Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Branch: Janus

Hey everyone! I've decided to start a new story - thanks to everyone who's been reading my other one, "Amy's 'Boyfriend'" - and, well, here it is! Enjoy!

All Over Again - The Clue Hunt, Take 2

Prologue

Amy Cahill sighed as she finally dragged herself to bed at 3am. She was so exhausted that she could barely keep her eyes open, having sat in front of a computer screen for practically 6 hours straight, and it was with great relief that the 16 year old collapsed onto the slightly lumpy mattress. Beside her, Dan groaned something unintelligible as he hit the other bed face first and lay motionless on top of the covers.

The hostage situation had gone from bad to worse; not only had Nellie been shot, but now Uncle Alistair was in serious danger too. She and Dan, with the help of the Rosenbloom brothers and the Madrigals back in Attleboro, had been completing tasks for the mysterious 'Vesper 1' around the world, with their loved ones' lives hanging in the balance. It had been both a relief and torture to see the pictures that they had been texted of the captives every once in a while; 1) they were alive, but 2) they were clearly miserable and at the complete mercy of their captors. Amy only prayed that they'd all be able to keep this up - they'd had plenty of close calls over the past couple weeks, and it would only take one slip up and then... that would be it. She shivered.

"Stop worrying and go to sleep." Dan's slightly disgruntled, but mostly weary voice broke the silence. Startled, Amy glanced over at her brother, only to see that he had not moved from his position with his face buried in his pillow. He really did know her too well. She opened her mouth to protest how impossible that statement was, but a soft snore cut her off before she could start. Dan had clearly taken his own advice and drifted off. Good, she thought. He needed all the rest he could get - they both did. Amy wearily raised an arm to shut off the lamp on the bedside table. Maybe, just maybe, things would look brighter in the morning. It was the only hope she could hold on to as the teenager rolled over and drifted off to sleep.

"Amy! Wake up!"

"H-huh?"

Amy's eyes opened slowly as the girl was jolted out her slumber. She hesitated, feeling the strong urge to roll over and go back to sleep, but something stopped her. There was something about that voice, her half-asleep brain was telling her, something that wasn't quite right. It sounded familiar, sure, but still...wrong, somehow.

"Amy, I will not call you again! We have to leave in an hour, young lady, and we will not be late to the funeral!" Funeral?

Amy sat bolt upright, flailing wildly in panic. Who had died? Was it one of the hostages? Did Vesper 1 finally make good on his threat? Had she and Dan failed?

The Madrigal opened her mouth, ready to scream her questions at the top of her lungs and pray for reassuring answers, when her fatigued brain finally caught up with her and abruptly brought her up short. She did know that voice, but she hadn't heard it in a long time... It couldn't be... Amy closed her mouth with a snap as her eyes took in her surroundings and widened to the size of dinner plates. This was not the dingy hotel she had fallen asleep in...but a room, eerily, much more familiar.

Shivers started to wrack Amy's body as she slowly pushed the covers off her and stood up. She revolved on the spot, taking in the small dresser, the clothes hanging neatly in the closet, the pictures in frames around the room, and the posters hanging on the walls. Amy knew this room, just like she knew that voice, and just like she knew that this was all impossible.

Slowly, ever so slowly, Amy raised her eyes to the mirror hanging across the room on the closet door.

Just when she had thought that she had seen it all, the universe had thrown her for another loop. For staring back at her was the pale, shy-looking relfection of her 14 year old self.
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

CleverReader3

Guess who's still writing?

Check out All Over Again - The Clue Hunt, Take 2 (Updated 2017)

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep dreaming.

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

Whoa.

~Vanessa~
  • Posted at:

dawndancer15 aka ButterflyActress33

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

"Charming, 'andsome, and speaks French? Amy, keep him." - Marguerite Beaufort

Updates every Tuesday and Friday! 

Read the new and improved rewrite at: forums/topics/287662

Front sm

cloudburstbreaking12

aka FieryJunior1

Branch: Lucian

Hey! I like this story...and I can't wait for you to update. XD

~Agent Fieryjunior1
  • Posted at:

cloudburstbreaking12 aka FieryJunior1

"Youmayregretsomethingsyoualreadyknowthatyoushouldn'thaveknowninthefirstplace."

Front sm

cleverkitten46

aka CleverOutsmarting11

Awesome!
  • Posted at:

cleverkitten46 aka CleverOutsmarting11

Anna Cahill    

Want to spread the 39 Clues spirit? Join the 39 Clues Writing Center!

http://www.the39clues.com/messageboard/show/43994 

CLASSIFIED

O_O.
What Vanessa said. 
  • Posted at:

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Chapter 1

Amy couldn't breath.

The teen stared into her own eyes in wonder. Murderous relatives, 500 year old mysteries, and breaking into some of the most guarded locations on the planet were one thing, but time travel? She was sure that none of the Cahills had ever achieved anything remotely close to going to the past (as the leader of the Madrigals, she had access to files that were miles above ultra-classified), and if the Vespers had this sort of power they would have surely have used it to take over the world a long time ago. 

Amy fell back onto her bed, her head swimming. She was so stunned and confused that she almost missed the screech of "AMY!" that echoed from somewhere beyond her bedroom door. "Coming!" she yelled back on reflex. A moment later her brain caught up with her and she leapt up as though she had received an electric shock, remembering what had prompted her to get up so hastily in the first place.

A...a funeral?

Her eyes moved as if by their own accord, drifting slowly, agonizingly slowly to her closet, hoping against hope that she wouldn't find what she knew she would see. And, sure enough, there it was; the black dress that she had been forced to buy for one event and one event only...Grace's funeral.

It took all of Amy's strength not to just collapse into a heap and sob her heart out right then and there. She didn't even notice that her body went on auto-pilot, pulling the dress off its hanger and changing into it.

She had time travelled, time travelled, into the past...and she couldn't even have gone back far enough to see Grace alive just one more time? She had to wake up and re-live one of the saddest days of her life? It was true - the universe really did hate her and Dan.

Dan...

Amy's hands had barely let go of the dress' zipper before they were reaching for the doorknob, wrenching it open hastily. The 16-turned-14 year old turned to her left and was nearly run over by a small form in a rumpled suit, who seemed to see her at the last second and narrowly avoided a painful collision. The boy lost his balance, however, and tripped, sprawling onto the floor at her feet.

"...Dan?"

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

CLASSIFIED

Whoa! This is gonna be good... I reckon. I think I'll keep checking up on this story. Hmmm...
Waiting for the next installment.
                  Tim
  • Posted at:

Front sm

cleverkitten46

aka CleverOutsmarting11

Cool! 
  • Posted at:

Anna Cahill    

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Chapter 2

Dan looked up. His eyes flashed with a wide range of emotions, each flickering and vanishing before Amy could identify them. He tilted his head, staring searchingly at her. Amy stared back, holding her breath.

"...Atticus would be so jealous right now," Dan finally broke the silence, propping himself up with one hand and rubbing at his eyes with the other. Amy let out a half-shocked, half-relieved little laugh as she suddenly launched herself at an unsuspecting Dan. Said boy grunted as his sister knocked him back to the floor, but couldn't help but smile a little as Amy pulled back, her face a little red.

"Oh, thank God you're here too," she sighed in relief, pushing her long hair back behind her ear. "I don't know what I'd have done if I was the only one who, you know..."

"Travelled back in time?" Dan supplied, pushing himself back up and accepting Amy's hand, allowing her to haul him to his feet. Amy nodded, a bit of disbelief showing on her face.

"Just when we'd thought we'd seen it all, huh?" he joked lamely, rubbing the back of his head. Amy shot him a look. "Right. Sorry. Anyway, I don't suppose we have any sort of answers to the billions of questions currently racing around my head like NASCAR?"

"You mean like 'Why this day?', 'Who, if anyone, travelled back too?', and, most importantly, 'How the heck is this possible?'" Amy asked sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "No. I'm the head of the Cahills now, aren't I? I would definitely have been informed if we were working on anything as serious as time travel."

"Technically, you're going to be the head of the Cahills," Dan pointed out. "But we can find out that second one," he continued quickly, before Amy could say anything. "After all, we are going to be seeing most everyone today. You know...at the funeral." He looked down. Grace's death was still a sore spot for both of them, and this day ranked high on their (unfortunately long) list of bad memories. He clenched his fists, willing himself to channel his eleven year old self, the one who had been looking forward to getting a grave rubbing of his grandmother's headstone. Thirteen year old Dan was much more bitter.

"AMY! DAN! GET OUT HERE OR WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!"

Both of them jumped as Aunt Beatrice's voice echoed down the hallway. The Cahills siblings looked at each other, Amy nervously smoothing out the wrinkles in her dress. "Remember the codes we made?" she said quietly as they hesitated for a moment. "The ones that proved we were who we said we were?" Dan nodded, resisting the urge to roll his eyes. He did have a photographic memory.

