Front sm

writerbookworm21

Branch: Lucian

I'm going to start off saying of love reading, I'm good at it too, and I love English. Writing has always been something I like too, so I've never had any problems with English, until now. We have a new teacher this year. He's really nice, but he's horrible at discipline, he can"t keep to a schedule, he's a pushover, he gives assignments on a person to person basis aka if he doesn't like you he makes you write 6 sentences instead of three (I'm not even exaggerating) and I honestly think I know more about grammar than he does.

Right now, though I'm really frustrated with this one assignment. At the beginning of the year we were told of one assignment we'd do twice; our Independent Reading Assignment (IRA), basically we'd be expected to pick a book each semester, read it, and take a quiz over it. We were even given a list of  at least 40 books that we could do of all different genres. I looked over the books and was immediately excited, one of the books I already had and was meaning to read (which I ended up doing). I went back through the list and was even more excited to see a book that had been on my to-be-read list FOREVER was on the list of approved books. I was REALLY looking forward to reading it this semester for my IRA.

But no, Friday in class he hands out a set of books and says these are our IRA books. He had chosen for us. I looked the book over. It's really bad and I really resent that he chose these for us WITH NO WARNING. I mean, it's one thing to spring a book on us in class and say we'll be reading this together for the next few weeks, another to dictate what we read OUTSIDE of his class.

I confronted him today. I told him I couldn't read the book, that I hated it and couldn't even bring myself to get through the first page, I even had another friend, who also hated the book to come with me. We're both very smart bookworms who KNOW WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT when we say a book is bad. He looked at me like I was an idiot and tried to convince me the book was good. I asked him why we're reading it and he said it's because he didn't want to have paid $800 for all these books for nothing, EVEN THOUGH NO ONE ASKED HIM TO BUY THEM and he had no reason to buy them.

We've been arguing all day and he's trying to use my friends to pressure me into reading it. I'm beginning to resent him and English all together. I'm really upset over this and he won't help me or see my side.

The other problem is that now that I convinced myself the book sucks I can't get over that or convince myself of the opposite. I literally can't bring myself to read it and I've been trying to tell my teacher that all day.

I came home and threw the stupid book against a wall 3 separate times. I'm just so frustrated and I have no clue what to do. My mom will be mad if I get a 0 for not reading the book, but I can't read that book and no one can change my mind either.

Sorry for the rant. This is just really bothering me. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Veronica bookworm Titaniac Swiftie

I've had the time of my life fighting dragons with you.

~Long Live (Taylor Swift)

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Branch: Ekaterina

That. Is. Awful. I am so, so sorry... :P It's hard to find a good English teacher. And yours is definitely not one of them. :P I'm really sorry, Veronia. That sucks. More than a vacuum.

• Posted at:

mickey. 

no more band-aids on my heartaches.

no more smoke when i burn my pancakes. 

no more drowning in my sorrow. 

with my chin held up there's always better luck

tomorrow. 

Front sm

tsunamininja5

Branch: Tomas

*pats shoulder* I know how you feel. I don't like my English teacher this year, either.

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

BUMP!

• Posted at:

Farewell everyone, it was fun while it lasted....

Front sm

agentclue77

Oh Veronica, that is so horrible, believe me, I understand. My teacher has even given me some book I'm NOT ALLOWED to read. What's the book called?

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Something to believe in for even a night

Front sm

writerbookworm21

Thought I'd give an update. My English teacher still won't relent. Thing is though, we have to write a persuasive essay for English. I'm writing on why I shouldn't have to read the book. Final drafts are due at the end of the week and so far, my teacher is being pretty supportive of it, then again, I'm not sure if it's being taken seriously or if my teacher just finds this funny. I'm having fun with it though. I'm still not going to read the book though.

• Posted at:

Front sm

writerbookworm21

Just remembered this. Obviously, it is now July. So, school is out, has been for over two months. Guess what? I didn't read the book. I didn't have to. I don't know if it was me and my essay or something else, but my teacher gave up on trying to get us to read the book and let me choose my IRA book. I won.

• Posted at:

Front sm

agentclue77

HAHA YES

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister