Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

Amber- I thought you were a pharmacist?

Lucy- 

As I'm getting my books from my locker before first period, Mr. Eisenhower approaches me. He's the school guidance counselor, and even looks the part. With his graying hair, crinkly eyes, and potbelly, he seems just like an inviting grandpa. (In a school that's probably a hundred years old, nearly everyone does.)

"Hello, Mia. How are you?"

"I'm fine," I say cheerily, hoping he'll leave me alone.

"Your teachers say that your grades are dropping, and you don't seem very enthusiastic about school anymore."

This isn't a question. I really don't have to answer. But I do anyway, because I just want to end this conversation.

"Yeah, well, high school. Have you ever met a kid who likes it?"

Mr. Eisenhower smiles. "True, true. But you seem down lately. Well, if you ever need to talk, my office door is open to you."

He walks away, and I head to class with the tardy bell ringing in my ears. But instead of feeling relief that he left me alone... I want to scream. There's  a rage born of despair clawing at my insides. 

Why didn't he try harder? Doesn't he know that he has to push more? But he just left. Assuming that little, broken me is strong enough to do what's right and get help.

Yet again, I wonder- do people really see me, do they care? Do they look past the veil hiding the broken shards? And if nobody actually cares, why am I here? I must not be worth much.

The flood of doubt fills me, pulling me under, asking me if I'm good enough. I don't have an answer.

Anger is so much easier to deal with.

You don't see my hurt

You don't see my pain

You don't see everything you take

You don't see my feelings

You don't see my home

You don't see and you don't know

You don't see what your words do

You don't see me cry

You don't see the way I sigh

You see only my fault

You see what you want

You see the fake me I haunt

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Bracha

Life's tough. I try to be tougher.

Broken legs but I chase perfection

These walls are my blank expression

My mind is a house I'm trapped in

And it's lonely inside this mansion

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

No, that was work experience. I didn't get paid.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm from the 39 clues website!

Forum Twins: Fiona and Jaiden

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Check out my RPs! the 39 clues, Vespers RP. Children of Bigfoot RP, Limited Spots

leave a message at the beep, unless it's bad news BEEP

Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

Okay, so this is feeling like an actual book...great job!

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Don't you forget about me

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Amber-

Lucy- You just made my day!

First day on the job. It's cold in here.

As soon as I got home, I showered, changed, and brushed my hair. Got to make a good impression. It's been a while since I've really taken care of myself. I just kind of let it slip... My problems demand more attention than my body.

The phone rings, and I gingerly answer.

"Mountainview Medical, how can I help you?"

"I'd like to reschedule my sons appointment." The woman sounds like she's on her last nerve. Greaaat. Who doesn't love dealing with frantic moms. 

"What's your name?" I try to find a new appointment. She is impossible to please. After finally managing to get something acceptable for her, I hang up with a huff.

Only one call and I'm already in a bad mood. A passing doctor smile knowingly.

"First day?" 

I nod miserabley.

"You'll get used to it." I'll get used to it. Lovely.

Four hours later, I walk out into the cold night. I am grumpy, tired, and not in the mood of home. But I have nowhere else to go. 

I whip out my phone and call Dad, hoping he'll drive me home. The only place I can go, but still a place where I don't fit in. Oddly, he agrees to pick me up without any cursing or muttering about how worthless I am.

Ha. Guess who just realized he needs me? Wait. Wait. He needs me. So I am worth something! But a gray cloud dispels my brief revelation: I am improving the life of someone who's ruining mine. Nice, Mia, nice. I feel a lump blocking my throat, and try to push it away.

Kevin needs me, I think. But it doesn't help, the little gray cloud pours a drizzly rain onto me.

Dad pulls up and I silently slump into the backseat.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Wow. Now that I think about it, the song Captive by Ashley H is suiting Mia now.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Check out my RPs! the 39 clues, Vespers RP. Children of Bigfoot RP, Limited Spots

Front sm

agentginger211

Branch: Janus

BUMP!

