Front sm

cheerywriter18

Branch: Ekaterina

Monday, October 23 

Community Corner

Weather Rains on Seasonal Bake Sale's Parade

By Rolland Cross

This Sunday Violet Hill High hosted their autumn bake sale. The day started in high spirits with scrumptious treats and hot chocolate provided by the school's culinary club. Yours truly bought a thick slice of banana bread and it was delicious.

Things took a turn for the grim, however, when a surprise storm rolled in, drowning parking lots, pastries, and Priuses in a small flood. It has been estimated that an entire thirty dollars' worth of baked goods were lost. The school is considering canceling the scheduled winter bake sale in fear of similar losses being incurred by potential bushwhack blizzards.

I myself would like to encourage the school to not cancel the upcoming bake sale, as it would deprive me of its delicious signature gingerbread cookies, which junior Jasmine Larson refuses to provide me the recipe for. 

In other storm related news, at least two injuries have been attributed to old men falling out of bed. The mayor would again like to advise anyone who knows elderly men to check in on them after such rain.

Local Farmer Dispels Myth of Cow Tipping

By Ericka Belmonte

This Sunday I slogged through the sudden spell of rain, risking life and limb for my "duty to deliver the news to the common folk". Farmer Geoff Horton, 46, called me to do an interview about the two anonymous middle schoolers who snuck into his pasture last Tuesday and were injured attempting to film themselves tipping a cow. As the duo discovered, cows do not in fact sleep standing up. They are, however, herd animals, who did not take kindly to the two unfamiliar idiots in their enclosure in the middle of the night. As previously reported, the two are in recovery.

When I interviewed Mr. Horton, he had only this to say: "I want the preteens and psychos to quit trolling my property!"

When I asked him to elaborate on the "psycho" comment, he grunted and grumbled about two of his cows having been mysteriously killed the previous night...

Classifieds

- Three mountain cat kittens of indeterminable species found. $16 per cat. To adopt, please come to the parking lot of the Arby's on fourth at exactly 2:43 in the morning. 

- Help wanted at local bookstore, Dog-Eared Depot. Please call the provided number for more information. 

Do You Suffer From Any of These Symptoms?

- Nausea?

- Headaches?

- Unexplained Scratches?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you may be suffering from a rare, unnamed genetic condition. For treatment, visit the Mystical Maddox, just outside the city limits. You'll know when you've found him...

It's been ten thousand years... But I'm back. And with an all new story, in the format of a newspaper! So if you liked this first edition of The Violet Hill Chronicle, please let me know you're reading and why! And if you see room for improvement, please let me know what you're thinking!

EV

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

"Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still."

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

gopherworking9

Branch: Lucian

Cool its must have your ID

• Posted at:

hey like the post Gavin is the name

Front sm

creativescarlet16

This is a great newspaper. At first, I clicked on it because it said "Violet," "Hill," "Chronicles," and "Newspaper" in the title.

.....wait, that sounds random. I'll elaborate. Your title contains some of my favorite words, but I clicked on it and was sort of expecting another badly-written, washed-down fanfic/story. Instead, you came up with an idea that is a good blend of hilarity, the unexpected, and realism.

"I myself would like to encourage the school to not cancel the upcoming bake sale, as it would deprive me of its delicious signature gingerbread cookies, which junior Jasmine Larson refuses to provide me the recipe for."

"As the duo discovered, cows do not in fact sleep standing up. They are, however, herd animals, who did not take kindly to the two unfamiliar idiots in their enclosure in the middle of the night."

Also, may I have a mountain cat? I'll give you 54 gavins.

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Front sm

cheerywriter18

@GW9: Hey! Thanks for reading :)

@CS16: Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll try a snag you a cat on the house.

• Posted at:

"Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still."

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Tuesday, October 24

Letters to the Editor

- As I read last week's publication, I found that Ms. Belmonte's name was typed in smaller font when she was credited with her article than your own, Mr. Cross. May I ask why?  Is it because you are biased as an editor?

ANONYMOUS

Well, I can assure you this is most definitely not the case. The reason Ericka's name was smaller was because she would not stop gloating that she is three months older than I, and, as we all know, I therefore had to respond to the challenge. I would have cut her name entirely, but that would have been against my journalistic integrity. This week, you'll find the situation has been rectified because she bought me frozen yogurt last night. And for your information, even though you didn't sign you note, I know it was you, Mrs. Hawkins, and I would like to ask you to stop blocking my driveway with your monster of a van.

Signed, Rolland Cross, Editor

Community Corner

Violet Hill Vipers Rattled by Defeat

By Ericka Belmonte

Last night, Rolland dragged me to see our very own Violet Hill Vipers boys high school volleyball match against their old county rival, the Wartonburgh Whack-a-Moles. I'm happy to report that at the very least, the cotton candy machine is finally working again. 

Despite having the home court advantage, the Vipers lost 13-0. 

While the boys on the team were understandably upset, some of the adults were furious. Cindy McDonald, mother of Scotty McDonald, who is number 6 on the Vipers, attacked the refferee. It looks like no charges will be pressed, however, as Cindy donates heavily to the school's PTA organization and plans many of the fundraisers herself.

Scotty McDonald seems to be enjoying the small burst of fame and notoriety borne of this incident. 

I'm just glad the girls' soccer match has been canceled. Apparently, the field flooded Sunday and has yet to fully drain.

Classifieds

- The neighborhood watch is looking for more volunteers! Call the provided number for more information, or look for William Sherry, y'know, the guy with the glasses. Yeah. That one.

- Dog missing. 6 years old, medium sized. Yellow with perky ears. Responds to "Vanilla". Somehow disappeared from a fenced yard. If found, please return to the listed address. 

- Two mountain cat kittens still for sale. If wanted, please go into your bathroom with $16 and chant the phrase "Feline, be mine" until cat appears.

Grand Opening! Come on down to Barney's Burgers and Billiards and get you first burger free!

*All free burgers will be plain and kid sized, no bun included. 

Well, there we have it, the second edition of this paper! I would like to thank anyone who's reading , please tell me how you liked the follow up!

I'd also like to personally thank GopherWorking9 and CreativeScarlet16, again, for their kind words and feedback!

EV

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Next edition of the VHC should be coming in either later today or early tomorrow

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Wednesday, October 25

Community Corner

Puppies & Parades: Local Shelter's Fundraiser Event

By Rolland Cross

This coming Saturday, the local shelter/florist's, Puppies and Poppies, will be holding a fundraiser parade commemorating their very first anniversary. This wonderful occasion will be marked with a large-scale dog walk, or "parade" through town. The walk will end Violet Hill's dog park, where adoptions will be taking place and refreshments will be for sale. 

The forecast is sunny and clear, so please come on down! Bring your families, and maybe add another member while you're at it! That is to say, another member besides the compulsory adoption that every person who attends will be forced to make. The shelter is evidently very overcrowded. 

Ericka and I, Rolland Cross, will also be there as part of the event! Of course, we will also be taking home a dog each, who I plan to make the mascots of our publication. Ericka didn't want to come, but I'm making her keep an eye on me so I don't take home every dog I see.

Anyways, there will be lemonade, dog treats (also edible for humans), and Violet Hill High's very own Ricky Sanderson as DJ. 

The parade is being financed by mayor Josephine Waters, and all proceeds from snacks and drinks will go to Puppies and Poppies. It warms my heart whenever the mayor is generous with her money, as she also contributes to this very newspaper.

On an unrelated note, Mayor Waters asked me to remind all you Chroniclers that elections are coming up. Vote Waters! 

Forest Rangers Remind Parents to be Safe when Camping

By Rolland Cross (Contributions by Ericka Belmonte)

Yesterday afternoon, 7 year old Marcus Hawkins broke his arm while camping with his parents in the forest. 

(In my personal opinion, this is due to negligence by his mother, Deborah Hawkins. I know you read this paper, Deborah, move your van.)

Apparently, little Mark had wandered off to explore and ended up falling, breaking his right arm. He was rushed to the hospital where he has been treated for his injuries.

The Forest Rangers decided to use this as an opportunity to open a discussion with parents about keeping their children safe. I sent Ericka Belmonte to interview them, here is what she was told:

"We understand that children need to get out into the open air to grow," said the rangers. "But they are fragile beings, and it is up to their guardians to ensure than they don't get into any...kind of trouble."

Ericka also added that the rangers made this comment. "We would also like to remind all citizens, that if they hear anything suspicious, they should tell authorities instead of investigating themselves. This includes any kind of loud rustling, screaming, or perhaps a low buzzing, especially in the vicinity of the old mine shafts."

Classifieds

- House for rent! Has a lovely lakeside view and privacy. Some work still to be done. There are reports of unearthly wailing coming from inside, but probably safe. Please call listed number for more information.

- Help wanted as assistant for paranormal research. Call provided number if interested. 

Come see the Mythical Maddox Live!

This Saturday, Maddox will be hosting a free, all welcome seminar on his methods. If you want to see a miracle before your eyes, look no further than the Mythical Maddox!

Thanks to anyone reading! Tell me what you think, your feedback funds every edition!

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

hydrahoneydew9

.o.

amazing.

• Posted at:

ocean 

your evil fandom reference queen

haunted by knee bruise goblins | nr's mb-sis

|probably playing miitopia| drowning in ships|

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

(thanks eris)

#Saveisaac2k19

#wafflesarefriends

#rememberhurricane

Front sm

cheerywriter18

@HH9 .o. Thank you so much for response!

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

creativescarlet16

Rustling..screaming........

Well, at least the kid suffered only a minor injury. And I attended the event that Puppies and Poppies hosted. I TOOK HOME EVERY CAT AND DOG AND HORSE AND RABBIT AND WHATEVER OTHER PETS THAT I SAW BWAHAHAHA.

My pets. (Soory, I'm hyper today).

Also, are Mr. Cross and Ms. Belmonte relatives or friends? They seem to know each other well.

• Posted at:

*yEETS AWAY*

Front sm

cheerywriter18

@CS16 : Hi again! Cross and Ericka are two twenty-somethings who run the paper by themselves. Cross was born in VH and Ericka moved there when she was in high school, but they didn't become friends until she started writing for the paper a few years before the story's taking place.

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Hopefully, the next edition will be out today.

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Hnnnnng scratch that, gotta go "socialize".

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

hydrahoneydew9

.o.

*isaac screeching noises*

• Posted at:

ocean 

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

(thanks eris)

#Saveisaac2k19

#wafflesarefriends

#rememberhurricane

Front sm

snakedancing13

Branch: Janus

This is great. You're style reminds me of Lemony Snicket.

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Recipient of Mickey's Respect

Krista the Key

Will you give all you can give

So that our banner may advance?

Some will fall and some will live

Will you stand up and take your chance?

Front sm

cheerywriter18

@HH9: I don't know what "isaac screeching noises" are, but I'll take it as a compliment

@Krista: Thank you! I haven't been consciously trying to sound like him, but considering how often I read his books when I was younger it's unsurprising.

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

agentclue77

Bookmark

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Waving through a window, oh

Can anybody see, is anybody waving?

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Thursday, October 26

Letters to the Editor

- Mr. Cross, I would greatly appreciate if you would knock on my door to speak with me about my van instead of publishing it in your little newspaper.

Deborah Hawkins

Two words, Deborah. Move. It.

Signed, Rolland Cross, Editor

Community Corner

Mysterious Figures Spotted Around Town

By Ericka Belmonte

Over the course if this week, starting Monday night, reports have come in from Violet Hill residents of suspicious masked characters roaming the streets at night. They are described as tall, wan women wearing what looks to be old-timey hospital garb. 

At the moment, the identities of these women are unknown. Their intentions are also a mystery, though most believe it to be a prank.

"They're more of nuisance than anything else," states Jacob Larson. "Kids seem to be transfixed when they come 'round. Can't be budged from the windows."

"Like they're hypnotized?" I asked.

He frowned. "I guess so. But it's just their curiosity gettin' the best of 'em, I suppose."

At the moment, Violet Hill PD has increased night time patrols in the general area the women have been spotted in. "For now," says spokeswoman Carter Brian, "all we can do is watch and wait."

If anyone has any information regarding these two women, or if they see them, Brian urges them to contact the police. 

Mayoral Elections Heat Up

By Ericka Belmonte

As Mayor Josephine Waters prepares to campaign for reelection, competitors are finally stepping out of the woodwork. 

The most threatening of these candidates is Maria Goldfinch, a Violet Hill native, longtime businesswoman, and a prolific activist in the community. 

As the election develops, you can be sure that the Chronicle will do its best to report on these two candidates.

Also worth mentioning is Silas Broomsworth, who goes by the stage name of "The Mythical Maddox.". Aside from being in the running for "Most Ridiculous Name of the Year", Mr. Broomsworth has announced that he will also be running for mayor.

Classifieds

- Help wanted as assistant for paranormal research. Call provided number if interested.

- Polecat-Ferret hybrid for sale. Normally friendly. Do not release into wild. If wanted, please. Just please.

Have YOU been bitten by a crime against nature?

Come visit old woman Shelly for the best in natural remedies!

*No guarantee of a cure. May be toxic. Not fit for anyone under the age of 21. 

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

cheerywriter18

@Lucy: Hey man, appreciate you reading

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

agentclue77

*No guarentee of a cure. May be toxic. Not fit for anyone under the age of 21.

Lol, every medicine company ever. Looking forward to the next one!

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

hydrahoneydew9

Haha, its just something I made up to express my happiness/anger/annoyance.

btw im ocean :o

• Posted at:

ocean 

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

(thanks eris)

#Saveisaac2k19

#wafflesarefriends

#rememberhurricane

Front sm

cheerywriter18

@Lucy: Haha no kidding, eh?

@Ocean: Nice to meet ya!

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

creativescarlet16

I want the polecat-ferret, please.

Also, I named my puma/mountain lion/cougar that you gave me Striker.

• Posted at:

*yEETS AWAY*

Front sm

cheerywriter18

@CS16: Haha it's all yours man. And nice name bro.

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Sorry for no new edition in a few days, soon, I promise.

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Friday, October 27

Community Corner

Fire Set at Local Hospital

By Ericka Belmonte

Things took a turn for the grim this last night as a crowd of horrified onlookers watched Violet Hill Hospital burn. It was around 11 PM that the fire was started, quickly spreading from the basement to the upper levels. 

It has been determined that the fire was likely not an accident, though at this stage in the investigation the authorities are not releasing all the details. 

What the public has been told is that the ephemeral women that have been spotted around town are wanted in connection with the crime. Evidently, several witnesses have put them in the hospital's vicinity at around the time of the fire was set. That in combination wit their general spookiness is enough to make them suspicious in the eyes of the law. 

Thankfully, there were no casualties and the fire was put out before it could do any irreparable damage. 

Maria Goldfinch, a current candidate for mayor, will be giving a speech at the site of the fire later tonight. 

Local Pie Shop Hold Promotional Picnic

By Rolland Cross

There's not one citizen in Violet Hill old enough to talk that doesn't know the name of Bertha's Bakery, a local pastry shop that specializes in pies of all kinds. It's quite the accomplishment, and I myself would like to congratulate the eponymous Bertha on her fame.

Some might call that fame "notoriety", considering the many health code violations and reported instances of food poisoning, but let's not get into the semantics. 

Perhaps in an attempt to redeem the reputation of her bakery, Bertha will be holding a picnic tomorrow and is inviting everyone in Violet Hill to try her new and improved recipes! 

Anyone who's been reading the Chronicle long enough will know that I have an insatiable sweet tooth, so of course I will be in attendance. Anything for free treats, after all.

I invited Ericka to come and picnic with me, but she just glared at me until I left her office. It might have something to do with the time she ate one of Bertha's muffins and ended up in the ER.

Classifieds

- Two printers for sale! Have tendency to print vague threats at random times. Sometimes make demonic growling noises. Good luck. 

- Mysterious egg found. About six inches in diameter at middle. Unknown species. Will be hatching soon.

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

agentclue77

Oooo the mysterious egg

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Haha, indeed, the myterious egg.

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

creativescarlet16

Hm....those printers sound like my cat. DEMONIC GROWLING NOISESSSS

(Also, I bet Rolland will be complaining about Bertha's picnic in his next edition of the newspaper).

• Posted at:

*yEETS AWAY*

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Haha, guess we'll see, eh? And your cat sounds both neat and terrifying.

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

cheerywriter18

I'm so sorry for the lack of a new edition guys! I wrote one earlier today but I guess it didn't go through? Anyways I'll have to rewrite it, I'll do that as soon as I can. Sorry again.

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

agentclue77

Oh, hakuna matata 

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Saturday, October 28

Letters to the Editor

Thanks for getting yourself hospitalized at the picnic, Rolland. Now I have to edit this whole thing myself

Signed, Ericka Belmonte, Temporary Editor

Community Corner

Community Reactions to Hospital Fire

By Ericka Belmonte

Last night, mayoral candidate Maria Goldfinch gave a rousing speech at the site of the arson attack that occurred Thursday night at Violet Hill Hospital. She railed against the perpetrators of the fire and announced that she will be fund raising this week to pay for the damage done.

Currently, the two prime suspects in the investigation are the ephemeral women who have been seen around town. Though they've been spotted since the fire, they have yet to be apprehended. I don't believe in ghosts, but they sure make you wonder, am I right readers?

An anonymous employee of the hospital had this to say: "Thankfully, no one was injured. Which is good, this is the only hospital in town. The building itself suffered minimal damage- our biggest loss so far has been the coffee machine."

As the investigation and repairs continue, the Chronicle will be sure to notify you of all developments

Picnic Ends in ER

By Ericka Belmonte

This morning, droves of Violet Hill citizens turned out to receive free baked goods in a family picnic being held by Bertha Mackerel. 27 of the 30 attendants ended up ill, the only three not going to the hospital being the Mackerel family. Maybe they've built up an immunity.

Honestly, given the health code violations and previous cases of food poisoning to come from Bertha's Bakery, they all should've seen it coming.

A certain imbecile by the name of Rolland Cross insisted on attending for the sake of journalism. Get well soon. So you can pay me back in frozen yogurt for the extra work I've had to do. 

Classifieds

- Stray dog and four puppies found. Dog is small and brown. Likes biting. Help.

- Help wanted as staff for Mayor Waters' campaign! No official pay per se, except for perhaps in certain favors down the line. 

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

agentclue77

"Likes biting" I didn't know Sunny Baudelaire got a dog lol

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Haha no kidding 

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

cheerywriter18

Hey y'all! Sorry, this isn't a new edition, rather, an update.

So, I started school yesterday. As a junior in high school, I'm going to have a lot on my plate. Already do. 

Now, I'm not going to stop writing the Chronicle. I love the characters, the wacky misadventures, and the story I have planned for it. I am, however, not going to be able to release as regular of updates. In the future, I will probably be trying to release an edition evey weekend until the story is over. 

Well, that's all for now guys. I hope you all stay tuned. And thanks for all the lovely support everyone, the little funny comments you guys leave make my day!

EV

• Posted at:

- Henry David Thoreau

EV

Front sm

agentclue77

Oh, no problem! I'm starting my junior year in a few weeks too

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd