Front sm

dogyellow583

Branch: Ekaterina

The creature was even larger than she had imagined. As with anything she'd not yet seen with her own eyes, there had been plenty of stories and descriptions told, passed down through generations. The girl stood still on the shore as the aquatic dragon sat where the water lapped over its talons.

Its back was towards her and it seemed not to sense her, either. Though, the stories were that such a creature could sense any other living thing-- whether it be by an extraordinary sense of smell or plain magic was unknown. Most people assumed magic and rightfully so. If you'd seen the animal, your breath would be taken and you'd also guess it was magic.

The teal spots along the creature's spine faded evenly into the lighter blue color of the rest of the skin. As it breathed, the creature's sides rose and fell in a soothing pattern. The girl, almost hypnotized, could nearly forget the powerful tail covered in spines.

When the girl had first heard stories of such creatures, it was from her grandpa when she was very young and therefore, she could not remember it in great detail. She remembered the old man's eyes widening when he told about the moment his father had realized he had stumbled into the lair of a great and powerful beast. She recalled his sparkling eyes when she would ask, "Grandpa, is that a true story?" and he would wink, saying, "It might be... it might not be. You'll have to ask the dragons if you should see one."

A rush of grief flowed over her-- how she missed her grandfather-- and afterward, a river of bravery.

"Dragon," she whispered, the gathered her courage to call: "Dragon! Did you meet my grandfather when he was only a young man?"

Nothing happened for a moment. Then, slowly, the creature turned. Its amber eyes studied her for a long moment.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Christy ~  currently trying to figure out what’s wrong with me 

Front sm

dogyellow583

Branch: Ekaterina

teleport

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Christy ~  currently trying to figure out what’s wrong with me