Front sm

amethystmeadow15

aka AmethystMeadow2

Branch: Lucian

Hey guys!

It's been three-ish years since I posted, so I doubt anyone who is still on here knows who I am. I guess I should re-introduce myself! My name's Kim, I used to sign off on posts with a lot of :D faces and always posted in Comic Sans like I'm doing now, and I was on the MB from 2011-2015ish. Last time I posted, I was fifteen. Now, I'm eighteen and tomorrow is my last day of high school. How crazy is that? That's basically the reason I'm here, actually. I have to transfer all the files I want for college from my school laptop to a flash drive, and the flash drive I happened to find was one from middle school. You can probably guess what was on it: my old username, password, and some of the fanfics I used to write for this site. I decided that since my only final tomorrow is AP Lang, I'd come investigate for old times' sake. It's good to see that the MB still exists (tbh I wasn't sure if it did) and is populated by a new generation of kids that hopefully love this series and this community as much as I did.

I wanted to post one more time for a few reasons.

First of all, I'm curious: is anyone on here from way back when? I took a look at a few old profiles of people I was friends with and they're gone, but there could be people off my radar that I didn't look at.

Second, I hope that all of you newer folk appreciate this site and all the awesome people that make it possible: creators, observers, and the moderators alike. Personally, the MB was an integral part of my life for some of the most formulative years of my young adulthood (if you can call being a middle schooler a part of young adulthood lol), and I'm grateful for the lessons it taught me, despite my physical distance from my MB friends.

Third, if any of those old friends happen to log on again out of curiosity and search my name, I want them to know I'm doing well. I'm a lot more content with my real life now than I was when I was on here regularly. I've got solid friends, a healthy relationship, I'm near the top of my graduating high school class, and I'm going to a great school to study engineering. I don't think where I am now would have been possible without my old MB friends, as cliche as that sounds. You all helped me through a difficult period of my life, and despite our fleeting connection, I still value our friendships so much. So, if any of you somehow see this, thank you; you truly are the best of people.

--Kim :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(Gotta still sign off like this, even if it is just a cringy tradition I set as a twelve-year-old.)

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Kimberly

No matter what I do, it never feels like enough.  I want so badly to protect the people I love from harm, but my love is not strong enough.  How can I learn to make peace with that?  How does anyone? The Sisters’ Fate

Front sm

sneakygirl1

aka BlueDolphin595

First of all, MAN we've all aged quite a bit.  I can't believe you're a senior :((  I just went to my school's graduation last night and I don't think it's fully hit me yet that I won't see most of the seniors I know and love ever again.  It's gonna be crazy.

You'd better have kept those fanfics by the way.  Sometimes I dig bag through old papers and documents and my old fanfics make me laugh a lot :P   Good times, good times.

I check back in every once in a while when I have free time and I remember this place actually exists.  It's been a while since our day.  It's depressing to check in nowadays because practically no one I used to know is still on here.  It's painful sometimes - remembering the way things used to be and seeing how much everything's changed.  But I'm glad you found your way back.  As little as I check this place in the present, it was, at one point, home - for all of us.

I'd also like to thank you too, Kimmy.  It's been a ride since the old days, but I do remember that you and I were (and still are) good friends.  You were always an incredibly kind and understanding soul, and you along with eKat, Chu, and so many others influenced me greatly and made me who I am today.  I learned a lot of important lessons from this place, and you played a role in that while you may not think so.

Wherever life takes you, I know you'll be successful.  You're gonna change the world, girlie.  Now go get 'em :)

Love always,

Kathy

• Posted at:

l i g h t   i s   e a s y   t o   l o v e.

s h o w   m e   y o u r   d a r k n e s s.

- r.  q u e e n

Front sm

amethystmeadow15

aka AmethystMeadow2

Haha I just replied to you on that other thread but I'm gonna do it here too because why not. XD

I can't believe I'm a senior either! If I remember correctly, you're a year younger than me? Maybe two? But my brain is saying a year. If so, you're gonna be one of the big fish at your school next year!

Dude of course I did haha. Never getting rid of that flash drive. There are too many wonderful(ly cringy) documents on there that basically contain my middle school self.

It made me sad to come on here too...... I feel like even if I had time to post on here as much as I used to, which I don't, I wouldn't be good at making new friends anyways. Not just because I don't follow the books anymore or because of the age gap, but because I've already made some many old friends on here to whom I'm still attached that my heart is too full. But I'm going to stick around here a bit, at least for the next few weeks, and see what's up with the new MB.

