Any good?

Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

Ignore the other one, I messed up on the poll

Anyway...hello few fans of this series! You may remember this thread from a few months ago, but now it’s back with never before read scenes!

SYNOPSIS

After THE ASTRONOMER, THE WRITER, AND THE MATHEMATICIAN, you don’t really hear much about the beloved characters and their lives. Now they’re back as you follow their story through high school and beyond.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Don't you forget about me

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

Yaaay! I am honored to be one of the few fans.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Life's tough. I'm tougher.

I wish  all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thank you

Okay, Mods...you haven’t been letting this through, so I ask...please, please, please let this through!

Summer
August

Elliot Gillespie

Astronaut Vlog: Tuesday, Pool
Hands down, the hottest day of summer vacation so far. It was a steaming one-hundred and five degrees. Yeah, it was hot.

Because of the ridiculous weather, Allison offered to drive Marty, Nina, and me to the pool that was in the apartment thing. We happily agreed.

Luckily, it was pretty empty when we got there – only like, two other people. But, one of those other people was…

“Hi, Elliot.” Rhiannon.

I turned around and I felt my face turning bright red. Rhiannon was standing there in a pink bikini, smiling at me. Ask me why I got so weird about seeing a girl in a freaking bathing suit, I don’t know, but I did.

“H-hey Rhiannon,” I said. “What are you doing here?”

“I live here,” Rhiannon replied, stepping closer to me. “What about you?”

I pointed to Allison, “My sister lives here.”

I felt a hand on my shoulder and a second later, Marty was next to me, grinning at Rhiannon.

“Hey, Rhiannon. Wow, you look great.”

Rhiannon smiled, “Thanks.”

That got the two of them talking, so I went to go find Allison and Nina. I found them by some of the chairs, Allison tying her hair up, and Nina putting the dress she was wearing over her swimsuit on a chair.

I got weird about Rhiannon, but I got super weird when I saw Nina. There wasn’t really any differences in what they were wearing other than the fact that Nina’s was red instead of pink, so I’m not sure why my face burned even hotter with Nina, but it did, and I desperately tried to avert my eyes before she caught me staring.

I didn’t look away fast enough because Nina looked over at me and grinned, before waving me over.

I walked over to where her and Allison were, and waved slightly.

“What do you think?” Nina asked me.

“Think of…think of what?”

She gave me a little push - you know, the ones that Marty always told me girls did to flirt. “You know what I mean. I mean, I obviously didn’t wear this for everyone else, but it’d still be nice to get some feedback.”

“You look nice, Nina,” Allison told her. She looked at me, “Right, Elliot?”

“Uh, yeah, you look good. Just…a little different, that’s all,” I said to Nina.

Nina looked down at herself, then back up at me, “Yeah, trying something new.”

“Well, it works for you.” Did I just say that?

I’m literally just complimenting one of my best friends, why am I so weird about it?

Well, Nina wasn’t just one of my best friends. I mean, she wasn’t my girlfriend, but we had uh…kissed a few times earlier this year. We talked about it though, we weren’t going to be dating until we were ready.

That didn’t mean that my feelings had just gone away.

Nina put a hand on my face, sending shivers through my body, “Are you okay? You look like a fire hydrant.”

I nodded, “Everything’s fine.”

She smiled and went over to jump in the pool.

I stared after her, trying to figure out what the heck I was feeling, when I felt Allison right next to me.

“How you doing there, El?” She asked me, and I could practically feel her smirking.

I buried my face in my hands and groaned, “I feel weird.”

Allison laughed, “Yeah, feelings are weird at this age. Don’t worry, it gets harder.”

I looked at her, “Really?”

She shook her head and laughed again, “I’m kidding. You’ll figure it out.” She put a hand on my back and pushed me forward a little, “Now, go have some fun.”

Rhiannon had left, so Marty motioned for me to get in the pool. I wasn’t a fan of jumping in, so I just walked in from the stairs, grabbing onto the rail.

“So,” Marty said when I finally swam over to him. “Nina looks hot.”

I nodded unconsciously, “Yeah.”

Marty nudged me and laughed, “You looked like you’d just seen the most shocking thing of your life when you saw her in that bikini.”

I turned to Marty, “Did not!”

Marty laughed again, “Did too!” He started to swim over to where Nina was, and motioned for me to do the same, “She’s probably wondering why we haven’t gone over there.”

I followed him to the deep end, where Nina was trying to do some backflips, using the wall to help her.

As soon as Brett came down to get in the pool, he and Allison had the idea to play a ridiculous shark game, and I was dunked underwater by more than one person - Allison included.

“Picture time!” Allison announced after playing the stupid shark game. She took her phone out, and told us to sit at the edge of the pool for a picture.

The first picture was basically us with our arms around each other - me in the middle, Marty to my left, and Nina to my right. Right when Allison was going to take the second picture, I felt Nina’s lips on my cheek. So, in that picture, Nina’s kissing me on the cheek, I have a surprised expression on my face that’s the color of Nina’s swimsuit, and Marty still has the ridiculously photogenic smile on his face.

Overall though, it was actually a pretty nice way to spend the last weekend before starting high school.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

That was so funny! Elliot's adorable, he sounds really fun to write! 

• Posted at:

BRACHA

I wish  all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

He is! Definitely my favorite of this bunch to write!

Nina Drake

When Allison offered to take us to the pool at the apartment complex she lives in, we were all relieved. We’d been having a heat wave for the past week, and it was pretty clear that this was the hottest day, by far.

Allison drove us to the apartments and said she’d just had to go up to her room and change, then offered to bring us up to the room with her. I wanted to go since I’d never seen her room before. Elliot and Marty said that they’d already seen it, and headed to the pool together.

Allison’s apartment was nice and cozy, with lots of two things: pictures and candles.

I pointed to one of the pictures. One of Elliot and Allison when they were little kids, Elliot was maybe about two and Allison about twelve. Allison was wearing your typical I-want-to-look-nice-on-the-first-day-of-School outfits, with a book bag over her shoulder, and her blonde hair half picked up and half down. Elliot was standing right next to her, with a backpack and a Spider-Man lunchbox, wearing a big grin on his face.

“You like that one?” Allison asked me, startling me from behind.

I turned around and nodded, “Yeah. You guys were both so little.”

Allison smiled, “Yeah, that was the first day of seventh grade. El wanted to be just like his big sister.”

I grinned, “I can tell.”

Allison patted my back, “We should get downstairs, the boys are probably waiting for us.”

When we got downstairs, I saw Rhiannon talking to Elliot. I didn’t know Rhiannon lived in these apartments.

While Allison was tying her hair up, I took the cover-up off and placed on one of the lawn chairs. I looked up and saw Elliot staring at me, his face bright red. As soon as he caught me looking, he averted his eyes, still blushing. For a second, I couldn’t figure out why he was so embarrassed, then I realized that it was probably the swimsuit.

We’d gone swimming before, but this was the first time I’d worn a bikini to the pool. I didn’t see it as that big of a deal - it was just a swimsuit - but I could kind of see where Elliot was coming from.

I just waved him over and he walked over to where Allison and I were and waved slightly.

“What do you think?” I asked him, teasing his embarrassment just a little.

Elliot blinked, “Think of…think of what?”

I gave him a little push. I may or may not have been flirting with him with that little push. “You know what I mean. I mean, I obviously didn’t wear this for everyone else, but it’d still be nice to get some feedback.”

“You look nice, Nina,” Allison told me. She looked at Elliot, “Right, Elliot?”

“Uh, yeah, you look good. Just…a little different, that’s all,” He said to me.

I looked down at my bright red bikini, then back up at Elliot, “Yeah, trying something new.”

“Well, it works for you.” Elliot’s face, which was starting to return to its normal color, reddened once again.

I put a hand on his face, pretending not to understand why he was so embarrassed, “Are you okay? You look like a fire hydrant.”

He nodded, “Everything’s fine.”

I smiled and went over to jump in the pool.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Allison seems nice. 

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Certainly the intentions I was going for. 

September
Freshman Year

Elliot Gillespie

Astronaut Vlog: Monday, High School
I couldn’t believe it. The first day of high school was here. If anything, I was more nervous than I was excited, but Nina and Marty couldn’t stop babbling about it on the walk to Holmdale High.

“Can you believe it, Elliot?” Marty said. “High school. We’re going to the big kid’s school now.”

“Didn’t you say that when we were going into middle school?” Nina asked.

“Yeah, but this is different,” Marty said. “This is the last stop before the real world.”

“Not if we want to go to college,” I informed him.

“And,” Nina put in. “Just because we’re only fourteen, doesn’t mean that we haven’t faced the real world yet. We’ve faced problems that adults can face too. The only difference is that they have jobs and taxes and stuff.”

I liked that. I didn’t like people brushing off my feelings because I was young. I didn’t say anything, though, but I nodded.

“True, true,” Marty said. He looked at me, “Aren’t you excited, Elliot?”

I shook my head, “No. You know why? Because seniors exist.”

“They can’t be that bad,” Marty told me.

“Remember how we saw kindergarteners back when we were heading off to middle school? How do you think of sixth graders right now? That’s how we’re going to be to the seniors. Babies.”

“But I’m going to be too charming for them to hate me. The ladies won’t be able to resist me,” Marty said.

Nina gagged, and I rolled my eyes.

Walking up to Holmdale High, and seeing all the kids piling in for a day of classes, I told myself that maybe I should stop worrying. Maybe today would go fine.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I remember this from the old one, word for word, and even on repeat it's amazing.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thanks! Yes, that'll happen quite a bit in this one.

Also, the mods haven't been letting my update go through...

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Awww I'll be waiting, so the mods better shape up.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Okay, how about this...you can find that chapter in the original post for it, so just read that chapter there, and read the next chapter here.

Nina Drake

After our run-in with the seniors, we went to go find our lockers. That went fine. It was once the bell rang that things went haywire.

It didn’t start out so bad, though.

“I’ve heard the horror stories about class changing,” Elliot said.

A few kids ran by to get to their classes. Seriously?

“That wasn’t that bad,” I told Elliot.

A locker door opened and a kid about fifteen peeked his head out. “That was just the first drop,” he said.

“Before what?” Marty asked him.

The boy looked up, fear in his eyes, “Noah.” He retreated back into the locker.

Noah? What was he talking about?

A sea of kids flooded the halls, everyone going their own way, pushing this way and that. I lost track of Elliot and Marty in the flood. And I think someone pushed me because when it was all over, I was on the floor.

I took a look around and found Elliot sprawled out in front of the lockers, and Marty hanging onto the stair rail for dear life.

I really hoped high school would get better, or else it would be a miserable four years.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Ahh memories...

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Ah, yes

Marty Brewer

"How did today go, Kimmy?" Mom asked at the table that night.

Mom and Dad had taken us to grab some pizza for dinner, to celebrate the first day of school. I wasn't feeling it.

"It was a good day," Kimmy said, reaching for another slice of pepperoni pizza. "I got a really cool teacher - Mrs. Bracken - and then we did a cool About Me project, and then Kyle Mayhew talked to me."

I tried not to gag at the possibility of Kimmy thinking this Kyle kid was cute. I just sipped my Coke.

"Wow," Dad said. "Sounds like it was an eventful day."

Kimmy nodded, "It was."

Mom looked at me, "What about you Marty?"

I stopped sucking on my straw and said, "It wasn't a good day. I'm practically a kindergartener at this school, changing classes requires building Noah's Ark, and I'm no longer the smartest kid in math."

That last part of it had to be the worst one. I tried looking into joining the Mathlete club (I know, I know, dorky name) and when I got there, it was filled with Juniors and Seniors who were like Archimedes-level smart. In middle school, I surprised everyone with my knowledge of the Fibonacci sequence, here they knew how to do Putnam problems.

The Putnam problems were these ridiculously complicated word problems from a college math competition in 2008. Here's an example of one: The octagon P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 P7 P8 is inscribed in a circle, with the vertices around the circumference in the given order. Given that the polygon P1 P3 P5 P7 is a square of area 5, and the polygon P2 P4 P6 P8 is a rectangle of area four, find the maximum possible area of the octagon. See what I mean?

"Ah," Dad said, "you aren't owning high school, huh?"

I shook my head, "No."

"Look, Marty, high school sucks at the beginning for everyone," Dad said. "It's like taking a picture. It'll take a little while to get the angle and the lighting you want, but once you've got it, you've got something memorable."

I thought about it for a second. I guessed he was right. I just had to get used to it all.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Yikes this is freaking me out. I only have one more year till that's me. Is it really that bad?

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

I actually wouldn't know. I've been homeschooled for years, so I don't actually attend a public high school. I didn't visit one once...it wasn't a pleasant experience...but that might be because the mall isn't even a pleasant experience for me

Spring

Sophomore Year

Elliot Gillespie

Astronaut Vlog: Thursday, Nina’s News

There was loud knocking on my front door. I went to go open it, a soda bottle in my hand, and Nina was standing there, a paper in her hand, looking panicked.

“What happened?” I asked her.

“Can I come in?” Was all she said.

I nodded and stepped aside to let her in. She came in and sat down n my couch. I sat down next to her.

“Do you remember at the end of eighth grade, when I said that my dad had sent me a letter?” She asked me.

I nodded. “Did you end up sending one back?”

She nodded. “I did, I sent one just after we started ninth grade, and it took him forever to send me one back, so I just gave up on it, but now…he sent me one again, Elliot. He said he wants to meet up with me.”

“What’re you gonna do?” I asked her.

She shook her head, “I don’t know. I just, I needed to talk to someone about it. And I couldn’t tell my mom because I knew that if she found out that he wanted to meet me, she’d ban me from doing it.” Nina stared at the floor and then she turned to me, “I’m going to meet him, Elliot.”

“Have you set a place yet?”

She nodded, “I was thinking Jazz Brew Coffee. Also, could you and Marty be there? I kind of want him to meet you guys now.”

I nodded, “Of course. I’ll let Marty know.”

Nina smiled, and then wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into a hug. “Thank you,” she said.

