Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Branch: Ekaterina

You know how there's lots of shows we want to recommend to someone? Here, we list shows that we wouldn't recommend to watch. Just feel free to list the show (or a season, if a specific season is terrible), if your review has spoilers, and type away. Please refrain from just saying "this is really bad" and not giving any reasons to back it up.

Oh, and credit to Monica for inspiring this by her "Books you should never read" thread.

Okay, I'm starting with one I've wanted to write a review of since I saw it.

Show: Marvel's The Defenders

Network: Netflix

Spoilers: Minor, major spoilers in invisible ink

Review: Where do I even start? I don't know how it's possible for eight episodes to feel this long, but it did. The use of color schemes for characters when someone from their show was on screen (like a red tinge whenever Matt was on and purple for Jessica) got annoying really fast. The camera angles were awful, sometimes wasting over half of the screen.

And the actual show itself was a mess. It had almost every cliche in the book, from "we'll figure it out, together" to "we can't tell you for your protection". They kept emphasizing how bad the main villain (The Hand) is, yet we rarely see their power or motivation. They're basically just a group of ninjas who were trying to appear as cool as HYDRA ended up being in Agents of SHIELD (where they explored their origins and showed several of their leaders, including what motivated them), but fell short. Sigourney Weaver's talent was wasted in this show.

The worst part was the endgame. We were continuously told that the villains would destroy the city, but we didn't see any of that danger. In fact, the villains just wanted to get through some charmed wall and obtain this mineral that can keep them immortal (they ran out of the mineral and needed more).

The writing was a mess, from showing Daredevil (who had several months of training as a kid and two years as Daredevil) being able to hold his ground against Iron Fist (who is supposed to be one of the greatest combatants in the world, been training over a decade, and defeated a dragon) to the supposed ultimate sacrifice at the end that was not "to save the city" as their teammates said, but for a girl. And no, he didn't die. Oh, and the cops covered up the whole final incident, so almost no one knows that the events in the series even happened.

You know all five of the main big bads, the leaders of this organization? They're led by Sigourney Weaver's character who is killed off by the woman she manipulated into working for her. That woman becomes the main antagonist and hates the team for...reasons that were never fully explained.

Mike (Luke) and most of the supporting characters did alright in their parts. Charlie and Krysten (Matt and Jessica) shine and do their best with the material they're given, but even they can't cover up the acting of Finn Jones (who feels miscast) or the abysmal writing. 

I can go into more detail for those of you who want more details (with invisible ink for spoilers), but for now, I'll stop here.

Rating: 2.5/10. I'm only rating it this high because of some of the acting. Without it, I would have found a way to give this a negative score.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

"See the world not as it is, but as it should be."

"The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last."

Thanks for the memories. I'll miss you all.

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Branch: Janus

Yikes, I didn't know it was like this. That Daredevil and Iron Fist fight scene though..... I don't even have the words. Have you seen Iron Fist, because I've heard it's pretty bad. Is Sigourney Weaver's character (spoilers) killed off by Electra (she was brainwashed right?)

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

I loved the trailers and when I love the trailers or promotional videos, I almost always love whatever show/movie/episode it's for. I loved the Jessica Jones and Agents of SHIELD trailer, loved both shows. I didn't care for the Luke Cage one, didn't really like the show. I toned down my expectations after reading reviews, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Nope, and I don't plan on watching Iron Fist. I really didn't like his character in Defenders and I'd rather not see more of him.

Yes, that's what happened to her character.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

"The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last."

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

His personality is not what I expected when I saw the trailer for his show. Hm, that's weird about you-know-who. I wonder why she's bad now? 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

I've never seen this show (only clips from being in a store or restaurant, or waiting for another show to come on) but I know enough to never watch or recommend it.  

Show: Family Guy

Why?: It's crass, crude. It makes jokes out of abuse. The creator makes jokes himself out of disgusting and abusive behavior. Please don't watch it. And in a sense if you watch it, no matter how grossed out you are, you're supporting and promoting this behavior. Just any show that does this (such as The Simpsons), please don't watch it. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

grayham48

aka CatchingBaseball430

Branch: Lucian

I have one to add because of the cringiness of this show

Show: Miraculous Ladybug

Added note: I only watched the first episode and drew my conclusions from there

Review: I stumbled across this thanks to this video on the tube called 99.9% People can't Watch this without Laughing. I watch it and I don't laugh but two of the characters used were from Miraculous Ladybug but i did not know that at the time. It was until my dad was browsing though stuff on Netflix to watch that I saw where the to characters came from. I do some research on the web and learn that it is kinda cringey (don't get me started on the memes) but when I watched the first episode I saw how cringey it really was. First, I believe this is an anime and was not dubbed into english so I had to deal with subtitles instead. Second, the villain's name Stormy Weather is just as horrible as the name Taserface. Third, since I watched the first episode I kinda expect that the show explains like what's going on and how the things happened and that sort of stuff. This show did not have that at all it was the crummiest thing I ever saw.  

• Posted at:

my name is ruby 

team leader of team RWBY 

i have silver eyes

i am using this account because the original person left and I am different 

my favorite color is red

i carry a crescent rose

my boyfriend is chell

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Okay, here's one that I think almost anyone who watched it would agree had to be done

Show: Arrow (Season Four)

Network: CW

Spoilers: Minor and major, but no names attached to major spoilers

Review: This season was just a mess. Arrow season four was an attempt to bring in the supernatural and it just didn't work. The villain seemed too overpowered and his questionable motives were expressed in ridiculous ways. Season four of Arrow felt like a parody of the real Arrow.

Fight sequences were sloppy, romantic drama increased by 500%, along with family drama (way too much of it), a character copycat, and killing off a major comic book character in a terrible way, making their last words related to their ex-boyfriend and his current girlfriend. Oh, and who could forget killing off an entire city by missile and hardly anyone mentioning it afterward? Or the villain being rendered mortal by hope of all things, when this is supposed to be the darkest show in the DC CW universe? Or the person who gave speech that inspired that hope, a man who used to be famously known for not so good behavior, then being voted the mayor like days later? I could go on about the messy stuff, but I'll stop before this gets as long as the Defenders rant.

A friend watched a scene of the show and believed it to be a soap opera. I don't blame her for thinking that since season four is so bad, the Arrow himself, Stephen Amell, purposefully excluded the existence of it when asked to rank the seasons of the show.

I'm not a big Arrow fan. In fact, the only full season I really enjoyed was season five. But that doesn't mean I can't spot a mess. So, piece of advice for those of you thinking of watching this show or in the process of catching up. Skip season four. Read some reviews and summaries, then get to season five.

Rating: 4.5/10. It was a mess, but the first few episodes were okay or poor instead of downright terrible. It was mostly after the spring premiere (episode ten and on) that things got that bad. 

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Ruby

I don't get why it's so popular. I watched a few minutes on the internet and I could hardly get through it. Are we missing something? 

@Hazel

If you skip s4 will you not get what's going on? Or is it disconnected to the overall series? 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Ruby: It's that bad? Definitely staying away from the show.

Monica: You can understand season five without watching season four if you have some basic facts (I'll put them in invisible ink below)

. Felicity and Oliver were engaged, but broke up after Felicity found out Oliver had a kid named William

. Laurel is dead and after her death, Oliver tells the world that she's the Black Canary

. A character named Curtis is introduced. He's basically the male Felicity

. Diggle had a brother (Andy) who he thought was dead. It turned out he wasn't and later, he had to kill Andy to save his wife (I think, I remember it was to save someone). He has a bunch of guilt about it

. Felicity got kicked out as CEO. Her current job is unknown

. Oliver becomes Mayor of Star City in the finale

. Despite having a no kill policy after Tommy died, Oliver kills Damien Darhk (the villain of the season) in the finale

. Felicity destroyed a city with a missile. The bad guys sent it to a larger city and she could only divert it to a smaller one

. There are two cameos from comic book characters (one had a series on NBC that got cancelled, the other's grandmother is currently on Legends of Tomorrow)

. Oh, and Laurel brought Sara back to life. I forgot that was season four

I think I got all of them.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

grayham48

aka CatchingBaseball430

First, Miraculous is really that bad

Second, The mods removed my post about The Flash season 3, I might as well attempt to redo it (mods plz let this though)

Show: The Flash season

Review: In the previous seasons of The Flash it had those jaw-dropping moments, Moments when the show kept you on the edge of your seat. Then, there is Season 3. Its not like they took away those suspenseful moments. They kept them. It not like they took away the mystery around the show. They kept that. Its that DC was trying to find a new conflict instead of sticking to the normal. DC also removed the dramatic irony behind the show. Not only that, similar to Arrow's season 4 romance increased a lot. At least the villain was better than Damien Dark.

Rating: 4/10 

• Posted at:

my name is ruby 

team leader of team RWBY 

i have silver eyes

my favorite color is red

i carry a crescent rose

my boyfriend is chell

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Oh, I hated season three of The Flash! Too much romance, too much darkness, and it just made Barry completely unlikeable and a hypocrite. I couldn't root for him at all.

And why does CW always have to show a dark future for the shows in the DC universe? With dark 2024 in 3x19 of The Flash, dark 2042 in 3x03 of Legends of Tomorrow, dark 2047 in 1x07 of Legends, and Vandal Savage taking over the world in 2166 according to season one of Legends, I question how Earth still exists long enough for Eobard Thawne to be born in the 25th century.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

grayham48

aka CatchingBaseball430

Shouldn't Eobard never have been born because Eddie shot himself

• Posted at:

my name is ruby 

team leader of team RWBY 

i have silver eyes

my favorite color is red

i carry a crescent rose

my boyfriend is chell

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

Thanks! Good point. Maybe Eobard was born in a bunker (jk). 

Barry being such a hypocrite kinda ruined his character for me. Am I the only one who thinks the new carefree Barry is pushing it? He's more likable, but..... 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Ruby: From what I can tell, Eobard killing Nora was a fixed point in time, like Laurel's death on Arrow. It had to happen, so time ensured his existence or something like that.

Monica: His character was ruined. Making him all happy and likable is the newtork's attempt to fix the character, but it's way too much of a change. I only root for the other members of Team Flash now, not Barry himself.

I can't even find myself that interested now, I just wait every few episodes and catch up when I'm bored. Same with Arrow. Supergirl, I'm fine with until they do a plot I have no interest in (3x01 with the darker Kara that just didn't work and 3x05 with Lena being assumed guilty and almost everyone turning against her and having to prove she's good yet again). Then, I don't bother watching. Legends is the only show I watch on a regular basis.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

It is. I really liked the Supergirl episode about their younger selves. Talk about great casting. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Midvale was a great episode. How could it not be, with so many Danvers Sisters scenes?

How would you rank the episodes so far this season? For me, it would be:

1. Midvale (definitely in top five episodes of the series)

2. The Faithful

3. Triggers

4. Far From The Tree

5. Damage

6. Girl Of Steel (which is in the bottom three of the series, along with We Can Be Heroes and Star-Crossed)

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

grayham48

aka CatchingBaseball430

Maybe you could also add The Flash and Supergirl cross episode where it becomes a musical

• Posted at:

my name is ruby 

team leader of team RWBY 

i have silver eyes

my favorite color is red

i carry a crescent rose

my boyfriend is chell

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Duet? As a good episode or a bad episode? Personally, the plot alone makes it far from the great episodes (that and the Kara/Mon-El ship just seemed to be going too fast), but the good covers (and original songs), along with the fun Kara/Barry interactions keep it from being one of the worst episodes.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

Show Title: Legion

Reason: Legion's main character has multiple personalities.

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2

(30) Nickname: Rad - 8818

i might not be on very much, I am not working on a book titled Nina Down Under

Front sm

grayham48

aka CatchingBaseball430

I feel tempted to add keijo but its to weird to be added

• Posted at:

my name is ruby 

team leader of team RWBY 

i have silver eyes

my favorite color is red

i carry a crescent rose

my boyfriend is chell

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

(Supergirl spoilers!) I don't know why I thought this but I thought Midvale was like Kara and Alex becoming their own mystery gang like Scooby-Doo, and that was super cool. I thought Midvale was great. Scenes with them together were lacking I think in s2. What are the odds though of J'onn shape shifting into someone that looks like Kara's mom? What do you think of Lena and James being hinted at? I think it's cute. I hope if they go that route they execute it well and don't make it unnecessarily dramatic and/or bring them together just to have a dramatic breakup. That last scene they had together in his office was so adorable!! ^_^ But I don't completely ship it, not yet anway. I would rather they became friends first. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Supergirl spoilers: I loved Midvale. I'm pretty sure J'onn shape-shifted into Kara's mom on purpose. Even if he wasn't her, Kara would probably be more receptive to advice if it came from someone who looked like her.

I'm completely not on board with Lena/James. From the summaries for future episodes and what I've seen so far, I can tell it's going to be rushed. They don't even really seem to trust or respect each other. The moment Lena is accused of anything bad, James almost immediately thinks "she's a Luthor" and talks against her. And Lena, for whatever reason, keeps leaving James out of CatCo business when he was the former boss. I'd believe it better if we got an evolution to friendship in this season and maybe had a romance next season, but I already know it's not going to be that way.

To be honest, I've never shipped the long term couples on the show. The only ones I really liked were Kara/Adam (Cat's son) and Kara/Kenny (why did it have to end so soon?).

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

If it was on purpose how did he know what she looked like though? I prefer that theory over it just magically happening, but I can't think of an answer. 

Her leaving him out of things seems so odd and ooc. Man, I really didn't want it to be rushed. So why rush it unless to make drama for it this season? C'mon writers. 

Kara and Kenny was so cute! His fate was so sad. The only CW ship I've ever shipped is Caitlin and Julian. But Julian deserves better in my opinion. Nothing else has ever clicked. Though Sara and Snart were interesting and cute, but she deserves better in my opinion. And I ship Sara and Rip. But since I haven't seen all of s2 I don't know how that would work. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Perhaps he got a picture from the Fort Rozz files? They did get those by themselves without any help from Supergirl before the events of the pilot.

I don't really trust the Supergirl (or CW) writers when they promise something amazing. Honestly, the only writers I trust when promises like that are made are the Agents of SHIELD writers because they almost always seem to deliver.

I feel bad for Kara. She's been losing boyfriends since before high school (Remember, in the Black Mercy, it was mentioned that she had a crush on someone named Del-Or. He almost certainly died with the rest of Krypton). 

The only long lasting/hinted at for a while couple in the Arrow universe (multiverse) that worked for me was Snart and Sara. I felt like they both made each other better (he told her not to kill in an early episode of season one and she convinced him to save the rest of the team in a later episode of the season). Of course, like the majority of ships I ship, they didn't get their happy ending. I don't ship Sara and Rip, but I do see why people would. However, I don't see it going well if the events of season three say anything.

How about the short term ships? I liked Barry and Patty, but they ruined Patty's character toward the end. Barry/Linda was great. They should bring Linda back. She helped ground the show (you know, having a person without powers who reacts to these insane situations like a normal person would) and presented a life for Iris outside of Team Flash.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I'm not really remembering the Fort Rozz files. Were the files about Clark and Kara? Do you remember where Kara got the hologram of her mom? Because he could have found what she looked like through that. 

I think the best writers are the Agents of Shield writers. 

Me too. *hugs Kara* No wonder she wants to be Kryptonian instead of human.

I would say that more than 50% of my ships don't get a happy ending either. What happens in s3? I don't care about being spoiled. 

I was okay with Patty and Barry. I can't remember if I liked it or not. I don't remember much about Linda. But I knew she wouldn't be around for long. I wish they would show Iris being a reporter. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

I don't know if there were files on Clark and Kara, but there were likely ones on Kara's mom since she sent a lot of them there. The hologram thing came from a part of Kara's pod that the DEO had. 

Agreed. *gives writers a crown*

*hugs Kara* I just want every character to give her more hugs.

Well, in season three (spoilers begin here, so invisible ink) Sara turned Rip into the Time Bureau. He basically asked the team for help despite pretty much tossing them aside in 3x01 and got his agents killed for a theory. Sara made a point about how Rip eventually betrays every team/group he's loyal to (a very true fact) and turns him in.

I wish they could show Iris being a reporter for stuff outside of the Flash or metahumans.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I agree. More hugs for Kara 2017. 

It's like my ship just sunk before my eyes.... Honestly I was never that into it, thankfully. 

Yeah like taking down regular human criminals with lots of money. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Okay, time for another I've been wanting to do for a while.

Show: Merlin

Network: BBC

Spoilers: No names attached to major spoilers (except Merlin's)

Review: I wanted so badly to like this show, but I just couldn't. Merlin is an idiot. A very naive idiot and not in the cute way. It's the annoying way. By episode six, three of his friends end up imprisoned for acts of magic he did/acts he knows the real perpetrator of. By the end of the season, almost all of them end up in jail at one point or another. 

Merlin, despite showing no preparation for a life in combat, shows no hesitation or guilt in taking lives on multiple occassions. When he is using magic or sneaking around the castle, he is conveniently not spotted at any time, even by the guards. 

Also, despite cases of magic "rarely showing up in Camelot" or something like that, we get a magical case happening almost every episode. It doesn't seem that rare at all.

And the villains! I'll let a comment I found on a video say it all: "Tried watching this show but it drove me crazy its basically about oppressing the sorcerers to the point where they turn evil..."

Basically, Uther is being cruel and banning magic and killing anyone who shows a sign of it. With Merlin's destiny, he has to protect Arthur, and Uther. I can't root for them because I get why the magicians are angry. They're being hunted, killed, forced to hide. And despite having to live like this, we rarely see Merlin show any hesitation toward condemning his own people or wondering if it's worth saving Uther when Uther is hunting his people, people with magic.

And Merlin's secret apparently means everything and nothing. Everyone goes on about how important it is for him to keep his magic a secret so he does, even when a friend of his turns out to have magic and is really scared. However, he tells his secret to another girl within a minute of knowing her.

A forced romance (that worked better as a reluctant friendship) was added in season two.

Now, let me get to the part that really angered me.

A certain character is going to turn evil. The dragon (who basically gives Merlin advice and the answers to most of his problems) warns Merlin not to trust her repeatedly, so he doesn't. He then goes on to poison her instead of talking to her because she was cursed and didn't know it. This is the friend who had magic, who felt more alone as time went on (she even tried to run away so she could be left alone). Now, his friend, who doesn't know of his magic and feeling increasingly distressed, has been poisoned by the one person she thought she could trust. Is it really a surprise she went to the villains, since they were the only ones who would give her answers and a sense of peace?

Her turn to evil was done terribly, just giving a time skip and now, two episodes later, she's killing people without hesitation. But that's not what angered me the most. It's the fact that it didn't have to happen this way.

If Merlin went with his instinct and not the dragon, and told her that he had magic too, that he understood how she felt, then she probably would not have turned evil in the first place. It became a self fulfilling prophecy.

I'm surprised I made it to season three, but I had to stop after 3x02. It was too ridiculous. Plus, there was no point for me personally to continue since (huge spoiler, invisible ink) my favorite characters and the only reason I kept watching, Arthur and Morgana, both die in the finale.

All in all, I cannot in good conscience recommend this show to anyone.

Rating: 4/10. Decent acting from the majority of the cast and some decent interactions gave the show a few points in their favor.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I'm so glad you wrote this review because I've been interested in Merlin for a long time but something always held me back. Maybe I just wasn't interested enough. The only character who seemed interesting to me was (huge spoilers) Morgana, and after reading what injustice happened to her I won't be watching. Was it ooc of her to start killing people, or has she always been violent? Also did Arthur and Morgana die in the finale of the show? Or the finale of season 2? 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

I was so disappointed in Merlin after reading so many good reviews. I expected a lot better. Anyway (the land of spoilers begins here, so invisible ink)

Morgana could fight, but wasn't really the violent type of person. Arthur even said it once: "Morgana was always kind." Then she found out she had magic. She never agreed with Uther on how people with magic were treated, but her being magical just made it worse. She tried to run away with the Druids (these magical people who told her that magic could be a force for good), but Uther had Arthur track them down and kill them all. Merlin was there and didn't even help the Druids get to safety when he knew they did nothing wrong. He knew Morgana went to them for help and he let them all die. This is why I can't root for Merlin, he always lets the other person or people die.

She grew more angry against Uther when her sister appeared. Everyone was lying to her. Gaius, despite the fact that there should be some kind of patient confidentiality, told Merlin of Morgana's magic without hesitation. Merlin obviously kept his own magic from her. Arthur and Gwen were too busy crushing on each other (a very forced ship, but I'll talk about that another day). Oh, and Uther. In season three, he reveals that Morgana is his daughter. But I'm getting off topic.

Morgana said she wanted Uther to die for the crimes he'd committed (Uther only banned magic because Arthur was born due to magic and his wife, Arthur's mom died as a result of the spell), and then her sister cast a spell on her without her permission that had her make the entire population of Camelot fall asleep so she (the sister, not Morgana, who didn't know of the plan at all) could kill Uther. Merlin then poisoned Morgana, believing it to be the only way (because the stupid dragon told him to do it).

Her sister found her after she was poisoned and took her away. She spent a year with her sister (all off screen), learning how to use her magic and a bunch of other stuff. When she returned two episodes later, she was killing Camelot guards without mercy and giving a lot (I mean a lot) or evil smirks when Uther's back was turned. Merlin's reaction? Going to the dragon and yelling that the dragon was right all along, that Morgana was evil when their action (and lack of action) made her that way!

Arthur was apparently killed my Mordred and Morgana was killed by Merlin with a sword (yeah, no magic showdown, he just killed her). Both died in the series finale.

As you can see, I'm far from a Merlin fan, whether it's the show or the character. Not the actor though, Colin did what he could with the script he was given.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

That sounds like really bad writing. I mean (spoilers) Morgana had a choice but the way he handled it was really bad. Merlin sounds like the most frustrating/irritating character ever. And I can't with shows like that. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Yeah, the show got infuriating really fast.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Okay, this was meant to be a place to discuss television shows not to watch, but I'm going to add movie discussions too.

Movie: Alex Strangelove

Network: Netflix

Spoilers: Major spoilers in invisible ink

Review: I'm going to try and keep this one short. As a member of the LGBT community, I was kind of excited to see this movie. I could not have been more disappointed.

Let's start with the lead character, Alex. So, he's apparently straight, but then has feelings for a boy. By the second time they meet, sparks are apparently flying. I don't see it at all. The romance between him and his soon to be boyfriend was lacking and rushed. Needed more development.

Then, let's go to his girlfriend. She's actually a decent enough person. She could be mean at times, but Alex was usually a jerk first. I mean, he yelled at her for "following him" by being at his house once when it turned out she was just there because she couldn't stand being with her mom at the hospital anymore (her mom has cancer or something like that), was all snappy and distant and giving mixed signals, and ended their relationship by yelling that he might have feelings for someone else. It then ended with him coming out to her as gay and her tracking down the guy Alex had a crush on and inviting him to prom for Alex. That seems like a pretty good friend who deserves much better.

Now, the boyfriend (Elliot). Like I mentioned, the relationship was very lacking. Despite all the screentime he has, they only met up a handful of times and sent a few texts beyond that. And the way Alex treated him was bad. Alex kissed him while still dating his girlfriend, blamed him, said Elliot was like leading him on and all that, left, only met up again at the prom (which I mentioned earlier, was only because of his now ex girlfriend). There, he's all awkward before leaving and hiding in the bathroom. When Elliot follows to ask what's wrong, Alex says everyone is watching. Elliot then leaves, Alex follows him, kisses him, and everything is okay. Elliot never got a proper apology for the accusations Alex meant and honestly, I didn't feel like he cared about Alex much in a romantic way.

Finally, the journey. It was terrible. Basically, Alex thinks he's straight, then meets a gay guy for the first time, and now he's crushing on Elliot by the end of the second meeting. He comes to the conclusion that he's bisexual very fast and says it to his friend very soon after. I know it's different for each person in the community, but from my perspective, it seemed very unrealistic. It took me a while to realize my first crush on a girl and a while longer to actually say I was a lesbian out loud, much less to my friends. And he figures it out in like a few days and can say it to his friends without feeling nervous at all a few hours afterward? The same Alex who we discover repressed a memory that linked to his sexuality? I don't buy it at all.

Also, while he was actually gay and not bisexual in the end, the way his friend reacted when Alex came out to him was utterly disgusting. I didn't like the friend before, but I hated him from there to the rest of the movie.

All in all, I cared more about Alex's ex-girlfriend and his boyfriend more than Alex himself. By the end of the movie, I just wanted those two to become friends and leave him behind. I could not feel any sort of sympathy for him at all.

Rating: 2/10 I feel like I'm being too nice here. For a much better LGBT movie featuring people in high school, I recommend Love, Simon. 

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Posting to find later (and because I think I might have an idea for a new update)

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

sapphiredragon5553

Miraculous is so cute though I mean I wouldn't choose specifically to watch it, but when my sis is watching it ill stop and watch some, because it's cute and funny but yeah cringed. But don't tell me you didn't have that theme song stuck in your head for at least the rest of the day!!! MIRACULOUS, SIMPLY THE BEST,.......

• Posted at:

Hi, it's Katie:) I'm Lucian and a bit Janus but I'm nice:) I'm home-schooled and on a lot and I would love to chat with anyone! And I'm trying to get my first a five hundred stars, thanks if you make that happen!:)

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

It's been a while, but here's my next entry.

Show: Superstore

Network: NBC

Spoilers: Minor

Review: I had heard good things about this show and that people who enjoyed Brooklyn 99 and The Good Place (both shows I adore) would love this one too. I just didn't.

I can't root for the main couple (Jake and Amy) at all because of the way they wrote it, involving a daughter and her still being married (and looking happily so, at least at the time) when they met. 

Glenn, the boss, is awkward in the way that's trying to seem endearing, but I always see several conversations the way he speaks to women as potential for a lawsuit. He's not trying to be (he's very much in love with his wife) and the words just come out wrong, but it's not really that funny to me.

Dina, the manager, has a very very persistent crush on Jonah (who is interested in Amy). I mean this in a very creepy and not appropriate way. I would sue if I were treated the way Jonah was. I was very thankful when the crush ended, but I still don't care about her character.

Mateo is basically a gay character stereotype. Not much else to say.

Cheyenne is alright in small doses, but her partner, Bo, is insufferable. 

Garrett is probably my favorite character of the group, but I don't like him that much.

A lot of the storylines fall flat and it's just not that funny.

All in all, it felt like a show that was trying to be a good workplace comedy, but wasn't there.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

On another note, I'm considering doing an alternative thread with TV Recommendations. I think there are a number of good shows that don't get enough appreciation (Agents of SHIELD, Legends of Tomorrow, Brooklyn 99, One Day At A Time, the list goes on). If anyone wants this to happen, please express your interest and I'll make the thread.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

catpizza879

Yeah that would be cool.

• Posted at:

HELLO

Call me Zeku

I LOVE books and more books

I LOVE cats

I'm a Christian 

A SUPER nerd

"I don't believe in doing things the smart way, I believe in doing things the fast way." ~ My Dad

Front sm

darkqueen30

aka DetectiveGirl13

Merlin had a lot of errors but it was part of my childhood and I just can't hate it. It's like hating on LOST. You just can't. :P

~APHRODITE~

• Posted at:

Proud Greek

Ninjas, Ninjas, Ninjas in pyjamas! (Let's show them who we are!) **follows trap dance :P**

Proud Little Black Star

Aphrodite, the dark queen of CCMB

\m/ metalhead 4ever

#RememberSkylarAndAnyoneWhoDiedfromCancer

Sasuke Uchiha <3

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Aphrodite

I get that. I watched Glee a couple years ago and loved it. Now I'm rewatching it and seeing so many bad things, but I can't bring myself to hate it. It's nostalgia, I think.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald