bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

Branch: Ekaterina

Bump
plz continue!! 
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Madeleine Cahill 

- In order for there to be betrayal there must have been trust first - 

Front sm

sneakysly2

aka ClassifiedClever27

Branch: Lucian

PTFL
phiLLip
  • Posted at:

ClassifiedClever27

Stay Strong Madelyn!

Co-Head of the STAY Foundation(Swiping Tears All Year): STAY on the MB. /46977

Do not KICK the puppy, for it becomes a BIG DOG.

~By Phillip

/51604

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Branch: Janus

Hey guys - long time no see. I don't know if anyone's still interested in reading my stories, but I still enjoy writing them, so I'm going to continue posting new chapters. If you're still reading - thank you, and enjoy!

-PhoenixWriter39 (aka CleverReader3)

Interlude: Amy Cahill

Amy stared up at the ceiling, mind racing far faster than it had any right to at 3am in the morning. She had been trying to fall asleep with little success for hours after their call to Fiske, but had finally given up as she allowed her thoughts to wander over the events of the past couple of days.

Having read so many books over the years, Amy was no stranger to the idea of travelling through time. The concepts and paradoxes and complexity of it had always fascinated her, not that she had really given any thought to the possibility of it actually happening. The general idea had always been; 'With great power comes great responsibility' and 'Don't get your own grandfather killed' as the protagonists of each story used their knowledge of future events to change their present. 

None of them offered any sort of guide for what to do when you wake up two years in the past with seemingly random members of your family, plus a mysterious enemy that you don't even know the identity or capabilities of, or when you've already made enough changes that you don't even know if the future will play out as you know it would (should?) have.

Amy thought that this was reason enough to be awake at 3am. Dan snored on beside her.

She ran her memories of her last day in the present - or future, she supposed. There had been no strange occurrences or odd moments that might have given some sort of hint as to how she and the others had ended up in the past; no strange people coming in contact, no random deliveries, nothing. Then again, all of the time travellers had been dispersed throughout the world before they'd woken up in the past, so really, the odds of that specific day holding the answers were slim.

Dan rolled over in his sleep, one arm dangling off the side of the hotel bed. Amy glanced at him.

Me. Dan. Fiske. Nellie. Alistair. Hamilton. Ian. Jonah. Erasmus. She counted in her head. Amy frowned, her brow furrowing. Why not Mr. McIntyre? Why not Natalie? Why not Reagan, Madison, Ted, Ned, or Sinead?

Thinking of the triplets made her mind flash back to that day at the Franklin Institute not so long ago. She had been sure, after she and Dan had intervened, that none of the triplets could have sustained any serious injuries - and yet there hadn't been a trace of any of them since Philadelphia. Amy couldn't help the feeling of trepidation that was twisting within her. She didn't regret saving her cousins for a second, of course, but the presence of three functioning Ekat geniuses (rather than their future Madrigal counterparts) added a whole new set of variables to the Hunt that hadn't existed in the original timeline. There really was no telling if tomorrow would be the day when the timestream was so irrevocably altered that the future as they had known it would be gone forever. 

With that cheerful thought, Amy's mind finally succumbed to her body's insistent signals of exhaustion and she slipped off into an uneasy slumber.

Miles away, as Amy finally dropped off, another's day was just beginning. Bare feet met dark carpet as the shadowy figure got out of bed, casting a lingering glance at the two bodies behind them as they moved towards the curtain-covered window across the room. A pale hand reached out to push the heavy material aside as its partner reached up to tuck long hair back behind an ear. Sinead Starling stared out at the dark European landscape with narrowed eyes, her mouth a thin line as her thoughts drifted to the day ahead.

Soon, she thought. Soon. 
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

Guess who's still writing?

Check out All Over Again - The Clue Hunt, Take 2 (Updated 2017)

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep dreaming.

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

Yay! You posted! Great job, well written.
  • Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

jadedawn54

aka AgentEspionage138

okaaay...
  • Posted at:

Who are you? It depends on who you ask.

What do you want? I don't know.

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

How in the world, I must ask, did I completely not realize there had been a new installment?  Very awesome, I must say.  Keep writing, please!  It's so rare I find a fanfiction that's excellently written, has a marvelous plot, and is spot-on with the characters in the official series. 
  • Posted at:

MischievousLoki7 aka SapphireLightning107

"Are you ever not going to fall for that?"  -Loki, The Avengers 

"You amuse me.  I will make you mine."  -Eska, The Legend of Korra

"You can't marry a man you just met."  -Elsa, Frozen

Front sm

pegasusbookworm4

aka Polar bearBrigade2

I started reading this post in June over summer vacation. this series hasn't dissipointed me yet, so keep on trucking!
  • Posted at:

Son of Athena

Magdrigil Spy

"I'm Bill. Bill Cypher"

I am Jason Cahill. I see all.

Son of Athena

Decendant of Kathrine

I Am Jason Cahill. I see all.

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

bump
  • Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

I'm operating under the assumption that this post will be updated soon, and is not dead, seeing as there was a new installment of "Agents of Scholastic" only a few days ago.  Please update soon.  I'm dying here until next week when Breakaway comes out.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

You assume correctly, MischievousLoki7. Like I've said, none of my stories are dead, despite how long it's been since I've posted on some of them. The main two that I'm focusing on are this one and Agents of Scholastic, so those are the two most likely to see updates more regularly. Sorry for the wait, but hopefully more will be up sooner than later. In the meantime, enjoy!

Chapter 27

Dan groaned as he rolled out of the hotel bed the next morning for several reasons. One, he did not want to get up; the adrenaline rush from almost being buried alive left him feeling exhausted despite the several hours of sleep he'd just had. Two, none of them had been under any allusions as to what 'Maison des Gardons' actually meant this time around, and it had hardly been the most comfortable night.

And three...well, he did have a photographic memory. Dan was really looking forward to some delicious pain au chocolat for breakfast.

Glancing over at his sister, the Madrigal saw that she was still peacefully snoozing away. Dan checked the time (barely past 8am) and decided to leave her be for now. He knew that Amy had likely been up half the night worrying about everything; she could use all the rest she could get. Especially with the long day they had ahead of them.

Dan rolled his shoulders and stretched, stifling a yawn as he shuffled into the tiny bathroom to get ready for the day. He heard Nellie stirring and exchanged a quiet "good morning" with her as he emerged a few minutes later, feeling a bit more refreshed.

"So...Catacombs, church, and Clue #1 today?" Nellie asked, sounding resigned as she fished around in her bag for her make-up. "I gotta say, I don't get why we have to do all of this over again. I mean, I get that the Cahills are still fighting and the Vespers are probably watching, but what's the point of doing this all over again just like the first time around? Shouldn't we be doing more?"

She sounded more like she was talking to herself than to Dan, so he stayed quiet even as he silently agreed.

"Be careful what you wish for, Nellie," Amy spoke up from behind Dan, rubbing her eyes with a yawn as she got up. "I don't know if we're going to have the luxury of a choice much longer. Changes have already been made, some for the better, some for the worse. I don't think we know the future as well as we think anymore."

There really wasn't anything Dan or Nellie could say to that. Amy went into the bathroom, Nellie found her make-up, taking it and her compact mirror over to the window to put it on, and Dan just collapsed back onto the bed with a loud sigh.

He remembered all too well what had - would - happen today. First they would meet Uncle Alistair outside the Catacombs. Then they'd go in the tunnels alone as their uncle 'distracted' the Kabras, who would later come down to threaten them amidst all the bones. Cue their daring escape, a couple of life-threatening scares, and then they'd be off to the church (he figured they could skip the stop at the library this time) where they'd dig up the false grave and find the Cahill mural and vase. Add in Jonah and Broderick, Alistair and Irina, the Holts, Amy practically being struck by lightning, the Kabras stealing the vial and you had one exhausting day ahead. He thought he could be forgiven for not looking forward to reliving it.

There was one small saving grace, though, Dan thought as his eyes flicked to his bag on the floor beside him. Rolling over, he unzipped one of the pockets just enough to catch sight of the plastic sleeve that held one of his most prized possessions: a picture of his parents. The Madrigal smiled despite himself. They might not be able to change much in the day ahead, but he would not be losing this picture this time around.

And that was something.

He zipped up his bag and got up to face the day, his mind eagerly drifting back to breakfast, never noticing the small slip of paper that lay nestled just behind the photo in the plastic sleeve.
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

jadedawn54

aka AgentEspionage138

• Posted at:

Who are you? It depends on who you ask.

What do you want? I don't know.

Front sm

musicheart35

aka SecretDancing1

WOW.
Reading this story really brings back memories. Reading the first book late at night, not able to put it down. *sighs* Ya, I love this story a lot. Your really good. I feel like the clue hurt started all over again.
  You make it really intense. Like one of the real books in the series. 
  • Posted at:

My names Kayla.

I'm a Jamy forever. 

I'm in Love.

And I sadly have to leave. *crys like a baby.* Goodbye awesome MB, and everyone on it.

Please visit~ 65148 (Love and trials -a story.)

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

Hello?  Is anyone here?  It's been three months since the last installment.  That's 1/4 of a year!  Please update soon.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

please continue!!! 
  • Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

please post the next part!! it's been almost 5 months since the last update!

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Yes, it has been a while. Sorry about that - though as some of you may already know, my other story Agents of Scholastic has been updated twice (new chapter was posted just a few hours ago) in the past few weeks. 

Speaking of long periods of time, and seeing how this IS a time travel story, can you believe it's been...what, six years or so since the 39 Clues originally began with The Maze of Bones in 2008? Some of us have been with this series for that long or close to it, and some of us joined in later, but still...come a long way from one short book and the STACKS, haven't we? Do you remember when/how you first got into this series?

Anyway, enough rambling. You've waited long enough - and I hope you enjoy this longer than usual chapter. Shall we travel back six years with Amy, Dan, and the rest?

Chapter 28

Of course something had to go wrong.

If Amy was honest with herself, she would have been more alarmed if everything had gone according to plan. That would have been an unusual occurence with their track record, and probably would have foreshadowed something much worse in the future.

Though being stuck underground (again) was not an experience that she had ever wanted to re-enact. 

Everything up until about five minutes ago had happened as it had the first time around. She, Dan and Nellie had met Alistair at the cafe as planned, and then they had plunged down into the catacombs, despite already knowing the secret of the skulls stacked deep within. Ian and Natalie had shown up (although Amy was grateful to notice that it was Ian, not Natalie, who was pointing the weapon at them this time), and they had managed to escape into the train tunnel and up into the fading daylight once more with minimal drama. Dan had hugged his backpack protectively to his chest the entire time, making a point not to let it get ripped away by a rushing train as it had before. Amy had never found out why he had been so devastated at losing it the first time around, but she didn't think now was the right time to ask.

They had gone to the American Library in Paris, since Dan of all people had made the comment about how people might start getting suspicious if the three of them never had to do any research along the Hunt. Amy, once she had gotten over her shock, had eagerly agreed. Her love of libraries was one thing that had never changed, even after everything she had been through, and she barely resisted the urge to hug Dan enthusiastically. 

Of course, they could only spend so much time in the library before they were off again to do some grave-digging at the church. Amy was actually excited to see the mural of the four original Cahill siblings again (though she did lament the fact that her own ancestor, Madeleine, wasn't included), and once she, Dan and Nellie had dug deep enough to open the trapdoor down to the Catacombs room, Amy was examining the wall with fascination. 

It was interesting to look at the larger-than-life figures with the perspective born from all the knowledge she'd gained during and after the Clue Hunt.

"Luke, Katherine, Thomas and Jane Cahill..." she murmured, running her fingers over the images. Her eyes drifted upwards and the Madrigal brushed some cobwebs away, revealing the burning house in the distance between Katherine and Thomas and the mysterious black figure running away from it. 

"Who is it, do you think?" Amy hadn't noticed Nellie come up beside her, but when she glanced at the other Madrigal she saw that their au pair's eyes were fixed on the dark figure in the mural. Amy turned back to look too.

"Whoever set the fire, maybe," she said thoughtfully. "Or...maybe it's Olivia. Pregnant with baby Madeleine and losing her home, husband, and children all in one night..." Amy trailed off.

She may be proud to be a Madrigal and a Cahill, but it was still painful to be reminded of her family members' history - especially stories that so closely mirrored hers and Dan's.

A sudden thought occurred to her, and Amy's startled hand fell from the wall as her mind reeled. What would life be like if they had traveled all the way back to that night - the night her parents had died? Could she and Dan have saved them, young as they had been at the time? Alistair would have been there, too - he could have helped, told Hope and Arthur that the clue had already been stolen and gotten them out of the house before it had burned down. How would their childhood have been different? Would Amy and Dan have grown up to be different people? How would her living parents have affected the Clue Hunt?

Amy was so engrossed in these thoughts that she didn't even notice when Jonah and Broderick showed up, right on schedule. She didn't pay attention as Jonah, Dan, and Nellie verbally sparred for Broderick's sake, and nor did she watch as Dan held the vial he'd retrieved from the pedestal above his head, threatening to smash it.

She did, however, notice when the trapdoor above them abruptly slammed shut. 

Dan, Amy, Nellie and Jonah's eyes immediately shot upward, and Jonah looked back at Amy with wide eyes. That had certainly not happened last time, but the Janus couldn't dare to say anything while his father was present.

"Hiiii-yahhhh!"

The three teens jumped in alarm as Nellie suddenly lashed out and struck Mr. Wizard on the head, instantly sending him crumpling to the ground. "Nellie!" all three shouted in shock, Jonah with a bit more anger as he knelt down to check that his father was all right.

"I just knocked him out, he'll be fine," Nellie shrugged unrepentantly, flexing her hand a few times before relaxing. "We need to talk, and we don't want him to listen in."

Jonah sent her a mild glare, but he didn't argue. They all knew that they had bigger problems to worry about. Now Amy glanced between her companions and the trapdoor above with a sinking feeling in her gut. 

Something wasn't right.

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

I'm personally glad to see the next installment.  I have to admit, I'm slightly disappointed that so much of the time in Paris is just summarized, but I get that if you went and detailed everything, we'd be here 5 years from now still waiting for the second end of the Clue Hunt. :)

• Posted at:

Front sm

fashionmermaid101

Posting to find later!!!! 

• Posted at:

My  name is Raven

My best friends are Carson and Razi

~If you speak the truth,

you may expect respect;

But if you deal in lies,

expect to be despised. 

Front sm

breezehawk40

love it, love, love love it, love it, lllllloooooovvvvvvveeeeeeee iiiiiiiiittttttttttt.

• Posted at:

He wears his heart

safety pinned to his backpack

His backpack is all that he knows

Shot down by strangers

whose glances can cripple

the heart and devour the soul

Emerald<3

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

amazing this is definintely one of the best stories

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

Huzzah! Great job!

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

bump please please continue

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

bump

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

superkitten29

Posting to find later

• Posted at:

You probably don't know me. 

So here is a bit about myself.

My name is Kristen.

I'm a girl.

I'm 13 years old.

Is there anything else you want to know about me?

My C-Mail is /89777

CAB member

(x . x)

Front sm

artemissilver27

aka ArtisticCat49

ptfl

• Posted at:

Jana~Silver 

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

When people say impossible, they usually mean improbable.

#RememberSkylarForever

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

Please finish Amy's boyfriend.Dan's master plan cannot go untold...

• Posted at:

"For every person you save, there's gonna be somebody you can't." -Joe West, in The Flash

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

Bump

• Posted at:

"For every person you save, there's gonna be somebody you can't." -Joe West, in The Flash

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

Bump

• Posted at:

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

bump

please continue!!

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

its been over a month... 

I really love this 

I want to see how it continues

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

leia6659

aka EkaterinaCovert1

This story is amazing!  Please continue! {#Smiley}

• Posted at:

Front sm

bluesparrow63

DON'T YOU DARE STOP ON ME!!!!! I can't believe I actually found this again. I'm posting so I don't lose it again.

• Posted at:

J Gropius

Jamie Kabra

Sheer Cüld

White Colér

Kiara Moonglow

Sarah Potter

Veronica

Evan Potter

Maria Juanita

Cara

Charlie

Leah Johnson

Wren

Zalika Windbound

Lylii Farnette

Amy Lawliet

Amygna Hewley

Jamie out

PEAS!

#BRIT-FUFF-FUFF

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

@Jamie {BlueSparrow63} bookmark it

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

analyzingpsyched2

aka AmethystAssociation3

OMG NICE

• Posted at:

WORLDS )( COLLIDE!!!!

I am a Cahill, Hystorian, and Greencloak!!!

RifatAmethystAssociation3 and now AnalyzingPsyched2 

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Double post! As I submit this new chapter, I'm also going to post a new one on Agents of Scholastic. Thanks to everyone who has read either (or both) stories, and feel free to check out the other update.

Out of curiosity, which of my three main stories do you guys like the most? Agents of ScholasticAll Over Again - The Clue Hunt, Take 2 (this one), or Amy's Boyfriend? (The links to the other two can be found under my posts). I've enjoyed writing all of them, and if you've liked this one, you may be interested in reading the other two. Let me know here or on one of those threads.

Chapter 29

Dan was the first one to scramble up the ladder, handing the vial he had retrieved from the vase off to Amy hastily along the way. He pushed and pulled against the wood, but it was no use; the trapdoor refused to budge.

The Madrigal tried to ignore the rising panic in his chest as he tilted his head sideways to press his ear against the door. Dan listened closely for any kind of muffled noise - a grunt, a voice, even (though he didn't really want to think about it) the sound of dirt raining down in the hole he, Amy and Nellie had dug earlier. Even a vibration would have given him some clue as to what was going on above ground - but there was nothing.

The door was simply stuck.

"Anything?" Amy called up to him, although he could tell from her voice that she wasn't very hopeful. Dan pulled away from the door and glared at it fiercely, as though the heat from his eyes could burn through the wood and get them out of there. It was at times like these that he really (as in more than than he usually did) envied Superman's heat vision...and his super-strength...and his invulnerability, for that matter. 

His thoughts drifted. A list of ingredients ran through his head; plants and minerals and substances that had no apparent connection to each other, known to other people only in bits and pieces. Not for the first time, Dan wondered how things would have been different if they had actually made and taken Gideon's serum after the Clue Hunt. Had they made the right choice in hiding the knowledge away in Dan's head? What if this do-over was supposed to be some sort of sign that that was one of the decisions they should change?

Dan shook his head, forcing those thoughts out of his mind as he re-focused on the situation at hand.

"Nothing!" he replied, pounding the wood again for emphasis. "It just won't move. I can't hear anything on the other side."

Below him, Jonah was checking his phone. "No signal down here, dudes. Can't call in the calvary," he reported, retrieving his father's phone from Broderick's pocket to confirm his observation. Nellie groaned in frustration.

"What does this even mean?" she asked the question they were all thinking. "I mean, all of the hassle in the church first time around was over whatever's in this vial, right? So why would anyone want to lock us down here, with said vial?"

Amy frowned deeply, but she didn't say anything. Dan pushed uselessly against the trapdoor one last time before he climbed back down the ladder to rejoin the others. 

"On the bright side, at least we're not really trapped this time," he said, nodding towards the doorway to the rest of the catacombs off to one side of the room. 

"On the downside, it'll probably take us a while to find our way out of here, cuz," Jonah pointed out, shooting a look at Nellie as he knelt back by his father's side. "Plus, your ninja babysitter kinda knocked my dad out, if you haven't noticed."

"Au pair," Dan corrected absently, already reviewing his perfect memory of the catacombs and trying to figure out how far they might be from another exit. Amy looked away from the trapdoor, stowing the vial away in her pocket as she glanced knowingly at him. 

"Dan will be able to help us find a way out - he was looking at the maps of the tombs earlier," she told Jonah. "As for your dad - we'll have to wake him up and act like we're only cooperating to get out of here. We won't be able to carry him. We'll have to split up once we hit topside - as soon as we get a signal, I'm going to call Uncle Fiske. Even without the vial, something's definitely going on up there, and I have a bad feeling that it's not going to end well."

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

coindusk1

I like all three of them, for different reasons!  "Agents of Scholastic" is howlingly funny and clever. "Amy's Boyfriend" is mysterious and obscure. If I absolutely had to pick a favourite, though, I guess it would be this one.  I'm hoping it's Ian up in the belfry keeping the trap door shut on purpose, so he won't have to give his mother the Lucian serum.  I know in "The Gauntlet" that she claimed she hadn't taken it until after Irina died but all things considered she was probably lying,

It would make a lot of sense if Isabel had drank the Lucian serum almost immediately after Ian gave it to her.  It would explain why all of her worst tendencies suddenly erupted, and increased tenfold, and she turned into- -well, what she turned into as the Clue Hunt progressed!  Not that she was a good person before, but she couldn't have been running an art business, and been Vikram's wife, and been Ian and Natalie's mother while simultaneously being the person she became during the Clue Hunt...

The Lucian serum would have basically destroyed any semblance of decency Isabel had within her, since she already barely had had much decency to begin with!  Given a second chance, as you have given him, I'll bet Ian would try, if he could, to circumvent his mother getting ahold of the Lucian serum. I'm hoping so, anyway!!!!  I'm interested to see where you go with this story and very much look forward to you continuing it!  It's super good!!!!!

• Posted at:

Colin

Creativity+Strength+Innovation+Strategy+Diplomacy should be Unstoppable

Together they should = the CAHILL FAMILY

For best results, all five parts are needed; hopefully you know this, Doublecross authors...

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

I think this might be the one of the shortest gaps between chapters that this story has had. You've stuck with this over the long breaks - so here's another chapter for you guys, fresh off the heels of the last one. You're all awesome! 

Chapter 30

Sweat beaded on Hamilton's forehead as he glanced over his shoulder for what felt like the hundredth time in less than five minutes. Any second now, the rest of his family would return, and whatever chance he had at tampering with the explosive resting innocently in front of him would be gone. His parents and the twins had gone to discreetly scout out the best place to lay the bomb around the old church, leaving him to guard the goods (which, to the twins, was the ice cream in the van).

The Holts, as a general rule, were usually not nearly this cloak-and-dagger. That was why they had the bomb in the first place; make a big boom, swoop in to snatch whatever's valuable out of the wreckage, then bolt - pausing only to crack a few skulls along the way if they were feeling particularly cheerful. His family had given him odd looks when Hamilton had volunteered to stay behind from their little covert op, but he figured that they assumed that he just wanted the chance to raid the ice cream by himself.

Which was stupid. If he really wanted any particular frozen treat, Hamilton could take both of his sisters any day. With one hand.

But despite the golden opportunity he had been presented with to stop another potentially-catastrophic explosion, Hamilton was just about ready to pull his hair out in frustration. He had been trained how to disable a bomb, sure, but this model was welded shut and ice cream vans weren't exactly hardware stores. Short of cracking the thing open with his bare hands (and Hamilton really didn't want to think about all the ways that that could backfire), he was stuck.

Panic bloomed within his chest as the telltale thumping of approaching footsteps rattled the van. 

"No, no, no..." he muttered, trying desperately to find a weak point in the casing. But it was no use. The back doors of the van were ripped open, and Hamilton barely had time to shove the bomb back in its box before his father was eagerly reaching for it.

"Come on, Ham, we've found the perfect spot!" he crowed, holding the box up like a trophy. "Those Cahill twerps are off sticking their faces in dirt down the hill, and we spotted the old Ek-RAT and that Russian lady heading this way. No time to lose!"

Hamilton tried to smile as he followed his dad out of the van, but it came out as more of a pained grimace. "Uh, Dad, I..." he struggled to think of something, anything to say. Eisenhower had paused, looking at his son curiously.

"What is it, Hamilton? Spit it out!"

"Uh - why's everyone gathering at this church? Is there something valuable here? Maybe even a clue? If we blow the place up, we'll never get it for ourselves," Hamilton blurted out, blinking in surprise at how much sense that actually made. Now that he thought about it, what good had there ever been in blowing up the buildings that housed leads and information before his family had actually had a chance to get said info?

Eisenhower stared at him for a long moment, his mouth hanging open slightly in shock. Hope began to bloom in Hamilton. Maybe, just maybe, he would be able to convince him-

-But his hope was abruptly shattered as his father let out a loud guffaw and smacked him fondly on the back (with enough force to send any human other than a Holt flying). "We don't need whatever pansy hints are in there. We Holts will win this thing no matter what! Plus, you know-" he grinned broadly, "-any excuse to take out some of the competition!"

With that, Eisenhower spun on his heel and walked away, leaving Hamilton with no choice but to follow with rising dread. As his family hid the bomb off the side of the church and started the timer, the Tomas teen scanned the area worriedly. Minutes later, when they had all piled back in the van to get a safe distance away, Hamilton was still staring at the church.

Three minutes...Amy and Dan would be coming up that hill any second now. He knew Alistair and Irina were already inside the building, and he could only pray that the older man would realize something was amiss and escape before the explosion. Hamilton was fearful for his comrade from the future - but there was no way to warn him of the impending danger.

Two minutes...Hamilton frowned in confusion. His little cousins should have entered the church by now, but there was no sign of them. He scanned the grounds for any sign of Ian as well, remembering that the Lucian had joined the fray later the first time around, but there was nothing. Perhaps he was watching somewhere too, waiting until Amy and Dan were inside before making his move. 

One minute...and still no sign of any of his three cousins. Hamilton curled his hands into fists, staring unblinkingly at the church. He had no idea why the original events were not playing out as they should have been, but he was beyond grateful to whatever had caused the disruption. Please...please, just stay away for one more minute, guys...stay away...

Ten seconds. Nine. Eight. Still no sign of the others. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One.

BOOM!

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

mischievousloki7

aka SapphireLightning107

It looks as if I checked for story updates at just the right time.  Can't wait till the next installment!

• Posted at:

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

*has urge to kill Eisenhower*

• Posted at:

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

1 , 2 , 3 ... , , 9 , , 11