Did you enjoy Avengers: Infinity War?

Front sm

duskdragon98

aka SpySecret12

Branch: Janus

It's no secret that there is a large base of Marvel fans here on T39CMB, so what better place to discuss the PHENOMENON that is Infinity War, part I of the culmination of the MCU!

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS. As it is incredibly difficult to discuss this movie without going into spoilers, I'm gonna go ahead and say that you don't really have to use invisible ink. Read at your own risk; hopefully, if you haven't seen the movie but still plan to, you're staying far away from anything Marvel-related online.

First of all, what a year for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And 2018 isn't even halfway done! Black Panther was a generational event which may have even surpassed the hype, frenzy, and praise directed towards The Force Awakens in 2015 (which was, notably, also a Disney movie. I read that Disney raked in AN ENTIRE THIRD of the film industry's profit in 2017. And with Disney still negotiating the acquisition of some of Fox's studios [hooray for the FF and X-Men in the MCU as soon as 2020!], you should prepare to surrender to your entertainment overlords in the coming decades) because of the nationwide debates it sparked over equal representation in film surrounding the nearly all-black cast and the plethora of well-depicted, distinguished female characters. It was also a commercial and critical behemoth, lauded for the depth of its antagonist, emotional range of its story, and Ryan Coogler's splendid direction. Now, Marvel has just toppled its own greatest success in the critically acclaimed and all-time-record breaking Avengers: Infinity War, which saw the grandest, darkest MCU story yet swell its wallet to 641 million dollars worldwide on its opening weekend (the best worldwide opening of all time), and reach $1 billion in the shortest time frame ever observed from a film: 11 days. Needless to say, the climax of a decade of Marvel films is a phenomenon of culture. As the most successful film franchise to ever be, the MCU's ground-breaking interweaving of its movies, combined with its variety of characters, trademark humor, devotion to internal consistency, and loving treatment of the material it adapts, has ensured its longevity and the adoration of millions of fans far into the future.

It's a big movie with a lot behind it. And in my opinion, because of/despite its 10 years of build-up, it doesn't disappoint.

Going into this movie, I doubt there's more than a dozen people around the nation that predicted what happened. Thanos was the most terrifying villain that I believe cinema has produced in recent memory, possibly since the Dark Lord of the Sith himself. I believe the Russo brothers' ambitions that Thanos would become our generation's Darth Vader have been met. He's simultaneously an intriguing villain with a comprehensible philosophy, and it's entirely believable that the Mad Titan would dedicate himself to the well-reasoned but devastating pursuit.

Additionally, the shocking number of deaths in this movie was practically unforseeable. The original six Avengers survived, while (let me see if I can remember everyone) Loki, Gamora, Star-Lord, Doctor Strange, the Vision, Scarlet Witch, Groot, Mantis, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Bucky, and Heimdall all perished at the "mercy" of Thanos - with or without the snap. Nobody thought they would kill so much of their new (and profitable) blood, while many believed that the nearing expiration of the "OG" Avengers' actors' contracts signalled the ends of many of those characters - especially Iron Man or Captain America. I applaud the creative team behind this film for the courage to put their audience through so much emotion and shock. Thanos wins, and the film is infinitely better for it.

Until its sequel - the untitled Avengers 4 - comes to us May 3rd of 2019, the best we can do is discuss the movie in all its depth. There's more I want to add that I haven't even included here, but what do y'all have to say about Infinity War? I can't wait to hear!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Sunshine

Yup, a dude (nick)named Sunshine! I guess I brighten people's days.

Imma:

Janus

Ravenclaw

Jedi

Whovian

Avenger

IRL, I'm a 16 y/o Christian astrophysicist who loves LEGO, film, tap, classic rock, and film scores.

#ForNorCal

#KeepTheMemoriesAlive

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

Branch: Lucian

I thought sending people into the soul stone was a little excessive but finally killing Loki was interesting.

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2, Radschord89ish

(29) Nickname: Rad

7840 Even without hope  the light still burns!

the church of Rad

In a state of mind closer to Happy than anything else.

Front sm

capitalbee70

Branch: Ekaterina

@Rad I don't like it that they killed Loki!! He was one of my favorites!!

• Posted at:

Fantasy

She/her

My WOF OCs:

Mud:Quake

Sand:Scorch

Sky:Turbulence

Sea:Wave,Cyclone

Rain:Tranquility,Strawberry,Rain

Ice:Iceberg,Yeti

Night:Stellar,Silhouette,Shadowwatcher

My life is like Pride and Prejudice

(and zombies)

Front sm

pizzapizza263

I cried...both times that I watched it. I still don't believe it honestly.

• Posted at:

~*Alissa*~

"He smiled and intertwined our fingers.  “If I’m going down, at least I’m going down with you.” "

-Andrea/ArtisticWords12

MB Member since 2012

"You may not see it, but I'm smiling on the inside because of you." 

Front sm

duskdragon98

aka SpySecret12

Oh hey, Alissa! Good to see you!

Yeah, I'm still processing it. And though I'm no memer, the memes I've seen are simultaneously painful and helping me cope XD

I really thought it was interesting how everyone was going into this movie seeming to forget that the final Avengers movie was coming out just one year later. Everybody seemed to be talking about whether Captain America or Iron Man would die in IW, and I was just thinking the whole time...that they could both live, and then die in A4. Still, though, after watching that climax...I'm not feeling so good. ;)

• Posted at:

Sunshine

Imma:

Janus

Ravenclaw

Jedi

Whovian

Avenger

IRL, I'm a 16 y/o Christian astrophysicist who loves LEGO, film, tap, classic rock, and film scores.

#ForNorCal

#KeepTheMemoriesAlive

Front sm

dreamtimeangel372

Cried 4 Chris Pratt & Tom Holland (Star-Lord & Spider-Man)!

Thanos is a big pain in the butt.

You forgot Drax, Korg & Miek.

Gamora didn't die. Her soul's in the Soul Stone. 

Check out my Beyond the Aftermath-An Avengers Infinity War RP.

• Posted at:

Front sm

fightingfreya7

Hi I'm svanah and I loved the movie,I only saw it once though but I'm gonna see it again this week. So I have spoilers for you guys about the 2 infinity wars (cause I have some friends in Hollywood) So,in the 2 one miss Marvel is coming in to help save the day,and the avengers that pareshed are not dead there in a different universe,and in the end there gonna get the green stone and use it to bring everyone(including gamor)back. But it's still gonna be a lot of drama in the movie. And I can't wait to see it all come to life. And did you guys know that after the 2 infinity wars,that the person who plays captain america is quiting.. But yeah I am hoping to star ina movie soon cause I'm an actress but I'm use to doing theater so it should be interesting. Talk soon.Bye.-S

• Posted at:

Yela, which means hi in greek.My nick name is Freya which is the name of a greek goodess, but my real name is Savanah. I also speak Greek,and other languages. I'm 14 and in 9 grade. And I love having friends all over the world so please friend.

Front sm

pizzapizza263

Hey! And yeah. I knew that but it honestly still hit me hard. I cried a lot tbh. Me and my best friend were sobbing outside the theatre. XD I can't wait for A4, but I'm still broken on the inside by IW. It was just...too soon. XD

• Posted at:

~*Alissa*~

"He smiled and intertwined our fingers.  “If I’m going down, at least I’m going down with you.” "

-Andrea/ArtisticWords12

MB Member since 2012

"You may not see it, but I'm smiling on the inside because of you." 

Front sm

beastlygale14

Branch: Ekaterina

A c k!

Watched it and I left one pack of food for when everybody got together.

U g h

I was just staring at Thanos doing his Philippines scene, mouth open, and then, BAM, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo.

So...what do I do now? C:

• Posted at:

Hello {^~.~^} •

Sage Heavenswheel 

Despairing Art Student/Pre-College Teen

Formerly AquaBloodhound/DarkSoul33

*currently on a college-results-i'm-dying hiatus*

*currently on a need-to-paint hiatus*

*currently on a project hiatus*

Front sm

duskdragon98

aka SpySecret12

My girlfriend of a couple months moved from Iowa last year, and I just discovered recently that she has quite a few friends who go to Iowa City High School and got to attend the Russo brothers' presentation they gave there! That's mind-blowing to me. It's so cool that the Russos would do something like that, and then the fact that I have friends-of-a-friend who got to BE there? Amazing! I hope I get to talk to them sometime to grill them about what it was like.

Also, the Russos confirmed there that Gamora did, in fact, enter the Soul Stone when she perished. But has it actually been confirmed that every character that died also entered the Soul Stone? The Russos have stated multiple times that they don't think anybody will be able to predict what happens in A4. Since we know about Spiderman: Far From Home and GotG Vol. 3 taking place after A4, we know that at least some "snapped" characters will be resurrected; but their souls entering the Soul Stone seems equally as predictable as the use of time travel (likely through the Quantum Realm) appearing in the movie (in other words, both time-travel-resurrection and Soul-Stone-ressurection are very predictable). But I trust the Russos when they say we can't predict what's going to happen. So unless they have truly confirmed everyone entered the Soul Stone, I'm not inclined to believe that anybody but Gamora did.

• Posted at:

Sunshine

Imma:

Janus

Ravenclaw

Jedi

Whovian

Avenger

#ForNorCal

#KeepTheMemoriesAlive

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

Branch: Lucian

You know i was talkibg nonsense right?

You wouldn't know, but I haven't seen infinity war and one of the main reasons I probably won't see it the movie Black Panthet.

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2, Radschord89ish

(29) Nickname: Rad

7840 Even without hope  the light still burns!

the church of Rad

In a state of mind closer to Happy than anything else.