Do you like it?

Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

PC90-

Yeah...and the few times he wasn't using it, I was at my aunt's house, who doesn't have internet.

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Singapore

The first day of school went pretty well. Well, other than when Simon had another episode and I had to go try and calm him down.

Chuck Loski had been assigned as my lab partner and I was waiting for him with Violet now because he wanted my help on the history homework assigned to us. I’d known Chuck since kindergarten, and we were always pretty good friends.

“So.” I turned to Violet. “How was your first day at a new school?”

“It was actually better than I thought it’d be,” she responded.

We watched as Simon walked to us, head down and fidgeting his thumbs.

“Do you know what’s up with Simon?” Violet asked me.

I bit my lip. Simon didn’t like people to know about his anxiety issues. He was always afraid people would treat him differently for having a mental disorder. And I knew for a fact that he had a crush on Violet, so I didn’t think he would’ve appreciated me telling her, even if she was becoming my best friend.

I looked down, “He’s just really shy.”

Violet sighed and looked straight ahead, “Yeah, that’s Marty said.”

Simon eventually made it up to us and Chuck followed behind him.

I could tell the Simon didn’t want to ride home with one more person added to our group, so I just told him, “Why don’t you head home with Violet and I’ll wait for Chuck?”

Simon shot me a grateful glance and he got on his bike to ride home with Violet.

I sighed and looked at Chuck, “So, do you want to do this at my house or your house?”

“Your house is good,” Chuck said, and got on his bike for us to start the ride home.

Chuck started talking about not being able to wait until wrestling practice started. He’d joined the wrestling team last year and he really liked it. In fourth grade kids decided to start calling him fat, so he decided to join the wrestling team when he got to middle school. He was pretty good at it.

Eventually, we made it to my house and found Simon and Violet working on their science homework. Violet was helping him out with some formula and they had their heads pressed together. Simon looked like he was about to melt right there on the spot.

Violet looked up and saw Chuck and I standing there. She instantly moved to her own paper and Simon turned bright red.

“Hey,” Violet said. “Just helping Simon out with some science.”

“I can see that,” I said, shooting a smirk at Simon. Simon glared at me. “Well,” I continued. “Chuck and I are going to go do some homework in the kitchen, so we’ll leave you two alone.”

Chuck and I started for the kitchen where Mom was making dinner.

“Hey, does Simon like the new girl?” Chuck asked, setting his books down on the table.

I nodded, “Big time.”

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Don't you forget about me

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Life's tough. I'm tougher.

I wish  all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

ʊռɨƈօʀռ

| ISFP | Libra | Elysium | Scriptor | Ravenclaw |

Triplets: Penny/Vixen and Samurai

Flip: Pony

3/30/18

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90 & Lizzy-

Your wish is granted!

Violet

School rolled on. I was glad to be going to a mainstream school instead of the one classroom we had for each grade at White Orchid. There was something I couldn’t figure out though.

That brunette girl that glared at me the first day of school while I was telling the class about myself, kept doing that. Every time I would look in her general direction, I’d see her glaring at me. I kept telling myself that she was probably glaring at someone or something behind me. But today, she spoke to me.

“Hey, new girl.” She said to me at my locker as I was putting my books away to go to lunch.

I turned around, “Hey.”

“Look,” she said. “I’m not saying that you suck or anything like that, all I’m saying is that people like you will never matter at this school, no matter how much people try to tell you otherwise.” And with that, she was gone.

I stood there, speechless. What was that all about? And what did she mean people like me? Did she mean Hispanic kids? Because there were a lot more kids like me at this school in that sense. Did she mean because I’m smart and like science? Or…did she mean because I’m adopted?

Whatever it was, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I know it shouldn’t have bothered me as much as it did because none of the kids at the orphanage were really all that nice to me either, but it did. It bothered me a lot.

I didn’t even want to go to lunch at this point, so I just found the janitor’s closet and sat on one of the buckets in there, thinking.

I thought back to what she had told me: people like you will never matter at this school.

What if she was right?

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

wait have like this great voice in my head for the blonde (good job with orginaity!!) brunette girl.

Also, It would be cool if we did an rp of this (if we did please save violet or corinne, they are both pretty cool)

• Posted at:

ʊռɨƈօʀռ

3/30/18

Front sm

proudcat90

Yeah nice idea! I’m a blonde so I hate when there are blonde bullies. It’s like, hey, I’m a blonde too & Im really nice!!!

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

somebody loves me in the ways that you couldnt

Front sm

agentclue77

Lizzy-

Cool idea! I personally don't have time to RP, but if you two want to do it, go right ahead!

PC90-

Yeah, thanks! I wanted to create some originality there, so...

Simon Gillespie

I saw Bethany Baker talking to Violet right before lunch yesterday. That was a bad sign. Bethany’s dad, Vance, knew my parents and Marty, and let’s just say that Vance wasn’t too nice to Marty back in the day. And, from the conversations I’ve had with Bethany, she wasn’t exactly a saint either.

Don’t get the wrong idea, though. Bethany wasn’t the queen bee that ruled the school or anything. The most popular girl in school was Nancy Harrington, who was really nice and smart.

Anyway, after Bethany talked to Violet, I didn’t see her at lunch. And when I did see her in science class, she seemed distracted. Which was odd, since science was her best and favorite class.

I asked her about it after a half hour of her staring off into space.

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Fine.” Was all she said.

I knew from Corinne that fine never meant fine. So, I didn’t let her stop there.

“Really?” I asked her. “Because you don’t seem fine.”

“I’m fine, okay Simon?” She retorted. She said it rather harshly, which made me nervous.

I hated it when people got mad at me. And it wasn’t the usual I don’t like it when people are mad at me that everyone gets, it was more like I started fidgeting and my breathing turned into mild hyperventilating.

I didn’t say anything more to her.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

PC90-do u want to make the rp or do u want me to?

• Posted at:

ʊռɨƈօʀռ

3/30/18

Front sm

proudcat90

U can. But it’s so cute it’s all the old peeps’ kids!

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90-

Thanks! I kind of wanted to do what BOY MEETS WORLD-GIRL MEETS WORLD or FULL HOUSE-FULLER HOUSE did

Violet

If something good was coming out of today, it was that Corinne had told me that after school, we were going to go to Skateland Daze.

In case you didn’t know, Skateland Daze was this huge roller rink that was suspended above the ground. I’d never been to it, but I could always see it from my bedroom window at White Orchid. I could always see the way it glittered at night when all the lights were on. I loved trying to figure out what made it float like that. And now, I’m getting to go to it.

I hadn’t told Corinne about what that girl had said to me, but I thought Simon suspected something. Well, that makes two of us. He’s definitely hiding something from me. I’m just not sure what yet.

The three of us rode our bikes to the roller rink, and I could see the big dome building above us. I’d studied it for ­years, but I still couldn’t figure out what made it float like that. From my vantage point at the orphanage, I couldn’t figure out how people got up there. Now, I could see that there were clear floating stairs that we had to climb.

I grinned for the first time today. I couldn’t wait to get up there.

When we got up there, I could finally see the interior of it as well as I’d always wanted to. They had a seating area where you could buy snacks from a concession stand and eat them there. The roller rink itself had it’s main lights off, and the colored lights turned on to their brightest, and the skates glowed in the dark of the rink. They were playing old songs. Songs from the 2010’s era.

Something really stupid occurred to me at that point. I had absolutely no idea how to roller skate. I know, I know; I should’ve realized that before we came all the way over here. Although, it couldn’t be too hard. It was all physics, right?

I let Corinne know, though, while we were lacing our skates up.

“Oh, don’t worry,” she said. “I’ll teach you.”

I smiled, “Thanks.”

I noticed Simon off to the side, sitting in one of the chairs, skates next to him, his sketchbook out.

“Isn’t he going to skate?” I asked Corinne.

She shrugged, “I don’t know. He probably will when he feels like it.”

I stood up and clumsily walked over to him, trying not to fall with the skates on.

“Hey,” I said.

He quickly turned his sketchbook to another page and looked up, “Hey.”

I wondered what he was drawing that he was so embarrassed to let me see. I saw the page he had flipped to, though. It was a sketch of Skateland Daze. It was so detailed, I loved it.

“Wow,” I breathed.

He looked up at me, sheepishly, “Thanks.”

I smiled, “No problem.” I looked down at his drawing and then back at him. “Are you gonna skate?”

Simon looked out towards where a bunch of kids were already skating. He adjusted his glasses and shrugged, “Maybe.”

I nodded, and then clumsily trotted back to where Corinne was waiting for me.

She grinned, “You ready?”

I nodded. She grabbed my arm to help guide me towards the rink.

All I had to do was use Isaac Newton’s third law of motion to go forward. Simple, right?

Wrong.

The minute I tried to push myself, I fell forward, flat on my face. “I didn’t include the X-factor.” I groaned from the floor.

“And, what is that?” Corinne asked, skating forward to help me up.

“That I suck at this.”

“You do not suck,” Corinne assured me. “You just don’t have practice. You think I could climb up my maple tree on the first try?”

“Yes!” Simon called out.

Corinne glared at him and looked back at me sheepishly, “That…that’s not the point. The point is that something like this takes practice and dedication.”

I let her help me up and continue to try and teach me. After about an hour, I was starting to get the hang of it. If I just kept thinking of it as physics, then I was more motivated to keep going.

I realized that speeding up was just a simple equation from Newton’s second law of motion: F=MxA (force=mass x acceleration). Stopping was harder to get the hang of. It included a lot of friction, but I was still having trouble with getting the hang of that.

Nonetheless, I wasn’t a skating master after an hour, but I was still better than when I started. At least I could go without falling. I couldn’t do all these crazy tricks, or even stop yet, but I was going to try.

After that hour, Corinne asked me if I wanted to go o the concession stand and get something to eat.

“We’ll have dinner at my parent’s house since Marty is going over there today, but might as well get some snacks, for now, right?” She asked me.

I nodded.

“Simon,” she said to him when we walked up to him.

He slammed his sketchbook shut. “Don’t do that!”

“Why?” She asked, smirking. “What were you drawing there?”

He was bright red at this point, “It’s none of your business.”

She leaned forward and whispered something to him and he turned darker red and shook his head rapidly.

Corinne straightened up again and said, “Anyway, we’re going to go get some snacks, do you want to come, or…” she smirked again, “Do you want to keep drawing?”

“I’ll, uh,” he cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses. “I’ll go with you guys.”

I smiled, “Great.”

“Lemme just get my things.”

Corinne nodded, “Cool. We’re going to go ahead, okay?”

Simon nodded.

Corinne and I bought our stuff, and she bought stuff for Simon, claiming that she’ll just have him pay her back later.

It was just a pretzel and a bottle of Sprite, but it felt…nice. Nice to have something to buy stuff for me. Nice to be able to do things like this. It was…exhilarating.

Simon joined us just after we bought our stuff and we made our way to a table to sit.

It was then that I saw her. That girl from school. I shouldn’t have been surprised that she was here since there were a bunch of other kids from school here too, but I was.

I turned to Corinne, “Hey, what’s her name?”

She looked at the girl, “Who? Her?”

I nodded.

“Yeah, that’s Bethany Baker. Her dad went to school with my parents and Marty,” Simon said.

I sunk down low in my seat, so she wouldn’t see me, “Really?”

Simon nodded, “Apparently her dad wasn’t too nice to Marty when they were in middle school.”

“Oh,” was all I said.

Thank God she didn’t see me, but it didn’t matter. I just wanted to go home by that point.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

hmm... okay when this is done i will post the rp as soon as i can

• Posted at:

ʊռɨƈօʀռ

3/30/18

Front sm

proudcat90

I hate Bethany! And I think we all know who Simon is drawing...

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90-

Yes, yes, that sure is the point. Bethany becomes a recurring character, too, just you wait

Simon Gillespie

A little more shading on the side of her face, to indicate where the light was hitting her. I needed some more in her hair too.

I was so concentrated in the drawing that I didn’t notice Violet standing over me.

“Hey,” she said.

He quickly turned my sketchbook to another page and looked up, “Hey.”

I didn’t want her to see that I had been drawing her because I didn’t want to seem like a creepy stalker, because I wasn’t.

She was looking down at the sketchbook now, and I looked down at the page. It was the one-point perspective piece I did on Skateland Daze about a year ago. Honestly, I didn’t think it was that good. The people skating looked all wrong. But Violet looked like she loved it.

“Wow,” she breathed.

I looked up at her, sheepishly, “Thanks.”

She smiled, “No problem.” She looked down at the drawing again, smiling at it, and then back she met my eyes again. “Are you gonna skate?”

I looked out towards where a bunch of kids were already skating. I adjusted my glasses and shrugged, “Maybe.”

The truth was, I didn’t think I would today. It was fuller than usual, and I didn’t feel like accidentally crashing into some kid and then not being able to find the words to apologize. Plus, I wanted to keep working on the drawing.

She nodded, and then she headed back to where Corinne was waiting for her.

I stared at her little longer and then went back to my drawing.

I heard a thud and I looked up to see Violet on the floor. She groaned and said something about the fact that she sucked at skating. I heard Corinne asking her if Violet thought that she could climb the tree her first time.

That annoyed me because I knew for a fact that Corinne most definitely could climb that dumb tree her first time. She just looked at it and ran to climb it. So, I told her that yes, she could climb it the first time, which earned me a glare from her.

I just went back to my sketch. I was giving some definition to Violet’s eyes, and unfortunately for me, I had zoned out again, because I didn’t notice Violet and Corinne until they were right over me.

“Simon,” I heard Corinne say.

I slammed my sketchbook shut. “Don’t do that!”

“Why?” She asked me, smirking. “What were you drawing there?”

My face was burning at this point, “It’s none of your business.” God, I hoped Violet hadn’t seen the drawing. She was going to think I was some stalker or something.

She leaned forward and whispered, “Lemme guess, that was Violet you were drawing.”

Why did she have to whisper so loud? I was sure Violet heard her, so I just shook my head, sure that my face was probably the color of a tomato.

Corinne straightened up again and said, “Anyway, we’re going to go get some snacks, do you want to come, or…” she smirked again, “Do you want to keep drawing?”

Please just shut up right now, is what I wanted to tell her. What I actually said was, “I’ll, uh, I’ll go with you guys.”

This wasn’t an anxiety attack, so much as I didn’t want Violet to find out about my crush on her, but it was still not enjoyable.

Violet smiled which made my heart jump a little, “Great.”

“Lemme just get my things.” Was all I said.

Corinne nodded, “Cool. We’re going to go ahead, okay?”

I’m not sure what I did, I think I nodded. They walked off and I took one last look at my drawing and put the sketchbook in my backpack.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

Bump!

• Posted at:

THE NAMES TAYLOR. GIRLS RULE! RP Queen!

I like Miraculous Ladybug!

I'm just a girl who likes to rp.

I also like to write stories.

Star Wars Rp!: /339111

Mummy Rp: /339330

Front sm

proudcat90

Ookay...

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

I was a little confused at this part:

He quickly turned my sketchbook to another page and looked up, “Hey.”

Did someone else turn the pages in his sketchbook???

Anyway, the rest was pretty amazing

• Posted at:

ʊռɨƈօʀռ

3/30/18

Front sm

agentclue77

Lizzy-

No, it was a typo, it was supposed to say: I quickly turned my sketchbook to another page and looked up, “Hey.”

Guess who has a cast in mind now because I'm garbage?

Simon Gillespie - Louis Hynes

Corinne Gillespie - Jade Pettyjohn

Violet Alvarez/Brewer - Isabela Moner

Adult Elliot - Owen Wilson

Adult Nina - Sandra Bullock (think, 1994-1995 Sandra Bullock)

Adult Marty - Rider Strong

Bethany Baker (Vance's Daughter) - Rowan Blanchard (think how she looks in A WRINKLE IN TIME)

Nancy Harrington (Jason's daughter) - Storm Reid

Chuck Loski - Jeremy Ray Taylor

Josh Voss (Rhiannon's son) - Uriah Shelton

Violet

“I remember that picture,” Marty said, flipping through another page of his eighth-grade yearbook.

We were on the floor in the Gillespie’s living room flipping through old yearbooks. What I was really interested in though, was trying to find a picture of Bethany’s dad. I was curious about what he looked like.

I looked over at Marty’s yearbook, and he was looking under B. I pointed to a picture of a boy with dark brown hair and dark eyes. The name read: Vance Baker. That had to be him.

“Who’s that?” I asked Marty, playing dumb. I didn’t want anyone to know what Bethany had told me.

Marty looked at the picture, “Oh, that’s Vance. Good guy.”

Mr. Gillespie looked up, “Good guy? Didn’t you fight him in the cafeteria in eighth grade?”

Marty nodded, “Yes, but now that we’re both sensible adults, we’ve grown to be pretty good acquaintances.”

Mrs. Gillespie snorted, “Okay, then.”

Marty looked at me, “Why’d you ask?”

I shrugged. “He looked familiar,” was all I said.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I have no time anymore! I have a million tests and so much HW. I'm reading 4 books (including this and between TATWATM and TATTATS) and co- writing one. But this is always awesome!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

BRACHA

I wish  all the misery, pain, worries, EVERYTHING, time itself, would stop, just pause a bit...

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90-

I really appreciate that even though you don't have a lot of time, you still try to read my story, that means a lot

Violet

You’d think that Bethany would leave me alone after her rude little comment, right? Wrong.

It wasn’t just her anymore, either. She’d turned a few of her little cronies on me when I never even did anything to them! Bethany really never said anything to me directly anymore, she’d just shoot me dirty looks in the halls and stuff notes through the vents of my locker.

The notes started out as just one at a time, but then it started getting to the point where I’d have a little pile of notes at the end of every school day. I tried not to read them. Tried to tell myself that I didn’t need that kind of negativity in my life. But for some stupid reason, I’d always read them.

I’m not going to sit here and tell you what they were because, to be honest, a lot of them didn’t really make any sense. But…it didn’t matter whether they made sense or not. What mattered was that they hurt. Even if I didn’t want them to. They still did.

“Watcha reading there?” Corinne.

I slammed my locker door shut. I didn’t want her to know that Bethany was doing this.

“Nothing,” I said.

Corinne raised an eyebrow, “Nothing?”

I nodded. “Yeah, just, some history notes, not a big deal.”

Corinne looked at me like she didn’t believe me, then nodded, unconvinced, “Okay, then.”

She left to go find Simon and I opened the door again. I looked at the noted and took a deep breath.

They don’t really mean anything, I told myself. She’s just…jealous, that’s all.

I didn’t really believe that, though.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

Oh no you’re gone again. I guess we all have lives.

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90-

Sorry, sorry, been revising the next few chapters!

mods please let this through!

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Nicaragua

I noticed Violet reading something at her locker, so I asked about it. And it was pretty obvious that she was lying to me, but I didn’t press too much farther, even if I wanted to.

Anyway, I was with Nancy Harrington and Anne Mackey, walking to our next class, when I had a weird encounter. Josh Voss was walking down the hall and passed us, then, he fixated on me, smirked, and winked at me.

Nancy and Anne practically fainted at Josh’s encounter with us (could you even call it that?) and started giggling.

I looked at them, “What are you giggling about? He literally just looked at us.”

“No, he didn’t,” Nancy said. “He winked at us. More specifically, at you.”

I shrugged, “So?”

Anne’s eyes widened, “What do you mean so? He’s the hottest guy in school!”

I cringed a little. I didn’t really like referring to people as hot. If other people did it, fine, whatever, but it made me kind of uncomfortable.

“You don’t think he’s hot?” Nancy asked me.

I shrugged again, “He’s aesthetically pleasing, sure, but that doesn’t mean that I want to go suddenly make out with him.”

Nancy shrugged, “I kind of do.”

What they started talking about next was kind of gross, so I won’t give you specifics, but I will say that I didn’t understand it. Not one bit.

I’d come to find out that there was a reason for that.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

Eeew!!! That sounds so gross.

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90-

Glad we share the same thoughts as Corinne on that

Winter

December

Simon Gillespie

I had very mixed feelings about Christmas break. On the one hand, I liked being home from school and all that stuff, but what I didn’t like were the parties. They weren’t even crazy parties, just hanging out with the family at fancy dinners.

I did see Aunt Allison this year. She and Uncle Brett were constantly traveling so we didn’t see them that often. They did always bring us things from their travels. Corinne told me that when she grows up, she wants to be like Allison and travel everywhere.

This year, though, we didn’t have a big family dinner, which was nice. It was just Allison, Brett, Marty, Violet, and the four of us. I did have to go to my room for a minute and draw a little before going back downstairs.

Everyone spent the night, too. Allison and Brett slept in the guest room, Marty slept on one of the couches (Dad spent some of the night on the couches before Mom made him come upstairs to sleep), and Violet slept in Corinne’s room. I could hear Violet and Corinne talking until midnight.

In the morning, we exchanged gifts. I gave everyone paintings. Except for Corinne. She prefers pencil sketches, so I gave her one of a globe with a bunch of world wonders all over it.

I wished the other years could’ve been like this one.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

Is it weird that I feel like Simon about parties?

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90-

Not at all! A lot of introverts feel that way, not just people with anxiety

Violet

“Hey, Violet, right?” A black girl asked me at Skateland Daze that day.

I nodded, “Yeah. We have English class together. You’re Nancy, right?”

She nodded, her dark curls bouncing, “Yeah. Anyway, I’m having a New Year’s party next week, do you want to come?”

I nodded, smiling. After Bethany’s nice little comments, it was nice to be invited to a party from the most popular girl in school.

“Are Simon and Corinne coming too?” I asked her.

Nancy nodded again, “I’m going to ask them right now.”

I watched Nancy go over to where Simon and Corinne were lacing their skates up, and grinned.

Speaking of skates, I’ve been improving on my skating quite a bit. I got the hang of stopping now. I did try spinning at one point but fell over again. I still needed to get the hang of that one.

Simon was really good at skating, though. He said that he’d help me today, so Corinne could go skate on her own. I liked Corinne a lot, but I haven’t really spent that much time with Simon, so I was glad to be spending some time with him.

“When can I learn how to spin?” I asked him, after he showed me how to jump.

Jumping was actually pretty hard to do. I had gotten the gliding part down, it was just the landing after the jump that I had trouble with.

“Spinning is really hard,” Simon told me. “I still don’t know how to spin.”

“Oh,” I said. I was hoping it’d be easier. Well, I guess I knew better.

“It’s alright,” Simon said, having me follow him to the seats to sit down. “You’re really good.”

I smiled, and my face warmed a little, “Thank you.”

He smiled back and stared at me.

We sat there a moment, staring at each other then, I said, “Did you get invited to Nancy Harrington’s party?”

He nodded, “I don’t know if I’ll go, though.”

“Why?” I asked.

He looked like he wanted to tell me something. Something important. But he just shrugged and said, “Parties just aren’t my thing.”

“I’ll be there,” I said. “You can hang out with me the whole time.”

He mulled it over a second, then said, “Okay, I’ll try it out.”

I grinned, “Great.” I looked down, then back up to meet his eyes. “By the way, I really like the painting you gave me.”

He had given me a cool poster like painting with a bunch of different names of scientists, and then their most popular theory above their name.

He smiled really big, “Thank you. I worked really hard on it.”

“Well, I love it,” I told him.

His smiled got even bigger, which spread to my face.

At that moment, there was an announcement that they were doing the couple’s skating dance thing right now, and I saw a bunch of people pair up and head to the rink.

I turned to Simon and held out my hand, “Do you want to…” I motioned towards the rink.

Simon just stared at my hand, then back up at my face, “Really?” He was trying to suppress a smile.

I nodded, “Yeah.” I took his hand and helped him stand up, “C’mon.”

Simon followed, and holding hands, the two of us half-walked half-skated to the rink.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

More please!

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Granted!

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Ireland

Nancy’s New Year’s party was tonight.

Mom and Dad had agreed to let Simon and me go since Nancy’s parents were hosting something in the actual apartment for the adults, while Nancy’s thing was going to be on the roof.

Nancy set the roof up rather nicely. She had strung up some colored lights and had a refreshments bar with snacks and soda and stuff. I liked it, and it looked like Violet did too.

I looked at Simon, “You okay?”

He nodded, taking a deep breath, “I took a few of the vitamins in the car on the way here. I should be fine.”

I put a hand on his shoulder, “Come find me if you start to feel anxious, okay?”

He nodded again and then went to stand near the edge of the roof.

“Glad you could make it!” I heard Nancy say, and she gave me a hug.

I hugged her back and she went to greet some other kids that had come in.

“Hey, Cor!” I turned around to see Chuck.

I grinned, “Hey. I didn’t know you were invited.”

He nodded, smiling, “You look nice tonight.”

I grinned, “Thanks. You look nice too.”

I meant it. He did look nice. I hoped he didn’t take it the wrong way, though. I know that if you tell someone they look good, a lot of people will twist it into something all weird and gross. I definitely didn’t mean it like that.

But Chuck didn’t seem to take it that way, he just grinned, “Thanks.” He looked down at his feet then back up at me. “Do you, um,” he cleared his throat. “Do you want to dance?”

I nodded and followed him to the dance floor.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

I really don’t know Corinne so well but I feel like this is so not her type.

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

What do you mean? Big parties like this? Yeah, they're not really her type. Like, she doesn't mind them, but she doesn't just go out to parties all the time

Simon Gillespie

So far so good. The vitamins seemed to be taking effect. I wasn’t about to go dance though. No way.

I was having a nice time with Violet, though. We were standing at the edge of the roof, peering over the side.

“What was it like living at the orphanage?” I asked her.

I bit my tongue. It’s not something she wants to talk about, I told myself. Gosh, now she’s probably mad at you.

“Well, let’s see,” she said. “There was Mrs. Flannigan who I’m pretty sure was secretly a witch, and then there were a bunch of kids who all shared the same room as me and none of them really liked me.” She didn’t look at me as she said this, she just stared out at all the colored lights below.

“I’m sorry,” was all I said.

She waved an arm, “It’s fine. All that’s over now.”

I wanted to ask her more about her encounter with Bethany that day, but I didn’t want to push my luck.

I checked my phone. 11:59 pm, and showed it to Violet.

“Simon,” she turned her head to look at me.

“Yeah?”

“It’s one minute to midnight, and I’m really glad that I’m standing here with you,” she said, smiling at me.

I felt all warm inside. She was glad to be here with me on New Year’s, and that meant everything to me right then.

She leaned in and gave me a small kiss on the cheek, which just made my heart flutter. Then, she put her head on my shoulder. Taking a leap of faith, I awkwardly rested arm around her shoulders.

Everyone started the countdown, and then, the fireworks exploded.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

Oh, do continue!!!

• Posted at:

ʊռɨƈօʀռ

3/30/18

Front sm

butterflyamber887

I actually meant dancing with chuck, but okay. Anyways, this is really good, and yaaaaay!

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

agentclue77

Lizzy-

Granted!

Bracha-

Oh...yeah, it isn't really, but she's good friends with Chuck, we'll see what happens next...

Winter

January

Violet

Marty came into my room one day while I was doing history homework. We were studying the famous 2016 presidential election.

“Hey, Marty,” I said. I still hadn’t gotten used to calling him Dad.

“Hey, kiddo,” he said, sitting down at the edge of my bed. “Your room’s coming along nicely.”

I smiled. He was right. My room was coming along pretty nicely. Mr. Gillespie’s sister, Allison, came to help paint, and let me tell you that she knocked it out of the park.

Allison painted most of the walls a plain white with various decals of science symbols and equations, and then the wall where my bed was, was painted red. But that’s not all, she painted a nice portrait of Albert Einstein with an E=mc2 decal. It was amazing.

My comforter and sheets were just plain white and red, but I was able to find some pillows with equations and a nice one with the periodic table on it.

It might be kind of cliché that I, a science whiz, decorated my room all science-themed, but let me just remind you that I couldn’t decorate my room at White Orchid, so I was going to go all out now that I could.

“Anyway,” he said. “How’s everything going? Everything fine at school and with Simon and Corinne?”

I hesitated. Everything was fine with Simon and Corinne, but things weren’t so great at school. Bethany kept it up. She was starting to tell other kids things. Things that weren’t even true! A lot of kids gave me weird looks in the halls at school now. It sucked.

I didn’t want Marty to worry, though. Plus, how did I know that he’d understand?

“Everything’s fine,” I told him.

“Are you sure?” He asked.

I nodded, “Yeah.” I changed the subject, “Hey, do you have any idea what’s going on with Simon?”

Marty bit his lip, “I, um, I think you need to ask Simon that. But…don’t be too hard on him if he doesn’t tell you. Give him time.”

I slumped back against my pillow. I was hoping that Marty would tell me. It felt like they all knew some big secret and were keeping it from me.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Czech Republic

I climbed up the branches of my big maple tree. Maybe I shouldn’t say that it was mine because I didn’t plant it, but it sure felt like mine.

All of its gorgeous red leaves had fallen, but I still liked being up here. It was the view that really did it. When I was up here, I felt like I was on top of the world and I could go anywhere I wanted.

It made me want to keep planning the trip to Florence that I wasn’t going to take any time soon.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

proudcat90

Message for Violet: whatever you’ve been told you’re worth more than gold!

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Violet says that she deeply appreciates it

Violet

“Alright, class,” Mr. Tressler announced. “Science fair.”

I perked up. Science fair? I had to enter that.

“It’s completely optional, but I encourage everyone to enter,” He continued.

Simon turned to me, “You entering?”

I looked at him, “Of course I’m entering. Why wouldn’t I-”

“Ms. Alvarez!” Mr. Tressler snapped. “Is there something more important to talk about that you can’t wait to tell Mr. Gillespie about it after class?”

I looked at him, cheeks reddening, “Uh, no, Sir…go on.”

He nodded, “Thank you, Ms. Alvarez.”

I wasn’t sure how I felt about him calling me “Ms. Alvarez”. I definitely didn’t quite feel like a Brewer yet, but I didn’t exactly feel like an Alvarez anymore, either.

Mr. Tressler kept talking about the science fair and that it was due in two weeks.

I was already coming up with my idea. This was going to be great. It was my chance to show everyone who Bethany had started to turn against me who I really was.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

ravenfairy187

Okay so I read TATWTM and this over the span of a day. I love it. 

• Posted at:

Lani

I'd Rather Be Me Then Be With You

Also, I miss Newsies  

And Mary Poppins

And Annie

Front sm

agentclue77

Lani-

Thank you!

Simon Gillespie

The science fair was in two weeks and I was already working on my project. I called it Electric Art: How Well Does Graphite Work as a Light Conductor?

Basically, what I needed was a 6B graphite pencil (which, thankfully, I had a lot of), paper, an LED light, tape, and a 9V battery.

You see, pencil graphite is typically a mix of carbon and clay, and the carbon atoms are arranged into honeycomb patterns…and then when you complete a circuit with an LED light bulb, it allows the electrons from a battery to light up the bulb.

Neat, huh?

I was also doing another version of the experiment where I used an alligator clip. When I connected the blue alligator clip to the positive ends of the battery and the light, and then connected the green clip to the negative end of the battery and put the other end on the graphite drawing, the bulb lit up. Although, because graphite wasn’t the best conductor, the light would dim the farther you got away from the light.

But as cool as my project was, that didn’t compare to Violet’s project.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Wonder what it is. I'm also really curious about her real parenrs. Sorry for being gone.

• Posted at:

BRACHA

Front sm

proudcat90

Please come back soon.

• Posted at:

hi

Bracha

writer

smartblonde

nerd

luciekat

Jew

cats

chocolate 

Ive been hopin

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

So sorry. I had posted an update, but it didn't get posted, so... But to answer your question about Violet's parents...you'll find out more about them later on

so...mods please let this through!

Violet

I connected the white wire from the G26 to pin 2 of them to the microcontroller.

Nice. I already had the software downloaded, so all I had to do was type in the coding for it to move, now.

I typed it in, and the robot moved forward, inching along the desk in the science classroom. I entered the code for it to turn left and move forward, and it turned and continued to inch along.

I grinned. It worked. My science project really worked.

I was so going to win this thing.

“What is that?” Bethany’s voice said behind me.

I turned around. “It’s a robot,” I said, matter-of-factly.

She scoffed, “It’s a pretty lame robot.”

I bristled, “If you knew anything about robotics, you’d know how hard it is to build a robot like the ones in sci-fi movies.”

Bethany was at a loss for words. “Well…uh, my forte is in chemistry.”

As she walked away, I tried not to smile. For once, Bethany freaking Baker was at a loss for what to say. Maybe she wouldn’t be so bad to deal with.

But the morning of the science fair, any thoughts of that were gone.

I woke up excited. It was science fair day. Finally. We never had science fairs at White Orchid, so this was practically like my birthday. Although, I had pretty crummy birthdays at White Orchid anyway, so that wasn’t a good comparison.

I got dressed in a comfortable yellow dress, and I picked my hair up into a ponytail and slipped on some sneakers. Corinne had shown me the day of Nancy’s party how to put mascara on and I’ve been doing it ever since. You might ask me why I was putting so much effort into my appearance for today. But the truth was, this was quite similar to how I usually dress.

Can’t a girl be feminine and simultaneously like science?

Once I got to school, I decided to check on the projects. The administration had us turn them in yesterday, so they could set them up.

I saw Simon’s. I had to admit, he did a really good job on it. Corinne did too, she tested to see whether plants grew better in dirt or water and brought in the plant samples. I told her that the water ones would grow faster. I was right.

I couldn’t seem to find my project, though. So, I looked inside the classroom and checked to see if it was there. It was, but it wasn’t how I’d left it.

First of all, the board was crumpled like a wad of paper that had been thrown to the side. I should’ve just gone for the virtual one like some of the kids.

The robot, though, was the worst sight. It had been smashed to pieces like someone did a number on it with a hammer. Then I realized that that was probably exactly what happened.

This had to be Bethany. And if it wasn’t, it had to be one of her little minions.

I was so mad I wanted to break something. I couldn’t believe her. Sure, bullying me every day with notes was bad enough, but wrecking my science project was a new low.

I didn’t even want to attend the science fair anymore. All I wanted to do was sit in the bathroom and cry. So, that’s where I was heading when I ran into Simon.

“Oh, hey, Violet,” he said. “You look pretty.” He blushed when he said this.

Normally, I would’ve blushed at this comment and smiled, but I just didn’t feel like that right now.

“Thanks, Simon,” I said.

I guess he noticed that something was wrong, so he said, “Is everything alright?”

I wanted to say no. I just wanted to say no and go cry in the bathroom, but I just sighed and shook my head.

Simon put a hand my shoulder, “What’s wrong.”

I grabbed his arm and led him into the science room. His eyes widened, and his mouth dropped when he saw the remains of my project.

“What happened?” He asked. “Who did this?”

I decided to tell him. I didn’t like that he was keeping secrets from me, so I decided that I wouldn’t either.

I sighed, “Bethany Baker.”

“Is that what’s been bugging you since October?” He asked me.

I nodded. “She’s been leaving me notes. They’re all calling me some very colorful words.” I felt my eyes well with tears.

“Violet,” Simon put his hands on my shoulders. “Listen to me, Bethany Baker is stupid for doing this. She was probably jealous that you had such an incredible project, so she wrecked it.”

I wrapped my arms around Simon, pulling him into a hug. He seemed surprised at first, then he hugged me back.

“Thank you,” I said.

“No problem,” he said, hugging me tighter.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit