Have you ever had an unpopular opinion about something?

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

Branch: Ekaterina

hate Star wars.

It i soooooo boring pew pew, good guys win, again

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Unicorn   | ISFP | Libra | Elysium | Scriptor | Ravenclaw |            Triplets:Vixen and Samurai   Flip: Candycorn/pony (great this sounds like a gang)                         3/30/18
Front sm

agentclue77

Monica-

Yeah, thank god

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveller

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Don't you forget about me

Front sm

blackcat7677

StarWars. IS. STUPID!

• Posted at:

Front sm

dragonbook402

I don't really like anime...

• Posted at:

Mname is

BIANCA

MIRACULOUFAN!

I am a person living in this world.

"She's just a friend"- Adrien Agreste

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Branch: Lucian

I don't like Vampires.

I don't like Marichat.

I don't like shipping.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm from the 39 clues website!

Forum Twins: Fiona and Jaiden

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Check out my RPs! the 39 clues, Vespers RP. Children of Bigfoot RP, Limited Spots

leave a message at the beep, unless it's bad news BEEP

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

I can understand why Star Wars was so popular back when it started, but I just can't get into it at all. I'm sorry, but the moment Darth Vader used that ray thing to blow up a planet, he didn't get any sympathy from me. And then to hear that he (sort of) got a redemption? 

All my mind goes to is DC and how Krpyton exploded and how if it turned out that a specific individual was behind it all, would Superman and Supergirl ever even think they could be redeemed. Supergirl especially, since she actually remembers what it was like.

Weird place for my mind to go to, but I think that came from seeing and liking season one of Supergirl (aka the only season I really liked). Seeing those flashes of anger and pain from Kara about losing Krypton just makes me wonder how, if anyone from that planet survived or was off planet during the time of the explosion and returned to see their home gone, could live with the idea that some people see the person responsible for it as an antihero or even hero?

And that's just one of my problems with the series, from what little I've seen of it.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect & Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

"See the world not as it is, but as it should be."

Blog: /301450

Front sm

twilightsparkly139

Branch: Janus

I find the good man goes to war poem very... soothing.

• Posted at:

Amber. I am Amberdolphin1210! I am now a Janus!

Check out the other me's RPs!

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

I'm a big Star Trek fan (I've watched most of The Next Generation, some of Voyager, and will be starting Deep Space Nine soon) and the original series is what started it all. I respect the original series for what came after it, and there are a handful of classic episodes that I will probably get around to watching. But as a whole the series is too cheesy for me to ever consider getting into it. I feel like I could never say that to most ST fans. 

I dislike most sodas. I can only drink Coca-Cola when in a certain mood, and the thought of drinking a whole cup of it is disgusting to me. There are only a handful of sodas I really like, and even then I hardly drink a cupful when I have soda. I usually just take a few sips. Root beer floats are the best though. 

I don't understand the popularity of Voltron. Some of my family watches it and it's a good show, but I don't understand why so many adults like it. There are children's media that all can watch (like Disney/Pixar or Avatar: The Last Airbender) but Voltron felt like it was missing the depth that children's media I used to devour as a kid had. But then I haven't seen much of it.

Kids shows from the 90s and early to mid 2000s was better than what they have now. Kids entertainment now seems shallower (though there are exceptions). (I'm not sure if this is even an unpopular opinion but I'll leave it.) 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Bringing this back because I feel like it.

Legends of Tomorrow is the best DC CW show.

Arrow just got too dark and hopeless without any sort of direction (I mean, what's the point of even trying when the futures as bad as it looks in the flash forwards?).

The Flash lost me during season three and I haven't been able to get into it since. Ralph constantly irritates me, Barry continues to be a hypocrite, and they keep expanding the cast, focusing on the new characters, and completely throwing the old ones to the side (when can we get some good stories for Cisco?).

And the politics on Supergirl seem too one sided. I mean, "people have no reasons to fear aliens"? I think all the attacks over the last few years say otherwise. As much as I hate to say it, I'd probably be scared if I were living in that universe.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I still haven't gotten back to watching Supergirl but I saw that about the new plot and it bothers me. It's obviously suppossed to be symbolic of today but realistically if people who can shoot lasers out of their eyes existed most people would at the very least be slightly suspicious and/or afraid of that being. The politics on the show are obviously the views of the writers, so many other sci-fi shows do a better job of showing both sides. 

I'm not sure how I would react, but in the least I would probably constantly have in mine the possibility that beings around me could possibly change their appearance or have the power of a bomb. But it's hard to imagine living in a universe like that. 

I might come back to the show if Lena decided to start selling merchandise for people to be able to identify aliens around them. I feel like that was an idea of hers in the past. That would be conflict that is actually reasonable. Kara would be on the side that aliens have a right to privacy and not living in fear of people coming after them. Lena would say people have the right to know a possibile threat that walks through their home or business and she might go as far to say that the government should run a program identifying aliens and to then put them on a list. But Lena's logic would never be run by hate or fear and neither would Kara's. I think it would be really compelling. It would be even better if Lena still doesn't know who Kara really is but found out while that storyline was taking place.  

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

catpizza879

I had something to say but I forgot

• Posted at:

HELLO

I LOVE the color blue and green

I LOVE books and more books

I LOVE cats and pizza  hence the name

I'm a Christian 

A SUPER nerd

"I don't like that fuel. Don't you mean *fool*? That's what I said *fuel*." ~ Antoine and Rotor

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Yep. You've said it all. Hey, can you give examples for shows that are better with showing both sides of the issue? I'm in a mood to try new shows, but have no idea where to start.

I like your idea of a much better storyline, but I never completely believed Lena should have gone on with the alien detection device the way she did. First of all, at the time, Kara was a relative stranger to her, so for all Lena could have known, Kara could have twisted the story to paint Lena as a complete villain to the public. Considering that she called making it a business decision, it didn't feel smart.

The second was Lena considering it a product for the public. She's not naive. If it was available for everyone, then people like CADMUS could use it to expose the identities of many aliens. And that wouldn't look good to the public either, would it? It seems like a very easy way to get labelled the next Lex Luthor to me.

I always thought they should have gone with Lena presenting it at some agreement with the government (sort of like Tony during the first Iron Man movie with his weapons) and then her arguing with Supergirl (who everybody knows is an alien and some know has a secret identity) about it.

I liked hearing your thoughts though. I would have taken that story over what happened in the show any day.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Okay, this is one that would get a lot of hate elsewhere. Thankfully, this is the MBs.

Season five of Agents of SHIELD was the worst by far. Everything was so dark. Like, not the tone, I mean the lighting. It was really hard to watch stuff clearly. The budget cuts were obvious by how claustrophobic it was feeling. They spent almost all of the season on one location.

The writing was frustrating and felt more in line of what I would expect out of a CW show. Poorly written drama, no one listening to each other, couples being put over friendships.

Don't get me started with FitzSimmons. They used to be my favorite couple. Now I can hardly stand scenes with the two of them together. Hopefully, with the events in the finale, we get a bit of a reset to a much healthier dynamic.

You know, one where you don't basically torture and possibly paralyze a friend because it might provide a solution (and basically just say "it was the right thing to do" instead of an "I'm sorry" afterward) and stand together with your partner, never surrendering even though there's a much higher chance that doing so could end the world.

I could have accepted the events of 5x14 (Fitz did have an injury) if it weren't for the terribly treated aftermath. Honestly, I didn't click with the season at the start, but 5x15 onward is when I was just done.

I could go on a whole rant about the things I hated about season five, but I'll just end it with this. 

No. Okay, I'm not one of those people who can't "pay deep attention and see all the hidden messages" because there weren't any. It was just messy writing.

You can love a show and acknowledge that some parts are bad. This is one such case.

Despite the bad reputation it gets, I love season one of Agents of SHIELD. But I don't think I can ever love season five.

And I'm only just realizing that this should probably be in the TV shows to avoid thread, but it's an unpopular opinion in the fandom, so I'll keep this post here.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Well, feel free to ignore that rant. Thinking about it more, it probably should have been on my blog. Probably one of my worst pieces yet, the writing is very disorganized.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Emerald

Front sm

amberdolphin1210

Luna is the better Royal Princess.

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm from the 39 clues website!

Forum Twins: Fiona and Jaiden

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Check out my RPs! the 39 clues, Vespers RP. Children of Bigfoot RP, Limited Spots

leave a message at the beep, unless it's bad news BEEP

Front sm

catpizza879

I remember what I was going to write

#1 I dislike Doctor Strange because he is a warlock.

#2 I don't think Hamilton annoys me.

#3 I love rap music and other kinds of music

#4 I think cats are friendly and kind, no matter how many times people say they are horrid.

#5 I don't like shipping

#6 I love anime (HunterXHunter in particular)

#7 I love video games

And if I think of more I'll make another post.

• Posted at:

HELLO

I LOVE the color blue and green

I LOVE books and more books

I LOVE cats and pizza  hence the name

I'm a Christian 

A SUPER nerd

"I don't like that fuel. Don't you mean *fool*? That's what I said *fuel*." ~ Antoine and Rotor

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I've seen so many people comment on the lighting but am I the only one who doesn't really remember it being bad? Is my memory bad? I need to find clips on YT. Or maybe it didn't bother me but it's bothered me while watching other things. 

The little amount of emotion termoil from Fitzsimmons and Elena felt very off and I'm still very confused. It was probably the writing. 

I do agree, s5 could be very messy. I want more of the tone from seasons 3-4 for season 6. I hope season 6 is better. Maybe also more of a dash of sunshine that's genuine. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

Sure! And now I'm totally blanking out. In Stargate Atlantis the characters intentions were usually for the right reasons but there were episodes that dealt with outright moral ambiguity and why some thought of them as bad guys. Star Trek does a great job. I've only seen The Genxt Generation and Voyager (and a handful of Deep Space Nine episodes) but I would say The Next Generation did the best job of presenting actual moral conflict and both sides. Not all episodes are like this though. If I think of anything else I'll be sure to let you know. Sorry that I can't think of anything that I haven't already told you about. If you want I could look up The Next Generation's top episodes that dealt with both sides. The show is very episodic. 

I hadn't thought of those points but they're good ones! 

Are you saying that Lena would have her device be connected with the government? To help keep people like Cadmus from getting it? I had thought in the past that she might talk to the government about forcing aliens to register themselves and how that would be like CW but I didn't think that seemed like something Lena would do. Still don't.

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

creativescarlet16

I hate it when people think a little underhanded comment about your race isn't considered racist, like, if it's an INSULT that mentions your RACE, then yea, it's racist.

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"None shall harm my sculpted calves"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Maybe it's personal opinion. I thought the lighting was really bad in 5A, but it did get better once they returned to Earth.

Exactly. Also, can I just say how done I am with "the universe" splitting up Fitz and Simmons? The first few times, it was alright. Now, I'm just tired of it, especially because of how it makes them seem to only care about each other and not their friends as time goes on.

I definitely want more of the season four tone (with a bit of the hope and optimism from season one) in season six. I hope it's better, because I really don't see how much darker the show can go seeing as it's on broadcast television and not some cable network.

I've heard good things about the Next Generation, but I'm never sure where to start when it comes to Star Trek stuff. Could I just jump in without watching another show or movie or is there some kind of order?

I was actually thinking something more along the lines of her giving it to the DEO (which I figure she would know, since A: She is a Luthor and B: They've been in public helping Supergirl, so they aren't exactly as secret as they should think) to help identify hostile aliens. Like, to identify them so the DEO would know their weaknesses and defeat them in a way that minimizes casualties. 

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dragonvampire976

Stranger things is not very thought through. I could guess everything that was going to happen.

• Posted at:

~Vamporizer~

Joined forums 10/15/18

He/him

They say there is a meaning of life. That we are here for a reason. LIES.

We exist to die,

Do unto others as the do unto you.

Co Humorist of Forum Newspaper

Buds:

Astra

Storm

Amber

Lilac

Galaxian

Cheryl

Zane

River.

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

There's this AOS blog I follow (it's a crack blog that can be absolutely hilarious) and they constantly poked fun at the bad lighting. 

Fitzsimmons could die in an explosion and I wouldn't believe they were actually dead. That trick can only work so many times of constantly having misfortune fall on specific characters. The audience can get a wee bit tired. I want Fitzsimmons to be happy. And get therapy. Everyone needs therapy. Fitzsimmons also needs to work on their friendships. 

Is cable TV more likely to be darker? I had never thought about that but that makes sense. 

I watched The Next Generation (I'll call it TNG from now on) kind of out of order. Someone could have something traumatic happen to them and next episode it would probably not be mentioned. I would start at season 3. You could randomly watch some episode in season six, then some random episode in season 4 and for me it didn't matter. There is sometimes overarching themes (like characters relationships with each other) but you could totally get a list of the best TNG episodes and watch them. I'm recommending skipping seasons 1-2 because it was pretty bad. S1 was the worst. I've hardly watched anything from seasons 1-2. If I had to jump into Star Trek for the first time I would start with TNG. The original series would probably throw you off and I personally have watched basically none of it. The only series I know you should watch in order from what I've read is Deep Space Nine. The movies involving the characters from TNG take place after the show. Timeline wise it starts with Enterprise, the original series, then TNG. Voyager and DS9 take place while TNG characters are still alive. A few years older, but alive. DS9 is supposed to be the best and I'm watching s1, which is supposed to be the most boring. Just look up some basic info about Starfleet (like what their values are) and you're set. Some hardcore fan would probably be throwing things at me by now, but it worked for me. When it comes to Trek lore I know a lot of basics. What I like best about the show are the conflicts and the characters. 

That makes a lot of sense! The CW should hire you. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Sounds like a funny blog. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Exactly.

Yeah, cable can be darker. I think it's something along the lines of networks like NBC and ABC being in one domain while ones like HBO and AMC are in another. And the additional costs for cable.

Alright, I'll start with season three of Next Generation when I find out where I can get it (it'll probably be at my library, but there have been some shows that aren't in the system).

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again. It's just sad if a teenager lacking any sort of writing experience in the media area can come up with better plots than the professionals. 

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Teleport (the IR way of bumping a post to the front page)

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Defenders (with possibly the exception of Inhumans, I have not seen that one) was the worst TV show in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I wrote a whole rant about it in my TV Shows Not To Watch thread, but I figure I would say it again.

In Agents of SHIELD, I think Hive was a much better villain than Grant Ward was. His motivations were constant and he was terrifying even without having to raise his voice or show his powers. Ward had potential in season one, but it was kind of lost afterward.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

(This is my third or fourth reply.)

Just to let you know every Star Trek show is on Netflix.

There are TV writers who aren't happy with their jobs so they take it out on their writing or it just shows. There were Stargate Atlabtis fans who made fan fiction seasons that took place after the show ended and there are people who make web series after their favorite characters. Hardly anyone gets money out of making content like that. I think it has to do with the level of passion and creativity you have. With the technology we have now you can showcase your writing in more ways than ever before and that could very well jumpstart your career. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Looks like I know what I'll be watching over the holidays. Well, aside from the Curious George Christmas special (again). I might be 17, but my mom is in her 40s and she still loves it as much as I do. It's like a little piece of childhood.

True. I read this fanfiction once where a show got orders from a network regarding to hinting at a couple they hated, so they put a terrible writer in charge and hoped that the reception would be terrible so that they'd back away. I wondered how much of it would be accurate.

I know, it's a nice new world we live in. Terrifying, at times, but also pretty cool.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Emerald

Front sm

purpledragon2722

I love the Star Wars prequels

I ship Anakin and Padme as much as Han and Leia

I don't think global warming is a big deal

I ship Carian AND Amian (i think that Cara is the best girl for Ian, but i think Ian is the best guy for Amy)

I hate rap 'music' and i don't like rock and roll

• Posted at:

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

Awww I remember watching Curious George! PBS Kids was a huge part of my childhood. I remember thinking as a kid that it wasn't logical for the man in the yellow hat to always remain so cool over George's antics. Do you remember when the voiceover of kids would say, "George is a monkey. He can do things that you can't do." I thought when I was younger that that was a way for the people who made the show to not be held liable if a kid who watched the show did what George did (and because they probably cared about keeping kids safe). Which is so dark. Oh and I remember when the movie came out! We have it on DVD. I even have George as a stuffed toy. 

That's insane, especially if it was accurate. Like it'd be one thing if the couple was toxic, but if not, yikes. What if there was a show about a show? Full of just as much drama as the show they're making. 

I tend to romantisize in my mind somewhat the past (like the last 200 years) but then I remember the fact that a lot of my favorite people and things weren't even created yet, in which case I change my mind about wanting to live then. 

@PurpleDragon2722

I don't ship it but I once read someone say what if the ship name for Anakin and Padme was Anime? 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

cloudart142

My unpopular opinion: I’m not a big fan of the book Fault in the Stars or divergent 

• Posted at:

Helloooooooooooo!

I’m a

Dreamer

Book- lover

Soccer Player

Artist 

And Music Listener 

Nice to Meet You,

, 2