Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

Branch: Ekaterina

love it best story ever please continue

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Madeleine Cahill 

- In order for there to be betrayal there must have been trust first - 

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

Branch: Janus

Post.

• Posted at:

"For every person you save, there's gonna be somebody you can't." -Joe West, in The Flash

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

hello?

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

jadedawn54

aka AgentEspionage138

Pretty please update...

• Posted at:

Who are you? It depends on who you ask.

What do you want? I don't know.

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Hello! :)

Chapter 31

BOOM!

Ian held onto his sister for dear life, not caring in the slightest about keeping up his aloof act as stones and debris rained down around them. Natalie was screaming, more out of shock and fear than pain (he hoped) as the Kabra siblings huddled behind one of the trees rimming the church graveyard.

The pair of them had been staking out the perimeter of the church, watching as Irina and Alistair had arrived and gone in, and then as the Holts had sneaked around the area. Natalie kept twitching beside her brother, eagerly waiting for the first sign of Amy and Dan so that they could swoop in and steal the clue right from under their noses as they'd planned. Ian was ashamed to admit that he had barely paid Hamilton and his father any mind as they had skulked around the church, as he too was awaiting the Cahills' appearance.

Natalie was unaffected as the minutes ticked past, but Ian grew more and more uneasy as the time when Amy and Dan should have come up the hill came and went. He knew that something was wrong, but with Natalie at his elbow there was no way he could try to contact anyone to see what had happened. The elder Kabra had just been figuring out how he could slip away from his sister when the explosion had rocked the church, sending both Lucians sprawling.

The bomb couldn't have been particularly powerful, judging by the relatively weak force of the initial explosion, but either the Holts were cleverer than he gave them credit for or they just got lucky because ground zero appeared to be right in the structural heart of the old building. Down came Humpty Dumpty, and Ian was sure in that moment that all the Ekats' tools and all the Ekats' brains could never put it back together again.

And he wasn't just talking about the church.

Ian chanced raising his head once he felt reassured enough that the heaviest debris had already fallen. It was hard to see anything through the smoke, flames, and dust, but Ian thought he could just make out a single shadowy figure staggering away from the wreckage.

Forget following the original timeline. The worst of the stones may have come down already, but flames were still spreading quickly. Ian staggered to his feet, one arm still tightly wrapped around his sister, turned on his heels, and ran as fast as he could from the scene.

He could only pray that the others were all right.

*****AOA-TCHT2/AOA-THCT2/AOA-TCHT2*****

Ian leaned against the wall in his coffee shop booth, glancing around subtly with every sip of his cheap, disgusting coffee. His jitters had nothing to do with the caffeine, and everything to do with the adrenaline that was still coursing through his veins. 

He had managed to get himself and Natalie back to their hotel, and the moment Natalie had collapsed in bed to sleep off the shock of the day's events, Ian was gone. The Lucian had sneaked down to the laundry rooms (if his cousins had seen him, they would never let him hear the end of it) and out one of the side doors of the hotel, stealing a nondescript hoodie as he went to blend in with the crowd. His phone weighed heavily in his pocket, and Ian resisted the urge to check it for the millionth time to re-read his coded Madrigal message. He was sure that he had the place right, but where was -

Ian nearly jumped out of his skin as someone cleared their throat right in front of him. 

The Kabra's head shot up, only for him to relax as he recognized Erasmus sitting across from him (how had he not seen/heard him sit down?).

"It's dangerous, meeting in person like this," Erasmus said in an undertone, casually looking around the shop for any potential eavesdroppers. Seeing none, he returned his attention to Ian, who was almost glaring at him in his impatience.

"Amy and Dan are fine." The words knocked Ian back in his seat in sheer relief as he released a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. "They were with Nellie, Jonah, and Broderick in the Catacombs when the bomb went off, well out of harm's way."

Ian nodded, letting this sink in, noting Nellie and Jonah's names as well with equal levels of relief. "What about the ones who were inside - Alistair, Irina?" Ian pressed. Erasmus's face darkened slightly.

"We don't know. Neither one of their bodies were found in the wreckage, but that wasn't the kind of explosion that anyone could walk away from unscathed."

Ian's mind flashed back to the shadowy figure he'd seen leaving the scene earlier, but before he speak up Erasmus was talking again.

"We're trying to find them, especially Alistair, but unfortunately they're not our biggest concern at the moment." The ominous note in the older man's voice caught Ian's attention and held it fast. The relief he had felt only moments ago was already fading to dread at what he was about to hear. 

Erasmus leaned forward slightly, lowering his voice even further. "The only reason Amy and Dan weren't in the church when it blew was because someone blocked the trapdoor connecting the graveyard to the Catacombs," he said. Ian opened his mouth, but Erasmus cut him off again. "It wasn't me, or Fiske, and everyone else was off playing their own roles. We don't know who locked them down there, and we don't know if it was to protect them from the bomb or to trap them underground. But as you know, this never happened in original time and that means whoever did this could be a huge danger to not only us, but the entire timeline itself."

The dread turned to ice in Ian's gut. His Lucian training kicked in and kept his face neutral, but his mind was racing.

"So what does that mean for us?" he asked as calmly as he could. Erasmus's face was solemn as he slid a package across the table to Ian, who pocketed it without a second glance.

"It means that Fiske and I won't be able to be around much at all," he said. "We have to track whoever it is down, as well as figure out which Vesper came back with us and whether they're possibly the same person. The best we can do for those of you in the Clue Hunt is run as a medium for secret communications, but even those will have to be few and far between."

Ian nodded in understanding, even if he inwardly wanted to stamp his feet and scream in frustration. "So basically, we're going to have to run through this Hunt as separate and ignorant as we did the first time, with the added bonus of having to pretend to try and kill each other at every turn?" he stated with a slight bite to his tone. Erasmus leaned back, his expression unchanged.

"Yes. I'm sorry. Delete my message - Fiske and I will try to be in touch as soon as we can," he said, rising to his feet. And with that, the older man walked out of the coffee shop and disappeared.

Ian sat there for a few more minutes, gripping his now-cold cup a little too tightly. Eventually, he let out a long drawn out sigh, never appearing more like a regular, average teenager than he did in that moment, and stood up. Leaving the half-full cup on the table, Ian followed Erasmus's path out the door, fingering the vial-shaped package in his pocket as he went.

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Guess who's still writing?

Check out All Over Again - The Clue Hunt, Take 2 (Updated 2017)

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep dreaming.

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

Amazing as always.

• Posted at:

"For every person you save, there's gonna be somebody you can't." -Joe West, in The Flash

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

coindusk1

Worth waiting for! I'm glad you're still posting on this!

• Posted at:

Colin

Creativity+Strength+Innovation+Strategy+Diplomacy should be Unstoppable

Together they should = the CAHILL FAMILY

For best results, all five parts are needed; hopefully you know this, Doublecross authors...

Front sm

bulldogbreaking356

I need more!

~DELL~

• Posted at:

~DELL~

Christian!!!!!

Chocoholic!!!!

Amian!!!

Soon to be Jonah Wizard's Girlfriend!!

Author!

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

Back from the dead, eh? Brilliant.

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

amazing!! please continue!

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

bump

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

jadecobra404

Branch: Lucian

YAY!PLEASE UPDATE SOON! (and please continue with the Amian)

• Posted at:

Madeline.

Bring back the old MB.

Cahill Princess Android Demigod Other

I ship Jake with a long walk off a short bridge.

Front sm

bluesparrow63

Please do more?

• Posted at:

J Gropius

Jamie Kabra

Sheer Cüld

White Colér

Kiara Moonglow

Sarah Potter

Veronica

Evan Potter

Maria Juanita

Cara

Charlie

Leah Johnson

Wren

Zalika Windbound

Lylii Farnette

Amy Lawliet

Amygna Hewley

Jamie out

PEAS!

#BRIT-FUFF-FUFF

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

bump

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Happy 2015 :)

Chapter 32

If Dan thought it had been agonizing to do all the research for the Clue Hunt in the original timeline, it was 1000 times worse the second time around.

The boy hung back at Mozarthaus, letting Amy do all the fake-fawning over the musician's possessions (actually, he wasn't sure it was entirely faked. Head of the Cahill Family and still looking far too interested in an ancient inkwell; only his sister). Dan just wanted to go downstairs to the library, 'notice' that Nannerl Mozart's diary was mysteriously missing, and be done with it. At least the first time around, he and Amy had an actual interest in trying to figure out the secret of the music score from Paris. Every library, museum, and gallery they'd visited always had the potential to lead them to their next clue, so even he had never put up any real fuss at the hours they'd spent there. Now, however, he had no interest in Gideon Cahill's serum (Dan ran through the formula sometimes in his head, if only to reinforce just how pointless their current location was) and there was absolutely no appeal in spending the whole afternoon wandering around a dusty old house. At least in a couple hours they'd be breaking into Jonah's hotel room - Jonah had promised to make things a little easier this time, and Nellie was going to do her best not to get caught again. It still promised to be an...exciting night.

Thinking about Jonah brought Dan's thoughts back to the last time they'd seen their famous cousin, back in France. Jonah's face had gone pale when the distant boom of the church exploding echoed through the Catacombs, and he hung back as far as he dared behind his father (who was being distracted by Nellie as all five of them made their way to the surface) to whisper worriedly with Dan and Amy. Clearly, Hamilton had once again been unable to stop his family from setting the bomb. It was the Franklin Institute all over again - except this time, there was no telling if there were casualties. All three of them feared for Alistair, Irina, Ian, and Natalie.

As soon as the exit to the tunnels had come into view, Dan, Amy, and Nellie made a big show of 'escaping' from the Wizards and fleeing back to their hotel. There, they had anxiously tried contacting Fiske and Erasmus to no avail. Amy had turned to the local news to try and get any information, but there were no details about the explosion on any of the local stations.

Eventually, Erasmus had shown up at their door, but his debrief had brought little comfort. Apparently Ian and Natalie were fine (which made them all sigh in relief), but Alistair and Irina were completely MIA. No one had any idea who had closed the trapdoor on them, saving Dan and Amy from being caught in the blast. To top it all off, no one had seen the Holts since they'd set the bomb outside the church. The purple ice cream van had been found abandoned two streets away from the wreckage, and all the ice cream had been left behind. That, more than anything, worried Dan and Amy about the state of the Tomas family.

Erasmus had only stayed long enough to relay the information, take the vial from the Catacombs to give to Ian, and pass along Fiske's instructions to keep playing their parts. That meant hopping a train to Vienna (which had been unnervingly uneventful with the Holts' absence) and checking in to an Austrian hotel, which he, Amy, and Nellie had done with little enthusiasm.

Dan could see Irina faking her death to get the upper hand in the Clue Hunt, but Alistair was another story. After everything they'd been through in the future together, at the very least he would have found a way to send them a coded message to tell them he was alive. With he and Irina missing, the Holts skulking somewhere in the shadows, and the Starlings fate unknown, the timeline was already starting to unravel - barely one Clue into the Hunt, no less. Dan questioned how much longer there'd even be a point to trying to play their original roles, and when they'd have to abandon the Clue Hunt and find another way to unite the family.

Hopefully, if and when that happened, there wouldn't be anymore stupid museums.

Dan was brought out of his reverie as Amy called to him in fake-excitement, pointing to a sign advertising the Mozart library downstairs. With a brief, dispelling shake of his head, Dan joined his sister at the top of the old stairwell and led the way to the basement; never noticing the eyes that followed them down into the dusty depths.

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

coindusk1

Thank you for posting.  This story has always been great, and it is getting even more interesting...

• Posted at:

Colin

Creativity+Strength+Innovation+Strategy+Diplomacy should be Unstoppable

Together they should = the CAHILL FAMILY

For best results, all five parts are needed; hopefully you know this, Doublecross authors...

Front sm

dogyellow583

Nice to see a story that is actually still being continued. All the other stories have been abandoned halfway through. In about a month this story will have it's 1 year birthday! :-) Lol

• Posted at:

Christy ~  currently trying to figure out what’s wrong with me 

Front sm

jadecobra404

Hurray! It's back!

• Posted at:

Madeline.

Bring back the old MB.

Cahill Princess Android Demigod Other

I ship Jake with a long walk off a short bridge.

Front sm

ambassadorstorm12

Continueth!

• Posted at:

I'm Titania: not a queen, not a fairy, not perfect.Just Titania.

I look at you and I see myself

And I know you better than anyone else

I have the same faucet in my eyes

So your tears are mine...

You're A Witch, Martha Cahill: /175009

Spy School RP: /175972

Front sm

purpleairport42

This has to be one of the best stories I've ever read on the MB! It's amazing how your story never fails to amaze me. Keep up the brilliant work! :)

-Maziah

• Posted at:

You don't remember what happened.

What you remember becomes what happened.

Front sm

bluesparrow63

This story is AMAZING!

• Posted at:

J Gropius

Jamie Kabra

Sheer Cüld

White Colér

Kiara Moonglow

Sarah Potter

Veronica

Evan Potter

Maria Juanita

Cara

Charlie

Leah Johnson

Wren

Zalika Windbound

Lylii Farnette

Amy Lawliet

Amygna Hewley

Jamie out

PEAS!

#BRIT-FUFF-FUFF

Front sm

fearlessdragon920

Awesome! keep going!I NEED MORE!

• Posted at:

~M.N.

Front sm

butterflydancing338

Cool story!

• Posted at:

HI!

I'm Aisha.

Please read my story ---> 259660

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" - Harry Potter

"Fear doesn't shut you down, it wakes you up." - Divergent

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

Bravo!

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

bump

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

amazing as always!! can't wait for the next part!

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

*dagger bookmark*

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

bump

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

bump

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

bump

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

angelpepper8

POST THE NEXT CHAPTER SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

Hi, my name is Alejandro

Poseidon rules

Proud Grifinder

Help me out with my RP at /209691          

#PUTIRBACK

#AllLivesMatter

#LeaveYourMark

#WearYourCrownRight

Front sm

penguinpurple138

aka PenguinPurple50

Wow good job on keeping this story going for 3-4 years. I wouldn't be able to do that.

• Posted at:

It's all about the ships

Magical rainboweverywhere!!!

INFJ

Trying not to turn everything into a sapphic angst fest

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

bump

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Hello everyone! Wow - it's hard to believe that it's been over a year since the last time I posted on this story. It's even harder to think that it's been over 4 years since I first started it. First, I wanted to give a huge thank you to anyone who may still be reading and to everyone who has ever read and enjoyed my writing. It really is thanks to you that this story has gotten as far as it has. Second, a special shoutout to BlueDevious1, AngelPepper8, PurplePenguin138, and anyone else who has stuck with this story and has been waiting a ridiculously long time for an update. You guys are amazing!! This one's for you - and here's to a way shorter wait for the next part!

-PhoenixWriter39/CleverReader3

Chapter 33

Amy was a little ashamed (and more than a little mad at herself) for forgetting just how much of a hassle 'discovering' that Nannerl Mozart's diary was missing had caused the first time around. She now vaguely remembered Dan making a crack about the SWAT team being called in, and she was irritated that, for once, 11 year old Dan's words hadn't been much of an exaggeration.

By the time that they had managed to get out of the Mozarthaus, Amy and Dan were both exhausted. On principle, the Cahills had avoided the police like the plague ever since the original Clue Hunt began. After their daring heists back in their future lives ('back in their future lives'? Amy shook her head to stave off the oncoming headache) on the whims of Vesper 1, the siblings were even less comfortable around officers - in any country.

"For once, we didn't actually do anything!" Dan muttered, shaking his head in frustration as they walked back towards their hotel. Amy couldn't help but laugh.

"Technically, we knew that Jonah was going to steal the diary. Does that count as 'aiding and abetting' in Austria?" Her tone was light, but Amy kept her voice down, just in case. They weren't that far from the scene of the crime yet, after all. 

Dan snorted.

"Well, if it is, we can add that to the long list of crimes we've committed during the Clue Hunt - either time around," he replied as they stopped to grab something to eat before returning to their room. Nellie all but pounced on them when they walked in, lured by the tantalizing smell of burgers and fries. All three of them wolfed down their fast food as they ran through their plan for their latest round of an age-old Cahill family-bonding exercise: 'Steal the Stolen Goods'.

Unsurprisingly, Nellie was the one to remind them that Jonah's room was a floor below the penthouse. "So help me, I am not touching any toilets this time around," she said firmly. Dan grinned at her, and Amy just rolled her eyes.

"That's fine," Amy said. "Otherwise... Well, let's be honest; we know everything, Jonah knows everything - we're really only playing this out for any observers' sake. To prove that we have the guts to not only break into a fancy hotel, but also steal from the popstar who's got cameras on him 24/7."

"Which means that we've got to make a bang," Dan sighed. "Dibbs on not being the one to fall through a table this time."

Nellie just raised an eyebrow. "Kiddo, I had to clean His Royal Highness's throne last time. Gimme the table any day. I'm all over it."

*** AOA-TCHT2/AOA-TCHT2/AOATCHT2 ***

"Okay, when I said I was all over it, I did not mean getting arrested. Again," Nellie complained as she walked back into the hotel room hours later. "I mean, really, they didn't even have to look around for hours to get their stupid uniform back this ti-"

She stopped short at the sight of her charges. Instead of the weary grins and wild tale of escape she'd been expecting, Amy and Dan were sitting silently on one of the beds. Both of them had sat bolt upright when she'd opened the door, but once they'd seen who it was, the Cahills slumped back into their previous positions. Amy was staring out the window, biting her lip as she peered up and down the Austrian street. Dan was fiddling with something in his hands, his head bent low.

"What's wrong?" Nellie asked after a brief pause. There couldn't have been an issue with the diary - Nellie could see it poking out of one of the bags on the floor, safely in their possession. Neither of them looked hurt, and she definitely would have heard something if they'd been caught at the hotel. As far as she could tell, everything had gone more or less according to plan.

And really, that should have been her first clue.

Dan was the only one to acknowledge her question. Without moving from the bed, he slowly uncurled his fingers and lifted his hand in response.

In Dan's palm was a Jonah Wizard action figure - the same figure which, by now, should have been in the hands of a certain ex-KGB agent.

*** AOA-TCHT2/AOA-TCHT2/AOATCHT2 ***

The trip to Salzburg was just as bumpy and cramped as it had been the first time around. Despite the lack of trouble (which was actually more worrying than the trouble itself) on the train ride to Vienna, none of them had wanted to risk public transport again. The landscape around them was as beautifully picturesque as ever, but it wasn't until they had reached the city that Amy and Dan pressed their noses eagerly to the glass. Each of them took one side of the car, scanning the sidewalks and burning holes through the windows of every bus they passed.

Nothing.

Exchanging an uneasy look with her passengers, Nellie wordlessly turned around when they reached their hotel, retracing their path through the city. She actually drove under the speed limit for once, taking detours down some of the less populated streets and doubling back around a block whenever someone in the car so much as furrowed their brow in a certain direction. 

No matter how much they hated it, though, eventually the trio had to admit defeat. The gas tank was running as low as their spirits as they finally pulled into the parking lot of their hotel. Nellie killed the engine, leaving the vehicle in complete silence. The three of them sat there quietly for a long moment, avoiding eye contact, each unwilling to voice what they all knew now to be irrefutable.

Just as Irina has been glaringly absent in Vienna, Alistair Oh was nowhere to be seen in Salzburg.

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

angelpepper8

Finally, you posted again. 

• Posted at:

Hi, my name is Alejandro

Poseidon rules

Proud Grifinder

#PUTIRBACK

#AllLivesMatter

#LeaveYourMark

#WearYourCrownRight

Front sm

spicywerewolf11

So this definitely deserves a proper review so here it goes

Clever reader, this is brilliant. Your writing is excellent and very in line to the 39 Clues books. Your work should be published. The are very good and overall, I almost believed that this was an actual 39 clues book I was reading, especially at the sane with meeting Erasmus for the first time. You've left us all in suspense, with so much going on with the characters and all its amazing. One criticism I have is your reference to characters. I do admire your use of exploration of character titles (e.g Dan is also the boy, the madrigal, the 11-year old, etc) but i think you use this too much and it just becomes annoying for me as a reader. I'm not saying drop that altogether, just do it more infrequently. 

I totally understand why there's long delays between chapters but you need to keep your audience interested too. My advice is to work on one story at a time. It looks like you do a few others too. 

Anyway, that's all from me, keep up the exemplary work! Look forward to chapter updates.

From, Jordan

'The Lucian Werewolf'

• Posted at:

Who am I?

I'm cunning

I'm brilliant

I'm an excellent writer cooking up the perfect storm

I'm Kabra crazy

I'm The Lucian Werewolf

Front sm

angelpepper8

PLEASE POST SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

Hi, my name is Alejandro

Poseidon rules

Proud Grifinder

#PUTIRBACK

#AllLivesMatter

#LeaveYourMark

#WearYourCrownRight

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Thanks for the lovely review, Jordan, and for the encouragement, AngelPepper8. You guys rock!

Chapter 34

"...So what do we do?"

It was Dan who finally voiced the question. They were in their Salzburg hotel room, having checked in early for lack of any other better ideas. At this point, Amy and Dan should have been wandering the tunnels below yet another church, ears ringing after an explosion and on their way to steal a useless drink recipe from some very dedicated monks. Dan never thought that he'd actually wish to be stumbling around blindly underground, but he felt just as disoriented right now as he would be down there - and at least there he'd know that things were still more or less on the right track. Now, however...

"I know what we can't do."

Amy stood up to pace, running a hand through her hair in agitation as she went back and forth across their tiny hotel room. She huffed out a low sigh.

"We've been trying to duplicate the Clue Hunt exactly as it was before. But we can't - too much of it was pure timing. Look at us! We haven't even reached the second clue yet, and everything's changed. Irina, the Starlings, and Alistair are all MIA. The Holts are becoming dangerously unpredictable. We don't have Uncle Fiske watching our backs so much anymore. For goodness sake, we don't even have Saladin!"

Dan winced. They had left Paris in a rush before Mr. McIntyre could get in touch, meaning that their faithful feline companion was conspicuously absent. Dan had felt that absence keenly.

"So what? Do we just head for Venice and skip everything that happened here in Salzburg?" Nellie asked. Amy closed her eyes.

"Without Uncle Alistair leading us on, we have no reason to go to the church. I'm pretty sure he was behind the original explosion that opened up the path to the monks' recipe - it never actually came up - so we'd basically just wander aimlessly even if we went. We also stole the hint about Venice from him, so if anyone's watching us right now, we risk raising some unwanted eyebrows for magically knowing where to go next."

Silence rang through the hotel room for a long moment as the reality of their newest situation began to sink in.

"...Well, at least we always have one foolproof plan to fall back on."

Nellie and Amy exchanged a look of confusion before turning to look inquisitively at Dan.

"Hacking the Lucian spy network?" Nellie asked after a moment. "Stealing some top-notch Ekat gear?"

"Trying to contact the others? Research?" Amy tried.

Dan shook his head.

"Food. Let's go eat."

***AOA-TCHT2/AOA-TCHT2/AOA-TCHT2***

Amy had to hand it to Dan. Desolate as their current situation may be, chowing down on some delicious Austrian cuisine made everything seem just a tiny a bit better. At least they wouldn't be against the world on an empty stomach.

"Come on," she said to her companions as they all finished their meal at the cosy little restaurant. "I want to go check out that church, just in case. Uncle Alistair might have actually been there for a reason the first time around."

"Besides trying to take us out, you mean?" Dan muttered, but got up swiftly enough and followed her out to the car. A little while later, they were shadowing one of the last tour groups of the day at St. Peter's Archabbey, waiting for the right moment before slipping into the communal tomb where the remains of Nannerl Mozart had found their final rest. Nellie (having not been there before) was looking around in vague interest while Dan stared in the direction of the catacombs, leaving Amy to walk up to the plain stone structure alone.

"I still think you deserved more, Nannerl," she said quietly, looking down at the one name near the bottom of the many that were listed. Amy stared for a long moment more, sighing after a beat as she moved to walk away - only to narrow her eyes suddenly and drop to a crouch to examine the stone more closely.

"Amy?" she heard Nellie ask behind her, but Amy wasn't listening. She was right - that dark patch on the tomb's wall right beside Nannerl Mozart's name was not simply a spot of dirt, as her first glance suggested; it had the distinct shape of a very familiar wolf, along with the tiniest arrow pointing to one of the unadorned stone walls nearby. Amy turned and walked in a straight line until she reached the wall. Sure enough, a few feet from the floor, another dirt-wolf lingered in the corner of a loose-looking stone. Dan and Nellie came up behind her as Amy pried at the rock, letting out a small cry of victory as it came out fairly easily. She reached into the newly made hole with shaking fingers - and pulled out the same piece of paper that, in another life, had once been hiding in Alistair Oh's cane.

"...I take it this wasn't here before," Nellie said quietly after a moment, taking in Amy and Dan's shocked expressions. Dan slowly shook his head as he and Amy exchanged a quick look, suddenly uneasy as they glanced around the otherwise empty room. 

"Let's get out of here," Amy said hurriedly, tucking the precious paper inside her jacket and leading the way out of the room, eager all of a sudden to get as far away from Nannerl Mozart's tomb as possible. The trek back outside was mercifully uneventful, but Amy and Dan couldn't shake the feeling that they were being watched as they got in the car and sped away.

"I guess that settles it, then," Amy said once they were back on their way to the hotel. "Venice, here we come."

The words should have been a relief, but instead all three Madrigals only felt a growing sense of unease. It was convenient turn of events - but it was a little too convenient, especially when the Cahills were involved. Without a single Madrigal code in sight, Amy, Dan, and Nellie couldn't help but feel like this 'hint' provided far more questions than answers.

Acting out the uncertainty that came with the Clue Hunt had merely seemed like a mission up until this point - a dangerous one, but at least comfortingly familiar and predictable.

Suddenly everything seemed a bit less comforting, and a lot more real.

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

decodingdragon1366

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

APRIL/RO 

"I love the DARK"

All shall bow down to me, as I am a QUEEN. 

I dream. I write. I read. I live. 

#Freakslikeme<3

#Wearefamily

#Ichosehappy

#ComehomeClev

#I'mnotClay

#Iamtitanium

#Callonme

#NeverForgetCyra 

Front sm

bluedevious1

aka JourneyHideout1

bump

• Posted at:

Madeleine Cahill 

1 , 2 , 3 ... , 10 ,