Front sm

snakedancing13

Branch: Janus

Vileria is a kingdom on the brink of war. With its enemies pressing at its borders and rebels stirring up trouble on the inside, it won't belong before their world is thrown into chaos. The King is losing all hope that his country will survive the coming turmoil, but little does he know that the key to Vileria's salvation lies in the heart of his kingdom. Five children, from both noble and common descent, are the kingdom's only chance for victory, or if not that, survival.

Spots: (either an apprentice or heir)

1. Duke--male (Open)

2. Hunter-- female (Open)

3. Servant-- female (Open)

4. Blacksmith-- male (Taken by me)

5. Swordmaster's Son-- male (Open)

Form:

Name:

Appearance:
Personality:

Spot:

Skill(s):

Weapon(s):

Background:

Other:

I'll post my form tommorrow. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Recipient of Mickey's Respect

Krista the Key

Will you give all you can give

So that our banner may advance?

Some will fall and some will live

Will you stand up and take your chance?

Front sm

winterfrost107

Branch: Lucian

Please save hunter.

• Posted at:

Staof Nohr

#ProudChristian

#RememberSphin

"Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back."

"I never wanted a prince or a fairy tale. I never wanted a big life. I'm just a girl struggling to be Ordinary." - Agatha of Woods Beyond

Front sm

cutewolf230

Save Servant. 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

To the Haven for Werewolves, 54 pages, and over 2,100 posts.

Front sm

snakedancing13

Saved! 

Also, the age limit for characters is 14-18.

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Krista the Key

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Branch: Ekaterina

Save swordmaster's son!! :D

• Posted at:

mickey. 

no more band-aids on my heartaches.

no more smoke when i burn my pancakes. 

no more drowning in my sorrow. 

with my chin held up there's always better luck

tomorrow. 

Front sm

snakedancing13

Saved! 

One spot left. Once that ones filled we can start poving.

Also, I've done a little world development:

Long before the Shadows took the Lands, Vileria was known as the Land of Fire. They were given this name due to their unique guardians: The Flameholders.

The Flameholders were unusually skilled in battle and

Each Flameholder commanded a different tint of flame: red, blue, white, orange or yellow. These flames were embodied in the weapons granted the Holders upon their initiation. The orange flame was held in the Sword. The blue flame in the Bow. The white blade in the Staff. The red flame in the ax. And the yellow flame in the spear.

The Old City was designed to help the Flameholders to protect Valeria.

But when the Shadow attempted to invade The Land of Fire, the Flameholders were nearly defeated. All but one died in the last battle, their weapons taken. But their sacrifice saved the city. 

------

The surrounding countries also possessed protectors such as the Flameholders. But when the Shadow invaded, their guardians fell and their lands were lost to the Darkness.

Now they turn on the Land of Fire, the last of the Guardian nations and the Shadow stirs up turmoil in the heart.

-------

In case you haven't guessed from my little history lesson, the five characters that you will be are the descendants of the Flameholders, thus heirs to the Five Flames.

The Duke's son has the Red Flame.

The Huntress has the Blue Flame

The Swordmaster's Son the Orange (or amber) flame

The Blacksmith has the white flame

and the Servant has the Yellow Flame.

They don't know about the flames or the fact they should inherit them, but they will have heard legends of the Flameholders.

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Krista the Key

Front sm

snakedancing13

One more spot people! Take it while its open!!!

Name: Felix Grey

Appearance: short medium-brown hair, hazel eyes with a sharp tint of green, tanned skin from working near a forge, rough and calloused hands that feel like worn leather, small burn scars all over his arms and face, average height, muscular; wears a leather apron over a sooty once-white shirt, worn leather boots. pockets of apron normally filled with tools. 
Personality: calm, quiet, taciturn, hard worker, tends to appear rude because he doesn't say much, polite... at times, very focused and not one to break out of the "social mold", does the best he can in everything he does, has a deep fear of people, obedient and respectful but tends to be rebellious and derisive inside his head, easily embarrassed, humble

Spot: Blacksmith

Skill(s): smithing, he knows a little bit about some of the other types of smithing (gold smithing, silver smithing, etc.), naturally defensive abilities that he doesn't know about

Weapon(s): he doesn't do much with weapons, even though he can make quite a few. If he had to choose he'd probably use a blunt, bludgeoning tool, but only because he doesn't know how to use anything else

Background: Since his father was a blacksmith, he was expected to become one as well. However, while he did enjoy working at a forge, he felt that there was more for his life. He always felt like there was something missing, something he was supposed to be doing, but he didn't know what. When his mother died when he was twelve, his father took to drinking, leaving Felix to take care of the house and the forge. He took on most of the work his father had been doing, still struggling with that strange emptiness, which only seemed to grow now that his mother was absent from his life.

Other: 

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Krista the Key

Front sm

cutewolf230

Name : Abigail (name means father's joy, it's often given to ladies maids in literature) Fox 

Appearance : Long Dark brown hair. Sharp dark blue eyes with a hint of silver. Pale from working in a house all day long, but her skin is dark (like Latina dark). She only goes out to get water and food from the market. A bit smaller than average. Soft hands. Wears a black and white maid outfit. White stockings and black shoes. Currently has some bruises on her back from being beaten. 

Personality : Calm. Quiet. She doesn't talk much. Humble. She wants to be like the Huntress, but can't because of what her job is. Rebellious on her off day. When she does talk, her voice is soft and she is usually pardoning her self, or accepting an order. She isn't social. Smart. Quick on her feet. Hates being yelled at or beaten. She wanted to be the Healer's Apprentice. 

Spot : Servant 

Skills : Caring for people, carrying heavy things, unknown defensive abilities and doesn't know about her good reflexes

Weapon (s) : She doesn't have any, but I think she would use a crossbow or an axe.

Background : She was orphaned at a young age. The Duke's family took her in, but decided to have her be a servant instead of a healer's Apprentice as she wanted. Every time she does something wrong, the daughters would beat her, but after the mother and her fellow servants would treat her wounds. She struggles with keeping the secret about how she is treated. 

Other : 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

Front sm

moonlightsunrise37

Can I have the last spot?

• Posted at:

The butterfly’s end

is 

the caterpillar’s beginning 

Front sm

snakedancing13

It's all yours, Cara. As soon as we get all the forms in, we can begin.

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Krista the Key

Front sm

snakedancing13

B-u-m-p........ BUMP!!!

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Krista the Key

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Branch: Tomas

Is it too late to join?

• Posted at:

Ghostsurfer1 aka Ghostbrigadier1 aka Investigatecorpral1  

CoolSyrup

HEY, SMART THAT YOU WOULD HIGHLIGHT MY SIG. MY MB B-DAY IS MARCH 12.

Front sm

moonlightsunrise37

Name: Christoper

Appearance: brown hair, brown eyes, tall, and handsome

Personality: POVed

Spot: Duke

Skill(s): writing, fighting

Weapon(s): sword

Background: POVed

Other: nah

• Posted at:

The butterfly’s end

is 

Front sm

snakedancing13

I'm sorry, but it is to late to join. If one of the others doesn't post their form in time, then maybe you can take their character. 

Cara: Would you mind trying to fill out the sections you put "poved" in? I understand if you can't, but it would make things simpler if we knew his personality.

Everyone: Forms must be in by the end of the week. If their is a complication and you cannot post your form, please inform me. If you cannot inform me, there will be a two day grace period. Povs will begin after all forms have been submitted.

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Krista the Key

Front sm

moonlightsunrise37

I'll try...

• Posted at:

The butterfly’s end

is 

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Name: Andreas (Ann-DRAY-us) Badger (everyone just calls him Badger)
Appearance: Dark hair (nearly black) (just above the shoulders) in a man-bun with some loose strands from working, forest-green eyes with darker speckles, deeply tanned skin from being outside 24/7, muscled and broad-shouldered, tall, calloused hands and feet, scars all over his skin from training and fighting, white and straight teeth and a very sweet smile, sharp jawline, clean-shaven, a couple dark freckles on his nose that are impossible to see unless you are literally right in front of him. Sleeve-less olive tunic (with brown embroidery) to mid-calves over off-white dress-shirt with sleeves rolled to elbows, brown pants, black combat boots that are scuffed and worn but very sturdy, leather-handled longsword with an oval diamond on the hilt, dirk on the other side of belt, wears necklace with a wolf-tooth under shirt.
Personality: Athletic, energetic, fun-loving, a bit mischievous and rebellious, very well-liked (especially by the ladies), has a hard time focusing on anything that isn't sword-fighting, kind and patient, but a little hotheaded at times, fiercely independent, optimistic, has some severe trust issues, but once he trusts you, he will do ANYTHING to keep you safe, fiercely loyal, very social, a little guarded about himself but loves to get to know other people, he has a young heart but an old soul, tends to forget about rules, a bit distracted and forgets little things, tough and protective
Spot: Swordmaster's Son
Skill(s): Sword-fighting (obviously), loves wrestling and swimming (really anything athletic), secretly a really good singer, loves to doodle, great at making friends and meeting people
Weapon(s): Longsword, dirk, not bad with a crossbow, good with his fists
Background: When Andreas was five, both his parents were killed by thieves on their way to visit family. Andreas and his nine-year-old sister, Winnifred, were sent to live with their widowed aunt, but she was cruel and abusive and the siblings ran away a year later. One day, Winnie went out begging and ended up getting arrested for stealing bread. When she didn't return that night, Andreas went out looking for her. He heard her singing through the window of the jail and he sneaked in. She tearfully told him to run and that she would find him someday. He obeyed, bringing the little belongings he had. On the third day of his travels he fainted by the side of the road from starvation, dehydration, and exhaustion. He would have died, had he not been found by Emmanuel Thorn, the swordmaster of a neighboring town, as he came home from a festival. Emmanuel nursed Andreas back to health, but it was a while before he gained the boy's trust. Andreas repeatedly tried to sneak out, but when he was ten, he finally accepted Emmanuel as his father. However, Andreas kept his last name as a token of respect for his lost family.
Other: Andreas has very serious trust issues, mainly with adults, due to his past. He also feels guilty because he thinks the loss of Winnifred was his fault.

And, can he have a crush on Abigail? ;) 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

snakedancing13

Mickey: I read his name and a strange thrill ran through my body. I just love that name. I'm like grinning so hard my face hurts. This is gonna be AWESOME!!!

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Krista the Key

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Awwwwww!!!!!! Thank you!!!! :D :D :D I spent a really long time on it. XD Now I'M grinning so hard!!

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

onyxwolf284

I CAN'T WAIT TO POV. LIKE, SRSLY.

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

cutewolf230

@Mickey : Sure

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

Front sm

cutewolf230

Bump.

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

Front sm

winterfrost107

Name: Aldrenari Halverson
Appearance: long fiery red hair, pale skin, freckles, blue eyes and she's about 5'6"
Personality: she has a complicated personality, if she trusts you she'll be extremely loyal but it takes a long time to gain that trust, she's quite stubborn and doesn't like admitting when she's wrong but eventually she'll come around and apologize probably when you least expect it.
Spot: Hunter
Skill(s): archery, navigating and she can fight a little 
Weapon(s): bow and arrow and two dagger
Background: When she was about eight her mom died. After her mom's death there was no one left in her family that actually cared about her. Eventually her brother and father threw her out and she lived on the streets for a while before becoming a hunter. She still wears a sapphire necklace that her mom gave her before she died.
Other:

• Posted at:

Staof Nohr

#ProudChristian

#RememberSphin

"I never wanted a prince or a fairy tale. I never wanted a big life. I'm just a girl struggling to be Ordinary." - Agatha of Woods Beyond

Front sm

snakedancing13

Since all the forms are in, we may begin poving.

(Cara: I would still prefer if you could elaborate more on your character, so if you could get that done soon, that would be great.)

Introduction:

The Throne Room was engulfed in the washes of chaos. Pages and messengers ran about the room without method, delivering hastily scratched messages to the lords scattered around the great table. Knights in half-armour were caught up in the tide of panic, whispering or shouting changes in the plot when they could. The lords themselves were in a world of their own, apart from the clamor around them, but still very much in their own fear. There were nearly fifteen of them in the room, five the rulers of fiefs, the rest advisers or commanders in the armed forces. 

"My lord," Lord Dukehurst (this is Christopher's father) said. "We cannot allow these rebels the acquiescence we have already given them so far. We must strike back."

"Despite your urging, Lord Dukehurst, we do not have the men or arms to do what you suggest." This was Lord Worthing, General of the King's armies, speaking now.

"If you would stop waisting them on the borders, then we might be able to settle the unrest in the cities."

"You can't deny the presence of the Shadow, Dukehurst. Phelidom and Carle have already fallen to their wiles, you don't think that we would still be here if not for my efforts."

"Your efforts, General? I've yet to see the product of your efforts. In fact, all I've seen is a growing suspicion that you are siding with this so called Shadow."

The General and Dukehurst most likely would have come to blows if the King had not interceded.

"Silence, both of you. I am well aware of both the threats at our borders and within them. What I need you to do is find a way to stop them before they tear this country apart."

Both lords, reasonably humble now, gave a scraping bow and attempted to be more dilomatic. 

Again, the King was thrown into a torrent of information. The army's rations were growing short. A battle near the border of Isendale had stirred up trouble with their icy neighbors and they were now required to send food and supplies to compensate for the losses Valeria had supposedly caused. Strange fires in the Plathen Fief were beginning rumors of witches or rebels in the area There were tales of unrest throughout the kingdom. Uncountable deaths at the hands of rebels and Shadow alike. Stories were circulating that the King would no longer be able to hold off the Darkness pressing at their borders and that it was only a matter of time before the forces of Shadow threw themselves against Valeria. Some were whispering that the fires in Plathen were actually caused by the training of a new Flameholder, or the rebirth of an old one. That was the only bit of hope the people could hold onto, though it was a small one.

"We don't believe the rumor is true, though, my lord."
"Let the people believe it, though."
"But sir--"
"Let them have at least that small light, Tarlen."
"Yes my lord. Moving on, we need--"

There was a commotion at the door.

"My lord, we bring word of your son."

The King shifted his attentions immediatly, waving aside Lord Tarlen and bringing the messenger forward. There were two other men with him, all with solemn faces and eyes hollow with lack of sleep.

"What of him, Yolen." the King said.

"It is not good, my lord. His forces were defeated at the bridge of Ruslow. He managed to escape with a hand full of men, but was badly wounded. They were pursued by the attackers and the Prince attempted to take the Flame."

Yolen lowered his head.

"It burned in him long enough that he spared his men, but at the cost of his life. He instructed one of his men to bring the Flame back to Cordibus."

The King's eyes fell to the long bundle in Yolen's hands. With shaking fingers, he pulled the cloth away revealing a staff of wood that looked as if it had been burned, yet survived blaze, with two crystalline rocks at the ends. 

The King held the staff, appraising it with a look of awe and bitterness.

"What use is the Flame without the Holder, though." he mumbled beneath his breath.

"There have been rumors, my lord, of the Flames returning."

The King looked up at the knew speaker, one of the men who had entered with Yolen.

"Such as the FlameHolder in Plathen? Forest fires are hardly signs of returning heroes, Swordmaster (Andreas' dad)."

"That is true, sire, but these rumors of FlameHolders rising up are not quite as far fetched as they seem."

The King looked into the Lore Keeper's dark eyes.

"As we know from the books of Lore, the FlameHolders were known to posses an uncanny skill at warfare. Stories of people possessing skills beyond their training have been circulating throughout the kingdom. Such as Huntsman Aubert's young apprentice, Aldrenari. I have seen her skill with a bow, which is as good as, if not better, than Aubert's himself."
"Just because a girl has good aim doesn't mean she's a FlameHolder." The King retorted with a half hidden snarl.
"My lord, I do not think you quite understand. Aldrenari has more than just "good aim". Her ability to fight is far beyond the average. When I witnessed her skill at archery, she was in the act of waylaying a band of thieves, most of which were twice her size. There were twelve to begin with, and only one managed to come out of the encounter mildly conscious."

The King was taken aback.
"Twelve you say? How old is she?"
"Barely sixteen, my lord."

"How can this be?"

"There is only one reason I could think of to make her situation plausible." 

The four were silent for a moment, before the Lore Keeper continued.

"But the girl isn't the only one who has drawn my attention. Andreas Badger, your son, Emmanuel."

Emmanuel blinked rapidly. 
"Andreas?" he said. "But how?"

"I'm surprised you didn't see it yourself. He's only eighteen, yet he can defeat any challenger, whether he has a sword in his hand or not. Even when he was only a child he showed more potential than your older students."

"I thought- I've been training him since he came into my care. I thought that must have been why. But you're saying..."

"He would have learned those skills on his own."

"Are you certain of this, Lore Keeper?" the King interjected.

"As certain as I can be."
"But if there are two, then where are the other three?"

The Lore Keeper shrugged slightly.

"They could be about anyway, but I have a feeling that we will find them closer to the heart of the problem, as always was the nature of the FlameHolders."

"Heart of the... You mean they're here? In Cordibus?" Yolen said, stunned.

"I believe they either are here, or they are coming. Drawn by their entwined fates."
The King stood from his throne, and turned to Emmanuel.
"Go and search the city. Anyone who has even the slightest potential to be one of the Five must be brought to the castle immediatly. I don't care who they are or where they come from, as long as we find them. Yolen, I need you to personally find this Aldrenari. The Lore Keeper will help you in whatever you need for your search."

"Yes, my lord." the three men said in unision, and set off on their separate quests.

The King looked to the domed ceiling, feeling a sense of hope he hadn't felt in a long time.

---------------

A little clarification, since this might have been confusing.

Yolen is basically the King's right-hand-man. He's the most trusted knight in the king's employ.

Emmanuel is Andreas' adopted father and the castle Swordmaster, promoted to that position a few years ago.

The Lore Keeper is basically the librarian. He keeps track of the history of Valeria.

---------------

Also, for your povs, just give us an example of your characters life then how they are discovered.

I don't have time for anything else, so I'll leave at "if you have any question, ask."

~Krista~

I don't have time to do anything else, so I'll just leave at 

• Posted at:

Krista the Key

Front sm

onyxwolf284

I literally just squealed. XD XD I am soooooooo excited!!! :D

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

cutewolf230

Abigail : 

"You always mess up!" Diana shouted. 

I shrunk, my eyes downcast. We were in a crowd of people, the people overlooking. Near the blacksmith's shop. I been there to retrieve Diana's special cup. There had been a slight mistake when I had told the blacksmith what I needed, and had gotten a jug instead. Diana glared down at me, her fist raised. It came down. My eyes shut. I waited to feel her fist hit me. It didn't hit. The people around me gasped. I opened my eyes to see her fist caught in a hand. My hand. Everyone around me was suprised, as well as Diana and I. Instead of dropping her fist, I pushed her forward. 

Suddenly angry, I shouted, "Why do you hate me!" 

Diana didn't reply. 

"I haven't done anything to you! You're the one who told them that I should be the servant! I thought you would be a great adopted sister!" Angry tears flowed down my cheeks. "I thought you would act like my real sister! I thought you cared about me!" 

A strangled "I'm sorry," came from where she was. 

"You're sorry? Since when! You never said sorry before. Now I'm yelling at you, so you say sorry. I hate you! You only cared about yourself. EVERYTIME you hurt me, you never said sorry!" I shouted. 

I had gotten everything out of my system. I turned tail, and ran. 

-------------------------------------------- 

It had turned night by the time I headed back. The streets were dim. I felt like someone was watching me. I shook the feeling off, and headed to the house. When I was in front of it, something black exploded out of the bushes. The thing/person tackled me to the ground. Kicking, I grabbed around for a rock. I couldn't find one, and therefore had to rely on my fists. I struck as hard as I could. He rolled over and I rolled away and got up. Then jumping on him before he could get up, I made sure he was not able to move, but his feet hooked behind my neck, and brought me down. With my hands not immobilized, I punched him in the stomach. Shouting for help, I immobilized him until proper authorities could arrive. The door if the mansion flew open behind me. Lord Dukehurst stepped out. He rushed to me and helped me keep the man down. Soon, the authorities arrived. After they left, Lord Dukehurst pulled me inside. His eyes looked angry. Immediately thinking he would yell at me, I shrunk. 

"Do you know how bad you made our family look today?" He asked. 

I shook my head. 

"Everyone in town is mad at our family." Lord Dukehurst began. 

I waited for the harsh words. 

"But you made the town aware that our family isn't perfect like it's thought to be. It made them realize we are like any normal family. But most important, you weren't hurt again." Lord Dukehurst pulled me into a hug. 

I cried into his shoulder. 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

Front sm

snakedancing13

Great POV Luana! I absolutely loved it! 

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Krista the Key

Front sm

cutewolf230

*bows head and blushes* Thanks :) 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

Front sm

snakedancing13

Felix's PoV

Living in Cordibus was a unique experience. No where in all of Vileria was there any place as diverse and exquisite as the great Heart of the country. The architecture was reminiscent of ancient days, before the birth of the Shadow, and the towering castle at the very center of the entwining maze of streets and buildings was the epoch of culture and protection. It spoke in its silent way of all the power to be found there, of the secrets and mysteries that protected our great nation.

But through all this beauty and marvel, there was still the ominous accent of darkness. There were sad faces at the windows and scrawny children on the streets. The starving and thirsty walked the alleys and backways, hoping to find a scrap to eat and praying they would not be met by the thieves that roamed those shadows. However, it was out in the open that the true depravity of this great city becomes obvious. On the street market, you could see the clear distinction between the upper class and the lower class. At the shops you were met by scarcely disguised rudeness and condescension. While walking you were shuffled aside like so much dust to ignor. The interaction between the nobles and the commoners made stark the reality of the city's predicament, caught between the rebels within and the Shadows without.

These thoughts went through my mind as I watched a young noblewoman scream at her servant. The servant in question had done nothing worthy of such attention. Yet the young woman continued to shriek her disdain.

"You always mess up!" she cried in a falsetto that could shatter tempered glass. 

The servant shrunk back, as if dreading the shrieking would turn to blows. And the dreaded thing did come, crashing down with all the anger pent up inside of the spoiled girl.

A gasp rose from the crowd when in a flash of motion, the servant caught the descending fist and pushed it away with enough force to cause the noblewoman to step back. The crowd was aghast. How could a small, disheveled servant such as this dare to stand up to her betters? It was unthinkable, against everything the people of Cordibus had been taught.

I saw tears begin to form in the servant's eyes. "Why do you hate me? I haven't done anything to you! You're the one who told them I should be the servant! I thought you would be a great adopted sister! I thought you would act like my real sister! I thought you cared about me!"

I couldn't hear the noble woman's reply but she took a slight step away from the fuming servant. This situation was developing farther than I had expected.

"You're sorry? Since when! You never said sorry before. Now I'm yelling at you, so you say sorry. I hate you! You only cared about yourself. EVERY TIME you hurt me, you never said sorry!" 

And then she ran. I had the urge to pursue the poor girl, to make sure she would be alright. I doubted her mistress would allow her a peaceful sleep tonight. However, I lost my chance when a customer entered my shop.

I turned to the man. He was tall and thin with grey hair tied in a scholars braid at the back of his neck. On his hip he wore a long blade encrusted in small amber stones. HIs face was tanned and leathery from exposure to the elements and his clothes were dusty from obvious travel.

"You're the blacksmith?" 

I nodded. I had given up calling myself the apprentice long ago.

The man seemed skeptical for a moment. He peered though the grime and soot covering my clothes and face, obviously searching for some sort of discrepancy in my silent reply. When satisfied that I did appear to be a blacksmith, he moved away from the door and farther into the shop. The walls were decorated with shields and axes and other bladed weapons. There was a barrel of swords in one corner beside a table displaying common-wares such as iron bowls and cups or kettles. As he perused the wares he came across a short sword. He lifted it from its place and scrutinized the blade, the laid it back where he had found it.

"Did you make all of these?" he inquired, admiring a scythe on the far wall.

"Yes."

"Where did you learn?"

"My father taught me."

"Ah, is the man here now?"

I cleared my throat, preparing to make the general excuse.

"He's not available."
"Why? Is he busy?"

"No, he just can't be disturbed at the moment."

"Hmm. Well, tell him he has avisitor, noentheless."

I shifted my feet awkwardly. In all truth, my father was still passed out from his nightly excursion. I didn't want to wake him because he had a tendency to be... violent when disturbed. 

"What are you standing around for? Go get him, boy."

I nodded, then hurried up the stairs at the back of the room.

My father's room was dark with not even a candle lit. I stepped into it, brushing aside an empty bottle with my foot. It clattered against another bottle then rolled noiselessly under the bed.

There was a grunt from that general area.

"Felix? What are you doing? Why aren't you at the forge?" my father's gruff voice greeted me.

"There's a man here to see you."
"Tell him I'm busy."

"I tried. He is very insistent that he talk to you now."

There was a grumbling from the darkness then the creak as a great weight was placed on the floor. A flickering light appeared from the bed and my father's face became visible. His hair and beard were a ratty mess framing his bloodshot eyes and sallow skin. He didn't look as if he had slept well

"Whatcha standin' around for, boy? Get back to work while I talk to the gentleman."

I nodded earnestly and made my way down the stairs followed shortly by my father.

As the two talked, I busied myself with the forge, drowning out their voices as I hammered pieces of smoldering metal. The heat of the fire caused beads of sweat to form on my brow. I paused a moment to wipe them away with my shirtsleeve. As I looked up to do this, I saw my father standing in the doorway, a peculiar look on his face.

"What did the man want?" I asked, setting the hammer on the anvil.

"I... don't know."

I frowned slightly and looked in my father's eyes.

"Did you know him?"
"Never seen him before in my life."

My frowned deepened. That was strange. I thought back to the pieces he had looked at, the short sword and the scythe.  He hadn't really seemed like he was here to buy something. 

"What did you talk about?"

"Nothing really. He asked about some of the stuff in the shop, then he said he might come back later. I asked him when he thought to come by again, and he said sometime after dark. Then he left." My father shrugged. "It was the strangest thing."

Indeed, it was.

The rest of the day passed without incident. I continued to work at the forge. A few times some people came in, asking after items they had commisioned. By the time it was nightfall, I had almost finished an ax. I was just putting the finishing touching on when I heard the door open. I stuck the metal head in a barrel of water, listening to it hiss. Then I wiped the grime off my hands and went to see who had come in at this time.

At first, I expected to see the man from that morning, but I was instead greeted by five heavily armed men clad in black. The tallest of the group wore a bronze token with the symbol of a fist etched onto it.

My brows lowered at the sight of them. Rebels.

"Get out." I said. "Get out before I alert the authorities."

One of the rebels laughed. 

"Alert the authorites? And how are you going to do that?"
I quickly stepped back into the back room and rooted around for a suitable weapon. At this time of night, the patrol guards were probably half way down the street. The light from my shop wouldn't be seen as conspicuous seeing as I had a habit of working late into the night. And by the time anybody realized something was wrong, the rebels would be long gone.

I heard the men clattering through the wares behind me and searched faster. Although I could make about any weapon, I had next to no idea how to use it. At last, I grabbed a half finished sword I had set aside and spun around to meet my attackers.

-------------

I'll have to finish the rest tomorrow. 

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Krista the Key

Front sm

winterfrost107

I'll try to POV soon.

• Posted at:

Staof Nohr

#ProudChristian

#RememberSphin

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Andreas Badger

I wiped the sweat off my face with a wet cloth and took a long drink from my water flask. My hair was plastered to my scalp and my arms ached, but my practice wasn't over yet. I picked up my longsword, falling into the same routine I know so well. Stray pieces of straw fall from the practice scarecrow as I slice, jab, and thrust. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a girl carrying empty buckets down the road. She was a servant to the Duke's family; Abigail Fox. I'd met a lot of girls in my life, but she was the prettiest one I'd ever seen. She had long dark brown hair and sharp blue eyes. She was gorgeous. Not to mention strong as an ox.
    I stabbed my sword in the ground and jumped the fence, running to meet her.
    "Hey, Abigail," I said, falling in step beside her.
    "I assume you abandoned your tunic just to show off," she replied sharply, still looking forward.
    My ears grew red. "No, it's not that, I promise. I was just training and- here, let me carry those for you." I went to take her buckets, but she flinched away.
    "I'm managing just fine on my own, thank you." Her voice was colder than winter.
    "You deserve a break, really. I don't mind." I grabbed the bucket closest to me, but she gasped and swung the other straight into my face. I crumpled to the ground, holding my bleeding nose.
    "Sorry," I muttered.
    "You should be," she snapped and kept going. I watched as she left, grinning like a mad man despite the throbbing pain in my face.
    I shook my head, chuckling softly. "She's fantastic."
    "Ah, look what happens when a Badger finds a Fox," a familiar voice teased. My best mate, Hagen, approached me and helped me to my feet. "Didn't go so well, eh?"
    I nodded. "She's a feisty little devil, that one. But I'll get through to her some day."
    "Probably didn't help that you're half-naked." He grinned broadly.
    "Come off it, Hagen." I punched him in the arm. Then I felt the hand covering my face become wet. "Do you have a handkerchief?" My nose was bleeding heavily now.
    He shook his head. "There is no way I'm letting you get blood on my handkerchief. Mum would kill me."
    I gave him a look. "Thanks." We began walking back to my home, but were stopped by a group of excited girls, all with long curls and delicate faces.
    "Hi, Badger," they all giggled.
    "Hello, ladies, how are you doing?"
    "Absolutely lovely," a brunette named Rosemary said dreamily.
Valentina, a very short and petite blonde with big green eyes, noticed the hand covering my nose was red with blood and she pulled out her white lace handkerchief without batting a perfect gold eyelash.
    "Badger, what happened?" she asked kindly. "Take my handkerchief."
    I held up my other hand. "No, it's all right, I'm fine. But thank you very much, Tina." My nickname made her blush deeply as she put her handkerchief away.
    "He got hit in the face with a bucket," Hagen explained, nudging me. I could tell he was trying not to laugh.
    I silently groaned. The girls all gave sympathetic, "Ohhhs".
    "You poor thing," Penelope said. "Badger, we were wondering if you'd like to go to the lake with us. We're having a picnic this afternoon and thought to invite you. You as well, Hagen."
    "We would love to." I smiled, causing another wave of giggles.
    Suddenly, a freckled girl with flaming red hair in braids and sharp blue eyes to match approached the group of girls, shooing them away.
    "All right, that's enough admiring for today. Badger's not going anyway. You ladies, on the other hand, are. Far away."
    With disappointed sighs, the girls began to file out.
    "Bye, Badger," Valentina said sweetly as she passed. I winked at her and she nearly fainted, her cheeks filling with color.
    I turned to the redhead. She had been my friend, along with Hagen, since I moved into town. Her name was Piper Castella.
    "You are such an obnoxious flirt," she said, shaking her head.
    I grinned. "You know you love me."
   She rolled her eyes. "Just move." As we began walking, she pulled my hand away from my face to reveal my swollen nose. It, along with my hand, was slick with red.
    "Let me guess," she pretended to be thoughtful. "Abigail Fox? Hmm, big surprise. Badger, you do know she wants you just about as much as the king wants to be poor and hungry."
    "How do you know what the king wants?" I looked at her teasingly. She flicked me in the eye, causing Hagen to laugh. We got to my house and went inside. My father, Emmanuel Thorn, was inside, writing a letter at the table. A terrified look crossed his face when he saw me.
   "Good heavens, Andreas, what happened to you?"
    "He got hit in the face with a bucket. Held by a girl." I had a feeling Hagen would be telling this story a lot today; he was loving every second of it.
   My father's expression went from scared to exasperated in the blink of an eye. "Why am I not even surprised." He sighed.
   "We'll clean him up, Mr. Thorn," Piper offered.
   "Thank you, Ms. Castella. There are old rags you can use outside." He returned to his writing. We went out in the back and Piper shoved me to the grass. Hagen filled a bucket with water while she got the rags. Piper was feisty and loved to beat me up, but she had a tender side that knew when to be gentle, so I was grateful for her softness as she cleaned the blood from my face. Her parents were both doctors.
    "You're lucky it's not broken," she said matter-of-factly.
    "Yeah, but it's gonna be a nasty bruise."
    "The things people are willing to do for love," Hagen teased.
    "When are you going to give up trying to win her heart?" Piper asked.
    I winced as she dabbed my nose. "Not until I do."
    "Badger, she obviously doesn't like you even in the slightest. What makes you think you you'll succeed?"
    "I'm charismatic, charming, and maddeningly irresistible." I winked.
Piper gave a frustrated groan and shoved a clean rag in my mouth. "Hagen, make sure that stays in there."
    "With pleasure," he replied, holding my arms behind me.
    I tried to protest, but it was muffled. Even when Piper was finished, she led me my father's storage shed and her and Hagen bound my legs and wrists tightly.
    She knelt in front of me and held up my chin so I was looking at her electric eyes. "Hopefully this'll teach you what happens to self-centered boys like you." She tapped me softly on the nose and left with Hagen, the two of them laughing.
<><><>
    When I finally got free, it was afternoon and I had to hurry to find a shirt, say goodbye to my father, and leave to the lake. When I got there, I saw the girls eating sandwiches and drinking tea. Hagen and Piper sat on the dock together a little ways off, their feet in the water.
    "Hi, Badger!" they all squealed.
    "Hey, girls, sorry I'm late. I got a bit- tied up." I glanced at my friends. They had turned around and were grinning broadly at me.
    "That's all right," Rosemary chirped, handing me a sandwich. "We're glad you could come."
    "Yeah, thank you." I made my way to the dock and sat next to Hagen. "I hate you two."
    They burst out laughing.
    "That's what friends are for," Piper said.
<><><>
    I said goodbye to the girls and Hagen, Piper, and I began walking to town. When I opened my door, I gasped. It looked as if a tornado had blown through. The table and chairs were overturned and the drawers and cupboards were raided as if someone was looking for something. My father's sword was one the ground, the blade shattered, and my father himself was nowhere to be seen. Spots of blood were scattered everywhere.
    I turned to face my friends. Piper was covering her mouth with her hands, her eyes wide. Hagen was in just as much shock as I.
    "Badger," he said. "Where's your father?"
    "He's right here," a gruff voice replied.
    We whipped around to see a group of tall, muscular men dressed in black. One of them was holding my father by the back of his shirt, a knife to his neck and his hands tied behind him. It appeared that they had beat him mercilessly. His left eye was swollen shut and blood and bruises covered his body.
    "Run, Andreas," he whispered shakily. "Run." He let out a whimper as the man pushed the knife harder.
    "Quiet."
    "What do you want from us?" I asked, sounding a lot braver than I felt.
    "Come with us and no one has to die," the leader hissed.
    Looking at my wounded father, I felt adrenaline coursing through my veins. "I'm not going anywhere with you." I ran forward and began beating the man. Punching and kicking any part I could get. However, he stood like a statue, staring at me, a hint of amusement in his eyes. I looked up at him and felt my knees grow weak. He pulled out his sword and slammed the hilt right on my head. The last thing I heard was Piper's scream and then everything went black.

Ahh! Hope it was okay! :) It's a little rushed. I have lots to do today.

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

snakedancing13

*grins widely* *squeals*

I LOVED it!!! Oh my goodness, Andreas is so adorable.

Keep up up the epicness everyone!!!

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Krista the Key

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Aww thank you!! :D :D :D

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

cutewolf230

@Krista : Should I POV her going to the palace? 

Abigail : 

Lord Dukehurst allowed me to eat a little. His wife sat down at the table with me. 

"Abigail, how was your day, except for you know..." She left the last part out. She grasped my hand and squeezed it. 

"Good." I spoke softly, thinking of something from this morning. "I ran into Andreas Badger." 

She tilted her head, "Oh?" 

"He wanted to help me carry the buckets. I didn't let him, and caused him to have a bloody nose. I had, ... accidently, hit him with the bucket." I told her.

-------

I finish it later, just until I know what to do.   

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

Front sm

cutewolf230

Abigail : 

Lord Dukehurst allowed me to eat a little. His wife sat down at the table with me. 

"Abigail, how was your day, except for you know..." She left the last part out. She grasped my hand and squeezed it. 

"Good." I spoke softly, thinking of something from this morning. "I ran into Andreas Badger." 

She tilted her head, "Oh?" 

"He wanted to help me carry the buckets. I didn't let him, and caused him to have a bloody nose. I had, ... accidently, hit him with the bucket." I told her.

-------

Later, Lord Dukehurst led me and and his son, Christopher, to the blacksmith shop. He told us we were going to go on a trip, and would need weapons to protect ourselves. We arrived, and the lights were still on. We entered, and saw three huge men in black. Felix was facing them, but he was gravely outnumbered. Dukehurst pulled out his sword. 

"Stay behind me!" He said, looking at the two of us behind him. 

As soon as he had spoke, I knew what would happen if we did. The Lord Dukehurst would be hurt badly, and we would be as well. 

"Come on Christopher." I urged. 

I darted out from behind, and in the process, grabbed a long sword. I had no idea how to use it, but I soon fell into a pattern, which was similar to how Andreas trained. Suddenly, I realized the Rebels weren't just here at the blacksmith shop. I looked over to Christopher. He and Felix were back to back facing off against the rebels. I knew he, Felix, and Dukehurst could stand their own. 

"Christopher! I have to go to the Swordmaster's!" I shouted. 

I whipped around, and ran out of the blacksmith shop. I headed down the road. I reach the Swordmaster's houhouse. I entered, and found blood splattered around the place. Was I too late? Then I spotted Piper, and Hagen, Andreas' friends. 

"Abigail! You have to leave! The rebels are still here!" Piper shouted to me. 

"I may only be a servant, but I won't let anyone hurt the people of my town." I said. 

My eyes drifted, and I saw Andreas just ... laying there. My breath caught. What had happened? A chuckle came from the other side of the room. My eyes went up. Three, huge, looming men were holding Emanuel Thorn, the Swordmaster. 

"A servant? What are you going to do to us?" The one on the side mocked. 

I bit my lip to keep the growl from escaping my lips. I launched at them, twisting in midair and hitting the one holding Thorn. He dropped Thorn, and I sliced at the guy. He blocked it with his own sword. He pushed me away. I attacked the other rebels, and got both down in surprisingly ten minutes. I had never trained with a sword, and was very surprised. 

A blow hit my stomach. I was launched into the air and fell down, hard. I lost my breath. The final rebel loomed over me, a leering smile on his face. Was this my end? 

------- (Sorry, had to skip a bit, I had no idea how to end that scene) 

I fell asleep in the carriage ride. In my dream, a beautiful woman was sitting next to a bed, tucking a little girl who looked like me in. Her lips were moving. I tiptoed closer. 

Hush now my Storeen

Close your eyes and sleep
Waltzing the waves
Diving the deep
Stars are shining bright
The wind is on the rise
Whispering words of long lost lullabies
Oh won't you come with me
Where the moon is made of gold
And in the morning sun
We'll be sailing
Where the ocean meets the sky
And as the clouds roll by
We'll sing the song of the sea
I had a dream last night
And heard the sweetest sound
I saw a great white light and dancers in the round
Castles in the sand
Cradles in the trees
Don't cry, I'll see you by and by
And in the morning sun
We'll be sailing
Rolling
Rolling
Rolling
Rolling

And in the morning sun
We'll be sailing free

The song was so familiar, I started singing along. Then the scene disappeared, and was replaced by the little girl being ushered out of the house. Flames were rising. The girl shouted, saying something about losing a locket. The girl rushed off. I followed her. She was searching on the floor. Her hand grasped something. She tried to get up, but the smoke was too thick. She made it through the door before collapsing. I felt scared, but it felt so familiar. Then the scene was again replaced, this time with a police officer telling the girl her parents had died in the fire trying to find her. Then telling her that Lord Dukehurst would be taking her in. 

Then I woke up, sweat dripping down my face. That was my past. That was why I had no parents. They had died. I closed my eyes, and pulled the doors of my mind shut. I would never let anyone see me hurt. Which was why I always refused Andreas. I didn't want to hurt again. I opened my eyes, but stared out the window, ignoring everyone else in the carriage. 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

Front sm

onyxwolf284

So are the rebels good or bad? Like are they trying to stop the Flameholders or help them get their powers?

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

cutewolf230

@Mikey : Your POV for Andreas was good! 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! :D

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

snakedancing13

Mickey: The Rebels are bad. They want to take over the kingdom, and they don't care about the cost. The Flameholders, to them, are to powerful to let them live. And the rebel leader is actually being deceived by the Shadow.

Accailia: I loved your pov! Did you write the song, or was it from something? Also, Corduibus, the city in which they are living, is the capital of Vileria, so they aren't really taking a long trip to the castle.

--------------------------------

Felix's PoV

The first rebels attacked in a flurry of motion, jumping over the anvil and launching themselves at me. I batted them away with my sword then stepped back closer to the forge.

"We don't want to fight you, lad." the rebel's leader said. "Just tell us where the Lore Keeper's sword is, and we'll leave ya be."

I clumsily parried another stroke and rolled under the table to the other side. There I was met by another rebel who threw himself at me. I leaped up with the blunt edge of my sword facing my attacker, hitting him hard in the gut. I dashed around him as he doubled over and toward the door, but another rebel blocked my path.

"Come on, lad. Don't do this to yourself. We just need the sword."

"Look, I don't know what you're talking about. I've never commissioned a sword for the Lore Keeper before. Whatever you're looking for, its not here."
With the last word I dove over the still steaming barrel of water and behind a cluster of unfinished weaponry. From there I managed to crawl to a separate exit, one leading to the storage room in the far back. This room was a maze of sharp objects and blunt weaponry. The rebels followed, but I had already retreated to a blind spot at the back of the room.

As they clattered around, throwing tins of nails aside and knocking over tables, they talked.

"This is a waste of time, the kid doesn't know where it is, Gerrard. We should leave him be, there's no way out of here."

"If the Lore Keeper brought the sword here, then he thinks this kid is one of the Flameholders. That or the drunk upstairs, which I find unlikely." 

"The lad's barely more than a boy, how could he be a Flameholder? And he's a blacksmith, he's got no weapons training."
"Well be that as it may, he's still trouble."

They were silent for a moment.

"Flames, I wish we could just have done with this. Do we really need the sword?"
"Look, Hal. I followed that stinking Lore Holder all the way from Plathen. Do you have any idea how hard that was? I was nearly burned to death over a dozen times!"
"I know. You've told me already."
"Well then you know that we do need the sword."
"I just wish this could be easier. Do you even know what it looks like?"

While the were talking I had made my way back to the door. They hadn't bothered to guard it, seeing as I wasn't really a threat. I snuck slowly through it, but just as I thought I could make it without being caught, my foot knocked against a barrel of spears causing them to clatter against eachother.

"Oi! There he is!"
I dashed out the door and made a break for the exit, but again I was trapped by the other three rebels.

"You're not getting away that easily." One of them chuckled.

It was at this time that three people walked through the front door. I recognized the servant girl as the one from this morning, and the other two, a man and a boy, were Lord Dukehurst and his son, Christopher.

In a moment, they lept to my aid, batting aside the rebels with ease. 

Somehow, Christopher and I were forced back to back, whipping our blades from side to side in an effort to fend off the attackers.
The servant shouted something, then ducked out of the shop.

A few moments later, the rebels lay unconscious and bleeding at our feet.

"Master Grey," Lord Dukehurst said in short breaths. "I have a feeling you're going to have to come with us."

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Krista the Key

Front sm

cutewolf230

@Krista : Got it! The song is a lullaby, I listen to it a lot because it is an Irish lullaby, and I'm Irish. I just thought that would suit for her dream scene. 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

Front sm

cutewolf230

Should I send a POV of the group at the castle? 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

1 ,