Front sm

cloudart142

Branch: Lucian

So I’ve been thinking and I know lots ask about favorite books so why don’t we twist things up? I am entirely-100% curios about this. Like one of the only books that I kinda hated (I’m not that picky) was Fault in the Stars-the plot was good just how John Greene wrote it-ugh. So what are your guys all time worst reads ever? Doesn’t matter if they are popular or not. Go ahead and reply-don’t be shy! 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Hellooooooooooooo!

I’m a

Dreamer

Book- lover

Soccer Player

Artist 

And Music Listener 

Nice to Meet You,

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Honestly? My little sisters that she wrote. I don't read many books because all the books I have found I'm not interested in, or I read them too fast.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm from the 39 clues website!

Forum Twins: Fiona and Raven

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Check out my RPs! the 39 clues, Vespers RP. Children of Bigfoot RP, Limited Spots

leave a message at the beep, unless it's bad news BEEP

Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

It’s ridiculous how many I have for this...

I’ll say my least favorite (with a full length review about why):

REBECCA by Daphne DuMarier

REVIEW:

Alright, so I was recommended this SO MANY TIMES by more than one family member, so naturally, I wanted to like it. Did I? No.

I’ll admit, as soon as I saw “TALE OF ROMANTIC SUSPENSE” I was turned off. I don’t typically read romance novels - actually, scratch that, I don’t ever read romance novels - but I thought, ‘you know what? Just give it a shot’.

Let’s just start off with the most annoying problem, the main character doesn’t even HAVE A NAME. You might be wondering, ‘Well, what’s the point of that?’ I’m wondering the same thing, my friend. So, we’ll just call her Tiffany, on board with that?

Tiffany was basically everything that I hate about YA female characters. Whiny, childish, and immature. When the 11-12-year-old characters that I read about in MG fiction act more mature than a grown woman, you know you have issues.

I really did go into this with the intention to like Tiffany, but she just insisted on being the human embodiment of unseasoned chicken.

Okay, now into the relationship problems.

Tiffany and Maxim (who I was picturing like Maksim Chmerkovskiy from DWTS, idk why) knew each other for a few days, and Tiffany is just like: I LOVE HIM OMG BUT HE DOESN’T LOVE ME HE LOVES REBECCA, and I just got annoyed with that.

I like some romance (to an extent) but when you fall in love faster than it takes me to eat a medium pizza (which is pretty fast, by the way) it starts to get annoying.

Maxim is also like, low-key manipulative, not gonna lie. He’s also a pedophile...WE JUST LOVE A ROMANCE LIKE THAT, DON’T WE? Like, Tiffany is maybe 21? And Maxim is probably between 42-45? Am I allowed to call the cops yet?

Oh yeah! We find out a little over halfway through the book that Maxim was the one who MURDERED Rebecca because he didn’t love her. And yes, okay, Rebecca did cheat, which I will never support, but I also do not think that murder was the answer. I will say it louder for the people in the back: MURDER IS NOT THE ANSWER. EVER.

And what does Tiffany do? Be a rational human and say, “He murdered her, he might murder me too. I should probably get out of this relationship.”? No, she goes: HE DIDN’T LOVE HER BECAUSE HE LOVES ME!!! YAY! And then they make out because you know, CUTE.

The writing style was also really boring and way too descriptive, but I’m trying to be very lenient about that because it WAS written in the 30’s so writing style was different than now, so...

Now, I will say it again...you are allowed to have you’re own opinions on something, I’m not going to be the one to tell you what you can and cannot have an opinion on. That being said, everything I’ve listed here, was factual, they really did happen within this story.

So, you are allowed to form your own opinions, but not your own facts. You aren’t allowed to tell me, “BUT HE DIDN’T MURDER HER,” because it LITERALLY says that he did in the book.

Anyways, uh, thanks for coming to my REBECCA rant.

Up there with REBECCA are (which I will be including brief reasons for)

-ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins

(cheating based romance, slut-shaming, girl hate, etc.)

-ELEANOR AND PARK by Rainbow Rowell

(cheesy as heck)

-THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green

(romanticizes cancer)

-REPLICA by Lauren Oliver

(body shaming, love triangles, insta-love, etc.)

-THE DEATH CURE by James Dashner

(horrible wrap-up to a series)

-THE KILL ORDER by James Dashner

(has literally nothing to do with TMR, super boring)

-DAY OF DOOM by David Baldacci

(do I even need to explain myself with this one?)

-TAKEOFFS AND LANDINGS by Margaret Peterson Haddix

(ridiculously angsty, really boring)

-THE SUMMER OF BROKEN THINGS by Margaret Peterson Haddix

(boring, angsty, mild slut-shaming, girl hate, etc.)

Mods please let this through!

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Don't you forget about me

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

Magyk worst book I've ever read! And I mean ever it was so bad it put me off reading any books associated  with it. 

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2

(29) Nickname: Rad

7898 Even without hope  the light still burns!

the church of Rad

Another nickname: Ramen Noodles 

Front sm

dragonbook402

I didn't really like The Mark of Athena, idk why but it didn't capture my interest. Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton wass horrible for me because 1. I disagreed on a few things and 2. The story was just dragging and had too much conversations.

I didn't like The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I was disappointed because I was so excited to read it, but when I did, I found the story boring. In the middle of the book, it was still plain, barely the climactic action. So, same as Seeker, the story was just dragging along.

• Posted at:

Mname is

BIANCA

MIRACULOUFAN!

I am a person living in this world.

"She's just a friend"- Adrien Agreste

Front sm

dancingspaghetti45

Branch: Janus

It was called The Skeleton Man. It looked and sounded cool, but when I read it the whole plot and characters were mixed up and messy.. It was one of the worst reads for me..

• Posted at:

"Don't let anyone treat you like a yellow starburst. You are a pink starburst!" 

Heyo! The name's, Sami, but my friends call me,

-Sam-I-Lamb

-Weird-oh

-Queen of Distractions

-Chicken Princess

~ Otaku O-O, Artist, Writer, and professional weird-oh! ~

Front sm

ketchuppenguin20

Uhhhh

probably

Throne of Glass by author i can't even remember the name of

Hhhhhhh

Celaena was vain (I'm vain too but), very vain. Like, spend 5 minutes just looking at yourself in the mirror, admiring your body and how beautiful you are.

She was constantly trying to get under EVERYONE'S skin... which was very annoyinggggggggg ("omg guard dude plz stab her now")

I didn't like the prince

i didn't like how much time we spent just riding the horse to the place

I didn't like that she was an assassin and didn't DO anything (IF YOU ADVERTISE THE BOOK AS THE MAIN CHARACTER IS THE MOST FEARED ASSASSIN IN THE LAND, PLEASE, MAKE THEM DO SOMETHING)

weird reasons,

but long story short

i didn't like it.

• Posted at:

KNIGHT

KETCHUP

x

ROGUE

DARK RED

winners aren't always right

i'm living a nightmare

i can't wake up

i can't open my eyes

DON't LEAVE ME

Come bacK

i

don't

understand

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Dandelion wine. I never finished it. 

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Life's tough. I'm tougher.

I wish  all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

writerbookworm21

Ok, I have a couple.

1. The Fault in Our Stars - cheesy, predictable, unrealistic characters, hated the writing style, and really? the whole kissing scene in Anne Frank's Secret Annex had me SO angry.

2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy - I had a lot of people say really good things about this one, it's a classic, I usually like classics, but this was way longer than it needs to be and (SPOILER) The title character dies and there's STILL two hundred pages of nothing afterwards.

3. The Pearl by John Steinbeck - read it for English, I'm not a fan of Steinbeck's writing style/long descriptions of the scenery to begin with/lack of strong female characters to begin with, but this one just has a terrible ending and basically everything goes back to the same as the beginning except (SPOILER) the one character that dies is the baby -_- 

4. Lolita by Nabokov - talk about creepy, main character is a pedophile and the whole book is about his relationship with a 12 year old girl

• Posted at:

Veronica bookworm Titaniac Swiftie

I've had the time of my life fighting dragons with you.

~Long Live (Taylor Swift)

Front sm

warriorcat609

Branch: Janus

hhhhhhhhhh

A Series Of Unfortunate Events

I’m sorry

I just love happy endings and I can’t help but to feel so sad whenever I read it.

• Posted at:

ᴛoffee

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴʀᴏʟʟ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴋᴏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ

ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴠᴇ sʜɪᴘᴘᴇʀ & ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴏғ ʙᴏʙᴀ

ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏғ ʙʜ/ᴅʙ

ᴊᴀᴅᴇ, ɪғ ɪ’ᴍ ᴀ ᴡᴀʟɴᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʟᴍᴏɴᴅ.”

”I’M A WALNUT WITH PASSION.”

Marine’s a Banan

Spoopy Child

Front sm

lonewolf2286

Ok I actually have something for people to read. I wrote it myself, and it's shown in the link below:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v_P2Bs5NryNP0La2xq_aoAArYvGYEGjoTJdj6_UMVDs/edit

If you think it's trash OR if you think it's good, comment on the document.

• Posted at:

Orion, at your service (though some call me Oreo.).

Master of the Skies

Bookworm

Star Wars and Harry Potter Lover

Son of Poseidon

Swordmaster

Author

Musician

Singer

History Nerd

Gryffindor Seeker

Jedi Master

Diehard Christian

The list is endless...

Front sm

cloudart142

The @warriorcat609/Toffee: I totally agree with the series of unfortunate events (I only read the first 3) but I just hated the writing style, it was so boring. And it ended up getting predictable on what would happen to the guardians. 

@wroterbookworm21/Veronica: I totally agree with the Fault in the Stars! The writing style to me was awful! And I think one of the downers was how everyone reacted to it being such a great book and movie. The writing was terrible. The movie to me wasn’t as great either. (Aw man that rant felt good- it was one of the recommended summer reading books I had for school) 

• Posted at:

Hellooooooooooooo!

I’m a

Dreamer

Book- lover

Soccer Player

Artist 

And Music Listener 

Nice to Meet You,

Front sm

magicelf327

I love most books to be honest. But I would say that my least favorite is Fancy Nancy. My little sister reads it all the time out loud, and it is SO anoying!!!

• Posted at: