Front sm

adeptelf17

aka VaporBeam12

Branch: Ekaterina

This story is gorgeous. I have bookmarked it, it is that good. Write more, ASAP. And have Ian there, please? And have Ham, erm, fix the museum, maybe? And AmIan, too? Maybe? Whatever you do, though, I am sure it will be AMAZING!
~ EEK 
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

adeptelf17 aka VaporBeam12

Saving the World, One Pie at a Time A Novel(la) by EEKRead it at http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/47607

Front sm

frostbutterfly25

aka GoldButterfly97

Branch: Janus

please continue!!!! I go CRAZY if you don't
  • Posted at:

''Fans always tell us that we're beautiful, but no one will be as beautiful as them.'' ~One Direction

Louis Tomlinson 

Zayn Malik

Liam Payne

Niall Horan

Harry Styles

Front sm

mysterygame38

aka TrickeryAgent4

Branch: Lucian

Go on...
  • Posted at:

mysterygame38 aka TrickeryAgent4

Hey there, I'm Steve. No, I'm kidding. But really. Minecraft is awesome. 

Anyway, I love joining RPs of awesome stuff like HG (Hunger Games) and awesome 

survival stories. Call me Aaa.

CLASSIFIED

Please!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

mysterygame38

aka TrickeryAgent4

When r u gonna post? Can I help you?
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Continue!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Thanks everyone!

Chapter 8

A large chatter instantly went up as soon as Grace's image disappeared from the screen as most of the others started ranting about Grace in some way or another. Amy and Dan tuned them out, at least until Mr. McIntyre began to talk again.

"If you are in this room, sir, you are a Cahill," the lawyer said, "Whether your surname is Cahill or not doesn't matter. Everyone here has Cahill blood."

"Including you, Mr. McIntyre?" asked Natalie Kabra, causing the man to flush. Dan caught Amy's eye and promptly looked away. They both knew the answer to that question now.

Mr. McIntyre went on (even as Beatrice interrupted the poor man again) to tell them about the bank vouchers under their seats and give them the huge choice (though for some, it was easy) of a million dollars or a single clue.

"...No money, no property. Just a clue that might lead you to the most important treasure in the world and make you powerful beyond belief..." Mr. McIntyre's eyes seemed to settle on Dan directly, "...or it might kill you. One million dollars or the clue. You have five minutes to decide.

Again, the room immediately erupted as many people got out of their seats and (surprise, surprise - and not just because they'd lived through this already) arguments began breaking out. Amy brushed aside the inner turmoil that she remembered having last time and turned to Dan, letting her eyes do the talking.

Clue again, he 'said' firmly, even as his mouth moved in the over-excited chatter about what he could do with a million dollars that he had babbled about before. Amy nodded slightly.

Of course, she replied, jumping in his rambling at just the right times without really thinking about it.

"Okay," Dan said aloud. "So I'll spend my million on my collection. You can spend yours on college. And everybody's happy."

"You'll decline the challenge, of course." Both siblings turned as the new (but very familiar) voice spoke up behind them to see the Kabras standing there, looking as smug and confident as ever.

"I would be sad if something happened to you," Ian went on. "And you so need the money,"

Natalie pretended to act surprised. "That's right, Ian! They're poor. I keep forgetting. It seems so odd we're related, doesn't it?"

Ignoring the jibe, Amy searched their faces, trying to find a hint of the Kabras they knew behind the snobs of the present time. While both were Lucians, there were certain signs one could look for if they knew them well enough. Natalie, to her disappointment, was quite obviously not from their time. Ian, however...

There was an odd glint in the other teen's eyes that Amy couldn't quite identify. She hadn't looked closely enough the first time to be able to know if this had been present before or not. Beyond that, Ian too gave no indication of being older mentally than he was physically.

Amy bit her lip. She knew fully well that present-Ian (unlike present-Hamilton) knew morse code - if Ian wasn't from their time, he'd know that something was off immediately. But it was a risk she had to take. She had to know.

While Dan distracted Natalie, Amy caught Ian's eye and held it as she began to blink rapidly.
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

Guess who's still writing?

Check out All Over Again - The Clue Hunt, Take 2 (Updated 2017)

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep dreaming.

Front sm

adeptelf17

aka VaporBeam12

Love!
~ EEK 
  • Posted at:

Saving the World, One Pie at a Time A Novel(la) by EEKRead it at http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/47607

Front sm

aqualion130

aka AquaLion35

Branch: Tomas

Awesome Story!
  • Posted at:

~Rob~

AquaLion35 aka AquaLion130

I'm random. Deal withit.

#Supportcancer

#Save Lotus

#Ban Volcanofighting 

#Ban Fashionfearless

Hope forDino and Ruby!!!!

Writer in the Making

A day without reading is like a day without breathing

Front sm

mysterygame38

aka TrickeryAgent4

You posted! Continue soon!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

MORE!!!

~Vanessa~
  • Posted at:

dawndancer15 aka ButterflyActress33

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

"Charming, 'andsome, and speaks French? Amy, keep him." - Marguerite Beaufort

Updates every Tuesday and Friday! 

Read the new and improved rewrite at: forums/topics/287662

CLASSIFIED

Keep on posting!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Hey guys! Thanks for all the encouragement - it's awesome to know that you all like my story

A new chapter will be up soon, but I just wanted to let you know that I've just submitted a new chapter for my other story, Amy's 'Boyfriend.' It's been a while since I've posted there, so I don't think anyone is still following it, and I just wanted to tell you in case anyone was interested in reading it. You can find the link under my posts - check it out!

Thanks again, everyone!
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

adeptelf17

aka VaporBeam12

hurry
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

aweSOME!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

steellavender10

aka RoseLavender22

OH. MY. GOD. THIS. IS. AAAWWWWEEEESSSSOOOOMMMEEESSSAAAAUUUUCCCCEEEE!!!!!
  • Posted at:

steellavender10 aka RoseLavender22

Madeline Tolliver

"Geronimo!"-Eleventh Doctor

"Your always holdin' onto stars,"-Fun. (Stars)

"HEY I KNOW YOU!"-Me (to people I know)

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Sorry for the long wait, guys. Next chapter will be up much sooner! 

Chapter 9

Amy couldn't get a good look at Ian's blank expression until she finished her message and held her breath. Something flickered in the boy's eyes, but she couldn't tell if it was surprise from present-day Ian or comprehension from her Ian. The Ian from her time, that is, she hastened to mentally correct herself. Not her Ian. No. Definitely not.

The boy in question glanced briefly over to where Dan and Natalie were still talking before returning his gaze to her face.

Ian gave a tiny, nearly imperceptible nod.

Amy nearly staggered in relief. The count was growing; she, Dan, Jonah, Hamilton and Ian had all been sent back in time. It was both reassuring and frightening to realize that it seemed like the only ones who had come back were among her and Dan's closest companions of the Cahills, those who had joined the Madrigals after their showdown in the gauntlet.  They were an exceptional group of teens, she was well aware of that fact, but it would be hard to try to figure out or plan anything with all of the people around them (even, or should she say especially, members of their own immediate families) watching and expecting them to act like the people they had all been 2 years ago.

She was about to say something when Ian gave her a meaningful look and glanced towards his sister pointedly. Amy blinked and she fought to keep her expression neutral as she realized what the Kabra was telling her; Natalie was still her 11 year old self. She nodded back to Ian while hiding a grimace; that would make things difficult for the other boy. He would have to act as he had originally, or else risk that Natalie would notice and tell their mother.  

This entire exchange had taken only about 30 seconds. His eyes not leaving Amy's, Ian smoothly jumped back into the conversation at just the right time to give a very condescending reply to something Dan had just said, which Amy honestly didn't bother to listen to as she read the message Ian blinked out. She barely gave any thought as she played her part of the shy, stuttering 14 year old aloud as she blinked back and forth rapidly with the other teen. 

Ian broke eye contact mere seconds before Natalie turned her mocking smile on Amy. "We'd hate to see you suffer a painful death, wouldn't we? Ta-ta!" And with that, and one last meaningful glance from Ian, the Kabras walked away.

Dan immediately looked to Amy, taking a second and making full use of their ability to communicate without speaking, and in short order understood what had gone on during Ian and Amy's exchange. Before he could speak, however, Aunt Beatrice was swooping down on them and beginning her rant about how they were to take the money and put it away and blah blah blah. Both of them tuned her out, and thankfully she stalked off not long after. Amy and Dan only had a chance to exchange a quick look before Mr. McIntyre rang a little bell and everyone gradually drifted to their seats and settled down. The old lawyer surveyed them all with a serious look on his face.

"It is time." 
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

CLASSIFIED

Awesome!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

lightningdragon818

aka AnalyzingAdventure1083

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plz make Ian not leave her behind! Plz plz plz!
  • Posted at:

lightningdragon818 aka AnalyzingAdventure1083

A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you will know the debt is payed.

-Tyrion Lannister to Cersei Lannister

GAME OF THRONES

CLASSIFIED

Yeah!!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

dawnblizzard8

aka BearAstronomy23

Bump
  • Posted at:

DawnBlizzard8 aka BearAstronomy23 aka Laura

Thpersoyoweryesterday

manobthpersoyoartoday.

Thpersoyoartoday

manobthpersoyoartomorrow.

The world can be a beautiful place, only if you choose to see it.

Front sm

yelloweagle51

aka CrimsonHorse18

Cool!
  • Posted at:

yelloweagle51 aka CrimsonHorse18

Rob Cahill

A day without reading is a day without breathing...

Front sm

vampireruby11

aka MysteryEmerald10

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

vampireruby11 aka MysteryEmerald10

Lola Cahill

Mrs. Dan Cahill

Girl Spy of Gallagher Academy

Vampire of Elysia

As You Can Tell Im A Book Worm!!!!!!!!

A day without reading is a day without breathing...

Front sm

cleverkitten46

aka CleverOutsmarting11

Awesome! 
Ian is with them. :) 
  • Posted at:

cleverkitten46 aka CleverOutsmarting11

Anna Cahill    

Want to spread the 39 Clues spirit? Join the 39 Clues Writing Center!

http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/43994 

Front sm

autumnhunter1

aka ClassifiedAdept15

• Posted at:

autumnhunter1

Paramore is the best

/10029

Yeah, I'm the Daughter of Hades. Wanna make something of it?

Nico di Angelo is my half-brother, not your boyfriend. Now leave us in peace.

Front sm

adeptelf17

aka VaporBeam12

Luv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
~ EEK 
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

This is amazing!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

periwinklephoenix50

aka IridescentAgent13

Oh my God, this so so cool! I'm so excited to readmore of it. Pretty please post more on the story? :)
And can you please check out the story in my signature. It's okay if you don't, though.
Please post more! :) :) :)

- Corinne :)    
  • Posted at:

periwinklephoenix50 aka IridescentAgent13

Sorry, guys: I'm leaving the messageboard. On the bright side, it was fun while it lasted. :)

Sincerely,

Corinne

Front sm

heromoonlight1

aka HazeSafe1

I love this!!! More!!!
  • Posted at:

GloryandGORE go hand in hand.

Even the most primitive societies have an innate respect for the insane.

~ RUMBLE FISH

Front sm

codecaptain25

aka CodeCaptain2

PLEASE POST SOON!
  • Posted at:

Codecaptain25 aka CodeCaptain2

Front sm

peacefulpuppy58

aka DelightedDolphin45

AMAZING!!
  • Posted at:

peacefulpuppy58 aka DelightedDolphin45

It matters not what someone is born,but what they grow to be.

Always remember, your stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and braver than you believe. - Christopher Robin

Be who you are and say what you feel because you mind don't matter, and those you matter don't mind. - Dr. Suess

In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on. – Robert Frost

It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be. - Albus Dumbledore

Ships in the harbour are safe, but that's not what ships are built for. - John Shedd

We must become the change we want to see in the world. - Mahatma Ghandi

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Hope that everyone's holidays were/are great!  And thanks for all the kind words, guys!

Chapter 10

Amy's heart began to pound. It was strange - she knew exactly what would happen and what she was going to do, and yet apprehension and anticipation continued to build within her chest.

It had been at this moment when everything had truly begun, when events had been set in motion that would change the fate of the world forever. Her head spun just thinking about it. 14 year old Amy had had no idea what the consequences of her actions would be; she had felt lost after the death of her grandmother, and was desperate to find any small part of her to cling to. That small part just happened to be an envelope with a single slip of paper and the promise of so much more.

Shouts and names flew over her head as Mr. McIntyre once again explained just how powerful the Cahill family really was by listing several of its more famous members. Disbelief was evident in the air, but Amy couldn't help but wonder how much of it was faked. Alistair and the Kabras, to name but a few, undoubtably knew of their family's history well before this day, yet the old Korean man was one of the more outspoken members of the crowd in rebuking McIntyre's words.

"Embarking on this quest," Mr. McIntyre was saying, "will lead you to the treasure. But only one of you will attain it."

Amy exchanged a glance with Dan. Mr. McIntyre had been right after all, in a way. In the end, only Dan knew the whole formula, but it had been all of the branches, represented down in the gauntlet, that had ultimately found the 'treasure' the old lawyer spoke of. Without their help, Amy seriously doubted that it would have been possible at all.

"One indiviual-" Mr. McIntyre's gaze flickered to Amy, "-or one team will find the treasure. I can tell you no more. I do not, myself, know where the chase will lead."

Not true, Amy thought, staring at the man. You know perfectly well where the chase will lead us. If not every single location, then at least the end. You're a Madrigal; you know how our hunt must end in the gauntlet eventually. A quick glance at Dan confirmed that he too was thinking such thoughts. Knowing all that they did now and re-living through it all again really put everything in perspective.

"I can only start you on the path, monitor your progress, and provide some small measure of guidance. Now - who will choose first?" Mr. McIntyre looked expectantly out at the crowd.

Aunt Beatrice immediately stood and claimed the money, followed by most of the forty or so people in the room. Ian and Natalie were once again the first to stand up and accept the challenge, followed by the Holts, Alistair, the Starlings, Irina, and the Wizards and once again leaving Amy and Dan as the last two to make their decision.

The Madrigal siblings looked at each other, hesitating as they had before. But it was not out of worry or uncertainty this time; rather, Amy and Dan just wanted to prolong the inevitable action, if only for a few more seconds, that would shape not only their futures, but that of the world's. One thought ran through both of their minds.

Here we go again.

With the tiniest of nods to each other, Amy and Dan stood up. Ignoring the glare Aunt Beatrice was aiming at them, Amy took both of their vouchers and picked up the lighter on the desk.

"We're in," she said, as for the second time in her life she sent two million dollars up in smoke.
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

peacefulpuppy58

aka DelightedDolphin45

Hi! that was amazing! Just wondering where can I find your story 'Boyfriend'? I'd really like to read it!
  • Posted at:

Always remember, your stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and braver than you believe. - Christopher Robin

Be who you are and say what you feel because you mind don't matter, and those you matter don't mind. - Dr. Suess

In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on. – Robert Frost

It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be. - Albus Dumbledore

Ships in the harbour are safe, but that's not what ships are built for. - John Shedd

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!

CLASSIFIED

:D
  • Posted at:

Front sm

mysterygame38

aka TrickeryAgent4

Sweet! Continue soon!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

periwinklephoenix50

aka IridescentAgent13

That is sooo AWESOME!!! :)

~ Corinne :) 
  • Posted at:

Sorry, guys: I'm leaving the messageboard. On the bright side, it was fun while it lasted. :)

Sincerely,

Corinne

Front sm

adeptelf17

aka VaporBeam12

gorgeous  
  • Posted at:

Front sm

periwinklephoenix50

aka IridescentAgent13

Oh. My. Gosh. That is AMAZING!!!

~ Corinne :)  
  • Posted at:

Sincerely,

Corinne

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

DelightedDolphin45 - Thanks, and here's the link to my other story, Amy's 'Boyfriend' 

http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/8684
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

peacefulpuppy58

aka DelightedDolphin45

Thanks, I just read it, sooooooo good!!!!!! PLz update soon!!!!!!!!1
  • Posted at:

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!

, 2 , ... 9 , 10 , 11