nickname: Rad - 8377

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Wow. I call dibs on the games!

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm from the 39 clues website!

Forum Twins: Fiona and Jaiden

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Check out my RPs! the 39 clues, Vespers RP. Children of Bigfoot RP, Limited Spots

leave a message at the beep, unless it's bad news BEEP

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Awesome!!! So... It's like PoW... Daily Plus. XD

• Posted at:

NAME:

ElfSarynHopeLoridellFortisElementorialAvery

REFRD2AS:

ElfDaEarmuf

Ranger

ISA:

Christian

Gen2SAMBer

Lucian

SemiActiv

FANGRLNRNIN:

Highlander

MOOD:

Busy!

QUOTE:

"URWondrfulyMadeByGod"

Priest@MyChurch

#s:

#methos=mylawyer

#glizabeth

#elandili

Thx4HavnMe

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Suhweeeeet!

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Check out my RPs! the 39 clues, Vespers RP. Children of Bigfoot RP, Limited Spots

Front sm

cleverdragon959

Dan would have a Ninja costume

Amy would be a pirate

Saladin would be a ninja master

Ian would be Pres.G.W.Bush

• Posted at:

~+Egypt+~

{She/her/it}

Goddess of Feminine magic and the Shadows

Odd Squad forever!

#PercyJacksonalltheway

I'm A Werewolf

"I'm an instant star,just add water and stir."

~David Bowie

Front sm

dogyellow583

...this is a really good idea and I think it'll be super helpful. Yay for Admin Beckyyyy

• Posted at:

christy ~ i'm scared for you. freaking out. i want to just know you're okay... alive...~

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

Dan Samurai 

Amy Sherlocke Holes

Saladin Lion

And Ian ? No idea, don't really like the character much

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Ian's costume would be James Bond. Duh. Rich, Check. Spy, check, totally full of himself, check.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

Anyway I can give up my stars and start over, without having to create a new account?

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

*Holmes  Why didn't I double check. I know how my phone auto corrects...... :(

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2

Becky B

admin

Hear ye hear ye, it's time for the First Edition of the news! It's arrived a tad late, but better late than never. The News Delivery Person apologizes profusely.

[Announcement]

The Scholastic SafeChat will be retired at the end of this week. This was decided because of some updates we're making to the Scholastic kids site as a whole, and the chat just doesn't work with those updates. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news here :( On the better news side, something is coming and chat may not be gone forever, just this iteration of it

Edit: It was decided we would shut down the chat today. I hope to have something cool to show you soon to counteract losing stuff! We've also been removing some forums that are inactive, as I know some of you may have noticed. This is all part of a big site update as well as a mysterious thing that I can't give many details about yet. 

[Question Corner]

@WrestlingReading2 there's no way to remove stars without star-ting a new account. You're the first person I know who's asked that question! Any reason why you don't want the stars anymore?

[Forum Prompts]

You're walking down the street and trip over something jutting out of the sidewalk. You pick it up. It begins to glow. Once you're holding it in your hands, you hear a raspy voice in your head "youuuuu shoullld nottt haaaveee done thaaatt....." 

[Recommended Reads]

Check out thread /324469 for cutecobra71's Dan & Natalie story

And also check out /331476 for icelynx's (or did you make it, Bracha? Looking at the second post you might have) collaborative poetry thread. There are some really great and powerful poems in there.

[Warnings]

-move along folks, don't stare, nothing to see here-

• Posted at:

Front sm

dogyellow583

:o chat... gone?? 

o_o I'm not sure how I feel about that 

• Posted at:

christy ~ i'm scared for you. freaking out. i want to just know you're okay... alive...~

Becky B

admin

(breaking the typical format to reply)

@Christy I know it stinks, and it was sudden. The good news is that chat will return in a new, better form in the future, the bad news is that for now it is gone. We have a secret project in the works and I hope to be able to reveal more about it soon, and I think it will replace the sadness of losing the chat with excitement for this future thing. In the meantime there's always these forums, though I know it's different than how you were able to talk in chat.

• Posted at:

Front sm

dogyellow583

Becky: no, it's okay! I understand and I'm sure the future changes will be worth it. Not complaining :) 

• Posted at:

Front sm

agentginger211

Branch: Janus

Thank you so much Becky for trying to keep up communication with us! I can't wait for all the new features!

• Posted at:

I am 50% EKATERINA and I am 50% JANUS

I am AGENT SNAKECAT and AGENT SNAKESALADIN forever

I am AGENT GINGER CAHILL or CAHILL AGENT GINGER but always MELISSA

Front sm

butterflyamber887

The chat... is going? :( At least there's something exciting coming instead! I did make the poetry thread. I can't believe you really think that it's so good, I never thought I was so... idk... I didn't think anything I do/did could be so good that it got recommended. I feel like as soon as my self-worth takes a downhill hike suddenly everybody's complimenting me... Thanks!

• Posted at:

BRACHA

I wish  all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Becky B

admin

Hear ye hear ye, this way to the Second News of the day! Like second breakfast! But newsier!

[Announcement]

The site chat has officially been retired. I hope to have more exciting, positive announcements for you all next week. So that I'm not giving out false hope, I need to be clear that the chat won't be coming back to the site. It will exist in a new form elsewhere. I hope you will be able to continue talking in the forums in the meantime even if it's not your ideal environment!

[Question Corner]

@Bracha I know you didn't ask a question but I want to say I really do think the thread and poetry are really interesting! I really like poetry so it was nice to see you working together to create some powerful poems.

[Forum Prompts]

You're walking down the street and trip over something jutting out of the sidewalk. You pick it up. It begins to glow. Once you're holding it in your hands, you hear a raspy voice in your head "youuuuu shoullld nottt haaaveee done thaaatt....." 

[Recommended Reads]

Check out thread /337905 while Lucy has taken a hiatus on this story for now, it’s very much worth reading what she's written. She also has some other stories in her posts history you can check out.

[Warnings]

• Posted at:

Front sm

midnightlightning285

16;12;5;1;19;5 19;1;25 20;8;9;19 15;14;5 7;15;5;19 20;8;18;15;21;7;8 translation please hope this one goes through.

• Posted at:

I'm not one to wait respond ASAP Call me

One of these choices. 

Redstonian Emboar (prefered) 

Midnight Thunder,

Demon of the Earth,

Theory Theorist, 

Golden Foxy,  

MEGAMEWTWO Z. 

Ancient Mew.

in all further messages

RP NAMES:

Dimensior 

David

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

No reason I was just wondering if that was possible.

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Yo, Booky! I just received a forum that says it comes from Dan. Is it Dan? His code is Ninjamaster39. The name is something he'd pick.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Becky B

admin

Hear yee hear yee, along comes the news! Here we goooooo....!

[Announcement]

-no announcements today-

[Question Corner]

@Amber ha, that username does sound like something Dan would pick! Sounds like someone is a Dan-fan :) I appreciate their creativity. But I can't say any more! It's top secret Cahill business. 

[Forum Prompts]

You're walking down the street and trip over something jutting out of the sidewalk. You pick it up. It begins to glow. Once you're holding it in your hands, you hear a raspy voice in your head "youuuuu shoullld nottt haaaveee done thaaatt....." 

[Recommended Reads]

In the theme of spookiness and Halloween, check out Taylor's thread /308354 for interviews with a variety of creepypasta characters. Would love to see more of these interview posts, this is really cool.

[Warnings]

• Posted at:

Front sm

dogyellow583

Becky: in order to put up will all these crazy kids here, do you drink coffee, tea or pop? ;)   (myself included in "all these crazy kids" lol)

• Posted at:

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I didn't know people actually call soda pop XD

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

dogyellow583

Bracha: XD really??

• Posted at:

Becky B

admin

[sorry yall, today has been busy here in Scholastic HQ and there won't be an end of day newsletter! on the plus side, it's due to the mysterious thing we're working on and I hope to have some quality content to share with you soon! Have a nice afternoon/morning/evening/day/night :)]

though since you just asked one question, I'll answer it @christy - I am a tea addict! I drink coffee sometimes, but mostly it's tea for me. I have pomegranate oolong tea and chocolate almond tea at my desk. Nothing beats tea :D 

• Posted at:

Front sm

fairymermaid4613

@Mod Becky:

I have a quoestion: How come you can`t unstar things? And I`m a tea lover also! You drink hot tea, right? My favorite is Chamomille!

• Posted at:

~Emma~

Princess of the AGMB

Performing Arts Reading Baking Needlework

#PARocks!

#LovefortheForum

Performing Arts is Life!

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

Do you get notifications if a Post doesn't go through? Asking for a friend.

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

um mods the safechat is down, can you put it back up please!

• Posted at:

THE NAMES TAYLOR. GIRLS RULE! RP Queen!

I like Miraculous Ladybug!

I'm just a girl who likes to rp.

I also like to write stories.

Star Wars Rp!: /339111

Mummy Rp: /339330

Becky B

admin

Hear yee hear yee, beep boop beep boop. -random whirring noises- Ignore that! No robots here! Just the news.

[Announcement]

-no announcements today-

[Question Corner]

@Emma It's to prevent something where a group of people all decide they're going to unstar someone's posts and upset them. It feels nice to gain stars, but it would feel really bad to lose them especially a bunch of them at once. I know it's annoying if you accidentally star someone.

@WrestlingReading2 I can see all the posts that don't go through but I don't get notifications about it. If there's ever a time you post something and you're confused as to why it didn't go through, you can ask me and I'll try to find it in the filter. It's helpful if you re-submit the post right around the time you ask me so it doesn't get lost.

@Taylor The chat has been officially removed from the site. There will be a cool thing coming in the future that will likely have chat, but it won't be coming back to the site.

@moonlightsunrise37 (apologize for not using your nickname, the filter only shows usernames) I saw your question in the filter which of course would get caught. Basically it's because the filter isn’t very smart, so it doesn’t know you’re using it in a RP and assumes you’re saying it to someone else on the forums in a mean/bullying way. Same for things like “you idiot” or any “you *insult*” sort of dialogue in RPs. It’s not disallowed unless it truly is bullying. If it does make it through the filter I can easily tell that it’s just a part of a story and have no problem with it.

[Forum Prompts]

Friday prompt!

The air in the forest was still. Too still. She was supposed to be here! We promised to meet under this tree! All of a sudden, a huge crash reverberated through the seemingly empty woods. "RUN! THEY KNOW WE'RE HERE!" 

[Recommended Reads]

Check out thread /342385 for a random thought or fact of the day by Agentginger211. Who knows what you'll learn!

[Warnings]

• Posted at:

Front sm

agentginger211

Branch: Janus

Becky: Hey just wanted to say thanks for the shoutout!

• Posted at:

I am 50% EKATERINA and I am 50% JANUS

I am AGENT SNAKECAT and AGENT SNAKESALADIN forever

I am AGENT GINGER CAHILL or CAHILL AGENT GINGER but always MELISSA

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

Just wondering, are you able to tel us if the new project will replace or compliment this forum? (if you cant its fine)

-Unicorn

• Posted at:

Candy Corn

| ISFP | Libra | Elysium | Scriptor | Ravenclaw |

Triplets:Vixen and Samurai                  

Flip: Unicorn                      

3/30/18

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

Also, why i cant (sometimes) star posts?

-Unicorn

• Posted at:

Candy Corn

| ISFP | Libra | Elysium | Scriptor | Ravenclaw |

Triplets:Vixen and Samurai                  

Flip: Unicorn                      

3/30/18

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Hi Becky! I posted a part of my story today (topics /343611) and it didn't go through. There was nothing wrong with it, and it's kind of annoying to have to re-post such long things, especially because I don't know if it will go through... Can you look for it please?

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Hi Becky! Sometimes a bunch of my posts won't go through, even though there is nothing wrong with them, no made up words or anything... Why does that happen? Also, can you look for today's post to Don't You See Me (topics /343611)? Thanks!

P.S. Last time I found my self'worth, it got lost again after one and a half months. That's the longest it's ever stayed. Now it's back, but what if it runs away again soon? How can I get it back for good?

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

dogyellow583

Hey, Becky!

Yesterday I tried to post an excerpt of a story that I wrote off of a writing prompt called "The Wizard's Face" and it never actually posted. I've just submitted it again as you suggested in these cases.

There was mention of possible violence but I felt that it was very mild and would still be considered appropriate for this forum. (It is fantasy themed.)

I sent it through on the SAMB as well and it hasn't gone through there, either.

If it doesn't follow the guidelines for this forum, I understand! Just wondered if there was a mix up with it that could be fixed or if it would be better for an entirely different platform. :)

Thank you for your time,

Chri

• Posted at:

1 , , 3