Any good?

Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

Heyyyyy...yes, I am releasing a new story!

SYNOPSIS:

Twelve-year-old Rory Sakata is...different. She's always known that. She’s always known about the weird panic she gets when there’s a lot of noise around her, or someone engages in any form of physical contact.

Rory’s also always known that her roommate and best friend, Ava Einbinder, may be stubborn, but she’s also one of the nicest people Rory knows. Which is why when Ava is accused of a crime at Grapevine boarding school, Rory knows that someone must have framed her. With the help of another “different” kid, Wyatt Carlyle, she intends to uncover the real criminal, and realize that sometimes your differences, are what make you special.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Don't you forget about me

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

Another great one from Lucy! I can't wait!!! Does she have sensory issues or social anxiety? 

• Posted at:

Bracha

Life's tough. I try to be tougher.

I wish all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

cloudart142

Yay, a new story! 

• Posted at:

Helloooooooooooo!

I’m a

Dreamer

Book- lover

Soccer Player

Artist 

And Music Listener 

Nice to Meet You,

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

She definitely doesn't have social anxiety - although, I do have a character in this who does - but her condition and issues will be revealed throughout the course of the book.

CA142-

*Riley Matthews voice* YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY

They can say it all sounds crazy
They can say I've lost my mind
I don't care so call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design

Every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake

-Ziv Zaifman, The Greatest Showman

Chapter 1

A Little Advice

Look, if anybody ever tells you that you’re strange and weird, take it as a compliment. Who wants to be like everybody else?

I wish someone had told me that before the events that I’m about to tell you about. Honestly.

Because who am I? I’m just Rory Sakata – a Japanese twelve-year-old girl currently residing in Grapevine Boarding School in New Britain, Connecticut, who just so happens to be a little different than everyone else. And no, I’m not trying to say that in an I’m not like other girls way. Although, no matter how much I try to convince you that I’m not trying to say it like that, you won’t believe me until you hear the full story.

So, here you go. Enjoy the ride.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I agree! A few days ago me and my cousin were trying to convince my aunt that it's great to be weird and she was like "I'm sending you two to a doctor." I can't wait for more this story sounds really good.

• Posted at:

Bracha

I wish all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Lol, that's exactly how my family is around me.

Chapter 2

Breakfast

“Rory,” Ava groaned from under her sheets. “Do you have to wake up at the crack of dawn every day?”

I looked at her, and cocked my head to the side, thinking about her question. No, I didn’t have to, but I certainly liked to. It just made me feel better, for some reason.

I shook my head. “No,” I said, tying my long, dark hair up in the purple ribbon. “But, unlike you, I don’t enjoy being rushed for things.”

I thought back to when I was in a regular public school. To the mornings of getting ready, before I started waking up at five in the morning. I shuddered at the memories. The tension of everyone tired and frustrated in the mornings, and usually, me being yelled at to hurry up.

“You just like to spend more time in the morning looking at pictures of dolphins,” Ava snorted.

I wasn’t sure whether or not she meant that as a snarky comment or not. It was true, I did like spending more time to sketch the pictures of all the different kinds of dolphins from the oceanography books from the library. If it was a snarky comment or even an insult, then it wasn’t a very good one.

And anyway, Ava would never outright insult me. She could be quite snarky and sarcastic, but she was the nicest person I’d ever met. Well…other than Akimi.

Akimi was my sister, who was four years and five months older than me. Doing the math, she turned sixteen two months ago. I wondered how she was doing.

I just nodded.

Eventually, Ava gave up on trying to go back to sleep, so she just got up and started getting dressed, not bothering to brush her dark, frizzy curls, and just tying it up with a rubber band.

Ava looked over at the dolphin I was sketching out. “Wow,” she said. “You’re amazing at that.”

I looked up at her and then opened the oceanography book to the page on Tucuxi – which is a type of dolphin similar to the Guiana dolphin that resides in the freshwaters of northern South America.

I pointed at the picture, “The one in the book has a wider fin.”

Ava chuckled and shook her head, “You’re still really good at that. I can’t draw a stick figure to save my life.”

I looked at all the pictures she had hanging in our dorm room. She loved photography and would take pictures with her phone all the time. When I had asked her why she didn’t have a camera, she just shrugged and brushed it off, saying that her phone took better pictures anyway. I didn’t think that was true.

“You take good pictures,” I said.

Ava laughed, “Yeah, thanks.”

I put my pencil down and gave up on drawing the Tucuxi and stared at Oscar swimming around in his tank. Oscar’s the goldfish that Vice Principal Dickers allowed me to bring to Grapevine. Dad got Oscar for me shortly after the fire. Watching Oscar was calming. Oscar yawned, and I giggled.

If I could describe what breakfast at Grapevine is like in one word, it’d be hectic. I always hated it. There were so many people. All trying to go in different directions. And the noise. That was the worst. I usually wore earplugs to block it out, but I had forgotten them today.

I took a deep breath and stopped in front of the double-doors of the mess hall. “I can’t go in there,” I said.

“C’mon,” Ava urged. “You’ll be fine.”

I shook my head. I could already feel it. Everyone walking became blurs and the noise was ever-present. I was already fidgeting. That usually helped a little.

“Rory,” Ava said, pointing to an empty table, “look at that table over there. It’s nice and empty. You can go sit there, and I’ll bring you whatever they’re serving for breakfast today.”