The fact that you believe in me after all this time means the world to me. You've also shaped me and I am so, so grateful. So much love for you always, Kathy. :)

-Kimmy :D :D :D :D :D

• Posted at:

Kimberly

No matter what I do, it never feels like enough.  I want so badly to protect the people I love from harm, but my love is not strong enough.  How can I learn to make peace with that?  How does anyone? The Sisters’ Fate

Front sm

dragonflying601

Branch: Ekaterina

*rubs eyes* Kimberly? Kathy? I must be dreaming. 

• Posted at:

<♔ ~Leo~ ♔>

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down

I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out

I am brave, I am bruised

I am who I'm meant to be, thi is me

They/them.

#SkylarEmeraldCarmenZoeyDanielLiveOn

#PutIRBack

Front sm

osirisphoenix39

aka TopazDragon105

KIMBERLY! I don't know if you remember me, but we used to chat sometimes (although it was so long ago I don't even remember what about). Anyways, I'm in the same boat as you are, graduating this year and feeling nostalgic about the good old times.  I've been going through old RPs and threads and it's crazy how much time we all used to spend on here. It sounds cheesy, but we all kind of grew up together. 

Best wishes for college/whatever the future holds for you! I know you'll be successful in whatever you choose.

Cali

• Posted at:

Cali.   6

r e m n a n t

o f

a n o t h e r

t i m e

Your identity is valid ll Firebirds forever!

Front sm

amethystmeadow15

aka AmethystMeadow2

Leo: Hey!!! :D Long time no see! I recognize you from way back. How's it going?

Cali: OF COURSE I REMEMBER YOU!!!!! I don't remember what we talked about either but that's alright. XD No I totally agree with you; despite the distance, I felt closer to some of my MB friends than a lot of the people I saw every day. Best of luck to you too! You're going to be brilliant at whatever you do, I just know it. Do you have after high school plans?

-Kim :D :D :D :D :D

• Posted at:

Kimberly

Front sm

dragonflying601

@Kimberly: I'm attempting to finish high school, as much as that's possible for a homeschooled kid. I'm learning bike tricks and considering starting a YT channel. You?

• Posted at:

<♔ ~Leo~ ♔>

I am brave, I am bruised

They/them.

#PutIRBack

Front sm

amethystmeadow15

aka AmethystMeadow2

Leo: Ooh a channel sounds like fun! What would it be about? I'm preparing for the last choir event of the year, which is tomorrow night. I officially graduate from high school Sunday, which is pretty cool. :) And then looking into next week, I've got my college choir audition so I'm practicing for that right now. Just trying to keep busy but also have one more relaxing summer, since I'm planning on interning for the next few summers.

• Posted at:

Kimberly

Front sm

dragonflying601

@Kimberly: Nice! Good luck!

If I start a channel, I'll probably put bike tricks and music videos on it :D Possibly some book reviews. 

• Posted at:

<♔ ~Leo~ ♔>

I am brave, I am bruised

They/them.

#PutIRBack

Front sm

osirisphoenix39

aka TopazDragon105

@Kim I'm going to university for history! It's crazy because I feel like 39 clues contributed a ton to my love of history early on. 

• Posted at:

Cali.   6

r e m n a n t

o f

a n o t h e r

t i m e

Your identity is valid ll Firebirds forever!

Front sm

sneakygirl1

aka BlueDolphin595

I'm sixteen and I'll be a senior next year.  Yeah, definitely a big fish, though I don't really feel like one.  It's crazy how quickly time flies :((

Yeah, sounds terrible, but I haven't made any efforts to make new friends on here.  Not that these people aren't great, but I'll keep missing all of the old friends I made on here.  It's just not the same, ya know?

I'll always believe in ya :)

• Posted at:

- r.  q u e e n

Front sm

creativescarlet16

What the-

Senior-

Wow. I'm such a young child.

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Deviantart is LivVirtual

Front sm

amethystmeadow15

aka AmethystMeadow2

Leo: Wow, that sounds really cool! Good luck with that! Any books you have in mind already?

Cali: Ahhhh that's so awesome!!! It's crazy how books can have such a big influence on our lives, isn't it? I may be going to school to do science-y, engineering-y stuff, but I think English, history, & music are going to have influence on my life for a long time. I actually just auditioned for college choir yesterday. O_O

Kathy: Wow yep you're getting old. :D It is crazy... It's a little strange. It feels like I've never left the MB but also like I've been gone forever. I've had an easy time slipping back into posting, albeit sparingly, but something still feels so alien about it. Time stands a little still on here, I think.

No I totally understand. It's not the people, it's yourself haha. I feel the same way.

As will I. :)

• Posted at:

Kimberly

Front sm

sneakygirl1

aka BlueDolphin595

I miss you a lot, girlie.  Really wish you'd found your way OtR.

• Posted at:

- r.  q u e e n

Front sm

creativescarlet16

hiya

I'm not an oldie, but just popping in

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael