Do you like it?

Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

Guess who has a bunch more of this story written, but never has internet on my computer anymore...?

Winter

February

Simon Gillespie

I took my binder out of my backpack and put it on my desk. I pushed a few buttons and a picture that Violet and I took at Skateland Daze popped up. All I did was stare at it.

She looked so pretty in the picture. The way her hair fell over her shoulders, the way her eyes lit up when she smiled like that.

I know I talk a lot about how pretty Violet is. And maybe, at first, that’s all I really saw. But now it was more than that. I liked her for a lot more than just how pretty or hot she was.

She was also brilliant. Her science fair project was so much better than everyone else’s. If Bethany Baker hadn’t wrecked it, Violet would’ve dominated the fair, hands down.

She was also kind. Every time I was with her, I always wanted to tell her about the social anxiety. She didn’t come across as the type who’d shun me because of it. But I was still scared to tell Violet.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door to my room opened and I heard Corinne say, “Mom says that dinner’s ready and that Dad baked some brownies for dessert.”

I slammed my binder shut, closing the picture, and looked at Corinne, “You know, there’s this new thing, it’s called knocking.”

She smirked, “Why are you so worried? What were you looking at just now? Did you snag one of Josh Voss’s magazines?”

“It’s none of your business,” I protested.

She raised her hands up in mock surrender. “Sorry, sorry. Anyway, it’s time for dinner.” She left my room after that.

I opened my binder and took another look at Violet’s picture before closing it and heading downstairs for dinner.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Don't you forget about me

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

He should tell her. But what happened to Bethany? She should not be let off the hook!

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Life's tough. I'm tougher.

I wish  all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

You're absolutely right...to both. As someone with social anxiety, I know how difficult it is to tell people. I think I kept it hidden for about three or four years before I finally even told my parents, but don't worry, Simon will tell her eventually. As for Bethany...believe me, Violet definitely considered telling the principal, but she realized that she didn't have any proof of what Bethany did, just accusations.

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Zimbabwe

“Hey,” Nancy said, startling me at my locker.

“Hey,” I said.

“So,” she began. “I’m having a party tomorrow night, my parents are going to be working late, but they approved it. I guess they’re making it up for always working…anyway, you wanna come? Simon and Violet are welcome to come too.”

I hesitated. Her parents weren’t going to be there? What if…I don’t know, they all got drunk or something?

I guess Nancy could see my hesitation, because she said, “Don’t worry, we’re not gonna get drunk or anything like that. And it’s not gonna be all of the eighth grade either, it’s just a small group.” She put her hand on her hip, “So, are you in?”

I nodded, “Yeah, I’m in.”

I didn’t know that that party would make me question myself even more.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Oh no... But yes I also have lots of stuff I never told anyone about.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

I wish  all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

I'm sure we all do

Violet

Nancy had invited me to another party, and I was going to ask Marty now if I could go. She said that her parents weren’t going to be there. I myself didn’t have a problem with that, but I wasn’t sure how Marty was going to react.

I decided to bring up the topic at dinner. Marty had made soup and paninis, it was my favorite thing he made.

I cleared my throat and he looked up.

“Is there anything you want to say, kiddo?” He asked.

“Yeah, um,” I picked at my soup. “Did you ever go to any parties without adult supervision?”

Marty chuckled, “Yeah, there was this one in high school…” he shook his head, “never mind.” He smiled again at the memory, then looked at me, “Did you get invited to a party without adult supervision and now you want my permission?”

I nodded, biting my lip and looking at him hopefully.

He sighed, “Well, even though I’d been to them before, I don’t think it’s the greatest idea. But…I’ll let you go, but if anything, bad starts to happen, I want you to call me, okay?”

I brightened. He was letting me go. I nodded, “I’ll do just that. Simon and Corinne got invited too.”

Marty laughed, “Yikes, Elliot and Nina aren’t as laid back as I am.”

I smiled at him.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Dominican Republic

Mom and Dad were really hesitant to agree to let me and Simon go to Nancy’s party, but they eventually caved.

“Hey, Nina,” Dad said on the drive to Nancy’s. “Wasn’t our first real kiss at a party like that?”

Mom smiled and sighed wistfully, “Yeah, Rhiannon Voss decided to have us play spin the bottle and she locked us in the closet.”

I cringed. I had no intentions of hearing about the first time Mom and Dad kissed. Especially if Josh’s mom had anything to do with it.

“Speaking of kissing,” Dad said.

Oh no. I hated conversations like these. They always made me super uncomfortable. I had no interest in kissing.

Dad continued, “I’m going to set some ground rules for kissing at your age.”

Simon blushed. “I don’t think we’re going to be making out with anyone over there, Dad.”

Mom shrugged, “We didn’t think we’d be playing spin the bottle at Rhiannon’s party.”

“Anyway,” Dad went on. “I’ll say right now that I’m only going to allow you to touch hands, shoulders, waists, sides of faces, and the backs of necks while you’re kissing, you hear me?”

“That goes for the both of you,” Mom added.

Simon turned a deeper red and I shuddered. First off, I didn’t want to kiss anyone in the first place. Second, who in their right mind would put their hands anywhere else?

“And only let others do the same,” Dad said. He shook his head, “Anyway, that’s only if you play spin the bottle or something. Nancy’s a good girl, so you’ll probably only be watching movies or something.”

God, I hoped so.

I was wrong.

mods please let this through!

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Does this mean what I think it does? Um...

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Canoodling? Yes. Gross stuff? No.

Simon Gillespie

Nancy opened the door to her apartment.

“You guys made it!” She said. “Violet’s already here.” She gave me knowing look.

What was that supposed to mean? Did she know about my crush on Violet? I thought I was pretty good at hiding it.

Nancy let us in and thankfully, there weren’t that many people. I noticed Chuck Loski, Josh Voss, Anne Mackey, Randy Livingston, and of course, Violet.

“You came!” Violet stood up and hugged Corinne first, then she threw her arms around me, pulling me close. I tried not to smell the scent of lilacs in her hair.

She pulled away grinning and bit her lip.

Corinne cleared her throat and left to go say hi to Chuck.

I really wasn’t sure what to make of that kid. I mean, there wasn’t anything wrong with him. He wasn’t mean or anything like that. In fact, he was actually really cool. It’s just…I knew for a fact that he liked Corinne. I knew that boys were going to like my sister, but it was still really weird.

I saw her give him a one-armed hug. I shuddered at the thought. I wondered if Corinne liked him too.

Nancy came to Violet and me, took each of us by an arm, and led us to a bean bag. “This is where you guys’ll be.”

“Wait, just on one bean bag?” Violet asked.

Nancy nodded and gave us a weird look. Like it would be illogical for two different people to sit on two different bean bags.

Violet and I were pushed close together on the bean bag and I felt my heart flutter. Other than Mom and Corinne, I’d never been this close to a girl before. She didn’t seem to mind, either.

Nancy sat Corinne down next to Chuck on the couch and then went to go turn off the lights.

Okay, what in the world was going on?

I then saw Nancy sit down next to Josh and all at once, they were kissing. And so were all the other pairs in the room.

I looked at Violet, my face flaming.

“Are we supposed to…” Violet’s voice trailed off.

I nodded nervously. Violet’s face was turning red and she just stared at me. Then, she put a hand on the back of my neck and pulled me into a kiss.

I thought back to what Dad had said about kissing. I just kept my hands firmly on the beanbag chair.

I couldn’t believe this. I was kissing a girl. And a girl I like, no less. I couldn’t help but enjoy this moment. All I thought about was how soft her lips felt, and how they tasted like…pumpkin. It was probably the taste of her Chapstick.

And then, it happened. An anxiety attack.

First, my hands started getting sweaty, but I had just told myself that it was first kiss jitters. Then, I felt the pressure in my chest, and my hands started shaking. I needed to go splash some water on my face.

I pulled away from Violet and just said, “I have to go to the bathroom.”

I stood up and quickly rushed over. I turned on the light and closed the door behind me. Then, I turned the faucet on and splashed my face with water, taking a few deep breaths. Thank God I brought the bottle with me. I popped two of the vitamins in my mouth and sat on the closed toilet, breathing heavily, ignoring the tears running down my cheeks.

I just had to go screw up my first kiss. Why did I have to be like this? Why did I have to be crazy?

I wished I could tell Violet the reason, but I didn’t want her to think less of me. Especially not after this.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Chile

“Corinne, Chuck, follow me.” Nancy brought us each to sit on her couch. “Just sit here…and yeah.” She left and went to go turn off the light.

I looked at Chuck and shrugged. He shrugged back.

Nancy grinned at me as she half-walked half-ran to where she was playing the music. She turned it up – some really old singer named Taylor Swift that was popular in like, 2014 – and sat down next to Josh.

Then, she wrapped her arms around him, and kissed him. Not just a small peck either, it was longer. After taking a look around, I noticed everyone else was kissing too. Well, except Simon and Violet, they just stared at each other, each growing a deeper red.

It then dawned on me why she sat me next to Chuck. She wanted me to make out with him.

Chuck looked a little uncomfortable. He looked up from looking down at his hands and smiled sheepishly.

“I guess they want us to kiss, huh?” He said.

Just do it, I told myself.

It wasn’t that I was uncomfortable with Chuck. Heck, I’d known the boy since I was five. I just didn’t feel the desire to kiss him.

Maybe when you kiss him you’ll understand the hype.

I took a deep breath, put a hand on the side of Chuck’s face, leaned in, and pressed my lips against his.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Violet

I couldn’t believe it. I was making out with a boy! Well…I had kissed Trevor Warner this one time at White Orchid…never mind. Anyway, this was different. I liked Simon…a lot.

All of a sudden, Simon pulled away, adjusted his glasses, and muttered, “I have to go to the bathroom.”

It didn’t look like he just needed to pee or something. His hands were shaking. I wanted to ask him why. I’d say that it was just because he was nervous kissing a girl, but it was different.

While he was in the bathroom, I remembered what Marty had told me. I’ll let you go, but if anything bad starts to happen, I want you to call me, okay?

Did the party turning into a giant make-out session count as something bad? The more I thought about it, the more I felt like should call Marty.

Marty had gotten me a cellphone, so I pulled it out and clicked on his contact.

“Hello?”

“Hi,” I said nervously.

“What happened over there?” He asked.

I hesitated. Just tell him. “Well…” I started. “The party kind of turned into this big make-out session…”

I heard Marty sigh on the other end, “I’ll be right there to pick you up.”

God, I hoped he wasn’t mad.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

yikes... Poor Simon. Why did Nancy do that? So weird (and gross)! 

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yeah...poor Simon. Well, Nancy doesn't really know any better

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Monaco

It’s official, kissing is highly overrated. I mean, it wasn’t anything special. It was just…boring and weird. Like, do you understand how much bacteria are being passed right now?

I just couldn’t understand why I was feeling like this. When Nancy and Anne talked about their first kisses, they made them sound amazing. This just…wasn’t.

I made myself pull away from Chuck and he stared at me.

“Wow.” Was all he said.

He felt wow after that? How? I certainly didn’t feel wow. Chuck started to lean in again, but I pulled away.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

I shrugged, “I don’t know…I just…I don’t feel like kissing right now.” Not now, not ever.

Chuck looked down at his hands, “Well, we don’t have to do anything that you’re not comfortable with.”

I smiled at him, “Thank you.”

I felt something then. I just couldn’t understand how I could feel like maybe, just maybe, I had a small crush on Chuck, but not enjoy kissing him. And I definitely didn’t want to do anything more than kissing.

I looked back at where Violet and Simon were sitting and saw them making out. I shuddered and quickly looked away. I did not want to see my brother who was five minutes younger than me making out with my best friend. I mean, I obviously knew that he liked her. Just the other day, I saw Simon staring at a picture of him and Violet. But still, to see them kissing…it was gross.

I was staring at my knees when I heard someone get up and rush to the bathroom. I looked up again and saw Violet staring after the bathroom door, alone.

Oh no. Simon probably had another anxiety attack.

“Sorry,” I muttered to Chuck, stood up quickly, and rushed to the bathroom.

I knocked on the bathroom door, “Simon?”

“I’m fine,” he called back.

I wasn’t convinced, so I twisted the doorknob and found him sitting on the toilet. He quickly wiped his eyes and looked at me.

“I knocked this time.”

Simon laughed softly, “Yeah, I heard you.”

I closed the door behind me. “What happened?”

“Well, I was, uh…you know, kissing Violet…” he looked uncomfortable telling me about kissing a girl, so I just waved my hand.

“You can skip the kissing stuff,” I told him.

He sighed, then continued, “All of a sudden, my hands started shaking and my chest hurt.” He shrugged, “It’s nothing I haven’t been through before.” He looked down and muttered, “It still sucks.”

I sat down cross-legged in front of the toilet and leaned my back against the wall. I knew when Simon got like this, that it was best to just distract him, and not bring up anything about the anxiety. So, as uncomfortable as I was to talk about this…

“It looked like Violet was kissing you back.”

Simon blushed, “You saw us?”

I nodded, “Yeah.”

He looked down at his hands, and then back up at me. “Do you think she likes me?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know.”

The truth was, she did like Simon, but she made me swear not to tell him. And simultaneously, Simon made me swear never to tell her. If these two would just shut up and tell each other that they both felt the same way about each other, I wouldn’t be stuck in the middle.

Simon slumped against the back of the toilet, “Oh.”

I shrugged again, “I think you’d have to ask her that.” I looked at the floor, then back up at Simon, “You wanna call Mom and Dad? Or do you want me to do it?”

“Could you do it?” He asked me.

I nodded and dialed Mom.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

She doesn't know any better??? Poor Corinne it's going all wrong for her. I know that not all twins have the 'twin thing' but Simon and Corinne barely seem to know each other so I'm happy to see them acting friendly. 

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Well, she doesn't really talk to her Mom, and 95% of the things her dad (Jason from book 1) talks about is all the fun he had in middle and high school. As for Simon and Corinne, yeah, part of the character development I wanted was for Simon and Corinne to grow closer together as siblings.

Violet

Marty and I drove home in awkward silence. After him glancing at me for half the ride home, he finally spoke.

“You know,” he said. “I’m not mad.”

I turned to him in surprise, “You…aren’t?”

He shook his head, “No, just a little…curious, that’s all.” He turned to me for a moment and then turned back to the road, “So…who’d you make out with?”

I felt my cheeks warm and I kept my eyes on the road. “Simon.”

I turned to look at Marty a little, and he looked surprised.

“Really? You know, Elliot and Nina say that he really likes you.”

That made me feel all warm inside, but I just shrugged. “No, he doesn’t.”

Marty nodded and laughed, “He does! He lights up like a firework when you look at him.”

As much as I wanted that to be true, I told myself that he couldn’t possibly like me. It wasn’t that I thought I was ugly or anything. It’s just…Bethany’s notes have gotten worse, and my self-confidence was really going downhill.

We were silent again for a moment, then Marty broke the silence.

“Do you like Simon?” He asked.

I was startled for a moment. I wasn’t sure if this was the kind of thing you talked about with parents.

I thought for a moment. I did really like Simon, but after kissing him, I just felt a rush of feelings I’d never felt before, and they were kind of weird, but also nice.

I nodded, “Yeah, I do.”

Marty’s face turned really serious, “You know, now I’m going to have to ban him from coming over, right?”

“What? Really?”

Marty laughed and waved his hand – which was pretty dangerous since he was still driving. “Nah, just kidding. I knew your first kiss was gonna happen. Especially since I was adopting a teenager.”

I grinned sheepishly, “Technically…it wasn’t my first kiss.”

“It wasn’t?” Marty asked. “Who was?”

I shrugged, “Some guy at White Orchid. He was playing truth or dare and was dared to kiss me. So, one day in the mess hall, he kissed me.”

“Did you like it?” He asked.

I shook my head, “No. First off, Trevor Warner was a jerk. Secondly, he didn’t even want to kiss me.”

The question was…would Simon and I kiss again?

Yes.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Seychelles

“Can I ask you something?” I asked Mom that night.

Mom sat down on my bed. “Sure, sweetie, anything.”

I took a deep breath. “What was your first kiss with Dad like?”

Mom looked up at the ceiling, then back at me, “Which one? The first real kiss we had, or the one Grandma made us do?”

Wait… “Grandma made you two kiss?”

Mom nodded, “Yeah. We were caught under the mistletoe while I was helping him decorate his house, and one thing led to another. It only lasted two seconds, though.”

I shook my head, “The, um…the party one you always talk about.”

“Well,” Mom smiled. “It was nice. I remember feeling embarrassed because everyone caught us, and then we kissed again at school in the janitor’s closet.” Mom chuckled, “We had no idea what we were feeling back then.”

I had no idea what I was feeling either. The way Mom said everything about kissing Dad she made it seem…I don’t know, magical. And not to mention that Simon was acting all goofy about his kiss with Violet, now that the anxiety had died down.

I didn’t want to keep talking about kissing, so I just said, “Uh, thanks, I’d been curious about that.”

Mom put a hand on my arm. “Is there something you’d like to talk about?”

I shook my head. “Could you turn off my light? I’m really tired.”

Mom nodded and left the room.

I stared up at the ceiling, thinking about my kiss with Chuck. I just couldn’t stop thinking about why I didn’t enjoy it. I mean, I feel like I like Chuck.

I told myself that I’d tell Nancy and Anne about it at school tomorrow. I would.

“What do you mean you didn’t feel anything?” Nancy asked me at lunch the next day.

I shrugged, “I mean I didn’t feel like the kiss was all that great.”

“Really?” Anne asked. “Randy was a pretty good kisser, maybe we should’ve paired you with him.”

Nancy nodded, “Yeah, so was Josh.”

I wasn’t sure what pairing me with someone else would do. I don’t think I would’ve liked kissing them either.

But I just shrugged.

“Also,” Nancy said. “Maybe it was because Chuck doesn’t quite look like Josh and Randy.”

What the heck did that have to do with anything?

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“You know,” Anne motioned her hands. “He isn’t as hot as them.”

Are you kidding me? So, kissing is only supposed to be enjoyable if it’s someone hot? That made no sense.

But I just muttered, “Yeah, you’re probably right.” And left it at that.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Oh. Now I feel bad for Nancy. Corinne's friends, too, because their whole life seems so fake.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yeah...they'll wise up as they get older. 

Simon Gillespie

I kept sneaking glances at Violet the next day at school, more so than usual.

She probably thought I was some big dork now. A guy who couldn’t even last through one kiss. Pathetic.

I was standing at my locker when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Violet standing there, her arms wrapped around her books.

“Hey,” she said, smiling.

I felt my face warm. Why did I have to think about that kiss every time I looked at her now?

“H-hey,” I said.

She stared at me a little while longer and I thought that she was going to say something about the kiss. But she didn’t.

“Hey, thanks for helping me with Bethany last month,” she said.

That wasn’t what I was expecting, but I just smiled.

“No problem.” I looked down at my feet and then back at her, “You should tell Corinne.”

Violet nodded, “I know. I will.” She looked down at her own feet, and then back at me, “I don’t like people keeping secrets from me, so I figure that I shouldn’t do the same.” She stared at me, “So, are there any secrets that you know of, being kept from me? Ones that I should know?”

Where did that come from? Did she know?

Just for a moment, I thought that I could tell her. I have social anxiety. That’s all I had to say. But…

I shook my head. “No,” I lied.

Violet blinked, “Any at all? Are you sure?”

I nodded, “Yup.”

She sighed, “Okay, then. I, uh, I have to go to class.”

I just stared after her, then shut the door to my locker.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I know what he feels like now. I recently tried to tell my friend something but then I just... Yeah it was weird but I never told anyone before.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Waiting for more! Ha ha remember my first reply to TATWATM? I was such a dork! 

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Oh no! You're gone! Please come back! Oh wait is it the mods not letting stuff through? Mods- LET THE STORY THROUGH!!!!!

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yeah, it can be difficult, I hope you find the courage eventually. Lol, yes, you could look through my posts for my very first post...I was a huge dork. Yeah, Mods aren’t letting it through...I’ll try revising it later, to see if there was anything questionable

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

Knew it.... To the mods- Lucy isn't trying to be inappropriate or mean! It's just a really good book! Please let it through...

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

somebody loves me in the ways that you couldnt

Front sm

agentclue77

Mods-

Please, please, please let this one through! 

Violet

I talked to Simon today.

It was kind of awkward since I was still thinking about that kiss, but I told myself that the kiss only happened because Nancy paired us up. That’s it.

Anyway, I tried to ask him about whatever the heck he was hiding from me. Did I get an answer? No. For the record, he was a terrible liar.

Was he hiding something from me because he was embarrassed and thought I would stop being his friend?  Even if he told me that he had some problem that meant he had to poop every ten minutes every day, I wouldn’t shun him.

I look back and wonder how I didn’t notice that he was making it quite obvious what was wrong.

“Corrine, we need to talk.”

We were sitting on her bed, doing homework. I’d been trying to figure out all day how to tell her about Bethany. I decided to just tell her.

“Vi, if this is about your kiss with Simon, no offense, but it’s kind of an awkward subject,” she said.

I felt my face warm. Gosh, why did she have to bring that up?

I shook my head. “No, no, that’s not what I wanted to tell you.” I took a deep breath, “It’s about Bethany Baker.”

Corinne’s expression suddenly turned concerned. “What about her?”

Just say it. “She’s been bullying me.”

“I’m sorry, she’s been what?” Corinne sounded angry. “What has she been doing?”

I looked down at my hands, “Remember how I said that my science fair project was broken? And I said that maybe someone had accidentally knocked it over?”

Corinne nodded, “I never actually saw it, but I remember you telling me.”

“I don’t think it was an accident. I don’t have proof, but I think that Bethany did it. It didn’t look like it was merely an accident.”

“But why would she do that?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know. If I knew, maybe I could make it stop.”

“Has she done anything else?” Corinne asked.

I nodded, “She’s been leaving me notes. Really bad ones.” I started to tear up as I pulled the lovely one I was given today out of my pocket and handed it to Corinne.

In case you were wondering, it said: No one cares about you. You should just do everyone a favor and kys.

Corinne read over it and said, “Why would she leave you this? And she’s left others like it?”

I nodded, closing my eyes, hoping the tears would stay in. “What did I do wrong that I’m the one she leaves these to? There were a bunch of new kids this year, why am I the only one that this is being done to?”

Corinne put a hand on my arm, “Vi, look at me.”

I looked up, breathing heavily.

“Bethany Baker is a freaking stupid person for doing this to you. She obviously doesn’t know the real you.” Corinne looked at the note again, and then back at me, “This garbage about no one caring about you? It isn’t true.”

“But, what if she’s right–”

Corinne shook her head, “It. Isn’t. True. You hear me? It isn’t. Plenty of people care about you. Me, Simon, Marty, my parents, Nancy, Anne, Chuck. So many people care about you. Bethany Baker can go jump in a lake for all I care. She has no right to be doing this to you.”

I let the tears fall, and I hugged her. “Thank you,” I whispered.

“Any time,” she whispered back.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

Really good.

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

somebody loves me in the ways that you couldnt

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thanks!

Spring

March

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Peru

“Culture week, everyone,” Mrs. Hewitt said. “It’s been going on at this school for ten years, but this is the first time I’ve had the idea to do this.”

I brightened. I loved culture week. Every year I learned something new about some culture. It was amazing.

“This year,” Mrs. Hewitt continued. “Instead of just attending the cultural fair in the gym, I want you to research some of your cultures. Find out your heritage. Your stories. I’ll give you all week to research them, and on Friday you’ll do an oral report in front of the class, sharing what you’ve learned.”

I looked over at Simon, his shoulders slumped at the mention of an oral report. He always struggled with those. Every time we had one, he always had an anxiety attack in the morning.

Although, I was excited. I was excited to learn about my heritage.

“Cor! Wait up!” I could hear Chuck running behind me to catch up on the walk home from school.

I turned around, “What?”

“I need to talk to you,” he shifted uncomfortably, “about what happened last month.”

I internally groaned. I’d been trying to avoid talking about the kiss with Chuck. It was too much of an uncomfortable subject for me to address. Hence why it’d been a month since it happened, and I hadn’t talked about it with him.

“Oh.” Was all I said.

“I don’t know about you, but I liked kissing you,” he said.

That made me uncomfortable. “That’s nice.”

Chuck raised an eyebrow, “That’s nice? Did you like kissing me?”

“Can we not talk about this right now?” I started to walk away again, but he grabbed my arm.

I sighed, “Don’t take this personally, but no. I didn’t like kissing you. But it wasn’t because it was you, it was because it was kissing. Nancy and Anne keep saying that it was because you aren’t hot, or some stupid thing like that. But, I have a feeling that even if I was kissing Josh Voss, I wouldn’t like it.”

Chuck just stared at me, bewildered. “What do you mean?”

I shrugged, “I mean that kissing makes me uncomfortable, and I don’t like it.”

“Why?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know.”

We stood there in an awkward silence, until I finally said, “Can I show you something?”

He nodded, “Sure, why not?”

I smiled, “Follow me.” I took off running towards the maple tree.

When I finally reached it, I grabbed hold of the branches and climbed up to my usual spot. Chuck looked up at me wearily and then tried to make his way up to me. He did mostly fine, until the top when he struggled a little to swing his leg over the branch. I grabbed hold of his wrist and helped him up.

We stared out the magnificent view for a while before Chuck turned to me and asked, “Do you come here every day?”

I nodded, “Every chance I get.”

He smiled at me.

I smiled back and looked back at the view. “I almost feel like, I don’t know like I can see the whole world from here.”

“It is a nice view,” was all Chuck said. “Where do you most want to travel to?”

I looked at him and saw that he was staring at me. “Florence,” I said.

All he did was grin at me. Then, he rested his hand softly on mine.

“Is this okay?” He asked me.

I nodded. I may not have liked kissing and I may not have any interest to do anything beyond that, but this was nice. I liked this.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Yay! But we're all just Violets with different Bethanys. I've been truck by lightning...

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

We really are. I personally had my own Bethany some years back, and it's never fun. Luckily, they moved away, so I don't have to worry about them anymore.

Also...I came with a random little questionnaire thingy for these books for readers to answer...so...

1) Favorite character in TATWATM?

2) Favorite character in TATTATS?

3) Favorite character overall?

4) Ellina (Elliot x Nina) vs. Siolet (Simon x Violet)?

5) Ellina vs. Chuckinne (Corinne x Chuck)?

6) Siolet vs. Chuckinne?

7) TATWATM vs. TATTATS vs. TYIB

8) Favorite scene in TATWATM?

9) Favorite scene in TATTATS (so far)?

10) Favorite scene in TYIB?

Next post will be the next chapter, I promise

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

1) marty

2) corinne

3) kimmy

4) siolet

5) ellina

6) chuckinne

7) TYIB

8) when Marty comes through Nina's window....

9) i don't know.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Actually my favorite scene so far was when Violet asked marty abut Kimmy. I guess i'm addicted to sadness. But for TYIB i don't know i love the whole thing.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Interesting, I love seeing what others think of this series

My answers, if you're curious...

1) Favorite character in TATWATM?

I have to go with Elliot for this one...I had the most fun writing his character

2) Favorite character in TATTATS?

This one's harder since all three of these kids have bits and pieces of me. Simon and Corinne both represent things that I really feel need to be represented, Violet does too. But, ultimately, my favorite character to write is Corinne.

3) Favorite character overall?

Can't choose.

4) Ellina (Elliot x Nina) vs. Siolet (Simon x Violet)?

hnnnnnngggggg...Ellina.

5) Ellina vs. Chuckinne (Corinne x Chuck)?

Ellina.

6) S vs. Chuckinne?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...so far, Siolet, but that may change.

7) TATWATM vs. TATTATS vs. TYIB?

TATTATS

8) Favorite scene in TATWATM?

My favorite scene to write was the last chapter.

9) Favorite scene in TATTATS (so far)?

Okay, it's a scene that hasn't even come up yet, but it's between when Simon tells Violet about the anxiety, and when Corinne finds out what the heck is up with her.

10) Favorite scene in TYIB?

Definitely either the scene where Nina talks to her dad and the Ellina confession

Now...onto the chapter...

Simon Gillespie

Corinne and I decided to take one parent each for our heritage project. We decided that I’d take Mom, and she’d take Dad, so Mom agreed to drive me over to Grandma’s to see what I can find out there.

“Honestly,” Mom said. “If you need anything about my personal life from when I was about your age, I have a load of journals full of those stories. Keeping journals when I got to high school fueled my love of journalism.”

I smiled. Mom was a journalist for one of the news companies in Holmdale. She always said that it was the perfect job for her since she’s loved writing since she was a kid.

“We’re here.” Mom pulled into Grandma’s driveway and the two of us got out of the car.

“You really hung the rejection letter up on the wall?” I asked Grandma.

She’d just told a story of a time when Mom was in high school and she tried to get something published and Grandma decided to hang the rejection letter up on the living room wall.

Grandma nodded, “Sure did.”

“Why?”

“Because when she did get something successfully published, I wanted her to see that letter and see how far she’d come.”

Mom cleared her throat, “Mom, we’re here to learn about heritage, not the mistakes I made in high school.”

Grandma laughed, “Alright, fine.” Grandma handed me another cookie and asked, “You know that your ancestors on this side of the family were German, right?”

I nodded. Mom had told me that part of it. She told me that our ancestors had come to the states in the time of the Nazi’s.

“Well,” Grandma started. “It’s a difficult thing to have to decide that you must flee from your own home country.”

I thought about that. Then thought about the number of people I’d probably be escaping with. That scared me more than the actual escape.

“I can’t even begin to imagine that,” I said.

“When my mother was young – maybe around nine or ten – she had to flee from Germany. Just her and her brother. Her parents were hauled away to a concentration camp, so her brother – who was sixteen at the time – was in charge of her. The two of them boarded a ship to flee to Cuba.”

“Hey, that’s where Violet’s from,” I interrupted.

Grandma was suddenly interested, “Who’s Violet?”

“It’s a new friend of Corinne’s.” Mom lowered her voice and said to Grandma, “And someone who Simon has a crush on.”

“Mom!” I felt my face flame. I changed the subject instead, “Keep going, Grandma.”

Grandma continued, “It was a few weeks before they docked in Cuba. My mother used to say that at that time, Cuba was a beautiful place.”

She pulled out an album, and after flipping through a few pages, she pulled out a drawing. “She loved drawing, and she drew this after being settled in the U.S.”

Grandma handed me the drawing, and I stared at it in awe. I loved it. It was a two-point perspective drawing of a large, palace-like building. It was so intricate a detailed. It like I was staring at a photograph of the building. I could never draw like that.

“Wow,” I breathed.

“Do you like it?” Grandma asked.

I nodded, “It’s beautiful. Can I take it to school for my project?”

Grandma nodded, “Just keep it safe.”

I smiled. I wanted to show this picture to Violet.

Grandma continued to tell me about her Mom, and how after Cuba, they were in Miami, and eventually, ended up in Holmdale, where she was born.

I liked hearing these stories. It made me sort of understand why Corinne was so obsessed with cultural stories like this.

“What’d you think?” Mom asked me, driving home from Grandma’s house that afternoon.

“It was amazing,” I said. “I can’t wait to tell Corinne about it when we get home.”

Mom smiled, “I’m glad you liked it. I know this is normally Corinne’s thing.”

I nodded, “Yeah. I really liked it anyway.”

We kept driving a little longer in silence. I liked silent car rides. I never felt bored on them or anything. I just loved watching everything pass by in the windows.

Mom broke the silence, “So, tell me about Violet.”

That startled me. “What about her? She comes over almost every day to hang out with Corinne. She’s Corinne’s best friend, not mine.”

“I mean, tell me about her through your eyes. Your father and I know very well that you have a crush on her. We were eighth-graders with middle-school crushes at some point too.” Mom said.

I believed it. I know a lot of people have a hard time thinking about their parents as kids, but Mom and Dad talked about their childhood so much, that it felt like a book or a movie, playing out in my head when I thought about it.

For one of Mom and Dad’s anniversaries, I painted a picture of Mom, Dad, and Marty as middle schoolers, using the pictures that I found of them. I had labeled it: The Astronomer, the Writer, and the Mathematician (upon Dad’s request after giving it to them).

“Well,” I said. “I don’t know what it is about her. She just- she’s crazy smart in science.”

Mom smiled, “Marty was that way in math. She and Marty make a good team.”

I nodded.

“Tell me more.”

I thought for a moment. “Well, she’s also really nice. Bethany Baker has been being not-so-nice to her at school, and she hasn’t taken any of that out on Corinne or me.”

Mom nodded, “Your sister told me about the Bethany Baker stuff. Poor girl. In eighth grade, Vance Baker and Marty got into a fight.”

“History repeats itself,” I muttered.

“I’m glad she hasn’t been taking it out on you though. I know that wouldn’t be good for you.”

I nodded, “Yeah, it wouldn’t.”

“Speaking of which,” Mom said, putting a hand on my knee. “You’ve been doing really well with the anxiety.”

I looked down at my hands, “Thank you.” I looked up at the road, “I’ve been stressing like crazy over a stupid oral presentation.”

“You’ll do great,” Mom assured me.

“Thanks,” I mumbled.

It didn’t matter how many times someone told me that I’d be fine, I was never fine.

“I’ll just take some of the vitamins that morning,” I told her.

Mom nodded, keeping her eyes on the road.

I really hoped I’d be fine that day.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

You can do it Simon! I am reading Code Talkers now, it's about the Navajos in WWII. Plus im a Jew so I know lots of stuff about that, and my great- grandparents also went through that. But they were in Hungary. So that's what I have in common with S&C. Also: were TATWATM in the past, and TATTATS are now, or TATWATM are from now and this is in the future. Probably that, because I think a part of TATWATM mentions Ed Sheeran...

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Please.... more.... 

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Interesting...my great-grandparents were refugees from Cuba in the late 1960s, which was the inspiration for what Violet's story is going to be... As for the time eras, TATWATM takes place in 2017-2018, and TATTATS takes place in the future, seeing as there's mention of floating buildings and holographic school schedules and stuff. My original plan was to have TATWATM take place in the 90s and TATTATS take place in 2017-2018, but went with this one instead.

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Portugal

“How’s your research going?” Nancy asked me in the library that day.

I looked up from the book I was reading about Irish history. Turns out, Gillespie was Irish.

“Hey, maybe that’s why you’re so short,” Simon told me when I told him what I’d discovered. “Because you’re a leprechaun.”

I’d reminded him that he was Irish too. He shut up after that.

“Pretty good,” I told Nancy. “How about yours?”

“It turns out I’m from Africa,” she told me sarcastically.

We both knew that her mom’s side had to be from Africa.

I laughed, “You researching your mom, huh?”

Nancy nodded, “Of course, I can barely get any information out of her.”

I was silent a moment. Nancy’s mom was really never home, as she was always on some business trip or something. And when she was home, she was always doing work related things. I wondered where all that work money went, seeing as that Nancy lived in a small two-bedroom apartment.

“It sucks, you know?” Nancy said, not looking at me. “I mean, Dad does things, but he’s busy too.”

I put a hand on her arm, “I’m sorry.”

She looked at me and shook her head, “Anyways, I called my grandpa to ask him about it. He said that his parents started out in South Africa, and then they ended up in Louisiana in the sixties...” Her voice trailed off.

I thought back to what we had learned in history about the southern states in the sixties. I won’t go into too much detail about it, but let’s just say that colored people were basically treated like pond scum.

“Anyway,” she continued. “In the early two-thousands, my mom’s side of the family came here to Holmdale, where my parents met.”

“It sounds like it’d make a great story,” I told her.

Nancy nodded, “At least Mom’s good for that.” And then, she left.

I sat there, thinking about moms. Violet’s was gone, and Nancy’s might as well be, for all the time she’s there. I wondered what it’d be like if my mom wasn’t there. I didn’t think Mom would do that, though. Apparently, her dad left when she was eleven, and she promised herself that she’d be a better parent than he ever was.

I thought about what I’d be like as a mom. That thought was immediately squandered by the reminder that I didn’t want anything to do with the process to actually have a kid. We’d learned all about that in science class last year, and it was gross. I asked myself, how could I want to have kids, but not want to get all intimate and stuff?

My thoughts were interrupted by Violet sitting down at the table.

“I need your help,” she whispered.

I looked at her, “With what?”

“With,” her voice lowered to a whisper. “Sneaking into the White Orchid Orphanage.”

mods please let this through!

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Wow, that was really good. And I agree with Corinne. It is sooo nasty! Let them pop out the ground, like daisies.... 

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Thanks! I know right? Or what about a pumpkin patch? Can that be what happens?

Also, did I base Heather on Carmelita Spats...?

...maybe...

Violet

“Why are we doing this, again?” Corinne asked me, riding up to White Orchid.

“Well, I obviously don’t have parents to ask about my heritage.” It hurt a little to say that aloud. “And I can’t research Marty’s heritage, because that isn’t mine. So, I have to come here.”

“What about online birth records?” Corinne asked me.

“That’ll be my last resort.”

I knew very well that the front door would be locked, but for some reason, the back door never was. Corinne and I snuck around the back and I twisted the knob of the door, letting us in. The back door led into none other than the…storage closet.

I eased the closet door open and looked out into the hall. Clear. I stepped out and motioned Corinne to do the same.

Being back here brought back all kinds of memories. None of them were very good. In fact, this hallway was where my room – and dozen other girls’ – was. I stood there a moment, taking it all in. Being back made all the good feelings I’d gotten since being adopted by Marty disappear, being replaced by bad ones.

Corinne put a hand on my shoulder, “You okay?”

I nodded, “Yeah, let’s just get this over with.”

It was at that moment that I heard Heather Mahoney’s high-pitched voice call out from the end of the hall, “Violet?

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and opened them just before turning around. “Hey, Heather,” I said.

Heather marched forward, her hands on her hips, and her red curls bouncing up and down. She wore that ugly smirk on her freckled face now, and I knew I was going to get it.

“What’re you doing here?” She asked me. “I thought you got adopted.”

The way she said this is what bugged me. Like I didn’t deserve to get adopted.

She scoffed, “Did your new family drop you off here? Were they getting annoyed of your constant ‘scientific fun facts’?”

For some reason, it was easier to try and ignore Heather than Bethany. First off, Heather didn’t tell me to die, Heather was just annoying.

I grabbed Corinne’s arm and tried to pull her away from Heather. “Let’s just go,” I muttered.

Corinne pushed past me, though, and stood right in front of Heather. Heather was older than Corinne and me by a few years, but the two of them stood eye-to-eye with each other.

“And who might you be?” Heather asked Corinne.

Corinne crossed her arms, “I’m Violet’s best friend, and I don’t appreciate you saying those things to the smartest girl I know. What do you know about science anyway?”

Heather just stared at her, turned around, and walked away muttering, “Weirdo has an even weirder friend.”

Corinne looked back to me, “How did you deal with her every day without wanting to punch her in the face?”

I shrugged, “I honestly have no idea.”

Corinne’s nervousness about sneaking in seemed to have faded after our run-in with Heather. It just made me more nervous, though. Our run-in with Heather meant that we’d need to be more careful in here.

I was just about to tell Corinne that, when I heard, “Violet Alvarez? What on earth are you doing here?”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Uh oh. I think Violet knows what Simon feels like a little bit. And maybe, about Heather. That is such a mean girl name. It's pretty funny because me and my friend just named our mean girl character Heather. Then I read about this Heather. Ha ha.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yeah...she definitely understands some of what he feels like, obviously he feels it to a higher degree, though. Lol, great minds think alike.

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Botswana

I turned around to see a plump old woman with short, curly hair staring at us, an angry, but confused expression on her face.

Violet smiled sheepishly, “Hi, Mrs. Flannigan.”

Oh. So this is who Violet always talked about.

“She doesn’t look like a monster,” I whispered to Violet.

Mrs. Flannigan crossed her arms, “I didn’t think I’d see you back here. Where’s your new father?”

Violet shook her head, “He’s not uh, he’s not here right now.”

Mrs. Flannigan raised an eyebrow, “Really? Then, what are you doing here?”

“I’m here for a school assignment,” Violet replied nonchalantly.

“And what could that possibly be?”

Violet took a deep breath, “I need to research my heritage, and I thought that maybe you had some kind of information about my parents.”

Mrs. Flannigan crossed her arms, “I do. It’s not a lot, but I have it.”

Violet started grinning.

Mrs. Flannigan held up a hand, “However, you’ll need to bring it back when you’re done with your project, and you can’t tell your peers where you got it.”

“Why?” Violet asked.

“Because I said so,” Mrs. Flannigan said. “Now, come here and get it before I change my mind.”

Violet followed her into the office and I waited outside, taking this place in.

Violet lived here practically her whole life? It all looked so old, definitely didn’t look like any buildings now. And after our run-in with one of the kids who lived here, it didn’t seem like the quality of the building was Violet’s biggest problem here.

Violet stepped out of the office then, holding a file in her hand, and I could hear Mrs. Flannigan’s screechy voice call, “And make sure to bring it back when you’re done!”

“Ready?” I asked Violet.

Violet nodded, “Yeah, let’s just get out of here.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Why do I get the feeling something illegal is going on?

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Because the orphanage might very well be illegal

Violet

I’d learned their names. Samuel and Melanie Alvarez.

There was a picture of them in there too. I took it out and ran my hand over it. I could see it now. I had my dad’s big brown eyes, and my mom’s wavy-black hair. My mom’s nose and my dad’s smile. I was definitely their kid.

I put the picture on my wall and kept sifting through the papers. There were a lot of contracts, but I liked seeing their signatures. After looking through a bunch of contracts, I found a letter in, presumably, my mom’s handwriting.

Violetta-

I’m so sorry that we have to do this. Due to the recent laws made in the U.S., your father and I are being deported back to Cuba. Cuba right now is a terrible place, and we will not be treated with respect from the government. We’d never want our little girl to grow up in an environment like that. So, while this is extremely difficult, we are putting you in the White Orchid Orphanage, in the hopes that a nice family will adopt you.

May we see each other again someday,

Melanie and Samuel Alvarez

I ran my hand over the letter, tears falling onto the page, staining it. I didn’t care what Ms. Flannigan said, there was no way I was giving this back. The contract stuff, sure. But the picture and the letter? Fat chance.

I sat there a moment, thinking when a thought hit me. This letter never said that they died. It just said they were deported. There was still a chance that they could be alive. I mean, it wasn’t very likely…but still.

Suddenly, a ray of hope seemed to light up the dark world.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Oh my gosh!!! That is SO COOL!!! And also she's in 7th grade, right? I'm in 7th and I had to do a roots project this year too.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

1 , , 3 , , 5 , 6