I nodded. That sounded like a good plan. I just walked towards the table, making sure to keep my eyes on it. I resisted the urge to put my hands over my ears to muffle the noise at least a little. I told myself that I could do that as soon as I got to the table.

I managed to get there just fine, sitting down at the table, trying to concentrate on fidgeting. It’s weird, but it did tend to help a little.

Ava set our trays down on the table, pushing mine towards me. “It’s just oatmeal and fruit today, same as every Tuesday.”

Ava sat down as I picked up my spoon and scooped some oatmeal onto it. I actually liked this breakfast, unlike Ava. I counted four raisins in the oatmeal today. Same as always. Calming.

Ava nudged me and whispered, “You know who is looking at you.”

I didn’t know who, so I looked back, and my dark brown eyes locked with the blue ones of Wyatt Carlyle.

Wyatt was…different. I wasn’t sure how to describe him since we’d never actually held a full conversation. In fact, he’d never even spoken a single word to me in the two years that I’d been attending Grapevine.

He was always alone, and he never made eye contact with anyone. I could relate – I didn’t tend to make eye contact with people either. But, he was always looking down, his light brown hair falling in front of his eyes. And he always had a little rubber ball with him, that he was constantly squeezing the life out of.

I’d heard rumors about him. He was mute, he was a sociopath, he was a criminal. Rachel Davids had the crazy idea that he was some sort of vampire (she was quite obsessed with that one series everyone was obsessed with a few years back).

I knew that for sure the vampire one couldn’t be true since vampires weren’t real – no matter how much Rachel tried to convince me. And the sociopath one was pretty far out there, since being a sociopath was a personality disorder and you couldn’t be diagnosed with one until you were eighteen. As for the other two…I wasn’t sure. And anyway, I didn’t really spend too much of my time thinking about him.

Wyatt averted his eyes to his own bowl of oatmeal, squeezing the rubber ball.

I looked back at Ava.

“He’s weird,” Ava muttered.

I didn’t blame him for wanting to be alone. I often felt that way at times.

I didn’t want confrontation though, so I kept my mouth shut.

We ate in silence for a little while longer, before I heard Rachel say to her friends, “Did you hear about the break-in last night?”

I perked up. What break-in?

At that moment, Vice Principal Dickers’ voice came over the PA system. “Will Ava Einbinder please report to the office? I repeat, will Ava Einbinder please report to the office?”

Ava looked at me, puzzled, and then stood up to head to the office.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

cloudart142

So far, so good! Can’t wait for more! Keep up the great work, :)

• Posted at:

Helloooooooooooo!

I’m a

Dreamer

Book- lover

Soccer Player

Artist 

And Music Listener 

Nice to Meet You,

Front sm

butterflyamber887

That was great! I love this one. Funny, you never seemed all that weird, but I guess I don't either. 

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

CA142-

Thanks!

Bracha-

Thanks! Trust me, I'm very weird

mods please let this through!

Chapter 3

Hallways

Ava came back later that day while I was watching a documentary on whale sharks.

She trudged into the room and flopped onto her bed. “Vice Principal Dickers is an idiot.”

I paused the TV and looked at her. “What do you mean?”

She rolled over onto her back, “He’s got it into his head that I broke into his office and stole some stupid computer. Like I’d ever want one of those ancient things.”

Wait. That didn’t make any sense. “But you didn’t steal it.”

Ava sat up, “Exactly! I tried telling him that I was in my room the whole time, that he could even ask you. He didn’t believe me. He said that he found strands of my hair in his office.”

“Are you going to be arrested?” I asked her.

Ava shook her head, “No. He did try to get my mother roped into all this.” She scoffed, “Like she’d care whatever happened to me.”

Ava got like this sometimes. Apparently, something had happened between her and her mother before she came to White Orchid last year. I asked the first time she brought it up. She just told me that she didn’t want to talk about it, and I never asked again.

Ava continued, “I’m also to do my work in the dorm and I’m not allowed to go to the dance on Saturday.”

“Wasn’t it called a ball?” I asked.

Ava shrugged, “Dance. Ball. Same thing.” Ava rubbed her eyes, “Look, Rory, I’m super tired, and don’t really want to talk about this much longer. I’m gonna go to sleep, alright?”

I nodded, pressing play on the documentary while she settled into her bed.

I couldn’t stop thinking about who did this, and why they’d frame Ava. Ava seemed really upset about it. Although, she wasn’t being arrested, which was a good thing.

I wanted to get to the bottom of this, but I didn’t have a clue where to start.

Here’s a little description of what it’s like for me to walk down the halls at school.

People. An overwhelming amount of people. I was tested once for social anxiety disorder. I didn’t end up having it. But I didn’t like having a lot of people in my general perimeter. They all seemed to blur in front of me, and it almost felt like everyone was moving in slow-motion, never moving fast enough.

Chatter. Kids taking all at once. Before I figured out that wearing earplugs while walking down the halls would be a good idea, the noise would be excruciating. It was like instead of everyone talking at a regular volume, someone had taken a remote and raised the volume on every single one of their voices and conversations.

Touching. It wasn’t too bad – not like the noise and the people – since nobody was trying to touch you. But every time someone’s arm brushed against mine, it sent jolts through my whole body. And it wasn’t in an oh-my-god-the-cutest-boy-in-school-touched-my-arm way. More like a this-is-making-me-really-uncomfortable-I-need-to-get-out-of-here kind of way.

Once I’d get to class it was slightly better. I’d usually fidget a lot though. If I got really nervous, I’d start rocking back and forth. I’m not really sure why I’d do that, but I would.

Despite my nervousness though, I actually liked participating in class. I was always told that I was really smart, so I’d participate when I knew the answer. Being smart was never a challenge for me. I don’t think I ever had to study for a test. I never had to work for A’s, the knowledge just came naturally to me.

During free period, I usually sat in an alcove that I had found a few years back and drew a little more. No one bothered me there.

Today though, I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I looked up to see who had tapped me.

Wyatt Carlyle.

“You’re really good,” he muttered.

It was the first time I’d ever heard him speak, and I was kind of surprised. Why was Wyatt Carlyle talking to me?

I never know how to respond to compliments, so I just kind of smiled slightly and went back to drawing.

He kept standing there, and I had no idea why. Then, he sat down right in front of me on the floor. “Do you know what happened to Ava?”

I looked up, and nodded, “The principal thinks she broke into his office.”

“But you know she didn’t,” Wyatt prompted.

I nodded. “The principal says he found her DNA in his office.”

“At the scene of the crime,” Wyatt corrected.

“Yeah,” I said.

Wyatt sat back, “Well, it seems to me like you have some investigating to do.”

“Why are you talking about it with me?” I asked.

“Because I want to help you,” he said.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

His name is Dickers? Oookay. But what kind of principal goes as far as DNA testing? Mean guy. Is White Orchid where Violet was? I really really liked this part, getting to see more of the characters' personality.  

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

It was the police who came to investigate that did the testing, but yeah, mean guy. Yes, White Orchid was where Violet was...although, it's a typo, it's supposed to say Grapevine. Thanks!

Chapter 4

Suspects

“Ava!” I burst into our room, ready to tell her the good news.

Ava looked up from the desk and her eyes widened. “Rory,” she hissed, “what is he doing here? Are you crazy? Boys aren’t allowed on this side of the school.” She shook her head, “Oh, who am I kidding, of course, you’re crazy.”

Well, according to the dictionary definition of crazy, which was a mentally deranged person, I wasn’t crazy. Although, she could be referring to crazy as an adjective, meaning enthusiastic, because I am quite enthusiastic about things I like. If that was the case, then yes, I would consider myself as crazy about marine life and drawing.

I decided to contemplate this later.

“He said he’d help,” I said.

Ava sighed and took my arm, pulling me away from where Wyatt was now admiring her pictures.

“And why’d you trust him?” She asked. “You know the rumors about him. What if he really is a criminal?”

“I don’t believe he is,” was all I said to her.

Ava rolled her eyes, “And how many conversations have you had with him?”

“One, but-”

“Exactly,” Ava said. “You shouldn’t have brought him into our room.” She shook her head, “Vice Principal Dickers is going to be even more furious when he gets wind of this.”

I couldn’t understand why she was getting so worked up about this. It wasn’t like I brought him in here to make-out with him. I didn’t even know him. We just needed a place to discuss the plan.

I just sighed, “Fine, we’ll find another place to plan this.”

Ava looked wearily at Wyatt, then her face darkened, and her eyes widened when she saw that Wyatt was now fingering one of the pictures.

“Hey! Don’t touch those!” She ran over and pulled his hand away from the one he was touching – one of a mountain.

Wyatt stared at her with wide-eyes, breathing hard, “I-I’m sorry.”

Ava looked from where she had a hand on his wrist and back to his wide eyes. She let go, muttering, “Sorry.”

Wyatt rubbed his wrist from where she grabbed him. “I’m sorry,” he repeated. “I shouldn’t have come in here.”

I shook my head, “It’s okay for today. But we should meet somewhere else from now on.”

Ava sighed heavily and sat at the desk again.

Wyatt’s eyes brightened, “We’re going to be meeting more often?”

I nodded, “If we want to get to the bottom of this, then yes.”

Wyatt grinned so much, it spread to my face.

<><><>

“Can I ask you a question?” I asked Wyatt, sitting down in the alcove.

“What?”

“What’s actually wrong with you?”

I look back on that now and realize how rude that must’ve sounded. At the time, it seemed like a perfectly normal question to ask. I always had trouble with that. Dad always said that I needed to be more careful in what I said to be people.

I could never understand why people would still get offended and/or weirded out by some of my questions and statements even after running them over in my brain before deciding that I thought they’d be okay.

I now realize why I thought that.

Wyatt blinked, looked down at his hands, and then back up at me, “I have severe social anxiety.”

I don’t think I really thought that he’d just come right out and tell me, but he did.

“Oh,” I said. Akimi knew a boy with moderate social anxiety, which is where the idea to get me tested for it came from.

“Is that why you’re always alone?” I asked.

He nodded, “It’s why I came to this place in the first place. My mom thought it’d help me.” Wyatt scoffed, “Fat chance. It’s only gotten worse.”

“Do you take medication for it?”

Wyatt nodded again, “Yeah. I have to take it every morning before breakfast. It leaves me feeling like a zombie. And the days that I decide not to take it, always result in a really bad panic attack.”

“I’m sorry,” was all I said.

He shook his head, “Don’t be, it’s something I can’t help. It’s something that sucks but…it isn’t like I can wave a magic wand and have it all disappear.

We sat in silence for a moment longer, until Wyatt finally sighed and said, “So, what’s the plan?”

I thought about that for a moment, running my mind over all everything we should do, checking it all off in my brain. Almost like if I were looking at it all pass by in front of my eyes.

“We should start with narrowing down the list of suspects,” Wyatt said.

I stared at him.

“I love mysteries,” Wyatt muttered, looking down, making his shaggy brown hair fall in front of his face. “I watch way too many mystery shows in my spare time.”

I shrugged, “I watch way too many ocean documentaries in my spare time.”

He looked up and smiled slightly.

After going over the list of potential suspects, we kept coming up with one person.

The Rat…A.K.A. Gavin Gallagher.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

If only we all had magic wands... This is getting exciting!

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

I just started reading this, and it sounds like they all have autism. autism can be really bad, but it can also increase your brain capacity sometimes. I have siblings with autism. sadly, theirs is not good.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm from the 39 clues website!

Forum Twins: Fiona and Jaiden

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Check out my RPs! the 39 clues, Vespers RP. Children of Bigfoot RP, Limited Spots

leave a message at the beep, unless it's bad news BEEP

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yes, it is!

Amber-

Wyatt doesn't have autism, but he does have very severe social anxiety. Rory, on the other hand, is on the spectrum, she just isn't aware of it yet.

Chapter 5

The Rat

Gavin was older than we were – fourteen and a freshman in the high school portion of this school. He was kind of strange looking, with a pointed nose and very angular features. He had a close-cropped buzz cut, but there was one piece of hair that he never cut – and by the looks of it, never washed – that always hung over his shoulder. He affectionately referred to it as his “rat tail” – hence the nickname “The Rat”.

Gavin was always rather sketchy, and a big trouble maker, constantly pulling pranks, which usually landed him in detention. There was one time when he freed the dissection rats from the science lab into Vice Principal Dickers’ office, and another when he put onions in the smoke machine at one of the dances. I was glad I didn’t attend that dance.

Point is, he’s a major suspect.

The detention room always freaked me out. I’d never been in, but if a regular classroom made me uneasy, then one full of the trouble maker kids definitely did that. Although other than Gavin, there was only one other kid in there, and that was a girl sitting in the corner.

Here’s something weird about me: when someone else is nervous about doing something, I’ve somehow been able to find a loophole that allows me to do it. So, I did the talking because Wyatt was nervous, squeezing his rubber ball. I didn’t make eye-contact, though. That was always difficult for me.

“What do you two freaks want?” Gavin asked that day.

“What do you know about the break-in?” I asked him.

Gavin shrugged, “Nothing.”

I didn’t buy it. I guess Wyatt didn’t either, because he mumbled, “You’re lying.”

Gavin looked surprised, “So, he speaks.”

“You’re lying,” Wyatt said, louder this time. I looked down at his hands and could see that he was squeezing the rubber ball even harder.

Gavin shook his head. “No, I’m not.”

“You aren’t making eye-contact with her,” Wyatt muttered.

“She isn’t doing a very good job of making eye-contact with me!” Gavin insisted.

My face burned. I thought I’d been doing a pretty good job. I’d kept my head up, and I basically either stared at his forehead or at something behind him. I wasn’t looking down at my shoes this time around.

Gavin crossed his arms and sat back in his seat, “Look, I know I’m a trouble maker and a gifted prankster, but I didn’t break into the office.”

Wyatt and I exchanged a glance.

“Excuse us,” Wyatt muttered, and put a hand on my shoulder, turning me away from Gavin.

“He’s lying,” I whispered. “Right?” I wasn’t sure. He seemed pretty convincing to me.

Wyatt nodded, “I don’t think we’re gonna get anything else out of him, though. We need to keep an eye on him.”

“Hey, freaks!” Gavin called.

The two of us turned back to him.

“I didn’t frame your little friend either. But…I’ll try and see what I can do.”

Wyatt and I looked at each other again.

“Deal,” the two of us said.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

He's gonna help? More people joining the little detective club.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Check out my RPs! the 39 clues, Vespers RP. Children of Bigfoot RP, Limited Spots

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I'm suspicious... but for now he gets the benefit of the doubt. 

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Amber-

Not necessarily joining their team, but he claims he'll help

Bracha-

Yep...

Chapter Six

Earplugs

The ball – or dance, if you wanted to go by Ava – was tonight. I was nervous. I didn’t like big parties. There was always loud music and a bunch of people dancing and talking, which only contributed to the noise.

Ava said that she’d help me get ready since she didn’t have to worry about getting herself ready. She tried to put me in an itchy yellow dress, which I immediately objected to. I could not do anything itchy.

You know that saying that people say, “Beauty hurts”? I don’t understand that saying. If something is anywhere remotely uncomfortable on me, I don’t wear it. And anyhow, that’s like saying that someone can’t look nice unless they’re uncomfortable.

Anyway, Ava then opted in a blue dress that was really soft, but still managed to look appropriate for a “ball”.

Ava insisted that I let her do my makeup. I’d never worn makeup before and honestly, had no desire to. I didn’t have anything against girls who did – like Ava – but I personally didn’t want to wear it myself. I didn’t like the feel of it. It made me feel uncomfortable, so I didn’t wear it. She seemed to really want me to, so I let her do a little bit.

“You’re good at this,” I said as she was putting the powdery stuff off my cheeks.

“Thanks.”

“Did your mom teach you how to do this?”

Ava scoffed, “Why would she? It’s not like she ever had time for me.”

Whenever Ava talked like this about her mom, I desperately wanted to ask why she hated her mom so much. I’d give anything to have my mom back. She died in a fire when I was ten and I wished she were still here. Maybe then I wouldn’t be at Grapevine.

Ava had told me on more than one occasion that she didn’t want to talk about it, so I didn’t ask.

“There,” Ava said when she’d finished. She put a mirror in front of my face and said, “Don’t you look pretty now?”

I looked at the reflection. I didn’t really look that different from normal. My eyelashes were more defined, my cheeks were slightly pink, and my lips were shiny, but that’s about it. I shrugged.

“I look the same as before,” I said.

Ava nodded, “You said you didn’t want it to be crazy, so I didn’t do that.” Ava looked in the mirror at her own reflection, “If I want people to know I’m wearing makeup, I have to wear bright colors. Pastels just won’t do anything.”

I looked at Ava. I guessed she was right. Ava was dark skinned with frizzy, curly hair. I’d heard that light makeup didn’t work for black girls.

I stood up and put the ear plugs in and made sure my hair covered them. I didn’t want the noise to be an issue at the dance, but I also didn’t want to look like a freak with bright green ear-plugs in my ears.

“Why do you always wear those?” Ava asked.

I looked at her again and shrugged, “I don’t like loud noises. These help muffle out the sounds.”

Ava nodded, “I guess that makes sense.” She sat down on her bed and sighed, “I still wish I could go.”

“I wish you could go instead of me,” I blurted.

Honestly, the whole reason I was even going was that Wyatt and I were going to see if we could find out anymore at the dance. We both agreed that had it not been for figuring this out, we wouldn’t have gone. Although, Ava probably would have dragged me along with her anyways.

Ava reached up and fixed the little strand of hair that was pinned back. I tried not to recoil. I didn’t like to be touched unexpectedly.

“You’ll be fine,” Ava said.

Somehow, I didn’t think that to be true.

Since everyone was already in the auditorium, there wasn’t any trouble to walk through the halls. It was actually nice, and peaceful. I know a lot of people would find this level of quietness in and school hallway unnerving, but not me. I wished the halls could be this empty and quiet all the time.

I found Wyatt sitting outside the auditorium, looking down at the rubber ball and squeezing it. He wasn’t in anything too fancy. He was wearing a light blue shirt with some dress pants, and it looked like he’d tried to tame down his shaggy brown hair with his hands. Like, he didn’t look like a royal prince that had just stepped out of a fairytale is what I’m saying.

I didn’t mind though, I was actually relieved that he didn’t wear anything too fancy.

Wyatt stood up when he spotted me, “You look pretty.”

I wasn’t sure how to take that, so I just nodded, looking straight over his shoulder.

“Should we go inside?” I asked, not really wanting to hear the answer.

The number of people dancing in there was way too many for my comfort. They were all dancing to music from the nineteen-eighties, and they were packed in like sardines. I couldn’t figure out how any of them still managed to move.

“We probably should,” Wyatt said, staring straight ahead, and not making any effort to go inside.

“Yeah,” I breathed, not moving, save for the fidgeting I was doing with my hands.

“You know what?” Wyatt finally said, turning to me. “If the whole point of coming to this stupid dance was to discuss more possible suspects, then we could just do it outside. Everyone’s in there and won’t notice if we aren’t.”

I sighed, relieved. I was glad he didn’t want to go in there either. And fresh air seemed like a good idea.

<><><>

Mom was the one who suggested the earplugs, back before the fire, back when I was nine.

We’d stopped going to watch movies at the theater because I’d always end up in the bathroom because of the volume level of the movie. But, there was this movie was coming out that Akimi desperately wanted to see.

I’d been hesitant to say yes when Mom and Dad asked me if I was okay to go. Even after seeing how much Akimi wanted to go, I was still hesitant.

Mom had knocked on my door later that day. “I know how much the volume level bothers you, but I also know how much your sister wants to see that movie.”

I took a deep breath, knowing what was coming next.

“That’s why I brought you something,” Mom said.

I’d looked at her curiously.

Mom took out a small, rectangular, clear plastic case out of her pocket. In that case, were two pairs of green, silicone, corded earplugs.

“If you wore these whenever we went to the movies, it might block out the noise.”

I eyed the earplugs wearily. “What if they don’t work.”

“We’ll give it a trial run,” Mom told me. “If they don’t end up working out today, then we’ll figure something else out.”

I’ve had those earplugs ever since. I was glad they were reusable and that I could just wash them in the sink when I was done with them for the day.

Dad wasn’t as good with helping with things like that. He got too flustered and frustrated when I was nervous.

Maybe that’s the reason he sent me away.

<><><>

I’d never been outside of the school at night. In fact, I was hardly ever outside the school. It was kind of one of the unspoken rules the teachers and administrators had for the students here.

Wyatt sat on one of the rocks near the lake and motioned for me to sit on a rock near him. I walked over, sat down, and took the earplugs out, seeing as it wasn’t loud enough out here to be uncomfortable. Wyatt stared at me as I put the earplugs in the little plastic case I kept them in.

“What?” I asked.

“Do you always wear those?” He asked.

I nodded, “Loud noises make me…uncomfortable.”

More like loud noises made me want to immediately curl up in a ball and die, but that sounded weirder than just uncomfortable.

He didn’t say anything like why or that’s weird. He just nodded and looked out at the lake.

“So, Rory,” Wyatt started. “What’s your deal? I mean, you didn’t say that you had social anxiety when I told you about it, but I’ve seen the way you act around people, and you don’t exactly act like Ava.”

I blinked. “I don’t have social anxiety,” I said. “I’m just…different, I guess? I don’t really know. I just know that certain things bother me that don’t bother other people.”

Wyatt was silent for a moment, and I went back to fidgeting with my hands.

After a moment, he said, “Have you considered…” he trailed off, looking over my shoulder at something behind me.

“What?”

I looked back and saw Gavin Gallagher carefully opening the door to the administration building and slipping inside.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Hm... Now that I think about it, Rory, (sorry, but that sounds like a guys name) sounds kinda like a friend called Liesl. only, I'm pretty sure Liesl is homeschooled, and both her parents are pretty good. I'm still interested. When I get hooked on a story, I don't close it until it comes up with something that hits me in the face and makes me uncomfortable. like swearwords.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

adeptart76

Wow, you honestly have a very unique way of narrating your story I find it very captivating. 

• Posted at:

Coming from me to you, sending good vibes along the cost.

Author to the heart.

A book is a dream that you hold in your hands.

Front sm

agentclue77

Amber-

Interesting. Same here, although...I’ll usually DNF a book if it starts to make me uncomfortable

AA76-

Thanks!

LISTEN UP READERS:

I will now have a posting schedule for this story. I will be updating it twice a week, every Monday and Thursday, so the next chapter will be posted on Monday. Thanks for understanding.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

I know this is a stupid question, but... What is DNF?

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

agentclue77

Amber-

DNF stands for Did Not Finish. So, when I “DNF” a book, it means I didn’t finish it, and more likely than not, don’t intend to finish it

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Oh, Okay! Thanks!

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I think that was my favorite chapter so far.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Amber-

Bracha-

Thanks!

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Chapter Seven

Footage

“That little sneak!” Wyatt hissed. “‘I had nothing to do with it’? Fat chance,” Wyatt scoffed.

“We should follow him,” I said, breathing hard. It wasn’t that I was mad or anything like that, I just didn’t like the fact that we’d messed up.

Wyatt and I ran over to the administration building. It made me nervous. I’d only been in it my first day. It was a dark looming brick building that was built like a tombstone, with ivy crawling up the sides. Ava took a picture of it once, lighting so that it perfectly captured the feeling of being here.

Wyatt had already moved to the door that Gavin had left ajar and was motioning me to follow him. I took a deep breath, walked to the slightly open door, and slipped inside.

It was dark. So dark that I could barely see my hand if it wasn’t right in front of my face. Then, a bright light appeared next to me, and I looked over to see that Wyatt had turned on the flashlight on his phone.

We walked further down the dark hallway and found Gavin in Vice Principal Dickers’ office. His face was up by one of the computer screens, his eyes scanning over something.

Wyatt turned off the flashlight on his phone and put it away. “I’m going in,” he said. “You wanna follow me, or stay in here?”

“I’ll go with you,” I said.

Wyatt carefully turned the doorknob and slowly opened the door. It let out a loud squeak and I quickly put my hands over my ears and ducked down. I tugged on Wyatt’s hand and he crouched down next to me.

“Who’s there?” Gavin asked.

Neither of us answered.

“I know someone’s there,” Gavin said.

We still didn’t answer.

I heard footsteps and I held my breath, hoping that Gavin wouldn’t find us. I was already fidgeting, knowing I probably shouldn’t move, but not being able to stop myself.

“Well, well, well,” Gavin said. “It’s the freaks.”

Wyatt didn’t say anything. I looked up but didn’t meet Gavin’s eyes.

“This looks bad, doesn’t it?” Gavin asked, playing with his dirty rat tail that he tries to pass off as hair.

I nodded and glanced at Wyatt, who was looking down at the ball, breathing hard.

Gavin sighed, “You wanna come see what I was really looking at?”

I nodded again. I looked at Wyatt, who nodded his approval.

Gavin motioned for us to follow him in, and I straightened up from my spot where I was crouched on the floor. I know that I should’ve offered Wyatt a hand up, but I didn’t, not knowing if he wanted any form of physical contact. I hardly ever did.

Wyatt and I followed Gavin into the office, and over to whatever he was looking at on the monitors.

“I backed it up on this flash drive, and I was going to give it to you guys to check out, but then you two just walked right in with no warning,” he said.

“Sorry,” Wyatt muttered.

“I’ll just show you right now.” Gavin hit a few keys on the keyboard and the footage went back a little. Gavin stopped and hit play. “Pay attention.”

“Wait a minute,” I said, making Gavin pause the footage. “If that’s security footage, why aren’t you worried about Vice Principal Dickers finding you in here?”

Gavin waved a hand, “Ah, this isn’t anything new. He’ll see the footage of me in here, call me into his office, I’ll make up some lame excuse, and I’ll get another detention.” He shrugged, “I’m actually quite fond of it there.”

I couldn’t imagine anyone being fond of the detention room.

Gavin hit play on the video again. I watched the screen and saw black-and-white footage of a hooded figure start to enter the room. Then, right when the figure was reaching the desk, the footage glitched a little and suddenly, whoever it was had disappeared.

“Wait,” I said. “What happened?”

Wyatt pointed to the numbers at the top of the screen, “Check that out. The numbers jumped a few minutes.”

Gavin rewinded the footage again, and this time, I paid attention to the numbers. Wyatt was right, from the footage where the figure was there, and the footage where it disappeared, the numbers jumped five minutes ahead.

“Someone tampered with the footage,” I concluded.

Gavin nodded and hit the red X in the corner, closing the window. He handed me the flash drive and said, “Take it, see if you can figure anything else out.”

I took the flash drive and turned it over in my hands, fingering the smooth green part of it.

This was definitely a lead, but Wyatt and I still had a lot of investigating to do.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Sweet! I'd love to see- I mean read- what happens next!

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Cool! You're such a great writer!

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Alrighty, so this chapter hasn't been let through, so I'm going to attempt a two-parter, and see if that helps

Amber-

Your wish is granted!

Bracha-

Thanks

Chapter Eight

Teasing

The dance was still going on when Wyatt and I got back from talking to Gavin, and it still looked ridiculously crowded. Unfortunately, I hadn’t remembered to put my earplugs in on the way back, and the music was blaring. I covered my hands with my ears, trying to block out the noise.

Wyatt just watched me with my hands over my ears, until we got farther away from the auditorium when he said, “The music’s not as loud anymore.”

I slowly lowered my hands from my ears and muttered, “Thanks.”

“So, are you going to show the footage to Ava?” Wyatt asked.

I nodded, “Yeah. I want to look at it some more, though.”

Wyatt nodded too, “That’s probably a good idea.”

“Yeah.”

I glanced down at Wyatt’s hand. He was back to his usual silent-rubber-ball-squeezing self. I wasn’t complaining – I wasn’t in a big conversation mood either.

When we finally got to my dorm, Wyatt stuffed his hands in his pockets and smiled sheepishly, “I hope that Vice Principal Dickers doesn’t find me over here. Boys aren’t supposed to be in the Girl’s wing of the school.”

“He’s in the auditorium anyway,” I said. “You don’t have to worry about him right now.”

Wyatt nodded, “I guess.”

We stood there a while, just kind of glancing at our shoes then at each other. I’ll admit this: he was aesthetically pleasing, you can’t deny that. His eyes were a nice shade of blue, and I liked how his hair never really seemed to stay tamed.

I heard the door open a crack and then all the way.

“Thanks for returning Rory to me safely,” Ava joked.

Wyatt’s face turned pink and he just nodded. I looked down and kept my eyes trained on my shoes like we were caught doing something we shouldn’t.

I started to walk back into the room and glanced back at Wyatt, he waved slightly to me, and I waved slightly back.

When I got back in the room, Ava closed the door and asked, smirking, “So, what’d you guys do?”

I didn’t want to tell her about the investigation tonight, and what we’d found out because I didn’t want her to ask too many questions that I didn’t have the answers to.

I just shrugged and sat on my bed, “We talked.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Nice. 

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Awww they're cute!

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Amber-

Thanks

Bracha-

Ye

Okay, since the second part will literally not go through (it isn't even at all inappropriate so idk???) here's a little summary on what happens:

Ava starts to tease Rory about liking Wyatt, with Rory continuously denying Ava's claims. Eventually, growing more and more uncomfortable, Rory buries herself under the blanket, in the hopes that it'll get Ava to stop. After Ava stops, this conversation happens:

“Which time were you being honest?” I asked.

Ava turned around, “What?”

“When you first saw me with Wyatt, you were mad. Now you’re teasing me that I like him as if you were totally okay with it. Which time were you being honest?”

Ava sighed, “Oh.” She bit her lip, “To be honest, I’m still not a huge fan of your friendship with him.” Ava raised her hands up in mock surrender, “But, hey, I can’t pick and choose your friends for you.”

“Well, what’s wrong with him?” I asked.

Ava scoffed, “He’s too…weird. Odd. I don’t know.”

I may not have liked Wyatt like that, but I didn’t really like Ava talking about him like that. All of what has been said about him is so far untrue.

“I’m weird,” I said, defending my new friend.

“You know what I mean,” Ava said.

“I-” I started, but I stopped, not really knowing what I’d say. “Maybe he’s not as weird as everyone makes him out to be,” I said, and left it at that.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Wow! Wonderful!

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

agentclue77

Amber-

Thanks!

Chapter Nine

Notes

Classes the next day were pretty much like every other day, which is how I liked it.

Change never settled well with me. I remember when I was five, and Dad tried a new route to school. I just about had a meltdown. You could agree with my father and say that I was just being overdramatic. Maybe I was. But…I had a somewhat valid reason for acting like that.

I had one class with Wyatt: science. Science class was my favorite class, and I always participated – that never seemed to be a problem for me.

Wyatt obviously felt different. He always sat at the desk in the back corner, staring straight ahead, eyes glazed over, playing with the rubber ball, only looking down during the tests.

During science class today, I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I jumped. Random spurts of touching again. I looked back, and Riley Cunningham handed me a note. Riley motioned her head towards Wyatt, who was continuing to stare ahead like he didn’t just write a note, and smirked at me.

I hesitantly took the scrap of paper and unfolded it. There were only to words scrawled in messy handwriting on it:

Evangeline Summers

I looked back at Wyatt and he briefly caught my eye and held it. I nodded. He nodded as well and went back to zoning out.

()()()

“Evangeline Summers?” I asked Wyatt that day in the alcove during free period.

He nodded, “Yeah, doesn’t it make sense?”

Evangeline Summers. Technically she should be in seventh grade with us, but has so many advanced and upper classes, no one really knows what grade she’s really in. The smartest girl in school, but also the most mysterious.

Like Wyatt, she didn’t have any friends and was always by herself. Unlike Wyatt, people had tried to make friends with her, she was always just quite rude to them. So no one really knows anything about her.

She had also gained the reputation of being a know-it-all.

“I don’t know,” I said. “The only indicator is that she’s always alone. If we were going that route, then I could say that you were the criminal.”

Wyatt stared at me, not saying anything. Had I hit a sore spot? I wasn’t sure. I wasn’t the best at reading people.

“I didn’t mean that in a bad way,” I blurted, hoping my hypothesis of hitting the sore spot was right, so my apology made sense. “I was just…stating a fact.”

Wyatt looked down and nodded.

“Can I ask you something?”

Wyatt looked up at me, nodding again.

“What triggered the social anxiety? I mean, it isn’t something you were born with.” I looked down at my hands now, “What started it all?”

Wyatt blinked and sighed, “There were some problems with my family about a year before I got here.”

He didn’t say any more. I didn’t press on.

“Anyway,” he said, changing the subject. “I think I know where we can find Evangeline.”

()()()

Problems with family. I’ve had my fair share of those. Mom dying in the fire. Akimi being sent to that one mental institute.

I don’t think any of those things triggered my set of issues like whatever happened with Wyatt’s family did his.

Probably because my issues were different.

Very different.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Amazing. If my brother was at that school, he's probably be alone, too. But he'd react when music came on. He reacts better to music than humans. But this is awesome!

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Wow. That was very good. 

• Posted at:

Bracha

Front sm

agentclue77

Amber-

Thanks!

Bracha-

Thank you!

Chapter Ten

Evangeline Summers

Evangeline was in the library, pouring over homework as usual. I took a good look at her Biology textbook. Even though we were technically studying life-science this year, we weren’t going to be getting an actual biology book until ninth grade.

Neither Wyatt nor I were saying anything. We were just standing there, in front of Evangeline, Wyatt squeezing the rubber ball, me swaying slightly back-and-forth.

Evangeline looked up, her dark pigtails shifting on her shoulders. “Can I help you?”

She said it rather loudly, earning us a shh! from the librarian. I flinched. Mrs. Magnon, the librarian, was scary. She was an older lady, and always glared at you.

She kind of reminded me of the librarian in that one Pixar movie, Monsters University, the one that literally threw kids out of the library if they were being too loud, grabbing them by one slimy tentacle and throwing them out the window. Mrs. Magnon didn’t have long, slimy tentacles or throw you out a window, but she was still pretty scary.

Evangeline turned pink and lowered her voice, “What do you two want?”

I looked over at Wyatt, who was looking down at the rubber ball.

“Do you know anything about the break-in in Vice Principal Dickers’ office?” I asked Evangeline, doing my best to look her in the eyes this time. It was difficult, my eyes kept flicking to looking over her shoulder.

Evangeline stared, blinked once, then rolled her eyes at me. I didn’t understand that. Why did people roll their eyes as a gesture of annoyance?

“Is that what this is about?” She asked. “That stupid little break-in? You’d really think that I’d do something like that?”

I wanted to tell her that I never thought that, Wyatt did. But I didn’t say that.

“If anything,” Evangeline kept talking, “I’d put my money on Gavin Gallagher. That boy’s a colossal mess. I wouldn’t put it past him to go as far as stealing too.”

I shifted uncomfortably. I really didn’t think Gavin did it. If anything, he told us he didn’t. That was proof enough for me.

Evangeline glanced at Wyatt then motioned for me to come closer. I leaned forward.

“Why is he here?” Evangeline asked.

There it was again, the prejudice against Wyatt. I didn’t understand why people were so quick to judge him. I mean, sure I had kind of kept my distance from him before he became my friend, but I’d kept my distance from just about anybody that wasn’t Ava. Wyatt was actually really nice, and I wasn’t sure what I thought about others being so quick to judge him when they didn’t even know him.

“He said he’d help,” I said simply.

“Help on what?” She asked. “Help on your little investigation?”

I didn’t say anything, I just nodded.

“Look, Aurora.”

I felt weird hearing her use my real name. I was never a huge fan of Aurora, so I shortened it to Rory.

Evangeline continued, “You should just cut the investigation right now. I wouldn’t want to see you get into trouble. And we all know that Vice Principal Dickers will get you in trouble if he catches wind of this.”

Wyatt grabbed my arm but quickly let go when I flinched, “Rory will be just fine, we’ll be leaving now.”

Evangeline’s eyes widened at being directly addressed by Wyatt. “Fine,” she said. “I didn’t ask you guys to come here and interrupt my studying anyway.”

Wyatt led me out of the library, and away from Evangeline’s glare.

“Sorry for touching you unexpectedly like that,” he said. “You just looked like you wanted to get the heck out of there.”

I shrugged, “It’s okay.”

Wyatt smiled at me, and I gave a small smile back. He didn’t smile very often, but I had to admit, I kind of liked his smile.

“So, what are we going to do with Evangeline?” I asked.

Wyatt shrugged, “She was no help at all. All she did was get annoyed at us for interrupting her precious “study time”. How much time does she need anyway, that’s all she does.”

I shrugged again, “So…?”

“I don’t think we should cross her off the list just yet,” Wyatt said, “but we should focus on reviewing that footage Gavin gave us.”

I thought that was a good plan.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Great! Aww man. Now I want my sister in there complaining as well. I spend wayyyyy too much time with my family. I need to get out more. This is awesome!

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Front sm

horseswimming72

Branch: Tomas

You never know, those you think are weirdos could be genius's in disguise!

• Posted at:

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Huh. I think there's something fishy about Evangeline.

• Posted at:

Bracha

1 ,