• Posted at:

Melissa|AgentGingerCahill

50%Ekaterina&50%Janus

SNAKESALADIN

Anger|Is|An|Acid|That|Can|Do

More|Harm|To|The|Vessel|In

Which|It|Is|Stored|Then|Anything

On|Which|It|Is|Poured~MarkTwain

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Amber- It all boils down to MLP for you, doesn't it? XD

Chapter Seven

"Let's discuss theme." Today Mrs. Paley's wearing a purple sweater. I swear she has that one sweater in every color under the sun.

"It's natural to assume that a theme is the subject of the poem. But that's not right; the theme of the poem lies in the meaning of the story it tells. In other words, it's the feelings, the emotional setting of what it's about. All clear?"

We nod.

"You can all call out some themes, don't be shy!"

"Doubt!"

"Judgement."

"Friendship!" (This, of course, is Beezus.)

"Dance?"

"My awesomeness." We all glare at Jonas, and Mrs. Paley chuckles.

"First, let's discuss how to choose a theme. Then we will learn how to incorporate it and which words fit which themes."

I take out my notebook and reach for a sparkly purple pen. I love the way Mrs. Paley gives us all the supplies we need. It makes me feel like I'm back in preschool- safe, secure, taken care of.

"Jonas, we'll use your example. 'My awesomeness.' If you're writing the poem just for fun, or humor, that's a great theme. But as a meaningul poem, it wouldn't be very interesting for others to read. Can you think of a reason why?"

The rest of the class breezes away. Good things pass too quickly. But a respite from the pain, no matter how brief, is bliss. So I should stop ruminating about the past. Dom clears his throat.

"I want to read my poem... It's an acrostic."

Mrs. Paley nods encouragingly. "Go ahead."

"Don't judge me

Even when I rain on your parade

Please hear me out

Right now I'm in pain

Every day's a struggle

Seems too hard to do anything

So sorry if I seem cold

I'm just fighting with my mind

Only thing I ever wanted was joy, but it's

Never to be had."

I clap. That's amazing! Wow.

"Nice job, Dom," I say, wishing it would be true for me too.

Beezus reads a poem which belies her smiley demeanor. Who knew?

As I walk out of class, I have a revelation. 

Math test. Math test I didn't study for. Math test I didn't study for happening in 5-4-3-2-1.

I walk into class and let my head fall facefirst onto desk, as if fall the knowledge written on it could be transferred to my brain.

I don't think it will work.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Ooh

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

catpizza879

This is great so far :^)

• Posted at:

HELLO

I LOVE the color blue and green

I LOVE books and more books

I LOVE cats and pizza  hence the name

I'm a Christian 

A SUPER nerd

"I don't believe in doing things the smart way, I believe in doing things the fast way" ~ My Dad

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

That last part was kinda funny. It's an awesome story.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Lucy- Wait till you read this part! Ooh...

Catpizza879- Thanks!

Amber- Yes, it needed some lightening up.

Now let's see if version 3 goes through...

The bell rings, and I try to get out of the classroom as fast as I can. It seems incredibly hard. It seems incredibly hard to do anything these days. Regardless, for me, redemption will always be associated with the sound of that bell.

Kevin's sitting at our usual table, smiling at me so adorably. It feels like I haven't seen him in forever. Not since he drove me home the other day, actually. Seeing him again makes me realize how much I need him, how much I want him, and how impossibly amazing he makes me feel.

The happiness is lined with a twinge of pain, because I know we can't be together.

"Mia! How are you?"

"I'm... okay," I say, sitting down.

"Hey. You'll be fine."

I look up. His eyes are so full of care and kindness. I just want time to freeze right here, and never move on.

"Mia?" I space in.

"Yeah. Sorry. I just... You- I have to tell you something."

"All right, go ahead. I'm listening."

"I, I just want to say, I'm sorry for last week. I shouldn't have just... I shouldn't have done that." My voice cracks. How I wish it wasn't so messed up! All my dreams are immediately doused by Dad, and I can hardly stand it because of Dad, and I feel like I'm never good enough because of Dad, and my little flame sputters, might go out, because of Dad. 

"Mia, it's okay, don't worry about that. I get it. It's not your fault."

Right now, Kevin's being so nice and I just can't handle it because I want to tell him so badly and all the feelings I keep squashing down inside can't stay there anymore and there's so much stress and Kevin Kevin Kevin-

I start to cry. My shoulders heave, and bury my face in my arms. I feel a hand rub my back soothingly, while I let it all out. He doesn't say a word. He's just there for me, silently, and I know he's wishing all his happiness could be mine.

When the racking sobs dwindle off into little sniffles, I sit up and swipe and my eyes. Kevin hands me a tissue.

"Do you want to talk?" Is this real?

My initial reaction is no, of course, but I find myself nodding. I take a deep breath and collect my thoughts.

"Kevin, I would love to go somewhere with you," I start. "You're- you're much more than just a friend to me. You've always been there, quietly reassuring me." Kevin's eyes shine with what I think are tears. He opens his mouth, then closes it. "But there are some other stuff going on, and I just, I just can't."

Kevin nods and scoots his chair a little closer.

"Mia, I hope that one day you'll find the courage to tell me what's going on. But until then, I want you to know that I'm here for you, I'm rooting for you, and I'll never give up on you. I know that you're a fighter. But you're only human, and nobody's expecting you to do it all. And you," -he whispers this last part- "you mean the world to me."

I feel my face getting as red as his, but I don't care. Kevin just gave me what nobody else has ever before: support.

Then the bell rings, but this one does not signify freedom.

MODS PLEASE PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU, LET IT THROUGH!!!

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

"you mean the world to me." AWWW

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

*Pukes*

Brave Chaser!

What? You don't like Romance either Amber!

True, but I don't puke at it. And this is Bracha's story! She is a great writer! This could be on bookshelves and making people cry one day!

Twilight Sparkle would love it.

Brave Chaser...

Fine. I'll go.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Lucy- The reaction I wanted you to have!

Amber- Hahaha me too... Every book needs some, but I do try to take it easy on the romance.

Chapter Eight

The bus bumps along the road to school.

Bump.

Bump.

Buzz.

Bump.

Wait, buzz? What was that? Did someone... text me? Does someone know my number???? It's probably some random person who got the wrong number.

Hey Mia. Its Kevin.

Hi Kevin! Where did u get my number?

Don't ask. I have some urgent news.

Is it good news?

I'm afraid not.

Aww :( Whats up?

Im going on vacation fo a week, so I won't be in school.

Ur such a dork! U actually miss school?

I don't miss school, silly, I miss you!

Oh! I nearly melt. But then his words hit me. He's going away for a week. I won't see him for a week. And we just made up!

I barely got through last week. I don't know if I can do it again. The familiar sense of despair, helplessness, washes over me. I blink furiously, hoping I won't cry.

The buss pulls into the school's parking lot. My legs are lead as I walk off. I push the door open, telling myself I can do it. Dad's not here, there's nothing to be afraid of.

Nothing exept a hallway full of people that I have to get through.

I start pushing my way to the lockers. On the way, I get slammed into the wall by a big guy holding a basketball and poked by the tip of someone's guitar.

I get my books and scuttle to class with a sigh.

This is going to be one long week.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

"I don't miss school, I miss you!" *Brave Chaser and Rainbow fly as far away as possible.*

They'll never change. But I could just tell them it's Friend-miss, not Love-miss.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Amber- It's both, really. You realize that Kevin is literally the only person in the world who actually cares about Mia? The. Only. Person.

I'm walking to the chem lab on Wednesday, about to round a corner, when I hear my name. I flatten myself against the wall, the soundtrack of Harriet The Spy playing in my head. 

"Mia? Why would I invite her?" It's Meghan, Meghan The Menace, as I refer to her in my head. 

"Well, I just thought, the more the merrier, right?" And there's Joanne, her little accomplice. 

"No way. Inviting Mia is total social sucide. I'm not ruining my Sweet Sixteen so that her feelings don't get hurt."

I turn around, tears stinging my eyes, and head to the bathroom. Who needs chemistry class anyway? "Inviting Mia... social sucide..." Meghan's words turn around in my head, louder and louder, accusingly. Why are you so unpopular, Mia? says the voice in my head. Why can't you make the effort to be normal, Mia?

I swing into a stall and slam the door behind me. Things seem crystal clear now. It's no wonder Dad hates me; I'm a failure. Failing grades. Failing Nonexistant social status. I wonder how Mom would feel about me if she was alive. Is she up there, dissapointed at her only child? Is there an up "up there"?

I read the words scribbled on the walls.

I heart JB! 

Loneliness is your only friend!

Deal with it, you're exiled here.

sense of aloneness, complete isolation, crushes me. Even the bathroom agrees: I don't belong here. Nobody wants me. I feel a great weight settle on my shoulders, and put my head on my knees. 

I shiver, though it's warm here. Everywhere I turn, I'm met with opposition. I add no sunshine to this dreary place. But when Meghan walks down the halls, everyone rushes to kiss the ground she walks on. Everyone's face glows when she comes by. She's wanted, accepted, and why? Nobody sees her other side, that's why. It's invisible, like me.

Invisibility. Being there, but not being seen. What about... not being there at all?

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

She's sitting there alone. Right beside her shadow... always on her own. Invisible, like a droplet in the mist. Yikes, she really is like Wallflower Blush, only not bent on erasing everyone's memories of her rival.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

agentclue77

*Josh Nichols voice* Meghan

But legit Meghan seems like the literal worst

Mia really needs Kevin right now

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Amber- That's some really good writing, actually!

Lucy- Guess why I named her Meghan?

Also. Eat chocolate everybody! I was eating chocolate and then I look down and apparently I wrote a whole page!

Kevinless, Day Three. I'd rate it in the negatives.

I come home from work, tired, grouchy, and not in the mood of life. On the ride home, Dad was bashing me because he got a call from school that I'm not doing so well. What hurts most is that I know it's true and I deserve it.

Dad continued with more insults, and I try to let the shower's steady beat drown them out. Keyword: try.

"You're a stupif, spoiled kid! You're weak! You're fifteen, for gods sake, you should be able to handle school and a job!

"You should too," I mutter, pushing the memory out of my head. 

I look at my skin, so smooth, so clean, so perfect. Suddenly, I'm angry. Angry at myself, for not being like that. Angry at the world, for being too harsh. 

I grab a razer and slas at my arm. It stings, but I relish the pain. A stream of blod seeps out, not gushing and spurting, just calmly flowing. I watch it swirl down my hand, mixing with the water, running down the drain. I can't look away from the bright red color; I am filled with fury and I just want to scream!

Dad bangs on the door. As I walk out, I resist the urge to throttel him.

It's only later in bed that the tears come.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

No, no, no, no

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

jadecat1391

And the mods let this through?

• Posted at:

CATTE

AKA:

The pun master

The cat lady

The undertale fangirl

Depressed

Atheist

BISEXUAL

KITTIIIIIIEEEEESSS

All things fantasy

Oreos

Alphdyne

Papyton

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

The reason it was let through people was because 1, it's a story, and 2, she misspelt words. This is heartbreaking! She needs a friend. Did she ever want to make her father proud? Why doesn't she call the police because of the abuse? Why doesn't anyone see her pain?! Are they all idiots?! She's suffering from Mental and Physical Abuse, and only 1 person knows something's wrong! Great Gallopping Gooseberries! Shiitake Mushrooms! Great Scott!

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I just want to say, I was considering skipping this part, but I decided to post it for a few reasons: Most of us MBers are old enough to know about this. This can also save someone. If people know what to look out for, and know more about how the victim feels, they'll be more comfortable going up to them and asking if everything's okay. And anyone reading this who's like Mia might get some strength knowing that they're not alone. Back when the chat existed, someone said "my dad just cute me with a dagger." This happens to regular people, MBers like me and you. So I thought it was okay to post this. Sorry if anyone felt like it was too much.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Well, I’d be lying if I said that it didn’t throw me a little bit when I read it. That being said, I do agree with you. It’s important that readers feel like they aren’t alone - part of the reason I include tough topics in my own books.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

I try really hard to focus in class and take good notes. Maybe if I bring home good grades, Dad will be proud of me. Maybe he won't think I'm a failure anymore. I think I did pretty well, so I'm shocked when Mr. Beauregard tells me to stay after class. I walk slowly up to his desk, wondering what I did wrong this time.

"Mia, your grades have dropped very low this year. You aren't paying attention or participating in class. I expect an improvement from you this term."

"I- I'll try," I stutter. I thought I did well! I tried really hard today, and nobody noticed. The room suddenly feels too hot, and I quickly push the door open... straight into Beezus. 

"Ow." She rubs her nose. "In a rush?"

Right now, all I can think is failurdisappointmentlazyworkharder and the sight of Beezus' smiling face just aggravates me.

"Watch where you're going!" I snap, and run off down the hall. Immediately, I regret it. I can't look back, but I just did. Am I no better than Meghan? 

Instinctively, I head for the library, feeling horrible. Did I really just say that? I grab a chair at my usual table... Then I remember. Kevin's not here. I could text him. I take out my phone, but then put it back. I should be studying, I can't waste my time. I have to work harder, always work harder. "There's always room for improvement," as the poster in my second grade classroom said. Seems like with me, there's a whole abyss for improvement.

I pull out a textbook, still feeling disgusted. The words swim around the page, but I force myself to separate them, make sense of it.

If only I could be read like a textbook, too.

• Posted at:

BRACHA!!!!!

SliGhtLy BonKerS

(JusT IgnOre Me)

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.

-Lemony Snicket

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Woah. No one is seeing her pain yet? I would expect the teachers to already see!

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Amber- They do notice (remember Mr. Eisenhower?) but they either are too shy/don't want to get involved, or they ask and then think "Well, she said she's fine, so... she's fine!" A lot of kids are also just unsure of what to do.

TGIF! Less time spent at school, and one day closer to Kevin's return. I laugh at myself- I'm sounding like one of those people who can't stay away from their partner for a minute without having a meltdown. Well, I suppose I am 'one of those people' now. Weird. 

The day passes by uneventfully, except for the usual thoughts of self destruc- I mean totally not; I'm being very good, positive thinking patterns and everything...

I really don't want to go home but that's not an option. At least I can do it slowly. I decide to walk home, even though it's mid-September and freezing up here in Maine. 

On the way, I pass a small children's park. It's deserted and paints a slightly depressing picture. The ground is covered in leaves, untouched, crunchy, and colorful. The urge to leap into them tugs at me, and I find myself sitting in the little space behind a slide. I lean my head back and breathe.

The air is fresh and crisp, and it smells of new beginnings. Ha. My new beginning isn't exactly the happiest one.

When I was younger, Dad wasn't that bad. He slaped me, sure, but very rarely and never hard enough to leave a mark. The verbal was pretty bad, though. I don't know what suddenly triggered him, but last year, he started going really nuts. I blow out a sad breath.

"Uhh... Mia???" I hear someone ask. I crawl out and when I see Scarlet standing there, my face flushes a deep red. But I don't ask why she's here, and she doesn't ask why I am. Instead, she holds up a fresh green leaf and says,

"I walked down the street

Today, and say a fallen leaf

Still green, it was-

Even in this autumn chill.

I wonder how

It managed to stay that color?"

I nod. "Nice. Thanks for sharing. I, um, I gotta go."

She nods back and I start for home.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Scarlet's nice. Maybe it's a reminder that shows even in harsh conditions, some are still thriving.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

agentclue77

*huggles Mia*

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

I caught up with the latest update of this story, it's a good read. And the characters are sympathetic in the most part with understandable motives.

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2

(30) Nickname: Rad - 8645

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Amber- That's exactly what I was going for!

Lucy- Mia accepts your huggles very gratefully

Rad- Thank you, thank you.

Chapter Nine

The familiar sense of weariness fills me as I round the corner and see my house still standing. The curtains, as usual, are drawn, and Dad's car is parked uselessly in the driveway. He's not the kind of guy who goes out to barrs or whatever. He just stays home, doing nothing, and that's what infuriates me the most.

I ease the door open, not too fast, not too slow. (With dads like mine, you never know what will set them off.) When I'm not met with a barrage of cursing, I let out a breath. Then I notice that all the lights are off. I look up and sigh. What is it this time?

I enter the living room, which come to think of it, portrays my life quite accurately. Threadbare couch, ugly glass vase with some pitiful flowers, and a lone picture of Mom.

"Hey Dad." Eyes down, voice low, speak carefully...

"Hey Mia," he mimics. I'm scared to ask if the fuse blew. Memories of last time threaten to spill out. "I can't pay the electricity bills anymore."

I look up (bad move), my eyebrows furrowed. I'm confused. Dad lost his job a while ago; he hid it from me for some time. How was he paying the bills until now? My money was all going towards food.

Dad notices my look and glares.

"What? Did you think you're smart enough to go to college anyway?"

Huh? Dad's not making any sense. What does college have to do with anything? 

"I- I don't get," I reply meekly. Dad shakes his head.

"It's unbelievable how slow you are... Your. College. Funds. Payed. The. Bills."

No. No. No. He's joking, right, he's joking? He didn't take my college funds. He can't have. 

But he did. And he make it sound like my money picked itself up and payed the bills, he doesn't dare to say "I took it". He stole the money I'd worked for since I was a kid. He took the only thing I have.

"That was always just a savings account for me! You really thought that was yours?" he says, nonchalantly, as if that's perfectly normal. Funny, even.

"YOU MONSTER!" I scream. My voice comes out high pitched and hysterical. "How could you?! All my life you've been nothing but a sorry excuse for a father, all  you've done is yell and hitt, and now you steal my money!!!"

Dad has a moment of shock, but then he recovers. He's staring me down, daring me to go further. I know I'm wading in dangerous waters, every part of me is shouting Stop! but I can't. An uncontrollable ocean of emotion courses through me and I will let Dad have it all. See if he can stop me now.

"I've worked thanklessly to put food in your mouth while you sit home staring at a screen almost as cold as your heart! That money was mine! MINE! You have no right to-"

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

yikes

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

You tell him, Mia! Now you just need someone to save you before he hits you.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

cloudart142

Oh no! The college money! How could he?!

*throws a glare at Mia’s dad*

• Posted at:

Helloooooooooooo!

I’m a

Dreamer

Book- lover

Soccer Player

Artist 

And Music Listener 

Nice to Meet You,

Front sm

catpizza879

I hope nothing bad happens to her *goes and hides in the closet*

• Posted at:

HELLO

I LOVE the color blue and green

I LOVE books and more books

I LOVE cats and pizza  hence the name

I'm a Christian 

A SUPER nerd

"I don't believe in doing things the smart way, I believe in doing things the fast way" ~ My Dad

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

*Grabs giant monkey Wrench* Mia will need this.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Argh! Sorry, this next part just won't go through. I'll revise it and try again later.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

proudcat90

Lucy- The reaction I envisioned!

Amber- Unfortunately, life isn't a wish granting factory... Although that monkey wrench would sure help!

Cloud- *joins glare*

Catpizza- It will all work out, don't worry!

I wake up. I feel cold. Then everything that just happened scatters out of the box I stuffed it in and flys around, too quick to be caught. Tears leak out of my left eye (the other one is swollen shut).

I try to sit up and find I can't. I'm bruised all over; it hurts worse than anything and everything all come together. I know that however bad he beat me, I beat him too. That doesn't change much, though. I feel woozy and disoriented; my head's really hurting now.

I reach up to feel it. My fingers come away blody, and I think I felt something sharp up there. Oh, yeah. The same guy who I called Dad thought it amusing to shove me into it.

I groan and try to sit up again, but it all hurts. I see an empty driveway through the open door. Empty, empty, just like me. Just like my life.

No, I'm not empty. I'm full of ugly moments crammed into a neat little box marked "Do not open." But he hid me so hard that that the box cracked. Before it all went black, everything inside came and said hi. I relived them all. 

I drag myself over to the couch and lay my head down. I think my leg is broken where he kicked it, and also where I hit the wall. I realize that I'm not crying anymore. It doesn't hlep. Nothing can. Not even the yellow sticky not Kevin snuck into my locker. I picture the ink bleeding, the words running into blue tears. Those words don't matter now. It seem that so little does, after all.

[Here she says exactly what happened.]

This is going to be my last memory. That fills me with a deep sadness. This is how it ends. Now my little victory doesn't matter anymore. (Did it ever?) Only the pain. 

Pain. Hurt. Ache. Burn. Sting. Throb. Anguish. Torment. It all comes back to hurt and pain. 

That's all I feel. Actually, that's hust the closest I can get. The shadow I can show you. I wish I was still unconscious. Wishes are useless. I feel my head again. Still bleeding. If only my memories could leech out like that...

If I survive, but he doesn't come back, what happens then? I have too many questions, which I'm sure I can answer with some thought. But... thought. That's a problem. Any stimuli makes it worse.

So I lay here for the longest time, trying not to think, listening to the silence of an empty room.

I thought it was for real this time

Thought it would actually last

I'd let myself hope and believe

Guess I shouldn't have done that  

All those feelings

That I hate so much

Just came crashing back

And I'm left wondering what happened

To happy's magic touch

Black seems so much darker

Next to white than next to gray

Things were good, and now they're bad

And it's the same exact way

Everything was going smooth

I was flying high

But now I'm left with nothing

Fallin' outta the sky  

When all else fails

There's got to be one more thing

Life ain't a fairy tale, though

So sometimes there's not

• Posted at:

BRACHA!!!!!

SliGhtLy BonKerS

(JusT IgnOre Me)

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.

-Lemony Snicket

Front sm

agentclue77

*huggles Mia again*

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Lucy- Hey look, it helped! 

Chapter Ten

I feel like there's something so obvious that I'm missing. A crucial piece of the puzzle swept under the rug. It's an annoying itch that I just can't scratch. It wiggles in the back of my mind, just out of reach.

Like a bright star drawing near, it suddenly dawns on me. A slow smile spreads across my bruised face as I pull out my phone. Kevin. The thought washes over me like warm sunshine. I can call Kevin!

I guess I shoud call the cops, but in my weakened state of mind, I doubt I'd be of any help. I nearly forgot my own name just now. Also, I'm terrified. I just want a comforting word, someone who cares about me. 

With shaking fingers, I dial his number. He picks up on the second ring.

"Greetings, Mia."

I sob. "Kevin, I need, I'm-" Something is not connecting between my brain and my mouth. "My, can you," I try, but then just end up hiccuping and sniffling. 

"What's going on? Mia, is everything all right?"

"No, no it's n-" A car pulls into the driveway. A familiar car. His car. My tears choose now to show themselves. I let out an agonized wail and drop the phone.

• Posted at:

Bracha

1 , , 3 ,