Front sm

livelyfire22

Branch: Ekaterina

Ooo, it's great! I really love how the plot keeps going back and forth in time! In some of the books that I've written (not th ones I sent to the publisher yet) the time goes back and forth, and I think it's a great way to get the readers attention. 

Also, I've posted the first chapter of a book that I'm writing on t39mb as well. You guys should check it out, I'll bump it regularly. It's called Know Yourself. 

Love y'all 

-Sally-

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Sally

HAMMOCFLAVORED DRINK FAMILY

I have loved you all for years, and I will never stop.

My friends, my family, stay awesome.

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

*you know you're missed when

someone puts you in their sig*

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

Branch: Janus

@Shadia: I know, I'm so happy! I had to change it a bit from the original, but at least it's there now, hopefully clearing up some things too. I hope you liked it!

~Vanessa~

• Posted at:

dawndancer15 aka ButterflyActress33

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

"Charming, 'andsome, and speaks French? Amy, keep him." - Marguerite Beaufort

Updates every Tuesday and Friday! 

Read the new and improved rewrite at: forums/topics/287662

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

@Sally: Thanks girl! And yeah, I loved the time jumps, I think it adds a little more flair to the story. I'll definitely check out your book, and you know, if you want more readers, you should post an ad on my advertising thread! It's a good way to spread the word. Here's the link: /forums/topics/292451. Have an awesome day!

~Vanessa~

• Posted at:

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

Front sm

livelyfire22

@vanessa, thanks! I'll totally check it out! And I'm so happy that the first half came through! 

stay awesome guys

-Sally-

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

jadecat1391

Hey vannessa. I have an idea for the next chapter: Jake comes in as a surprise to Amy, saying his boss let him have 3 days off, just this once. Then there's this whole drama with jake and ian. it would be a great place to have amy at war with her self (more than usual) and for her to make big desicions. Great place for cliffhangers as well!

• Posted at:

CATTE

AKA:

The pun master (more than you, LUCINA)

The cat lady

The undertale fangirl

Depressed

Atheist

BISEXUAL

KITTIIIIIIEEEEESSS

Sci-fi

Oreos

Alphdyne

- crisis

會 - opportunity 

They are one in the same. We are the future. We are leaders.

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

Chapter 10 is here, y'all! First and foremost, I'd like to apologize for this chapter being a bit on the shorter side - unfortunately, I haven't had much time to write this week. However, I hope you still like it! And now, let us a here from a very great character, and maybe we'll find out some stuff about him today as well!

Chapter 10: The Morning After

“What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.” - Esther M. Friesner

Since he was an adult now, Dan knew that it was frowned upon in most respectable societies to spit one’s OJ out at the sight of their sweaty, smelly, and horribly out of breath sibling stumbling through the door, but then again, “adult” was such a relative term, and who was he to subscribe to the norm? He coughed, attempting in vain to hide his giggles but Amy was no fool and still threw dagger-like glares his way.

“You’re up early,” he commented innocently, sipping from the contents of his cup delicately.

“I went on a jog,” his sister wheezed as she clutched her midsection in obvious pain.

Dan snorted. “Up Mt. Everest?”

“Oh, shut up.” She looked around the kitchen with a frown. “Where’s Veronica?”

“She stepped out for a bit, something about groceries,” he responded, smiling a little at the mention of his fiancé.  

“Oh.” Amy sighed while rubbing her temples, and slumped into a chair next to him. “Pass the waffles.”

Dan smirked and pulled the food further away from her reach as Amy threw a nasty scowl in his direction. He laughed internally, basking in how easy it was to annoy her. “What’s the magic word?”

“Now,” she growled.

“Close enough.” He pushed the food towards her, and she scarfed it up greedily. “So, how did you like the party?”

“Etthwasssalngkrtmt - ”

He rolled his eyes. “In English, please.”

Amy wiped the maple syrup off her mouth, and turned to him, sporting an almost convincing poker face. “I said, it was alright.”

Dan let out a breath, and shook his head slightly.

Sure it was. 

It was too bad that he knew her too well, or he might have bought her attempt at reassuring him. But Amy’s eyes were cast downward, and she looked deep in thought, and maybe also a bit troubled. Dan was going to go out on a limb here and guess that the source of her woes began with “I” and ended with “an”.

“Oh, cool,” he answered, swallowing a small gulp.

He knew that he shouldn’t have hidden his RSVP, and he knew that he should have told her that he was definitely coming, but honestly, Dan was pretty sure that after that revelation, his sister would have backed out of his wedding for sure, and he couldn’t have that. Maybe it was a bit selfish, but he rarely got to see her due to her busy life in New York (and just general refusal to have anything to do with the family), and yes, it was sappy, but he missed her desperately. After all, there were few people as easy to tease and make fun of as Queen Dorkette, and none offered more comedic material than her.

He frowned, poking at his own breakfast bits, and thought back to that certain groomsman of his. Despite his pleas, Amy had refused time and time again to tell him about what happened between her and his newfound British bestie, and even outright denied having any bad blood with him, claiming instead that they had never gotten along anyway. But Dan knew that was a lie, heck, anyone with a brain knew that was a lie. They could all clearly remember a time when the pair got along really well. Whatever happened between them, it must have been something big to make a person like Amy Cahill pack up her bags, coldly quit leadership, and drop off the face of the Earth in one night.

Dan could still recall the aftermath of her sudden radio silence, as it was pretty hard to forget. Ian would call him nearly every day for a year asking if Dan had any info on why his co-leader had suddenly resigned and why she wouldn’t return any of his calls. It was almost sad, really, to see the once mighty Kabra brought down so low, but it did end up having one perk - Dan found out that Ian wasn’t as awful to talk to as one would think, and the two actually got along pretty well. It was a miraculous friendship, really, cemented over a mutual love of harmless bickering, and Dan wouldn’t have liked it any other way.

Amy smiled lightly, bringing him back to reality. “You were great up there, you know . . . Telling about your love to the whole world, it was sweet. I’m proud of you, dweeb.”

Dan groaned, and blushed beet red. “I made a fool out of myself.”

She laughed. “Only for the first couple of minutes! Nellie, Natalie, and I were very entertained though.”

“I’m sure Natalie was having a ball,” he grumbled, thinking back to the girl’s knifelike insults. If only she had changed like her sibling, then maybe he could have let go of their longstanding grudge. But no, the Kabra woman seemed determined not to budge and if she wanted to be like that, then fine, he couldn’t care less. He frowned, thinking back to a peculiar moment in their conversation. “Speaking of Satan, did she seem a little weird last night?”

“Honestly, yeah, she even left early,” Amy said, looking confused and concerned at the same time. “I wonder if she’s okay.”

“She’s fine,” Dan reassured. “Maybe the food wasn’t up to her extremely high standards.”

“I think it was a bit more serious than that, Dan,” Amy said, scolding his insensitivity, but he just rolled his eyes at her.

“Whatever.” He scooted his chair closer to her. “Now, onto more important things - ”

“Dan!”

“We have to discuss the brunch,” he said, enunciating the last two words omionously.

Amy stopped mid waffle bite, and knitted her brows together. “The what?”

“Brunch! In two days! You know for the groomsmen and bridesmaids?” Amy stared at him like he had sprouted another head, and Dan sighed in frustration. “The next big event? The one that takes place at the restaurant you recommended?”

It was like a lightbulb went off in her head. “Oh! That brunch.” She laughed nervously. “Two days, huh? That’s so . . . soon.” Tell me about it, he thought. Dan had tried to convince Veronica to put this shindig off for later, but she insisted that the sooner the key players of the wedding party were acquainted, the better. Honestly, he didn’t think that it even mattered, but he knew she was eager to introduce her friends, so he just let her have her way. She was cute when she was happy, after all.

“There’s not too much to be done though, I’ve already booked us a table and I’m planning to send out the invitation text this afternoon.” Dan looked at her pointedly. “And no, you can’t sit this one out, you’re the maid-of-honor.”

Amy groaned loudly in protest, but Dan was having none of it. He knew that she was stressed out, but like it or not, this was her reality for the next five months, and she needed to learn how to live with it. If she couldn’t get along with somebody, she would have to learn to at least tolerate him, and hey, who knew, maybe the two would actually talk to each other instead of bottling up those unresolved feelings. But then again, that might be a bit too much to hope for.

“It must be weird,” he started. “Seeing them again.” Amy looked up at him, an indescribable emotion in her eyes, and cleared her throat.

“Yeah, it is,” she confessed, rubbing her neck a little. She chuckled lightly. “I have to say though, some of the wedding party choices did  . . . surprise me. I mean, Jonah’s so famous, when will he have enough time for this? And Ham - doesn’t he have a match coming up soon?”

Dan smirked slightly at her rambling. “Don’t you worry yourself, sis. Jonah’s not touring right now, and Ham’s in the off season. My friend, Abe - you’ll meet him at brunch - works for me, so, he’s completely free, and Ian . . . Ian does a lot of business with the ‘States, he even has an apartment in Boston, which he’ll be occupying for the next several months - thank god that his big project falls around the same time as the wedding.”

“Big project?” Amy asked, curiosity evident in her tone. Hook, line, and sinker.

“Yeah,” Dan responded, nonchalantly examining his fingernails. “He’s opening his own art gallery.”

Amy eyes widened in interest as she stared at him. “Really?”

“It’s supposed to be a pretty big deal,” he asserted confidently. “People are already talking about it.”

“I’m sure they are,” she whispered, looking away. She paused, then said, “I didn’t even know you two were even friends though, I mean, by the way you talk about Natalie - ”

“Two different species, sister-san,” Dan interjected. “One Kabra grew up, the other one just stayed the same.”

“I get that.” Amy got quiet for a minute. “Hey, Dan?”

“Yeah?”

“This is a bit out of the blue, but . . . why did you decide to get married?”

Dan looked at his sister sharply, but froze under her intense gaze. She looked genuinely curious, and maybe also a little bit sad. He cursed inwardly. It was no secret to him that Amy wanted to be in the same position he and Veronica were currently in - to be the blushing bride, all in white, gliding towards Jake at the end of the alter. To have parties, and brunches, and her own personal cheerleaders to be there for her on her big day. But Jake was just taking so long, and nobody understood it, not even Atticus, who had told him that he thought Jake was going to propose years ago. It was infuriating for Dan to watch time go by without a single sign of the elder Rosenbloom popping the question to his sister any time soon.

But Amy didn’t ask him about Jake. Dan sighed. Why did he decide to get married? When he was younger, that label met nothing to him, and frankly speaking, he couldn’t have cared less is he ever did tie the knot. As far as he was concerned, love had nothing to do with matrimony, and a ring on a girl’s finger was just a ring, and it didn’t determine anything. But as much as he hated to admit it, adulthood changed things. Many, many things, including his outlook on love, life, and personal growth. In the end, he had found that adult relationships - romantic or not - required seriousness and commitment if they were to ever become something truly great, and when one felt the way he felt about Veronica, there seemed to be only one way forward. Marriage was the answer, he was sure of it. Otherwise, wasn’t it all just a waste of time?

Dan knew that he was on the younger side of the marital scale, and that many questioned his judgement to settle down so soon, but he refused to be swayed by their opinions. He had lived a beyond hectic life so far, filled with adventure, danger, and foolish fancies of the heart, and it was time to establish some roots and get grounded. It was time to be seen like a man, and not like a careless little boy he had made himself out to be for so long, and there was no better person to go on that journey with than Veronica. He loved her, and he could see himself eventually straightened out by his commitment to her, and that was what finally persuaded him into matrimony - he could see not only growing old with her, but also growing up.

So, why did he decide to get married?

“We can’t all be Peter Pan, Amy. It was time that I became an adult, too.”

Well, now we got to know Dan a little better! Thoughts, questions, concerns? What about his view on marriage? Does that spike some raised eyebrows? Let me know, and tune in on Tuesday for a fabulous chapter, in which we get to meet some new characters!

~Vanessa~

• Posted at:

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

Front sm

livelyfire22

Vanessa! I love it! Yeah, dans view on marriage is a bit weird! But I love it! I like the way you brought parts of the past into it. It cool. 

-Sally 

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

@Sally: Thank you, that's so sweet of you to say! And trust me, why he thinks like that will all be revealed later . . .  *evily cackles into the distance*

~Vanessa~

• Posted at:

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

Front sm

fairymermaid5258

Love it! It felt good read about what Dan thinks!  Can you give me some hints about tuesday, pretty please? I can't wait for tuesday! At least one hint, is going to be about the brunch?

• Posted at:

Hi, I'm Shadia!

#Iluvtoread

#Shadiaisamamazing

#IamfromLibya

#proudmuslim

#proudtobeME!

I'm also

a cahill

an ekat

a madrigal

a daughter of Athena

a user of the mist

a daughter of Thor

a princess

a spy

a READER

#Youcanbeanythingwhenyouread

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

@Shadia: Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! And I can give you one hint about Tuesday, but it's gonna be pretty vague 'cause I've only drafted the chapter, and I haven't wrote it yet, so there's no official version. So yes, the chapter is about the brunch, and I can promise some drama! XD

~Vanessa~

• Posted at:

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

Front sm

fairymermaid5258

oooh, I can't wait!

• Posted at:

Hi, I'm Shadia!

#Iluvtoread

#Shadiaisamamazing

#IamfromLibya

#proudmuslim

#proudtobeME!

I'm also

a cahill

an ekat

a madrigal

a daughter of Athena

a user of the mist

a daughter of Thor

a princess

a spy

a READER

#Youcanbeanythingwhenyouread

Front sm

jadecat1391

VANESSA! LISTEN PLZ!

Pleeeeaaaaasseeeeee have jake come as a suprise to Amy and then have a drama with Ian? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

• Posted at:

CATTE

AKA:

The cat lady

The undertale fangirl

Depressed

Atheist

BISEXUAL

KITTIIIIIIEEEEESSS

Sci-fi

Oreos

Alphdyne

- crisis

會 - opportunity 

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

@Catte: You're just gonna have to see where the story goes in its own time, we still have a long way to go!

~Vanessa~

• Posted at:

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

Front sm

jadecat1391

YAY NEW CHAPTER TMRW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

CATTE

AKA:

The cat lady

The undertale fangirl

Depressed

Atheist

BISEXUAL

KITTIIIIIIEEEEESSS

Sci-fi

Oreos

Alphdyne

- crisis

會 - opportunity 

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

It's that time again! Before I start, let me just say that my French is not up to par, so I've used my trusty friend Google Translate for help. Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter! Without further ado, let's get started!

Chapter 11: Early Birds and Worms

“The art of conversation is the art of hearing as well as of being heard.” - William Hazlitt

To call the establishment “nice” would have probably been considered an insult rather than a compliment because Les Yeux Ambrés was so much more than that. It was the very definition of splendour and grandeur that didn’t come off as haughty and unwelcoming, a place with top of the line service that still remained personable, original, and friendly - and that’s why Amy loved it so much. It was the only restaurant in all of Massachusetts that had history and heart, and even a semblance of home, and she could safely say that it was one of the very few things she had dearly missed while she was away.

Amy closed her eyes and breathed in the place’s rich, flowery smell. Lavender seemed like the scent of the day, but it was somehow made even more delightful by the wonderful aroma of freshly baked bread coming from the kitchens, and the sound of a water fountain dripping daintily nearby. The lobby was full of other guests, all who looked just as marveled by their surroundings and excited for their meal as she was, and the delightful chatter was reaching a volume that seemed to be giving the poor young hostess at the front a massive headache.  

She smiled as she remembered her first time at the French setup. Grace had taken her and Dan there for lunch when she was just eight to give them a taste of real culture for “educational purposes”. She had then proceeded to tell them how she had befriended the owner when she was traveling abroad, and had tried to persuade her to move to the ‘States and open up her own place for years because her gift was one that just had to be shared. But the owner had no money, and was devastated to turn down Grace’s offer. Yet, Grace didn’t let that sway her - eventually she convinced the woman to let her be her patroness, and fund the establishment, and even though the owner tried to turn her down again and again, she relented after much begging and pleading from the adventurer. Thus, Amy’s safe haven was born.

Though she doubted that Dan even remembered ever dining there, let alone the story behind the restaurant’s existence, Amy never forgot. As she grew older, the place became as important to her as it were to her grandmother, and she went there often, either to reminisce on the past, or to think about the future - however uncertain it was.  

“Amélie?” Amy grinned widely at the nickname. She turned around slowly and met the big blue eyes of a curly-haired sixty-year-old woman who was staring at her in surprise and adoration. “Iz zat weally you?”

“Salut, Marguerite - ” She didn’t have time to finish her poor attempt at speaking French before the owner shrilly screamed and enveloped her in the tightest hug she had ever received. Amy laughed and wrapped her arms around the unusually strong elder. God, she had missed the crazy bat.

“Mon chérie! Ma belle fille, je t'ai manqué!” Marguerite yelled, clinging onto Amy as if her life depended on it. “Iz been too long! When I zaw ze name ‘Cahill’ in ze book, I thought it waz your brother I should be expecting, not you, zilly girl. Now I have to change ze whole menu!”

“Oh, Marguerite, please don’t, I’m sure what you’ve got planned already will be delicious - ”

“Don’t be stupid, iz tradition!” Marguerite exclaimed, flipping her long, gray hair over her shoulder like the teenager she was at heart.

Amy rolled her eyes, smiling slightly, and let the woman have her way. When it came to her rituals, nobody could convince Marguerite Beaufort to forego them under any circumstance. To her, traditions were what made life special, and gave one something to look forward to. To take such delicacies away was simply unacceptable in her books. Amy loved the woman even more for her reasoning, however wonky it was.

“Now,” Marguerite started, as she linked her arm through Amy’s. “Before I take you to your table, tell me all about your life in ze New York, and your better have a good explanation for not viziting me more often!”

“Marguerite, you know I hardly visited anybody,” Amy reasoned.

“If you zay zo,” said the elderly woman, rolling her eyes in the process. “Though if I believe you, I still haven’t decided. Now, enlighten me about ze New York, I’ve always wanted to go!”

Amy giggled at the woman’s over the top hand gestures, and tried to think of the best way to summarize the past five years. She was used to getting asked such questions, but it seemed like every time she had to recount her life story, it got harder and harder to tell. She opened her mouth, preparing to begin, but then heard someone clearing their throat behind her.

The women turned around and were met with the unusual sight of Ian Kabra adjusting his tie, looking every bit as uncomfortable as Amy felt. She cursed him for still looking as handsome and put together as ever, despite having a tension around him that one could only cut through with a very sharp knife.

“Amy,” he said, running a hand through his jet-black hair. “There you are. I was beginning to think that I had the wrong establishment.”

“Forget about ze New York,” Marguerite stage whispered. “Who iz dat?”

Amy felt a heat creep up her neck and she willed herself to calm down. “Marguerite, may I introduce you to Ian, he’s my . . . friend.”

Marguerite narrowed her eyes as if to say, okay, I don’t believe you, but okay.

“Charmed,” Ian said, shaking the older woman’s hand politely. He kept glancing back at Amy, making her wonder if there was something on her face. The way her luck was going, it was a definite possibility.

“Marguerite is an old friend of the family’s, she actually owns the restaurant, which has such a rich history and - ”

“Amélie, stop boring ‘im to death, nobody cares!” the woman exclaimed loudly, causing Ian to stifle a laugh. Amy just wish that some God out there would smite her, so she could stop feeling as if she were about to come to a boil. “We’re in ze company of an incredibly gorgeous man, and all you can talk about iz my restaurant? ‘ave I taught you nothing? Make a move, ma fille!”

“Marguerite!” Amy hissed. She didn’t dare look over at Ian, not unless she wished to give a whole new meaning to the word “blush”.

“Alright, alright,” the insolent woman relented. “I’m only teasing. Now, I’m betting you two ‘ave a lot to discuss - ”

Nope, not really.

“So, I think iz time to take you to your table, no?”

Ian flashed a blinding smile at the owner that would make any woman swoon. Well, almost any woman. “Merci Marguerite, cela serait très apprécié. Et puis-je simplement dire que votre place est extraordinaire, je suis tellement honoré d'avoir été invité à dîner ici.”

Both women raised a brow at his musical phrasing. Marguerite laughed slightly. “Charming, ‘andsome, and speaks French? Amy, keep him.”

That’s it. “Our table, Marguerite?”

“Right, follow me,” she giggled, and led them away.

Aside from thinking of the many colorful ways she could strangle the grandma-like figure currently chatting with the source of all her problems, Amy was panicking. Nobody was here yet, and she was about to be stuck attempting to make small talk with Ian freaking Kabra. This was what her nightmares were made of.

She wasn’t prepared for this! What was she going to say, how was she going to behave? Does she pretend that Nellie’s wedding just never happened? Or maybe that the Lucian just never became her friend? Maybe she should just run away again, and pray that he just wouldn’t care enough to follow her.

God, why couldn’t the past just stay in the past?

Marguerite led them to a big table all the way in the terrace, which had a beautiful garden view. Amy took in an awed breath when she spotted the many flowers decorating her surroundings - it was almost enough to distract her from her troubles. “Your table, mes chéris. What would you like to drink?”

“Just some water, s'il vous plaît," Ian answered.

Amy grimaced. “Same for me.”

“Alright, I’ll be right back!” And then Marguerite was gone, and Amy and Ian were alone at last.

A horrible awkward silence engulfed the two, and Amy prayed to the heavens above that she could find something semi-intelligent to say. Alas, it seemed like the Gods rather liked seeing her so frazzled - it must have been some sort of new form of entertainment for them.

Amy pouted and tried to look at anything but the amber-eyed man before her. This was so ridiculous, she could sue.

Where is everybody?

“So, um . . . ” Amy looked up at the sound of Ian’s voice. He was fiddling with his napkin, twisting it around like a pretzel, and Amy frowned a little. Could the great Cahill leader actually be . . . nervous? Around her? “I-I’ve heard that you’ve done well for yourself in the last couple of years. Not that you’ve never done well for yourself before! I mean, you’re Amy Cahill, of course you’ve done well for yourself, but what I meant was that you’ve done really well, which is a whole different level of wellness - lord, where am I going with this - ”  

Amy’s lips twitched upwards a little. Definitely nervous. Maybe she wasn’t as alone in this as she had originally thought.

“What I meant to say was that I heard that you were doing well, and that is just wonderful,” Ian finally let out, slumping back in his chair and covering his face with his hands. He looked like he didn’t know whether he wanted to laugh, cry, die of embarrassment, or all of the above. She could relate.

“This is weird,” she admitted after a long pause, scratching the nape of her neck.

Ian scoffed. “Tell me about it. I mean, I haven’t seen or heard from you in five years, and then suddenly, you become the bloody ghost of Christmas past, and reappear back into my life out of the blue - I don’t know how to react to something like that!”

“Yeah, I get that.” Amy swore she heard crickets chirping. This was definitely going on her list of Top Ten Uncomfortable Situations That I’ve Been In.

Actually, no. This was more of a Top Five thing.

“I mean, our last form of communication was through your lawyer to finalize your resignation,” Ian said quietly. Amy squirmed, not liking this somber turn of their conversation. She could hear the unspoken questions hidden underneath his statement, and it drew a pained expression to her face.

Why did you leave me to do that job alone?

Why didn’t you return any of my attempts to talk to you?

What did I do to make you hate me so much?

Amy cringed in shame. None of this was his fault, but he had probably blamed himself for her leaving for a long time. Guilt gnawed at her stomach - she was not a good person. What was she going to do now? She couldn’t tell him the truth, god no, that would do more harm than good, but she had to do something.

“Look, I’m sorry, okay?” That came out worse out loud than it did in her head. Great, now she sounded like a spoiled brat.

“I’m sorry,” she tried again. “There were problems at home, and I needed to go back immediately.” So far, so good. “The job just . . . got in the way, and I felt that it was best to exit the family business as soon as possible, so I’m sorry for not giving you a warning. I just needed time away, so I wasn’t really in contact much over the years. Life kind of happened, and then it seemed like I just didn’t have any time for any inconveniences.”

There were so many holes in her story, but if he knew that she was lying, he didn’t show it.

Finally, Ian took a deep breath. “I am so sorry to have been such an inconvenience to you, Amy,” he spit out with so much venom, she actually flinched. Ouch.

Amy looked back down at her lap, willing her eyes not to water. That stung, but if she were truly honest with herself, she deserved that.

“I’m sorry,” he sighed, running his hand through his hair again. “That was a bit harsh.”  

She looked up slowly, but found him sporting a famous and familiar expression she had hoped she’d never see again - the signature I’m-a-screw-up-who-can’t-do-anything-right-by-anyone look. It appeared like their brief but heavy conversation had aged him twenty years, and her remorse doubled. Ian had every right to be mad at her, she was the one who left. He didn’t purposely mean to hurt her all those years ago - she was unavailable, how was he supposed to know she felt that way? But honestly, she had meant to hurt him, and it worked.

Amy stifled a groan. She should have known that her actions would come back to bite her in the butt later on in life. Now she had to fix this - and fast - if she had any hope of getting through the next couple of months unscathed.

She glanced back at the distressed man, who looked like he wanted to poke his eyes out with the salad fork in front of him.

Well, there was no time like the present.

“It’s alright,” Amy said reassuringly with a small smile. “I understand.”

Ian looked at her with a dubious expression, and hesitantly returned her simper.

“Look, I know this mess happened a long time ago, but obviously it’s still not resolved,” she started. “So, I have a proposition for you - why don’t we start over?”

“Start over?” he asked, looking puzzled.

“Yeah,” Amy said. “Forget the past, and wipe our slate clean?”

Ian didn’t look convinced, but she just grinned shyly at him. “I mean, we’ve done it plenty of times before, how hard could it be, right?”

Finally, he chuckled, and it encouraged her to go on. She cleared her throat, and stuck out her hand. “Hi, I’m Amy Cahill. I am a dedicated workaholic living the good life in New York, I watch reruns of Kim Possible almost every Friday night, and once upon a time, I had the pleasure of running a crazy family alongside a most extraordinary guy.”

Ian cracked a small smile, and shook her hand tentatively. “It’s very nice to meet you, Amy. My name is Ian, Ian Kabra, and I think that this should work out just fine.”

And with that, our lovers vowed to forget their shared past, but if we're being honest . . . how long could that last? XD Well, I hope you liked this chapter! Ian and Amy's first talk to each other! I wonder what path that's gonna send those two on. Thoughts on Marguerite? I LOVED writing her, btw. Anyway, until next time, my friends! Tune in on Friday!

~Vanessa~

• Posted at:

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

Hey guys, a quick update! Starting next week, I will probably start posting new chapters only once a week for a while. :( School is starting and I really don't want to fall behind this year, so that's going to be priority! Don't you worry though, this story will keep going, and there will be a chapter this Friday (one that I am SO excited about). The new update day will probably be Sunday, but I haven't set it in stone yet. Anyway, I hope that you are enjoying this story so far! Love you guys, have an incredible day!

~Vanessa~

• Posted at:

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

Front sm

livelyfire22

Omg Vanessa! It's great! And the French is ok too(I speak it) *winks* keep going! And do you want me to copy all this down so you can publish it in a magazine or something? I know you can't make it a book cause you don't have the rights , but you could always do it in a magazine or the paper, maybe a school magazine? Hmm. I should do that with some of the books if written...

love you guys

-Sally 

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

@Sally: Hey, thanks for the niceness! I actually already have the story all copied down, so thanks so much for the offer, but please don't publish this on any other site or newspaper/magazine. I'm probably, going to move this story to another site anyway in a couple of months, and it would be pretty weird if this just kept popping up everywhere lol. But you should totally do that with your own stories, I am sure that they are fabulous! Thanks so much for all the comments lovey!

~Vanessa~

• Posted at:

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

@Mods: Seriously, what now?

~Vanessa~

• Posted at:

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

Front sm

blackbutterfly1262

Branch: Lucian

OMG Vanessa, your book is totally awesome. You're going to be an author right?!!! I love your chapters!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear more!

• Posted at:

ANNIE CAHILL

Proud SLYTHERIN

DANCER

SINGERATHLETE

GYMNAST

"The world is quiet here"

"Darling I'm a nightmare dressed as a daydream!"

ME = Teacher: "Why are you talking during my lesson?"

Student: "Why are you teaching during my conversation?"

Front sm

blackbutterfly1262

When do you update?

• Posted at:

ANNIE CAHILL

Proud SLYTHERIN

DANCER

SINGERATHLETE

GYMNAST

Front sm

dawndancer15

aka ButterflyActress33

Hey Annie, and anybody who else who's still on this thread! You guys should check this link out - it offers an explanation as to why I'm not updating this story here anymore. :/ Thank you for everything, you've been golden!

link: topics/295332

~Vanessa~

• Posted at:

~Vanessa~ 

Gold Digger  

Front sm

blackbutterfly1262

Okay, thanks!

• Posted at:

ANNIE CAHILL

Proud SLYTHERIN

DANCER

SINGERATHLETE

GYMNAST

Front sm

livelyfire22

Vanessa, I already checked it. I'll miss you.

• Posted at:

Sally

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

Front sm

blackbutterfly1262

Me too

• Posted at:

ANNIE CAHILL