How do you like it?

Front sm

musicspy18

Branch: Janus

~ Lost Girl ~

Prologue

Shadows fell over the trees as three figures moved quietly through the thick forest, their daggers in hand. The moon was high in the clear, night sky and everything was dead quiet around the figures. The only sound that could be heard where the footsteps of the three Lost Boys.
      “I thought this was going to be a short and easy job!” One figure said who was the shortest of them all. “It’s getting late and he’s going to be angry if we don’t get back soon. And it feels like we have been walking around for ages!”
      “Oh shut up Jason! You’re always complaining about something.” The second figure snapped.
      “And what about our weapons?!” Jason whisper-shouted as he held up his dagger at his brother’s face. “These daggers make me feel like we are back into the old age. We live in the 21st century not the Middle Ages, James!”
      “That’s because the guns would have been too loud and they would have left a mess! A mess I don’t want to clean up. And besides, Pan doesn’t want anyone to hear us, you idiot!” James replied.
      “Quiet! Both of you!” The eldest snapped at the other two. “With all your arguing he is going to hear us before we even get close enough to do the job.” He turned back to the other two and held his dagger at their throats. “And do you two want to deal with Pan when we went back to the camp?”
      Both boys shook their heads at him before they all continued on. After about a mile they saw a small, bright light that sent the shadows of the trees around it moving. A small line of smoke rose from it and dissolved into the sky. As the boys got closer they saw a young boy warming his hands by the fire. He was about eleven years old with light brown hair that was cut short. There was a look of fear on his eyes as every once in a while he would look around to see if he was alone or not.
      “There he is.” The eldest whispered.
      Jason rubbed his hands together as a mischievous smile spread across his face. “Oh boy!! This is going to be epic!” He then looked back at the others and held up his dagger. “Now, Hunter?”
      Hunter nodded as they all crept up to the little campsite. The Lost Boy pointed in two different directions to the other two and they all split up to surround the boy. Hunter made his way around the trees ducking every once and a while. He looked over his shoulder to see the others doing the same. Just as Hunter was about to signal his brothers to jump onto the boy, he heard a twig snap.
Hunter flinched as he held his breath. He turned his head to see James staring at him with a look of regret.
      Hunter shook his head as he mouthed the words I am going to kill you!
      “Hello?” The boy called.
      Immediately, as if on cue, all three of the boys stood up and walked to the frightened boy. The boy’s eyes got wide as he saw who was walking towards him. “J-James? Guys? What are you d-doing here?” He stuttered.
      The older boys took a seat around the young one as they smiled at him, like they had all been close, good friends all their lives. Hunter took a seat on the log that the child was sitting on and patted him on the back. “Good to see you again, Ben! It’s been a while, hasn’t it?”
      Ben glanced nervously at the others. When all he saw where the smiles on their faces and he didn’t see any weapons with them he relaxed a little. Jason smirked slightly since he could partly tell what the child was thinking. It wasn’t wise for him to assume he was safe.
      “It has been a while, but I honestly just needed to go away for a while. I think I know why you guys are here.” Ben said.
      James raised an eyebrow. “Really? Why do you think that we are here?”
      “It’s about Pan, isn’t it? I was going to come back home, I just needed a little time on my own.”
Hunter just stared at him as Ben talked some more about how he was doing on his own and as soon as he was ready, he would return to camp. But he was lying. Hunter could see it as well as the others. Ben was always terrible at lying. He would run as soon as the three boys left him and he would try to escape off of the island.
      But that was one of Pan’s rules. No one was allowed to leave his island without his permission. And Ben had never gotten that permission. Hunter slightly nodded to Jason. The Lost Boy smiled and turned back to Ben as stood up with James. “So Ben. I’ve got to know something.” A sly smile crept across his face. “Did you really think that we would believe all of that?”
      Ben’s eyes grew wide with fear as he gazed up at them. “I-I didn’t-ARHH!!”
      He wasn’t able to finish as he fell onto the ground, blood pouring out of his back. As he groaned on the dirt ground, Hunter stood up with a mischievous smirk on his face as he held a dagger with blood stains on it. He wiped the dagger on the ground as the other two Lost Boys lifted the child off of the ground and held him up to look at their leader.
      Hunter got down to look the boy in his terror filled eyes. “Here’s a lesson for you, young one. Once Pan’s. Always Pan’s.” With those last words he plunged his dagger back into the boy, straight into his heart.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

jade.

Stay strong, my lovelies. "Never say Goodbye. Because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting" So this is just I'll see you people later. Maybe in real life one day:)

Front sm

winterfairy70

You should publish this on Wattpad!!!!!! :3

• Posted at:

I am

Valkyrie!

Christian!

4Given!Victorious!Brave!

Runner!Narnian!

Janus!Warior!Musician!

TwinSister!DaughterOfCapAmerica!

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#I'mNotClay

#WeRFamily

#IChooseHAPPY

#RememberClev

#NeverForgetCyra

#TakeTheStand

Queen&GuardianOfLove/Rebellion

Front sm

musicspy18

didn't

Chapter 1: I Nearly Kill Myself

The rain poured hard on New York City as the sounds of sirens and thunder filled the night. The moon was high, but was covered with the many gray clouds that floated in the sky. I partly wasn't so sure that they were clouds. More like smoke that came from the fires and bombs that were always being made. But tonight, no bombs set off.
      This was calm for me and even the whole city.
      I was used to hearing the sound of gunshots, airplanes soaring high looking for alien planes that would fly into their territory and people screaming in terror at whatever was attacking them or even if a building was falling down onto of them.
      War: it time I lived in. And a time that I grew up in.
      I walking down the sidewalk of New York with my hands in the pocket of my jacket and my hoodie pulled over my head to cover my face. Now and then I would have to duck into alleyways, so I wouldn't get caught by any police officer. They always roamed the streets looking for thieves and murderers, even though they stole the will of the people and would murder anyone who would defy them or their leader.
      The leader of our country, President Steel was a man that didn't care about what the people thought, only that they followed him, and helped him win the war. Our leader  much of peaceful man. He did as he pleased, and had fun while doing it. When he should have been helping his country fight a war, he would be off in a secretly build golf course that was deep underground where he could be safe. Though he wasn't a completely lazy man. Since we were at war with the other countries, he had to make alliances where he could so our country could stay alive for as long as we could. The U.S.A had made an alliance with Europe, some of Africa and other countries I don’t remember. I really never paid a lot of attention in History.
      I had just made my latest swipe from a small drug store, a small bag of bread, which really wasn’t much, but you need food to survive. I was sure that the people who owned the store had already called the police on me. I mean, come on. If he hadn’t come out from the back room and seen me taking the bread and a soda can I would have been fine! But events happen and you just have to go with it and hope that you don’t die.
      Was this normal for me? Yes. It happened all the time, but I still hadn’t been caught…yet.
      In this time, the whole world was at war with each other, ready to send some nuclear bombs to their enemies every time they thought of some betrayal from inside or out of their own country. So really, there wasn’t a moment of peace, ever. Also, there was barely any food, mainly because people were always fighting over it, and most of it went to the men that were fighting the war. So I had to find a way to survive and there only is one way to do that. And the orphanage doesn’t really give the children a lot of food anyway.
      Personally I think that the Headmaster keeps all the extra food sent to the orphanage underneath the building for him.
As I walking down the sidewalk, I came to an alleyway that lead even deeper into the city. I turned and walked down that dark path. A couple rats ran across my feet, but I barely even noticed them. I was on the lookout for anyone who would jump me. Alleyways are never safe. There is always someone or something lurking in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to pounce on you, when you weren’t looking.
      Sounds of police sirens came from the roads behind me. I ducked behind a trash bin and waited for them to pass. I looked under the bin and saw several cars racing by with their lights on. They were looking for someone, and I guessed that someone was me. One car stopped and two men came out with flashlights.
      Once I was sure that they were gone, I got up and brushed a rotten, banana peel that had gotten stuck to my leg.
      Ew.
      There was nothing I could to about it though. You were lucky enough to even find food in this city and honestly I was happy with every piece that I got. I started walking even farther down the alley and turned a corner. I wasn’t happy about what I found there waiting for me.
      Ryker and Liam Dent. The two bullies of the alleyways, and one of the most dangerous kids to get into a fight with. They used to live in the orphanage but with all of the trouble that they caused day and night, the Headmaster couldn’t stand another minute with them there and kicked them out. The boys had then lived together in the alleyways always thinking that every alleyway was theirs and they were the kings of them. Ryker was the older brother with dark brown hair, but he like to sneak around in chimneys so he usually had jet black hair. His dark brown eyes bore into you and seem to know your ever fear and wasn’t afraid to use it against you. His little brother Liam was about an inch shorter then he was, with natural black hair. Because he had black hair, he matched his brothers and they sort of looked like twins. Both were dressed in black jeans and a baggy t-shirt. You were able to make a difference between them, because Ryker always wore fingerless gloves that made his look like a biker.
      “Well, well, well,” Ryker said, walking to me. “Look who wondered into our alley.”
      “Hello to you too Rykie,” I said “Now I need to get by, so excuse m-”
      By now, both brothers had blocked my path and had their arms over their chests. “I don’t think so, Trinny. You know there is a fee every time, you want passed us.” Liam said.
      “And you know, I hate the name Rykie” Ryker said with a scowl.
      I smirked at him “Yeah I do know.”
      “And besides, we know that you just made swipe from one of the shops. Didn’t you Trinity? Why don’t you hand it over calmly, and we will let you pass” Ryker said.
      I shook my head “I don’t think so, Rykie. It took me a while to get this. If you want one, you will have to go get it yourself. Not from me”
      I took a swing at them and hit Ryker on this nose. He fell back, dazed. After staring at his older brother, Liam turned on me. He threw himself on top of me and tried to hold me down, so he could pound me to pieces. I struggled against him, but he was strong. My legs were free, so I kicked him from behind. I looked over his shoulder and saw Ryker getting up and heading over to help his brother. If they both were one me, there would be no chance to escape.
     Before they could taking anything on me and beat me up anymore, police sirens sounded again and this time, they were close. Like really, really close.
      Liam got off of me and I jumped up. I saw them both running away like scared kittens who were being scared away by ferocious dogs. I looked back and saw searching lights and heard men shouting. They were coming down this alley!
      I broke out into a run. As I ran faster the footsteps were getting closer. I knew I would be caught if I didn’t take a detour. The city was full of alleyways and crumbled buildings that anyone could hide anywhere. I made a sharp right and started to climb a latter that led to the rooftop.
      Shouts came from behind me and the men followed me into the alley. I tried to get a look at the people who were chasing me. Even though I couldn’t see their faces, they all wore the same white outfits and carried the same black guns.
      Destroyers.
      That’s what people, who were outcasts in the city called them. People who were thieves and ran from the law. People like me.
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t like stealing (that much) but in this world, you have to do whatever it takes if you want to survive. And you don’t want to mess with Destroyers. They are people who work for the ‘government’ in this city. They don’t care who you are or want you have done. All they want is to put people in their place, and that goes the same as their ‘beloved’ leader, President Steel.
      Now where was I? Oh, right. Running for my life.
      As I climbed the ladder, Destroyers started to climb as well. These guys do not give up easily, that is something that you learn quickly. One of them grabbed my leg and I tried to shake him off. Before he pulled my down I kicked him with my other leg and hurried even faster up the ladder. Shots from their guns fired. and I dodged them as best I could. One almost hit my shoulder, but it missed by an inch. Once I was at the top, I didn’t look back. I just kept running. That was kind of a bad move. The Destroyers could just climb up all the way and then start to shot at me again. And this time, they might not miss.
      But strangely, they didn’t follow me. I was about to stop and wonder why, when I looked back and saw a Destroyer coming up onto the roof, with a gun in his hand.
      Never mind about them not following me anymore. I broke out into another run. This chase was going to be taken to the roof.
      I came to the end of the roof and jumped onto the next one. I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't running for my life. I landed on the roof and kept running. Bullets were fired and I dodged them. But doing that, I tripped over a pipe that was sticking out on the roof. I fell flat on my face and my ankle twisted a bit. I  have time to feel the pain as the men started to find a way over to the other roof and came closer with their guns.
      I got to the end of this roof and saw that the next one was a several feet away from me. Too far for me to jump to. I looked down and saw that I had a high chance that I wouldn’t make that fall. The other roof was my only option.
      I back up and couple of feet and took a running start. I got to the end and took a giant leap. I flew across, my arms reaching for the other rooftop. It was a close call. I nearly missed the roof, but my arms grabbed the edge of the ledge before I could slip and fall to my death. My arms ached as a jolt of burning pain flew up my arms. I tried to pull myself from the roof, but the heavy rain was making it slippery and hard to have a good grip. Just then, I heard a male British voice above me.
      “Need some help?”
      I looked up and saw a figure standing above me with his hand stretched out. He face was covered by the darkness and he had a hood over his head. Now usually I wouldn’t take someone’s help, because that wasn’t a safe thing to do in this time. People would say that they want to help you, and then just hurt you even more afterwards. There was a motto that we had: Trust no one. And we followed it.
     But I had a choice: take the stranger’s help and hopefully survive. Or ignore him and die, falling to the ground.
      I swung an arm up at him and took his hand. He had a tight grip. The stranger helped me to my feet. Before any more conversation was exchanged between us, more gunshot was fired.
      “Hurry!” The boy said. He had a slight British accent in his voice, as if he was trying to hide it. “Follow me.”
      I was hesitant. “How can I trust you?”
      “Do you want to get shot? Then follow me.” The boy repeated.
      I took after him, which I wasn’t so sure was a smart choice. We ran down the roof, as the rain came down on us. I was soaking wet. We reached the end and the stranger began to climb down a ladder that was on the other side of the wall and I followed. At the bottom, the boy led me to a hole the side of one of the buildings. He went through and into the dark room. I cautiously looked around to see if anyone was watching. After seeing that we were alone, I entered after the boy.

• Posted at:

jade.

Stay strong, my lovelies. "Never say Goodbye. Because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting" So this is just I'll see you people later. Maybe in real life one day:)

Front sm

pinkaqua532

I agree with WinterFairy70. Definatley either Wattpad or Qoutev

• Posted at:

I am...

an artist

a Pokémon trainer

a Oncer

a Divergent

a Hunger Games victor

a demigod

a Slytherin

a Marauder

a LGBT+ meMBer

a Maze Runner

a Miraculous Holder

a Crystal Gem

a gamer for life

a Vk

part of too many fandoms

I am Aqua

Front sm

musicspy18

Someone touched my button....

Yes I know, I used to have a Quotev account but got rid of it for reasons and I don't think my parents would want me posting anything on Wattpad without permission. I only have an account on there to read stories and keep in touch with friends.

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

musicspy18

bumper

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

musicspy18

Chapter 2: I Meet a Guy Called Pete

Inside was dark and a cold breeze blew past me. Piles of rock and concrete were everywhere, and dust covered some of them. In the corner, rock was cleared away and a mat was laid on the ground next to a small unlit candle. The boy climbed over the rocks, took out a match from under his mat and lit the candle. The small room lit up immediately. I then saw that there was a wall to one said that was cracked on the right said, but it still reached the ceiling and the other wall that it was connected to. That must have helped the ceiling stay up without collapsing.
      “This is your home?” I asked.
      “Yes.” The boy replied. He was sitting down on one of the fallen rocks and staring at me. The hood was off and I could now see his face. He had brown hair that was messy, but nice and slightly fell over his eyes. His dark green eyes looked like they could see right through your soul and his mischievous smile that seem to say that he was up to trouble and always had something planned. His clothes were dirty and his jeans were ripped. His hooded, black over-jacket had dust on it. “It’s better than some buildings out there.” He continued. He then went to a small bag in the corner and pulled out a towel “Here, you might want to dry off.”
      The boy tossed it to me and I caught it.
      “You’re lucky that this place hasn’t collapsed on top of you…yet.” I muttered the last line as I dried my hair. “So why did you help me and then bring me here? And who are you?”
      “First question: You look like you needed some help. And by the way, you could say thank you” The boy replied. “Second question: my name’s Pete. Now I must ask. What is your name?”
      “Trinity.” I glared at Pete. I should be thanking him for saving my life, but I had a feeling there was something more he wanted from me. And I wasn’t sure it would be something I was willing to do.“Well, Pete,” I snapped. “I didn’t need your help. I was doing fine on my own.”
      Pete was now standing up and walking over to me. He scanned me and then looked my back in the eyes. A small grin grew on his face as he raised one eyebrow. “You’ve lived here all your life haven’t you?”
      “How did you figure that? Just by looking at me?”
      Pete smirked and shrugged. “I have a way with people. I can just tell.”
      “What about you?” I asked. “You’re British. I know that America aligned with Britain when the war started.”
      “Yes you’re right. My father was in the army. He helped with the air force and was quite a good pilot if I do say so myself.”
      “You said he was in the army.”
      Pete neither frowned nor smiled. He just stared blankly at me. “He died during one of the air battles. He didn’t have enough time to escape his plane before it crashed into the water and burned.”
      I stared back at him, trying to frown to show my emotions. “I’m sorry about that.”
      “Oh, don’t go feeling sorry for me. It happens all the time during war. I’ve done quite alright on my own. I’m quite good at it too.”
      “Yeah right,” I said. “So, if you are done bragging about yourself, I think I’ll be heading back to-”
      “Head back home? To where, the orphanage? I don’t think that is really a home. More like a prison. And you know the Destroyers will be looking for you. As well as those two other thugs, what were their names? Oh right, the Dent brothers. If they find you, you’ll be in trouble.”
      “I can handle myself, thank you very much.” I replied crossing my arms over my chest. I was really tired of this guy. Who did he think he was?
       Pete laughed. “Right. And you were handling the rooftop problem just fine. And if the Destroyers hadn’t interrupted your fight with those two brothers, you would have been dead meat.”
       I was confused. How did Pete know so much about me and my fight with the Dent brothers? Was he watching me? How long has he been doing that? Pete seemed to understand the look on my face. He chuckled lightly and smiled. “Yeah, I saw the whole      “fight.” There was no way you would’ve survived.”
      That did it.
      I pushed Pete and slammed him against the cement wall and help him by the shoulders. Pete gasped and had a short, sudden look of surprise on his face, but it left quickly as he smiled slyly saying that I couldn’t do anything that would scare him. That made me even madder.
      “Don’t. Push. Me” I said through gritted teeth, anger flaring up through me.
      Pete chuckles again and raised an eyebrow. “You got fire. I like fire.”
      “Trust me. You don’t want to see me when I’m burning.” I said releasing him from the wall and stepping back.
      Pete stood up straighter and just smiled at me. He seemed amused about my sudden attack. “Now, if you’re done flaring up at me. I think we can make a deal.”
      “What kind of deal?” I asked, my arms dropping to my sides. As I did this I felt the flattened bread in my pocket. I didn’t want to draw attention to it, so Pete would not try to take it. I didn’t have to worry about that, because another thoughts were going through my mind. What was Pete talking about? Whatever it was I sensed that it wasn’t going to be good.
      “Since I saved your life from those Destroyers, I think you owe something to me.”
      I raised an eyebrow. “Oh really? I highly doubt that. And even if I did, what would I owe you?”
      “Simple,” he replied. “Your life.”
      I tried not to laugh, but I couldn’t help it. Was this guy crazy? My life? How in the world was he going to keep my life? Was he going to kill me? Was he just joking? I had to stop laughing because my sides were starting to hurt. I looked back up at Pete and see his arms crossed over his chest. “I’m not joking. You owe me your life.”
      My mouth dropped. “No way, that is not happening. I don’t owe you anything. Just because you saved me once does not mean tha-”
      “Just stop,” Pete said. “I am not going to get into a stupid argument with a girl…again.” He mumbled the last line. “How about this? You help me with my problem and then I will help you with yours.” His British accent was getting thicker, with his attempts to try and get me to help him.
      “I don’t have any problems.” I stated, folding my arms over my chest once again.
      “Yes you do. Do you want to find your parents?”
      Parents; That was a word that wasn’t in my vocabulary. A word that didn’t have any meaning to me. Ever since that day…
      “My parents are dead,” I stated. “They died when I was ten.” And I’ve been alone ever since…
      “But what if they aren’t?”
      I shook my head. “They can’t be. I saw my mother die and-”
      “But what about your father?” Pete asked.
      “I haven’t seen him since the day my mother died. He left me.” I stated, now looking out the window of Pete’s home. The  moon was high in the sky and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky.
      “I’m sorry.” Pete stated. His voice sounded genuine. The look on his face seem to say that he understood. But how did he understand?
      “Don’t be.” I then threw a smile at him, hopping that I looked confident. “I’m used to being alone. It’s no big deal.” Even though it’s not…is it?
      “I know what you mean,” His British accent seem to have sorrow in it as his gaze fell to the floor. “My mum died when I just a baby; At least that what I was told. I never knew her.”
      I kept my arms folded. “I’m sorry about that.”
      Pete lifted his head to meet mine and he smirked all of the sorrow leaving his face and voice leaving no trace of any sign of it. “No need to apologize, Trinity. Besides, I’ve done…very well on my own. Made friends and even some enemies, but then again, hasn’t everyone?”
      He said that in a form of a question that was directed right to me and he seem to want a response in return. I just smiled in a sarcastic way. “You’re right. And an enemy can be more valuable than a friend sometimes.”
      Pete laughed. “You certainly have figured it out have you? What’s the saying? ‘Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer?’ Well, it’s true. I can support that saying with my past experience.” He began to walk around the room, with his back slightly turned away from me. While he continued talking, I slowly began to back out of his home to make my way to mine. “I mean with my lifestyle I should know about enemies and friends. Some-"
      His voice became lighter as I exited the ruined home and quietly, but swiftly walked away from him. Once I was good distance away without being heard, I broke into a run on my way to the train station, to head back to the orphanage. The Headmaster was going to kill me if he found out that I sneaked out again.
      I climbed up a ladder that led to the top of a tramp station. I waited until the metal, speed train arrived and climbed aboard, still keeping my eyes open for Destroyers. The wind blew hard, pushing my dark hair in my face. I brushed it away still keeping my eyes open for trouble. I then found my way to the middle of the compartment, pushing past all of the other people climbing on board and held on the metal bar as the train speed across the city.
      My hood was pulled over my head as I sighed a breath of relief. But for some reason Pete’s little deal was replaying in my head.
      “You help me with my problem and then I will help you with yours.”
      “Do you want to find your parents?”
      Did Pete really know where my parents where? And if they were, that would mean that they were alive. And if they have been alive all this time, why haven’t they been looking for me? Was I not good enough for them?
      I stared out of the window at the city passing by. Bright lights from all of the buildings shone through and you could see for miles across the land. The rain had stopped falling, but the clouds stayed covering us from the sky like a lid on a coffin. Below people where walking around doing their normal duties, even at night. Even though New York wasn’t the same it was 8 years ago, there were still parties, concerts, and other exciting stuff that rich people got to enjoy and at all of those excitements, where Destroyers at every turn to watch for trouble. Most of the state was full of buildings, but there were still quite a bit of greenery and wildlife every couple of miles and before that.
      The train came to a stop and I quickly exited, just in time as some Destroyers were coming into the compartment for a security check. Not all Destroyers knew all of the thieves, but quite a few of them were known, so you had to be careful at all times. I exited just in time before one of the guards was able to come up to me for a security check.
      What does my home look like? Well, imagine a semi-tall building that was gray with red bricks and a metal roof, what stands in the middle of a piece of land that had a little plant life around it and some long, green vines growing on the side of the walls. Glass windows went all around the second floor with curtains hanging from each of them. It looked beautiful from the outside. Like a mansion, but Pete was right. It was like a prison inside. Headmaster Henry Wile was very strict about rules and I wasn’t really a child that followed rules. So I think you can see that we both don’t really get alone very well, but then again no one did in the orphanage.
      I crept to the side of the building and started to climb up a tree that lead up to the second floor to one of the windows, aka my room. Once inside, I slowly closed the window, while cringing at every sound it made. I turned around and almost yelled.
Headmaster Wile was standing before me. He was a tall man with white hair, a clear, shaved face and in his late 60s. Even though his face was clear of any hair he still had wrinkles. Because of the way that he was everyone called him the old Geezer. That is, behind his back.
      I was about to open my mouth to speak when the Headmaster bet me to it “Well, I hoped you enjoyed your time in the streets Miss Kerr.” He leaned down to my height and raised his hand. Before I had time to blink, he struck me hard across the face and I fell to the ground, my hand rubbing my cheek. Tears were starting to form in my eyes, but I wouldn’t show him that he was getting to me. I blinked them back as I stood up to see Headmaster Wile to his full height again.
      “If I ever find out that you left the orphanage again without permission, I promise you. You will be out of this place so quickly; you won’t have time to protest, am I understood?”
      “Yes, Master Wile.” I responded, through gritted teeth.
      “And watch the attitude, Miss Kerr. You're lucky that I still keep you here. And once your seventeen, I can finally say goodbye to you forever.” He said, pointing at me, before he left the room. I was surprised that he didn’t do anything else to punish me. Unless… before he closed the door to my bedroom he looked back at me. And here we go with the rest of my punishment!
      “And there shall be no dinner tonight and tomorrow you have to help in the kitchen after breakfast, for you actions.” He said, slamming the wooden door behind him.
      You would think that I wouldn’t mind him kicking me out of this place, since I hated it so much, but there was nowhere else to go and because of all the things that had taken from the city’s shops, the police would be on the lookout for me and this was a place where I was safe from them. Also, I had a thought that maybe, just maybe my father would return for me. So if I was kicked out and he came back for me, I wouldn’t be here and he wouldn’t know where to find me. But once I would turn seventeen, which would be next year, I would have to leave the place and go survive on my own in the city.
      I went over to my bed and got down on my knees to retrieve my guitar that was underneath. The instrument was wrapped in a thick, bed sheet that I ‘found’ in other building. I sat down on my bed, as it squeaked from the pressure. I carefully plucked a few strings and started to play a melody. As I played, a flashback entered into my mind.
      “Daddy?” A young girl called, looking around her living room, searching ever spot in sight. After looking under her couch that was near the curtains that lit up the entire space with a warm sunlight shining through, she made her way to the curtains where there was a slight movement. A man with a huge grin and bright eyes jumped out and scared the girl.
      The girl smile grew big as she giggled. “I found you!”
      “That you did, Pumpkin.” The man said as he lift the girl off of the ground and drew her into a hug.
      “This has been the best birthday ever!” The young girl said, tightening her grip around the man’s neck.
      “Well, it isn’t over, Trin.” The man smiled mischievously.
      The girl gasped and her eyes twinkling with excitement. “What else is there?”
      The tall man laughed as he placed his daughter down and pointed near the front door. “Why don’t you go look in the closest and find out.”
      Trinity wasted no time and hurried over to the closest that was by the red, front door and pulled it wide open. She looked inside to see a strange shaped container that stood a little taller than her. The young one gasped as she tried to pick up the large container and carry it out.
      “Whoa now, let me help you with that.” Her father said, lifted the present out of her hands and carrying it to the couch. The little girl followed with a skip in her step as she called out “Mom! Look what I found in the closest!”
      A woman came out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on a bright blue towel as she smiled at the sight she was seeing before her. Trinity giggled as her father told her to close her eyes as he opened the lid of the container.
      “Okay Trinity, now…open!”
      The girl’s eyes opened as she stared at a brand new, shinny guitar that he father was holding.
      Trinity jumped onto her father and gave him a big hug “Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! You’re the best daddy ever!”
      “Well, now you can have own since you’re always playing on mine.” Her father chuckled as he returned the hug. “And this is from your mother too, you know.”
      The child bound out of his arms and rushed to her mother with open arms. The woman got down on her knees and embraced her.
      “Thanks mommy!” Trinity said.
      “Anything my dear.” Her mother said. “Happy birthday, baby girl!”
      As the girl started to play a little on her new instrument, a loud musical theme played from the TV as a man began to speak.      “Welcome back, too CN News. Well, it’s official folks! We have just received more breaking news from the Capital in Washington,DC from the President himself. He announced this afternoon that the country Russia has now declared war against us. He said and I quote ‘There is no need to fear this upcoming war. We will fight to the best of our great abilities and this war will end before it even started.’”
      Trinity glanced up from her guitar, at the faces of her worried parents that were staring intently at the TV screen. Her father’s joyful smile was gone and now a look of horror was replaced with it. Her mother gave her daughter a reassuring smile.
      “I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this, Sarah.” Her father said, quietly, turning to his wife. Sarah nodded behind him at Trinity as if to tell him to keep quiet.
      “Mom? Dad? Is everything okay?”
      Her mother nodded. “Everything is fine Trin. There is just a little arguing going on in another country. Everything is going to be okay.” She looked back up at her husband as he glanced over at her. “We are all going to be okay.”
      I gasped as I stopped play and looked around the room, which looked nothing like my old home that I used to live in when I was a child. It was not as nice, full of joy and laughter, and no smiling and caring parents who would be there for you. It was a place with no parents and everyday you wondered if your parents would return or even get adopted. I pulled out the flattened bread and started to eat while I stared out the window watching the rain pour harder on the city of New York, even though it wasn’t new anymore, more like an old city in the middle of a horrible war.
      Well, that was what it was. That was what the whole world was like. The most beautiful places, like Hawaii, the Bahamas’ etc where all but in the middle of a dreadful war that took away their peace. The islands were still full of lush green life and it was gorgeous, but it wasn’t the same. I had seen pictures of the islands nowadays on the libraries computers and what they looked like in the past. They looked the same, expect not. It was still paradise there. But what fun came from places like that during a war?
      I sighed as I lay down on the broken bed, thinking about my encounter with Pete and the chase with the guards. So many questions were still going through my head, but I didn’t want to give myself a bigger headache with them. My eyes slowly closed as I drifted off to sleep, listening to the sounds of rain fall onto the city.

<><><><><><><><><>

“Some people even might be both, but you never know until you-”
      I turned around to see that Trinity was gone. I smiled slyly and just shook my head. “I was waiting for her to do that you  know.”
      “Right,” Devon, my second in command, said behind me as he came out from behind the tall wall that separated the broken home. “I guess she just got tired of hearing you gloat about your life.”
      I turned to him and gave him a glare. “Gloat? She doesn’t know anything about hardship and war. You think that I am gloating? I am simply preparing her for what will soon come. She thinks that she has seen the worst of a war. Well, she hasn’t. At least not yet.”
      “You think that she is the one, sir?” Devon asked; hope slightly rising in his voice.
I looked out the small broken glass window to see that the bright sun was setting down, the colors of sunset beginning to form.      “Yes. We just need to convince her to come with us, or our trip here was a waste of our time.”
      “Or everything we have risked will be gone.”
      “Everything,” I repeated, nodding my head. “Everything.”

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

calmbulldog25

Branch: Lucian

Amazing story. Keep it up :D

• Posted at:

I'm Kage or you can call me Laine

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations"

"Girls like girls like boys do. Nothing new."

"hope is so much stronger than fear"

#Skylarliveson

Forgot me but I will never forget you...

Front sm

musicspy18

Chapter 3: I Plan to Embarrass a Hologram

The next morning, the sun shone brightly through my curtains and filled the room with as much light as it could. I groaned as I slowly stepped out of my bed and my bare feet hit the cold, wooden floor. I was not a morning person, but the freezing floor woke me right up.
      I smiled as I slipped on my shoes. Since I was out mostly at night and quite a few mornings the sky was covered with stuff like smoke and dark clouds, but every time I got to see the fiery ball was a sign for a new day. I always took my time to enjoy it, because in a war, you never know what could happen. We had so many spaceships exploring our outerspace that I thought they all might cover up the sun and maybe even the moon!
      As I got dressed into green T-shirt and some ripped jeans, I heard a knock on my door and went to open it. Before I could react, a body was thrown onto mine with a hug and I fell to the grounds with a thud.
      “You’re back!! Did you get in trouble again with Master Wile? Are you grounded? Did you steal some more stuff? Have I taught you nothing, about getting into trouble without me? I’m asking too many questions again aren’t I?”
      My friend Adeen Beller, or Bell as I called her, had her blonde hair in a ponytail and her blue eyes shone brightly with curiosity. I first met her when I had arrived here when I was 10 and know we had known each other for about six years. Adeen was a year younger than me, but both of us didn't care. She and I had always gotten along very well. I was the troublemaker and she had always been the…something. She was a type of girl, that other girls and boys called weird and just plain strange. She was the smartest kid in the orphanage, but a little nosey. She liked to prove that she was the best at everything and if it wasn’t math, science or even chess, she failed horribly. And as her best friend it was my job to tell her that, and then watch her try all over again. She also was a type of person that tried to keep her friends out of trouble and teach them good stuff. Notice that I said tried.
      “Good to see you too, Bell,” I breathed out, still squished by her hug. “But I would like to breathe again, so if you could?...”
      “Oh yeah, sorry,” Adeen said standing up and helping me up. “So….where did you go this morning? Will you answer my questions?”
      I laughed a little shook my head. “I’ll tell you everything when we get to the Mess Hall. I'm hungry and if I tell you know you will want to tell everyone we pass by in the hallways and then I will have to retell the story. Also, you like to cut in and tell it also and it can get a little dramatic and then I never get to tell the whole story.”
      Adeen crossed her arms over her chest as she gave me a sassy frowned and raised her eyebrows. “I like, totally do not do that!” She then uncrossed her arms and gave me an expecting look. "So are we going to head to down to eat? I'm starving and I need food so my body can stay active and healthly. You know that we need 2,000 calories a day. I don't care if we are in the middle of a war."
      I was trying so hard not to laugh when she spoke. She could be a total drama queen and then turn into a heath instructor the very next moment. But she was still awesome. We then made our way down to the Grub Hall. The Hall was the biggest room in the entire building with white walls, freshly sweeped, wooden floors and a high celing. Near the back of the room was a small stage that had stairs leading up to it. Once all of the kids, aging from 9-16, had entered the room, Headmaster Wile entered from the back and walked up onto the stage to start the usual role call. There was one every morning, to make sure everyone was accounted for and also if any of us ended up missing the Headmaster could get into big trouble with the government, if they found out about it. That was one of the reason's I usually snuck out before breakfast or even at night.
      With every name that he called and every answer he would glare at each child as he seem to blame them that he had to take care and deal of us. It took the government a long time to find someone to be in charge of the orphanages and they must have promised. Headmaster Wile a good reward, since he never quit on us. But I was sure that he was at his limit.
      After role calls, and getting in line to retreve our food, Adeen and I made our way to the near back tables and sat down with our trays. The food, as usual, was disgusting. This morning's menu was oatmeal and fruit that was a week old, or that's what they told us at least. And to add onto it, the oatmeal had no flavoring in it. Adeen loved my tale about my adventures with the Dent brothers. I left out the whole part about Pete, mainly cause I didn't want her to get curious, like she always did. After a while she spoke up.
      "Maybe you're right." Adeen said, pushing her bowl away from her in disgust.
      I looked up at her, swallowing my food. "About what?"
      "About how Master Wile, is keeping all the food for himself. Maybe in a secret room under the orpahnage."
      "I told you," I smiled then nodded behind me at the Headmaster who was standing in the front of the room, with his eyes on all of us but mainly on me, I guess. "You know what we should do?" I said, with a gleam of mischief in my eyes.
      Adeen's eyes also lit up with excitement "What trouble are you planning in that head of yours, Kerr?"
      I smiled slyly at her and brought my voice down at a whisper. "I say that we should sneak out tonight and follow Master Wile after he had made his annual  through the entire building. If he does have food stashed away, he will want to go eat or do something to it, when everyone is asleep. Except, tonight there will be two young souls wide awake with curiosity and substition."
Adeen and I laughed with joy.
      "This will be awesome!" she said and then she grew all serious and pointed a finger at herself and then me. "Now if we get caught, I'm deaf and you don't speak English."
      We stared at each other for a few seconds, before laughing once again. After we finished eating and telling Adeen everything that happened with me, the Destroyers, and the Dent brothers I left her, explaining that I had cafiteria duty for part of my punishment for leaving. I was not looking forward to scrubing and drying dishes for the entire afternoon. When I arrived at the back of the kitchen to see what was awaiting me, I wanted to pass out, but knew I couldn't. The piles of dishes stood high and the head cook was waiting for me with no patinence.
      This was going to be a long afternoon....

<><><><><><><><><>

"Oh man, it was awful," I said to Adeen once we joined back up with each other in my room. My room was normal sized for any teenage person, with wooden floors and white painted walls. A picture of the ocean lapping against a sandy white beach hung on the wall, next to my small dresser. When I wanted to, I would just have to push a button on the side of the frame and the picture would come to life, by making ocean sounds. Even the waves would really move and go up against the beach. I longed to see a peaceful place like that someday, even though there was really no chance of that happening.
      A clock stood on top of my dresser and the time read 3:00 PM. Both Adeen and I were bored out of our minds, so I decided to keep Adeen's mind occupied with the Cook's stories about her 'love life.'
      "And the Cook keep going on and on about her past life and sorry relationship stories. I mean I could've used her tears to rinse the dishes off. I mean, who is that bad with trying to find a guy?"
      "Wow. Sorry, not sorry that I missed that." Adeen laughed.
      I frowned at her. "Oh be quiet, Bell. You would've of been complaining to me about that place if that was you in there, and even more so too."
      She crossed her arms and frowned. "No I would not! You know, most people would not go around and point fingers at their friends and what they would have done if they were there."
      "Well, I'm not like most people." I smirked.
      As Adeen was about to reply when a hologram appeared in front of the door, from the projector above my doorway. A life-size, computer version of Headmaster Wile stood there looked at us with his head held high and his hands behind his back in an orderly mannor. He was announcing that the government inspector was coming for his annual visit to the orphanage tonight. He went on saying how we all had to be on our best behavior and stay out of trouble. I knew that the last sentence was meant for me, specificly. The message finished and the hologram disappeared I turned back to Adeen with a wide a innocent look on my face and placed a hand over my heart. "Why in the world would Master Wile think that any of us would cause trouble.
      "Master Wile knows you too well, and everyone else for that matter. But, I know you too well also and I think that you are thinking about causing some type of trouble when the inspector gets here to make Master Wile look bad! Please, tell me I'm not wrong!"
      "You're not wrong, my dear Homes!" I annouced, jumping off of my bed and heading to my door in a hurry.
      "Wait! Where the heck are you going right now? Does it involve tonight? Do I get to help you?" Adeen said in one breath.
      I turned around and smiled at her. "Well, if you want to know what I'm going to do then you better follow me, like a good little sheep, and you shall find out!"
Adeen got off of the bed and walked to me. She linked her arm around mine and smiled evilly with me. "Then lead on, good shepard and we shall see what your evil mind has come up with for tonight."

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

musicspy18

Who wants me to post more????

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

snakedancing13

ME!!!!!!!!!!!   

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Recipient of Mickey's Respect

Krista the Key

Will you give all you can give

So that our banner may advance?

Some will fall and some will live

Will you stand up and take your chance?

Front sm

winterfairy70

*waves arms around* Oh! Me!!! I do!!!! Please post more!!!!! :D

• Posted at:

I am

Valkyrie!

Christian!

4Given!Victorious!Brave!

Runner!Narnian!

Janus!Warior!Musician!

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#I'mNotClay

#WeRFamily

#IChooseHAPPY

#RememberClev

#NeverForgetCyra

#TakeTheStand

Front sm

calmbulldog25

It's amazing!!! I need more please!!!

• Posted at:

#Skylarliveson

Front sm

musicspy18

Chapter 4: The Inspector Gets Tortured with Feathers

Adee and I made our way down the hallway and knocked on several kid's doors to see if they were inside. When we did find people that were in their room, we both explained to them what we had in mind for tonight and the inspector. Some of them agreed to help, but there were a lot kids who were hesitate to help Adeen and I. I figured they didn't want to get into trouble with Master Wile, which honestly the worse that he could do to one of the children is not give them food rations for several days and make them do extra clean up jobs around the orphanage.
      We found a lot of kids in the backyard, talking, playing football, or climbing the trees. Most of the older kids stayed in a group of four to five and just hung out near the buildings, keeping there eyes on the younger ones playing. They never considered Master Wile to be a good leader, so they took that job from him. I knew most of them, but I would soon be leaving them once I turned seventeen. When a child turned that age they had to leave the orphanage and go live out on their own, if they hadn't gotten adopted yet. Both Master Wile and I were looking forward to that, even though it meant that I would have to leave Adeen behind.
      "We'll meet up at the old casino down on 5th street," She told me. "And don't worry about me. I can handle everyone here. Even if it means I have to challenge everyone to a game of chess, to prove to them that they can't mess with me!"
During the entire time that Adeen and I were talking to people, I felt a presence that I was being watched. Like another shadow was always following mine. Every time that I turned around to see if I was right, all I saw was Adeen's confused face, asking me what I was doing every single time.
      Later that night, we both counted up fifteen people that were willing to help out, with tonight. It wasn't much, but no evil genius plan had to involve many people to get the job done. Everything was already in place, but the only thing that was missing from the puzzle was the inspector and Master Wile.
All of the children gathered into the Hall, for the inspector to see. We had to have our hands placed behind our backs, to stay out of trouble as Master Wile put it. Honestly, he must of thought that us breathing as trouble, since that was all he thought we did.
      He was right. Mostly.
      The inspector, or Casper Stanbridge, was a short man that seemed to be in his late thirties with a round face and piercing blue eyes. He didn't appear to be happy with Master Wile, and by the way that they were talking to one another I could tell that they had known each other for a while, but didn't get along very well.
Perfect. I thought, This will make everything much easier and even more fun
      Inspector Stanbridge checked the Hall over and all of the children standing there. I tried not to grin to much at him as he walked by. This plan was to perfect to be ruined. After a while, Master Wile took the inspector to the kitchen.
      I smiled. It's time.
      I nodded to some of the other kids and they all nodded back before heading to the kitchen doorway for the first part to begin. As they got into their positions, I told the other kids and even some older one that they need to head up stairs to get into their positions. One of the kids, Ian Scott, was in charge of filming the entire prank. He had set all of the camera's that were around the building, to record, by hacking into the computer system. Since the cameras were all controlled in Master Wile's office, and there was no way to get in there, without a scan of his eye and no one was up to just ask Master Wile if they could borrow his eye to do a little room "cleaning".
      I started to head up the stairs when I heard a yell come from the kitchen. I turned around to see Inspector Stanbridge covered from head to toe in dripping, black tar. Master Wile stood behind him, with a look of horror on his face. The inspector raised his eyes to wipe the still wet, but soon-to-be-dry, tar from his eyes. Several kids surrounded him with buckets of brightly colored feathers in their hands. Before he or Master Wile had a chance to protest, the kids threw the bucket of feathers all over him. He screamed in terror as the rainbow of feather fell all over his sticky, short body.
The kids quickly stepped to the side, and gestured toward the front of the Hall, the buckets still in their hands.
      "What is the meaning of this?! How dare you children, insult me in such a way! When I-" But the Inspector's comment was silenced as my friend Liam Johnson, ran toward Inspector Stanbridge with a metal wheel-barrel in front of him. As he got closer he tilted the wheel-barrel to pick up the inspector. Some of the kids, who had now put on gloves, picked up the inspector and lifted him into the now tilted wheel-barrel and watched it speed off. They waved their buckets as he got farther away from them.
      I laughed while I watched the whole scene unfold. Liam carried the inspector to the elevator as the doors opened and dumped him inside with a loud thud. He turned to me and gave me a thumbs up before heading back over to the other kids, who were now taking care of Master Wile, who was frantically yelling at the kids for why they were doing this. I quickly hurried up the stairs to join the others for the second part of the plan.
      Once I had rushed down the hallway to where the elevator door was, the door opened for me to find a very exhausted and furious inspector sitting on the floor, covered in bright rainbow feathers.
      "You!" Inspector Stanbridge said, pointing a finger at me. "What is the meaning of all of this, child?!"
I picked him up and placed my arm around his shoulder, while gesturing to the hallway in front of me. "Welcome sir, to the Phantoms Of The Hallway! A once in a lifetime production, where you see first hand on what kids are capable of. And as a bonus! You're also our star guest and get a front row seat to all the action here!"
      "Now look here! I-"
      "Before we begin this epic adventure through, I need to explain that the Headmaster of this whole facility was in charge of everything!!" I lied to him as I pushed him into the hallway. If I was going to get in trouble for all of this, then Master Wile was also.
      The inspector fell forward only to be caught by a metal hand of one of the robot cleaning maids that was waiting for him. "Hello sir. I am 4729-KR, but the people here call me Karris."
Stanbridge, lifted himself up as some feathers fell off of him and fell to the ground. "Finally! Someone who knows how to follow orders! Karris, take me back downstairs so-"
      "I'm sorry, sir. But I am under the orders of Miss Kerr, here." Karris said, pointing her metal finger at me. Stanbridge looked back at me with fire in his already angry eyes. I smiled at him and waved. Karris continued "Now because of my new programming, I am to take you throughout the hallway so that your 'torture' may begin." She finished with quote signs.
      I face-palmed at this comment. "Karris. You're not supposed to tell the victim what we are going to do to them, because if you say it before then it ruins the whole surprise!"
The inspector rushed up to me, as colored feathers fell behind him. "Now look here, child!" He voice was now raise. "When this gets word to the Head of the Children's Board, you and all of the other troubled children are going to be sorry that you ever-"
      I looked down at my pretend watch and smiled back up at him. "Would you look at that? It's time for the production to start! Places everyone!" I yelled out to the others.
      Kids came out of rooms, all down the hallway except the very last door that was at the end. Everyone bowed to the inspector before looking behind them at the last door. It swung open and Adeen and another cleaning robot came out, carrying a microphone and a bucket. Adeen held up the microphone to her mouth "Welcome one! Welcome all! To the Phantoms of the Hallway!"
All of the kids cheered wildly as the inspector stood in horror at everyone. I was surprised that he hadn't run away or even tried, but since he was surrounded by the "troubled children" I thought that he must of been too scared to even breath.
      "Thank you all for being here and now I would like to welcome our special guest, Mr. Stanbridge! Thank you, sir for being here today, for I tell you. We were really board until you showed up," Adeen laughed. "Now everyone. I think that we are all being rude to our guest. Let's show him how we welcome people to our home!"
      At once as Adeen stopped talking, she took the bucket from the robot and threw it all on the ground. Liquid butter flowed across the hardwood floor all the way up to the inspectors feet. The kids nearest to the inspector came over to him and picked up with feathery man. Thank goodness that they were all wearing slip-proof boots or they would of also been vicums of the buttery floor. They carried Stanbridge to the back of the hallway where I was standing. The other half of the kids went to the other side and waited for us to begin.
      "Wait! What's are you children do-"
      The kids lowered the inspector so that they had a hold on his waist, shoulders and feet. They started to swing back and forth while yelling, "One! Two! THREE!" On three they swung the man across the buttered floor and he slid across perfectly. Once he reached the other and the cheers from my end had ceased, the kids from the back picked him up and held him in a simeral way to as us. They swung while counting and released him back onto the slippery floor. The inspector was yelling at every chance he would get, at the kids. That is, every time that his face wasn't planted in butter.
      After a couple more rounds of tossing and yelling in victory, we finally picked up the very buttery and dazed man off of the floor. As he was able to find his balance and all of the extra kids and the robots had left the hallway and headed to the stairway in a hurry. Adeen was the only one to stay behind, and she wore a huge grin on her face. I smiled back at her in victory, and tuned my gazed back to the inspector. The feathers were still stuck to the tar on his body, but the ones on his front were now laying flat as the rest on his back, still stood up. He looked like a feathery turtle that had thrown up all over his chest. I couldn't help, but smile again. I know that the kids might have taken the 'torture' a little too far, but he looked hilarious.
       "Well, Mr, Stanbridge. I hope your enjoyed that little taste of our great production." I stated, as the inspector turned to me in rage. "Now if you will please foll-"
      "No! You listen to me, child! This kind of behavior is unacceptable, to me or for anyone else that is of an higher rank than a simple orphaned girl! I will personally explain to the Board on what happened and have you thrown out before you could even blink, for I believe that you were behind everything that happened here!"
Well you got that right.
      "Now," He said straightening up and wiped some butter, that was dripping from his hair, out of his eyes. "If you children would please excuse me, I shall be leaving this place before anymore disasters happen to me!"
As he walked away with even more feathers falling off of his back and entered the empty elevator Adeen and had to keep our laughs quiet until the elevator door was closed.
      "Oh my gosh! That was amazing, but we are in so much trouble!" Adeen said.
      "You got that right! I responded with laughter. Just as I was about to come up with another joke I felt that same shadowy presence again. I carefully glanced around the room, finding that Adeen and I were really alone, though it felt like there were eyes watching me at all times.
      Adeen noticed my behavior and snapped in my face to take me out of my trance. "Hey! Earth to Trinity! You at home?"
      "Huh?" I answer, turning my gaze back at her. "I'm sorry, what was that Bell?"
      "You doing okay? You were doing that whole, being in a trance again and ignoring all that I was saying."
      "Yeah, sorry about that. I-I don't even...you know, never mind." I shook my head of the thought that someone had been watching us. There was no way. Everyone was downstairs, or was it someone else? I decided to forget it for now and focus on the moment right now. "We better hurry up and get downstairs to say goodbye to the inspector before he leaves, to go whine to the Board about us."
      Adeen and I laughed all of the way down the stairs while cracking up more jokes about the inspector and how Master Wile was taking all of this action at this moment. Now that was a sight that I was looking forward to see.

<><><><><><><><><>

"What were you thinking!?" Master Wile yelled at Adeen and me as he paced back and forth around his room. We were in his office after the inspector had left the building in a rage. The image of him leaving would never leave my mind. All of the kids were trying so hard not to laugh at the little man as he stormed away from the orphanage trying to walk across the walkway in his stiff legs that were covered in tar and feathers. Honestly the whole turtle description of this guy was perfect. Cruel, but perfect. Master Wile was tying to entire time to get up the stairs and stop us from torturing the inspector with no luck. The kids that stayed behind kept Master Wile distracted the entire time that we had fun. I had no clue how or what they did, but that didn't matter. As long as they got the job done, I was happy.
      "When the Board finds out about this incident, I am going to get fired and all of you children are going to end up on the streets once again!"
It's better than this place, even if my father never returns for me.
      "And also I-" Master Wile continued, but was interrupted by Adeen.
      "But sir," She said. Even though she couldn't stand Master Wile, she still called him sir. As did the rest of us. "What about all the other orphanages that are around New York? Won't we just get sent there?"
Master Wile stopped walking and sat down in his chair with a heavy and still angry sigh. "I highly doubt it, Miss Beller. From what I heard Inspector Stanbridge was going to say to the Board about this, I would consider you ladies lucky to be able to find a home again. This kind of behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated at any point in time, I don't care if you children are about to become adults in a couple of years! And further more, as punishment for your actions, you ladies shall be on call for a month, that is if I don't get fired before then."
      On call was a saying that was for teenagers that got into a lot of trouble and had to make it up by helping the government with certain tasks, such as cleaning up debris from the bombing or even helping in the weaponry or other technology factories, for a certain amount of time. Sometimes we would even have to stay out and catch other outcasts or troublemakers, which meant I would be working for the Destroyers and doing their dirty work. That was something that I would never do.
      After a couple of minutes that felt like hours in Master Wile's office, getting our information to the government about Adeen and I being on call, we spent the rest of the night in my room. All of the other teenagers and kids that helped during the prank, I suspected, were also being punished. Master Wile never let anything go unnoticed, that is, unless he didn't notice what we were doing behind his back.
      "That old Geezer," Adeen stated. "I can't believe that he put us on call."
      "What? You were expecting us to not get into trouble for what happened?" I asked " Cause if that was the case, we could've done so much more to the Inspector."
      Adeen nodded and then her face lit up with a smile. "Hey! Are we still going through with Operation Food?"
Operation Food, was our plan to sneak down to the basement of the orphanage and see if Master Wile was hiding some of the good stuff in his personal storage Originally Adeen to call the plan Operation See if Master Is Hiding Good Food. She might be the smartest teenager at this orphanage, but she didn't have a thing for good names.
      "Yeah," I answered.
      "Can we run over the plan one more time? I'm a little nervous about everything and want everything to go as planned."
      "Sure. So once everyone is in bed, and that includes Master Wile, we'll meet out in the hallway and head downstairs to the Hall. After that, we head to the kitchen and go down to the basement. We don't have to worry about the Cook. I heard from Ian who heard from Katy, that she wasn't going to be late here and was going to head home early, which should be in about an hour. Once we are in the basement, your job is to take pictures with your camera of what we find down there. If Master Wile is really hiding food, that should be ours and the Board somehow got word of this act, he could be in huge trouble." I finished with a grin.
      Adeen smiled widly. "Awesome! I can't wait!"
      Just then the video camera above my door, shone down a hologram once again with a message from Master Wile explaining that curfew was coming up and some other stuff about punishment if we were found outside of our rooms etc. He said the same thing everynight, I pretty much had the whole message memerized. Adeen said goodnight and headed to her room, which was right across the hallway from mine. We never got to share rooms, cause Master Wile always thought that if two kids shared a room, all they would do was stay up late and cause even more trouble.
Again, with the whole causing trouble no matter what we do theroy.
      After playing my guitar for a couple of minutes, I laid my head down on my pillow and stared out of my window. My thoughts drifted back to Pete and our meeting together. Every day that had pasted, since I had met him, I wondered if I would again. It's not that I missed him, just that I thought he could actually help me find my father.
     But then again...can I trust him?

That was a question I would be asking myself for along time.

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

calmbulldog25

Nice!

• Posted at:

#Skylarliveson

Front sm

musicspy18

Thank you! :D

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

blackcat3440

Use "said" more. Otherwise it was great! 

• Posted at:

Alexa

Daughter of Dionysus

Hufflepuff

"The only time when you run of chances is when you stop taking them."

Always happy to talk about books!

Front sm

musicspy18

Bumper

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Branch: Ekaterina

Absolutely AMAZING!!!! :D :D :D You are such a fantastic writer!!! Keep it up! I can't wait to read more!!!

• Posted at:

mickey. 

no more band-aids on my heartaches.

no more smoke when i burn my pancakes. 

no more drowning in my sorrow. 

with my chin held up there's always better luck

tomorrow. 

Front sm

musicspy18

@Mickey - Awww! Thank you! But I have some bad news...(look down below)

@Everyone - I am SOOOOO sorry for what I am about to tell you all. I can not post any more of this story. For reasons I am not going to list, I just need to stop posting this. Again I can't tell you how sorry I am about this and wished I could post more. All I can say is for now...you won't be reading any more of this story :( :( :( :( :( *cries!*

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

musicspy18

bumper

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

calmbulldog25

That's sad but it's okay that ever your reasons that is totally fine. All I hope is that you continue to write you are very good at it. Good luck!

• Posted at:

#Skylarliveson

Front sm

winterfairy70

Aww...... But it's so good........

• Posted at:

I am

Valkyrie!

Christian!

4Given!Victorious!Brave!

Runner!Narnian!

Janus!Warior!Musician!

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#I'mNotClay

#WeRFamily

#IChooseHAPPY

#RememberClev

#NeverForgetCyra

#TakeTheStand

Front sm

musicspy18

I know, it is said :( But there may be a time when you guys can read it again

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

calmbulldog25

I'll keep an eye out for it in the future :)

• Posted at:

#Skylarliveson