Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Branch: Ekaterina

So, this is the fourth version of my blog. Feel free to drop in if you want to say hello, talk to me, freak out over TV shows (my favorite show is Agents of SHIELD), or just drop a reminder about something.

*waves* Hello.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

"See the world not as it is, but as it should be."

"The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last."

Thanks for the memories. I'll miss you all.

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Does anyone here watch White Collar? I'm on the second season right now and really liking it.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

"The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last."

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

Hello! Do you watch Steven Universe?

• Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

"Love is Love and not fade away..."~Buddy Holly

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

Bump

• Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

Bump

• Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Hey Emma! Nice to meet you. I've heard of Steven Universe, but never watched it. What is it about?

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

Bump

• Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

It is about Steven, who is half human and half gem. His mother is technically dead from giving birth to him. The gems are people from space that have special powers. The gems are Earth are trying to save the Earth. The gems in Homeworld want to destroy the Earth and everyone that lives there. It is mostly about the conflict between the gems on Earth and those on Homeworld. I've heard of White Collar but never seen it. Is it good? What is it about?

• Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Sounds interesting. Is this show currently airing or did it end? And what Network is/was it on? Disney? ABC? CW?

White Collar is decent. It's your stereotypical good law enforcement officer works with charming criminal to solve cases. If you watch it, I advise just casual viewing and not watching a bunch of episodes at once. It's a show that's best when it stays procedural, has a tendency of showing any law enforcement that isn't FBI as enemies, and has the repeating pattern of "agent does not trust criminal partner, criminal partner actually doesn't do anything, agent still does not trust partner, partner does something stupid and manages to solve the case".

However, it does showcase some good friendships with the Neal (the criminal) and his partner in crime (not to be confused with his FBI partner, this is a different dude). It's also one of the few shows with a main character getting married before the events of the pilot, staying married throughout the series, and the marriage being happy and healthy. It also has some funny moments.

In short, White Collar is fine as long as it's casual viewing and you don't overthink it. If you're like me and tend to analyze the characters, relationships, and plot as much as you can, it's probably not going to be a show you like. I ended up dropping the show in the middle of season two and I'm not sure if I'll pick it up again.

If you're looking for a procedural law enforcement show that's fun, but seems different than the rest, I recommend Psych. It has eight seasons and it's about a man who has amazing observational skills pretending to be psychic so he can help the police on cases. The first episode is meh, but it picks up after that.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

White Collar and Psych sound like interesting shows, will need to watch them. Steven Universe comes on Cartoon Network. Steven Universe is coming back on November 10. I will forewarn you that it takes long breaks between seasons, unlike some Cartoon Network shows (*I'm looking at you Teen Titans Go, who never takes breaks...*). Another good show, if you're not into animation is the Good Doctor. The Good Doctor is about this young man with autism going through his residency. The Good Doctor is on ABC. Also, how is Agents of SHIELD? How's life going?

• Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

White Collar and Psych seem like they would be enjoyable. Steven Universe is still going. However, I will forewarn you that they do take long breaks between seasons, unlike some cartoons. That show is on Cartoon Network. Another show I would recommend if you haven't seen it is The Good Doctor. It is about a man with autism going through his residency. The Good Doctor is on ABC. Also, is Agents of SHIELD good? How is life going?

• Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

Sorry, thought the post didn't go through.

• Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

Bump

• Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

I actually don't have Cartoon Network (or a TV, now we just use live stream on the network's site if we want to watch it live or watch the day after). Are there DVDs?

I'm watching The Good Doctor actually. It's on my new shows that I like list, which is also home to Young Sheldon (something I'd definitely rate above The Big Bang Theory right now, plus it has a focus on family) and Kevin (Probably) Saves the World (kind of ridiculous, but it's fun and spreads a message to be kinder. It's one of those feel good shows).

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a television series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It focuses on Agent Coulson, who died in the Avengers, but is alive now, it's a mystery that gets solved in the first season. Anyway, he and his team are dealing with special cases (in his words: "The strange, the unknown."). It starts off procedural, but after like halfway through the season, it gets serialized and stays that way (and we realize that things in the earlier episodes had a purpose). 

I liked the show from the start, but others have complained that the first few episodes are slow. I'd advise watching the entire first season before passing judgement. There are four seasons and it seems like one of the few shows where people say it gets better every season and it really does. Seriously, I thought nothing could be better than season two, then season three happened. And how could they beat season three? With an almost impossibly good season four. I'm eagerly waiting for the show to return on December 1st for season five.

Life is going fine for the most part. Just uneventful.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

There are a few DVDs, the first few episodes are a bit childish. Then, it increasingly gets more intense. The first few episodes help show how much Steven grows up throughout the series. I think only season one and two are on DVD right now. Agents of SHIELD seem cool, what channel does it come on? It upset me when Coulson died in Avengers, so I'm happy they brought him back. Nice that life is treating you well. 

• Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Noted. I'll look for them in the library.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is on ABC. The first four seasons are on Netflix in most countries if you need to catch up. There are also DVDs for the first three seasons (not sure about four). So far, there are 88 episodes and this season, they'll pass 100. It's the longest running show in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (their first TV show actually, even though people think it's Daredevil).

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

Cool, I'll probably start watching that over Thanksgiving break. What else do you like to do?

• Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

It's mostly TV, school, and studying for career related stuff for me. Well, and the search for a new hobby.

What about you?

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

For me it is TV, school, and college stuff...

• Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

How many fans of comic book TV shows are here on this MB? More specifically, the Marvel and DC ones. How would you rank the ones you've seen?

For me, it's:

1. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (my all time favorite show)

2. Jessica Jones

3. Legends of Tomorrow (despite a mediocre first season, seasons two and three seem to change the game and feel the most like an actual comic book)

4. Agent Carter

5. Daredevil (I don't know, I never really loved it as much as others did)

6. Supergirl (I loved season one and 2A, but 2B wasn't good. 3A seems to be back on track though)

7. Flash (pretty good until 2x18 and only got worse from there)

8. Arrow (never loved the show as much as others did)

9. Luke Cage

10. Defenders (I went on a whole rant about how bad it was and why on TV Shows to Never Watch thread)

Haven't seen Iron Fist or Gotham. Only seen the pilot of The Gifted.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

How is everyone?

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Branch: Lucian

Hey, 

I can't believe it's been that long since we've connected. I hope you're doing well. How is school going? What kind of career are you looking into?

We've kind of decided that I'm going to work and go to a community college when I graduate HS. To save up money. People who have done this have said that they can transfer all of their credits to a 4 year college. I can decide on a 4-year college and be accepted now to coordinate so that they will accept the credits and then I'll be going to their college after my two years, guaranteed as long as my GPA is good, which it will be. I can have more time to look into scholarships, too. 

I think I'm going to begin in the social work field and then possibly look into ministry. I've spend lots of time at church working for the "under-served" in the community. I've also been on the Missions Committee and Team Haiti. Because of what I've been doing in these two areas, they have decided that it's good experience for anyone in 11 and 12th grades to join certain committees (ministries) that serve others (as opposed to making church decisions). So, that's a really good thing! Get the experience and some direction for your life. Make a difference now, kind of thing. I'm finally going to Haiti in January. There had been lots of talk about me going, but since teams going weren't "youth teams" they decided I needed to wait until I was 18. I'm really excited. I've been doing a lot for Haiti from 1,500 miles away, but I still know all of the kids by name or pic and who is sponsoring them. It'll be the most awesome thing to finally meet them!!

Blessings, George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

of the eternal life to which you were called

when you made the good confession

before many witnesses." 

I Timothy 6:12

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

George! *tackle hugs * It's been way too long since our last chat. 

I'm doing well and school is better for the most part. Still doing Independent Study, but I'm taking math at my local high school because IS doesn't offer it. I'm looking into a career regarding television actually. I always considered it would be engineering for me, but that was mostly what my parents had wanted. I love television, I love the stories, the characters, how a show evolves, the sort of messages TV can send, and I want to be a part of it. My parents (especially my mom) were initially against it, but they're fine with it now. They just want me to choose a safe career where I'm happy.

My brother is currently in a community college actually. He's planning on transferring after this year to one of the four-year colleges just like you plan to. Piece of advice, take at least one fun course every semester. My brother took two courses that weren't fun last semester and he really didn't like it. Said it was the least fun he had in school for a long time. He makes sure to try and get into a course he likes with all the others now.

That sounds like an amazing experience. You must be doing a lot of work for Team Haiti if there's that much talk of you joining trips before you're 18. What do you do when you're working with the Missions Committee and Team Haiti? Like, are you collecting donations or spreading the word or something else? Do the kids know you?

It's always great to hear from you, I hope you're doing well.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Hazel!!!

I'm glad you are doing so well in school and you get to take math in the high school. That has always been important to you. That is a huge change from engineering to television! Will you be able to get experience with that during HS? I remember you had said there wasn't much in your community that you could do, but is there something in communications that you could find? Have you made friends? Do you still do fanfic? I'm sure you still read tons of books like I do!

I'm glad your parents are okay with the change. You need to be happy doing what you want to do. That's cool that your brother goes to community college. I'll remember what you say about taking a fun class. 

In Missions we have a budget to use for expenses, but mostly for us to pray about who to give the money to locally, nationally, and internationally. We do fundraisers throughout the year. I've made the Advent and Lenten Calendars on the computer for two years now. It doesn't seem as if anybody else has computer experience, so I've had to learn a lot. For this Lenten calendar we're supporting a post-rehab Christian home for men that started less than 1-1/2 years ago. Pastor Cathy is on the board and knows everyone involved including the District Attorney and coroner, etc. We put in facts on addiction, scripture, prayers. The way we get money is to ask for things. Like, "Count your pill bottles. Give 30¢ for each prescription and 15¢." for each OTC." "Give 40¢ for each time you hear or read about drugs or addiction today." The team gives me these things to put into the calendar. My favorite thing in Missions is to organize and collect book bags and school items so kids can "shop". Brianna had already been working with me so I could lead, so I've been in charge for two years now. The team is happy with that arrangement! =)

Haiti. We founded the School of Hope. We have 83 children sponsored, but about 235 go to school. If the parents of the kids not sponsored can at least buy their child's uniform or something, the money the church gives takes care of the rest. The greatest expense is the teachers' salaries and they might as well teach 50 kids instead of 10. I know all of the kids by name and photograph and who is sponsoring them. When Pastor Cathy and Pastor Gener return with photos they don't remember who the kids are even if they tried to write them down. I know who they are, tho. I love of being connected to the kids from afar because kids are my heart. We founded an orphanage, Kaendra's Place, with 12 children. They are from ages 3-15, 3 girls and 9 boys. There are only two children who don't have siblings there, but they are becoming one family. The way they talk about the kids makes me really want to visit. I love when they show videos of the kids at the beach or something. They are happy. We have to get more support for them so we can continue to send money so they can eat. We did buy a farmland and now they get fresh food to help with this. The kids don't know me yet, but I can't wait to meet them!

I do get to help make decisions for both teams. I get to help collect money, count it, and keep track of it, just as I keep track of the kids in the computer. I seem to be the only one on both teams who can use a computer and be organized to keep info on the kids and who is sponsoring them. I can keep track of who has or hasn't paid and if they are paid two years ahead, and I can remember most of that. I keep track of the pics and info on the kids, although we don't have much info. We send out emails to the sponsors frequently. Usually Pastor Cathy or one of the adults write and I edit and send. There have to be two unrelated adults with the money all the time, like when we count and make deposits. Usually Terri and I do the money and another person is in the room to make it legit. Since I'm still doing school online, I have time for all of this. Sometimes I get pretty stressed because of how much there is to do and deadlines, but then I remember all of the adults on the teams who do a lot and help me so much.

We want to have somebody in charge of everything that we are doing in Haiti. An American living in Haiti. Sometimes the miscommunication or lack thereof causes problems. Also, things are done way differently in Haiti than in the US. We have to do things the Haitian way, but we have to understand what they are doing and why. We want to pay someone to do that. Another church in the area does that and it works well. I'd like to gain the experience to help with leadership training, teaching reading to the adults, giving microloans so that the parents can have a source of income. Putting in wells. That's what I want to go to college for and I want to visit Haiti as often as I can until then. 

Well, this is long as usual! I'll check back in when I can!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

George!

Yeah, right now I'm taking AP Caculus AB. I want to see if I can take BC in the summer, so that I can do Statistics or  Multivariable Calculus & Differential Equations in senior year. Those two are the highest level courses the school has to offer. 

I don't remember if I talked to you much when high school started, but high school Independent Study is different than middle school. You only do two or three courses at one time (maybe one or two more if you go to the local high school) and the courses have to be complete in five to six weeks. Basically, less subjects, less time to complete the courses. We also have an advisor to check our progress every few weeks, check in, stuff like that. My advisor is amazing. She loves strong female characters and comic books and television and science and almost every time we have a conversation, we end up taking like an hour.

Anyway, she's very supportive of my career choice and is doing her best to help me (showing me courses in community colleges that might be of use, mentioning old contacts of hers in the field of writing, focusing my English assignments on television so I can learn more, stuff like that). Hopefully, that should be enough to get into one of the good scriptwriting colleges. There are very few of them and I've got even less options since I really want to stay in the state.

Haven't really made any friends since Independent Study is just that, Independent Study. I only know the name of two other students there and that's only because I tutor them or used to tutor them. I still talk with most of my friends from Infinity Ring and Zemi (you might remember her as Miyrah) though. Don't write much fanfic anymore and I actually haven't read books not related to school or career for a while. Just don't know which ones are good. Do you have some recommendations?

So in Missions, you make calendars and sort of have a rotating plan of what to do. Do you have different things for every calendar or are some things the same and some different?

You helped found a school? That's awesome! And you know the names or faces of all 235 kids? And an orphanage? Not to mention playing a major role in Team Haiti and Missions Committee. No wonder you're so busy, you're like a superhero! It's truly amazing, the amount of people you've managed to help. Something tells me I'll be seeing you in the news one day (if you aren't already). I mean seriously, how do you do it? How do you do all that amazing stuff and still have time to sleep?

Having an American in Haiti would definitely help decrease the number of misunderstandings. Are you guys still getting the money for that to happen or is it finding someone who is good for the job? Is there a process to creating such a role?

~ Hazel

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Branch: Janus

Not to cut in but I have a quick question for George. 

Hey George! Hope you're well. I saw that you're in ministry which is great! Do you have any tips for getting started, or a ministry in the US open to people coming who are interested in going full or part time into ministry? I've had an interest for a long time in a ministry/just helping out women and children. Especially children in need, human trafficking, and orphans. Any advice would be appreciated! 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Hazel,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I've been sick. I got behind in my school work and now I have to catch up with things in church. Also, a friend is helping me to redo my room. It's taking a while because she gets stuff at auction and I look for stuff at thrift stores. So far it's nice - purple with a splash of pink. All of this to say, I'm both not well and busy trying to catch up, but I haven't forgotten you. I'll get back on here asap.

Hi Monica! That's great that you have a heart for ministry, too! I was able to get involved through a new church. The adults accepted me more than my peers, so I got to sit in on meetings and gradually help with the work. This summer I'll be 18, so I'll finally be able to officially help as an adult, which means I can do much more. I've learned from those around me and they have been very encouraging.

Read, attend seminars and talk to those in the ministry areas in which you are intersted. We have some agencies in town where I wouldn't be able to be involved until I become 18. There are also other churches in the area who have ministries in Haiti. Our team has met some of the people at these churches. We learn what to do and what not to do based on what they do. One church works like World Vision - we could never do that. We have partnered with a Haitian pastor and his congregation, so that helps us in all kinds of ways. (Even so, we make mistakes we have to learn from, like everything else in life.) We all had to read two popular books about Haiti. One was an easy read, but one much harder because of content and intensity - seeing all of the ways our country has hurt Haiti throughout the years. We have gotten to know the people in the Haitian church. We were learning Creole, but we haven't worked on that in a while. The classes are supposed to resume soon.

So, research in your areas of interest. Find out what's in your community regarding your interests - organizations, charities, churches. Ask what you can do to learn - sit in on meetings, etc. Aurora, my good friend in Florida from this forum, did all kinds of charity things that she was "too young to do" because of how she presented herself. Anything is possible! I hope it goes well with you!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

George!

It's totally okay. I figured you're busy a lot and when you're sick, you should focus on yourself. Take all the time you need.

I got a B+ for semester one of Calculus! I was really hoping for an A, but since it's an AP (Advanced Placement) course, I'm still glad. A's in English like usual and still behind in my Spanish classes (I'm really bad at Spanish, I barely have a B in the class and I know the grade will fall soon because things are just getting more confusing). I really need to improve my grade point average if I want a chance to get into one of the better colleges. How are you doing with your courses?

I've been spending a lot of time researching colleges. I'm trying to stay in California since it's home and there's a lot more job opportunities here than in most states for Television Writing/Production, but options are still limited. There's only like 10 colleges that offer a Bachelors or Certificate and several are online (which is a no for my parents considering how expensive the course is).

Get well soon, can't wait to hear from you again. :)

Hazel

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Branch: Janus

Thank you so much for your advice George! 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

How is everyone doing?

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

teleport

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

Hazel, i like agents of shield too!!! We also dont have tv s we watch it on netflix

What season are you on???? I am only on season 3, because my mom said it is too intense so we can only get to watch i episode a day.

also, what are your favorite characters? Mine are FitzSimmons (also favorite ship/OTP)

• Posted at:

Unicorn

| ISFP | Libra | Elysium | Scriptor | Ravenclaw |            

Triplets:Vixen and Samurai

Flip: Candycorn/pony 

Best Friends:Bracha, Jin, Fiona, Rune,Cain

3/30/18

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Lizzy

Nice to meet a fellow fan!

I'm on the current season. Couldn't watch last night's episode live like I usually do (5x18), but I'll be seeing it later this weekend. Your mom is right, the show gets super intense (especially in season four, so much stuff happens in season four). What episode are you on?

My favorite characters used to be Daisy and Fitz (they tied for #1), but in light of recent episodes, I'd probably have to make May #1, Daisy #2, and Fitz #3. 

While I have very mixed feelings regarding FitzSimmons in this current arc, I still believe that they have amazing chemistry and make an amazing couple.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

wait we just started season 4

• Posted at:

Unicorn

| ISFP | Libra | Elysium | Scriptor | Ravenclaw |            

Triplets:Vixen and Samurai

Flip: Candycorn/pony 

Best Friends:Bracha, Jin, Fiona, Rune,Cain

3/30/18

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Nice! What episode are you on? Have you reached 4x15 or as I like to call it, one of the best episodes of television I've ever watched?

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Hazel,

It's been like forever since I've been on here. Sorry. Just get so busy that I forget. I'm 18 now. Finished with school. Graduating with honors, but I have no idea what I'm going to do next. I was going to go to community college, but we don't have money for that right now. Everybody applies for scholarships, but the 4 years get most of them. I'm going to work for a while and save up some money. Probably in a daycare or preschool because Brianna and P. Cathy will give good recommendations for me.

I can finally "officially" do stuff in church now. I can still help with the kids and Haiti and Missions and I won't be treated like a minor. I don't feel like a grown up yet. Too soon, I guess. Brianna (Children's Minister) is going to take me and a couple of adults (awkward) with her to a conference in Atlanta, GA. It's about making kids a priority in our church and how to help the adults realize that they need to invest in the kids if they want them to have a relationship with Jesus and in the future reach people for Christ. We're the next generation (esp the littles) and they need to support the kids before they stop caring about God. It's more than just SS and fun, it's about building relationships. This has been a battle for her.

The youth pastor isn't any good. He does everything he can to DISCOURAGE new youth from coming in and participating. He's boring. Youth group at our church is horrible. Brianna has been doing all of this outreach, but Collin won't even print flyers for the youth or advertise anything. The kids do a play every Christmas and a musical every spring. The youth do NOTHING. I never wanted to be a kid more than during my four years in youth! He started when I came. IDK how nobody sees any of this except Brianna, youth volunteers, parents, and the kids themselves. 

I WAS to go to Haiti in January. There are almost 20 people going, and many are not from our church but have connections to our Pastor. I don't want to go with that many people, especially not knowing many of them. The Pastor hasn't even had any team meetings or begun to raise money and she's taking all of August off. Sept to Dec isn't much time and people will be giving for CHRISTMAS stuff, not a really huge Missions trip. We'd decided I'd go this October. There would be four other people and I know them all. I'd be the best one to go according to P. Cathy since I know the kids better than anyone. We've moved the school to a larger building in a safer neighborhood. We're going to have a max of 150 kids instead of 235. It'd be my job to work with someone to see which of the kids we sponsor have followed us to the new school location, make sure their info is correct, and get photos. Then after that I'd work on the kids who aren't sponsored. BUT...

P. Cathy told me just today that we aren't going in October. I guess I just have to be patient and pray.

I love being with the kids. I'm able to actually be a lead teacher now. A lady has been away for months due to cancer, so I'll be taking over the Wednesday night preschool program with Brianna's guidance. There is only one other person who is interested. She has an associates degree in Early Childhood Education, is like 25, she thinks she's good at teaching, but she's never prepared and LITERALLY has her phone in her hand the whole time. She took over for the lady with cancer, but it was just chaos. She won't work with me since I'm so much younger and taking over from her, but the adult aides seem to be fine that they will be helping me. They would rather help than be in charge. A lot of them do many other things with the kids. I'm nervous but excited!

I haven't been with family in over six months. Ugh! I hate it! They are two hours away and I never see them. I'm excited that mom and I will finally be going in August, but I feel like I don't know anybody anymore, so we'll see. Grandma said she'd take us lots of places, though, so that will be nice to spend so much time with her. Hopefully things will be good with everyone else, too.

What grade are you going into? 10th? How are you doing in preparing to work in TV? That's good you have a good teacher who supports you. Will you work with this teacher again this coming year? You said you were looking for a new hobby. Have you found anything interesting yet? How is your brother? Did he do well with his first year at community college? I hope things just keep getting better and better for you! I'm happy that you are doing something that makes you happy!

Hope to hear from you, but if not, I understand!

Thanks, George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@George

So great to hear from you! 18 and graduating high school? That's amazing! I hope wherever you work will have an awesome environment and that you'll have enough to go to college soon.

How weird does it feel to be 18? I always hear that it feels pretty strange for a while, for some even until they turn 19. Is this your first conference with the church or will this be your first one as an adult? Will you be speaking? How do you feel about it?

That youth pastor sounds like he needs a lot of help. Are the kids happy when they're with him? Do they share the opinion that he's boring? Does he know he's doing terribly and trying to do better (like it's new for him and this is a learning curve) or does he just not care about what everyone else has to say?

So the plan for your trip hasn't been finalized yet. When will you guys have that together? You mentioned raising money, is it to pay for the trip, your goal (the new school) or both?

You're going to be a lead teacher at the church? Congratulations! You're going to do great, I know it.

Really glad to hear you'll be able to visit your family in August. How often do you usually see your grandparents?

Just hearing you question if I'm going into 10th grade makes me remember just how quickly the years go by. I'm actually going into 12th grade. The big senior year. I'm turning 17 next month. There's going to be a lot of stress this year. I'm behind on my credit requirements. I literally have 17.5 credits of Spanish left to do out of the 20 (2 years) required for high school graduation and it's my slowest course. I'm using an app to learn some spanish now in the summer so once we're back in school, I can understand more of it and get through the coursework faster.

My amazing advisor actually retired this year. Her mom is sick, so she went on break to stay with her (all the courses she taught were put on hold because she was the only science teacher and the counselor would see us every week or two for advisory instead) and after a month or two, decided to move and stay with her. We still talk on the phone every week or two and will be seeing each other in person soon (they live pretty close to one of the colleges we're planning to visit, so she's coming with us on the tour that day). I've got no idea who my new advisor will be, they haven't hired her yet.

I haven't found a new hobby, I'm mostly trying to get through summer homework at the moment and prepare for the ACT and SAT (I plan on taking the ACT, but my advisor said to take both just in case). My brother is doing okay in classes. Having a hard time staying motivated, but it should be better after this year when there's less of the general education courses and more of the engineering related ones.

And don't worry about not hearing from me, I check the blog like once a month, so even if it takes a while, I'll be reading and replying to your posts. :)

Hazel

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

teleport

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Hey guys!

If anyone else here lives in California, stay safe! The fires and the smoke is just terrible. Where I live, you can't see the end of the street clearly.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@George

I know you might not be reading this for a while, but I wanted to tell you about some of the MB updates so you knew. They got rid of a bunch of old MBs that had little activity (Infinity Ring is gone), the chat is also gone (they may be working on a replacement), and a ton of old posts are also gone. 

I just wanted to give you a heads up for the next time you're on here.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Remember Infinity Ring

Remember Emerald

1 ,