Front sm

tsunamininja5

Branch: Tomas

Everyone else was hanging out with their friends from eighth grade. I don't know anyone. And it's not as simple as "make new friends." I only want real friends. I've had six of those in my lifetime. Two who've moved away, one who quit taekwondo, and the other three currently work at TKD with me (who are the best friends I could ask for). So I was alone and friendless today. It might be that way for the entire school year. :/

Believe me, I looked for friends. But I didn't find any. All the other girls look and act and dress EXACTLY THE SAME, and they're always on their phones and freak out over little things that don't matter. And did I mention they're extremely SENSITIVE? To EVERYTHING? "Ow, I fell, that hurt! -cry cry cry-" AND IT'S ONLY A LITTLE BRUISE??? Girl, don't even get me started on how much pain I put up with on a regular basis! Bruises heal, blood clots, there's no need to cry about it! Certainly not a tiny little bruise!

They're ALL popular girls now, and I'm just the awkward, clumsy taekwondo girl with a short ponytail who wears athletic clothes instead of the "trendy" clothes everyone else spends hundreds of dollars on. I work for a martial arts franchise and I do taekwondo training instead of sitting around texting people or whatever. I buy my own stuff with my own money that I earn from working - my parents don't buy me the newest iPhone or expensive makeup or whatever. So I don't fit in. I'm nothing like everyone else.

There were a few girls with boyfriends too - and trust me, I'll never be that lucky. I have yet to find a taekwondo boy. :/

So I have a lot of confidence for the new school year. I get to be the outcast again. Yay. :/

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Front sm

dogyellow583

Branch: Ekaterina

I know how you feel about wanting to have real friends. I'm homeschooled, but I meet with a group of other homeschoolers once a week during the school year.

It's not always a bad thing to not fit in. If everyone is the same, that's boring... I know it's hard. Just think of your strengths-- such as taekwondo-- and remember that you're special and amazing just how you are :)

Good luck, Samurai. I'm sure you'll be able to find some true friends. :)

• Posted at:

Christy ~  currently trying to figure out what’s wrong with me 

Front sm

tsunamininja5

Thanks, Christy. :)

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Front sm

basketballathletic1926

Branch: Lucian

You will find friends, perhaps try and join the sport clubs. And anyone with a personality like yours will find friends. Good luck! I know you will!

• Posted at:

~Cass~

#RemeberLily&Jane

#SupportTheLGBTQ+Community

#TooManyBooksNotEnoughBookmarks

A PROUD LUCIAN!

If you ask me how I am, there are three default answers; fine, good or eh.

Front sm

tsunamininja5

Cass-

Thanks. :)

No clubs for me, though. I told my master I wanted to assist with class this school year. Haven't heard back yet, and I'm not sure about transportation, but I'd rather do something taekwondo-related than a school sport. And time wouldn't allow for both a sport and assisting with class. I was thinking of starting a taekwondo club in tenth grade, though, but I'm not sure yet.

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Front sm

basketballathletic1926

Branch: Lucian

No problem! :)

You would be amazing at assisting, and you should go for it, if I was in tenth grade and the same school as you I would totally join.

• Posted at:

~Cass~

#RemeberLily&Jane

#SupportTheLGBTQ+Community

#TooManyBooksNotEnoughBookmarks

A PROUD LUCIAN!

If you ask me how I am, there are three default answers; fine, good or eh.

Front sm

hydrahoneydew9

Branch: Ekaterina

My goodness, the other girls at your school are cliches..?

I wish you luck in making your TKD club, and that you find some good friends in that school.

• Posted at:

ocean 

your evil fandom reference queen

haunted by knee bruise goblins | nr's mb-sis

|probably playing miitopia| drowning in ships|

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

(thanks eris)

#Saveisaac2k19

#wafflesarefriends

#rememberhurricane

Front sm

snakedancing13

Branch: Janus

Well think of it this way: If you're the "obvious" outcast, then how many people are outcasts of their own thoughts? How many of those popular girls are dressing the same and texting the same and acting the same because they don't think they're good enough without that stuff?

How many people have those false friendships you loathe? How many of them have never had one let alone six people in their lives they could actually depend on? How many of them are only friends because that's what they need to not be looked at as weird?

How many of them are judging themselves for something no one else would notice? How many of them are hurting themselves emotionally more than those tiny bruises they react so dramatically to?

Maybe a lot of those girls didn't look at you and see a friend, but you should reach out to them anyway. Whether it just be a smile or an encouraging word, that's often times all it takes to establish the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

I'll tell you this much, making friends is hard. If it were up to me, friendship would be an alien concept that I don't have to participate in. But friends are necessary for survival, let alone sanity. While it may seem frightening and awkward to strike up the conversation that can possibly become more than a passing thing, it's something we all need to try.

Persist in the acquaintances you make, friends can be found in the strangest of places.

Now the next step for me is to take my own medicine and prove this project a success. *sighs* It stinks being a teenager.

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Recipient of Mickey's Respect

Krista the Key

Will you give all you can give

So that our banner may advance?

Some will fall and some will live

Will you stand up and take your chance?