Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

I'm getting a head start on my essays for school and this was one of them, so I figured: Why not post it here?

Chapter 1

Mikayla Hawkins

Everything changed when the Man in Black arrived.

It was totally out of the ordinary too. They lived in the most quiet, peaceful – some could even say it was perfect – town, Airedale, Indiana. Nothing ever happened there.

That is…until he arrived.

It had been a normal day for Mikayla.

She had gone to school with her best friend, Levi Grayson – who was tall, with brown hair and piercing blue eyes that were kind of obscured by round glasses, and he was pretty much the smartest thirteen-year-old she knew (as he always had his nose in a book) – and gotten home to see a car in the driveway a home that had been empty since she moved in eight years ago.

“Levi,” she pointed towards the house. “Why is there a car there?”

He looked up from his book (Masterminds by Gordon Korman) and stared, puzzled at the house, “I’m not sure.”

Mikayla shivered, partly because it was November, and getting cold, and partly because she didn’t like the idea of someone’s car parked in the driveway of a house that had been empty for eight years.

“Come on, let’s get inside,” Levi led her into her house.

“You’ve been living in Airedale longer than I have,” Mikayla said, tapping her pencil against her paper. “You know more about that house than I do.”

She was seated on her bed trying to sketch, although she couldn’t really concentrate. All she could think about was the house across the street.

Levi looked up from his place at her desk, “Well, I know that what kids say at school that it’s haunted is a total lie. The family that lived there was pretty much the most squeaky clean family I’ve ever met in my life. The dad was the leader for a scout troop, the mom was a kindergarten teacher, the twin girls were girl scouts whom we would buy cookies from every year, and the boy played little league baseball. They moved out because they weren’t paying their rent and I guess nobody ever moved in.”

“Until now,” Mikayla finished.

“Mikayla, for all we know, it’s a neighbors car. Maybe it’s those teenage boys who toilet paper random houses and they’re just trying to mess with you.”

Mikayla shrugged and went back to attempting to draw something nice, but ended up drawing the house with the car parked in it, “Maybe.”

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Something to believe in for even a night

Front sm

basketballathletic1926

Branch: Lucian

This is really good!

• Posted at:

~Cass~

#RemeberLily&Jane

#SupportTheLGBTQ+Community

#TooManyBooksNotEnoughBookmarks

A PROUD LUCIAN!

If you ask me how I am, there are three default answers; fine, good or eh.

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Ooooh, this is really interesting! I really like your style, too, something about it.

• Posted at:

"Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still."

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

agentclue77

Sarah-

Thanks!

CW18-

Thank you! To get into the suspense vibe, I was literally listening to the STRANGER THINGS theme song on repeat, lol

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

I know, you're probably thinking: This chapter is so short! What the heck? It's because I wanted to introduce the Man in Black, without giving too much away on who he is.

Chapter 2

Man in Black

Those kids better not be onto me, the Man in Black thought.

He figured this assignment would only take a week tops. That is, until these kids noticed.

Why did I leave my car outside? He knew why, of course. The garage door was broken. He was in the middle of fixing it when he spotted the girl pointing to the car and telling the boy something.

Whatever happened, he would have to complete this assignment. He might even have to take the kids out too.

It wouldn’t be too hard, he thought with a smirk.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

gopherworking9

like my posts!

• Posted at:

hey like the post Gavin is the name

Front sm

agentclue77

Gavin-

You're new, so you probably don't know. We're not allowed to ask people to like our posts, it's called Star Farming and it's against the rules. I don't want you to get in trouble, so I suggest you stop doing it.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Chapter 3

Levi Grayson

“Look,” Levi motioned his book (A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle) towards the house his best friend was freaked out over yesterday, “The car isn’t there anymore, Mikayla.”

She looked over and shrugged, “Maybe now they were smart enough to park it in the garage.”

Levi didn’t like seeing Mikayla so freaked out yesterday. She was normally in her own little art world, which was one of the things he liked about her. That she could find beauty even in the weirdest of places – like the time she spent ten minutes staring at a snail inching up the side of his house and drew it to make it look incredible.

She was also beautiful herself; she had long, brown hair with natural caramel highlights, tanned skin, and big, brown eyes. Of course, he’d never say it to her face, but he’d had a small crush on her for a few years now.

“Look Mikayla, I’m telling you, there’s nothing to worry about. It was probably those guys next door,” Levi tried to reason.

“But what if it isn’t?” She asked. “What if someone really is living there? What if they’re dangerous?”

That was Mikayla, always asking the questions Levi couldn’t give her the answers to.

“It’s probably not,” He told her. “Don’t worry.”

But one question of hers stayed in the back of his mind:

What if they’re dangerous?

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Awww, Levi. Great so far!

• Posted at:

"Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still."

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

hydrahoneydew9

oh f l i p 

DON'T TRUST IT LEVI

L E V I 

TAKE MY WORD

• Posted at:

ocean 

your evil fandom reference queen

haunted by knee bruise goblins | nr's mb-sis

|probably playing miitopia| drowning in ships|

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

(thanks eris)

#Saveisaac2k19

#wafflesarefriends

#rememberhurricane

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

Ooh this is Good! Keep it up!

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2

(30) Nickname: Rad - 8818

i might not be on very much, I am not working on a book titled Nina Down Under

Front sm

snakedancing13

Branch: Janus

This is amazing! I can't wait to read more.

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Recipient of Mickey's Respect

Krista the Key

Will you give all you can give

So that our banner may advance?

Some will fall and some will live

Will you stand up and take your chance?

Front sm

agentclue77

CW18-

Thank you!

Ocean-

Lol

Rad & Krista-

Thanks!

Chapter 4

Mikayla Hawkins

There! She thought. Someone moved!

Mikayla lowered her binoculars, picked up her phone, and called Levi.

“Hello?” She could hear Levi’s sleepy voice answer.

“Hi.”

“Mikayla, is there any reason that you called me at 3 a.m.?” He asked.

“Get over here,” She said. “But be careful.”

“Mikayla,” Levi started to protest. “It’s 3 in the morning.”

“Just, please get over here…please?”

He sighed, “Fine.”

Mikayla knew that Levi didn’t need to worry about his mom waking up and getting angry at him for going to her house in the middle of the night. His dad died before Mikayla even became his neighbor, and his mom worked so hard that she was out by 8:00. Even if she wasn’t, she wouldn’t mind it. She treated Mikayla like she was her own daughter, and was thrilled that Levi had a friend like her – even if she was the only friend he had.

As soon as Mikayla saw Levi park his bike on the curb, she rushed downstairs to open the door. She held her breath, praying that whoever was inside that house didn’t decide to come stalking outside at 3 a.m.

A sleepy Levi stood there, “What?”

Mikayla pulled him inside at up to her room. She handed him the binoculars and motioned for him to look out the window towards the house, “Look.”

He rolled his eyes, “Mikayla, don’t tell me you were spying on that house. I’m telling you: It’s nothing.”

“C’mon, Levi. I saw someone move in there, I swear!”

He rolled his eyes again – something he normally does when he’s tired – and put the binoculars up to his eyes. Then, he lowered them, and said, “I don’t see anything.”

She swore she saw a glimpse of someone moving. Was she hallucinating because of how tired she was?

She sighed, “You’re probably right and it is nothing. I’m probably just really tired.”

Levi put a hand on her shoulder, “You just need some rest, okay?” He started for the door.

Before he could leave, Mikayla said, “Levi?”

He turned around, “Yeah?”

“I uh, I don’t want to be alone. There’s a sleeping bag in the closet, could you, um, stay here?” She asked.

Levi nodded slightly, “Sure.” He walked to the closet to grab the sleeping bag, and set out on the floor. “Mikayla?” He whispered after she turned off the light and settled into bed.

Mikayla sat up, “Yeah?”

“Just so you know, I do believe you. I’m just terrified of what it might be.”

“Me too, Levi.” Mikayla laid back down, “Me too.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Oh my gosh I love how she's literally spying with binoculars at three in the morning lol

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

basketballathletic1926

Oh my! Keep it up! By the way; I love the name Mikayla Hawkins. It really got my attention. I probably spelt it wrong didn't I?

• Posted at:

~Cass~

#RemeberLily&Jane

A PROUD LUCIAN!

Front sm

agentclue77

CW18-

Lol, ikr?

Sarah-

Thank you! I was sitting for like, half an hour thinking: What's a good name for our main protagonist, that isn't too generic, but also isn't crazy weird like 99.9% of YA names?

Chapter 5

Man in Black

The Man in Black pressed dial on the phone. He didn’t dare use his cell phone. The people who used to live in this house still had a landline. So, he called from there.

“Airedale Middle School, this Nancy Thompson, who do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?”

“I’m a family member of Mikayla Hawkins, any chance she goes to this school?”

He could hear Nancy hesitate on the other end, “Uh, I’m sorry, but I can’t give you information on our students.”

Well, that little hesitation gave me the answer I needed.

“Oh, I’m sorry for the inconvenience,” he said. “Have a nice day.” The man hung up and smirked.

Now, how do I get into the school?

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Haha, looks like things are heating up. Loving the story so far, I'm EV. 

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

agentclue77

EV-

Nice to meet you! *sticks hand out for EV to shake*

Chapter 6

Levi Grayson

“Mikayla, time to get up for school,” Mrs. Hawkins’ voice called and Levi heard the door open. “Oh, hello Levi,” Mrs. Hawkins’ greeted him with a hint of surprise in her voice. “Mikayla didn’t tell me you were spending the night,” She shot a pointed look at Mikayla, who was rubbing her eyes sleepily.

Levi could feel himself blush slightly as he put his glasses on.

“Sorry mom,” Mikayla said. “He came by in the middle of the night because he had a really bad dream and didn’t want to wake his mom up.”

Levi turned to stare at her. He didn’t realize she was such a good liar. He himself was a terrible liar – like when he and Mikayla were five and she was trying to get some of his mom’s fresh baked cookies. Mikayla assigned him to be the look out and when they were caught he tried to say that Mikayla was just trying to feed the fish. They didn’t even have a fish.

Her mom looked from Mikayla to Levi, “Well, okay then, don’t be late for school.”

Mikayla got up and walked to her closet, she pulled out a gift bag and handed it to Levi.

Levi raised an eyebrow, “What is this?”

“This was going to be one of the gifts I was going to give to you on your birthday in three months, but I figure since you have no other clothes here,” Mikayla explained.

Levi looked in the bag. A pair of jeans, a t-shirt, a sweater, socks, and a pair of new shoes was in there.

He stared in disbelief at the bag, “You didn’t have to do this.”

Mikayla looked at her feet, “I know. I just figured your mom could use the extra help. This isn’t even your entire gift; the rest is in a box in the closet.”

Levi knew he wasn't the richest thirteen-year-old ever. In fact, his mom had been struggling with her job lately and was struggling to get him new clothes (his shoes were even beginning to get tattered), but Levi never pushed it. He knew his mom would get him something when she had enough for it.

But the fact that Mikayla actually cared enough to buy him this whole new outfit – with new shoes, no less – it made him like her even more than he already did.

He reached out and hugged her. Mikayla had given him countless hugs over the years, but he couldn’t remember if he’d ever initiated a hug before.

“Thank you,” he said.

“You don’t have to thank me,” Mikayla insisted. “Now, go into the bathroom and try them on, I want to see how the outfit looks on you.”

Levi went into the bathroom and took off his striped pajamas that he had been wearing the night before. He took out the jeans first, and then the t-shirt, the socks, and then he laced up his shoes.

When he stepped out, Mikayla grinned, which only made him blush. “What do you think?”

“It’s perfect,” Mikayla said, still grinning.

Levi started to smile when Mrs. Hawkins called, “Mikayla! Levi! Breakfast!”

The two of them started down and Mrs. Hawkins set a plate of waffles down in front of them.

After Mikayla’s parents got settled at the table, her dad said, “Oh, you gave him his present early.”

Mikayla nodded, “Yeah, I thought, why wait another three months to give it to him? Plus, I can give him the other thing for his birthday.”

As Levi and Mikayla settled into fourth-period history, he could see that Mrs. Remora wasn’t the person seated at the desk. Instead, it was a man that looked vaguely familiar, but Levi couldn’t place it.

“Hello students,” the man began. “I am Mr. Kowalski, I will be Mrs. Remora’s substitute teacher until she gets better.”

Summer Gillespie, head cheerleader, raised her hand, “What’s wrong with her?”

“Oh, she had a little accident.” The way he said accident, like it was a curse rather than potentially spraining her ankle. “Okay, class. Pop quiz.” He handed everyone a paper.

Levi did the quiz, as always, but there was a weird feeling he just couldn’t shake.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Au contraire, the pleasure is all mine. Yikies, poor Mrs. Remora.

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

basketballathletic1926

By the way, I love whenever Levi reads a book, you add what book he's reading. Thanks for the suggestions! Also, Levi and Mikayla make such a cute couple. Question: Since you have Mikayla Hawkins written on top of the paragraph each time, will there be like seperate points of view, sorta like HoO.

• Posted at:

~Cass~

#RemeberLily&Jane

A PROUD LUCIAN!

Front sm

agentclue77

EV-

Yeah...

Sarah-

No problem! Success! A shipper! Yes, they alternate between Mikayla, the Man in Black, and Levi

Chapter 7

Man in Black

The man graded the pop quizzes.

That was one of the downgrades of pretending to be a substitute teacher for a teacher that was in the hospital in critical condition (by him, if you didn’t already figure that out). He had to grade papers.

Then, he came across a paper that made his heart stop. At the top of the page, the name that was scrawled there was Levi Grayson. It had been ten years since he was assigned to kill Lucas Grayson.

He thought there was something familiar about the kid, but he couldn’t place it. But now, he realized that this was the little boy he’d seen run away to his mother on that night.

Well, he thought. I guess I’ll just have to kill him too, not just the girl.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Levi noooo

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

basketballathletic1926

Wait, they're ten years old? When did they're dad die?

• Posted at:

~Cass~

#RemeberLily&Jane

A PROUD LUCIAN!

Front sm

basketballathletic1926

@EV

I know right!

• Posted at:

~Cass~

#RemeberLily&Jane

A PROUD LUCIAN!

Front sm

agentclue77

EV-

*laughs maniacally* *stops laughing* It's fine...

Sarah-

Levi and Mikayla are thirteen, his dad died when he was three, so...

Chapter 8

Mikayla Hawkins

"There's something weird about Mr. Kowalski," Levi told Mikayla as they were walking home from school.

She looked at him, "Yeah, I thought so too. Maybe it was the way he said accident."

"Maybe. Did you see the way he kept looking at me during class?" Levi asked. "He looked at me like he knew me from somewhere but couldn't place it. I don't even think I've seen him at the grocery store."

Mikayla nodded, "I noticed that too."

Levi shrugged, "Maybe I look like a family member or something."

"Maybe." But Mikayla knew there had to be more than that. Maybe...no, it couldn't be. But she suggested it to Levi anyway, "Maybe it's whoever moved into the Wheeler's."

Levi stared at her, “If whoever moved into an abandoned house is now our substitute teacher and is acting strange, then we have bigger problems on our hands than the history project he assigned us.”

“I don’t know about you, but if my parents find out I’ve been spying on the house across the street at all hours of the night, I’ll be so dead,” Mikayla said.

“I mean, I can just use the excuse that I was reading a really interesting book. The one I’m reading right now is about a kid who’s a lot like me and he finds this explorers society, and…”

Mikayla already knew the one he was talking about, one called The Explorers: the Door in the Alley by someone named Adrienne Kress, or something. He had brought it with him the night before and would wake up to him reading it every so often. The red cover was very pleasing to her, and as an artist, she loved the fact that there were little pictures scattered throughout the book.

“Levi,” Mikayla hated to interrupt her best friend when he was talking about a book he liked, but right now, they had more important things to talk about. “I would love to hear your description on this book, later. Right now, we have to come up with a plan to figure out who’s living there, and if he has anything to do with our new substitute.”

Levi stopped talking about his book and turned to look at her, “You’re right. But the only way to find out would be to break into his house, because I don’t think you’re making very much progress with spying through your window at three a.m.”

“That could work.”

Levi raised an eyebrow at her, “That depends, do you mind breaking, I don’t know, maybe three laws?”

“If it gives us answers, it’ll have to do. At least it isn’t four, right?”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Chapter 9

Levi Grayson

Why must Mikayla be so determined? Levi thought.

He liked when she was determined for other things like school, but when it came to something like this, her being so determined was a bad thing.

Levi looked around nervously, “Do we really have to do this tonight?”

Mikayla nodded, “Yes. I’ve been planning this for a week.”

“Let’s just hope we don’t get caught. I don’t know about you, but I don’t exactly feel like spending the night in prison, waiting for our parents to come and just ground us for life,” He muttered.

She touched his arm, “We’re not going to get caught, Levi.”

Maybe not, he thought. But what if we don’t make it out alive?

“Okay,” Mikayla whispered. “You see that window?”

Levi nodded.

“It’s slightly open, if I can just get up there, we can get in.”

He stared at her, “But how are you-”

He never even finished the sentence before she grabbed hold of the ivy growing along the side of the house, and started to climb. He watched her, thoroughly impressed by how she managed to do that. Then, he realized in horror that he would have to do the same.

Mikayla leaned over the window sill and motioned for him to start climbing.

Levi took a deep breath, “Let’s do this.”

He gripped the ivy and put his feet in gaps in between the plant. He made it up okay until he got to the top and struggled to get in through the window and Mikayla had to pull him in. She tugged on his arms and he flew inside, tumbling over Mikayla and ended up with a mouthful of her hair. It smelled nice but it did not taste nice.

Mikayla quickly got up. “Sorry,” she whispered.

Levi dusted himself off, “It’s okay.” He turned on his flashlight and scanned the room. It appeared to be an office with a foldable desk (yes, those exist) in the corner – a computer resting on its surface. There were boxes with files in them all around the room.

Mikayla looked in a box and Levi could hear her breathe in sharply. “Levi, you need to see this,” she said in a shaky whisper.

Levi walked over and suddenly realized why she breathed in sharply. There was a name at the top of that page. Lucas Grayson. The file was about his father. His father. He barely remembered his father, but looking at this file in Mikayla’s hands triggered the memories that were buried away in the back of his mind.

A three-year-old Levi is riding on top of his father’s shoulders, his mom, Rachel Grayson, is walking next to them, smiling when suddenly, a strange man in all black approaches them.

Lucas puts Levi down, “Go with your mother.”

Levi runs to his mother, his mother picking him up and turning him away from the scene. He hears gunshots and starts crying. Rachel gives a sharp wheeze and then Levi sees the body on the floor, blood pouring out of his chest.

He runs to his father and Lucas puts a hand on the side of Levi’s face, and says, “I love…” he never gets to finish the sentence because then, his roll back into his head.

“No!” Levi shouted as he sank to the floor of the room, hyperventilating, on the verge of tears.

Mikayla stood over him, genuinely concerned, “Levi? Are you okay? Levi?”

He suddenly realized why Mr. Kowalski seemed so familiar. He was the man who killed his father.

“I-I…h-he,” Levi broke into sobs again.

What is going on in here!?” A voice shouted.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Well, we're almost done! We have one more chapter and an epilogue. I know what you're thinking: Wait what!? But we're barely on chapter 10! Yeah, but remember, this is an essay for school, so...

Chapter 10

Man in Black

The man walked into Levi Grayson sobbing on the floor and his little girlfriend, Mikayla Hawkins kneeling over him…with a file of his in her hand.

“Hey!” He shouted. “Give me that!”

The two of them stood up quickly and the girl stared defiantly at him, “Who are you?”

The man chuckled, “Didn’t you figure that out from the file?” He rolled his eyes, “Honestly, for kids with such good grades you’re incredibly stupid.”

“You’re not going to get away with this,” The boy managed.

“Oh really?” He pulled out a pistol and aimed it at the two of them. He wasn’t going to kill them yet – even though that would be a lot easier. He was going to make them suffer, and then kill them. He aimed it at the boy’s arm, and fired.

“Levi!!” The girl stood over him as he squirmed. “Levi talk to me! Are you okay? Oh, who am I kidding? You just got shot; of course you’re not okay!”

The man could hear him grimace, “I’m fine.”

“You might be, now.” He aimed at the girl’s leg and fired.

She fell forward and screamed.

Now, he thought. Onto the good stuff.

That’s when he heard the sirens.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

basketballathletic1926

Oh my........... This was absolutely amazing!!! Noooooooooooooooo, it can't be over so soon! You're sure to get a good mark with this story.

• Posted at:

~Cass~

#RemeberLily&Jane

A PROUD LUCIAN!

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Excited for the end!!

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

cloudart142

It's reaalllly gooooooood so far. I can't wait for the end!

• Posted at:

Helloooooooooooo!

I’m a

Dreamer

Book- lover

Soccer Player

Artist 

And Music Listener 

Nice to Meet You,

Front sm

agentclue77

Sarah-

Thank you!!

EV-

I can't wait for you to read the end!

CA142-

Thanks!

Chapter 11

Mikayla Hawkins

The police man closed the handcuffs around Mr. Kowalski-er, the Man in Black’s wrists.

“So why’d you do it?” The police asked.

Mikayla could hear him go into this pathetic excuse as to how he had a terrible childhood.

“Whatever. That may be how it works in cliché YA novels, but that ain’t real life, buddy.” The police said.

“Are you kids okay?” Mikayla’s parents and Levi’s mom asked.

The kids were on the stretcher, about to be wheeled into the ambulance.

Mikayla managed a weak nod, “Yeah.”

“Don’t ever sneak out again!” Mikayla’s mother shrilled.

“But Mrs. Hawkins,” Levi began. “If we hadn’t, this guy could still be out there, murdering more people.”

“Good point,” Mikayla’s father nodded. “But still.” He looked at Mikayla and hugged her.

This wasn’t exactly how Mikayla’s plan was supposed to end, but at least they were still alive. She glanced at Levi and he stared at her. They smiled at each other.

They made it out alive.

That’s what mattered.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

Good story! Really satisfying ending with them coming out alive.

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2

(30) Nickname: Rad - 8818

i might not be on very much, I am not working on a book titled Nina Down Under

Front sm

basketballathletic1926

Like Rad said, the end is super satisfying. But just one thing, do Levi and Mikayla stay best-friends? or become something more?

• Posted at:

~Cass~

#RemeberLily&Jane

A PROUD LUCIAN!

Front sm

agentclue77

Rad-

Thanks!

Epilogue time guys! This was such a fun story to write.

Epilogue

Levi Grayson

2 ½ Months Later

“Here’s the rest of your gift,” Mikayla handed Levi a wrapped box.

He opened it to find a collection of all thirteen books in Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events. With custom-made dust jackets, to make the VFD symbol when they were all put together.

“Did you paint these?” He asked in awe.

She nodded, “I know they’re your favorite, and you didn’t have any of them, so…”

“Thank you.” And he really meant it. Between the clothes she gave him, and his favorite series, he realized how great of a friend Mikayla really was. She might even be more than a friend…to him, at least.

“A-also…” Levi could see Mikayla blushing furiously, as she leaned in, and gave him a small peck on his lips.

He hoped she couldn’t feel how hot his face got when he flushed in embarrassment.

She drew away and smiled.

He was embarrassed, sure. But also just as excited. She kissed me. It might’ve only been a light peck, but hey, it was a start.

They may have nearly died two and a half months ago. But now, they were alive and well. And happy.

That’s what mattered now.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Sarah-

You're post hadn't come in when I posted, so um, yeah...but the epilogue pretty much answers your question

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

basketballathletic1926

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They ended up a happy, but awkward couple! :) *hugs Lucy* Thanks for the amazing story....time to go back to Netflix.

• Posted at:

~Cass~

#RemeberLily&Jane

A PROUD LUCIAN!

Front sm

agentclue77

Sarah-

Yeah, I felt that they would've been pretty awkward during a kiss considering the fact that they were 13 (well, Levi was 14 now).

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

cheerywriter18

What a nice ending! 

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

agentclue77

EV-

Thanks!

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder