Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Branch: Janus

What I'm about to tell you is the greatest true story ever told. Before the universe and world began there was God. He is the only God. A shamrock has three leaves, but is still one shamrock. God is the same. There is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God created the world in six days, and on the seventh He rested as an example to humans. He created two humans, Adam and Eve. God can see the past, present, and future, but He allowed Adam and Eve to make their choice of whether or not they would follow Him. He could have kept them locked in the garden with no choice, but He didn't. They were given a choice of whether or not they would eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. But they wanted to be like God, (and unknowingly sided with Satan, a fallen angel who thought he could be like God) so they ate the fruit. God kicked them out of the Garden of Eden. Humanity started to do horrible things to each other, to the point that God regretted making them. He decided He wanted to destroy all of humanity, but he chose Noah and his family to survive because Noah was godly. Through Abraham he said in Genesis 22:18: "And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice." I know that many people find it cruel that God did this, but I can assure you that the children who died ended up in a better place without having to further endure the horrors of their world.

God chose the life of Abraham to change the world. How? By bringing his Son into the world through his line. 2,000 years ago God became man. He ministered to people, healed them, and showed them miracles. He was killed as a criminal on a cross to die for our sins that way we can live forever with Him. Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship with God. Imagine if in a different society you are on trial for a crime, and in your society someone else can take the punishment for your crime. So a man who has no fault decides that he will take your punishment. That's what Jesus did. God can not allow sin into Heaven, even if you've only sinned a little bit, because it is a perfect place. Sin is sin. So He became man and died a slow and horrible death that way we can live with Him forever! On the third day of His death he rose from the dead! He defeated death! After being on Earth for a little bit after He rose He went back to Heaven, leaving his disciples on Earth. Someday God will destroy Satan and create a new Heaven and Earth! God considers us friends! John 15:15: "Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you." He says that we will someday rule with Him (2 Timothy 2:12). This is coming from the God who is bigger than the Universe! What do you have to do to start a relationship with God and live with Him forever? Accept Him as your savior in your heart and mind, repent of your wrong doings/sins, believe that He died for your sins, and ask Him to forgive you. God didn't want to make it complicated. You don't have to change yourself, He will change you after you ask Him into your heart and life. Not only that but He sends the Holy Spirit to come and live in us. I can't remember how many times I've asked God a question and the answer comes immediately into my mind. I'm not saying that that will happen to you, but that is my experience. 

Revelation 3:20

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

John 14:6

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

The Bible has been and is being proven true by archaelogy. It is not a book of fairy tales. Sir Isaac Newton and Galileo, two great men of science, were Christians. I can't possibly tell you all of the things that Jesus did and said in this past, or talk about God's work through Israel in the past. But I can encourage you to open up your Bible. I would recommend starting in the book of Matthew and reading all of the gospels. I am not pushing my religion. It's your choice what you want to believe. But I do believe that the knowledge of different belief systems should be open to everyone that way they can make a choice. It's up to you. Some pretty great ministries you can look into are Answers in Genesis and also Living Waters to learn more. I would also encourage you to read the testimonies of Christians, such ar C.S. Lewis (who used to be an atheist), Joni Eareckson Tada, and Nick Vujicic. 

Happy Resurrection Day! 

~Monica

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

moonlightsunrise37

Branch: Ekaterina

@Monica; whoa, I love this story. I'm a Baptist Christian. Look at C.S. Lewis' Narnia series, The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe is an example of someone laying down their life for another person. Disney made a movie off the book so technically they have a movie based off of God's Holy Word.

• Posted at:

The butterfly’s end

is 

the caterpillar’s beginning 

Front sm

winterfairy70

This is amazing. Thank you so much for doing it. :)

Happy Resurrection Day!!!

• Posted at:

I am

Valkyrie!

Christian!

4Given!Victorious!Brave!

Runner!Narnian!

Janus!Warior!Musician!

TwinSister!DaughterOfCapAmerica!

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#I'mNotClay

#WeRFamily

#IChooseHAPPY

#RememberClev

#NeverForgetCyra

#TakeTheStand

Queen&GuardianOfLove/Rebellion

Front sm

runningminotaur4

aka CatchingLion21

Branch: Tomas

Amen Monica. Amen. :D

HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY!!!

-Timothy

• Posted at:

Timothy Cahill 

I am a:

Earth bender Jedi Knight, Football playerSG-1 personnelLOTR fan, PJ FAN,

Whovian, Spartan and Disney INFINITEER

MARVEL Brainiac

3  nails

+

1 cross=

4 given

Front sm

stormflash46

You too!

• Posted at:

StormLily

Spider-girl 

Queen Awkwardness!

#ProudChristian

"Friendship means understanding, not agreement. It means forgiveness, not forgetting. It means the memories last, even if the contact Is lost."

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Cara

Thanks! : )

It's really interesting that there are movies that show the truth of God even though the people who make them aren't Christians. It's because we were made in His image and we have His values in us whether we want to face them or not.

@Valkyrie 

Aw you're welcome. ^_^ You too! 

@Timothy 

^_^ You too!

@StormFlash46

Thanks! : )

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

duskdragon98

aka SpySecret12

That was beautiful. Amen, Monica. I recently began attending a new church after a much-too-long hiatus, and we've been discussing the consequences, mentally, physically, and with our faith, that come with comparing ourselves with others. However, when I say I aspire to have the relationship that you seem to have with God, I'm not comparing myself to you - I'm setting a goal to better myself and my walk with Abba. I hope you enjoy and benefit yourself and others through your relationship with Him, and Happy Resurrection Day!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm out of my ever-loving mind for the Lord! - My spectacular pastor

• Posted at:

Sunshine

Yup, a dude (nick)named Sunshine! I guess I brighten people's days.

Imma:

Janus

Ravenclaw

Jedi

Whovian

Avenger

IRL, I'm a 16 y/o Christian astrophysicist who loves LEGO, film, tap, classic rock, and film scores.

#ForNorCal

#KeepTheMemoriesAlive

Front sm

hawkart277

i agree redred100 percent way to go Monica spreading God's Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will have a great reward in heaven for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

Agent hawkart277

Front sm

elfcobra452

Totally awesome dude! Are you a christian. I became a christian when I was 7.

Happy Late Resurrection Day!

• Posted at:

#I AA BRONCOS FAN

#I AM A DAUNTLESS/DIVERGENT

#I AM A DAUGHTER OF APOLLO

#I AM A HARRY POTTER FAN

#I LOVE PIZZA

#I AM WITH THE GREEKS AND GEEKS

#I AM A PERCY JACKSON FAN

#I AM A CHRISTIAN

Front sm

magicraven62

Oh. My. Gosh. I am a Christian too! YAY!!!!

• Posted at:

Janus

Wolf Spirit Animal

WOLVES ARE SHY AND CUTE AND GENTLE ANIMALS. SO THERE

Crystal (Pokemon)

Clay

Amy 

Ravenclaw

Waterbender

Shadow Child through and through (Child number 8)

Ace Writer

Ehhhhhh Singer

I'm also 11

HI

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@DuskDragon98

Thanks! That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me, thank you so much. You made my day. ^_^ 

I hope that your relationship with Him grows stronger, and if you feel like it isn't don't get frustrated (I've felt this way). We do have the rest of eternity after all. : )

@HawkArt277

Thanks!

@ElfCobra452

Thanks! Yes I am. 

@MagicRaven62

I'm happy that you're one! 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

twilightfreeze430

It always inspires me to see other Christians in places I wouldn't expect! Happy Resurrection day to you as well!

• Posted at:

Sir Charlie 

#Proud Christian

#BowtiesAreCool

#MasterBaker

#EkaterinaAtHeart

#ButHalfLucian

#YouProbablyHaveToLeanInToReadThis,Don'tYou?

#HoppingInCirclesEatingCupcakes

#AwesomeSignature

#QuiteWastefulToPutAHashtagInFrontOfEveryThingISay

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@TwilightFreeze430

Thank you! I hope you had a good one! 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY