Which Sounds the Most Interesting? (MULTIPLE VOTES)

Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

Mods...I have posted this 3 TIMES! Please let it through

Just want to say that this is my personal OPINION and this is by no means saying that these are the GREATEST BOOKS OF 2017, no

Oh yeah, if it’s  sequel to a book that I read last year, it doesn’t count (I.e. PAYBACK, SECRET ORIGINS, etc.)

Also, there isn’t any order

THE DOOR IN THE ALLEY by Adrienne Kress
This is one of those stories that start with a pig in a teeny hat. It’s not the one you’re thinking about. (This story is way better than that one.)
This pig-in-a-teeny-hat story starts when a very uninquisitive boy stumbles upon a very mysterious society. After that, there is danger and adventure; there are missing persons, hired thugs, a hidden box, a lost map, and famous explorers; and also a girl on a rescue mission.

THE PERFECT SCORE by Rob Buyea
No one likes or wants to take the statewide assessment tests. Not the students in Mrs. Woods's sixth-grade class, not even their teacher. It's not like the kids don't already have things to worry about. . . .
Under pressure to be the top gymnast her mother expects her to be, RANDI starts to wonder what her destiny truly holds. Football-crazy GAVIN has always struggled with reading and feels as dumb as his high school-dropout father. TREVOR acts tough and mean, but as much as he hates school, he hates being home even more. SCOTT's got a big brain and an even bigger heart, especially when it comes to his grandfather, but his good intentions always backfire in spectacular ways. NATALIE, know-it-all and aspiring lawyer, loves to follow the rules--only this year, she's about to break them all.
The whole school is in a frenzy with test time approaching--kids, teachers, the administration. Everyone is anxious. When one of the kids has a big idea for acing the tests, they're all in. But things get ugly before they get better, and in the end, the real meaning of the perfect score surprises them all.

MS. BIXBY’S LAST DAY by John David Anderson
Everyone knows there are different kinds of teachers. The good ones. The not-so-good ones. The boring ones, the mean ones, the ones who try too hard. The ones you’ll never remember, and the ones you want to forget. But Ms. Bixby is none of these. She’s the sort of teacher who makes you feel like the indignity of school is worthwhile. Who makes the idea of growing up less terrifying. Who you never want to disappoint. What Ms. Bixby is, is one of a kind.
Topher, Brand, and Steve know this better than anyone. And so when Ms. Bixby unexpectedly announces that she is very sick and won’t be able to finish the school year, they come up with a plan. Through the three very different stories they tell, we begin to understand just what Ms. Bixby means to Topher, Brand, and Steve—and what they are willing to go to such great lengths to tell her.

WONDER by R.J. Palacio
August (Auggie) Pullman was born with a facial deformity that prevented him from going to a mainstream school—until now. He's about to start 5th grade at Beecher Prep, and if you've ever been the new kid then you know how hard that can be. The thing is Auggie's just an ordinary kid, with an extraordinary face. But can he convince his new classmates that he's just like them, despite appearances?

WHEN YOU REACH ME by Rebecca Stead
Four mysterious letters change Miranda's world forever.
By sixth grade, Miranda and her best friend, Sal, know how to navigate their New York City neighborhood. They know where it's safe to go, like the local grocery store, and they know whom to avoid, like the crazy guy on the corner.
But things start to unravel. Sal gets punched by a new kid for what seems like no reason, and he shuts Miranda out of his life. The apartment key that Miranda's mom keeps hidden for emergencies is stolen. And then Miranda finds a mysterious note scrawled on a tiny slip of paper:
I am coming to save your friend’s life, and my own. 

I must ask two favors.

First, you must write me a letter.
The notes keep coming, and Miranda slowly realizes that whoever is leaving them knows all about her, including things that have not even happened yet. Each message brings her closer to believing that only she can prevent a tragic death. Until the final note makes her think she's too late.

RESTART by Gordon Korman
Chase's memory just went out the window.
Chase doesn't remember falling off the roof. He doesn't remember hitting his head. He doesn't, in fact, remember anything. He wakes up in a hospital room and suddenly has to learn his whole life all over again . . . starting with his own name.
He knows he's Chase. But who is Chase? When he gets back to school, he sees that different kids have very different reactions to his return.
Some kids treat him like a hero. Some kids are clearly afraid of him.
One girl in particular is so angry with him that she pours her frozen yogurt on his head the first chance she gets.
Pretty soon, it's not only a question of who Chase is--it's a question of who he was . . . and who he's going to be.

CHILDREN OF EXILE by Margaret Peterson Haddix
For the past twelve years, adults called “Freds” have raised Rosi, her younger brother Bobo, and the other children of their town, saying it is too dangerous for them to stay with their parents, but now they are all being sent back. Since Rosi is the oldest, all the younger kids are looking to her with questions she doesn’t have the answers to. She’d always trusted the Freds completely, but now she’s not so sure.
And their home is nothing like she’d expected, like nothing the Freds had prepared them for. Will Rosi and the other kids be able to adjust to their new reality?

BECAUSE OF MR. TERUPT by Rob Buyea
It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . . Jessica, the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in; Alexia, a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next; Peter, class prankster and troublemaker; Luke, the brain; Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy Anna, whose home situation makes her an outcast; and Jeffrey, who hates school.
Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone.

A WRINKLE IN TIME by Madeline L’Engle
It was a dark and stormy night; Meg Murry, her small brother Charles Wallace, and her mother had come down to the kitchen for a midnight snack when they were upset by the arrival of a most disturbing stranger.
"Wild nights are my glory," the unearthly stranger told them. "I just got caught in a downdraft and blown off course. Let me sit down for a moment, and then I'll be on my way. Speaking of ways, by the way, there is such a thing as a tesseract."
Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin O'Keefe (athlete, student, and one of the most popular boys in high school). They are in search of Meg's father, a scientist who disappeared while engaged in secret work for the government on the tesseract problem.

DOUBLE IDENTITY by Margaret Peterson Haddix
As Bethany approaches her thirteenth birthday, her parents act more oddly than usual. Her mother cries constantly, and her father barely lets Bethany out of his sight. Then one morning he hustles the entire family into the car, drives across several state lines -- and leaves Bethany with an aunt she never knew existed. Bethany has no idea what's going on. She's worried her mom and dad are running from some kind of trouble, but she can't find out because they won't tell her where they are going.
Bethany's only clue is a few words she overheard her father tell her aunt: "She doesn't know anything about Elizabeth." But Aunt Myrlie won't tell Bethany who Elizabeth is, and she won't explain why people in her small town react to Bethany as if they've seen a ghost. The mystery intensifies when Bethany gets a package from her father containing four different birth certificates from four different states, with four different last names -- and thousands of dollars in cash. And when a strange man shows up asking questions, Bethany realizes the's not the only one who's desperate to unravel the secrets of her past.

MODS PLEASE LET THIS THROUGH

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Don't you forget about me

Front sm

dogyellow583

Wonder, When You Reach Me, and Children of Exile!

They were all so amazing. I actually got my own copy of Wonder for Christmas. Can't wait to reread!

Isn't Exile the first of a series? I thought I saw that another book is coming out soon or maybe already has by this time.

When You Reach Me is-- how do I even say it? Just amazing. Really made me think and feel so many emotions XD

• Posted at:

christy ~ i'm scared for you. freaking out. i want to just know you're okay... alive...~

Front sm

moonlightmagic106

Out of this list,my favorite has got to be Wonder.

• Posted at:

Nevermore

I am:

An unwanted

A Special

Asexual

Freezyoubrain

Queen of horror stories & teller of morbid jokes

Proud Slytherin

"Fools who run their mouths off wind up dead."

"And Montrasaur is like DUDE INDEED"-Red

Valar Doheris

Front sm

agentclue77

Christy-

CHILDREN OF EXILE FAN????!!!!! YESSSS!!! Yes, it's part of a trilogy, CHILDREN OF REFUGE just came out in September and told in Edwy's point of view, and CHILDREN OF JUBILEE will be out November 2, 2018!!

As for WHEN YOU REACH ME...IKR? I made the mistake of reading it all in one day so I was so confused the rest of the day XD

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

readingmystery130

Branch: Janus

I’ve read RESTART.and CHILDREN OF EXILE. I love both of them! I can’t wait for CHILDREN OF JUBILEE!!! 

• Posted at:

<{Rylee}>

I like a LOT of different things!

•MASTERMIND•

• Cahill (39 clue fangirl)•

• Elounor shipper•

•CHRISTIAN GIRL•

•book lover•

•one word..{Lovely}-Ian karbra.

ONE DIRECTION FAN!#1D4LIFE

Front sm

dogyellow583

Lucy: Wuttttt I have to get that :o I didn't realize it was out!!! Can't wait-- Eddy is such and interesting character.

I didnt know if I should be happy or cry XD I just sat there for a minute trying to process haha

• Posted at:

christy ~ i'm scared for you. freaking out. i want to just know you're okay... alive...~

Front sm

yellowdragon597

trials of apollo 2

• Posted at:

Hey, I'm YD597!

I'm Crazy.

I'm Emo.

I'm an Artist.

I'm a Nerd.

I go by tomato to some.

You're trying to fall asleep but you feel like you can run halfway across the world ~agentaqua275 

SALT AND VINEGAR CHIPS ARE AMAZING AND YOU KNOW IT!

I AM Gay

Front sm

agentclue77

Rylee-

Ikr??

Christy-

I hope you enjoy it! It basically tells the story of when Edwy was kidnapped and it tells us what he’s been doing while Rosi was doing all this stuff. Also...quick question: Do you ship Rosi and Edwy?

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

dogyellow583

Lucy: Ahhhh... I haven't exactly decided yet honestly. They are so cute ^_^ I need to read the book again and then the second book because its been awhile. I was really looking forward to seeing Rosi and Edwy interact more though so yes XD

• Posted at:

Front sm

readingmystery130

i ship Rosi and Edwy! O_O (yeah that wasn’t necessary. Xd o_o)

• Posted at:

<{Rylee}>

I like a LOT of different things!

•MASTERMIND•

• Cahill (39 clue fangirl)•

• Elounor shipper•

•CHRISTIAN GIRL•

•book lover•

•one word..{Lovely}-Ian karbra.

ONE DIRECTION FAN!#1D4LIFE

Front sm

agentclue77

Christy-

Yeah, in the first one it's kind of hard to figure out am I supposed to be shipping you? But then in book 2, Edwy talks a lot about her, and there's also a certain scene at the end that makes my heart happy

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

dogyellow583

Lucy: :o I can't wait

The way he acted in the first book kind of made me think he liked her and was trying to hide it or something.

AHHHH I can't wait to read the second book

• Posted at:

Front sm

agentclue77

Christy-

IKR??? You get that vibe SO MUCH MORE in book 2

Imma make a chat thread for us so we don't fill this whole thread up...

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

dogyellow583

XD alright I was actually going to suggest that 

• Posted at:

Front sm

tealpaw38

Because of Mr.Terupt and Wonder were definitly my favs.

• Posted at:

Treat Others The Way You Want To be Treated!!

Matthew 5:14-16:   You are the light of the world....Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven!!  

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Ptfl

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

Bump!

• Posted at:

THE NAMES TAYLOR. GIRLS RULE! RP Queen!

I like Miraculous Ladybug!

I'm just a girl who likes to rp.

I also like to write stories.

Book Rp!

Front sm

agentclue77

TP38-

THERE ARE MORE TERUPT FANS OUT THERE?! YESSSSS

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

HONORABLE MENTIONS THAT ARE A THOUSAND YEARS LATE:

POSTED by John David Anderson

In middle school, words aren’t just words. They can be weapons. They can be gifts. The right words can win you friends or make you enemies. They can come back to haunt you. Sometimes they can change things forever.

When cell phones are banned at Branton Middle School, Frost and his friends Deedee, Wolf, and Bench come up with a new way to communicate: leaving sticky notes for each other all around the school. It catches on, and soon all the kids in school are leaving notes—though for every kind and friendly one, there is a cutting and cruel one as well.

In the middle of this, a new girl named Rose arrives at school and sits at Frost’s lunch table. Rose is not like anyone else at Branton Middle School, and it’s clear that the close circle of friends Frost has made for himself won’t easily hold another. As the sticky-note war escalates, and the pressure to choose sides mounts, Frost soon realizes that after this year, nothing will ever be the same.

CODENAME ZERO by Chris Rylander

There are places in the world where heroes are born. There are places where brave men and women fight a never-ending battle against evil in order to keep our country and all other countries safe. There are places where the fate of our planet is being decided, even at this very moment, the consequences of which will echo through history.

None of these places is in North Dakota.

Carson Fender, seventh grader and notorious prankster, knows this. He's lived in North Dakota for his entire life, going to the same boring school every day, the same boring movie theater every week, the same boring state fair every year. Nothing ever changes, and nothing ever happens. That is, until today. Because today a desperate man hands him a package with a dire set of instructions. And that package is going to lead Carson to discover that there's a secret government agency operating in his small, quiet North Dakota hometown. And that this agency needs his help.

AMONG THE HIDDEN by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Luke has never been to school. He's never had a birthday party, or gone to a friend's house for an overnight. In fact, Luke has never had a friend.

Luke is one of the shadow children, a third child forbidden by the Population Police. He's lived his entire life in hiding, and now, with a new housing development replacing the woods next to his family's farm, he is no longer even allowed to go outside.

Then, one day Luke sees a girl's face in the window of a house where he knows two other children already live. Finally, he's met a shadow child like himself. Jen is willing to risk everything to come out of the shadows -- does Luke dare to become involved in her dangerous plan? Can he afford not to?

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit