How do you like this?

Front sm

tigerdragon14035

Branch: Janus

Introduction

In the kingdom of Malancia, no area is more feared than the Acroniam Forest. The closest civilization to the forest is the Shakan Inn. The innkeeper there tells everyone the same thing: “Don’t enter the Acroniam Forest. It’s a dangerous place.”

Why, many ask. The innkeeper responds with four words: “The Mage of Midnight.”

The Mage of Midnight is supposedly the only living Malacian living in the Acroniam Forest. She was thought to protect the treasure of Sankali, the one who originally discovered the forest. 

She is one of the best magicians in the land, a wolf with unnatural powers, who’s face is never seen due to her dark blue hood, they say. If you enter her domain, she is said to show up out of nowhere. She’ll tell you her riddle. If you answer it correctly, she’ll let you travel through the forest undisturbed. if you answer it incorrectly, she’ll attack, sending her shadows through the forest after you. The ones who escaped were never the same, and more often than not driven mad. As for the ones who haven’t returned... nobody knows. 

What they don’t know is that I’m no mage, and that I’m simply protecting them. 

Hey guys! So, I posted this on the SAMB and the WoFMB, and I wanted to know what you guys think! Hope you like this! 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~THUNDER~

HUFFLEPUFF

Apollo’s daughter

Janus

ROMIONE AND TYSELLA FOREVER!

Front sm

cloudart142

Branch: Lucian

It’s good so far! Keep up the good work. :)

• Posted at:

Helloooooooooooo!

I’m a

Dreamer

Book- lover

Soccer Player

Artist 

And Music Listener 

Nice to Meet You,

Front sm

tigerdragon14035

Chapter 1

I watched from the bushes as a little rabbit skipped through the forest, closer and closer to the center. “Bah! Madame Midnight is too afraid to show her face around me!” Madame Midnight. He was from the East, I could tell by the name. 

I gave Chancer the hawk the signal. He was opposite me, around nine feet away. He pulled a glowing, red ruby out of his pack. He held it and stared at the rabbit. The rabbit instantly froze. I ran out behind him, pulling my hood up. Chancer put away the ruby, and the rabbit unfroze. “Or am I?” He turned around, terrified at what he’d see. 

“I shall give you one riddle. If you answer it correctly, you may wander my forest unharmed. If you answer incorrectly, you will be put at the mercy of my shadows.” I then recited the words I said over and over, “What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs at noon, and three at midday?”*

“Umm...” He brightened suddenly. “Why, that’s a trick question! Nothing does! It’s obvious!”

“Incorrect.”

“Wha-what?!”

“You shall be put in the paws of my shadows, now! Good luck surviving!” I said in a booming voice. I reached into my bag for a sapphire— I touched it. The rabbit looked around, screamed, and ran. 

Chancer came out of the bushes. “Nice job, Chosi!”

“You too, Chance.” I sighed. I felt bad doing this to the rabbit, but madness was better than what happened if the unworthy wandered. My riddle’s answer is simple: man. However, there have been many so-called Mages of Midnight before me, and the first one, who actually knew magic, put a spell on this riddle so only the pure of heart could figure it out, and mostly, the pur of heart knew better than to enter. 

“Come on, let’s get back to the village.” Chancer handed me the ruby, and I stuffed it into my pack. The villagers couldn’t know about these... Chancer and I went to my home, the Chief’s hut. My father was the chief; I was next in line. We sat down. My father wasn’t here, probably resolving something between a few villagers. “I’ll be back in a minute,” I said to Chancer. He nodded. I got up and climbed up the stairs. 

I opened the door into my younger brother’s room. “You awake, Cortan?” I said softly. “Yeah,” a hoarse voice replied. I smiled. 

“How are you feeling? You feeling alright?”

“Well, pretty good minus the fact that I might drop dead at any minute.” 

I tried to smile. “Do you need anything?”

“No, I’m good.”

“Alright, if you’re sure.” I left and went back down the stairs. Cortan was fatally sick. He had Swartis, the same disease that killed our mother two years ago... if he died... I shook my head. No. I refused to think about it. He was going to survive. 

I sat back down. “Well, Chosi?” Chancer said. “You said you wanted to talk to me. About what?”

Chancer was my right-hand man, and my best friend for years. He was the only person I trusted with this... 

You see, our village of Acronia was Sankali’s treasure. At least, the first part... Sankali founded the village years ago. He was my I-don’t-know-how-many-greats-grandfather. But he didn’t only create the village. He made our life source: the Mage Gems. The ruby and sapphire from earlier were the first two: The Ruby of Time and The Sapphire of Illusions. Most of the villagers don’t know about these, only the chief’s family and closest friends. Being my best friend/assistant, Chancer knew about them. That was why we kept outsiders away; if they took the Mage Gems, not only would our village die, but so would all of Malancia. Those who enter the forest wish to steal the treasure. If they did... enter explosion noise here. 

“The Emerald of Foresight... I think it’s been giving me odd visions lately...” 

Before I could elaborate, I was cut off by the sound of a shout. Chancer and I ran to the door. Outside was a sight I really didn’t want to see. There was a whole army of outsiders in the village. Their leader, a cat, said, “Where’s the treasure? Tell us, or you all die!”

I know, I only posted this a couple hours ago, but I already had this chapter up on the SAMB and WoFMB. I’ll probably have the next one up before the day is iver, too... If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask. Also don’t be afraid to say what you think will happen, cause I have literally no idea, and I’m open to suggestions. Also, about the riddle:

*Chosi is, in a few small ways, the equivalent to the Sphinx in Malancia. This is why she uses the riddle of the Sphinx. Also, because I couldn’t think of anything else. 

Thank you for reading! PS Thanks!

• Posted at:

~THUNDER~

HUFFLEPUFF

Apollo’s daughter

Janus

Front sm

cloudart142

One question-how old is Chosi and Chancer. Also Corton is her brother right? 

I think it great so far. And the cat reminds me of Puss and the boots. I think maybe the cat/outsiders become allies w/ the village and combine with the village since they’re refuges from a dark evil source which destroyed their town. And their looking for the jewls/treasure for revenge? Or maybe the evil source took away half the town and they’re trying to rescue them? Maybe the evil source is Madame Midnight? Just a thought/guess... can’t wait for the next chapter! :)

• Posted at:

Helloooooooooooo!

I’m a

Dreamer

Book- lover

Soccer Player

Artist 

And Music Listener 

Nice to Meet You,

Front sm

tigerdragon14035

Wow, thanks! Your the first one to comment on this chapter on any of the message boards... anyways, to answer your questions, Chosi is about 18, and Chancer’s 20, maybe? Yes, Cortan is her younger brother (12). Also, yeah, the cat kind of is like puss in boots XD. Thanks for reading!

• Posted at:

~THUNDER~

HUFFLEPUFF

Apollo’s daughter

Janus

Front sm

cyclonecandy39

This is good!

• Posted at:

Fiona/Elia/☆☆ ɆⱠɆ₵₮Ɽł₵ ʀǟɨռ ☆☆ (Call me any)

Local RP Person! 

I'a Hufflepuff

'Call me a schemer, call me a freak. How can you say that? I'm just... unique.' -Mal (Descendants)

I'm Rotten to the Core

Front sm

tigerdragon14035

Chapter 2

Chancer and I ran outside. How had they gotten in?! When I wasn’t on duty, the foxes of the village managed things! I mean, they didn’t know about the Mage Gems, but they still managed it! How had a whole army gotten past the— oh, wait, was that Dalandis the fox? The leader of the fox patrol? Why, that little traitor!

“Where’s the Mage of Midnight now? I don’t see her running to help you!” 

“You’re standing in our treasure! This village is the treasure!”

“Nonsense! Even if most of your citizens don’t know, we know you have something else!” the cat said.

Dalandis help up an opal. “Indeed.” That was the Opal of Invisibility! “I knew something was up, so I did a bit of sneaking around. We foxes are excellent at that.”

“And treachery,” I growled. I had never liked this guy, but now it was even worse. 

He ignored me. “I discovered this. At first, I thought it was your normal, every day jewel. But now I see that when you concentrate...” he turned invisible. “This happens. And I found it in the Chief’s hut.” 

From there, things passed by in a blur. The battle was hard. Unfortunately, my people were forced to retreat. Only a few of us escaped, including me, Chancer, my father, and Cortan, who some villager had thought to save. We found ourselves in an old cave that I’d only been in once. Once we’d hidden the entrance, the escapees started bombarding my father with questions. He explained everything to them while I ventured deeper into the cavern, where I could be alone. 

Ugh. This was all my fault. I had been having dreams about this. I’d known they were from the Emerald of Foresight, and I hadn’t even payed any attention until it was too late! I spent too much time focusing on a little rabbit that I let an entire army find it’s way into Acronia! Now we were hiding out in a cave that nobody ever went into unless they were desperate. Ugh. And I was going to be chief someday. 

I was so focused on my thoughts, I didn’t even notice Chancer come up behind me until he spoke. “I know what you’re thinking, and it was not your fault.”

“But it was, Chancer! I knew this was going to happen! I could have prevented it! But I didn’t think anything of it!”

Either he had some special mind-reading powers, or he was good at hiding confusion. Or he remembered my mention of the Emerald. “Chosi, there was nothing you could have done. The Emerald’s prophecies cannot be avoided, no matter how hard you try.” Ok, third one. 

I sighed. He had a point. So I just said, “Come on. Let’s head back to the others.” We walked back. We got there right as Dad shouted, “SILENCE!” I stopped in my tracks. So did Chancer. 

Dad started saying, “There is one more part of this secret that only the current chief knows. Nobody else. Only them.” Was he talking about a part that I didn’t know? I thought he had told me every part... “Sankali left behind instructions. He had known this would happen, as the Emerald of Foresight, the most powerful Mage Gem, told him. This was a sign of the Eight Great Mages being gone for too long. These gems were not discovered by Sankali. They had originally belonged to the Eight Great Mages of Malancia. These gems were the source of their power, each of the gems’ powers enhancing that element of magic. The Eight Great Mages knew that they needed to give these gems to Sankali. There are many holes in the story, but what we do know is that what is coming will be prevented if we return the gems to their home region. We must do this. Or at least we would be if we hadn’t left the gems behind!” Dad punched the wall. I blinked. I’d never heard of the Eight Great Mages— must have been a forgotten tale. Many things such as this are forgotten around here. Or maybe it was mostly just from the outside. 

“Um... Dad?” I heard a hoarse voice speak up. We all turned to Cortan, who was lying in the corner. “We do have one of the gems.”

“What are you talking about? None of those who actually know about them went to retrieve them.”

“Well, I had one all along.” We stared. I said, “What?!”

Cortan sat up and pulled out a beautiful peridot. I gasped. Chancer said, “The Peridot of Plants!” Dad simply said, “Why do you have the Peridot, Cortan?” 

“I got a feeling last night. I was feeling a bit— cough, cough— better, so I went down and grabbed the first one. It was late, so you and Chosi weren’t awake.” I blinked. Then laughed. “This means we can get started! The outsiders may have the rest, but we can get started!”

“Indeed.” Then, my father said, “We need only a few people to return the Peridot to its region. Do we have any volunteers?” I shouted, “Well, I have to go! At least one of the chief family should go!”

“And I’ll go too,” Chancer said. Then, softer to what he thought I couldn’t hear, “To keep her out of her normal trouble.” I glared at him. 

Dad looked at us for a minute, and said, “Very well. Anyone else?” I could almost hear the crickets. “Ok. Chosi and Chancer shall go alone.” He walked over to us and said. “Follow me. I must explain things to you in a bit more detail.”

Hey guys! Sorry about the cliffhanger here, but what’s a story without a cliffhanger? Thanks for reading! TO BE CONTINUED (either tomorrow or even just a few hours)

• Posted at:

~THUNDER~

HUFFLEPUFF

Apollo’s daughter

Janus

Front sm

tigerdragon14035

Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t posted the next chapter yet, it keeps slipping my mind. I’ll do my best to do it by tomorrow! Sorry!

• Posted at:

~THUNDER~

HUFFLEPUFF

Apollo’s daughter

Janus