I hugged her back, “What are friends for?”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Poor Nina. I like school, as long as we're not learning :) but I HATE the mall.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

I actually only liked public school while I was learning lol

Nina Drake

I sat on one of the couches in Jazz Brew Coffee, staring at the letter in my hand. It was happening. Four years later, we were actually seeing each other again.

I was equal parts excited and nervous. What would he tell me? What if he confirmed my thoughts that, yes, his leaving was my fault? I told myself not to think about that.

I squeezed Elliot’s hand and he looked at me. He gave me a quick reassuring smile.

That’s when he walked in. He was a little different than I remembered. The last time I saw him, his hair was short, and he had a beard. He was clean-shaven today, and his hair was to his shoulders.

Mom was in the café that day and she turned to him in surprise. “What are you doing here?”

“I came here to see someone,” he told her.

“And who might that be?” She asked him.

I stood up then, and walked forward, “Hi, Dad.”

My father turned to me and a smile spread across his face, “Nina. You-you’ve grown up. You’re fifteen now, right?”

I nodded. When he left, I had just turned eleven. I must’ve looked older to him.

He came forward and tried to hug me, but I put my arms up and he stopped. He looked almost hurt. I told myself not to care about that.

“You said you’d come to talk, not hug,” was all I responded.

“Well,” he said. “Let’s go talk.”

I nodded and motioned for him to follow me to the outdoor seating area. He sat down at one of the tables and I sat across from him.

We were silent a moment. Then, he said, “Those two boys you were sitting with your friends?”

I nodded, “You remember Marty and Elliot, right?”

My dad nodded, “Yes. You were holding hands with the blond one. Is he your boyfriend?”

I shook my head. Back in eighth grade, Elliot and I decided that we’d get together when we were ready. We still weren’t ready.

My dad nodded, “Okay, so no boyfriend, then.”

I hated that he was trying to make small talk. I just wanted an explanation, so, I asked, “Why’d you leave?”

He looked startled.

“Why’d you leave Mom and me?” I asked him. “Why were we not good enough?”

“Nina…” he said. “It’s not that you weren’t good enough. It’s just,” he bit his lip. “I needed a change.”

“A change from what?” I asked. “From Mom? From me?”

He shook his head, “No, Nina, you had nothing to do with it. I needed a change from just…everything.”

He needed a change from everything? Did that mean that he never really loved us?

We were silent another moment, then I said, “How’s your new family?”

“They’re good. I have a little son now,” he said.

I couldn’t believe it. He had gone and started a new family, had another kid, and he was there for them, but he wasn’t here for us.

I couldn’t do this anymore. I could already start to feel the lump form in my throat and the tears welling in my eyes. I couldn’t cry in front of this man.

I stood up from the table, “Thank you for meeting me.” I started to turn back into the café and then half turned around, “I-I hope you get home safely…” I didn’t wait for his response, I just walked back inside quickly.

Mom saw the tears streaming down my cheeks and she walked over to me, “How did it go?”

“He has a new family now,” I told her.

I sat down on one of the couches and Mom sat right next to me.

“You know,” I told her. “I had kind of this…vision on how this would go. Kind of like a fantasy. This is going to sound really stupid but…I kind of hoped that you two would get back together.”

Mom put an arm around me, “It’s not stupid, honey. There are times when I wish I could fall in love with him again, too. It’s just not something that’s going to happen, sweetie.”

I looked at her, “It’s okay though. I don’t need him. I’ve-I’ve lived four years without him.” My voice was breaking now. “I just don’t understand why his new family is more important than us.”

Now I was crying. I pulled Mom close into a hug and sobbed into her shoulder.

When I pulled away from Mom, Elliot came and sat down on my other side, and Marty and Kimmy came up from behind me.

“It’s going to be okay, Nina,” Kimmy told me.

I looked at her, took her hand, and managed a smile, “I sure hope so, kiddo.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Yikes... Reading it again and it still stings...

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yeah...mission accomplished

April
Sophomore Year

marty brewer

“What do you guys want to do now?” Elliot asked us.

The Breakfast Club had finished (which is some really old movie from the eighties), but my parents still weren’t home from taking Kimmy to go watch some play, and they had said that they didn’t want us to go to sleep until they got back home, which, statistically could be another forty-five minutes.

“What about Truth or Dare?” Nina suggested.

I smirked. I had an even better idea. “What about…Triple Dog Dare?”

“What’s that?” Elliot asked.

“It’s basically Truth or Dare, but without the truth part, so you have to do the dare,” I said.

Nina and Elliot exchanged a glance.

Nina shrugged, “Sure. What have we got to lose?”

Great.

“Elliot can go first,” I said, sparing Elliot of being the first victim.

Elliot thought about that for a second, then he said, “Marty, I triple dog dare you to...” He thought a little harder. “I triple dog dare you to wear whatever I pull out of mine and Nina’s bags.”

I tried not to laugh. That was the best he could come up with? I guessed I was playing with a rookie.

In case you’re wondering where I got this from, I played it at a party with Jason and Chad and Rhiannon. The stuff we came up with was crazy. I decided to spare my friends from that.

Elliot and Nina were rooting through the bags and they came back with what I could only classify as clothes. I couldn’t really make out any of it. Elliot shoved it into my arms, and they turned around.

I pulled out a blue sweatshirt with the solar system on it, and earth saying, "Wow, you guys have no life." Elliot probably thought it was hilarious.

I was seriously expecting something worse. Like having to wear one of Nina's bras and Elliot's pajama shorts or something.

I pulled the sweatshirt on and pulled out whatever they had next for me. I pulled out a skirt that was presumably Nina's, since - as far as I knew - Elliot didn't wear skirts. I slipped it on and examined myself in the mirror. On Nina, the skirt reached to just above her knee. Since I was much taller than her, it was a lot shorter than that on me.

Okay, this was already kind of embarrassing.

The next was something that wasn't even theirs, it was Kimmy's. Look, Kimmy was never one of those little girls that were obsessed with feather boas and tea parties and all that stuff, she was more into whatever Elliot and I were doing. But Aunt Trudy was so obsessed with having a little girl, that she bought her a bunch of stuff for Kimmy when she was like, six that she didn't even want - she tried flushing the Barbies down the toilet after watching some show with Elliot and me about how much certain toys can withstand.

Anyway, one of the things that Aunt Trudy bought for her was a princess outfit, complete with shoes and a tiara. And the shoes and the tiara are exactly what Elliot brought back to me. I put the pink tiara on my head and tried to slip the shoes onto my feet. But of course, they didn't fit, so I ended up sitting there like Cinderella's ugly stepsisters trying to squeeze the glass slipper on.

Elliot and Nina turned back around and burst out laughing. Hilarious.

"It's even better than I thought," Elliot managed between laughs.

Nina couldn't even manage to get words out between all her giggling.

"Ok," I said. "Ha-ha, very funny. Now, I get to go next."

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I would like to see that! I once made my brother wear a pink nightgown and a matching bow, but this sounds waaaay funnier!

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Lol! That sounds hilarious!

Nina Drake

Marty pointed to me next, “Nina, I triple dog dare you to…” He looked around the room, then fixated on the window, “Jump off that ledge I have outside my window into the pool.”

My eyes widened, “Are you crazy? I’m going to die if I jump off that thing, and if not, I’ll surely break something.”

Marty waved a hand, “No you won’t, I’ve done it plenty of times. Kimmy’s done it too.”

I bit my lip, then looked out the window. It seemed like an awfully long way down. “But I’m gonna get my clothes all wet.”

“Well,” Marty suggested, “you could always...you know.” He made vague gestures with his hands.

Oh god. I knew exactly what he was suggesting. “No! I can’t just strip in front of you two.”

Elliot looked from me to Mary with wide-eyes. "Are you serious?"

Marty shook his head and chuckled, “I was kidding.”

I looked back out the window, and debated my options. I could 1) jump out and have to be wearing wet clothes for the rest of the game or 2) go with Marty's suggestion.

I sighed, “Fine, but you two have to turn around.”

Elliot and Marty obeyed, turning their backs to me. Elliot was blushing so much, that even the tips of his ears had turned bright red. He was pretending to be real fascinated with the poster Marty had on his wall of Leonardo Fibonacci. Some fifteen-year-old guys had posters of girls in bikinis on their wall, Marty had a poster of his favorite mathematician.

Before I had time to think about it, I lowered my pants and stepped out of them. Then, I pulled my shirt up and over my head. I kept my bra and underwear on though - I had extras of those and there was no way I was taking any more off.

I opened the window and muttered, “I can’t believe I’m doing this.”

Then, I stepped out onto the ledge, praying that my mom didn't decide to check out the window of our own house at the moment. She’d never let me spend the night with the guys again if she saw me right now. I stepped a little closer to the edge, and leaped off the roof, hoping that I wouldn't miss the pool and be dashed to pieces at the bottom.

I hit the water with a splash, making sure to hold my breath so I wouldn’t choke and die from breathing in water.

I resurfaced and looked up to where I jumped from. Elliot and Marty were poking their heads out of the window. I laughed and waved at them. Elliot did a small wave back.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Marty... sometimes I just don't know what to think about the guy. That's why he's my favorite character. Totally unpredictable. Nina has some guts to do that! Whoa!

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yeah, he’s defenitely interesting. Nina does have a lot of guts when it comes down to it. I like to think of her as the link between Elliot and Marty. Elliot’s very reserved, and gets really flustered about a lot of things, and Marty is a lot more outgoing and impulsive. Nina sits right in the middle of that.

Elliot Gillespie

Astronaut Vlog: Friday, Dares
Marty and I stood up, and walked over to the window, looking down into the pool. Nina waved up at us and laughed. I just stared back down at her swimming around in the pool, my mouth opening and closing.

Marty nudged me in the side. “She’s some girl, isn’t she,” he teased.

I nodded, “Yeah, she is.”

Marty threw a towel at me. “Go take this to her, Lover Boy.”

I took the towel. “Shut up,” I muttered, leaving the room and heading downstairs to the pool.

Nina stepped out of the pool, and I handed her the towel, making sure not to stare at her, glad she kept at least something on when she jumped out the window.

She wrapped the towel around herself and laughed, “You know, that wasn’t so bad. It was actually pretty fun.” She looked around, “I just hope that the neighbors didn’t see me. You know they’re gonna take it the wrong way. My mom especially. She’d never let me hear the end of it if she caught wind of this.”

I nodded, “Yeah.”

Nina looked at me, “We should head back up.”

I nodded again, “Yeah.”

It’s so weird. Looking at her right now, I just wanted to be back in Rhiannon’s closet with her all over again. But at the same time...I still didn’t feel ready for any of it yet.

After a kind of awkward walk back into the house, we finally got back to Marty’s room, and Nina got dressed again.

“You two better have not been canoodling out there,” Marty teased.

My face, which I’m sure was already bright red, flamed even more. “We weren’t!”

Marty held up his hands in mock surrender, “Whatever you say.”

Nina rolled her eyes, “Let’s just get on with it.”

It was her turn to triple dog dare someone to do something. Her eyes flicked from me to Marty, trying to decide who her victim would be. Me. Marty. Me. Marty. Finally, her eyes settled on...me?!

She smirked as she thought about it for a second then, “Elliot. I triple dog dare you to...drink whatever Marty and I throw in the blender for you.”

"It has to be edible," I said.

Nina nodded, "Of course. I'm not crazy."

I wearily agreed. The two of them went downstairs to the kitchen. I sat there staring at all of Marty’s posters. See, Marty’s room is interesting. All of his posters are of famous mathematicians like Leonardo Fibonacci and Pythagoras and posters of math puns (4 out of 5 people don’t understand fractions). But then he also had a poster or two of really pretty actresses (not anything explicit, just photoshoots).

Then again, Marty was interesting himself.

About ten minutes after leaving, the two of them came back in with a red Solo cup, filled about halfway with goopy brown liquid.

I stared at it then back at them, “What did you put in there?”

Nina shook her head, “We can’t tell you until you drink it. You don’t have to drink it all, just take a big gulp.”

I held my breath and took a big gulp of whatever that stuff was. Even though, I was holding my breath, I could still taste it. It tasted awful, like they had looked for the nastiest combination they could find.

I started coughing, “What was in there?”

“Let’s see,” Marty started. “Milk, chocolate powder, peanut butter, mayonnaise, half a pickle, caramel, and some Dorito crumbs.”

I choked even more, “Are you insane? The milk and the pickle is gonna make me sick to my stomach.”

Marty laughed, “Nah, I’ve eaten that combination plenty of times with no side-effects.”

I looked at Nina for confirmation, and she shrugged in a what can you do? sort of way.

The game continued on like that, and despite the craziness, we were actually having a lot of fun. Although, when Marty dared me to kiss Nina, it got a little awkward. And Kimmy didn’t make it any less awkward by bursting in, just as Nina and I started to lean in.

Honestly, though, it wasn’t a bad way to spend our weekend.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I really like these chapters, they're fun to read. And oh boy I feel for Elliot, the stuff my cousins made me eat blindfloded... I did get them back real good though...

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thanks! They’re fun to write. Oh boy...

December
Junior Year

Elliot Gillespie

Astronaut Vlog: Friday, Asks
“Hey, Elliot.” Rhiannon approached me after school, sitting on the steps outside of Holmdale High.

“Hey, Rhiannon.” I smiled at her.

“So…” She started. “Do you wanna go out tonight? Like, just you and me?”

I blinked. “Like…on a date…?”

She nodded, “I noticed that you aren’t dating Nina, so I figured that you were free.”

She was right. I wasn’t dating Nina, but I also still really liked Nina. But…going out with Rhiannon one time wouldn’t hurt, right? I mean, it probably took a lot of courage to ask me out on a date, so…

I shrugged, “Sure. What did you have in mind?”

“Nothing weird, I promise.” She chuckled. “Maybe that one pizzeria and then we could take a walk in the park.”

That didn’t sound too bad. It actually sounded quite nice.

I glanced over at where Nina was talking to Marty and nodded. “I’ll pick you up at six.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Ooooh

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yep

marty brewer

“I need help, man,” Elliot said while working on homework in his room that afternoon. “Rhiannon asked me out.”

What? Rhiannon Voss? I thought he liked Nina.

“Wait a minute,” I said. “You’re going out with Rhiannon Voss? Didn’t you and Nina agree to something in the eighth grade?”

“Well, we just said that we’d live our lives and that if we eventually end up together, then that’d be nice. We never said that we wouldn’t see other people.” He shook his head, “Besides, I’m not going to marry Rhiannon or anything. We’re just gonna go get pizza and take a walk. It’s simple.”

I nodded. I’d gone out with Rhiannon for a bit last year, and it was nice. Things were just getting too complicated, so we broke up.

“I need help on what to do or say. I’ve never been on a date before.” He told me. “Well, unless you count that time that we went to the movies with Raya and Penelope when I was twelve.”

I snorted. “I remember saying that that was going to be our first dates.”

“I’m not sure why I’m stressing out over what to wear either.” He said.

I shrugged, “Just dress how you normally do. You dress nicely.”

He nodded.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I remember that, the first post ever to TATWATM, right? I don't wanna spoil this for any new readers but I'm happy with who Elliot ends up with. 

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Not counting the introduction, yes. Same here :)

Elliot Gillespie

Astronaut Vlog: Friday, First Dates
The date wasn’t bad. So far, at least. We were walking through park now.

I always liked the park. I liked the lake and the trees. I liked the stringed lights they put up. I especially liked the clear opening where you could see the stars.

“Well, I guess it ends here,” I said. “Well, not counting driving you home.”

She smiled, “Yeah, I guess it does.” She faced me and bit her lip. “And do you know what people do at the end of dates?”

“What…?”

She wrapped her arms around my neck, reached up, and kissed me. I wasn’t really sure how to react, so I just closed my eyes and tried to push the thought of the time I kissed Nina in Rhiannon’s closet in eighth grade out of my mind.

Here’s the thing, though. I didn’t feel anything while kissing Rhiannon. Nothing. Just…guilty, for some reason. Like I was cheating on Nina somehow. I don’t know.

Rhiannon pulled away from me and smiled. I smiled back, but I couldn’t shake the thought of someone else in my mind.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Good old Elliot, always loyal.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yep

marty brewer

Elliot crawled into my window that night after he’d dropped Rhiannon off.

“So,” I said, opening the window. “How’d your date go?”

Elliot sat on my desk. “I feel weird.”

“Why? Did you kiss her?”

He nodded. “And do you know what I felt when I kissed her?”

I nodded. “I probably do.” Rhiannon and I kissed a lot while we were together and let me just say that she is an amazing kisser.

“I felt nothing.”

Nothing?” I asked. “How do you kiss a girl that hot and nice and feel nothing?”

“Well, okay,” Elliot corrected. “I felt kind of guilty.”

“Why?” I asked. “You don’t have a girlfriend.”

Elliot looked at me, “Because I’m in love with Nina.”

“Dude,” I said. “As much as I see how you look at Nina, you do realize that kids our age say that they’re ‘in love’ all the time, and then the next week they’re supposedly ‘in love’ with someone else.”

“I’m serious Marty. I don’t mean the regular old, I love you that kids in high school say. I mean that I’m in love for real. I’m in love with Nina Drake, and I have been for a long time.”

I smiled. Finally. I’d waited years for them to finally get together. I hoped it’d happen soon.

“What’re you going to do about Rhiannon, then?” I asked him.

“I’m going to tell her tomorrow that she’s a really great girl, but that I just like someone else.”

I grinned, “You go get her, tiger.”

“Don’t ever call me that again,” He told me.

I nodded and laughed, “Agreed.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

In ya face, Rhiannon!

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Marty: Yeah!

Elliot Gillespie

Astronaut Vlog: Saturday, My Own News
“Rhiannon.”

She agreed to meet me at Jazz Brew Coffee that day to talk. Because I really needed to. I didn’t think it fair if I kept going on dates with her if I didn’t really like her. On either of us.

“Yes?” She asked.

“Look, I think that you’re a great girl, but…I just don’t think that this is going to work out.”

She blinked at me.

I kept going, “I just, I like someone else. And, I don’t want to keep leading you on, if it’s never going to work out.”

Rhiannon sat back, her arms crossed. Then, she laughed, “I was actually suspecting this. Look, Elliot, as much as I liked you - and still do, I always saw the big crush you’ve had on Nina Drake since what, the sixth grade?”

“I didn’t have a crush on Nina in sixth grade.” I said.

Although...that is kind of when I started noticing her. That was the year my family spent a lot of time with her and her mom, since her dad had left. Sure, she had kind of stuck to Marty and me when she first moved in fourth grade, but I didn’t actually realize how nice it was to hang out with her until then.

But I don’t think I really started having, you know, kind of embarrassing feelings for Nina until eighth grade.

Rhiannon rolled her eyes, “Yeah, whatever.”

“Are you going to be okay?” I asked her. I’d never had someone break-up with me, but I’d heard that it sucked.

Rhiannon shrugged, “I’ve been through it before.”

She was right. Nearing the end of eighth grade, she’d started dating Jason Harrington, and they broke up over summer vacation (just after that day at the pool). Then, freshman year, she’d dated Chad Fefferman, but he’d broken it off saying that he just wasn’t interested in making out with her, and she’d moved onto Vance Baker (she broke up with him that time). She’d even dated Marty last year.

I started to get up, then I said, “I hope you find someone, eventually.”

She smirked, “Likewise.”

Now, I needed to go talk to Nina.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Oh, Chad.... 

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Ye

Nina Drake

I was in my room, writing when I heard the knocking.

I heard Mom open the door and say, “Oh, hello, Elliot.”

I couldn’t hear what Elliot told her, but I guessed he’d asked if he could come in, because I heard Mom say, “Sure. Nina’s up in her room by the way.”

I heard footsteps up the stairs, and then I saw Elliot standing in my doorway.

“Hey,” he said.

“Hi,” I said back. “What are you doing here? Is this to tell me that you went on a date with Rhiannon last night? Because I already know you did, and I’m not mad.”

He looked surprised, “You…aren’t?”

I shook my head, “Of course not. In eighth grade, we said that we’d live our lives, and if that means seeing other people, then that’s fine. Were you mad when I kissed Jason Harrington last year at that party I went to with Marty?”

Okay, backstory. Last year, Marty convinced me to go to one of the parties that Jason and Rhiannon and that gang always had. Elliot had no interest in going, but I was kind of curious. They ended playing yet another game of spin-the-bottle (no one ended up in the closet this time) and when I spun it landed on Jason, so one thing led to another. (Marty landed on me, but he just gave me a quick peck on the cheek and we never spoke of it again.)

He shrugged, “A little.” Elliot shook his head, “And anyway, that’s not what I came here to tell you.”

I stared at him and he took a deep breath, “Nina…I love you.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I LOVE THIS PART!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

SAME

Elliot Gillespie

Astronaut Vlog: Saturday, Love Confessions
Nina stared at me, not saying anything.

I looked down at my feet and back up at her. “Did…did you hear what I said?”

Nina nodded, still not speaking.

I couldn’t believe it. She didn’t feel the same way. I guess I should’ve known better than to think things were still going to be like they were when we were thirteen.

“I, um…I’m sorry for bothering you,” I muttered and started to walk out of her room.

“Wait,” she called out.

I turned around and saw her get up from her bed and come up to me.

“You didn’t bother me,” she said. She glanced down at her hands, then looked up at me, “Elliot…I love you too.”

I grinned, “I was always hoping you did.”

We kept staring at each other, then, I gave her a quick kiss on the lips. When I pulled away, she smiled, but she didn’t go back to her computer. She just kept staring at me, and I kept staring right back. This reminded me of that time in eighth grade that we kissed in Rhiannon’s closet.

Nina glanced at my lips, then, put her hands on the sides of my face, and pulled me into a kiss, a real one this time. I put my hands on her waist, kissing her back.

I couldn’t believe it.

This was really happening.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Here comes Marty!

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yep!

marty brewer

I decided to check on Elliot and Nina, see if they had confessed yet. Elliot had told me that he was going to be at Nina’s house, so that’s where I went.

I slid open her bedroom window, crawled in, and found the two of them in there. They were sitting on Nina’s bed, practically on top of each other, canoodling.

I guess they didn’t hear me come in, so I slid my phone out, took a quick picture to remember this moment, and cleared my throat.

The two broke apart and turned to me. Elliot was bright red, and Nina grinned sheepishly.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” I teased. “Did I interrupt something important?”

Elliot’s blush spread to his ears and he looked at Nina, who pretended to be really focused on straightening out her shirt, “Kind of.”

I smirked and pointed to the window, “Did you need me to leave so you could, uh...canoodle some more.”

Nina snorted and Elliot buried his face his hands.

“No,” he said. “I think we’re done.” He looked to Nina for confirmation and she nodded.

“I guess it’s official now, huh?” I asked.

Elliot and Nina turned to each other, and then back at me.

Nina nodded and bit her lip, “Yeah, I guess it is.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

cloudart142

Lol  my all time favorite part of this! I can just imagine it happening! :) so good! 

• Posted at:

Hellooooooooooooo!

I’m a

Dreamer

Book- lover

Soccer Player

Artist 

And Music Listener 

Nice to Meet You,

1 ,