Did you like it so far? (Please read chapter first)

Front sm

livelyfire22

Branch: Ekaterina

hello everyone! This is a book I've been working on for a while, I already have the first four chapters, but I'm not going to put them all down at once. 

Better to keep you waiting *winks*. 

Im going to write the first chapter in today, and the other chapters will come in about once a week, every Wednesday I think. 

So, here goes nothing, I hope you like it!  

Chapter one:  seeking 

8:41, good. No one else will be awake yet. No thing will be awake yet. 

Falisha stood up and climbed down from the tree. It was a very tall tree and it took her some time, but she got down alright. When she reached the base of the tree, she pulled on a long rope and a rug-sac came swinging down from above-she kept in up in the trees while she slept so no one could get inside and take the- no, don't think about that! She told herself. 

The problem was, it was almost impossible not to think about it. It was so hard, that she very often found something-by something I mean trouble-to get her mind off of thinking about it. 

Usually, she found simple situations to get immersed in so she didn't have to think about the problem. 

Problem! Ha! That's sure putting it lightly! She thought to herself. 

The problem was the finders. The finders were a group of people willing to do anything to get what their leader wanted. What did their leader want? Not control, like most evil persons. Not death, like other evil ones want. And not love, witch some evil ones truly want, but don't know it. 

No, this Evil One, as we shall now call her, didn't want any of that, she wanted a fruit. Just one, single, little, itty, bitty, fruit. A cherry. That was all. Just one cherry. But the trouble was, Only a small percentage of the people in the world could get these fruits. No one new why, and nor does anyone know today, but it's true. 

In the the old times, even before Falisha was made, there were guardians. They were a small group of people who were all gifted with the mark-the mark was what aloud them to pick the cherries-the guardians would stand by the cherry orchards and guard them with their lives. They would stand, day and night, to make sure no one ever touched the cherries. Of course, once in every persons life, they get the chance to pick a cherry, but few ever come up with an unscorched cherry. 

Because, you see, the few people who can pick the cherries have the mark. The mark, it is said, is on all of the few of the people who are "safes" as we shall now call them. When a safe is born or made, the mark is not yet visible, but when they come of age-fifteen to be exact-and they go to the cherry orchard to pick a cherry, if they are successful, the mark appears, just below the elbow, on the inside of the arm. 

As for the the "regulars"-the people who aren't marked-when they come of age and go for the cherry picking, they all come up with a scorched and melted cherry. That's how it worked.

the safes were the only ones who could pick the cherries, and there were very few of them. The regulars could not pick the cherries without making them into a sloppy mess. 

But the problem with this system was that safes were not usually just born, and if they were, then their parents had both been safes, and that was very rare. Usually, safes were made. No, not in a factory, but by the elves. 

The elves forged the safes from the scales of the mer-people. The safes were never the same, as no mermaid or merman is the same. The safes were only made when another one died. That's why there were almost none. 

The safes that were forged by the elves were almost nearly immortal. So, if one died, if was because they had been attacked with a wolfs claws or had eaten a cherry. Those were the only ways to kill the forged safes, and that very rarely happened, so they almost never made more safes. 

So that was the problem with the system, they made one, and only one to replace him or her. The balance never changed, but one day, only about a hundred years before our story is set, there was a great tragedy. 

All the safes food and drink was poisoned by someone, and they were whipped out completely.

Or so they thought. 

Falisha was a safe. No, she hadn't been forged by the elves. She had been born to a mother and a father who weren't safes. That was the odd part about it. It was impossible. That had never happened before, how could it had happened then? No one could answer. No one knew. 

She he had grown up knowing she was odd, and not just because of her appearance, witch was odd enough. She didn't look like the rest of the girls in her small village, she looked scary, or so thought all the small children in the small town, with black hair and very pale skin, she had red eyes that were always flickering between scared and kind. And, maybe most strange of her appearance of all, was her teeth. Just two of them. Fangs. She hated them, that's why she almost never smiled. She knew she was actually a pretty girl, but her eyes and her fangs made people think she was a witch. She wasn't. 

Perhaps one one of the most odd things about Falisha was her mark and her absolute kindness. She was always kind to people, even though they called her a witch behind her back and she knew it, but as for her mark, it had been there since she was born. It wasn't like the marks of all the other safes, it had always been there. It hadn't appeared when she picked the cherry to find it unscorched, it had been there all along. 

So now, as she pulled her rug-sac off the rope, she tried not to think about the cherries hidden in it. The cherries that she had picked and hidden as she burned the rest, the cherries that she now carried with her on her way to a safe haven. 

Falisha swung her sac over her shoulder and began walking. 

It it had been almost a month she had been traveling, trying to get to the haven before the Evil One found her and made her give up the cherries. 

The Evil One wanted the cherries, but Falisha didn't know why. 

What's so special about these cherries anyways? She asked herself. 

The special thing was that the cherries could either save your life, or destroy it, it all depended on witch path you choose to follow. 

Ok! So that's the first chapter you guys. I hope you like It! I didn't do tons of editing so there might be a few spelling mistakes, (blame the autocorrect). I'll write the next chapter soon. Please give me any advice on things I should change or fix. 

Thank you for reading this! 

-Sally-

Mods please let this through

Mods please let this through

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Sally

HAMMOCFLAVORED DRINK FAMILY

I have loved you all for years, and I will never stop.

My friends, my family, stay awesome.

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

*you know you're missed when

someone puts you in their sig*

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

Branch: Janus

This is absolutely lovely, Sally, great job so far!

~Vanessa~

• Posted at:

dawndancer15 aka ButterflyActress33

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

"Charming, 'andsome, and speaks French? Amy, keep him." - Marguerite Beaufort

Updates every Tuesday and Friday! 

Read the new and improved rewrite at: forums/topics/287662

Front sm

livelyfire22

Thank you! It's not really though. For some reason, this pieces writing style doesn't really seem like the rest of mine. I wonder what I did differently this time. I'll have to read it again. 

-Sally 

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

livelyfire22

I'm bumping this cause I'm bored

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

livelyfire22

Bump!

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

blackbutterfly1262

Branch: Lucian

SORRY, I PRESSED ITS AWFUL INSTEAD OF YEAH.

• Posted at:

ANNIE CAHILL

Proud SLYTHERIN

DANCER

SINGERATHLETE

GYMNAST

"The world is quiet here"

"Darling I'm a nightmare dressed as a daydream!"

ME = Teacher: "Why are you talking during my lesson?"

Student: "Why are you teaching during my conversation?"

Front sm

livelyfire22

@annie, its ok

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

bluehawk1454

OMG WHEN DO YOU POST CHAPTER 2??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ITS AMAZING!

• Posted at:

SARAH

'Don't change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.'

#1D4ever

#TakeTheStand

I'm a DIRECTIONER, ROADIE, and ARMY 

#RememberZoe

Front sm

livelyfire22

Aw, Sarah, thank you! I'll probably post it either later today or ea tomorrow morning. 

Thank you 

-Sally 

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

livelyfire22

Ahhh I hate autocorrect! Ea was supposed to be early. Sorry

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

bluehawk1454

OK and YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

SARAH

'Don't change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.'

#1D4ever

#TakeTheStand

#RememberZoe

Front sm

bluehawk1454

you still need to check out my RP, Sally.

• Posted at:

SARAH

#1D4ever

#TakeTheStand

#RememberZoe

Front sm

livelyfire22

What is it agai?

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

bluehawk1454

Heroes of Olympus RP. I just posted what characters we still have open.

• Posted at:

SARAH

#1D4ever

#TakeTheStand

#RememberZoe

Front sm

breezehawk40

This is a great story! I really like it! Thank you for sharing your writing with us! 

Keep it up c:

Love mimi

• Posted at:

He wears his heart

safety pinned to his backpack

His backpack is all that he knows

Shot down by strangers

whose glances can cripple

the heart and devour the soul

Emerald<3

Front sm

teamzombie12

sally this was so great! I can't wait until chapter 2!! Your a great writer don't stop :)

-zoe-

buford- *nods head up and down 'great story'

• Posted at:

zoe♥

Queen of oreos

#raptorsquadisbest

dont play games with a girl who can play better

Perfectly imperfect ❤

My sistas: Mary, sarah, rylee

when you have crazy friends you have crazy times

I'll never forget all u awesome people!

Front sm

livelyfire22

Aw, thanks you guys! 

Who the fruit loops is bruford?

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

livelyfire22

Hey again! It's time for chapter twoooo! Im not going to be on much for the next three days owing to the need to paint and work on our new house, so please reply and I'll get back to you in a few days. 

Chapter two: hunting 

Peter walked through the hut. Well, more liked paced, it was extremely small. 

Ah, what one doesn't realize they have until its gone. He thought to himself. 

He had been a prince, with everything one could want; horses, servants, a castle, bed chambers that could fit ten of these huts inside, and, best of all, a library, with thousands of books. 

He used to love spending his days in the library, surrounded by books of all shapes and sizes; books about knights, and books about peasants. Books about good and books about evil. Books about anything, anyone could dream of, but now all of that was gone. 

Yes, it was true, his father was the king, but a prince he was not, for his father had disowned him last year. 

The reason for this? He was not marked. He did not have the burning red scar below his elbow, he did not have the power to pick the cherries, and for that, his father had disowned him. 

He had never known why the mark was such a privilege. What's the point of being able to pick some stupid cherries? He had always thought. 

He didn't know until he met Falicia.  

As he paced back and forth in the little hut, he thought about what he had lost and what, if anything, he had gained. 

I lost my home and my family. I gained a small hut in a small village in a different kingdom. I lost all the books that I've known since I was a child. 

Well, actually, no. He thought, no, I didn't lose all the books. I still have one. 

He walked over to the small pile of hay that now served as his bed and reached underneath it. He drew out a small, silk bound book, no bigger than a horses hoof. This was the one book he had been allowed to bring with him. 

Never Fear the Dead. That was the name of the book. It was a book filled with horrible curses and spells. The king hadn't liked that book anyway, so he let Peter bring it with him into exile. 

The king had wanted a son, and a son he got. He had wanted a son who, when of age, could pick a cherry and surface with it unburned. That, he did not get. 

When it had been Peters turn to pick a cherry on his fifteenth birthday, he had returned with a burned and scorched cherry laying flat in his palm. That had not made the king happy. In fact, it made him absolutely furious.

If some pour old woman in the next kingdom over could have a child who was marked, how could the king possibly not? 

One night after his cherry picking, Peter was exiled to the next kingdom over. 

This was a kingdom that was empty and disheveled.

The one that had never seen a proper king. The one that Peter now called his home. 

He paced back and forth for about five more minutes before he heard it. 

The screaming. 

He raced outside just in time to see a small girl fall to the ground. Shot.

He ran over and pulled at the arrow, now firmly logged in her shoulder. It wouldn't budge. He pulled again and it came free. He picked the girl up and ran through the crowd of onlookers now gathered all around them. 

He reached his hut and quickly set the girl down on the bed. She was talking now that the shock had slightly worn off. 

"My..bag. Get...my bag. The cherries..." she said, just before she fainted. 

Cherries? What? She said cherries! He ran back outside and grabbed her bag from the ground beside where she had fallen. 

He went back inside and poured water over the girls wound. She slowly began to regain consciousness as he rapped her arm with a cloth. 

"Welcome back" he said. 

"Where's my bag!" She asked frantically. 

"It's here, it's here. Calm down. Why did you get shot? Who did it? How are you feeling?" He replied. 

"Wow, too many questions. All you need to know is that I have to get out of here as fast as I can. Where am I?" She said, standing up.

"hey, sit down, you just got shot. The arrow went really deep. You need to rest." He said, pointing to her shoulder. 

"I'm fine" she said back to him "I...heal fast." 

She he pulled off the cloth to reveal an unshot shoulder with not a scratch on it. 

"What? How? You were bleeding a pint a minute a second ago. What happened?" He asked, dumbfounded. 

"Don't worry yourself. I'm fine. Now, how do I get out of here?" she said again. 

"First, tell me who you are and why you got shot. Oh, and what was it you said? Oh yes! cherries." He smirked, sure he had her now. And he did. 

"Fine" she huffed, and blew a stray hair out of her face. "My names Falica, I got shot cause I'm being hunted, and I'm the only one left. Does that answer all your questions?" 

"Um, no. Last one of what?" He demanded. 

"I don't have to tell you that..." she replied. 

"Fine, don't. I'll still help you get out of here. Where is it you're headed?" He asked her. 

"I can't tell you that either. Which ways east?" She said. 

"That way" he said, pointing to the left. "How did you heal so fast?" 

"Oh, that question. Yeah, well, um, you see...its complicated. Thank you for all your help" she said, grabbing her bag and swinging it over her shoulder. "It's much appreciated, mr....um, I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." 

"That's cause I didn't give it" Peter replied. 

"Hmph" she grunted, and walked out of the hut. 

Peter stood for a moment. What the walrus just happened? He asked himself. 

He made a sudden change of plans, and picked up his dagger. He ran outside and caught up to Falica near the edge of the woods. 

"I'm coming with you" he said. 

"Oh no you're not!" She yelled at him. 

"Watch me!" He said calmly, and walked into the forest. 

Ok, so that was chapter twooooo! Yeee! I hope you liked it. I was a little nervous about introducing the next character, but I decided to make it fun. I had a bit of a hard time writing this one and I hope it turned out ok. 

Again: blame the autocorrect for any typos. 

-Sally 

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

bluehawk1454

ITS AMAZING! AN IM THE FIRST TO READ IT?!

COOL!

• Posted at:

SARAH

#1D4ever

#TakeTheStand

#RememberZoe

Front sm

bluehawk1454

Zoe's battle yak! 

• Posted at:

SARAH

#1D4ever

#TakeTheStand

#RememberZoe

Front sm

livelyfire22

Again with the yak, I've nothing to say to this except: o_o. 

And thanks sarah. 

Stau awesome guys 

-Sally 

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

bluehawk1454

*is dying from suspense*

When's chapter threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Posted at:

SARAH

#1D4ever

#TakeTheStand

#RememberZoe

Front sm

livelyfire22

Oh my god! I'm so so so so sorry! I completely lost the internet for a week and my data plan doesn't work in Australia! I am so sorry! I will post the next chapter asap! sorry!

-Sally 

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

teamzombie12

sally that was so good!

*sits and waits for chapter 3*

I need to read this next chapter!!!!!

-zoe- :)

• Posted at:

zoe♥

Queen of oreos

#raptorsquadisbest

Perfectly imperfect ❤

Front sm

bluehawk1454

*sits with Zoe*

• Posted at:

SARAH

#1D4ever

#TakeTheStand

#RememberZoe

Front sm

teamzombie12

*hands Sarah Oreo* wish this post thing would fix...I'm ready for the next chapter :)

• Posted at:

zoe♥

Queen of oreos

#raptorsquadisbest

Perfectly imperfect ❤

Front sm

bluehawk1454

Ikr. :) *eats oreo slowly* xd.

• Posted at:

SARAH

#1D4ever

#TakeTheStand

#RememberZoe

Front sm

livelyfire22

*screams* it won't go through! Why?! I hate this thing! I'm sorry guys, but it won't work. The mods won't let it through! 

Mods please let this post

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

teamzombie12

Its okay, its not your fault (sorry mods but WHYYYYYYYYYYY )

• Posted at:

zoe♥

Queen of oreos

#raptorsquadisbest

Perfectly imperfect ❤