Front sm

dogyellow1417

Branch: Ekaterina

All right, so I know this seems a little bit random, and I know I haven't posted in a while, but...

*takes deep breath*

I think I might have asperger's.

So, earlier today, I was going on the computer, and sort-of-kind-of-not-really studying for this giant test I have tomorrow when I stumbled upon this thing about down syndrome. So I decided to research autism. More specifically, asperger's.

So I started reading about it, and a lot of it sounded really familiar. So I took this little online test (okay, okay, I know online tests aren't accurate, but hear me out!). It told me that there is a really good chance I might have asperger's, and that I should seek help from a medical professional.

So then I started reading the symptoms. And nodding my head.

Because I do that. And that. And that.

I like retelling the same thing over and over. I often talk until without people getting a word in. I don't understand body language. I am extremely easy to manipulate. I stare at people (and they get creeped out). I don't always like to make eye contact. I am bad at making friends with people my own age. I like rules. I am extremely fascinated by numbers and patterns. I get very obsessed with certain topics.

And more.

Okay, what should I do?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Ellie

Proud Catholic

#LeaveYourMark

Hope

Is the little voice that whispers

"Maybe"

When the rest of the world is screaming

"No!"

Front sm

moonlightsunrise37

-hugs Ellie-

Tell your parents, they'll know what to do

• Posted at:

The butterfly’s end

is 

the caterpillar’s beginning 

Front sm

dancingpenguin87

aka LightningDragon270

Branch: Janus

As someone on the spectrum and as someone who has a brother with autism, I'm happy to help and help educate you!

First of all, do you know if you had any speech delay? For example, I didn't talk until I was 3 years old. If you did have a speech delay, then you probably have autism. If you didn't, you probably have Aspergers. But, please talk to a medical professional. While I do know a lot about this subject, I do not know you personally and I am certainly not a professional who can diagnose you.

Again, I'm so happy to help! Educating people about autism and Aspergers is one of my passions.

• Posted at:

I will miss everyone...

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Remember that things like these are NOT self-diagnosable. It very well could be just a quirk in your personality and there is nothing wrong with that. :) Or it could be part of something less serious. For example, I have generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), but I also show many symptoms associated with social anxiety and ADHD. However, I have neither social anxiety nor ADHD. It just means that those symptoms that could be part of those two are ALSO included in GAD. Get it?

Please talk to your parents and be assertive. Have a moment ALONE with them, telling them you need to talk about something important and sitting down with them. Show and explain to them what concerns you have and don't let them just say "I'm sure it's nothing." If you are really concerned, express this concern. Don't be disrespectful, though. Say calmly, "I'm aware that it could be nothing, I just want to MAKE SURE it's nothing." The biggest tip is to stay clam and relaxed. If you are flippant and inflexible about the situation, they are less likely to consider seeing a medical professional. If you are serious, cool and collected, and open to all possibilities they will be more willing to work with you. :)

Again, do not leave yourself to figure this out. If you need help, ask for help. Good luck!

• Posted at:

mickey. 

no more band-aids on my heartaches.

no more smoke when i burn my pancakes. 

no more drowning in my sorrow. 

with my chin held up there's always better luck

tomorrow. 

Front sm

winterfrost107

Branch: Lucian

-hugs Ellie- I can't say I understand what's going on, because I don't have it personal but I do know someone with it. He's a very close friend of mine. And I'd just like to say, even whether you have it or not, don't think that there's something wrong with you. Because there's nothing wrong with being different.

But I also agree with everyone else that says you should talk to your parents because this is very important.

• Posted at:

Staof Nohr

#ProudChristian

#RememberSphin

"Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back."

"I never wanted a prince or a fairy tale. I never wanted a big life. I'm just a girl struggling to be Ordinary." - Agatha of Woods Beyond

Front sm

moonlightsunrise37

Dessy, yes very close friend -wink wink-

• Posted at:

The butterfly’s end

is 

the caterpillar’s beginning 

Front sm

dragonflying601

Talk to your parents. Show them why you came to think this. Make sure that they take you seriously. If they don't, talk to a doctor. :(

• Posted at:

<♔ ~Leo~ ♔>

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down

I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out

I am brave, I am bruised

I am who I'm meant to be, thi is me

They/them.

#SkylarEmeraldCarmenZoeyDanielLiveOn

#PutIRBack

Front sm

dogyellow1417

Thanks guys!!! :)

Dancingpenguin87: No, I did not have any speech delays. I was actually an early talker. :)

• Posted at:

Ellie

Proud Catholic

#LeaveYourMark

Hope

Is the little voice that whispers

"Maybe"

When the rest of the world is screaming

"No!"

Front sm

dancingpenguin87

aka LightningDragon270

Branch: Janus

Good to know!

Reiterating what was said above: PLEASE TALK TO A DOCTOR. You can get lots of help in school and stuff so you can prosper. I cannot stress this enough.

• Posted at:

I will miss everyone...

Front sm

magicalnectar2

aka AgentOfficer39

Have you heard of second year syndrome or medical students' disease? Basically, in the second year of medical school, students study disorders and diseases. In doing so, a lot of students start to think they have whatever disease/disorder they're learning about, just by reading through the symptoms and stuff...

Sooooooo... If you really want to know if you have asperger's, you should have a professional peep diagnose you. 

• Posted at:

klary 

no bullying pls

mber since 2013