Front sm

ambersunrise15

aka AmberEnigma1

Branch: Ekaterina

So yeah...Broadway. New obsession.

I saw Aladdin on Broadway two years ago and this year I saw Anastasia (which I could go on an entirely separate happiness rant about that because I love the movie so much and I loved this musical even more and we got front row seats and also got to meet the cast at the stage door and they were absolutely the most amazing people ever). I also saw Mary Poppins in Detroit and Guys and Dolls in Stratford.

I also love Phantom (I'm seeing Love Never Dies next month), Les Mis, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Annie, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, Gypsy, Carousel, okay this list could go on for so long...I've also listened to Hamilton, Ragtime, Mamma Mia, Wicked, Spring Awakening (warning: if you haven't heard of that one it's kinda inappropriate so be careful but it's got a good message) and Great Comet (which it's so stupid that it just closed...).

My favorite actors and actresses (current and in no particular order) are Ramin Karimloo, Hadley Fraser, Sierra Boggess, Christy Altomare, Derek Klena, John Bolton, again the list could go on...I also love Julie Andrews and Lea Salonga...but I mean who doesn't?

So yeah basically if you're into Broadway or other musical theatre stuff, hit me up! What are your favorite shows, what have you seen, favorite actors, etc....?

~:~

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

NATALiE!SaladinLeague,VFD,Terces,ninja,tomboy,Whovian

If it's time to go, remember what you're leaving. Remember the best.

-Doctor Who(Goodbye Matt Smith!L)

JESUS FREAK!!

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Tuck Everlasting, Newsies, Pippin, Matilda, Newsies, Finding Neverland, The Lion King, The Addams Family, Aladdin, Annie Get Your Gun, Saturday's Warriors (not technically Broadway), and MANY MORE. Those are my favs. :) 

YOU SAW ANASTASIA?????? I AM SO FLIPPING JELLY AHHHHHH. 

I really love Andrew Keenan-Bolger, Jeremy Jordan, Kara Lindsey, Ben Tyler Cook, Terrance Mann, and MAAAAANY others. 

I've done 101 Dalmatians (Sgt. Tibbs), Annie Get Your Gun (Becky Oakley), Annie (Rooster Hannigan), Aristocats (Private Souiss), Aladdin (Merchant/Ribbon dancer), Peter Pan (Tootles), My Son Pinocchio (Arancia), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (Townsgirl), and am currently doing The Lion King (Rafiki). 

Theatre and Broadway are literally my entire life. The stage is my home.

• Posted at:

mickey. 

no more band-aids on my heartaches.

no more smoke when i burn my pancakes. 

no more drowning in my sorrow. 

with my chin held up there's always better luck

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ambersunrise15

aka AmberEnigma1

Mickey- Awesome! Oh yeah I forgot about Seven Brides and Annie Get Your Gun; those are good ones. I'm sure the Lion King is awesome too but I've never seen it...Oh wait I also forgot Carrie...now I'm gonna start thinking of all the ones I missed...

And it's really cool that you've actually done all those shows! See, I was kinda involved in theatre stuff when I was in elementary school but with like church musicals; they were well done but they weren't like the popular well-known ones. And then we weren't allowed to do them after 5th grade and I was bummed but I never ended up getting back into it in middle school or junior high with like drama club or anything, which I totally regret now. And by senior year of high school I was like starting to obsess over theatre stuff and I wanted to get back into it and at the end of the year our school was doing Spelling Bee and I actually wanted to audition and they were literally like asking for people who weren't in drama club to audition and I was like actually going to but then it turned out that I was going to be in Disney World with the marching band on all of the days of the actual performances and I was like, "Are you kidding me?!" But I'm totally gonna try to get back into it in college even though I'll be up against like, actual theatre majors...

And yes I saw Anastasia and honestly I still can't believe it myself...

But yeah anyway...this has been my rant of the day. Carry on with your lives...

• Posted at:

JESUS FREAK!!

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Branch: Janus

It's kinda funny that I stumbled upon this thread because my obsession with The King and I is back again and I've been thinking about how I need to see/listen to more musicals. I really want to see Wicked, Anastasia, and Tuck Everlasting. My faves are The Sound of Music, Newsies, The King and I, Annie, Beauty and the Beast, My Fair Lady, West Side Story, and Yentl (the movie with Barbra Streisand). I also really want to see Cats, but we only have it on VHS and our player doesn't work. I adore Julie Andrews! Also Marnie Nixon, who is tragically underrated. 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Branch: Janus

I can't believe I forgot about Mary Poppins. It's one of my top 5 of all time. 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

hydrahoneydew9

yes broadway yay

• Posted at:

ocean 

your evil fandom reference queen

haunted by knee bruise goblins | nr's mb-sis

|probably playing miitopia| drowning in ships|

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

(thanks eris)

#Saveisaac2k19

#wafflesarefriends

#rememberhurricane

Front sm

ambersunrise15

aka AmberEnigma1

Hey guys! Everyone else who replied, I promise I'll get back with you as soon as I can but I'm super busy this week! Thanks for replying, though, and I really like seeing which shows everyone likes! :)

• Posted at:

JESUS FREAK!!

Front sm

onyxwolf284

HAPPY NATIONAL BROADWAY MUSICAL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

no more band-aids on my heartaches.

no more smoke when i burn my pancakes. 

no more drowning in my sorrow. 

with my chin held up there's always better luck

tomorrow.