Front sm

musicspy18

Branch: Janus

Lost Girl

Prologue

Shadows fell over the trees as three figures moved quietly through the thick forest, their daggers in hand. The moon was high in the clear, night sky and everything was dead quiet around the figures. The only sound that could be heard where the footsteps of the three Lost Boys.
      “I thought this was going to be a short and easy job!” One figure said who was the shortest of them all. “It’s getting late and he’s going to be angry if we don’t get back soon. And it feels like we have been walking around for ages!”
      “Oh shut up Jason! You’re always complaining about something.” The second figure snapped.
      “And what about our weapons?!” Jason whisper-shouted as he held up his dagger at his brother’s face. “These daggers make me feel like we are back into the old age. We live in the 21st century not the Middle Ages, James!”
      “That’s because the guns would have been too loud and they would have left a mess! A mess I don’t want to clean up. And besides, Pan doesn’t want anyone to hear us, you idiot!” James replied.
      “Quiet! Both of you!” The eldest snapped at the other two. “With all your arguing he is going to hear us before we even get close enough to do the job.” He turned back to the other two and held his dagger at their throats. “And do you two want to deal with Pan when we went back to the camp?”
      Both boys shook their heads at him before they all continued on. After about a mile they saw a small, bright light that sent the shadows of the trees around it moving. A small line of smoke rose from it and dissolved into the sky. As the boys got closer they saw a young boy warming his hands by the fire. He was about eleven years old with light brown hair that was cut short. There was a look of fear on his eyes as every once in a while he would look around to see if he was alone or not.
      “There he is.” The eldest whispered.
      Jason rubbed his hands together as a mischievous smile spread across his face. “Oh boy!! This is going to be epic!” He then looked back at the others and held up his dagger. “Now, Hunter?”
      Hunter nodded as they all crept up to the little campsite. The Lost Boy pointed in two different directions to the other two and they all split up to surround the boy. Hunter made his way around the trees ducking every once and a while. He looked over his shoulder to see the others doing the same. Just as Hunter was about to signal his brothers to jump onto the boy, he heard a twig snap.
Hunter flinched as he held his breath. He turned his head to see James staring at him with a look of regret.
      Hunter shook his head as he mouthed the words I am going to kill you!
      “Hello?” The boy called.
      Immediately, as if on cue, all three of the boys stood up and walked to the frightened boy. The boy’s eyes got wide as he saw who was walking towards him. “J-James? Guys? What are you d-doing here?” He stuttered.
      The older boys took a seat around the young one as they smiled at him, like they had all been close, good friends all their lives. Hunter took a seat on the log that the child was sitting on and patted him on the back. “Good to see you again, Ben! It’s been a while, hasn’t it?”
      Ben glanced nervously at the others. When all he saw where the smiles on their faces and he didn’t see any weapons with them he relaxed a little. Jason smirked slightly since he could partly tell what the child was thinking. It wasn’t wise for him to assume he was safe.
      “It has been a while, but I honestly just needed to go away for a while. I think I know why you guys are here.” Ben said.
      James raised an eyebrow. “Really? Why do you think that we are here?”
      “It’s about Pan, isn’t it? I was going to come back home, I just needed a little time on my own.”
Hunter just stared at him as Ben talked some more about how he was doing on his own and as soon as he was ready, he would return to camp. But he was lying. Hunter could see it as well as the others. Ben was always terrible at lying. He would run as soon as the three boys left him and he would try to escape off of the island.
      But that was one of Pan’s rules. No one was allowed to leave his island without his permission. And Ben had never gotten that permission. Hunter slightly nodded to Jason. The Lost Boy smiled and turned back to Ben as stood up with James. “So Ben. I’ve got to know something.” A sly smile crept across his face. “Did you really think that we would believe all of that?”
      Ben’s eyes grew wide with fear as he gazed up at them. “I-I didn’t-ARHH!!”
      He wasn’t able to finish as he fell onto the ground, blood pouring out of his back. As he groaned on the dirt ground, Hunter stood up with a mischievous smirk on his face as he held a dagger with blood stains on it. He wiped the dagger on the ground as the other two Lost Boys lifted the child off of the ground and held him up to look at their leader.
      Hunter got down to look the boy in his terror filled eyes. “Here’s a lesson for you, young one. Once Pan’s. Always Pan’s.” With those last words he plunged his dagger back into the boy, straight into his heart.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

jade.

Stay strong, my lovelies. "Never say Goodbye. Because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting" So this is just I'll see you people later. Maybe in real life one day:)

Front sm

calmbulldog25

Branch: Lucian

It looks awesome! I would definitely read more of this. You're a very good writer. :D

• Posted at:

I'm Kage or you can call me Laine

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations"

"Girls like girls like boys do. Nothing new."

"hope is so much stronger than fear"

#Skylarliveson

Forgot me but I will never forget you...

Front sm

musicspy18

Oh thank you! I have already made about seven chapters...*blushes*

• Posted at:

jade.

Stay strong, my lovelies. "Never say Goodbye. Because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting" So this is just I'll see you people later. Maybe in real life one day:)

Front sm

calmbulldog25

Awesome. I hope you post more soon and you continue to write it(as long as you are enjoying it)

• Posted at:

#Skylarliveson

Front sm

snakedancing13

That.... was amazing!

You must post more!!!

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Recipient of Mickey's Respect

Krista the Key

Will you give all you can give

So that our banner may advance?

Some will fall and some will live

Will you stand up and take your chance?

Front sm

musicspy18

Well since you guys want me to post more, here is chapter one!! :)

Chapter 1: I Nearly Kill Myself

The rain poured hard on New York City as the sounds of sirens and thunder filled the night. The moon was high, but was covered with the many gray clouds that floated in the sky. I partly wasn’t so sure that they were clouds. More like smoke that came from the fires and bombs that were always being made. But tonight, no bombs set off.
      This was calm for me and even the whole city.
      I was used to hearing the sound of gunshots, airplanes soaring high looking for alien planes that would fly into their territory and people screaming in terror at whatever was attacking them or even if a building was falling down onto of them.
      War: it time I lived in. And a time that I grew up in.
      I walking down the sidewalk of New York with my hands in the pocket of my jacket and my hoodie pulled over my head to cover my face. Now and then I would have to duck into alleyways, so I wouldn’t get caught by any police officer. They always roamed the streets looking for thieves and murderers, even though they stole the will of the people and would murder anyone who would defy them or their leader.
      The leader of our country, President Steel was a man that didn’t care about what the people thought, only that they followed him, and helped him win the war. Our leader wasn’t much of peaceful man. He did as he pleased, and had fun while doing it. When he should have been helping his country fight a war, he would be off in a secretly build golf course that was deep underground where he could be safe. Though he wasn’t a completely lazy man. Since we were at war with the other countries, he had to make alliances where he could so our country could stay alive for as long as we could. The U.S.A had made an alliance with Europe, some of Africa and other countries I don’t remember. I really never paid a lot of attention in History.
      I had just made my latest swipe from a small drug store, a small bag of bread, which really wasn’t much, but you need food to survive. I was sure that the people who owned the store had already called the police on me. I mean, come on. If he hadn’t come out from the back room and seen me taking the bread and a soda can I would have been fine! But events happen and you just have to go with it and hope that you don’t die.
      Was this normal for me? Yes. It happened all the time, but I still hadn’t been caught…yet.
      In this time, the whole world was at war with each other, ready to send some nuclear bombs to their enemies every time they thought of some betrayal from inside or out of their own country. So really, there wasn’t a moment of peace, ever. Also, there was barely any food, mainly because people were always fighting over it, and most of it went to the men that were fighting the war. So I had to find a way to survive and there only is one way to do that. And the orphanage doesn’t really give the children a lot of food anyway.
      Personally I think that the Headmaster keeps all the extra food sent to the orphanage underneath the building for him.
As I walking down the sidewalk, I came to an alleyway that lead even deeper into the city. I turned and walked down that dark path. A couple rats ran across my feet, but I barely even noticed them. I was on the lookout for anyone who would jump me. Alleyways are never safe. There is always someone or something lurking in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to pounce on you, when you weren’t looking.
      Sounds of police sirens came from the roads behind me. I ducked behind a trash bin and waited for them to pass. I looked under the bin and saw several cars racing by with their lights on. They were looking for someone, and I guessed that someone was me. One car stopped and two men came out with flashlights.
      Once I was sure that they were gone, I got up and brushed a rotten, banana peel that had gotten stuck to my leg.
      Ew.
      There was nothing I could to about it though. You were lucky enough to even find food in this city and honestly I was happy with every piece that I got. I started walking even farther down the alley and turned a corner. I wasn’t happy about what I found there waiting for me.
      Ryker and Liam Dent. The two bullies of the alleyways, and one of the most dangerous kids to get into a fight with. They used to live in the orphanage but with all of the trouble that they caused day and night, the Headmaster couldn’t stand another minute with them there and kicked them out. The boys had then lived together in the alleyways always thinking that every alleyway was theirs and they were the kings of them. Ryker was the older brother with dark brown hair, but he like to sneak around in chimneys so he usually had jet black hair. His dark brown eyes bore into you and seem to know your ever fear and wasn’t afraid to use it against you. His little brother Liam was about an inch shorter then he was, with natural black hair. Because he had black hair, he matched his brothers and they sort of looked like twins. Both were dressed in black jeans and a baggy t-shirt. You were able to make a difference between them, because Ryker always wore fingerless gloves that made his look like a biker.
      “Well, well, well,” Ryker said, walking to me. “Look who wondered into our alley.”
      “Hello to you too Rykie,” I said “Now I need to get by, so excuse m-”
      By now, both brothers had blocked my path and had their arms over their chests. “I don’t think so, Trinny. You know there is a fee every time, you want passed us.” Liam said.
      “And you know, I hate the name Rykie” Ryker said with a scowl.
      I smirked at him “Yeah I do know.”
      “And besides, we know that you just made swipe from one of the shops. Didn’t you Trinity? Why don’t you hand it over calmly, and we will let you pass” Ryker said.
      I shook my head “I don’t think so, Rykie. It took me a while to get this. If you want one, you will have to go get it yourself. Not from me”
      I took a swing at them and hit Ryker on this nose. He fell back, dazed. After staring at his older brother, Liam turned on me. He threw himself on top of me and tried to hold me down, so he could pound me to pieces. I struggled against him, but he was strong. My legs were free, so I kicked him from behind. I looked over his shoulder and saw Ryker getting up and heading over to help his brother. If they both were one me, there would be no chance to escape.
     Before they could taking anything on me and beat me up anymore, police sirens sounded again and this time, they were close. Like really, really close.
      Liam got off of me and I jumped up. I saw them both running away like scared kittens who were being scared away by ferocious dogs. I looked back and saw searching lights and heard men shouting. They were coming down this alley!
      I broke out into a run. As I ran faster the footsteps were getting closer. I knew I would be caught if I didn’t take a detour. The city was full of alleyways and crumbled buildings that anyone could hide anywhere. I made a sharp right and started to climb a latter that led to the rooftop.
      Shouts came from behind me and the men followed me into the alley. I tried to get a look at the people who were chasing me. Even though I couldn’t see their faces, they all wore the same white outfits and carried the same black guns.
      Destroyers.
      That’s what people, who were outcasts in the city called them. People who were thieves and ran from the law. People like me.
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t like stealing (that much) but in this world, you have to do whatever it takes if you want to survive. And you don’t want to mess with Destroyers. They are people who work for the ‘government’ in this city. They don’t care who you are or want you have done. All they want is to put people in their place, and that goes the same as their ‘beloved’ leader, President Steel.
      Now where was I? Oh, right. Running for my life.
      As I climbed the ladder, Destroyers started to climb as well. These guys do not give up easily, that is something that you learn quickly. One of them grabbed my leg and I tried to shake him off. Before he pulled my down I kicked him with my other leg and hurried even faster up the ladder. Shots from their guns fired. and I dodged them as best I could. One almost hit my shoulder, but it missed by an inch. Once I was at the top, I didn’t look back. I just kept running. That was kind of a bad move. The Destroyers could just climb up all the way and then start to shot at me again. And this time, yhey might not miss.
      But strangely, they didn’t follow me. I was about to stop and wonder why, when I looked back and saw a Destroyer coming up onto the roof, with a gun in his hand.
      Never mind about them not following me anymore. I broke out into another run. This chase was going to be taken to the roof.
      I came to the end of the roof and jumped onto the next one. I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn’t running for my life. I landed on the roof and kept running. Bullets were fired and I dodged them. But doing that, I tripped over a pipe that was sticking out on the roof. I fell flat on my face and my ankle twisted a bit. I didn’t have time to feel the pain as the men started to find a way over to the other roof and came closer with their guns.
      I got to the end of this roof and saw that the next one was a several feet away from me. Too far for me to jump to. I looked down and saw that I had a high chance that I wouldn’t make that fall. The other roof was my only option.
      I back up and couple of feet and took a running start. I got to the end and took a giant leap. I flew across, my arms reaching for the other rooftop. It was a close call. I nearly missed the roof, but my arms grabbed the edge of the ledge before I could slip and fall to my death. My arms ached as a jolt of burning pain flew up my arms. I tried to pull myself from the roof, but the heavy rain was making it slippery and hard to have a good grip. Just then, I heard a male British voice above me.
      “Need some help?”
      I looked up and saw a figure standing above me with his hand stretched out. He face was covered by the darkness and he had a hood over his head. Now usually I wouldn’t take someone’s help, because that wasn’t a safe thing to do in this time. People would say that they want to help you, and then just hurt you even more afterwards. There was a motto that we had: Trust no one. And we followed it.
     But I had a choice: take the stranger’s help and hopefully survive. Or ignore him and die, falling to the ground.
      I swung an arm up at him and took his hand. He had a tight grip. The stranger helped me to my feet. Before any more conversation was exchanged between us, more gunshot was fired.
      “Hurry!” The boy said. He had a slight British accent in his voice, as if he was trying to hide it. “Follow me.”
      I was hesitant. “How can I trust you?”
      “Do you want to get shot? Then follow me.” The boy repeated.
      I took after him, which I wasn’t so sure was a smart choice. We ran down the roof, as the rain came down on us. I was soaking wet. We reached the end and the stranger began to climb down a ladder that was on the other side of the wall and I followed. At the bottom, the boy led me to a hole the side of one of the buildings. He went through and into the dark room. I cautiously looked around to see if anyone was watching. After seeing that we were alone, I entered after the boy.

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

winterfairy70

This is soooooo good!!!!!! X3. Please update soon!!!!!!

• Posted at:

I am

Valkyrie!

Christian!

4Given!Victorious!Brave!

Runner!Narnian!

Janus!Warior!Musician!

TwinSister!DaughterOfCapAmerica!

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#I'mNotClay

#WeRFamily

#IChooseHAPPY

#RememberClev

#NeverForgetCyra

#TakeTheStand

Queen&GuardianOfLove/Rebellion

Front sm

calmbulldog25

Really awesome story! Nice job :D

• Posted at:

#Skylarliveson

Front sm

sapphiremist227

Wonderful job Jade!!!!! I love it!!!!! Your an awesome writer!!!! good job!!!!

*appaluds Jade*

• Posted at:

Jewels

Queen Of Music, Chocalate, and kittens!

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."~ Walt Disney

cake is great..just like jake -jake

I AM THE ALL MIGHTY KITTY

"we're not weird, we're just a bit crazy." -Cara

Front sm

musicspy18

Aw thank you... :)

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

sapphiremist227

Np!

• Posted at:

Jewels

Queen Of Music, Chocalate, and kittens!

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."~ Walt Disney

cake is great..just like jake -jake

I AM THE ALL MIGHTY KITTY

"we're not weird, we're just a bit crazy." -Cara

Front sm

musicspy18

Since you guys like it so much, I shall post the story on another thread

• Posted at:

jade.