Front sm

magicraven62

Branch: Janus

Market Day

I slipped in and out of the crowd in front of the breakfast cart, the morning filling with the usual bustle and noise. The slight pitter-patter of rain accompanies it.

“Hey, Michayla! How are you this lovely morning?”

“I’m fine,” I said, nodding to the vendor. I continued my stroll down the street, looking for something, I don’t know quite know what. My brother. That may be it. Or maybe I was restless. Market Day had been a special day for me, until my brother got run over. He didn’t make it and we’re all still grieving. I could still hear his small voice, crying out for me, “Kayla! Kayla, help!” And how I didn’t do a thing. How I was too far away. And how my older brother, who had been right next to him the entire time, hadn’t done a thing. Tears pricked at my eyes at the familiar memory. Unable to contain myself any longer, I rushed to a dark corner and huddled there, letting the tears fall. I had let myself believe it was my brother, Dyson’s fault. But it was mine. If I hadn’t left Dyson to look after Ben all by him--

“Michayla! What are you doing?” My head bolted upright. Standing behind me was Devi, the village hot-shot.

“What now, Devi?” I groaned.

“That is no way to speak to your better, Michayla Anderson. You’d better learn some respect,” he said, ticked.

“Respect? For you? Impossible,” I snorted, standing and wiping my eyes. He shook his head and walked away, muttering about girls and what terrible respecters they are. I rolled my eyes. Then I sat against the wall and sighed. I closed my eyes and breathed in, then out. Most people call this inhaling, then exhaling. But I call it… the antidote for grief. But sometimes, like then, it gives me flashbacks.

I was jogging through the fruit vendors stalls, looking for star fruit, the new thing. But as I poked my head into the stall on my left, I heard a far-off cry : “Kayla! Kayla, help! Help me!” It was Ben. I whirled out of the stall and raced toward where the voice came from. As I neared, I saw a small huddle, a small circle. Oh, no, oh, no, oh no no no nooooo, I thought, pushing people aside in my haste to get to the center of the circle. As I stumbled through, I saw Ben’s broken little body, Dyson hunched over him, sobbing.

“Dyson! Ben!” I screamed, dropping to my knees beside them. Dyson looked up at me with tear- filled eyes. I didn’t need words. I saw his expression. Ben was dead. And it was all my fault. I bent over his figure, crying softly. A tear landed on his dirty little cheek, washing a little of the blood away.

The flashback ended as abruptly as it had come. I stood and brushed myself off, hoping I looked haughty and not like a girl who had been crushed by a devastating memory. Which I was. I went home without getting anything.

“Michayla! Where’s the food?” my mother demanded. I walked past her into the house. I ran down the stairs to my room, where I kept all my pictures of Ben. I sat down heavily on my straw bed, taking my favorite picture of him in my shaking hands. It was when he had been planting in the garden with Mother and he had just planted a flower seed and he looked at my camera with such joy and happiness it made me collapse into my pillow, closing my eyes and letting the tears slide down my face.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Janus

Wolf Spirit Animal

WOLVES ARE SHY AND CUTE AND GENTLE ANIMALS. SO THERE

Crystal (Pokemon)

Clay

Amy 

Ravenclaw

Waterbender

Shadow Child through and through (Child number 8)

Ace Writer

Ehhhhhh Singer

I'm also 11

HI

Front sm

basketballathletic1926

Branch: Lucian

Oh my! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! You definitely have the potential to be a famous writer like J.K Rowling, or Rick Riordan. I'm totally hooked on this. Follow that career. A little advice if you might take it, some people might enjoy it if you start with an interesting sentence that makes you wanna read more, but that doesn't go straight into the plot line. Do you get what I'm saying? It's really hard, but I bet you can achieve it.

• Posted at:

~Cass~

#RemeberLily&Jane

#SupportTheLGBTQ+Community

#TooManyBooksNotEnoughBookmarks

A PROUD LUCIAN!

If you ask me how I am, there are three default answers; fine, good or eh.

Front sm

magicraven62

Thanks! Oh, what do you suggest? I was listening while I wrote that, so... yeah.

• Posted at:

Janus

Wolf Spirit Animal

Crystal (Pokemon)

Clay

Amy 

Ravenclaw

Waterbender

Ace Writer

Ehhhhhh Singer

I'm also 11

HI

Front sm

magicraven62

What's Harry Potter's favorite way of getting around?

• Posted at:

Janus

Wolf Spirit Animal

Crystal (Pokemon)

Clay

Amy 

Ravenclaw

Waterbender

Ace Writer

Ehhhhhh Singer

I'm also 11

HI

Front sm

magicraven62

Thanks, what do you suggest? Oh, BTW, I'm was listening to really sad anime music while I wrote that. Here's one, it's called:  「1 Hour」Beautiful & Sad Anime Vocal Songs「Sad Anime OST Vol 1」

• Posted at:

Janus

Wolf Spirit Animal

Crystal (Pokemon)

Clay

Amy 

Ravenclaw

Waterbender

Ace Writer

Ehhhhhh Singer

I'm also 11

HI

Front sm

basketballathletic1926

Branch: Lucian

Hah, I can't really suggest anything, but I can give you an example from a book: "Once Upon a Time...." Mrs. Peter said to her sixth grade class. 

It's from a book series called "The land of Stories." It's a really good book series. Here is the plot line of it: When the twins' grandmother gives them a treasured fairy-tale book, they have no idea they're about to enter a land beyond all imagining: the Land of stories, where fairy tales are real. 

I took the plot line from the back of the book.

• Posted at:

~Cass~

#RemeberLily&Jane

#SupportTheLGBTQ+Community

#TooManyBooksNotEnoughBookmarks

A PROUD LUCIAN!

If you ask me how I am, there are three default answers; fine, good or eh.

Front sm

fightingwerewolf1035

I think I've read the first book to that series, Sarah

• Posted at:

I am Jason the Almighty Dolphin!

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision"

"One who knows victory, must know defeat"

#WASHINGTONNATIONALS4EVA

I like:

Sports

Sarcasm

And some other stuff.

Front sm

magicraven62

Me too

Market Day

I slipped in and out of the crowd in front of the breakfast cart, the morning filled with the usual bustle and noise. The slight pitter-patter of rain accompanied it.

“Hello, Michayla! How are you this lovely morning?”

“I’m fine,” I lied, nodding to the vendor. I continued my stroll down the street, looking for something, I didn’t know quite know what. My brother. That might’ve be it. Or maybe I was restless. Market Day had been a special day for me, until my brother got run over. He didn’t make it and we’re all still grieving. I could still hear his small voice, crying out for me, “Kayla! Kayla, help!” And how I didn’t do a thing. How I was too far away. And how my older brother, who had been right next to him the entire time, hadn’t done a thing. Tears pricked at my eyes at the familiar memory. Unable to contain myself any longer, I rushed to a dark corner and huddled there, letting the tears fall. I had let myself believe it was my brother, Dyson’s fault. But it was mine. If I hadn’t left Dyson to look after Ben all by him--

“Michayla! What are you doing?” My head bolted upright. Standing behind me was Devi, the village hot-shot.

“What now, Devi?” I groaned.

“That is no way to speak to your better, Michayla Anderson. You’d better learn some respect,” he said, ticked.

“Respect? For you? Impossible,” I snorted, standing and wiping my eyes. He shook his head and walked away, muttering about girls and what terrible respecters they are. I rolled my eyes. Then I sat against the wall and sighed. I closed my eyes and breathed in, then out. Most people call this inhaling, then exhaling. But I call it… the antidote for grief. But sometimes, like then, it gives me flashbacks.

I was jogging through the fruit vendors stalls, looking for star fruit, the new thing. But as I poked my head into the stall on my left, I heard a far-off cry : “Kayla! Kayla, help! Help me!” It was Ben. I whirled out of the stall and raced toward where the voice came from. As I neared, I saw a small huddle, a small circle. Oh, no, oh, no, oh no no no nooooo, I thought, pushing people aside in my haste to get to the center of the circle. As I stumbled through, I saw Ben’s broken little body, Dyson hunched over him, sobbing.

“Dyson! Ben!” I screamed, dropping to my knees beside them. Dyson looked up at me with tear- filled eyes. I didn’t need words. I saw his expression. Ben was dead. And it was all my fault. I bent over his figure, crying softly. A tear landed on his dirty little cheek, washing a little of the blood away.

The flashback ended as abruptly as it had come. I stood and brushed myself off, hoping I looked haughty and not like a girl who had been crushed by a devastating memory. Which I was. I went home without getting anything.

“Michayla! Where’s the food?” my mother demanded. I walked past her into the house. I ran down the stairs to my room, where I kept all my pictures of Ben. I sat down heavily on my straw bed, taking my favorite picture of him in my shaking hands. It was when he had been planting in the garden with Mother and he had just planted a flower seed and he looked at my camera with such joy and happiness it made me collapse into my pillow, closing my eyes and letting the tears slide down my face. Ben had looked so young, so… free. I curled into a ball and sobbed my heart out. Ben was gone, never to come back. I must have drifted off, at one point, for when I woke up, it was all shadowy in my room. I sat up and back ached from laying in that position for so long. Footsteps came down the stairs to my room. I looked up and saw Andrea, my older sister, coming down to me.

“Go away,” I muttered into my pillow. I was certainly in no mood to talk to anyone. But Andrea sat down, made herself comfortable, and pulled out a letter.

“It’s from Katuki,” she said, waving it in my face. I shoved it away. She sighed. “Look, I know you’re still sad about Ben, but there’s nothing we can do. We can just hope for the best and look to our bright future. I’ll just… leave this here.” She placed the letter on my pillow, next to my nose. I made sure she wasn’t done there anymore and ripped open the letter. As I unfolded it, the words, : “Dear Michayla,” came into view. I scowled and tossed it back on the pillow. Every time his letters started with, Dear Michayla, it meant bad news. But I picked it back up and kept reading.

“Dear Michayla,

I know these past months have been hard for us both, but we have to push through these boundaries and let ourselves believe what we need and want to believe. Just… let me prove to you that I care about you and that I love you. Kayla, we’ve been friends ever since we were little kids. Don’t you think we should advance that relationship? I do, and I believe we are ready to get married. Please tell me what you think. I shall ask your father when I get home. Please write and answer me! I’ve been dying to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Katuki Swanderson

I tore the letter in half, relishing to sound of ripping paper. I got out my ink and pen and began to write.

“Dear Katuki,

No. That is my final answer.”

I smiled and threw the pieces of Katuki’s letter into the grate, watching it go up in smoke. I sealed my letter and took it outside. Putting it in the mailbox, the wind ruffled my hair. I looked up at the night sky and gasped. A shooting star! Those were pretty rare. A sign I’d made the right choice. I smiled, reassured. I wasn’t grieving Ben’s death as much now.

• Posted at:

Janus

Wolf Spirit Animal

Crystal (Pokemon)

Clay

Amy 

Ravenclaw

Waterbender

Ace Writer

Ehhhhhh Singer

I'm also 11

HI

Front sm

magicraven62

What's Harry Potter's favorite way of getting around?

• Posted at:

Janus

Wolf Spirit Animal

Crystal (Pokemon)

Clay

Amy 

Ravenclaw

Waterbender

Ace Writer

Ehhhhhh Singer

I'm also 11

HI

Front sm

magicraven62

Walking. JK Rolling!

• Posted at:

Janus

Wolf Spirit Animal

Crystal (Pokemon)

Clay

Amy 

Ravenclaw

Waterbender

Ace Writer

Ehhhhhh Singer

I'm also 11

HI

Front sm

magicraven62

(J.K. Rowling)

• Posted at:

Janus

Wolf Spirit Animal

Crystal (Pokemon)

Clay

Amy 

Ravenclaw

Waterbender

Ace Writer

Ehhhhhh Singer

I'm also 11

HI