"Duh. So that's the plan, then? See who else is here from our time?" he asked as they slowly began making their way to the kitchen, where Aunt Beatrice was no doubt waiting impatiently. "What about Grace's will? And the Clue Hunt? And the mansion being burned down?" his voice dropped even lower. "...What if we're the only ones?"

Amy bit her lip. "We'll figure that out on the way," she replied, trying to convey a confidence she did not feel. Dan gave her a look that clearly stated that he saw right through her, as always. That look slowly changed into one of wide-eyed shock as they approached the doorway to the kitchen.

"Amy..." he said slowly, grabbing her arm and holding it tightly. "We're going to see Irina."

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Chapter 3

Amy held onto her book tightly, pretending to read as she, Beatrice, and Dan drove towards Attleboro. She had the weirdest sense of deja vu (and she was sure that it would be far from the last time that would happen). To think, two years ago, this was her: a shy, stuttering, quiet girl who hid behind books so that she never had to face her fear of crowds.

The girl glanced towards the mirror over her head, catching Dan's eye. And to think, two years ago, Dan was an annoying, immature, self-proclaimed ninja who collected everything. Now, staring into his eyes - eyes that seemed so much older than his mental 13 years - she found it hard to believe that that was really them, once upon a time. Amy could see why everyone thought that she and Dan had no chance in the Clue Hunt - they were certainly the underdogs the first time around. Now, however...

Dan blinked, staring at her. Amy was grateful for their almost-psychic connection once again as they had a silent conversation.

So, we're going to see if the Kabras, Holts, Starlings and Alistair came back too
Dan raised an eyebrow.

Right Amy nodded. We should try dropping some hints for Fiske as well - we know he's going to be there

What about Nellie? Dan 'asked.' They hadn't had time to see their au pair since Beatrice had whisked them out the door so quickly, and so had no idea if Nellie was their Nellie or not.

We can worry about her later Amy replied, putting aside her own apprehension about that particular meeting for the time being to focus on the task ahead. But Irina...

Dan looked down for a moment before looking back into the mirror. She died long before we travelled back in time. She didn't even live to see the end of the Clue Hunt or the semi-reuniting of our family or the Vesper threat. She'll probably be her old, ruthless self.

Meaning that we can't trust her
Amy agreed. But she won't die this time around. Well, at least not the way she did. Dan nodded somberly. They both knew all too well how dangerous and lethal being a part of 'the family business' could be.

Amy looked away as Beatrice snapped at her to put her book down - just like she had the first time this trip had happened. The girl complied silently, not bothering to put up any fuss. As soon as their great-aunt's attention was back on the road, Amy's eyes sought Dan's in the mirror.

The Madrigal siblings continued their 'discussion' for the rest of the trip, coming up with vague plans for if other family members had travelled to the past and plans for if they were alone. Plans for what to do at Grace's will reading, and how to protect the mansion if the Holts weren't fellow time travellers and decided to torch the place again. By the time they drove through the familiar land up towards Grace's home, Amy and Dan had run through several different scenarios and had come up with tentative plans for each potential outcome.

But as they stepped out of the car and surveyed the large crowd of people already gathered at the grave site, the Cahill siblings couldn't help but feel like their younger selves had felt on this day; apprehensive, nervous, and, above all, as the familiar ache was made fresh again from what they knew they would have to sit through a second time, missing their grandmother.

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

cleverkitten46

aka CleverOutsmarting11

Nice! :)
  • Posted at:

Anna Cahill    

Front sm

scarletdawn129

aka AgentAqua566

Awesome! Pls post need to know more!
  • Posted at:

scarletdawn129 aka AgentAqua566

Front sm

dragoncat300

aka GeneralCobra128

Please continue!
  • Posted at:

dragoncat300 aka GeneralCobra128

Spread The Word of God!

'Don't cry because it's over... Smile because it happened'

'Someone who's afraid of the ghost of a donut has no right to judge!'

Kesesese~

CLASSIFIED

more
  • Posted at:

Front sm

singingtwilight16

aka PantherJanus3

Continue!!!
~Karen~
  • Posted at:

Karen Styles the Directioner

New Yorker

Professional Weirdo

Why are you looking at me like that?

CLASSIFIED

This. Is. Genius. Please post more soon; I'm dying to know if the other Cluehunters (the Kabras in particular) remember anything. Oh my mother of Jane Cahill, I just realized something: they'll get to see Nellie again! And Fiske! And Natalie! And... well you get my point. Have mercy on me and post more of the story, and soon, because I'm dying of suspense here!

Hailey 
  • Posted at:

Front sm

singingtwilight16

aka PantherJanus3

Please Post MORE!!!Don't let this post die!
~Karen~
  • Posted at:

New Yorker

Professional Weirdo

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Branch: Ekaterina

This is amazing! You've got to continue soon!

-Sam 
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- The name is Sam. Female.

- I write, read, and apparently am good at maths and other school stuff.

- I'm 16, and in Year 12.

- I'm Australian.

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. - Bill Gates

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Thanks everyone! I actually looked back in The Maze of Bones to re-write this as accurately as possible, so some of this (and following) chapter(s) comes directly from the series. You'll probably recognize most of it - but hey, it's a time travel story! 

Chapter 4

Amy and Dan walked down the driveway to the family graveyard, glancing at each other as their memories of this day flashed through their minds yet again.

"Glad I got over my fear of crowds," Amy murmured as they drew closer and closer to the large group of people. Beside her, Dan twitched. They both remembered all too well who the first of their family were to...'greet' them the first time around.

Sure enough, just as the pair of them joined the procession, Dan felt a hand wrap around each of his ankles. It took all the willpower he had not to lash out at his attackers (though his mind was well-trained, his 11 year old body was not) as he was suddenly turned upsidedown.

"Hey!" he yelled indignantly. 

"Look, guys," one of his captors said. "We caught a rat!"

Amy had to hide her wince of disappointment as Madison and Reagan held Dan by the ankles and debated whether to throw her brother into the creek or the bushes. Searching their faces, the Madrigal knew that they were not acting; the twins were just their regular 11 year old selves. She bit her lip, trying to hold back the worry that was threatening to consume her. That was two down already - one of whom was one of the hostages! (Though she - and Dan, she knew - were relieved to see Reagan safe again) What was the likelihood that any of the others had come back? What if...no...

Amy, lost in thought, missed Eisenhower Holt mock-chiding the girls with Mary-Todd laughing beside him and Arnold the pitbull barking by their feet and blinked as Dan called, "Amy! A little help here?"

"Oh! Uh..." she stumbled, trying to remember what she had said (or rather, stuttered) at this point orginally. Not for the first time, she envied Dan's photographic memory. He could probably recite most of the whole day word for word.

Dan sighed, thankfully covering for her. "She's trying to say 'DROP ME!'" he cried, only to grunt in pain as the twins did just that. She hardly heard Madison jeering about taking a last look around the place as she frowned, the feeling that something wasn't quite right rising within her. It took her brain a moment to catch up, long enough for Dan to retort to Madison, and she suddenly realized what was missing: Hamilton's laughter.

Internally smacking herself for being so focussed on the twins, Amy turned towards the last member of the Holt family.

Only to find him staring back at her.

Amy blinked once, then again. To the unsuspecting observer, she must have looked like she had something in her eyes from the rapid series of blinks and pauses that followed. After a long moment, Amy finally stopped, holding her breath as she looked at her Tomas cousin. This was it...the second of many moments of truth...

Hamilton's eyes widened as he held her gaze. And then...he began to blink back.

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

singingtwilight16

aka PantherJanus3

Yay you posted please continue!!!!
~Karen~
  • Posted at:

New Yorker

Professional Weirdo

CLASSIFIED

Continue! As soon as you can!

Hailey 
  • Posted at:

Front sm

dragoncat300

aka GeneralCobra128

OoO Morse code!
  • Posted at:

Spread The Word of God!

Kesesese~

CLASSIFIED

LOVE IT!!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

lightningdragon818

aka AnalyzingAdventure1083

cool continue! amian?!?!?! plz!!!!!!!!! make it amian!
  • Posted at:

lightningdragon818 aka AnalyzingAdventure1083

A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you will know the debt is payed.

-Tyrion Lannister to Cersei Lannister

GAME OF THRONES

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Thanks again, everyone!  So, it seems like Hamilton has come back too...but not the twins! What about the others? Ian? Natalie? Sinead? Jonah?

You'll just have to read on to find out.

Chapter 5

Amy's knees trembled below her as she nearly collapsed out of sheer relief (the shaking probably helped her '14 year old self' act seem more real). She and Dan weren't alone, she knew that for sure now. The relief in Hamilton's eyes was clear as well as he finished blinking out his response to Amy's code and shot her a covert smile.

Then his eyes widened as he noticed the pause in conversation beside them, and he turned to see his family (and Dan, who had not missed their exchange while he had been busy distracting the other Holts) staring at him expectantly. "Oh, yeah, right! Just wait, Da-er, midget! I, uh, think I'll use that old library as my own personal gym once the place is ours!" he stumbled, his memory and acting skills obviously not as good as Dan's. Luckily, his family didn't seem to notice anything strange.

"All right, team," Eisenhower all but bellowed. "Enough of this. Formation!"

Old habits die hard, which meant that Hamilton instinctually lined up with the rest of his family without missing a beat, despite his gaze being locked on Amy and Dan. There was no time to exchange any more messages before the other boy was swept away by the rest of the Holts into the crowd (or rather, bulldozing through it). Amy turned to Dan.

"Is your head okay?" she asked out loud, while her eyes gleamed with another message. Hamilton's here too! We're not alone!

Dan nodded, both to her question and to her unspoken words. "Man, I hate the Holts," he replied. Yes! One down, but...

Amy blinked as her gaze suddenly focused on something behind Dan, just as he knew it would. "We've got worse problems," she said. There was no hidden message with that statement as Dan turned and spotted Ian and Natalie over talking to the preacher by Grace's coffin. The two Cahills stood there, not bothering to continue their fake conversation, and tensed slightly as Ian's eyes drifted their way. Amy held her breath for what already seemed like the hundredth time that day as the British boy's gaze zeroed in on her and Dan. She stared at him, trying to decipher what thoughts were running through his perfectly styled head.

It was only a second, but it felt like an eternity to Amy as she waited for the Lucian to act. A wink, a nod, some sort of signal...

...But Ian merely smirked at the two siblings before he returned his attention to the preacher.

• Posted at:

CleverReader3

Front sm

cleverkitten46

aka CleverOutsmarting11

Cool! Post more! :)
I posted on our story.  
  • Posted at:

Anna Cahill    

CLASSIFIED

Does that mean Ian remembers or not?

Hailey 
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

post more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ILLL die if you dont conyinue  aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!111!11111111NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII hate waiting             Lik e thissd mmmoooorrr'
TRRmortmOOOORRRRe!!!!!11!@QeQbg  more
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Yeahhhhh.. sorry about that posdt. what i meant to say was:
Write more!!!!!!
ill die if you dont  continue!!
mmmmmmooooooooorrrrrrreeeer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soooooooooo... now that we have that clarified, Write more!!!!!!!! 
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Write more or I'll... Er... Give me a few weeks and I'll tell you what I'll do!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Sorry for the wait, everyone! Ha ha, glad you all like the story so much :) Without further ado, here it is!

Chapter 6

Amy was frozen, staring at Ian long after he'd turned away, trying to decipher what that smirk meant. Was this the old Ian, the arrogant (well...more arrogant) pre-Clue Hunt boy who wasted no opportunity to taunt and ridicule her? Or was it the Ian she knew, the one who had faced down his own mother by Amy's side?

She didn't know.

"Come on," Dan hissed, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her to their seats as the rest of the crowd did the same, following instructions that Amy hadn't heard. She snapped out of her daze as they sat down and picked up the programs that lay on their seats, trying to ignore the Kabra siblings who were taking their seats behind them. Amy blinked rapidly as she read the familiar words, feeling the swell of loss wash over her again as she and Dan both looked up at the cold coffin in front of them.

The funeral went just as she remembered, but it was no easier this time around to sit and listen to the minister's words, watch the coffin lowered, or toss a shovel of dirt over Grace's final resting place. Amy closed her eyes as the service finally ended, holding back her tears. She opened them again to see William McIntyre taking the podium.

Dan elbowed her, and the two of them exchanged a wide-eyed look as Mr. McIntyre began to speak. He spoke and acted exactly as they remembered as he introduced himself and instructed them to look through their programs, giving them no indication whatsoever that he wasn't exactly where he belonged in time. Amy gave Dan a despairing look as they pulled out their invitations, Dan staying silent this time around, and made their way up to the mansion as instructed, ignoring the annoyed shouting behind them.

"We don't know for sure," Dan muttered quietly. Amy just nodded as she caught sight of several familiar faces amidst the group walking up the hill. The Starlings, Alistair, and oh my - Irina were all there. The Holts were powering along too, Hamilton just managaing to catch Amy's eye long enough to wink as he passed.

Dan suddenly tripped beside her as something collided with his back, sending him flying forward. He would have fallen if not for the hand that caught and steadied him at the last second.

"Woah! Sorry about that, cuz," Jonah Wizard released Dan. Amy's heart leapt as he smiled at them, a real, genuine smile, not the 'paparazzi grin' the world saw. There was no need to check if this was their Jonah.

Jonah glanced over at his father, who wasn't paying any attention, and leaned in. "Um, you guys are...you know..."

"Not from around here?" Dan supplied. "Yep."

Jonah looked relieved. "Thought so. I saw you guys 'talking' to Hamilton earlier. Is anyone else...?" he trailed off.

"Not that we know of," Amy sighed. "I'm so glad you're here though, Jonah." Jonah's smile grew as he nodded in agreement. There wasn't time to say anything else as Jonah's dad approached, causing Jonah to spring away and pretend nothing had happened, and the group entered the mansion.
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

CLASSIFIED

this is really good i like how it flows together and it isnt jarring
  • Posted at:

Front sm

dawnblizzard8

aka BearAstronomy23

Branch: Ekaterina

Amazing! ;)
  • Posted at:

DawnBlizzard8 aka BearAstronomy23 aka Laura

Thpersoyoweryesterday

manobthpersoyoartoday.

Thpersoyoartoday

manobthpersoyoartomorrow.

The world can be a beautiful place, only if you choose to see it.

Front sm

singingtwilight16

aka PantherJanus3

MORE!
~Karen Styles~
  • Posted at:

New Yorker

Professional Weirdo

Front sm

dragoncat300

aka GeneralCobra128

How about the Starlings? Is Sinead still a vesper? PLEASE! And does Ian remember? This isreally good!
  • Posted at:

Spread The Word of God!

Kesesese~

CLASSIFIED

Keep going!!!!! This is amazing!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

phoenixwriter39

aka CleverReader3

Thanks everyone, and sorry for the wait! Here's the next chapter :) Again, some parts come directly from The Maze of Bones.

Chapter 7

Dan barely registered moving as the group entered the Great Hall and sat down in the chairs set up there, too caught up in staring around the familiar mansion. It was bittersweet to see the unburned walls, furniture, decorations, and everything else in the place where he and Amy had spent so much of their childhood. 

His gaze drifted from his surroundings to the people sitting around him. Dan managed to catch Hamilton and Jonah's eyes for a second each, long enough to exchange a silent acknowledgement before they had to look away. He saw Alistair, the Starlings, and the Kabras amidst the group as well, but didn't manage to make eye contact with any of them before Mr. McIntyre began to speak and all eyes focussed on him.

The 13-turned-11 year old tuned out most of the talking (as he was able to recite it word for word from the first time around). He did sit up and take notice, however, when the projector on the ceiling began to hum. Dan felt Amy tense beside him.

Tears pricked at his eyes as Grace appeared on the screen in front of them. It was somehow even worse to see her this time than it had been before, having learned and experienced all that they had since then. Dan longed to just jump through the screen and right onto his grandmother's bed, to be able to talk to her face to face once more. It was cruel, in a way, that they had managed to be sent back in time but to a point just short of seeing Grace alive again.

He and Amy watched and listened again as Grace spoke (and several of those present interrupted a few times), and a stange tingle washed over him as she talked about the Clue Hunt. He had, after all, already lived through it. On the screen, Grace held up an envelope.

"If you accept, you shall be given the first of thirty-nine clues. These clues will lead you to a secret, which, should you find it, will make you the most powerful, influential human beings on the planet. You will realize the destiny of the Cahill family. I now beg you all to listen to Mr. McIntyre. Allow him to explain the rules. Think long and hard before you make your choice," Grace stared straight into the camera.

Amy grabbed Dan's hand, and for once he didn't pull away. Beyond the emotion behind seeing their grandmother again (even if only through a video), this was also the moment that had - would - change their lives forever. Soon the race for the 39 Clues would be officially on again, and this time, things would be very different. But neither he nor Amy, nor Hamilton, Jonah, or anyone else from their time in this room was deceived; with the threat of the Vespers still lingering on the horizon - albeit much less visible, but still very much present - this time around would be just as dangerous, painful, and deadly as the first.

"I'm counting on you all. Good luck, and good-bye."
  • Posted at:

CleverReader3

CLASSIFIED

Keep going!!!! Oh please Alistair, don't betray them!!!

I Hope he doesn't.....
  • Posted at:

Front sm

adorableofficer7

aka AdorableOfficer2

Gotta go. I'll keep reading!
  • Posted at:

"Happy Crying. Humany Wumany."

-The Doctor :')